So how did everyone like the new Amiibo announced at E3 this year

So how did everyone like the new Amiibo announced at E3 this year.

inb4 dubsbomb

wut

Very good to pirate the files

How are those, anyway?
Is there a cheap NFC chip reader/writer I can get or is amiiqo the only real go-to?

Surprisingly swell. Cheaper than Amiiqo, that's for sure.

If you don't think pimp Bowser is the tightest shit get out of my face

haa anibos who cares

I do.

I own every single Amiibo to ever come out in the US. That's 119 Amiibo so far.

There's easily over $2,500 sitting on my table right now.

AND I preordered every single Amiibo announced at E3.

So yeah, I love Amiibos.

Yes ROBfag you're cancer. we get it

Wait, a true non other m varia suit amiibo? Gives me hope that prime 4 may actually be well designed, and hopefully amibo ahit will be miniscule shit like doodads in the ship like 3.

After seeing all these amiibo pictures together, I didn't realize Nintendo announced so many. The Samus and the "squishy" Metroid look like they are worth buying.
Surprised at the lack of an Anna amiibo for FE:W though. Tiki has been in multiple games, but why Chrom as an amiibo?

It's like looking at the closest thing to the real life version of that Smash Bros trophies "Collection/Hoard" viewer of having them all displayed on a table. Now you just need it in triangle and circle variations.

What has and hasn't been hot glued?

ill probably end up getting all the metroid ones, considering they will unlock something.

also pre-ordered my collectors edition Samus Returns

You do realize that Amiibo was designed for the Metroid II remake and not Prime 4, right?

It's supposed to be an homage to the cover art.

I'm still trying to find the strength to dust them off and put them back in order. Not fucking fun.

A lady never asks and a gentlnone.

I want to hotglue those zeldos

Truly these people are worse than Griffith

Close aimbos

unless you bought 2 of each, but yeah people who only have one OOB (Out Of Box) its cringe worthy

Literally worse than scalpers

its not even that, I like to have one In box on display for collecting purposes. these shits are hard to come by now, especially since they are title specific dlc sometimes

Amebos are not good.

The Metroid one is the only amiibo I've ever been interested in aside for the chibi-robo one. Is it gonna be sold separately or do you have to buy it bundled with that samus one?

I just checked their site and its a $29.99 bundle like the smash one.

There are two types of fools in this game:

The first fool is the one who buys video game products and treats them like stock that can be bought and sold at varying prices.

Then there's the second fool who, God forbid, buys a video game product and doesn't use it as it was meant to be intended.

Surely these people are worse than Albanians.

fuck

Please don't brag about how much DLC you own.

It's so pathetic it makes me feel sorry for you. And I don't want to feel pity for someone I hate so much.

yeah my thoughts exactly since i only wanted samus

I'm happy for you and your hobby ROB but jesus tap dancing christ. I hope the money you are putting in is worth the satisfaction of having them all.
Get a nice display case, you pleb.

I like the Goron one.
I'm only buying it if it ends up in the bargain bin though. Because I cannot excuse paying 9.99-12.99 for an NFC figure

Guaranteed going to try and get their BIN files and use that amiibo app some fag in Scotland made though.

I don't need a damn thing from you.

I plan on putting shelves on the walls in August to display these and other artifacts from my collection that is just currently sitting entombed and unsorted in my closet. Why August? As it turns out, August is the month with the least Nintendo shit coming out, and July is going to be fucking insane with Splatoon 2, the fucking controller, Hey! Pikmin, 10 different Amiibos, and did I forget to mention the New Nintendo 2DS XL coming out that I'll have to sink $150 on? Thank God I can get shit sales tax free.

No

I may get all the Mario ones and the Urbosa and Goron one.

Nobody's ever going to take you seriously if you continue to insist people are paying for DLC and not the figurine, user

I never really got this, I only ever used my Amiibo on Breath of the Wild, but I never brought a single one for Breath of the Wild, I just brought the ones I liked the look of, or characters that I liked, Still waiting for Donkey Kong editions of DK, DD, DX and CK.

Nice. How could they let this go into production?

I don't really care. Only amiibo I've ever gotten came free with twilight princess and they looks pretty mediocre
I went to a con with a guy that spent almost $200 on amiibos while there though

The squishy metroid looked bretty good.
Can't believe there are retards that either think you buy these for the DLC or only see them as DLC thus refusing to buy them.

By paying for amiibos you are supporting the practice of locking game content behind physical unlock keys. It doesn't matter what sort of retarded mental gymnastics you use to try to justify it; it's objectively stupid and hurts you and other consumers.

Best goy award goes to you.

I'm imagining a whole programmer army at Nintendo slaving away to make every title Goomba-compatible. Every game gets a super-hard Goomba mode. In Mario Kart Goomba steers with the mouth, when you get an item, you have it in your mouth and can't steer.

Well, Amiiboo stuff is what the thread title implies, so what do you expect.

I think Nintendo could sell way more of that stuff if they weren't so big. If Amiibo existed as small keychain thingies I would likely get one, even without having a corresponding game.

Oh no, those poor consumers, being forced to buy physical over digital, how will we ever move past this horrific jewish practice

1. Slippery slope fallacy, look it up.

2. The game content is not substantial and is not required to enjoy a title. They amount to nothing more as bonuses that are included with the purchase of your figurine. Nintendo hasn't done anything as nefarious as to hide a "true ending" or a whole chapter from a game with an Amiibo.

3. You can literally take your argument and apply it to anything to video games and it would be technically true. It ultimately boils down to "By spending money on any video game, you support at least one practice which is bad because I say so, and I'll describe the action as 'objectively bad' to make it look like I'm unarguably right and that my thoughts are anything more than just mere opinions."

The Shovel Knight amiibo locks co-op behind a figurine.

Pray tell, can you access co-op on any other version of the game for another console?

No?

Is co-op so essential that having it available is required to complete or otherwise fully enjoy a game?

No?

Then it's an added bonus on top of your purchase of a figurine like I described.

I can see how a person could argue how predatory and exploitative it would be if Nintendo forced or strong-armed people to buy Amiibos in order to gain a full and complete experience, but I've yet to see an example of that.

We're being raided, right?
Cuckchan or plebbit must be down, right?

Is co-op, an entirely new gamemode for Shovel Knight, not substantial enough for you?
If PC counts, yes. See pic related.

Pathetic.

What a faggot, holy shit.

No that was changed.

Really? That's better but it was still a dick move by Yacht Club and Nintendo.

As much as I want to be impressed, you're just further encouraging Nintendo to make even more paywalls that require different types of Amiibo. This is the closest equivalent to someone buying all of the "Limited" editions from Non-Nintendo products.
Whatever makes you happy I guess.
I can just download amiibo files without giving Nintendo a god damn cent.

Though, that's not going to stop you from buying these pieces of Chinese plastic. Which will also have people who don't know how to do the methods I listed earlier or unable to afford said pieces of plastic, at a huge disadvantage.
I'm not even mad at this point, just disappointed.
I do see myself as above the influence for not falling for such a scam.

I don't know where I began to go a different route than most Nintendo fans, but it seems I sort of escaped from that fanboyism bubble. It gets tiring after a while, and it's just not the same anymore. It seems there are still people that love them to death, maybe because of nostalgia, or they became fans during their later years. Who knows.

But then you don't get the figures, which are 99% of the reason for their existance
Nobody buys amiibos to unlock dumb unfitting costumes and shit in games

So? The industry is already accustomed to purchasing additional digital content. If a person is going to pay $15 for digital content, why not get a collectible figure so at least there's something physical associated with my purchase.

If there are people who think that purchasing DLC is still a fad that they're hoping that will go away, that ship sailed ten years ago.

If this is to be the industry standard now, then I'm more inclined to put my faith and investment in the companies that deliver digital content in an ethical, unique, and satisfying matter. Seeing as Nintendo has been doing this with Splatoon's free DLC throughout all of 2015 and other free offerings throughout other games, and offering something physical that can offer digital bonuses, I'm inclined to go with them over a company that's puts up a store on the main menu of their game and proceeds to sell $300 worth of cosmetic digital content from the get-go. To me, that's just common sense.

Then that's fucking retarded, I could just buy plushies, toys and better quality figurines for that price range. I don't want to buy something that I'll just throw behind a glass frame and act like it's the tightest shit ever. If I'm going to collect figures, I might as well actually get something that's meant to be in display, rather than some half assed mold that I won't give a second look, and when people ask me about it, I go "Yeeeeehhh".

One man's trash is another man's treasure I always say. So buy away, piglet. "Praise Nintendo" or whatever the hell you people say.

Then we can remove every part of a game since all content is not substantial. It seems to work with Metroid Prime 4.

It's the little touches that make a game go from good to great. It makes the games lesser if you just keep cutting out content and making the extra stuff not more than what you payed for.

locking off characters, levels, and game modes is nefarious in my book
How about I don't wait until it gets that bad and Nintendo doesn't stop doing it to complain about it.

His argumetns pop up because corporate dick suckers like you seem to keep defending practices like this that will only make it worse for everyone else and will only hurt us in the long run. Other topics regarding videogame practices don't get these talking points because they probably aren't on a topic that is as shit as amiibo

It is bad because this isn't even a better distribution method from other shit DLC and it just disk locks content for average consumers. It is objectively bad for everyone all around.

His opinions are based on facts and past patterns of the videogame industry that you seem to ignore. Stop sucking corporate dick and kill yourself

Then why aren't they making them available to download on the nintendo shops or not having them fucking disc locked

Good fucking luck. Decent plushies, toys, and figurines generally go from the $25-75+ range. For $13.99, you get something decent that also unlocks shit with your game.

And if you're not the type of person who would collect these sort of things like you just described, then why do you post in threads about things that you have no supposed interest in? Are you desperate for validation or something?

Stopped reading right there.

Aren't you basically spending hundreds of dollars on figurines that unlock on-disk DLC (cosmetic and non-cosmetic)? How's that any different from what you just said? Aside from the fact that you get some mcdonald's tier toys as well.

Just because most of an industry participates in shitty practices, it doesn't make them not shite, or else a lot of crap would be fine by your logic.

You're entire post is just telling me you're picking the lesser evil, it's okay for some reason, then patting yourself in the back just for doing so. Personally, there's no use arguing with you because you're not the one who actually makes the call for their decisions. Whether /you/ buy it or not won't change anything, so you just put your hands up in defeat and became yet another consumer in the wave of shit. I can convince a thousand people to stop buying these things and still nothing will change.
You didn't have a choice. Well, you did, but you keep further adding little turd droplets to the pile because those lil' figures just make you feel soooo goooooood. Enjoy what you enjoy I suppose. It is YOUR money after all.
I'm personally abstaining from all of this, if I have to wait until piracy again, then so be it.

As I said before, my purchase is as good as yours. Until this numbers get as high as the millions (for either piracy, or purchases), then it'll become a problem, depending on what either of us think, seeing how we have a different mindsets.
We really can't convince each other. So I'll let you have this.

tbh If you buy an amiibo cause you like their looks, then so be it. Y'know the DLC in that case is just an added bonus.

Buying the Amiibos because you want DLC is where the real idiocy lies

You've been called out by countless people for this stupidity.
This is a promotional product, it doesn't reflect on the final one. If it did, oh boy, it would be MUCH more expensive. You get what you pay for, there are some amiibos that are limited in themselves, and with good quality too, but those are about 200$+ bucks a pop, which invalidates your "14$ can get you great quality" meme. What you are buying is the equivalent of a glorified happy meal toy (that doesn't move) with an NFC connection slapped on it.

You just invalidated everything you've said and could have said. As I keep saying, whatever makes you happy dude, just don't pull shit out of your ass.

Final thing
No. Look at where we are, if I wanted validation I'd piss off elsewhere. I slapped some sense into people, but some people don't like sense. They want to be comfy conformists. Besides, I'm not the one burning my dough for cheap non-toys and admiring others who did the same.

Okay, then.

That picture is inaccurate. There's supposed to be a nip slip. Mansfield's tit is popping out during the photo.

My problem with amiibo is that they haven't done anything more than statues for it. I remember reading that before Starfox Zero released that Miyamoto and the rest of the production team were looking into making an Arwing amiibo, but they wanted it to fully transform like in the game. This never came about but there need to be more amiibo with gimmicks. Like ARMS amiibo with bendable arms would be neat.

to go out and manufacture all that detail without any errors would drive the cost of that specific amiibo up, making it more expensive than the rest.
if you want a toy with panty shots, go order one on playasia or something you fucking weirdo

I try to limit myself.
I own all Animal Crossing ones as I bought practically all of them for only $5 each from my local place.
I try to get all Zelda ones.
Missing both Wind Waker links and "Toon Zelda".
For BotW I don't have Zelda, Bokoblin or the Guardian.
None of the places in my area have ever restocked since any of them have come out.
3 new Zelda ones come out next friday which is code for they are never going to touch a store shelf and scalpers will sell them for a 400% profit a week later.

Well, the Guardian Amiibo has bendable arms. That's a start.

And they have done more than statues for Amiibos. Remember the cards?

Here's a quote from Miyamoto on what happened to the transforming Arwing to Walker amiibo.

We were working on a couple of ideas for the game for well over a year. There was one point where we had an Arwing Amiibo that would transform into the walker. But it was really tough to execute that in the normal Amiibo size and in a way that met with product-safety standards. We had to give up on it. For now, it’s only going to work with Fox and Falco from the Super Smash Bros. series. At some point, if we don’t have to do it at Amiibo size, it might be nice to have that Arwing that can transform into a walker.

i was hoping there would be some kind of saturday night fever checkem posing amiibo, but this will do