You think I should even bother to have hope that the pokemon game they're making for the Switch is gonna be any close...

You think I should even bother to have hope that the pokemon game they're making for the Switch is gonna be any close to Pokemon Colosseum or XD or should I just assume straight away that it's going to be as bad as all the last Pokemon games?

Its going to be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for switch.

That would be even more disappointing than an actual bad pokemon game

Define "bad pokemon game". They all the same since red.

It'll be a marginal improvement over the 3DS games. We aren't getting the full fledged modern console Pokemon game unless Nintendo gives it to someone other than Gamefreak.

I'm not going down that rabbit hole again

That would fucking be better than what we're going to get I'm sure

Where the fuck is my pokemon hunting game?

Damn, it would be an awesome game.

What is wrong with P:MD

I actually really like the first, but it did pretty much everything I want, which makes all the sequels very disappointing.
Especially since all the sequels didn't even come close to topping the first.

On Newgrounds. In 1999.

They said it's a Pokemon RPG in 2018, and they wouldn't release Gen 8 so soon after Gen 7.
It's either a Sun/Moon port, but the smart idea for that would be releasing it alongside USUM, so it's either Conquest or Darkness sequel.

No way. They won't ever return to Orre.

It doesn't exist. Only fan game which only have 2 and 4.

Fuck off

You retards have a really weird idea for what "core RPG title" means

Game Freak isn't 100 % under Nintendo's control, so I'm not sure Nintendo can even do that without Game Freak agreeing to that.

It can mean anything. First Pokemon is not an RPG. Mistery Dungeon is more of an rpg than pokemon red.

Yes it fucking is. Mainline Pokemon is a bog standard turn-based JRPG and has been since the very first games.

Pokemon is nearly a posterchild JRPG you dumbass. The only way you can make it any more carbon JRPG is if you remove the choose your own party from the bestiary gimmick.

The significant difference in power between the 3ds and Switch allows Gamefreak to completely rethink their approach to Pokemon as a series in terms of level design, world building, visual presentation, lore and story but unfortunately this is Gamefreak and they will phone it in.

It means, not the modern fully 3D console game you want it to be, at best it'll resemble a high end Gamecube game. We aren't getting Pokemon: Breath of the Wild for a long time.

Holla Forums is full of cynics. Rightfully so since developers are no longer honest. We haven't seen a thing about it other then it's in development™. Pic related could very much happen for all we know.

It's going to resemble the two recent gens of pokemon
Because it's going to be a mainline 3D pokemon game
How is this so fucking difficult for you people

You're retarded if you think that that could happen, but you wouldn't be retarded to think that it won't live up to the quality of the former games, really need to see who the fuck is actually developing the game.

Right, it'll look like a 3DS game (barely), when it should look like a Switch game.

There is no such thing as a bad Pokemon game

Oh fuck you asshole. I'd take a Mystery Dungeon over a mainline Pokémon "game" any day. That being said, having a third installment of the Colosseum trilogy would be amazing.

There IS a thing as mediocre Pokémon games though.

1. Pretend the switch doesn't exist until the day it's finally hacked.
2. Every game is new and free

STOP PLAYING POKEMON VIDYA

They're all bad, except for the first one.

Thats what sun and moon are. May be on a handheld but its home console tier

Nice bait, we all know the best ones are X and Y. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't played them and is an edgy contrarian.

You people are the scourge of this series. Go back to wherever you came from, we try to objectively discuss video games here.

emphasis on try

Just give me a better Pokemon Amie.
I wanna pet and cuddle and feed and play fetch with my Pokemon way more than I want to play babby's first RPG with tacked on multiplayer.

Every Pokemon game is good with minimal flaws.

I wish I had standards as low as you. Being a conformist without any imagination to think of room for improvement must be an absolute blessing.

Do you have a single source to back that up, or are you going to continue to baselessly say this sort of shit?
C'mon, let's hear your reasons. Otherwise your post is meaningless.

I like that games, that's my source

Yeah, I thought as much. You're lucky I don't have any power on this board, or I'd smack the shit out of you, user.

Blue and Red were fantastic for being on gameboy and having the capability to collect pokemons. There's no more sense of wonder playing the new ones.

Yes there is, they're new

Sorry you don't like fun

Are you functionally retarded?

Played it and it was the same shit. Invisible enemy encounters, turn based, 4 attacks, the difference is too minor and mostly cosmetic, they didn't bother to improve upon the boring core gameplay. Also, a benefit of being an 8 bit top down b/w for pokemon is it makes your game look a lot less gay.

Go back to /r/gaming, faggot.

You're dumb.

Source: Me

My guess is Diamond/Pearl remake.

Remakes on console and new games on handheld going forward.

I'm glad I'm not this stupid

POKEMON SNAP 2 NEVER EVER

Wake me up when they make a non-turn based mainline game.

Please go back to reddit, underaged.

They could make a pretty sweet God Hand style game

Why not just make another God Hand game?

Because nobody will ever make another God Hand

it would be perfect for that too, damn shame

Why would you think that? It'll either be a remake of a previous gen or another gen, either way they'll only slightly improve the graphics and call it a day.

I played Pokemon since the Gen 1 games. Though the modern games improved upon the shortcomings of Gen 1, the play style feels very fucking stale. I ended up skipping Sun & Moon. You play one game, you virtually played them all.

pokemon amie was almost the sole reason ib ought and played X and Y

So what if a mainline Poké comes to Switch? Alot of convenient features use the touch screen noteably touch menus for battle. How will the touch screen buttons be replicated, especially in docked mode. Also for Gen IV remake how will Pokétch work without a mobile phone companion app?

But it's still far more efficient to just keep using the normal controls than to remove a hand to use the touch screen function

Yeah I know. Still I like to have one-touch inputs when my second hand is busy. I'd like to see hotkeys from Stadium return as an optional menu. Especially if the game's going to be made with one joycon in mind.

will the new game let me romance trainers and pokemon simultaneously

Let's just get the main series over to the switch first before spinoff games dude. If the E3 announcement turned out to be a misleading PXD2 announcement then people would riot.