Can mobile gaming be fixed

I'm sure we are all aware of the cancerous quality of mobile gaming but can it be helped. I mean its not like quality games cant be made for it. It's more powerful than older handhelds after all. So can it be fixed and does anyone know of any quality mobile games.

Fixed implies that something was good or functional at some point. Mobile has always been a trash fire.
The only "good" games for mobile are ports of console, mobile, or PC games and all of them are either limited compared to their originals, buggy, or just general disasters.

Well is it possible to make it workable

It's hopeless on Android due to Java and its stuttery garbage collection, and it's hopeless on iPhone as the audience is Chad and Stacey.

Yeah.
But it's not something the devs can do.

There's a bunch of good mobile games which are absolutely impossible to find because the respective stores are fucking awful.
Imagine if steam only had a homepage, a search feature and the greenlighting process was just "can your game start".

Even that isn't a rule of quality you can hope for sometimes.

Windows store had some good games on it but imo. But that is because it has about 10 apps on it in general and one of those is dedicated to shaming you for buying a Nokia.

two things:
1: good luck with your mobile game you dirtbag get your own fuckin info
2: there are rare games on mobile that are actually fun. see kairosoft games. they're autism simulators but are satisfying enough for ten minutes here and there when you're on the toilet, waiting for the bus whatever. if you're looking for any more from a phone game you're a retard.

Windows store is just as bad, it doesn't seem like it because nobody devs for it

It can't be saved, for every one developer making something new and interesting with a proper use of the technology in a smartphone, there are at least a hundred rehashing tired old shit that's been done millions of times before. For every game that offers a game that has a resonable price or a resonable way to gain free currency, there are at least thousands trying to suck up sa much money from morons as quickly as possible. Mobile used to have potential. Now the well is poisoned beyond belief to the point that everyone is trying to outjew eachother.

t. spent years browsing and playing shit on the AppStore before giving up completely

are you implying that shit was good to begin with?

1)Attach a functional gamepad to a tablet/phone
2)Emulate SNES Genesis & PSP games ect.
3)Mobile gaming fixed

I see your png and raise you a gif
nice double dubs

This only way you play video games are worth a damn on your phone.

oh nice

The devices are pretty bad too, as far as maintaining standards go.

If touchscreens would fuck off you could at least emulate something that isn't turn-based without carrying around a bulky-ass gamepad attachment. As far as games actually developed for mobile, I don't think there was ever any hope.

Mantaining standards?

I mean I understand if you don't, then yes your option is better.

They literally just need to make a standard "controller" accessory and force it on everyone and people would flock to the platform.

That's it. That's all they need to do. But no. They are going to keep making screen poking games for the next 100 years because people are fucking stupid.

Smartphones have one of the worst battery drains of any electronic device I've used. You're far better off using a fucking handheld designed to play games that has its own gamepad, and can actually hold a charge while playing. And honestly, if you can drop the cash for a fucking smartphone that can run games decently and a gamepad, you probably have the money to buy a used handheld.

Different screen resolutions, different color cast, refresh rate differences, memory, processor power, button layout (if it has buttons beyond a touch screen). Also some mobile devices do shit like have unoverrideable pixel smoothing or filters. None of that shit is conducive to game development. You'll never know what your potential customer might have so you either have to program for the lowest common denominator or program specifically for only one, or a handful of, devices and leave the others as unsupported.
Mind you unlike PCs, phones and tablets are completely non upgradeable but neither are they like consoles or handhelds which come in a very narrow and small range of specs.

I don't think it's that much of a problem, they're just like small PCs.
The fact that you can upgrade PCs doesn't really matter at all in the comparison.

If you wanna fight that fight have an APNG

chrome supports APNGs now
neat

All of those things are completely irrelevant and have been dealt with in the 80s, save for the extra buttons because everyone is a snowflake and nobody follows standards on android.
So do most shitty monitors, which is what most people have.

Some ports are good. But whole platform are designed to milk normalfags.

They are bad by design. Planned obsolescence.

Yeah, it was standard aplefag argument. Iphones are better because they have same everything and its supposedly simplier to develop for it. That is why iphone has so many great games and it is such a great platform today.

It's not a completely void argument.
Iphone and Mac do have the better and most optimised apps because of it.

no

OSX is a better OS than windows except for compatibility with games.
There, I said it.

Nope, it's like you pop a problem related to gameplay and another one related to phones instantly appears.
I wouldn't even mind it like i didn't mind J2ME games if smartphone gaming hadn't become so massive, it only grew up because everyone and their dead grandmother owns an android "phone" now.
They keep saying that it'll be a better alternative for gaming-on-the-go that will crush actual handhelds, when the quality and publishing rate of most of these games feels more on par with Tiger Handheld Games, but hey, at least it's really murdering handhelds! Now you can *Bing* *Bing* WAHOO on the bus for a cheaper price!
All they had to do was learn from the Nintendo DS, avoid it's massive shovelware library like the plague and make good DS-Style games optimized for quick pick-up-and-play sessions.

Maybe Kairosoft, Rayark and some rhythm games if you insist on mobile.

When it comes to portable shit I always hate how people's definition of portable is "can slip into untrained butthole".
The n3dsxl is hueg but it still fits in your pocket and if a company made a slightly bigger phone with a thicc battery and a ridiculous heatsink (so it doesn't fucking burn your leg while idling), with no gimmicks and a SD card slot or 2 it would basically be the first good phone in a decade.
Of course, everything nowadays is made for skinnyfat nu-males in skintight jeans so if it's not paperthin they won't see an use for the thing.

.pngs, .gifs, APNGs, who needs any of them when you have .webms?

The demographic severely curbs the potential profit for mobile games. For every core gamer who would actually be interested in a good videogame there are 1000 casual fags who would rather play shallow pay to win shit during downtime.

Its terrible platform because it has terrible hardware to develop for and because all of its audience is normalfags and doing something good for it is going against the flow. Last time phone was designed for games was during nokia ngage times. But you could only play 1 sonic game and every nes/sega game on it. And it was awesome.

potential quality*

I would've said Linux is a better operating system, but that has neither support for programs nor games.

Hell, I still use same fucking file manager and somehow its the best pdf reader too and book reader as I did on my ngage.

Just shut the fuck up, and go play happy farm or something.

The thing doesn't even support photoshop nigger, you can't do anything constructive on it apart from coding.
Which you can also do on OSX exactly the same.

Ofcourse it can be fixed, just make a good game, and get number one. Then create another good game, that gets number one too. Then app-creators see what kinda app's they need to make.

Fix what?

Pic related.

You do realize that a handheld is just a screen with buttons attach to the sides right?

Oh and I also remember playing some stupid tamagochi-like game on a phone. It used camera and you could play it by waving your hand in front of your phone instead of using buttons. And some stupid shooter that used camera as mouse/screen background to play in some shooter. People used to be fucking creative. Now using more than touchscreen is considered a taboo and using anything else will drain phone in minutes. They cant even emulate that shit without gyroscope! Its 10 years old technology! And look at how many sensors modern phones has? Does any games use a lot of them? You can expect steering in fucking racing if you lucky.

should be more like this tbh, tilt your head

[ ]- [ ]-
:^) :-)

[ ]- [ ]-
:^) >:-3

NUCOM is on mobile and I've heard its a good port. I think the problem with mobile is that no one attempts to make the right kind of games for it. It would be fine for any turn based strategy or tactics game. Hell even turn based RPGS like final fantasy or as says Fallout. I think there's lots of good games that can be made for mobile. But the fact is that they aren't as profitable as Freemium shovelware so freemium shovelware is what os going to continue to get made

NO.
Even good games are shit on mobile, because of retarded touch controls. End of thread.

Which is why you connect a gamepad to the phone. The problem is that most game controllers are too bulky to put in your pants, and you'll have to prop up your phone while playing.

I liked these:
You don't need to play games on a phone, there's no buttons, and those who play them have little better to do, that's why they generally suck.

Yes, it's called PPSSPP

This.
To have good mobile games you just emulate a good mobile console.