There are people who play casual/shallow games like Overwatch in "competitive" mode

Why?

Why haven't you killed yourself?

Because you make threads like these for questions you already have thought of an answer to because you live to make shit threads.

I worry I'll fuck up and end up worse and without the ability to finish the job.

What's this anger about? I like casual games like Mario kart but I don't play them competitively.

Why haven't you killed yourself?

Cause they can

Why? Doesn't that just ruin it. It's like playing competitive Uno. That takes away the fun.

You know you're right, dying successfully is actually a lot harder than most people think.

Quit playing dumb, you intellectually dishonest faggot.

Are you actually mad that someone is calling OW casual on Holla Forums?

Because it's fun you dumb faggot

I don't know, but I enforce my worldview on those people by fucking around in competitive matches and constantly saying "it's just a game, relax"

I believe it.

No, I'm mad you make shit threads about questions you already have formulated an answer to. You just want people to validate you.

That's why you shouldn't play it in competitive, that ruins the fun since it just adds autism

There are people on this very board who shill for Overcuck for free.

Because for games like Overwatch it's the only playlist in which people will actually play the objective.

That's just your opinion, though.

all that means nine times out of 10 is that it's the same set-list as quickplay/playermatch/casual/etc. except you're more likely to face hackers or have some child screaming in mic because he wants to be diamond at something

Because commercials tell them to.

A lot of butthurt overwatch fags in this thread.

This is a pretty good explanation.

Just because the game is casual doesn't mean you'll ever reach the top tier level of gameplay.

Wow you suck.

Specifically for Overwatch it's because the alternative modes are full of people so spectacularly fucking stupid it puts even the retards in the competitive mode to shame. You'll also never see anything resembling a reasonable team composition or people attempting to really play the game, quickplay is the realm of shitters with 93 hours as snipers and 20 on the next highest who can't hit stationary targets from five feet away and think the payload will give them real life herpes if they get within view of it. It's not uncommon to see teams with two of these snipers and three of some other equally useless characters all locked in by the time you finish loading and none of them are going to change at any point regardless of how they're performing, all while spamming the "I need a heal" button and complaining that nobody else will switch.

Competitive gets some of the above but the concentration is far far lower, and while you do get different problems like assholes who take shit way too seriously and rage at people and having to stick to a pretty rigid and repetitive meta it's still more manageable and enjoyable than the quickplay retards. It's less of a division between "competitive" and "casual" than a division between "actually playing" and "functionally a vegetable".

muh esports

You are clearly an Overcuck to get offended so easily.

I sure do love having half the content taken away from me so I can jerk off to how good I am at babies first shooter

So? If I wanted to climb something I would rather try climbing a mountain than spend weeks walking up a small hill.

It is bullshit when OP already has an answer for himself, you dumb unintelligent cunt.

Its also an opinion that mass effect 3 is shit but that doesn't stop it from being true.

What's the answer? I am not OP and I don't understand why you would ruin a game clearly made to be played casually with meta bullshit.

The answer is whatever thought OP already had in their little faggot mind, you dumb cunt. OP made the thread to feel validated when people agree with him or think the same as him. And now you're doing the same.

You are one mad Overdrone. Instead of getting butthurt why not actually answer the question?

I can't believe people do things that I dislike

I don't get it, what does the picture mean?

Bump because this is the most related thread and I don't want to create a new thread for this. I decided to download Paladins and check out this genre. Does this game not have crouching? Also I think it doesn't have ammo pickups etc either. Is this the same for Overwatch? It feels shallow as fuck, why is this genre so popular? TF2 wasn't like this

Loss newfag. Loss.

FTFY
But to answer your question, it's because games like Overwatch are marketed as E-Sports. It doesn't even have to be hard, it just needs to support an tournament and be flashy and colorful enough to draw people in. Outside of that, you have people who see being good at games as some sort of grand achievement, when nine times out of ten, it just ends up being a waste of time.

I like this thread.

No ammo pick ups in Overwatch.
Because it takes things from mobas and combines them with shooters, the 2 most popular genres.