I've played some of the THPS games, Jet Set Radio, SSX and the like...

I've played some of the THPS games, Jet Set Radio, SSX and the like. Could any of you recommend to me any other good skatan/extreme sports games I might not be aware of?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R3JYoCWYbJk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Infinite Air
Steep
Skate

I've watched footage of the Skate games, seems right up my alley. Which one is the best out of the three?

Skate 2

and Skate 3

I play a lot of this mod, it has a handful of levels from all the THPS games running on the THUG2 engine.

speaking of, someone is streaming themselves working on a level for thugpro atm granted the stream is in piss quality
youtube.com/watch?v=R3JYoCWYbJk

is that supposed to be the 2X version of Mexico?

it is
It's not a official dev/thugpro conversion though. It's just some one else that is working on it in their free time.

Soon we'll be able to go fast, as well

olliolli's bretty gud

Is this game some kind of meme?

Disney Skate Adventure.

This guy knows what's up.

smash mouth is the cherry on top of the cake

Is 1 million points decent for a high-score run or do I need to get good?

Literally THPS4 (same engine) with different levels and characters+optional easy mode. Only real problem is lack of any kind of ending (there's literally nothing given for accomplishing all goals.) and some of the levels have too much empty space.

No fucking idea why they chose Lion King for the third property. Tarzan's movement in the movie was based on skateboarding, and Toy Story featured lots of sliding (plus it gave a good excuse for rat levels). Lion King's levels and characters were the worst of the 3 too. Should have done Aladdin instead

Nigs

I still have my N64 cart

It depends on who you're trying to impress, most players don't care much for scores anyway. "Prov" players have always outnumbered everyone else.
I'm a THPS fanatic; I've always been drawn to these games because of how creative I can be when playing them. There's a ton of tech to learn and a huge focus on legacy skill in the community. Since playercounts are so small, you need to go on an actual hunt to find out something new, most of the time you get lead to THPS videos from Youtube's infancy with a handful of views.
Similarly to how fighting games operated before the Internet, THPS has gone so underground that you could potentially discover something that no one has ever seen or done before, and if you choose to keep this knowledge to yourself, it could be lost forever.

Prov?

I miss videogames

I assume it's stuff like this? Lot of tech and physics exploits going on here

Improv skating really blew up because players were tired of watching consistent opponents do the same lines over and over. This sort of campy play is great for record setting solo, but isn't very fun when an entire lobby is left spectating.
While prov players still use Trick Attack to play
"against" each other, the better gamemode for a competitive player is Graffiti. In this mode, you tag items in the level by tricking off of them, the larger your combo when you interacted with an object, the harder it is to be stolen by another player. Instead of learning one safe line and only executing that, Graffiti rounds come down to who has more in depth knowledge of the ENTIRE level.
Below is an extreme example, but can see my point: This is safe line, every move is calculated and precise; Even when the skater fucks up near the end and is forced to improvise, he still hasn't touched 75% of the level. If you had a bad round and stopped just after the time limit, a "better" player could make you watch him do this line for minutes.

Nostalgia goggles, or does this shit hold up? Remember it being really fun

i had a sex dream about crystal boarder once

Eat my shit faggot

Aight, so it means it's just improvised runs?

I still can't wrap my head around these exploits I keep seeing in these vids, and I just can't seem to find any tutorials for them either. How the fuck do you learn this stuff?