FFXIV General: rip Sch edition

FFXIV: Heavensward General

Angrily Waiting for Early Access Edition

Try the game for free forever! (Only up to level 35) - ffxiv-freetrial.com/us/

Current Patch: 3.57

Patch Archives - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

Useful resources:

List of Commands (used for macros) - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/win/text_command/

Gamer Escape - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/

Garland Tools Database - garlandtools.org/db/

XIV Database - xivdb.com/

FF logs - fflogs.com/

ACT (but don't tell anyone you're using it) - advancedcombattracker.com/

Guildwork (current not working) - guildwork.com/client

Ariyala (gear build simulator, hunt tracker, relic light tracker) - ffxiv.ariyala.com

Mithrie's crafting guides - youtube.com/watch?v=ma5lzsYTA3I&index=4&list=PLbE_CU9Jt_uc0MAfIOY8JqtN5PyPO83Q5

1. If you're brand new, do Hall of the Novice. It's stupid and only teaches you common sense stuff, but you get a 30% exp boosting ring and free level 15 gear.

2. Do all of your Main Story Quests - REQUIRED TO GET TO HEAVENSWARD AREAS/JOBS, AND HEAVENSWARD STORY WILL BE REQUIRED FOR STORMBLOOD

3. Do all of your class quests and get yourself a job - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Jobs

4. Attune to Chocobo Porters, Aetherytes & Aether currents ASAP - it will save you a lot of time & effort

5. Unlock your challenge log, gives great exp and some gil - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Rising_to_the_Challenge

6. Do your daily roulettes - all of them are great until 60, except guildhests, which is great until around 40-50

6. Level crafting & gathering - free dosh (Cooking has an amazing crossclass skill at 37 you need to get.)

8. Hit Tab to [I seem to have misplaced my keyboard]

Get a FC, they give bonuses as long as the people in charge aren't retards

You cannot join a FC if you are currently on a free trial account

Data Center: Primal

Server: Exodus

Neo Wheels Order : An FC with players coming back for the expansion. Some newbies, many veterans, shitposting and complaining about baddies all around. Contact Aloise Nel'hah, Cydrin Lanbatal, Lia Heideman, or Shiaia Reingot for an invite. Applications are open as well, so if none are online just leave an application and you'll get in as soon as possible.

There is also a linkshell for all 8ch players on Exodus to congregate, so that people can communicate regardless of what FC they're in or if they're running the free trial. Contact Lyfon Yharnam, Quickscope Easybake, Aloise Nel'hah, Mhih Wilzuu, Cydrin Lanbatal, Aurora Soulwood, Nomed Nemes, or Shiaia Reingot for an invite. If they aren't on, try and find anybody with a silver star on this list: na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/linkshell/14918173765750372/

oops. I probably should have edited it.

Stormblood general.

boy MNK feels pretty barren now. it wasn't exactly difficult before but now this feels very simple. Dunno what to think of WAR, seems mostly the same except you get kicked in the dick for stance dancing. Atleast I don't play WHM or SCH, I guess. How are you anons feeling about the changes?

Thank for the new bread although hastily made. And thank fuck SE now know that they screwed up instances.

just got disconnected from FATE partying …
did the world explode?? I am playing on JP Datacentres.

Nope it did not. I am also on JP world. There was a massive lag spike earlier, but I did not get disconnected.

I miss my bloodbath.

RIP tank lifesteal ;_;7

Throwing the other FC info back in before anyone can try to argue about it, since someone dropped it from the OP to try causing drama or some shit

Data Center: Primal
Server: Exodus
: An FC with both new and older players, usually shitposting, but willing to assist if you can withstand the banter; you will be called names. PM Aurora Soulwood, Nomed Names, Kohna Enduro, or any other officer for an invite.

Fucking niggers, they were smart enough to bottleneck the logins but did nothing for the duties, rip in piss. Guess I'll do DoH/L stuff while I wait.

lol POTD Pomander of Lust Succubus form spell is effected by Red Mage Dual Cast.

War basically has no sustain atm, you build charges slightly slower, and you just do less damage overall even with lol 104810481048 fell cleave.

and before you start, beast gauge is the same damn shit as charges because it only builds in increments of 10/20, and the only way to spend 5 is to be under a CD.

I'm just leveling a Red Mage right now for funsies but I mainly tank or heal. I have the 3 Tank classes ready to go, which one looks to you like it will be the meme tank?

I can't believe I woke up for this
HOLY SHIT HOW DO YOU FUCK UP THIS BADLY

PLD for sure.

someone somewhere didn't think this through. they staggered server entry via a Q, which was a smart move, but then failed to anticipate the load on their duty servers, which to me just smacks of short-sightedness. what did they think people would do, grab a single new job then run out and start FATEing to 70? or maybe continue the storyline in a famous-for-its-story game?

Raubahn the gatekeeper.

I just followed lyse route till i had to go to work raubahn can wait

Goddamn, I guess il just do preliminary quests before I get to move to exodus

JUST

So seeing how any hopes of balance are fucked for a couple months at least, what news about the content? Any new [DEEP DUNGEONS]? Regular dungeons being interesting? Trial mechanics?

No one knows because they thought it was a great idea to put a solo instance very early into the expansion and bottleneck the server so no one can get past it. New deep dungeons isn't till 4.1, only thing I know about the new dungeon is the 64 one they showed off and it seemed to be even easier.

It was such a retarded move to bottleneck the players so early. What was SE thinking?

what the fuck

is it just me or is the fate exp fucking abysmal?

They expect you to grind them until you turn blue. That's always been fates. Luckily, they've always been easy enough that you can semi-afk through them and get full xp as long as the fate train is large enough.

Spam flash for full xp was very true of them in hw and arr. I doubt much has changed in sb.

The servers are crashing now.

apparently pvp is good exp now, anyone on aether wanna queue and stomp some fags to level while waiting on SE to fix their shit?

I just got up, how fucked are things or are they okay?

900002 electric boogaloo.

just go back to sleep, you get DC'd every 2 minutes

Aether seems to be holding stable ATM. ive not gotten a DC for a while now

Fishing in the meantime waiting for world transfer, fishing while listening to the fringes ost is super comfy

Primal sure as shit isn't stable, I've never seen an MMO release this shit in all my years of playing shit mmo's this is fucking astonishing how poorly they set up for shit

i just got a DC while doing thre RDM instance
squeenix plz

PLD all the way. Warrior's DPS is laughably bad, and DRK got shit on.
Same with healer AST is the only one that it's even viable to play right now.

Thanks yoshi you fuckup

Are there any people on Chaos?

Is it just me or is WHM doing a lot more damage than it should considering cleric stance is gone?

No? They moved all spells damage to mind for healing classes.

That explains it, thanks

Would you fuck my weebkitty?

generic/10

long coat + katana/10

Goddamn, why is my patch taking 7+ hours to download? I'm sure it's not my internet.

servers are fucked because this is probably the worst launch of an MMO I've seen.

TBC was worse

not a [email protected]/* *//10

Well I'm up to .2 MB now so it'll only take six hours.

naw TBC didn't have a story quest that was 30 minutes long and had a really low cap on players

It did have an orgy on the portal that crashed servers, and was a bloodbath on PVP servers.

yeah, that's still not as bad as the constant server crashings that 14's putting out right now

ah I didnt realise servers were crashing, I thought Raubahn was the only problem

No, it had uncompletable quests and bugged physics where you could fall below the world if you decided to go up a hill the wrong way. Don't forget WAR's launch. Server issues on expansion day is just MMOs. It's like bitching about playing with retards, it comes with the territory. Speaking of which, why the fuck can't any company release an expansion that doesn't shit on the servers?

I blame it on the fact they also handed out free 14 day codes.

Why. Why do you hate healers, yoshi. WHY.

The new issue is that healers have too many good role skills. When they decided to double the amount of extra skills you could take, they could've at least upped the amount you can have.

the only solace i can take is that its literally every single person having this fucking issue

I just want off cold steels wild ride.

Nope ;^) Had a queue of 16 people, didn't even take a minute. Only issue I have is best served with cold steel.

I really want the staff in charge of class design to be fired. How they fucked up balancing tanks and healers this hard is unreal.

fixed

Did this thread just get fucking pruned, then undeleted?

what happened?

I saw that, too.

8chins seems to be shitting itself, got 404 and 504 errors on other threads.

Everything in general is fucked now. Look at the aoe nerfs. Flare is fucking awful and one step away from getting target capped like the old Bane. This expac is starting off as a real shit show.

Yoshi and co seem to have a big hate boner against AoE damage for some reason, not even PvP LBs are safe from it. Think they want to stop people mass pulling in dungeons but I don't think nerfing AoE to the ground is going to stop the speedrun crowd or anyone who has tanked for more then a few hours. Also the culling of skills really killed alot of the depth for jobs and from what little I've seen, content hasn't been made any harder to accommodate it.

Not to mention massive DPS queues because >hey guys lets ruin 2/3 tanks and 2/3 healers, I'm sure they won't swap to a nonshit class

This expansion just fixed a lot of shit that wasn't broken. The big thing to me is that almost every single class is going to be boring as shit to level now. Most of them now get a new skill roughly every 4-6 levels(Rogue goes for 11 fucking levels without gaining a new skill after 15), which wouldn't be so bad, except that they also gutted traits, which specifically served the purpose of providing progression at levels when you didn't get any new skills. It seems like their only priority was (excessively) trimming skills to make the jobs easier to play in endgame, without considering how it would retroactively affect new players.

Welp i tired

Is Lyse's cameltoe not as prominent?
It doesn't seem to protrude as much as it did in 2.0

Its been what, 15 hours into early access and no fix or response other then a bullshit obligatory "lol working on it" and "J-j-just form l-lines to help with server load!"? I can't wait for the official release where its going to be an even bigger nightmare. How they had the foresight to limit the queues but to not add a solo instance 10 quests into the expansion is beyond me. Hell can't even do currents because its locked behind MSQ.

I think this is the most incompetent expansion launch I've ever seen. There better be some heads rolling after this shitshow.

You niggers ever consider the fact they just weren't prepared for so many people to run away from WoW and jump to FFXIV?

Fuck off faggot shill. This was fucking terrible design. As shit as WoW is they've never had a launch this bad. Worst they had some quests glitches at the start of WoD and panda that got fixed in like 4 hours. This has been going on 15 hours and all we got is been told we just got to wait it out.

This is fucking ridiculous and the only way you could seriously defend this shit if you were a paid shill.

They're even handing out free 14 day codes you retard. It's pretty fucking obvious they weren't ready for such a heavy load of people.

Good fucking job Yoshi you stupid gook cunt

This isn't about "heavy loads of people", this was about putting a limited instanced fight right at the start of a god damn expansion. This shit would've collapsed even without the extra people. It'd be one thing if they said they have a fix, but they fucking don't. They're god damn fix is just telling people to wait, even though it's already been fucking 15 hours.

There is no excuse for such a launch. Again, WoW at it's peak had way more players then FFXIV does and they never had a cluster fuck this big. Get that fucking Gook cock out of your mouth.

Do Yoshi actually think this through before making his decision? Did he want to force peoples to do PotD to level up?

The only thing Yoship thinks about is how to piss off his own playerbase as hard as possible while tricking them into staying subbed

jokes on him, if this shit doesnt get sorted out soon, the moment my sub runs out im done

Can someone explain to me how SAM work? especially the sen meter. From what I understand certain attack grand shifu. ''Getsu, and ka. But its not really like a NIN where a certain combination of mudra will produce different jutsu, its just like normal gauge except it doesn't which one you start with. You can start of with getsu>ka>shifu or ka>shifu>getsu, it doesn't matter, the end result is the same. 1 sen (doesn't matter if its getsu, ka, or shifu) you will get "Higanbana", 2 sen = "Tekan Goken". 3 sen= ""Midare Setysugekka".

is this all to the SAM mechanic? I dont know why you need a huge ass meter on your screen instead of a status buff at the top. Why the "Sen" have such stupid ass name (Getsu, Ka, Shifu). You can just basically call it a Sen gauge and have a gauge bar like in fighting game. Or is there more to it that dont seem to get? does Getsu or Ka, give you some buff or something?

You get another bar later that's a sword. SAM is a broke as fuck job that makes almost every other melee worthless.

so you have three primary weaponskill combos as SAM. one gives you setsu, one gives you getsu, and one gives you ka. each of those combo's also does something additionally, either debuffing the enemy with slash down (for ka combo), self-recast speed reduction/attack speed increase (shifu) or +10% dmg for self (jinpu). so you want to balance using all three to keep your buffs up and the enemy debuffed.

you want to keep your 1 sen skill (higanbana) up full time, but it's 60s duration so that's not hard to do. otherwise, you use your 3 sen skill for ST damage or your 2 sen for aoe.

But you cannot choose your attack though, example you have all 3 sen, but you only want to use 2 of them, saving 1 for higanbana, you can't do that. Which is why I brought up the stupid Sen name like Gestu when it serve no purpose at all. Also, SAM have 3 AoE, 4 if you include the Sen…. why does it need 4 AoE attack? and all of them pretty much do the same thing.

You might be a little retarded.

yes you can. you just use it when its 1, 2 or 3, and there, you've chosen which attack to use. if you're doing aoe you do your forward cone > then circular aoe 1 > forward cone > circular aoe 2 > 2 sen cone attack > repeat until shit is dead.

and yes, they have purpose. you need all 3 to get to your big attack, you can't just spam the 2-step WS combo to stack 3 sen. you need to cycle through all 3 combos to get all 3 different sen to unlock medare setsugekka

None of the Sen give you any buff you stupid retard. What I ask is the purpose of using getsu, ka and shifu. It's not like NIN mudra where it actually make sense. You can remove the stupid name and replace it with a gauge bar and it still gonna be the same.

Really makes you think.

hahahahaha

no there isn't, you can replace it with a gauge bar which make much more sense than Getsu or whatever. fill up bar #1, you get this attack, fill up bar #2, you get another attack. Because it doesn't matter which Sen you fill up first, its always the same. What I'm saying is the Sen mechanic is very simple but its presented like it have more complicated use. They could have made it like NIN where different Sen combo resulting is different attack like Getsu>Ka>Shifu= AoE and Ka>Shifu>Getsu= some super move or something.

I dont care if they want to use jap words, I expect it to be more than a mere gauge bar. this user sum it up better . There's just no dept to the job despite the flashy names

why not just play NIN at that point. The reason theres 3 different ones and not just a bar was said earlier. To prevent people from just spamming out the 2 step and dropping the rank 3 sen move over and over.

Also maybe some small level of class flavor instead of the boring, bland bullshit that WoW became over the years.

They should open up Transfers soon, need to escape this 5k+ queue on Balmung. Free Transfers would help alleviate some stress on the bigger servers too. Also anyone know when they added the items to skip the story?

Fuck me, I guess.

Would you cum on this pair of cat tiddies?

If I transfer an alt do I get 15 days free time?

wait where are they giving out free time codes? is this for anyone?

Nice job asshats

ugh.. yeah okay i'll just assume you're a female and leave it at that. Where do you want to erp?

i'd cum on those cat titties if you watch me cum

Doesn't mean jackshit, keep trying.
These statuses change on a daily basis, and even if the server is listed as restricted, you can still create a character if you do it at a moment with fewer people logged in

Its an expansion you shitter. There are queues and population locks. Wake up at 4 AM and attempt it like the rest of us.

I just want the duty server to come back up.

More please

holy fucking shit se

jokes on you, you can literally do anything you want to a playerbase that's dumped money in and it's near impossible to get them to quit. See WoW, Warframe, Any Mobile Game, Payday 2, and now FFXIV

Since a lot of these changes are meant to cater to the shitters I hope they get bullied endlessly

It's only going to get worse from there.

This is true. It'll probably require a lot of people bailing on ff14 before Yoshi gets shitcanned by SE,

A reminder why this is a bad idea (stolen from another user from last bread). Unlike the west, things are more serious here in Japan in this regard. If I see someone drop dps or something, I would just advise them and if they listen, good, if not, then shit happens, get over it.

Because not just shitters that will get this kind of shit (though they should, not good at the game is one thing, being a dick is other), anyone who is NOT the 'muh top meta rotation speedrun hardcorez wurld first mlg' will get this kind of shit and the community would sink to WoW-tier real fast.

That would make sense until you realize the community and GMs already are a bunch of delicate flowery cunts that ban for calling someone dumb or criticizing his choice of being fucking retarded and wearing garo gear on a Zurvex speed clear party.
Adding a parser when the banning standards are already this low would have no noticeable impact

You dont need a parser to know if somebody is awful

Why didn't you just set your ilvl requirement to enter your party at 265 or something? Not saying that shitters won't be shitters, but that's just bad foresight to allow anyone to enter your Zurvex party.

Then the problem lies with the western community and GM for enabling dumbcunts, dickweeds, and the 'muh entitled's in the first place. Here on the east side, specifically on 2ch. They do have their own blacklists for their own shitters and evildoers like an incident with FC leader and few of his friends who collected gil from other FC mates to buy a house then kicked them all out, bunch of posts with screencaps, and then they dole out punishment on their own.

Note that shitter does not mean anyone who is not top meta mlg leet players. It mean they are being a fucking dick and a scrub in general, for example, a Dragoon who does not use Heavy Thrust at all, you ask him if he is a newbie or not used to playing Dragoon on a polite tone, give him advice, if he listened and tries his best to remedy that. He is a regular good guy. If he calls you a cunt and tells you that you don't pay his sub and he can shit on you however they want. That is a shitter.

Wasnt my party, but that's not even the point. The point is this nigger was called out and what did he do? Run to cry to the GM about how the ebil bully is ruining his game experience with his nazi logic and then soon after the guy in question finds himself getting a really fucking awkward intervention by some GM autist in a virtual prison and pretty much strongarmed into saying "I'm sorry I wont do it again".
This isn't even a rare thing now, this happens all the goddamn time. Go on, call some random a faggot on yell chat and see how you like the GM waging their finger at you within minutes if they dont outright suspend you for a day for HARRASMENTTTTT.

Now imagine they added a parser. What would change about the community? You think anyone is gonna start shit for long after this is known to happen to anyone being too loud?

It already is sinking to wow-tier. Just look at how shitty the job changes are. I've seen so many pure healers in the last few months than I've ever seen in the years I've been playing. The wow shitters need to get gone and Yoshi needs to go with them.

The example given is funny, because it shows how little banter the japs can take. They're getting really bad when it comes to their personal feelings and this is reflected in the gms as well.

It's an issue with SE in general.

A shitter is a shitty player and is most often given to someone who gives a shitty performance from my experience. The bar for performance in ff14 is already super low, so it takes a special kind of person to fall below it. Of course, green leafs aren't counted as they're expected to not know shit.

Nothing. Parsers are already pretty common on pc and even console players have access to them via pc players.

This is very true. I was with an Ast cohealer in Dun before the patch who would barely cast a spell. I couldn't do shit about it as they came in as a party and had the numbers to prevent a vote-kick. I just let them eat shit as often as I could and left after it was done.

I feel like its honestly easier to play SCH now if anything the potency nerfs to SMN make it shitty to level now, but maybe at 70 it will become better. RDM and SAM are both fun as fuck, although I feel like SAM has the better animation set and RDM just has neat particles.

Still thinking about getting the expansions.
DRK bros, how are the changes? I don't really like them on paper.

Imagine if they added any level of mod support.

Also, are instance/duty servers steady again?

How about no. I think it is fine as it is. I don't want a cluttered mandatory 500 meters or GTFO like WoW again.

no
tbh should just uninstall and unsub and tell everyone who asks that it's a shit game

Wut? Where are we getting two weeks free?

I haven't tried the other classes yet, but I really enjoy the changes they made to Bard.
Making songs an actual part of the rotation with a benefit for the player and being able to walk again are the best things ever.

You level a character to 30 on one of the designated servers and you get 14 days of gametime for free once per account.

Bard does look pretty nice.

The class is basically dead.
Play PLD or drop tank at this point, they murdered them hard

Its funny because archer was the only class I had that was not 50 and was sitting at level 15 so I decided to boost him up to 60. Haven't gotten around to playing him yet, but you have peaked my interest my good sir.

why did you let an imageboard shape your worldview? there are actual people out there
even people with a different culture to your own

DRKs still seem to do fine although I feel like both WAR and DRK take a fuckton more damage than they used to. I feel myself having to heal them more often than I used to.

Let me tell you, they are not fine. they took an absurd DPS hit, and lost important tools without gaining anything. Warrior much the same, but with an even larger damage hit.
Unironically, tanking is dead unless you really like to play PLD's boring ass rotation. (which ironically is now how long DRK's rotation is)

same with healer unless you play AST

war lost a shitton of sustain with the loss of bloodbath and the removal of the dmg debuff on storms path. drk lost bloodbath as well, but it doesn't affect them as much. playing war now is suffering though. you take so much more dmg that used to be mitigated via the healing of bloodbath. no more big overpower+bb pulls, simply because you can't sustain like you used too.

I'm not getting the expansion needless to say. And what the hell, I can do like a shitload of DAs without worrying about mp, mp management is fucking ridiculous.

If you aren't intelligent enough to ignore trolls in the current year, then you need to stay off of the internet. If your skin is that thin, then you aren't getting anywhere in life. You'll just end up like the many commie faggots on college campuses who complain about safe spaces.

There are plenty of japs that understand the banter found on the internet and can manage it. Just because Yoshi got his panties twisted up in a bunch is no way to lead this game. Having said that, he's free to use every excuse in the book that he wants. If he wants to avoid parsers, because retards are going to get bullied then that's fine with me. It's already on a don't ask don't tell policy. If he wants his mods functioning as the feelings police, then that's ok with me too. If he wants to put every problem has back on 1.0's shoulders, then that's fine too. I'll see him as a lazy cunt considering how well the game has been doing, but that's ok. If he wants to avoid giving us new healers and tanks because he wants to balance the current ones, then that's ok too if he actually does it. If he wants to avoid a glamour log, because of ps3 limitations then because of the server load, then because of bad 1.0 coding then that's ok too.

Who is in charge of the combat balance changes? From what I've seen of the development team, Yoshi gets final say and the other devs seem to bend over for him. An example that was given was that the devs wanted to remove protect, but Yoshi wanted it to stay. I'm curious how much input he actually had in the changes or if he's functioning more as the front man, given his position

yeah he's balancing the old 3 tanks and healers by completely removing them from the game. It's much easier to balance 1 tank and 1 healer!
seriously these changes are hilariously bad, and the game's unplayable garbage

Honestly all this does is make you come across as autistic

I'm also not the one blindly defending Yoshi like some cunt with Stockholm syndrome. Perhaps that's common among those from wow? I know it was pretty common among the players that stayed with swtor back during the tortanic fiasco.

This expac has been pretty shitty so far in terms of combat changes. I'm expecting a ton of changes soon.

Who else thinks that bard is pure fucking sex now?

Yes, yes, 4.1 will be good we promies, 4.2 even better, just make sure you keep paying your sub. You mention tortanic folks, yet you're kinda doing the same thing. If you think game is shit and changes are shit, just quit or don't sub until you get the changes you like.

but then

meanwhile

whoever was in charge of mch, sam, brd and rdm deserve medals. brd looks really fun now, mch also looks a lot more fun (and much less "FUCKING PRESS THEM ALL"-style hectic), while sam and rdm are both really smooth, flowing jobs that have solid power and are both fun and challenging.

and then war, drk, whm and mnk got shat on like someone had explosive diarrhea. and the rest just sorta got "meh'd." it's like there are two dev teams at work. the good one worked on rdm, sam, brd, mch and, to a lesser extent, pld, nin and smn. the bad one worked on drk, war, whm and mnk. then they collaborated to release the freak show that is sch, drg and blm.

Actually, the made classes which are played by most people ie casuals better, Yoshi said that BRD is played mostly by casuals, for example. I've seen people shit on MCH because apparently it's not fun. I don't know what to make of DRK yet, some people say it's shit, some people praise it. WAR and SCH kinda deserved what they got so I personally don't care.

You're absolutely correct and I have. I won't say that all of the changes are bad, but that ones that are are bad enough in my eyes to warrant immediate attention. I'll continue to keep an eye out on the game for the changes that I want.

There does feel like there's a lack of communication within the dev team.

off to bed

I'm doing the same thing. I'm just kinda mad at myself because I renewed my sub 20 days before SB even though I was almost certain I won't get SB anyway. I could actually probably with with the changes but the thing that I can't stand are absolutely shit servers and very, very bad community.

NEVER EVER

PVE bard looks like schizophrenic nonsense. PVP bard looks awesome.

Used to be MCH main before I switched back to BRD. HW MCH was very counter-intuitive to play because everything revolves around Wildfire which was supposed to be your damage booster not a lifeline. Solid team support, I will give it that. But the tunnel visions are not worth it. Yeah I agree whoever did the MCH job deserved a medal, a jar of cookie, and a blowjob.

i admit, i laffed

I was doing this ironically to trigger my FC and queue cucks

Sure.

I can see the reason why SE jap devs don't know what to do about this is because this seems to be a western only issue. MMOs here won't get better until those fucks are bullied out of our hobby. Though since the servers were moved to (((commieforina))) I doubt they know how bad it really is here.

So can we actually complete the MSQ now or is the instance servers still fucked?

Still fucked and they're doing nothing to fix them.

least pvp is fun and worth doing to level

So my got my Aryan highlander up and running. Chose the viking nation. Does nation matter?

Oh good, and here I thought they actually spent their daylight working on actual issues. Did they even relay any info about it other than "Whoops, hahah. Sorry! x3"

Nope. They put out another sorry message and just told people to keep waiting.

I mean, at least the damn game is playable and the servers have stopped shitting itself but god damn, the retard that decided to use the instance server near the beginning of the MSQ on a fucking expansion needs to commit seppku. This whole experience should have filled him with shame, I tell you hwut.

Honestly if you aren't laughing your ass off at all the little retards that fell into the OMG EARLY ACCESS train and still can't even play the goddamn content, you are doing it wrong

Bitching about this is like bitching about the lack of a proper jump button in an isometric loot based rpg. Besides, compared to some launches like WAR and BC this is about right and i'm not falling through the fucking floor every time I want to move in the new areas. In case you forgot, the nips can't use a PC to save their fucking lives.

That's my point user, you should be laughing at everyone who didn't see this coming

Of course, I'm a huge retard that got EA though so instead of banging my head against a wall i'm going maximum overjew and making millions of gil from retards that want to gear up their sam and rdm.

this doesnt make any sense tho, they get a full set of decent gear any anyone with half a brain would just grind potd which doesn't use gear.

But then again this line of thinking would require half a brain.

It's only the left side. If they want some JEWlery then they either have to spend poetics which any sane person would do or be a retard and trust a mastercrafter. :^)

Feels good to not try and rush content like a retard

Hey Rin

I've been making mad bank just selling HQ Heavensward mats or GC turn ins, people buying 10 pots of HQ Anthony Birch Sap for 200k or Star Rubies and Sapphires for 30-50k a pop and they take no effort to gather and craft.

good ilvl isn't exclusive to good players. welfare gear with their upgrades will always have the same ilvl as the best stuff.

You need to be 18+ to post here.

Goddamn, I forced myself through the story because I had no fucking choice because I told myself the community would get active once at endgame, but it never ends.
This is another themepark mmo with no combat variety. There's almost no skill involved other than "who can follow the same class patterns well enough to not wipe". Black Desert online shat itself and the last good project, Darkscape got fucked by devs trying to appease everyone. Will there ever be a real mmo and not a coop rpg with chat lobbies?

You keep proving you're not old enough to be here every time you post.

To be fair, the problem isn't even the server instability since that's common with any MMO expansion launch. The problem is the fucking np that decided that putting a single player instance near the beginning of the msq was a good idea because an expansion always launches smoothly and surely the instance servers would be able to handle creating that many concurrent instances at once! The nip who greenlit this shit should be shamfur dispray'd so badly he commits seppuku.

Go do something else you fucking autists. What's wrong with you people? Maybe if you weren't all a bunch of spergs you'd be able to get in. Jesus christ.

not only that, but they arbitrarily limited the number of people who can do that instance.

ha ha, time to play other vidya until this blows over

What the fuck do I have to do to get into the cold steel quest? Just get lucky?

Wait until the server stops shitting itself. can always go play something else while all the faggots rush to 70.

what is the origin of that pic

You wait a week or two or spam and hope you get lucky.

No idea, I didn't even know I had it

There's currently a bug where the sever will refuse to let you play your character by giving you non-stop 90ks. I got it whenever I was loading into an instance like pvp or potd. You'll eventually get to play on that character again, but only after a certain period of time has passed. I hope you all have at least 1 alt.

I really do pity anyone who didn't win the Rauban lottery

Yoshi is probably executing someone as we speak

I'm stuck in this right now. Any idea how long it takes before it fixes itself?

i certainly fucking hope so. im not a "rush to level cap" guy, but i do enjoy the story, and i've been wanting to kick the empire out of ala mhigo since i first learned the lore of the realm in 1.0. so im more than a little excited to advance this quest and explore new areas.

but i can't. because some cunt gated 95%+ of the xpac behind a solo instance that keeps shitting itself.

dont go too far user, theres apparently a bug that completely locks that character after fighting the first primal

f-fun game bros

supposedly it happens when you are in an instance and it crashes. since your character is in the crashed instance you need to wait for the instance to time out so like 30 min. supposedly this also prevents anyone else from going into the instance which is contributing to the bottleneck.

It took me like an hour or so before it let me back in with that character.

It was on the forums as well. That would be awful to make it that far then get a big fat fuck you.

I agree. The dev team could use a kick in the ass for this and just because of the connection issues.

I can see that. I really wish that logging in with your character would kick you off the server like it does in every mmo that I can think of. It sucks having to wait for your character to log when you've already logged back on.

I tried getting into the first instance battle in the RDM quest line, and that's what did it. The bizarre thing is that I'd been running dungeons just fine before this.

It feels like individual battle instances are a huge drain on resources, much less than 4 person dungeons so they seem to be prioritizing the 4 player ones over the individual ones

Just wait until people don't autistically spam it every five seconds and all will be fine.

well on the bright side this gives a decent opportunity to see the ratio of main jobs. PLD, WAR, SMN, MNK, DRG, AST seem to be the most popular right now. I was surprised how many tanks there were.

poor souls, it's like seeing the special olympics each time you see someone stupid enough to still be playing those classes

Xeno on suicide watch?

I just wanted to run a couple dungeons after work.

Players are being ferried across the wall in the Fringes. There are probably pfs on your servers. This gets you past the rauhban/pipin section so that you can continue. Do it before Yoshi can do something dumb like patch it.

On principle, I feel like it's wrong.

Smug posts for people who didn't purchase Stormblood early access

Nigger you're on the wrong board on the wrong site.

I may have typed that wrong.

Let me try again

Smug posts if you didn't pre order for early access.

I am the blessed one

That's what you deserve Balmaug scum

Gilgamesh motherfucker.

It's clear that Square has no fucking idea what they're doing anymore. WAR might as well be renamed because it sure as fuck isn't the same class from 2.0/3.0. Fucking fotm niggers ruining our class.

Sure am glad they "balanced" the current tanks and healers though. Great job on that chinks.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a refund of this expansion on steam?

I understand your pain well user. I was a SCH main but instantly dropped it the second servers came up, they utterly destroyed it and took away or nerfed everything that made it unique and no one gives a shit because its not WHM.

The fuck did they do to SCH? I thought it was left mostly alone, but I guess the fuck not.

SCH is the sloppy seconds that gets picked after WHM

Is he /our guy/?

Shit will get more balanced again in coming major patches. Probably the first major patch after the expansion goes live for everyone who didn't pre-order. Pre-order is simply a beta test.

What did they do to SCH? I mained SCH since it was released.

Embrace got hit to 250, Fey illumination down to 10%, proxy nerf due to the Cleric rework, Atherflow down to 10%, Chain Strat was 20% for 20 seconds on a 90 second CD but got nerfed to 15% for 15 on a 120 CD and might be utter shit depending on how it werks, MP costs are 30% up across the board not 100% on that one but the few people I know still playing sch believe it is, moved from being a DoT based class to WHM 2.0 roation and suffering the exact same issues as 2.0/3.0 WHM mana issues because of it, Blizz 2 is gone and Bane works on a -20% pot per target so they have zero AoE, Fey Union only works within 10y of the target and is only 480 pot a tick which is fucking shit to begin with, also the gauge only fills with a fairy out making what could have been a small niche for Dissipation gone, Selene still has fucking silence and the new SB skills dont really add anything to SCH as a whole. Lustrate 2.0 and Union would have been sexy for pre Cleric rework and the CD on Lust 2.0 makes it shit on everyone that isn't a tank. Broil 3 and Chain Strat don't make up for everything SCH has lost.

Worst thing of all is that the class looks so fucking boring now.

Wow. So basically made another class that had a high skill ceiling boring. Bravo.

Lame. So it appears that they are even further pushing the healers away from DPSing under any circumstances. And forcing them to hold all their mana for healing. Does that sound about right?

I hope so. Tired of fucking dying because of shit healers trying to DPS instead of doing their job.

Honestly I'd prefer that if only because of what said.

BRAVO

kek, well, that may be true. But that only happened with bad healers. I had no problem DPSing while healing on SCH. Before this expansion anyways.

I suppose this is pushback against SCH slotting accuracy after crit. They really really don't want healers DPSing, I guess.

Not quite, this is only an issue for SCH right now. WHM Assize is now only 60 seconds and they get Thin Air at 62 which removes all MP costs for 15 seconds and AST still has Ewer and their spells are piss cheap compared to SCH. This is more just them overcompensating and being retarded. AST is pretty much the only healer to come out of SB with more instead of less.

Pretty much so.

Well now its so fucking easy to DPS as a healer there's no reason you can't do it unless you have literal downs syndrome. which 70% of the playerbase does mind you.

ultra lame

What was Square thinking? Why does WHM need a free Cure 2 on a minute cooldown?

I just wanted to try the PvP and level up botanist a bit.

Best comfy job.

If he wanted to reduce the pressure to dps for healers he should have just drastically reduced their damage. Screw the I want them to be able to solo mentality. healing something meant for groups

Nah.

Mining is the same. And fishing is pretty comfy too.

Alchemy was always pretty comfy to me too, and it mixes well with Botany.

Crafting in general isn't bad once you get the rotation down. But it can be frustrating at times. Gathering is much more chill.

Did they slow down the speed of mounts in the expansion zones?

Oh, I lost millions in my early crafting days. But it became more consistent, over time.

I wonder how it will be in the new expansion. I expect everything will be different. New rotations and new skills.

more like they sped them up in non-SB areas. i guess once we beat certain MSQ's we'll get a mount speed boost for the new areas but that'll never happen because "LOL MANDATORY EARLY XPAC SOLO MSQ INSTANCE NOOBS"

fucking SE.

i switched from tanking to RDM. Thank Yoshi-P for making all the tanks boring and RDM too fun.

Let me re-phrase that. How is crafting in the expansion.

I'm currently a 4 star crafter prior to the expansion. Unfortunately, I can't afford to buy the expansion and play for a while yet.

How is crafting now?

anyone have a macro to automate pipin's nonsense?

I heard there's one for Raubahn but I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Are there any Holla Forums FCs on Odin? Cause euro schedules

Has anyone gotten through Raubhan should I even bother trying or just watch more anime?

I gave up yesterday. With the sheer number of people who sit there for HOURS clicking I just don't see the point of wasting my time. Might as well beat Yakuza 1.

I don't understand how people will just sit there for 16 hours clicking.

probably can try at like 3 a .m. if not then you might as well wait a week. You will probably hear either here or somewhere else when people really start managing to get though.

Autism is a hell of a drug.

I'll just play 7.62 instead.

Did they really underestimate the server load by that much?
You'd think they would have learned that lesson after the 1st expansion.

Is there any gil in Fishing?

I probably shouldn't have entered as a lvl 38 BLM; I should level up to do more of the MSQ but gathering and then cooking my ingredients is too relaxing. You can only own one house on a character right? Think I could save enough gil to snatch up a house in Lavender Beds after the Stormblood lots open up? Or am I just getting my hopes up for nothing?

Not really, prior to the expansion. Now, who knows? But I doubt it. Mining and Botany have always been the bread winners before.

It has never been difficult to buy a house since they implemented the auto-unclaim feature. Just check all the plots at the main aetheryte in each city a few times per day, and you'll find a plot eventually. They are constantly opening up, at random times.

They'll eventually be banned for this. But it wouldn't surprise me.

Welp, guess even multi-person instances are starting to go bad.

They added spearfishing with this expansion, so whatever you catch that way might be fairly valuable. Still, your only buyers are going to be Culinarians and people buying fish for an aquarium.

What is the easiest RPG game ever?

I am looking for a RPG that is super easy

Without any difficulty.

Where it is impossible to get stuck somewhere.

Without anything grinding

And that everything in the game is super easy and simple

Spearfishing. Is this a whole new class or a new extension of the fishing class? Do mining or botany get anything new like this?

Read a book, nigger.

I do not like to read books.

I look for a super easy RPG and without difficulty

What you're describing is exactly the same as reading a book. There is no difference. So just read a book.

Just play any mainstream western RPG made after 2005.

And what western RPG's Games post 2005 recommend me?

By the way, I only play video games rated E for Everyone in the ESRB

and I do not like anything nintendo

nigga you trolling?

He's trolling. Or just 12. Or both.

I already told him to read a fucking book, since that is what an RPG would be if you removed all forms of challenge from it. Then it's no longer a game. It's more like a book or a movie.

I'm a bad player playing RPGs.

I always end up stalling or not knowing what to do somewhere in the game

That's why I look for RPG's that are super easy and without difficulty

I don't know what the fuck this is. At first I thought it was another bot that crossposts from 4chan, but it keeps posting.

Maybe he is literally retarded…

It doesn't work. Someone somewhere will be trying to get in. The entire df server is shitting itself, so people that just started playing can't even get past the level 5-8 instanced starter quests.

This shitshow is going to probably blow up pretty badly. I doubt SE cares though as long as the nips keep playing. How are the Japanese servers btw? Are they as bad?

Go watch more anime. If the servers don't explode on Monday, you may be able to get in sometime next week or sooner if you're lucky.

I've dc'd in both potd and pvp. It's pretty common.

I've also heard about there being emergency maintenance soon for some zone barely anyone has reached yet. If it's true and they ignore the current issues, then that's going to go over very well with the community.

(checked)
Those were the baits, man. Really obvious one. Plebbit spacing lure, check. Implying FF is easy as shit, check.

Just an underwater extension of fishing that you can unlock at 61, it's in the patch notes under "Items". I don't think there's anything similar for Botanists or Miners, though I wouldn't be surprised if you can gather shit underwater.

I'd just be torturing myself if I read the patch notes. Much the same as posting ITT. I need to get a job so I can afford the expansion and game again…

Oh. The Primal bug is getting fixed. That's good. I can only hope we see more of that soon.

I think they fixed the raublock too, everyone in my FC is getting through

I wouldnt fucking know, i got 90k in Rhalgars Reach an hour ago. Every queue results in another 90k

not any "official" but I have an FC called the Black Dog Knights. join us.

just further proof that the game would be better off if greg and balmeme collectively fell into a black hole. to save the body we must cut off the gangrenous limbs.

They only added one EU world? I thought they were adding multiple.

I walked right up to pipin and loaded in in one try. shit appears to be fixed

Is it too late in this game's lifecycle to start as a newbie shitter? It looks breddy fun but I don't want to start playing if it'd be akin to being a wrathbabby in WoW.

Starting is fine, though your 1-50 experience will probably be extremely boring. Nothing you can do about being the equivalent of a warthbaby though, that depends on the popularity of SB

Cool, I'll probably start later this afternoon. Are there a shitload of restrictions that keep me from playing with Holla Forums if I'm on a free account? And you all play on Exodus it looks like?

You can't join a Free Company (guild equivalent), send tells (whispers) to anyone, can't invite people to groups and can't earn much gil. Plus some other shit I can't remember.

The launch might be shit, but I am glad to see the music is still up to par

just fuck my shit up famalamadingdong.

A system error occurred during thread movement

You cant speak either. Only in party chat I believe.

Man, WAR was more or less perfect. Why'd they have to go and ruin it?

Sure, it was definitely too strong compared to the other tanks, but that means you should buff them a little, not completely gut the class. Its entire identity has been destroyed and it feels like it plays way more sloppy than before too.

HW Warrior I would argue was honestly the best designed class in the game. Not in the sense that it was balanced or whatever, but in the sense that it felt great to play. Everything had a purpose. There was not a single skill I didn't use. What do we have now? haha meme cleave xd? And that's about it. It's just sad.

Yup. Instead of buffing shit to it's level they rape it's corpse. I love playing things that feel weak and half-assed.

I'm not even sure what I want to do any more. I absolutely despised leveling PLD, so I don't even want to touch that even if it's strong as fuck right now.

Warrior just feels like a completely different class, and quite frankly boring. I'm not even sure I want to keep playing it when they do inevitably buff it, because it's just not as fun to play any more. Maybe I'll give DRK a shot, I guess. It was at least fun when I tried it out a little.

The tank life is rough.

Well, I kinda know how you feel. I've mained WAR since 2.0 up until 4.0, but I can't fucking stand the shit they did it to. It might as well be a different class now because of how sloppy it feels. I always liked PLD since I love sword/board. I just hate having to give up my favorite job in favor of the fotm tank job. Simply because it still feels like it always has. And of course all the niggers that tell us to shut up because "XDDD FOTM NERFED!!!!!!".

At this rate I'll end up dropping tanking and jumping onto RDM. They fucked MNK, WAR and SMN for me. Not sure how MCH is at the moment, but doubt it'll be as enjoyable as RDM or as broken.

Why is this game trying to turn me into a fag? Aside from that, made another character and I like being a Lancer more since I always loved spears and halberds. Apparently the natural path for that is Dragoon, but I feel like there's a stigma around them for some reason? Is it the look?

It's because of lolDRG in the past. They used to have super long locked in animation so mediocre to bad players would frequently start an attack and finish in the middle of an insta kill AOE leading. Meaning dragoons spent way more time dead on the floor than anyone else.

All those issues got fixed though so it's a fading memory at this point.

DRK players, how are the changes? I'm still thinking about getting the expansion but I'm interested in how DRK plays now.

It's awful, DRK is basically HW PLD with how braindead it plays. Still better than warrior who might as well just not be in the game.
They really fucked tanking. Wait like 7 months and see if they ever bother fixing tanking to not be PLD and useless tag-alongs

I don't know what to think anymore user. I've seen a number of people insisting that DRK is more complex before due to maximizing DA use bla bla. That's why I'm interested in what people who actually play it think.

As someone who actually plays it, they're talking out their ass. Only people who think it's "more complex DA maximization" are braindead people who think "hit a button during your combo" adds layers of complexity.

Servers still fucked?

Red Mage is so goddamn fun, jesus christ.

What the fuck?

>>>/reddit/

I fucking hate most of the change to the classes but OST is still great. Yanxia day theme is beyond comfy.

r8 my catgirl

2/10 a bad cat

2/10 I don't like that hair and you don't even have a custom glam.

>Tfw SAM is DRG 2.0 and utter shit played by shitters with the title because its the only one they got.

3/10

-5 because kinna weps and flavor or the month RDM. Also shit glam, but the face is cute.Your waifu is shit

A RIVER IN A DRY LAND

Are you on Coeurl? I saw roe in a gay pink shirt running around Limsa earlier.

Also like this guy said, but DRG still has animation lock that will fuck you from time to time, though it's mostly a problem in actual raids. As long as you're not completely shit you're fine, though people will still assume you're shit.

Estinian shows up and Heavensward music starts playing

I'm enjoying the story so far

In that case, I'll give it a shot. If I'm extremely bad at it even with practice, then I'll probably try Machinist or maybe Red Mage in the future.

Pugilist into Monk would've been perfect, but my group needed a tank. Dreams can only be dreams. If only I had an ability for Tyrant's Wave

Yeah, I have this guy on there. It's hard playing with American and European friends at the same time, so I've been neglecting him a little bit. To think he once looked like this.

Why can they just remake FF11. This game sucks dick and feels like a easy mode wow clone

They tried, it was called FFXIV 1.0

it was garbage.

the fuck are you going warrior for then?
Warrior is legitimately useless right now, go PLD

not that bad. gutted in it's stated role as "sustain/meat tank" but not useless. besides, it's nice punching shit in the dick every 30s.

but pld is still objectively a better tank right now so your larger point still stands

what's her name Holla Forums?

susano was fucking awesome

So glad Raubahn was gentle on me, because now I don't have to play with the plebs anymore.

How long until we can start using mounts in the water? I'm getting really tired of the long swims.

you get the ability shortly after getting to the first underwater city with the friendly kojin. like, it's the first MSQ you do in that area (involves you killing a single crab). then there's a sidequest at Kurenai in the second underwater city west of the kojin city that unlocks the second 4-man instance and the ultimate in pure qt3.14 eczema demons

No, Square finally fucking got there head out of there asses and rented more servers. things seem to have settled down for now. but we wont know until tomorrow when its "official" release happens.

Confirmed for never playing FFXI. Your FC is garbage btw.

I would bet that the commieforians who run the new data center in NA were not prepared for this shit and didn't know what to do once servers were being hammered. Why the fuck did they move them to such a shitshow of a state? Do they not know that part of the US is going to sink into the ocean soon?

Stuck in a queue of 3000+ and tomorrow even more players will flood in.

How are you all liking your class changes?

Show your new UIs with the job specials.

new thread pls

Earthly Star's damage is bugged from what I've read. It's doing less damage than it should.

well i guess i need to do the nin job quest now. pic isn't job gauge for war, but there's nothing really special about the war job gauge tbh. but this fight on the other hand. oh man. my dick was diamonds when i realized i was the one standing between the raid wiping or achieving true glory. i can't wait to see what susano EX is like.

war is meh. onslaught (the charge) is neat in that it has a short CD of 15s and is great for dodging aoe and re-engaging, as well as general mobility. it just costs 20 beast gauge (our BG-powered weaponskills cost 50 apiece). upheavel (the uppercut) is solid dmg and you get to punch shit in the dick, so that's nice. it just, again, costs 20 BG. i haven't actually seriously used my aggro combo as a war since the first instance, and even then i quickly learned i'm better off spamming storm's path combo for the healing + higher gauge gain 30 per combo instead of 20 and just using steel cyclone or point-blank onslaught's to keep a threat lead. now i'll use butcher's block combo once when i engage a boss and then never touch it again unless i brain fart and default back to my old habits.

im currently 65 so i don't have the last 3 new things, but two of them look nice and one of them looks only conditionally useful. will report back once i get further up in the levels, but i am at least looking forward to 66, where using inner beast, fell cleave, steel cyclone or decimate will now lower the CD on infuriate when they deal damage against most targets according to the tooltip

have some of the stray being cute.

Is potd still the fastest way to level past 60?

Getting Error 9002 after a crash going into that duty with Pippin anyone know how to fix it?

Nevermind I fixed it just had to switch data centres.