Why are Browning Hi-Powers so rare in video games compared to 1911s?

Why are Browning Hi-Powers so rare in video games compared to 1911s?
imfdb.org/wiki/Browning_Hi-Power

Because when most people hear "Browning" they think of pic related, not a pistol

Sounds believable

Because they have low capacity, heavy, and outdated.

load of fucking shit. The hi-power is never obsolete!

It's simply not as iconic. My favorite HP in gaming was in GMod 1942 RP.

I've got a mod for Left 4 Dead 2 that turns the pistols into Hi-Powers. It's pretty gud.

I'd say that this is what most people think of when they hear "Browning". But then again I'm not American, so I never had my grandfather tell me stories of how his squad's support gunner could mow through nazis like it was nothing.

forgot pic.

9mm pistols today have 20+1 rounds capacity and weight less than a kilo.

But do they kick like a mule?

Because they're little niggerfaggots. Browning Hi-Power was Saint John Moses Browning's magnum opus. The best handgun in existence, period.

MGS5 did have a BHP look alike, the soldier with the fancy shooting and non-tactical engraved pistol was it.

no because its >9mm

Then its shit

It doesn't kick anyways, it's a steel and wood pistol. It's a smooth, straight shooter.

No, you're shit.

All pistols kick like a mule. This is why snub nose revolvers are better.

If you just want to go cray cray, buy a pepperbox instead.

What difference does it make? Glock, Sig, Browning, in a game they're all just generic pistols

Pistols are shit
Nothing beats an XM8 anyway

Because next to no one gives a flying fuck? Generic firearms and made up names all day, erry day and the spergs be damned.

Pistols are good if you want to have a nice small package that have the potential of killing someone. But most of the time, they only stop the raging nog beating your head into the pavement, 9mm or .45, they're not as good as rifles at killing people. But again, it's compact + concealable that makes pistols appealing.

Fun fact, congress tried to add pistols to the NFA, but everyone and their grandmother owned one so that shit didn't fly.

Because the 1911 is way better known. No guns call Browning Hi-Powers 1911s.

What would Zim Zam think?

That's who I was referencing, fucking Flanders.

For one thing, without getting into the .45 vs 9mm debate, the 1911 is the original, definitive, and still most common .45, while the Hi-Power is just one of many common 9mm pistols and lacks any particular features to distinguish it from more modern ones.

Also, the 1911 was used by the US through WWII and Nam, and while the Hi-Point has seen widespread military use, it's never had the same moment in the limelight.

I-is this some new /k/ meme?

Double action .38 revolver does the job. Pistols are only useful when they're fully automatic.

all shitposting aside i've seen a recent and completely unexplainable resurgence in fishgun praise. don't worry, i don't understand it either

Fish Rifle was going to be the future
Fucking Burgers wouldn't let it happen
Look at this beauty, its like the younger prettier sister of the G36
Looks futuristic as fuck too
Could have been the next P90

What a shame.

The barrel is too short, handicapping the muzzle velocity. There aren't any iron sights. It doesn't use STANAG magazines. It's fucking shit, and always was.
top pleb

Enjoy your melted plastic garbage after a firefight.

r8 my raifu
thank

The caliber debate is stupid anyways. I forget who exactly wrote it but this guy's findings were that the mere presence of a gun, regardless of caliber, is enough to ward off 95+% of attackers and of the times a weapon was fired caliber made a negligible difference. Just have a gun and practice every now and again and you'll be fine until a nigger with a flak jacket tries to rob you

10/10 wood para furniture would fug

Fuck you, fish and bullpup are the future

Top tier
Meh, like it in most firearms, not on this ome though

Fuck off fat weeb.

Hue

The Hi-Power was the default pistol in New Vegas. Obsidian's gun taste confirmed for kino

boy these are some cool looking glocks in this thread

>>>Holla Forums tropes

Obsidicucks can't design their own guns.

thx bb

Pic related.
I actually got it with wood furniture so it wouldn't intimidate my hyper-normalfag friends and family as much.

What did he mean by this? I'm fat but not a weeb.

Better that designing rule of cool garbage that cannot even function. That abortion you posted looks like something from Ratchet and Clank.

Enjoy your brass ejection issues.

Holy shit this thread made me realize that Holla Forums is nogunz as absolute fuck.

No it wasn't

Speaking of IMFDB, I'm currently making the page for Digital Devil Saga 2. Were there any guns in the game besides the player character's guns, the Lokapala NPC's guns, Jenna's revolver and the Karma society's lances that clearly aren't any real gun?

same reason FALs are, nobody knows how common they are/were. also the AK74.

is that a FAMAS?

G3s exist?

Didnt /k/ come up with a way this gun would have worked?

because numbers on your gun make it cooler just look at the ak47 or 44 magnum

Because no major power used it as a sidearm. There, that's your answer.

Really? I usually think of the 30. machinegun when people say 'Browning'
The BAR is usually just called the BAR.

Because vidya arsenal is selective.
Like the Grease Gun should be ubiquitous but most WW2 shooters give everyone on the US side a Thompson and the Grease Gun might at best be some super rare hidden gun (e.g. CoD2).
I saw more Hi-Powers and Grease Guns in non-WW2 games.

Because developers are talentless autists who never touched a rifle in their whole life - even if they claim that they did to get the "true feeling" of it. We rarely see absolute masterpieces like the FG42 either.

Post more /k/ triggers.

(checked)
Impressive very nice.

Enlighten us then.

I_understood_that_reference.gif

Soon, my brother

What happened to that SKS?

Enjoy your China tier plastic shite my man.

fucking faggots should've stuck with musical instruments

Whats the best /k/ game?

get away of there, follower

I thought the gunplay was suppose to be kinda garbo in leave this vicinity, tracker.

lel no. The fucking thing melted during testing more than once.