How to Run a Business

On Amazon you STILL have to pay a scalper $420 to get the MSRP $300 Ninty Switch. Is this how you run a business? Make it so your customers can't buy your fucking game console? Are they trying to lower supply to raise my demand? What more fucking demand do you need than me wanting to buy the fucking console? What was the point of your fucking E3 presentation if I can't buy the fucking console after you just persuaded me to do so? How retarded are you? Your competitors also did an E3 presentation, and they might've had some persuasive power too. Their console's readily available, and at a similar price. Congratulations, Nintendo. Genius business skills. I thought it was time for you to stop being fucking retards? Guess not.

Or you could just wait for the inevitable holiday bundles.

This

Or you could wait 2 years until the Switch has games

Most consoles made after 2007 still don't have enough games to justify buying their console, what makes you think two years is enough for the switch?

Ring up physical stores and get it on layby you retard.

Americucks are hilarious. You keep shitting on Nintendo for fucking up distribution when it's 100% only happening in NA. Either NA are Jewing you or the stores are in collusion, and both are as likely as each other.

NoA are Jewing you, rather.

Last time I walked into Best Buy a few days ago, they had a few on the shelves for $299.

Business student here.

Nintendo is losing out on money which they could easily be making by producing more Nintendo Switches. The supply is not matching the demand. It is a very clear error, and they are losing substantial amounts of money because of it. The best thing for you to do in retaliation is buy a competing console, which would double your blow of not only NOT spending money on Nintendo, but BOOSTING a competitor by spending money on them.

That seems to be the ideal solution considering your clear anger and need for retribution.

I walked into a store the other day and bought one. You do know that physical stores still exist, right? Call around, see who has them, and go buy one if you want one.

What the fuck convinced you to buy a Switch? are you retarded or a girl?

Nintendo will never meet demand, just as we've seen with every single thing they've done since the Amiboos.

Perhaps that's easy in the midle of no-where, but when Nintendo is setting the exact same stock for every single store and you live in a somewhat populated area, it's very difficult to get new consoles.

Trick question, no console is worth buying.

This.

Why is it that I have to explain why the Artificial Scarcity meme makes literally 0 business sense every week?

Try telling that to Chinktendo's higher ups.

This.

Retarded niggerfaggot, business men ESPECIALLY know scalpers are a fucking drain on a system's success.

That's exactly what I said. How do YOU not fucking get that? My point was that they won't get you.

couple of things:
1) the console is, as is pretty much all technology, a product with depreciating value
2) the people who buy on day 1 have more money than sense
3) the number of people who buy day 1 is significantly smaller than those who wait
As it stands, the scalper is poised to make the most money if they can take in as much hot product as possible and gate it off with a higher price. This should be obvious, this is how scalping works. The bigger issue here is that Amazon is not only a retailer, but a general platform for transactions between independent buyers and sellers. In short, Amazon's hands are sort of tied in this instance; although I'm sure that there's a limit on the number of consoles any individual can purchase, it is possible for one individual to have multiple accounts, and therefore multiple identities, with which they can happily buy in bulk. So, Amazon isn't going to stop you from buying them out, and why should they? They're getting their money's worth. They're also not going to go out of their way to moderate dealings between two individuals. I mean, I'm sure they have a terms of use policy and some customer support, but they're not going to play babysitter and tell people, "hey, this product you're buying from that guy is being sold at an inflated price, maybe you should wait!"

It's shit, but what can you do? Blame the whales, because scalpers wouldn't exist without them.

Are you trying to say it should somehow be the responsibility of the business to combat scalpers?

Last time I checked this was very disallowed and multi-accounting
(specially for selling) would get you banned fast. But this is Amazon we're talking about, I wouldn't pull it past them to relax these restrictions to ((select)) accounts.

No! How did you get that!?
Am I being trolled?

Only if you have supply issues like Nintendo.

Is this really that hard for you to understand?

And, may I just say for the record, this is why despite discontinuing support for the Wii U Nintendo still produces games and hardware for the 3DS an even older system, because it's fiscally unfeasible to be fully invested in the more expensive to produce hardware in the nintendo switch AND to have severely reduced software sales.

Maybe that's true, but there are probably loopholes. I mean, it's easy to start an Amazon account, and it's just as easy to open a new bank account somewhere, deposit the funds you need to make your single purchase, complete the transaction, and then delete the Amazon account associated with the bank account. There are millions of Amazon accounts in existence, it's likely that this sort of practice could fly under the radar, though I admit that I don't know how effective such a practice would be for the average scalper. It's also possible for scalpers to pool their resources, i.e. get a number of individuals together, who each have a legitimate account with good standing, who will then buy as many units of product as they can, and then later on sell them under a singular online distributor's name. It's also possible that some people get their goods from other outlets, like Newegg, and sell them on Amazon. Some distributors probably sell stolen products as well, I mean, it's not like Amazon is going to know if someone managed to steal a bunch of consoles before they were stocked and marked with a serial number or special ink or what have you.

the stores are definitely in on the scalping. actually had someone at a store recommend i buy one off of amazon, remarking on how "cheap" they are

Go to the bestbuy page for switch and keep refreshing the page until it says in stock. In less than five minutes you should be able to put it in your cart and check out.

You guys are missing the point. How we run a business?

I already explained that.

Denver, Colorado.

Did you completely ignore the news that some parts for the switch are currently in very short supply this year?

Why you aren't one of the higher ups in Nintendo now is beyond me

Economics major here, this guy's mostly right.
However, "I'm going to buy something else just to spite you" is a waste. If you want a Switch, spending your money on an xbone just leaves you with a console you didn't want. So they sell more Switches, but you wasted your money in "retaliation".
Just save your money. Or go invest it. Refusing to buy goods is all that you need to do. Perhaps contact Nintendo and tell that you're considering or planning to do what business user here said, but don't actually do it unless you also want some other console.

Nothing to do with economics, just not being stupid with your money.

Then again, this is a world where people will pay $15K for an imaginary hat.

Welcome to the Luxury industry, babe.

I thought I was.your babe

Whar is it with this scalping meme I've been seeing more often recently?

It's been around since the start.
It's always NoA and every other region has plenty of stock, despite it selling just as well as NA.
I know for a fact that on the first fortnight I found stores in London, Sydney, Tokyo and Berlin that had heaps of units on the shelves despite queues of people buying them at the registers.

Just wait another 6 months and get it at Christmas when they restock with huge amounts. There's 2 dozen or more games out around then, so you can get a bigger selection without only having a BotW machine like what happened with the PS4 for years.

supply can't effect demand.
Though I do wonder if the switch's initial success is going to make M$ and sony follow suit with something similar.

Y

That's the trapping of MSRP. If Nintendo keeps lowballing on prices, supply exceeds demand. Their products end up being rationed off on a first come first serve basis, and scalpers get the opportunity to take over allocation based on the demands of individuals. Attacking scalpers would be pointless and probably counter-productive.

However you look at it, it's bad business to consistently undersupply. I'd insist that there is some psychological trick we're not privy to, like they always strive to anchor themselves as the "cheap" console, but their bungling of the NES Classic tells me they really are clueless. Nobody in their right mind would stop producing a product before they can even produce enough to supply all the diehard, day one buyers. Did they sell all their warehouses to cut expenses? Are they full of Wii U's? I don't get it.

with hardware fixes included …