Fighting Game General: The Shills are Alive Edition

New trailer showing 8 new characters is out,all of them except for Zero were on the leak list. Black Panther is day one DLC.
Supposed leaked cast: archive.is/DWPhD#selection-6593.1-6593.43
Game will be released on September 19th. Deluxe version includes Sigma, other 5 DLC characters and 6 costumes, skins for Ryu, Thor, X and Hulk.
The story mode demo for the game is now available on PS4 and Xbox One.
Arc System Works is developing a Dragon Ball Fighting game with 2.5D style graphics. A trailer for the game is already out.
Pokkén Tournament DX is announced for the Nintendo Switch. Features every character from the arcade version plus Decidueye, new modes, supports (Litten and Popplio) and Local Play. It'll be released on September 22nd.
PC version is up for pre-order on steam. It'll be released on June 13th. Pre-ordering the game gives you instant access to the closed beta. The game is also 20% off if you pre-order.
Arcade version will be released on June 29th.
Two guest characters from other franchises confirmed as DLC and Season Pass users. Dataminers found that Tekken Bowl is in the game and one DLC will have meter like Akuma/Eliza: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/single/?p=10023208&t=30258549
Costumes and modes were also confirmed as DLC. Eliza will be put as a regular DLC in July.
Red Hood trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=2lovdnOUCqg
He'll be released on June 13th for Deluxe/Pass owners, 20th on regular stores. Starfire and Subzero will soon follow as the first 3 DLC characters.
The game/update is out.
OST: mega.nz/#!OopXgLqT!KQUY2RuETD_4Tk6sqQWdGwOmFK60FOMx5GGZrVAVdrc
Game is updated with the new CFN, balance patch, new trials for season pass onwers and DLCs: Ed, Vega's SFII and Bison's Stage.
Fairy Tail and Shingeki no Kyojin(including the stage) packs will be delisted from PSN, Steam and Xbox Marketplace after June 20th: teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/info_20170522.html
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st] is confirmed for PS4, PS3 and PSVita. The game will be released on July 20 in Japan in physical and digital media on PS4. Digital only for PS3 and Vita.
Erika Wagner has been confirmed as Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late [st]'s second new character for the console release.
Virtua Fighter 5 isn't coming to PC as of right now.
EVO 2017 will feature 9 games: Blazblue CF, GuiltyGear Xrd Rev2, Injustice2, KOFXIV, SFV, Melee, Smash Bros. WiiU, Tekken7 and UMvC3.
EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th.
Treta Championship LATAM Will Happen Between Sep. 30 and Oct. 01. Will Feature MKXL, T7, SFV, KOFXIV, SMash 4, Injustice 2, GGXrd Rev2, MvsCI and a community choice.
Punch Planet new video featuring combos: youtube.com/watch?v=43QjykqeKiI
Cerebrawl new character: youtube.com/watch?v=ayHtKpk5ib4
Trajes Fatais(TRAF) will be released outside of Brazil under the name TRAF: Suits of Fate
Fightin' Herds latest stream: youtube.com/watch?v=ipvxFkQ4iaw
Strides 2 Glory latest gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=KKuIW3jXry0
Kemono Friends Fighter latest character trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=f6vmfguGB0w
Omen of Sorrow gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=jKIXxF-oFfg
Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
Discord group: discord.gg/DbHMSCd
>>>/fighters/
For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM

Other urls found in this thread:

rbnorway.org/eddy-t7-frames/
archive.is/T6ioW
archive.is/vOs1V
imgur.com/a/QQ0W5
virtuafighter.com/wiki/neko-dojo-2afc-approach/
virtuafighter.com/threads/5-steps-to-learning-virtua-fighter.15813/
virtuafighter.com/threads/virtua-fighter-is-easy-vf5fs-basics-for-new-players.20282/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP5ovclebrn-m53Qzb2CBKVHBWhzR2IO2
reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/6hk29c/justin_wong_tells_fgc_fans_not_at_e3_what_we/
game.snk-corp.co.jp/game/steam/kof-xiv/kofdoa/
twitter.com/2b_pics
mediafire.com/file/zbpptpj8b12lhqq
dropbox.com/s/6q0e7am85d0xx4e/KOF artbook.zip?dl=0
mediafire.com/file/758z1r4yzo66w54/KOF_XIV_Steam_artbook.rar
youtube.com/watch?v=5zGiU2Gi6e0&
twitter.com/KillerInstinct/status/876205714070319104
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Post your fightgame mains.

Thread Question: Can Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite be redeemed at this point? If so, how?

Maybe if they remove the DLC and fixed the graphics but none of that is going to happen. Considering its capcom, its gonna have shit netcode and F2P grinding to boot.

No it can't. Capcom can't delay it; if they do it has to compete directly with DBZ, they'd be stuck with SFV which doesn't sell anymore and they'd end up pissing off Disney/Marvel.

Updated.

I think not. For the development team, this is probably just another job, for Capcom it's just another way to make DLC, for Disney, just another way to sell pre made characters, and promote movies.
We must accept and carry on, thus is just another game for the people involved.
Just play the older ones, forget this.

No. Crapcom is already in the point of no return.

>rbnorway.org/eddy-t7-frames/
i understand why people hate capos now

i don't think they have enough of a budget for a delay to make any kind of meaningful difference. capcom has been making fighting games with shoestring since usf4 and the influx of sony/disney money clearly hasn't changed that. like sfv, mvci is gonna be rotten to the core in all likelihood and we get to enjoy another year of denial and being guilted by (((esteemed fgc figureheads))) for expecting better. never forget that these guys are all essentially kbr and will say literally anything to scam out another few years of their free ride.

>tfw never played mahvel 2

They both shit on sfv but now their main game marvel comes out and they're shilling it despite it looking like trash.

Nope, they've learned nothing from previous games, on disk dlc like sfxt, ugly graphics and poor roster worse then sfv and pretty much everyone in the fgc besides those 2 shills are shitting on it.

I don't know where to begin to articulate what's wrong with that MVCI roster. Where are the big bodies? Where are the weird/quirky characters like Tron and MODOK? Where are the Darkstalkers, Cyberbots and and Power Stone reps? Where's She-Hulk and Juggernaut? WHY THE FUCK ARE FRANK WEST AND HAGGAR BACK?

This game is such a wash.

Supposedly Nemesis is in

Hulk
Rocket Racoon
But user, Morrigan is the only Darkstalkers rep we need
The infinite stones are powerful stones
:^)
But seriously, what the fuck is this roster. what the fuck is going on with the characters' faces. How can somebody fuck up this horribly

How do you go from this…

…to this?

What do Mika's farts smell like?

EFFORT
GUTS
AND SPIRIT

Played some this mvc infinite. Its alright, its spammy but alright. If you have a fightanstick and have a turbo option on it, this is going to be a clusterfuck online.

nice

Why does her and cheek have a hole in it?

i only saw this thumbnail by the time the last thread was dead, someone mind posting this shit again

i need it

Fat Buu's already confirmed for DBF so I don't really know what I want now for characters, I hope it doesn't solely focus on Z characters and bring in some fun DB characters, but that's probably wishful thinking.

it says the file size was too big, I'm only going to post the big ass one from now on.
after fiddling around with the characters I like in Tag 2 and 7 my main's going to be Paul, he's technically difficult as a puddle but he hits like a truck, Leo is my top secondary 6 and up.
Vegeta's my main, I wonder if there will be any interest for this game now with Arc's Game on the horizon.
I never cared for how stretched the characters looked in this game. but it's fun.

thanks fella

Because she just slapped it.

>MvCI releases this year

iqdb, nigga

Only if they scrapped it entirely and did something fun and colorful like Xrd/DBZ with a cast of characters that isn't UMvC3 minus the unique side of the roster.

Takes a lot of commitment to make a game where every character looks worse than the game they're originally from. Morrigan would have been better if they just plastered her 1994 sprite.

Ditto.

That would actually be sick.

>fucking Hunter
>still no Valgas or Gene but they were long shots anyways

Oh yeah, the game looks like shit.

I forgot.

That's why they can't delay it. If they delay it, DBFZ is gonna be directly competing against it

Finally pirated Tekken 7. Fuck this is as bad as I expected it to be, even ignoring the gameplay there's so little for single-player shenanigans, and the story is even more retarded than normal.

Fuck yes. Toriyama keeps shitting on fat Buu but I like him. Glad to hear.

Someone tweet this at him

JUST CAPCOM MY SHIT UP

That chun is an improvement somehow.

oh boy

Holy shit.

I can't truly appreciate this because it's tarnishing the most perfect cinnamon bun who ever lived. Antonov would be the best bro publisher and you all know it!

HARADA YOU NIGGER LET ME BUY IT

What are some fighting games where reading your opponent, positioning and planning are far more important than juggles and combos? I like Street fighter 2 and above but any time I venture to other fighting games I feel like it's just a long list of combos I am forced to learn to do decent.

I'd say Samurai Shodown series and the first 2 Soulcalibur titles.

What fighting games have you tried that you like? It's harder to make recommendations before we know your tastes.

If you're looking for games with shorter combos, you can try:
-Samurai Shodown games
-Fatal Fury games
-King of Fighters games (besides 13 and 14) -SoulCalibur games
-other Street Fighter games (especially V for shorter combos, and especially the EX series for footsies focus)

And I know you already said you played Yatagarasu, but that might be worth picking up again whenever they can finally release the GGPO update after Nicalis shafted them. Also, you know, Smash or Rivals.

Wong is so bad at being a shill that I feel kind of sad for him.

this is fucking gold

Bushido Blade, and if you want a cheap, limited indie title, Slice, Dice & Rice.

Were you so tired of people in your shitty thread telling you to git fucking good you felt like you had to come here?

was meant for

Pokken

I am not that user. He is a casual.

I am not that faggot that made that thread yesterday. I don't hate combos, I just don't like watching tekken or guilty gear where someone is getting juggled for 5 seconds straight because it feels more like solitaire until the combo is complete and the person standing there normally has to stand there and take it. I wish there were interesting ways to get out of a combo like a perfect parry or something mid combo that can free you.

Then I have the perfect game for you user, it's called git gud

Why does MVC so fucking horrible bros

That's shitty, but at least your character fucking has customisation options to begin with. Kuma has

No scarves, no shirts, nothing. Despite no customisation to pick, story mode actually has a more brown variant of the armor without a helmet, but you can't equip it. Why? That'd be one more option for a character with barely any. I understand not managing to make more costumes for Kuma as he probably requires more work to make so the fur doesn't clip through them, but use what you fucking have.

Harada the triple gook better give me some customisation options soon. I want equippable scarves. Capes, shirts and hats would be appreciated too. I've got that Tekken 7 deluxe in price of regular one deal a nice user shilled here so I fucking hope at least some of those advertised hundreds of costumes go to Kuma.

Those are always important, because if you can't get a hit in what good is knowing those juggles and combos?

pardon?

What did he mean by this?

user's dibelief is so big that he has forgotten how to write.

*disbelief

That is why I said far more important. Every fighting game requires those things, but infinite or long combos and juggles take away the other players control for too long. The important thing should be that someone fucked up the read, not how Kong someone can keep you in the air because that comes down to muscle memory, not strategy. Its the same for those overly long cut scene supers in fighting games.

Yeah, right? Fuck weightlifters and pro athletes. They'll never know the joys of STRATEGY like enlightened intellectuals such as ourselves.

I tried

I get you, I'm also not fond of super long combos, but you should be able to avoid most "long combo games" by just skipping out on most anime games, Tekken, and KOF13/14.

Killer Instinct also has long combos, but you might appreciate its combo breaker mechanic.

Except doing a combo right isn't based on strength. The analogy doesn't make sense. I don't like overly long combos because they put the other player on time out.

This webm makes me sad.

why is that chun li so cute to me

Retard Moe.

Thanks for the heads up. Is KI any good? I would need a good reason to install windows 10.

low standards?

It's not worth it if you don't already have Windows 10.

her large eyes and wide-set ears/head shape and small mouth and wide nose sellion are all traits i love

There's your issue.

koihime enbu.

nigga do you know what a burst is

What is this garbage

Mr. Cool Guy Trailer.

Trully Native Real North American trailer

Fuckoff Boone

Fuckoff faggot, your new is showing

Same ID bozo

SF Alpha 2 without custom combos
CvS2 without A Groove
Vampire Savior / Darkstalkers since combos are just a string of from low to heavy like a piano

Like it or not, you will have to learn combos it's part of every fighter and it's just a matter of practice. The hard part is the footsies, the reactions etc

Yeah, I posted both videos, because no one else did, and just like that I will post some
NUCLEAR NEGRO

Started watching it earlier

If only they had listened

Your Irish ancestry inclines you towards girls with fetal alcohol syndrome

Sounds like terminal yellow fever.

Previous thread: archive.is/T6ioW

YOU HAD ONE JOB!

That's literally DOA5LR.

More fighting games should have parries and airblocks

have fun totally nullifying all forms of defensive ranged play

What do?

I'm about to goy for Nyotengu again. pls halp

No you just need to get good. Parries force you to use projectiles intelligently instead of just mashing them out as fast as you can like a slack jawed retard.

Normally I would, but it's Nyotengu. I'm sorry, you're on your own.

Hope you can find an alternative and it's a damn shame that site died.

Doing combos is based on muscle memory and your reflexes, which can be trained in the same way muscle mass can be trained.
Play Smash Bros or Dark Souls PvP, then, because fighting games clearly aren't for you. If you're so unwilling to accept the fundamental notion of being punished for (gasp!) three whole seconds once you make a mistake, you're past help.

You know how I can tell you don't play fighting games and you've never made an honest effort to learn even one? Three seconds, or even the five seconds you mention in your previous post, is your time to reflect on why you were hit and to consider what your opponent will do with the opportunity. It's not a "time out," whatever that's supposed to mean, it's a fucking opportunity to breathe.

Man, are you in for some disappointment because he's not gonna waste time giving costumes to the console exclusives and other characters,

It's not worth that user, you got shilled.
Tekken 7 is a huge disappointment. The story is worse than usual, single-player modes offer next to nothing, character "episodes" are retarded and Arcade mode is pointless, treasure battle is "spam a combo that includes both low and medium hits because the AI doesn't know what to block" and then the customization is fucking trash. I main Jack, and I could go on a whole tirade about how lazy they've been with Jack's base design alone (his Tekken 7 model is a recolor of his Tekken 6 model, which was itself a carbon copy of his Tekken 5 model, despite these all being different Jack Models) but then the customization options he has are either retarded as fuck, or Rocks, Bulky Shit, and a Rock'em-Sock'em Robot.

And Harada won't do shit about it, because Harada is an idiot. His twitter itself is an indication he has no idea what he's doing and the fact that he retconned the entire series so that Heihachi is basically the hero who has done almost nothing wrong is mind-boggling. Fuck Harada man, Jack gets two decent customization options but the Idol bitch has 500 different kinds of titties.

I use treasure battle to practice punishes and stage stuff while getting rewarded for it.

LOL
I know the second image is in the OP but this is still pretty funny.

Infinite is just MvC3 2v2

Shilling is hard work, guys!

I think i now understand why the faces in MvCI look so horrendous. They're trying to imitate action figures. The overall theme style is like that of a mobile app for children. Don't be surprised if they start selling official Ug-Li and Dento figures with the same models.

If there is one thing niggers LOVE more than fightans it's DBZ.
Both SFV and MvCi are dead.

He's definitely getting more customisation in the future, some of his drawn artwork has him in a shirt or a scarf, they'd be stupid not to add those at the very least. Besides, Kuma and other console exclusives are confirmed to be coming to arcades anyway, that can't be the reason for anything.

Retcons in fighting game stories happen for every series with a story, perhaps excluding blazblue which just explains all away as possibilities, but then making Heihachi a dindu nuffin goes very far even in comparison to others. The amount of single player modes is really disappointing, but treasure hunt is decent for training combos. The gameplay is good at least.

Will these "people" ever stop sucking capcoms std ridden dick?

No.

Anyone know a way to turbo grind in Treasure Battle on PC without a turbo controller? I've tried using an autohotkey script but Tekken ignores all of the inputs from it.

REAL
HUMAN
BEAN
AND A REAL HERO
archive.is/vOs1V

She smells like RAINBOWs

That's assume Capcom has a PLAN…. NOT.

play cards or chess then. I don't mind low skill floor as long as the ceiling is still high.

DBFZ

Alisa B clang
imgur.com/a/QQ0W5

Oy vey, goyim. What could possibly lead you to think us respected and genuine community members are being paid to shill this game? Don't you feel bad about yourself for thinking such things?

LEWD MODS WHEN

I hope that one day "FGC" cancer will die.
But if there was one good thing it is that just like with SFV, this trash will bomb despite it all.

I'm baffled by the Marvel VS Mongrels graphics. People say Capcom is being cheap and rushing it, but surely it would have been less work and looked better to just use models of Chun Li and other characters that Capcom already has and to tweak them a bit & fiddle with shaders instead of making new shitty ones. The pre-DLC roster is also very disappointing: no Wolverine, not even Spider-Man. Surely a regular guy seeing the game's name would expect Spider-Man in this.

To be fair, they'll reveal Spidey in a short teaser that will probably come out as a pre-movie trailer for Homecoming

What's worse? Shilling for free OR for cash?

How good is karate irl?

Just watched the Nuclear Negro popping off. He truly is a tragic figure, a modern day Cassandra, I dare say.
He's totally right about the groupie issue but that's no surprise and it ties up with all this shilling. But I get the feeling that if another e-celeb gets paraded because of something he said eons ago, he's going to shoot up EVO.

There's no women in the industry though. :^)

I'd do her.

How's the KoF port in general and does it have any problem with PS3 sticks?
I need to know, before I become the goodest of goyim.

Depends on the style, but most importantly it depends on the dojo, a lot of schools will end up teaching you bullshit so it's important to find a good one. I'm going to shill for Kyokushin here because it's full contact and because I'm 4th Dan in it. The most important things to remember are that if you're ever in a street fight doing stuff like an ushiro mawashi geri will rarely work out, you should count on simpler to perform techniques. Second, your combat experience counts for much more than just sheer technique. It doesn't matter how many bricks you can break with one chop, if you're not ready for anything your opponent throws out you're gonna be eating pavement and may even end up in hospital.

In short; it depends.

You can refund if it doesn't work right, but my fightstick worked fine during the beta. The port seemed good to me.

Just fucking kill me already

I guess you're right and the discount got extended by another week anyway.

You can also ask them to add support in the forums, they were fucking adding anything anyone wanted during the beta. Like support for sega saturn controllers and SNES controllers got added because people asked

Holy fuck, who made the KoFXIV steam page? I go to look at it and the fucking steam browser just starts having a fucking aneurysm.

At least you get chill in civilization.

I love camera mods.

That's seriously some fucking amazing dedication. It's a shame the game is most likely going to die soon outside of China, though to be honest I prefer Rev2 and Tekken anyway

Jesus Chroist, how much harder are they gonna BTFO crapcom™? This can't be legal.

No fighting game ever truly dies as long as it lives on in the hearts if the people who like it.

Jesus fuck lad

Canada is basically a 3rd world country. People saying it's a good country is one big long running meme.

Well since I'm gonna be waiting forever, what should I practice?
Melty Blood or Under Night In-Birth?

Melty

Melty, and wait for the new UNIELst or whatever.

Too bad i start my new job in month and a half and am gonna miss the special promotion price/whatever.

Has that one been confirmed to the west?

For free definitely, but either way these guys are doing it for cash. If not cash up front, cash in prize pools.

I hope Infiltration takes all their money.

I'm holding out hope for it.

At least you got something hopefully decent.

Not yet, but it sold pretty decently in the west so I don't think they'd skip a localization.
I already pre-ordered the jap version just to be safe.

SHOOSH THOT

It's over.

The fact that it's a bit over a half what SFV has despite being super niche and being released near Tekken really says something about SFV.
Wonder if the numbers will change when the chinks wake up

There was an issur with the preload, most people are still downloading the game.

10 hours and 35 minutes left

No, we have to move on.
The dream is dead.

Now I am torn between getting my ass kicked in this or just sometimes getting my ass kicked in Tekken.

I just found out that you can play Tekken 7 online on the PS4 without a PS+ subscription. Is this a temporary thing like some kind of promotion or is it permanent?

You might as well just recommend Guilty Gear at that point.

This looks way better then I expected and feels like it came out of nowhere, kinda hyped.

What event did she appear in? Was she going around doing cute antics or was this just only parts she appears in?

Yeah nope, the player number is now dipping lower and is at 400~, so nearly identical to Rev2 which is more than 2 weeks after its release. It's not Tekken that takes 50 GBs which meant preload broke or took around an hour or more for really many, I doubt it can be that bad here. Face it, it'll only get worse. I bet soon it'll be below Rev2 player-wise. It already has only 20 more playing.

It came out like two or three hours before it was midnight in Chinkland, so nope. I doubt it. It wasn't late enough for their KOF autists to sleep when they knew it's coming out.

This webm is from here. I don't know who she is.

What are some good resources for learning Samurai Shodown? II, IV and Vspecial in particular.

Meh, oh well. I still got locals and tourneys.

Why does the FGC have such a bias against 3d fighters, especially ones that aren't plane based?

Bias towards planes is because some people want to be in control. No clue why they dislike 3d fighters though, maybe greater focus on movement is the reason?

They aren't "competitive" enough.

Mizuumi for 5S. You can figure out 2 on your own, it's not much more complicated than SF2. You will learn most by playing because the games are so neutral-based.

Aren't the gundam vs games supposedly competitive?

Daily Reminder Mega Gengar is Balanced in Pokken :^)

They are, but some people are inclined to say they aren't fighting games.

Still waiting for that Tekken 7 gift. KoF IV is fine too.

[email protected]/* */

Ok, KoF is definitely quite different from other fighting games… first time ever I'm playing one and I'm getting my ass handed to me left and right. The timing for inputs seems to just a split second slower or faster than what I'm trying to do so I keep missing strings.

Sent :^)

Awesome, I was hoping there'd be KoF stuff in the OP, given 14's release and apparently success. Should I be grabbing 14 over just learning shit in older titles? I've poked around in '98 and that's about it so far. I heard 14 has some handholdy shit and I don't necessarily want that producing any bad habits

Also are there any good resources specifically for Virtua Fighter? It was my first fighting game and I want to actually be able to competently play it but FS's movelists are stupid huge and I am a shitter. I still have 3tb on disk though if thats somehow beneficial for learning purposes

Does anyone have those crazy korean KoF98 GGPO videos with all sorts of retarded effects and chickens flying around the screen?

this one? There's a lot of these on youtube and they all have the same name, "GGPO KOF98."

So what was the deal with the KoF XIV beta having that kofxiv_NoDRM.exe file? I noticed it's not in the final release

YES

Thanks user, I love retarded shit like this.

Mega-gengar is pretty absurd by normal gengar (at least in NA, japan has some really good gengars) isn't all that great so it balances out.

Litterally all gengar has going for him is his iframes and his throw setup.

If you're worried about Denuvo it doesn't have it, it's not in the EULA and it's already up for pirating.

I was more curious as to whether or not they were going to provide a DRM-Free version. I got a little happy seeing that before running it and realizing it just crashes on startup every time.

Well SNK games are slowly getting sold on gog, so maybe in a few years.

I bet the roster is going to have 4 different Gokus ssj 1, 3 god and blue, maybe kid Goku), 3 Vegetas (ssje, majon and blue), 5 different future Trunks (with and without jacket, saiyan armor, long hair and sb super future Trunks) 2 different cells (1st form and perfect), 3 adult Gohans (ssj2 great saiyaman and mystic), 2 friezas (4th form and golden). In other words it's going to be a shit game and most of it's roster will be filler.Just watch, mark my words.

Played KoF for more than 20 years because around here nobody played anything else, i'll pirate KoF XIV and i'll finally see for myself if it's crap like the rest.

I doubt it. There will obviously be 1 or 2 repeats but I don't see it going farther than that. There are enough characters to sustain a DIVERSE roster. I have a lot of faith in this development actually..

how come kof is crap?
why did you play it for 20 years?

Every time they don't include in game transformations, they do that shit.

Golden Frieza is already in the game as a three-bar install super for normal Frieza so I don't see why the rest of that shit would be any different.

She appeared in other few events and even in more proeminent roles (giving prizes and stuff). Might get a few videos/images later or in the next thread.

What do you mean by that? People put Virtua Fighter in a holy pedestal, high regards for Soul Calibur and Tekken series, DOA has its own fanbase, some others miss Bloody Roar. Or do you mean "arena fighters"? Most of them are really busted so applies.

They're not being payed to shill for MvC:i but their sponsors/teams will pay them later to play in tourneys and they might get some prizes later. It's more like they don't want to do other stuff in the future like, you know, play a different game/franchise.

What KOF are you playing and what are you trying to do? XIV is pretty lenient in a lot of stuff.

You're free to do what you please. '98 and 2002vanilla has a lot of people playing everyday while 98UMFE and 2002UM you'll probably need to join a few discords groups to play but at least you'll have people teaching you a lot of stuff. XIV is a new game so probably a lot of new blood instead of getting your ass stomped by some korean, mexican or huelander.
Rush combos are not really intrusive and does shit damage. The input window is pretty lenient but you'll need to learn about some shortcuts available at the OP
A few threads ago someone posted:
virtuafighter.com/wiki/neko-dojo-2afc-approach/
virtuafighter.com/threads/5-steps-to-learning-virtua-fighter.15813/
virtuafighter.com/threads/virtua-fighter-is-easy-vf5fs-basics-for-new-players.20282/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP5ovclebrn-m53Qzb2CBKVHBWhzR2IO2

Don't listen to guys like . There are games where neutral and short to almost no combos are much more important than long ones like Samurai Shodown series and even KOF'98 where Chang in the video related does retarded amount of damage from a few pokes or his super I'm still mad they neutered him so much in the UM revisions

The is called ICHIGEKI HISSATSU for a reason. The one you posted is from his actual channed but some other guy compilated some videos on a playlist (incomplete but still helps a lot)

Hopefully a GoG version in a few months like the few games they put there last month. But it was probably there for testing reasons. There's a ASCII Leona in the files for some reason.

My prediciton, assuming a 20 character roster

Confirmed:

Did you even see any gameplay yet?
Considering the demo already have transformations as supers (SSJ3 Goku, Golden Frieza and stuff) I think it won't have many clones. Maybe adult Gohan and Black at most. I can see they selling Blue skins for Goku and Vegeta (Goku starts the round as normal with his Super gi and the lvl3 super being Blue and Vegeta is just a regular new skin.
I expect to have the regular saiyans: Goku, teen Gohan, Adult Gohan (teen doesn't have Masenko), Vegeta, Gotenks, Future Trunks, maybe GT Pan and new saiyan girls from Super (maybe Kale is just a literal Broly clone). For villains: fat Buu, Frieza, Cell, Super/Kid Buu, Dabura, Hit, Black, Tao Pai Pai, Bills and maybe ayylmao from the new arc. Then you can have other popular or interesting characters like: Piccolo, Kuririn, #18, Yamcha people shit on him but he's got the coolest shit with soukidand and Roga Fu Fu Ken, Ten Shin Han, Mr.Satan, Videl, Kamesennin that plays literally like Tung Fu Rue and Jackie Chun he's a totally different person.
Considering it's a 3vs3 roster I expect more than something between 20 to 30 characters even with Xrd style of animation (Bamco got a lot of cash to fund this game).

And if they want to put a joke character along with Satan, why not put a retarded good one?

Only retards and capcom shills say this. Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur are objectively the best fighting games.

Thanks user.

Nothing wrong with that if they play differently. Though I just want the forms themselves as installs, SS3 for Goku's super is very disappointing.

She got cancer from crapcom

Thanks user
Bookmarking all of those vf5 links. I'll probably see who I can drag along into my KoF journey and decide between games based on what I can convince them to play/buy/torrent. Already grabbed the OP links and will check them out when I've got time. Good to know that rush combos aren't especially good

I am playing XIV but I blame my input failures to having played a lot of Tekken the last few weeks and SFV before that. KoF is just different.

However I have still not managed to hit a simple df + LK -> LP -> f, qcf + HK with King.

Shit I'd get KOF14 on PC, but the player base is way too small.

Also, MvC:I is doomed, but only because of DBF. If Marvel was delayed a year (which it won't be because ESPORTSEPSORTSESPORTS), it probably would have come out better than expected. SNK has the excuse because of an extremely limited budget. Capcom does not.

Looks like that anamatronic Twilight baby

As long as they emblazon their product with 'NERFED CONTROLS FOR TARDS' labels.

Ad infinitum

Don't get it. I'm not really familiar with King but her only command normal is her slide (df+HK) that is only cancelable if comboed into (like most of command normals for all characters). Example:
df+HK alone you can't do anything but super cancel
HP->df+HK->Tornado Kick(HCB+K) works
The flow of combos in KOF is normal->command normal->special/super
But in XIV you can supercancel almost anything for free not needing another bar to be expended like in 2002.
Now, if you mean a regular normal link (d.LK->LP) is just a timing issue. Just don't mash.
Also, Is "f, qcf + HK" a Trap Shot(dp+K) or a regular Venom Strike(qcf+K)? I remember in XIII only the EX version of Trap Shot being able to combo aside from the corner of the screen. Sorry, but I can't test it here. Have some Ralf.

Yeah, if I make the next thread, I'll try to put at least the wiki or the "5 steps" in the OP.
As for KOF have in mind that '98, 2002 and XIII is three different styles of play XI is another one being Mahvel inspired. XIV is a mix of those 3 but more towards to '98 in terms of speed and neutral game, and 2002/XIII-like combos but easier to do.

Trust me, the endgame of the playerbase will be the PC version. The game is overpriced in many regions like in Latin America. In a few sales and considering the game has an actual lobby system, it'll have a regular people playing like XIII or even the fightcade games. I don't even know why they extended the sale to right before Steam's Summer Sale.
Of course you can wait until a good sale like many.

Meant for

It's OK when SNK does this

Considering SNK didn't have Disney backing the game or has the general budget capcom has or the brand recognition Capcom and Marvel have. In there situation it's understandable why they did it.
Capcom has no fucking excuse, especially when they already have 4 seasons of DLC planned in advance.

My only concern is putting time into a FG with no one to play. I know that's petty as fuck, but it's how I feel.

Of the current games with an active player base, which has the highest skill ceiling?

Depends what you mean by an active player base.

Where a player of any skill level could go online and find a match.

I guess it would have to be Tekken 7 now, huh? What was it before it came out?

You mean matchmaking, or are you alright with hopping on a Discord and asking for matches?

If it's matchmaking, your choices are basically SFV or Tekken 7 and Tekken 7 has the higher skill ceiling between the two of them. I don't know how Killer Instinct's player base is, maybe it's on the list too.

Jesus, what the fuck? Is this true? I only played for half an hour against a guy in my scene the other day, but it did feel very slow.

Also, new Core-A video. He interviewed T7 pros.

PS4 version is slow, Xbone is faster and apparently it's very difficult to notice on PC.

You're just attracted to really autistic looking girls.

Reminder.

How is the single player content in KOF 14? I skipped Tekken 7 PC because of lacking single player content (and the fact that it uses fucking denuvo) I am trash at fighting games but i enjoy playing single player in them (maybe i get gud and can enjoy online some day) Also what fighting games got great single player content?

Pretty much just the standard you mind in majority of fighters. Nothing special.
The Soulcalibur series
Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
Tobal 2
Ehrgeiz: God Bless The Ring
The Blazblue series

ceo

I liked the single player content in Soul Calibur 2. I spent a lot of time there and i did not beat everything. SC3 RPG mode was also fun. Will look into those games myself

KoF2000 is fucking amazing. Anyone who's at all interested in finding weird shit in games should try that game if they haven't already, it has the typical old KoF jankiness combined with a million billion strikers which are all broken in some way or another.

thanks for confirming

I have seen almost none in any tournament get these right, they may seem useful, but skillful player will end up with ways to make it so difficult it's pretty much an afterthought

I wonder how Kamiya feels about this

that ain't falco

No problem

bonus

JUST YOU WAIT

Which console would be the most ideal for me?

I hate pokemon

I hate the legend of Zelda.

I hate RPG games

I do not like playing in modes online

I hate indie (independent) Games

And only play video games rated E for Everyone on the ESRB

Atari Jaguar

Ouya

ColecoVision

Speaking of SoulCalibur, is IV also good SP-wise?
I've heard V isn't (along with the game being trash overall) and I've heard that IV isn't that impressive gameplay-wise, but I'm not going to play against other people anyway, I'm just going to unlock shit and play the SP modes if the SP content is good, same thing I did with III.

Anyone know a good wallcombo for Paul? The only thing I can get any damage out of is a demoman but that only fully connects 25% of the time.

Shills going shill
reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/6hk29c/justin_wong_tells_fgc_fans_not_at_e3_what_we/

MvCI has a clone character. Her name is Chun "UG-Li"

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round might be your game then. It does have juggles and some combos can be several hits. But any competent player will only hit a few times to either bait a bad hold (counters for strike attacks) or to prevent themselves to getting into a hold. You can use a hold while you're in hit stun so no one can stop someone's pressure. You can't hold or block while turned around so getting behind someone allows you to pull off your best combos.

On the offensive side, you can grapple holds at the right moment for extra damage. Only constantly trying to hold will make it take longer for to fall down, allowing your opponent to constantly poke at you with no breathing room. Also attacking with a certain attack called a power strike will completely disable a person if they are in red critical stun state (just hit someone consistently 3-4 times to get this). This also give you a chance to pull off some big damage.

Watch the vid. Even pros aren't just throwing their most powerful combos 24/7 or even combo for long. Both players are in control for 90% of the fight since you can hold during.

Wesker I…

DoA is so underrated. Too bad, it has a bad rep as a Barbie-sim

Okay which ones am I supposed to feel are superior? Looks like they changed the artstyle between the two, and each one has their own particular strengths. I'm guessing the ones to the right are more recent, and if so they still have quite a ways to go before they look good enough.

Scary isn't it?

I'm getting tired of being beaten even while using Eddy.
Are there any other Eddy players with tips?
Or is Eddy a lost cause like Giga?
Also how does one learn to block lows on reflex, I'm getting tired of low spammers.

Right is a FAN-EDIT. No word on Capcom changing the look of the current character models….

I haven't played Eddy in this game yet but the best advice anyone can give to Eddy is abuse his relaxed stance, that stance is amazing. Also no he isn't anywhere as bad as Gigas afaik. Also really try to get better at blocking lows, Eddy has one of the best low punishes in the game

Eliza looks like she just stepped out from Lineage

When was the last time Eddie was in Tekken?

Bonus: twitter.com/2b_pics

What was ?

(heil'd)
Eddie was in every Tekken since his debut in 3, with the exception of 4.

This is what I understand the least about Tekken's customization options. Why the wild inconsistency between characters? It sounds like it's not even worth the effort to grind money for customizations.

grappler themes…

I'm playing story mode in BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend. What is this rubbish. During the whole time almost nothing happens, there is only boring and pointless dialogue. I'm in chapter 3, does it get any better or can I delete it?

Tanjoubi omedetou, Dumpf

Why are you posting your propaganda here?

IV has arcade endings but just that. Less modes than V, much less customization items to unlock and are behind a "guess what you have to do" tower bullshit. V at least has the Quick Battle that has hundreds of custom characters and Harada himself played by CPU at different levels for you to unlock stuff like Algol, Devil Jin style and customization parts.
As a game IV is much worse than V with breakable costume parts that influence damage values, guardbreak that leads to fucking fatality, a bunch of useless moves for most of the cast and retarded balance with stuff like Hilde having a sure-ringout combo.
I really don't understand why people shit so much on V when IV was absolute garbage in every way. Did people fell for the "muh Star Wars" characters meme they're all broken?

People complained that CT and CS stories were confusing so Mori streamlined everything fuck those fags and fuck Mori for that

So IV isn't even worth 5 bucks huh? Thanks for the info, user

The anime of this is mrginally more coherent.

Only it you really like the Star Wars characters and for some reason cares about Starkiller.

Nope, and 100% agreement with on the guest and Star Wars characters. They were fucking awful.

For all of III's glitches and shit, it was leagues ahead of IV and V.

Don't care about goy wars. Besides, if I cared I'd play something like KotOR and not a shitty fighting game that only has a few Star Wars characters.

Because ZANGIEF needs a comrade

I think people shit on V because it's still worse than III in almost every respect. III is a damn fine game and while IV sucked absolute dick, V fixes it by moving further away from what III was, not closer.
I think it's just clear that Harada is a poison. He was never the lead guy on these titles until recently, he's a big fat fag.

Help

Sorry for the late reply, went to sleep. The combo at 00:30 in vid related is what I mean. I know it is just a timing issue. I can do the first two inputs fine by themselves, as well as the second two inputs, but putting them together fails. It feels like I have to wait a split second before doing the last attack.

Frame data display is a oldschool cheat code (and a familiar input).

So what's the upside to playing King? I love the guy with all my heart, but against players who aren't braindead, it's very difficult to get anything done. Everyone in the game who isn't an actual bear is faster than king.

People are on your ass 24/7, and King's attacks are not fast enough to counter hit people. On a good day, you can get the low dropkick, and maybe the body blow, and maybe catch a kick.

It's just that, as a King main, I have to do a lot more to achieve what every other character can do by just mashing buttons or the same launch into wall spam combos over and over again.

It's really frustrating. When I do hit his grabs, I am always able to do the entire grab chain. I even know his obscure grabs and their combos. Hell, I can hit his ten hit combos reliably. I'm consistently beating kings who have a lot more wins than me too.

Against more wary opponents, his basic attacks into the russian legsweep or suplex work a lot of the time, but compared to everyone else who has more reach/speed, it's nearly impossible to create any space or openings.

You dun it nao Arry Porrer

If you need fast shit I remember King's 1 and 1, 2 are pretty good and they used to be + on block, dunno if it still is. You can also do b+1 or f+3. Throw in a low jab a lot too. Also, don't do his 10 hitters, 10 hitters are shit. Also, one thing in particular my brother likes to do is just do a wild run-up Shining Wizard every once in a while, just don't overuse it or your opponents will catch on.

Are you talking about Tekken's King? I was sure you do but this threw me off
King is one of the tallest characters in the game, he has the same range(or very close) as Drag and Miguel. Who the fuck has more range than him?

I worded that wrong, sorry. Not running on much sleep here. I mean super fast chasing attacks, aka gap closers.

His kicks in fact, have amazing reach.

There was a small mod that unlocks it permanently without using the code in the last thread. There was also a hitbox mode posted too

Wut? Are you literally retarded?
Tekken 7 has been the best Tekken so far multiplayer wise, it's better than ever before. And the story of Heihachi and Kazuya was fantastic. Admittedly yes all the other characters stories were lame, but I don't care because of how great the Mishima Saga was.

Oh yeah man, King's d/b+3 (I think that's the input) which hits low in particular has shitton of reach and leads to a combo if hit iirc and King goes so fucking low I swear it even crushes some mids. It's slow as shit and if blocked you'll eat damage like it's going out of style, but I still can't remember how many times I ate that fucking move on counterhit.
King can also wavedash so closing in isn't a problem either.

Harada get the fuck out of here, everyone's fucking tired of Daddy Issues: The Fighting Game Story

Pardon the cheek but any user who got the Steam version of KoF XIV is willing to share the digital art book?

Now, I didn't hate it, but (((fantastic))) is going quite a bit too far.

To me it was, always truly loved the overarching story in the Tekken series about how fathers and sons in the Mishima family are obsessed with killing each other.

Faggot also said
Which means he hasn't played any before 6.

Right, except I played all of them, and Tekken 7 by far is the best gameplay. You're deluded by nostalgia if you think the old ones were actually as good. They have greatly improved the gameplay with the new systems, for example the slow motion moments have removed the awkward moments that were quite common in Tekken.

DR is way better.

is that in-game? a buddy just got it for me so i can probably do that for you

That's not what happened, are you sure you're not just retarded? It was merely real in Heihachi's mind that he did nothing wrong, yet he DID throw his son off a cliff while knowing that it MIGHT kill him, he DID do all the other shit too in the previous games, nothing was retconned away. Also, he literally death beamed a skyscraper full of thousands of working people, massacring them all.

You're not supposed to think Heihachi was a good guy along, that's what Heihachi thinks, you moron.

the way you talk sounds weird

Because he's paid to be here user. Bamco is doing this on most websites.

Except he found out the love of his life was a lie all along who only married him to kill him and his son because they were evil (despite her making them evil) and then killing both her and attempting to Kazuya because devils?
Heihachi is now just a guy who got fucked over by devils and is raging against demonkind. He now did nothing wrong, because everything wrong traces back to Kazumi instead.

I hope they make an arc systems vs tatsunoko next,

sugoi intensifies

Go to bed, Harada.

im gonna want any sort of confirmation on that, I don't think bamco is gonna be paying anyone to visit a shithole like 8/v/, or any other company for that matter

Dude if Bioware were able to throw pennies at faggots who shilled here, then I dunno why Bamco wouldn't do it.

When did they do that?

when was this lol

Judging by this, I think it's possible to "snatch it".

Would have been nicer if a lot of characters weren't painfully obvious references to others like Shoebill-Leona or Crested Ibis-Toki.
Still, good to see that THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Yeah I'm quite sleep deprived after a long week of work, my bad.

That's fucking hilarious, Bamco totally has to pay for shills for the already very popular Tekken game that is selling way better than SFV did at launch.
Is it that hard to believe people like the game? Not everyone is a cynic like the average Holla Forumsirgin, the game is insanely good and I think most people who are Tekken fans would agree.

Also the Kazumi story is not meant to make you think Heihachi is a good guy who did nothing wrong, it's just meant to make you sympathize for a small moment with the biggest asshole in the series, and it did that quite well. I 100% supported Kazuya in the final fight, I think he has every right to get revenge and I can't really see anyone truly believing Heihachi is supposed to be a good guy here. He does many evil things even in this game, like the aforementioned murder of thousands of soldiers, IT guys, secretaries and all kinds of working people at the G-Corp headquarters. That building was full of people and he just nuked them, and you're here crying that Harada retconned him into a hero.
You're just fucking stupid, son.

tell me if this works
mediafire.com/file/zbpptpj8b12lhqq

Last year I think.

lol it's a 113 page pdf

hold on lemme figure out how best to upload this

That's a non-sequitur buddy, and the fact that you felt the need to compare sales numbers with a game nobody is talking about makes you seem even more like a marketer.
And then you try to prove you're from here by distancing yourself from the people here. Why are you so bad at this.

You're also a faggot, get the fuck out

Hell, Kazuya even calls off his soldiers when Akuma shows up at G Corp. He knew they would be slaughtered so he spared them so they could go home and be family men. Kazuya is actually the good guy here, though he has the power of the devil, you can see his intentions are in the right place.

Can't open it with freakin' Adobe; had to use the browser. That might be a problem on my end though.

PDF isn't my format of choice but I'll try to chop this up and make PNGs (wish I could full screen the pages though, unless they really are this size). Much obliged.

I think I'm hooked up.

Heihachi blew up a G-corp building. Kazuya decimated an entire town.

fuck nigger you didnt have to spoil the ending for me

I'm exporting all the images right now tho

That will be much appreciated as well then.

Fuck do you mean faggot that shit was known before release

i wasnt paying attention cause i didnt wanna FUCKIN SPOIL IT

CUNT IT'S LIKE THE FIRST THING THAT HAPPENS AND HARADA SAID IT MONTHS AGO IT'S A DUMBASS RETCON

And Jin declared war on the entire planet. Nobody's perfect.

You are one dumb fuck huh. Yes, let's go ahead with the insane theory that Bamco is paying people to shill a game on Holla Forums. Whatever shuts you up kid.

Yep, agreed. Also Kazuya did not choose becoming Devil, it was determined by his genes from the Hachijo's, so I don't think that can be used as an argument to say he is evil. While being "Devil", he actually cared about the lives of his men and spared them from certain death against Akuma. Also his entire motivation to kill Heihachi is because Heihachi killed his mother and beat the shit out of Kazuya and threw him off a cliff. So, emotions. He's not some cold hearted monster.

There are no retcons, you were already proven wrong yet you keep crying about something that doesn't exist in the game. Heihachi is still portrayed as evil as fuck so what are you so butthurt about?

sometimes I cant stand this games story for these very reasons

it seems like everyone's being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole, it's a global pissing contest, I have nobody to root for

Done glancing the whole thing and this is a bit odd but there's some stuff I happened upon on twatter that I'm surprised isn't here.

The whole "Jin started WWIII" arc was my favourite part of Tekken 6, it was way better than that cuck swede wanting to fuck a robot.

i mean

kazumi did turn into a demon and try to kill heihachi, it's not like he had any choice but to kill her

Bamco pays you far too much

Jin and Kazuya are fags

Now, I'm not arguing against Jin's faggotry, but isn't it canon that Kazuya raped Jun after T2?

Agreed, it really did feel like they tried giving us that in Heihachi in T7 but it just fell short because of all the objectively evil shit he's done.

Lars X Alisa OTP

Nothing is really known about their relationship except that they were apparently mysteriously drawn to one another.

I really hope they don't stay unused designs I really like the Ryo one

here's the KoF artbook all in 3165 x 2007 (300 pixels per inch, i guess everything was vectored so i went with the largest reasonable size that wouldnt leave my PC comatose while exporting)

dropbox because puush cant handle the size

dropbox.com/s/6q0e7am85d0xx4e/KOF artbook.zip?dl=0

Kuma x Josie OTP

tbh I kind of like the idea of Kazuya being this angry, and vengeful soul and Jun being the only one to reach him and sort of quell the devil in him, at least for a time.Basically their relationship from the old Tekken anime movie

bestiality is gross though

You still haven't managed to give a single example of a retcon in the story. Holy shit what a butthurt baby.

I dont know where you got Kazuya raping Jun, when its made clear that Jun likes Kazuya.

here's the same artbook but with smaller size:
mediafire.com/file/758z1r4yzo66w54/KOF_XIV_Steam_artbook.rar

But what's not made clear is if Kazuya likes her. I guess rape is the wrong term. Hate-fucking works better now that I think about it.

SOON

How about you take a swim in a lake of lava, Heihachi?

I agree, but Kuma has very high intelligence though. I bet he has way higher IQ than niggers as he can read, manage a company and outsmart Heihachi. He doesn't even chimp out. It's still disgusting if you think about it, though.

Kazuya not choosing to bond with Devil is a retcon. The powers of the Hachijo blood retcon the established story of the Mishima blood

No such thing was implied in Tekken 7. The scene shows Kazuya's eye lighting up with red glow as he lay on the bottom of the ravine, but that doesn't mean he did not agree to a deal with Devil. Devil appeared to him while he was unconscious.
There was never any established story of the Mishima bloodline having the Devil gene, it was just suspected, but Heihachi knew in earlier games he did not have it and insisted on it. He even sired Lars just to prove he does not have the Devil gene.
This is a pretty clear case of you just being butthurt because you love being butthurt for no reason. You're one of those people who will find something to whine about no matter what, because you don't know anything else than whining.

You're losing it buddy.
This was a retcon from Tekken 6 which Harada went full retard with in Tekken 7. Tekken 5 had Jinpachi who had the devil within him, then Harada said he didnt and it was "just an angry ghost", then he invented Lars to justify this, then he invented Kazumi who basically retcons Heihachi's backstory from an evil man to a man who lost his love and hates demons (and the timing of Kazumi's attack fucks with the timeline of Heihachi's takeover of the Zaibatsu from Jinpachi). This isn't even getting into how retarded Akuma's timing in the story is, and how he basically failed in his promise to Kazumi which was invented out of the ass just for tension.
Nobody's gonna be buying your game buddy, stop trying to sell it

Daily reminder that Tsuchinoko is the best friend

Now that you put it that way, I'd rather see Josie fuck Kuma in canon than, say, Bruce.

Wasn't that established in Wangs ending in Tekken 5?

Wangs ending actually establishes its a devil, as the fading evil looks like other devils and he curses the Mishima bloodline

if TxSF ever happens I hope josie and kuma are a team in the story

There was never any implication in Tekken 5 about Jinpachi being Devil. Never said "Devil Jinpachi" in his health bars or anything like that. It was always a vengeful spirit.
No it doesn't, are you really this unintelligent? Heihachi immediately took over the Zaibatsu after killing his wife. Within the same year he killed Kazumi, threw Kazuya off a cliff, and seized control of the Zaibatsu and imprisoned Jinpachi.
Akuma's reasoning for being there was best the way it was, as very nonimportant. It would be stupid to make him a plot important character since he's a guest character. "lol I owe a life debt" was a valid reason to have him in the story but not have him interfere with the actual main plot.
Right, except all those hundreds of thousands of people who already did buy it. Over 120 000 sold copies just for the PC version even, which is very impressive for a fighting game, as they don't tend to sell well at all on PC.
You're so fucking cute, you hate the Tekken franchise and its devs so much that you delude yourself into thinking all of the millions of fans worldwide are paid shills. Because nobody could like the game you so delusionally hate with a passion, right?

Absolute fucking horseshit lol. The delusion is strong with this one.

I can see where you'd draw that conclusion, but I'm pretty sure that was never actually confirmed.

too bad TxSF will likely have the same roster as SFxT.

I mean it pretty much was, since it was the only explanation that actually fit. "It was just an angry ghost" is a pure asspull, that has never been explained nor expanded upon, and is the only instance of such a thing happening, all so Harada could finish his fanfic.

I'm still waiting to goy for Luong.

Scholars, gentlemen, mvps and real human beans. Much obliged for humoring this fag.

It was literally never implied in the slightest that Jinpachi had the Devil gene. You're just growing a tumor.
It's not possible to write fanfic of your own stuff.

Except for the part where his ending says "Jinpachi's mind is consumed by the devil as he reaches his final transformation. The world will never be the same."

Smoke me you fucking faggot

Okay, just watched it again because it's been a while and especially with it's definitely confirmed.

Right, the non canon ending. Might as well believe everyones ending where they defeat Jinpachi is canon at the same time.

Might not be a bad idea, in this case :^)

Next we're going to find people that like SFxTK.

I liked the idea of it and want to git gud…

I still play it occasionally on PC. But the online is fundamentally broken because Games for Windows Live

xiaohai so good

Just enable it by default, SNK…. What's the command for the hitbox viewer? :P

I only play with girls

(checked)

Good

Plebs. The whole lot of them.

What's the most fun elemetal power fighters have? There's plenty of fire and lightning; a few have ice powers. KOF14 has a sand user. Where's the water-benders?

Dimensional bullshit.

Portals, reality warping, black holes, etc

I wonder if you can really beat her, or if this is the only option.

Kasumi x Mai looks fine because Mai has been imported to DOA.
Kula x MR looks bad because the artstyles don't match.
But yea, Nyo X Luong in the same artstyle would be nice.

Disappointed that VERSE can break dimensions but his fighting art is FIRE

You call this shit an improvement?!

Did the Smash community go all Rapefuee-mode like last year's event yet?!

What did you expect from the fgc? Max isn't gonna lose his weed money and "Career" of making shitty streams and Youtube videos to call Capcom and other companies out on their shit let alone admit he doesn't care about non-SF games.

They did. That the goyim are even stupider than they thought.

yeah this is more true. voting with your wallet doesnt work when shit like this happens

How do you figure that? It had way worse sales than SFIV.

I dont know about the recorded sales but in terms of the amount of people i see play it, the coverage it got, along with the state of making more money off esports then actually selling copies…… well I don't know to be honest.
I just feel it in my bones that sf5 was considered a larger profit then sf4

They're doing all their old kike moves plus Injustice's kikery and they're even throwing some new kike moves. And if this whole thing wasn't bad on its own, the game looks like a mess with character models that somehow look worse than in the games they debuted in.

We'll see if people will choose to wait for DBZ instead of getting MvCI.

Does Mai have the hottest body of any fighting game girl?

I'm starting to have doubts of DBZ beating MVCI with how dumb these people are.

It won't. People overestimate the popularity of DBZ and think their local scene represent the whole fighting game players. In my country DBZ isn't known for example but Marvel is still popular as fuck and MVCI will sell solely because of this

I think you're underestimating the popularity of DBZ.

So you're saying Dragon Ball is more popular than whole Marvel?

Among people who are interested in fighting games, apparently yes.

the only marvel thing that is popular is MCU now.

It's not. An average video game consumer doesn't use internet to search shit, they just buy the names they're similiar with in gaming stores. Don't overestimate the effect of internet, despite everywhere shitting on ME:A the game still sold about 3 million, you can check its codex thread for links. And Marvel because of its name alone will still sell more than DBZ game, you'll see when they're released

the average video game consumer is still attracted to dbz though

(checked)
ok just because sonshoukou is bullshit and also top tier doesn't mean the rest of the game is like…her

I'm with ya there because stuff like this would also be cannon.

Stop being retarded

I'm not. If you're going to treat multiple endings as cannon then you can't ignore the rest which contradict each other in the same game. I take it as this that the only cannon stories are the ones at the start of the next game. You can shout retcon all you like but all the Tekken games are filled with what if stories.

But this isn't "treating multiple endings as canon". This is the failure ending of Tekken 5 stating explicitly that Jinpachi is possessed by a Devil. Any character can achieve this ending through not continuing, you utter dense faggot. The ending states that "Jinpachi is consumed by the devil" which he can't be unless there's a goddamn devil in the first place.
So you don't play Tekken, since you seem to be unaware there's a sliding scale of tournament canon.
Because it is a retcon you mongoloid faggot

So when Leo is confirmed as female in TTT2 yet addressed as male in T7 yet wears universal female clothes are you going to at least accept that English translation always sucks in video games. Come back with your stupid argument when you have a very faithful translation of the original Kanji.

And I still hold the opinion that the only legit cannon in the series is the start of the next game. All in game events are what ifs and it's perfectly fine for a fighting game to have completely different outcomes for characters in the next game to any of it's endings in the previous. No doubt when Tekken 8 comes along the fight between Devil Kazuya and Shin Akuma will just be a what if but your autism will most likely not let this detail go.

I mean that's because Harada is a fuckwit again. It's supposed to be intentionally back-and-forth but she's confirmed female since Harada explicitly stated so.
How about instead of that you try and disprove it? Because you know, I've proven six ways to Sunday how this was a retcon and you're continuing to deny it because you're mentally handicapped.

Then again, you're a fucking retard since that would invalidate rivalries like Paul and Kuma's or Paul and Kazuya's since despite being canon those aren't mentioned in opening cinematics. It would mean Feng never killed his master, and that Wang and Jinpachi were never friends. Also it's spelled "Canon" you fuckwit.
So nothing ever actually happens? The entire tournament never actually occurred because it was an in-game event? I'm going to go ahead and conclude you're being retarded on purpose, since I simply can't believe anyone could be this stupid.

Likely when Tekken 8 comes out it will be a racing game featuring nothing but DC Comics characters, and you'll defend such a decision because "it's the legit cannon".

No it means translation sucks and the proof I can use is Harada saying it was a red herring. Prove him wrong by faithfully translating the original Kanji.

The thing about stories, lore, canon is that all of it (not just games but actual world history) is fickle due to unreliable narrators/scholars, perspectives and in some cases liars. Just take it on board that the only thing that matters is the events at the start of each game, this is not hard to do.

Stop posting lad.

Basically I want you to tell me why you could think that if every main series installment carries on from several threads maintained through gameplay. Like the PaulxKuma rivalry, which is not explained at the start of games.

Bear in mind that you should NOT play SCV under any circumstances concerning single player, as it is by far the worst. It's actually the precursor to Tiekken 7, with a shit and very short story, an Arcade Mode with no endings (so might as well just be VS), the vast majority of your favourite characters either gone or replaced, and no RPG elements.

2 and 3 were the peak. 5 is the hellish pit you yearn to escape from.

why aint tekken got a good tutorial
GG does it
KoF does it
SG does it
even Streets got a good trials mode
tekken got what, move list display/demonstration? that's it? dambn,,,,
yowza

considering it's the fighting game with by far the most distant gameplay from every other fighting game it's one that really would benefit from a good tutorial the most. SF fundamentals transfers to GG and KoF fairly well, but not to Tekken much at all

movement is so important in this game so the only "tutorial" being one that barely teaches you how to do combos is kinda unacceptable. there are so many things new players wont be able to learn without perusing third party sources and that really sucks

and before anyone goes like "oh muh accessibility killing fgc!!" no you retard it's called conveyance. you don't have to water down gameplay to make the game's concepts more apparent to a new player, you just have to explain the fucking concepts in a way that's understandable.

It's literally only a net gain and EVERY fighting game should have these sorts of tutorials. It helps the FGC grow and thrive to have an influx of new competent players.

Holy fucking shit this machamp play in the ceo pokken stream

they really dropped the ball by not including a tutorial, i don't think i've seen anyone argue otherwise. even if you generally understand 3d fightan there are a bunch of system specific nuances that are obscured for no reason at all.
they also should've put frame display into the game, recovery display is okay but it's basically a less precise version of the same thing.

embed isn't working for some reason
youtube.com/watch?v=5zGiU2Gi6e0&

Ded Thread but Killer Instinct Definitive Edition just got announced for Steam and has cross buy with Xbox and Windows 10 at CEO.

Link with more details?

twitter.com/KillerInstinct/status/876205714070319104

Just an announcement for now. Jebailey said at CEO that Xbox and PC purchases transfer to steam version as well.

So can windows 7 play it now or what?
I'll fully be up for it if I don't need 10 or it doesn't have denuvo.

Maybe. I know KI has a DX11 mode, so it depends on if MS wants to allow it or not

Well I'll hope for the best because I need something to use my Tekken 7 refund on

new thread