CD Projekt Red

I heard CD Projekt Red is hated now. Could sombody tell me why? I wasn't really able to find any good info on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

gog.com/mix/games_that_have_native_linux_portselsewhere
gog.com/mix/games_that_treat_gog_customers_as_second_class_citizens
gog.com/mix/gog_games_with_serial_numbers
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the modding debacle is a good reason, but otherwise I don't like them because they never made a good game and got the basics of game design wrong but for some reason this is acceptable if it's my little polaks who could('nt)

its just contrarians, they're actually really good.

I hate them because they got popular and made games for systems other than PC.

I'm sure some people hate them, and some people love them, and some people are indifferent to them who fucking cares

If it's just the hatebase then I don't. I saw them mentioned in a very negative a couple of time now and wanted to make sure.

Yeah?

Every fucking time. You really need a spine and a mind of your own.

they've done plenty of scummy shit

What drm their games have?

probably because they went full multiplat even tough cyberpunk2077 is PC only for now.

Some RPGfags don't like how casual they've become with their rpg mechanics, since the first one was a pretty good rpg and had those deep but annoying mechanics. Some modfags don't like how red kit is hard even stupid hard to use.

There are many reasons but just think of The Witcher games as SMT the mainline is neglected even a rotting corps while the spin off or persona is the popular one. The same happen with nr3 it became popular and everything that is popular and not niche is bad.

oh and another great one

cdp but not red:

lmao this fucking company gets away with so much shit it's fucking pathetic that anyone stands up for this shit

securom

But which games

Not realy hated, they just arent the golden gods people thought they were. I still quite like them, but if cyberpunk goes further down the ubisoft open world bullshit road, im out.

witcher 2, point is they lied about drm and the game launched with it. removed a few weeks later.

you are out of luck m9.
They said more or less that Cyberpunk will be the biggest game they've made.

Went full corporate, pretty much original dev team had left company when witcher 3 came out and it's noticeable. If only they achieve quality of HoS for whole game + blood and wine i would not have any problem whit them.

And people like razorfist, who hates it because the source material plagiarizes moorcock

OG team already started leaving with Witcher 2, you can see by how it was far more generic fantasy than W1

Well, lets see:
1. Went multiplat since witcher 2
2. Downgraded witcher 3
3. Current year and feminism jokes in Witcher 3 dlc
4. Cyberpunk 2077 still doesn't have any gameplay footage
5. Attempted to gain money from shitty witcher shovelware like gwent card game The Witcher Adventure
6. The six point would be cyberpunk 2077 being just as bad as fallout 4 for this studio to become complete cancer.

oy vey i thought exclusives were anti-consumer, don't be like that goys, I mean, guys :^)

It's weird what fuck happened between HoS and BaW, you look at credits and see that it's pretty much same guys there but HoS is so much better expansion.

Downgrades and lies.

I don't know much about them, only played the first Witcher (the other ones don't run on my PC and even the first one runs like shit), but I hate how they pulled a Valve with Witcher 3: if you get the game on disc it's techinically DRM-free (except for the first print), but you have to register your copy on GOG to get any patches.

Because most of Holla Forumsirgins are edgy tryhards, who base their consensus on whoever shits it up the most. Marketers have a field days with contrarians, they are just as gullible as leftists and eventually become such.

I never understood why you faggots are mad about them making a CURRENT YEAR shitpost.

It's the opposite, they kinda cool. Shitposters have realized this and bait with it and it works more than it should.

Dropped

That's a boy.

Movement is weird one, like no one played game before it released.

OP, half of Holla Forums will always find a reason to hate anything. Take everything you read here with a grain of salt.

they also don't play video games.
If they did they wouldn't be posting here, they would be playing video games.

Sure enough. That's why I made this thread. I mean they could have started a frankenstein skullcap radio kickstarter that I wasn't aware of but it seems like it's nothing.

You people are legit retarded. That, or shills. Claiming that there is no reason to do a thing doesn't work when people have listed a number of reasons already.

lol its nowhere near the level of an average AAA dev

Wew lad.

what did he mean by this?

To be fair they did this post-release.

Yes this was directly due to console parity. They complained they wouldn't even be able to make a game as big as TW3 without console sales but they spent literally more money on marketing than they did the development budget. So they could've easily invested the marketing budget back into development, released as PC only, appeased the niche instead of normalfags and not had any visual downgrades. The core audience would've still bought and probably done good enough.

Shitty but not worth much attention. There's some redpill in there to counter balance it, I'd say.

They're focusing on Gwent for now since they already invested so much time and money into it. They didn't expect people to completely forget it like the phase it is. But they can't just skip it and move to C2077 so they're keeping quiet about it until they can squeeze Gwent for some shekels. This is normal practice.

Gwent is F2P and nobody has to buy the or invest in either of these games.

Who knows.

The real travesty is this, though.

It's required if you want to play Dying Light online, with no direct-IP or custom servers available, and it doesn't connect with steam users. Same for Dragon's Dogma.

You can't just download it as an offline game/save manager with optional online for friends list etc. You have to get the whole proprietary package.

This is one thing Valve is actually doing better. Dying Light has no linux version on gog but it does on steam. There's actually tons of games with Linux versions that aren't available on gog for no reason. gog.com/mix/games_that_have_native_linux_portselsewhere
gog.com/mix/games_that_treat_gog_customers_as_second_class_citizens

Galaxy doesn't have linux support and will probably never get a command-line interface, forever being the bloated POS it is. You'll never just be able to type galaxy install Terraria to install a gog game or update etc.

Similarly even CDPR's titles don't support linux anymore. TW3 & Gwent have none even though both are on consoles.

This is a strange one. We're not sure why they're being this gay. Maybe being DRM free is as far as their semetic noses will allow them to stray from the shekels. Either way this is easily one of the worst things they've pulled and who knows how advanced modding would've been by now. Lord knows TW3 is pretty fucking shit without modding.

What this user said.
I'm guessing the truth is in the middle. Considering how fucking shit everyone else is being ok is above average.
I had tons of fun with W3 and think weakest story wise is the main quest and the combat by itself isnt bad BUT HOLY FUCKING DOES THE MOVEMENT THAT TIES INTO IT IS CONSOLE/CONTROLLER DOGSHIT
Hope the kurwas learn for Cyberpunk 2077.

See this is a good example of the kind of bait that infests Witcher threads.

Witcher 3's main quest starts out good but really crashes after Kaer Morhen. Side quests and expansions are fantastic though. I say this every thread and I won't stop saying it; if/when they return to Witcher, the game should just consist of five expansions size chapters set in different areas of the world. Their best stuff is the side content and expansions.

Well I agree the Bloody Baron quest was pretty good, Novigrad was a fucking slog and you had to deal with worse girl, Skellegie was kinda empty with boring ass GoT meme-ary. At least they always had some amusing fuckary like pic-related.

don't fucking start

Skellige was super comfy imo, I love snow/winter environments, so exploring it with that comfy music playing in the background was great. Never saw the GoT shit because I don't care about it and never read a single book or watched a single episode, so that might explain that.

stopped reading there
>>>/reddit/

You must be one of those cuckchanners who thinks W3 is a SJW game.

she is ugly and unpleasant

nice job confirming your Reddit status, now its time to stop posting.

The physical version had DRM because Bandai Namco published it. The version on GOG never had DRM included. When CDPR removed the copy-protection from the physical versions Bandai Namco fucking sued CDPR over it, even though it was proven to make the game run worse.

It's extremely obvious that a console port was their intention from the start. Gameplay and UI designed for a controller and small areas with a bunch of loading screens, for example. The game also ran like absolute shit on PC despite having no good reason to do it. Sure, it looked good at the highest settings, but it both looked and ran worse than other games on medium or lower settings. Good graphics shouldn't be an excuse to ignore optimization.

Came to post this.

Absolutelly disgusting

Everything that happened after Witcher 1.
Or witcher 2 if you don't give a shit about console parity

Yet they implememted online DRM into shitter 3 on the gog version.

Going multiplat is good.
But graaaaaaphics
Yeah this is shit
Also no release date. Whatever.
Everyone I know loves gwent and was begging for this
To be determined

play gwent or your mom will suck dwarf cock

sure thing leftypol

Except it didn't go to any platforms that matter. No Android, Linux, iOS or OSX. Instead we get kuncle dragging PissStation4+ subscribers and EggBoxOne.

Fuck I'd appreciate PS3 support before PS4. Give me one good fucking reason why it wouldn't run on 7th gen consoles, either. Or handhelds.

I'd rather have the most normalfag dudebros you can find than an Apple hipster.

Well here's a few things:

The last one was by far the scummiest practice. There was a huge outrage here back in May 2015 which now seems to have been successfully memory-holed, so that should tell you how many newfags are around.

They're scummy, sure, but they're a company so that's to be expected. I think most people gave them a pass because W3 wasn't a bad game.

Also

CD Projekt isn't quite as bad as the competition, but that's really not setting the bar very high.

Shit that CD Projekt gets hated on:
>Lying to consumers about the DRM or the downgrade when the evidence is fucking obvious.

I bought TW1 and TW2, but I skipped out on buying TW3 after the bullshit they pulled on that one.

Yeah it's pretty true they argued that going multiplat totally wouldn't hurt the game until they downgraded the shit out of the PC version because the consoles weren't as powerful as they thought they were. So TW3 got consolized and the devs had the nerve to lie and pretend there was no downgrade and ban people for pointing out the obvious. Where the fuck they get the balls to be that dishonest to their consumers and then expect them to be trusted afterwards I do not know.

I never liked CD Projekt Red. The Witcher games where never very good and GoG just sells very expensive abandonware. The only thing they where good for was DRM free which made piracy easier. Now that their are not good public trackers then nobody give a fuck about them anymore.

A lot of people have no choice but to use them because of their work and because applefags move to the next product as often as they have their periods, there's always cheap 2nd hand apple shit being traded and sold that's not even that bad. Also hackintosh.

What do you mean by this?
I pirated and finished the GOTY edition without any cracks.

They make mass effect with melee combat and have the audacity to call it an rpg.

Age of Wonders 3 GOG edition actually had full-blown DRM right on launch, since you had to connect through Triumph servers just to run the game or save shit iirc. Customers flipped their shit at that and GOG made Triumph fix that shit, except they kept the DRM layer on for everything multiplayer related. Even "LAN" and "PBEM" (Play by e-mail) modes require you to go through online Triumph servers for no reason other than serving as a DRM bottleneck and GOG sees no problem with this "use DRM or you get no multiplayer" crippleware design.

Anyway, you can't trust GOG's games to be DRM free. Tbh, you can't really trust CD Projekt to be honest in general. GOG itself faked a shutdown before the site launched as a marketing gag, and it's not like they were very honest about TW3 and shit either. So people are just very cautious about accepting bullshit and promises from CD Projekt these days. You've been warned.

What a waste of trips

Holla Forums hates everything, make up your own opinions and stop being a sheep

If you needed public trackers to pirate you're not a very good pirate. Then again I don't really pirate these days because I already have the old games I like and the new games are mostly shit except for a handful I'd rather support and buy.

IIRC it had temporary DRM on launch.

Woops, meant to reply to

gog.com/mix/gog_games_with_serial_numbers

Physical edition needed to connect to GOG servers to finish downloading the rest of the game, even though it was a small download it was there to verify purchases with valid 'keys' in a way.

That's about it. If you bought it on gog.com it worked fine AFAIK. At least it did for me.

Did you get lost on your way from 4chan kid? Maybe you should go back.

Decent list. I don't mind asking serials for online perks or shit, but I do mind when the serial is the only way you can get the game to be fully playable because some jackass thought it would be cool to try to get away with DRM-walling the multiplayer and leave the customer without any alternative.

You're as sharp as your jawline.

>will not sell the "im not important" game because REASONS, some say because they are both slavs, but nobody knows why
There, I gave you a start, there is an user that hates them with a passion and will give pics about it.
I liked the witcher games, they werent great, but they hold a special place, I was going to preorder the edition with that statue, but didnt have the shekels, so I waited, thank god I read about the drama and manage to dodge that bullet, havent even pirated the game, because it didnt offered anything, so I just continued playing my backlog of vidya.
GOG is a lesser evil compared to steam, humble bundle and that other site that sell stolen cd keys.
I guess people can hold their integrity for long when they get money.

This post tbqh. Everything else appears very nitpicky to me, not even in comparison to other, shittier companies, but by itself very nitpicky.

This post, actually.

Huh, it's been a while. There you have it I guess. Still a very bullshit move because it means those physical copies are unplayable without an internet connection so when you buy a game you don't actually get the full copy, which really ruins the point of getting a physical copy.

Yeah same. TW3 bullshit is the reason why I never bought or played it. The loss of faith in CD Projekt is real.

That jaw is un fucking hinged

Considering the recent games, the slavs are definetly not to be held behind the crosshair of Holla Forums

Sadly this was also present in Witcher 2, because no matter who you chose to romance with, Triss or Shani, in 2 Geralt is in bed with Triss, of course even after the fact that in 1 Geralt could have said that he really loved Shani and wanted to start a family with her, but i guess that doesn't matter. Reminds me of Dragon Age Cisquisition that ignored the fact that the player might have killed Leliana, because "lol she didn't actually die, even if you chopped her head off".

Almost like Linux is a shitty meme nobody uses, or something.

CD Projekt Red has done some stupid things themselves but if you were here in 2015 then you would remember the sabotage taking place. There were obvious shills being paid to shill against Witcher 3 and over-exaggerating its flaws and even its promises. That speaks volumes for how things are today where competing publishers will buy negative press for competing games including forum posters.

It goes without saying that Mark and his team handled that debacle poorly.

I really like the evidence you brought around with that bullshit claim, it makes it even less believable.

I'm sorry I don't carry my Proof of Negative Shilling on Witcher 3 folder everywhere I go almost 3 years after it came out.

Sure lad, sure.

Is it? Still never seen a source on this pic.

fixing 404

Guess this one

In the last months a bunch of people from reddit and cuckchan got kicked out of their respective nests and came here seeking refuge, in trying to fit in they hate everything and every single is shit.
So it appears that everyone here hates almost anything, but it's actually just a bunch of faggots trying too hard to fit in.

They got popular. That about sums it up.

what gave it away?

If you wanted to buy the game at launch without DRM you could. Just the version that was sold by their publisher had DRM in the beginning which they then quickly patched out.
So that's only something you bring up when you're looking for an excuse to shit on them.

Witcher 3 got consolized out the ass with downgrades to the potion system, a shitty open world, and bland combat. It really wasn't that great of a game, sure it wasn't bad, but it's highly overrated and really suffers from a bad case of Skyrim wannabe

There is this strange believe that you have to be supportive of pirating if you are against DRM. Could somebody explain to me why people make that connection?

They almost went bankrupt over the Witcher1 port. Should they have went out of business instead?

Yeah, that one was shitty. But most people didn't complain too much because the game still looked very good.

Yeah, and then you kill their prince, their general, their entire military unit and sink their ship. And Zerrikanians weren't something they just pulled out of their hat, there is even one of those in TW1.
Pretty sure they came with HoS.

They never made a big deal out of continuity between the games either.

That's the actual reason for constant shitting on them here.
We need to drive hipsters away somehow.

I like them and all three witcher games
Haters will hate but you can form your own opinion

basically

you don't know anything about developing for either of those systems
yeah, who gives a fuck about Apple.
I can agree with this.

what the fuck are you even talking about. Do you think any of those users aren't knuckle dragging retards?

thanks for confirming you are retarded. buy a fucking laptop and get over it.

that means literaly nothing.

go fuck yourself, gwent is great.

How do I get Inputmapper working properly with Witcher 3?