Is anyone else concerned about these?

Is anyone else concerned about these?
In order to get everything this game has to offer you need to:

Nintendo isn't just adding DLC to their games but also creating more and more amiibos with locked content behind that most likely won't be supported in future titles.

But you're probably right.

never forget its okay when nintendo does it

You can get a thingy that holds up to 200 fake amiibos. Just add new ones to it as they come out.

Really hope someone gets to work on a NFC spoofing method to bypass the need for these. I still want a powersuit samus one for my desk

I'd rather buy the 4 I want with that money.

Depending on how many games you want to play it's not going to be enough, considering thatr every single one seems to get some extra Amiibo bullshit attached to it.
So you need the new as well as old figures to get the whole bloody game.

Is that Urbosa on the right? Show us more.

Do you need to re verify amiibos at any point? Once you have one of these n2 things you could remove older ones correct?

The Mipha one looks so shit, too

I have to wonder if they make the white plastic holder look like that on purpose

They all look pretty bad tbh

I want to race mix with Urbosa.

Goddamn that's a huge dildo up her ass.

The Daruk one looks cool, though the overall build quality on them does look poor yes.

Amiibos are a cancer.

serves you right you shitty 1 dimensional soulless horribly voice acted bitch

its ok if nintendo does it

I still remember when amiibos were coming out and people were claiming they were totally different than DLC. I mean yeah, you get a little figure but they don't really come off as the kind of thing you'd display most of the time as the build quality is McDonald's toy tier half the time.

If you don't need that many Amiibos you can also just get as many NTAG 215 as you need from AliExpress. They only cost a few cents and can be turned into Amiibos easily. You can't rewrite them though.

Honestly I can't think of a single game with Amiibos I'd actually want even if they didn't have them.

Does the amiibos work differently than the ones Disney used?
If not then it shouldn't work that way. I played with my nephew's 360 and you have to scan the figure everytime you play the game to get the figure's power or shit.

It depends on the game. In stuff like Mario Kart you go to the specific amiibo page and scan it once to permanently unlock the Mii racing outfits.

In BotW you need to enable the amiibo ability from the settings, then scan and amiibo. If it was a limited run amiibo for BotW it will drop from a pool of determined items, and depending on what you scan depends on that pool. You can keep what you get but you can only scan any amiibo once daily.
Any non special amiibo will drop a collection of useless materials.

Ah fuck.
I meant to say, I played with my nephew's Disney Infinity on the 360. The one where Nintendo copied the figures thing.

It's only bad when nintendo does it.

OP, pirate the Wii U version and use the guide in my next post.

No, it's ALWAYS bad. There are just more people that make excuses or forgive nintendo. Jesus Christ, your post, talk about fail.

Though, even though WE can get it all for free, that certainly doesn't stop other people falling for these greedy business decisions.
I did read that the budget for this game was roughly 100$ million, so they are definitely trying to recoup the costs as much as they can. I bet this game wasn't even finished either, imagine how much more they would have spend to make it 100% complete if there was no deadline.

Welcome to ten years ago, where back then people just dismissed you as entitled, a fanboy of a rival console, or just annoying nerd that wanted to piss on other peoples parade. It's almost impossible to convince the average joe you meet not give into this shit, let alone a million dumbfucks. The only solstice I have these days is I can get the games with pay a single cent to these fucks.

They're probably just going to function like the other amiibos for this game, where you get a chest that gives you a chance to get the champion's weapon.

OR
You can pirate the game + DLC directly from Ninteno's servers using Uwizard
Play the game on a softmodded Wii U
Use cheats to get everything they've locked behind amiibos

Will cum ruin their finish?

Speaking of which, how long do you think it will take for a pirate friendly cfw for the switch to appear? Nintendo isn't known for locking their systems down, not a huge surprise since they can't even do online well.

They locked it down pretty well, I don't think it even had a web browser since that's been a easy vector for hacking, but hackers found a way around it through DNS redirect or something & were able to access internet with it.

On certain older firmware of the Wii U you can go to a website in the Wii U's browser that loads an exploit which allows you to load Homebrew from the SD card. Later on, this allowed installation of better exploits. So all it takes for the Switch to get hacked is to access a certain payload over the internet that would exploit it for Homebrew, but it will take a while for hackers to understand the software enough to exploit it & will take even longer for them to release said exploits since they want to find as many exploits as possible in case Nintendo patches one out there then will still be a way in that Nintendo is yet aware of.

a couple of minutes of searching showed me that there are already people poking around to the point they have a basic cfw working and yelling at everyone not to update. No one likes seeing anyone do it for free.

No offense to the manufacturer, but they kind of look like Happy Meal toys.