sorry, deleted the last one by accident

Other urls found in this thread:

e621.net/post/show/1219836
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

smooth

WHY COULDN'T THEY USE THE OLDER STYLE
I WANT CARTOONY MARIO BACK, NOT THIS UGLY DULL PASTY CLAY STYLE REEEEEEEEEE

I want cuckchan to go

It really does suck, although I'm curious to see what a Mario RPG would look like on Switch.

Good, I hope. Probably not good.
It's depressing how they do everything fine at first to make you fall in love with it, then do a twirl and slap you in the face

I still think the best of this series is the soundtrack.

Yes

it reminds me of mario rpg though

With none of the charm

k

This remake doesn't.
K.

I'd look more closely

at what?

The game in the trailer using the same engine as Dream Team?

wow, Mario looks cross-eyed there.

At how there is nothing similar, not even the sprite style. The only semi-similar thing are color palletee

youre going to have to try harder than that to convince me

Jesus fuck you're retarded.

I see, you're just "pretending" to be retarded and misquoting every post I make. Alright. Carry on.

You know I could be wrong, wasn't Superstar Saga's art desaturated because of the GBA screen?

it came out after the SP so probably not.

What do you mean? I only played it on the SP, and it looked fine to me. Though, ripped maps and wallpapers look better for obvious reasons.

well then, say what you mean if you dont want me to extrapolate

A lot of GBA games were desaturated and brightened to compensate for the nonbacklit screen of the original, I couldn't remember whether or not SS was, I only mentioned it because I remember it being kind of Pastel

I did, and you keep putting words into my mouth. Why not go back to elementary and relearn what you missed?

Must have been your screen. I don't remember the colors being abnormal compared to the gifs and rips we have now.

nah, you speak in half phrases and leave the rest up for interpretation, but now you want to back out because you realize how ridiculous youre being..

Sure thing pal, I don't pick on the disabled. So I'm just gonna end it here.

you should if they confront you, and i am willing to lead by example.

Fuck it, why does there have to be annoying as fuck things to be forced into these games?

it's not actually the little Corn Pops looking fuckers. just a pointless minigame with a coincidentally similar name to fool morons.

They're talking about goombas nigga

It's not, thankfully. It's just an extra minigame

They're talking about Goombas you fucking retard

Yeah strange how Bowser's inside story had a really damn great soundtrack. Same with gameplay too, one of my favorite DS games bar none.

God I hope they won't but I know they are going to fuck this up somehow.

They better not fuck up the battle theme.

Nice visual "upgrade".

>Super Bros moves (possibly indicating removal of Advance Bros entirely)

I regularly play Super Star Saga, so I've got it still fresh in my mind. I swear to god I hope I'm wrong on a lot of these, because holy fuck not even letting you switch bros positions misses the point of the original entirely.

It's like, the entire point of the original was
And everything reflected that. The graphics, the gameplay, the world itself, it was all so well done.

The art in particular I'm fucking livid about, because the Giant Luigi sequences in Dream Team already demonstrates they could do the OG style justice with 3D cell shading. When I think of a SuperStar Saga remake, I think of fucking Wind Waker, not lifeless cardboard cutouts.

fuck

All lines will be re-"""translated""" by treehouse.

And another thing.

The entire game was built around the switching mechanic, and multitasking with the bros. Right down to the colors of the fucking NPCs you'd meet.
Every time there was something for Mario, Luigi had a counterpart.

Mario can spin jump? Luigi can high jump.
Luigi has Thunderhand? Mario has Firebrand.

And it worked so fucking well, conveying the message that "each bro is just as important as the other" right down to the game being fucking amazing if you co op it on a gameboy player.
And this is all just fucking thrown out the window, now it's MARIO (& luigi) instead of Mario & Luigi. Like every other god damned game post SSS.
Christ, even in the one where he supposedly is the main feature, you're really more only playing as Mario with Luigi tagging along.

NO NO DO NOT EVEN JOKE ABOUT THAT!

Finally! Someone understand my autism!

There's no way this is absent since it's a key gameplay mechanic in the entire game. It would be more of a hassle to redesign the whole game around not switching bros. at this point.

SSS just never struck me as a game that needed a remake. It did everything great the first time, and I think the graphics and animation still hold up today.

I double checked, and yeah, you're right on that.
Which is a huge fucking relief, for the reasons I stated if they were actually going the route of having Mario always in the lead, and just having R switch to High/Spin jump on the B/A buttons.

But yeah, I was actually playing it earlier, to really compare it against the footage shown, and it's just shocking how much they get wrong here.

it always seemed to me like some key members were lost on the development team going from SSS to Partners in Time. The lack of bros. moves (still better than any of the items in the sequels), the stiffer animations, and a lot of little things felt off to me in Partners in Time. I think the main creative force that came up with SSS was dissolved or split apart over time, which has lead to the current M&L games. I hope they eventually do a Switch game and do it real justice.

Switching was a core mechanic if they removed it they'd remove half of the game. There's no way they could be that stupid

Holy fuck everything lost it's charm

Y tho? GBA games don't need remaking.

Looks horrible, but better than i expected. Will still buy it because the original game is my childhood.

are you kidding me????? this looks ancient XD who wants to play this games XDDD

I mean, of all the things Nintendo could remake, they pick a game that's barely aged at all? How about anything on the NES, Gameboy or N64 that they haven't already remade?

Oh god I can't stop barfing why did you do this to me user

I couldnt find anything without filters on my 5 second research. If it makes you feel better, it hurts my eyes too

The original Superstar Saga suffers from only having 4 buttons not including d-pad and start/select. Its very clunky in its controls. The game also suffers from the GBA sound card producing less then amazing sound.
That said the remake looks bad visually.

If I want to get into the series, should I start with GBA games or DS ones?

Start with Superstar Saga on GBA and go by release order.

they all aged well so go in order

I'm guessing it's incredibly easy to work with Dream Team "engine" or whatever? Already 3 games under it's belt with this aesthetic and feel. Seems it's being thoroughly milked.

That song even goes with this
e621.net/post/show/1219836

why the fuck did I click this

It even goes with this!!

Mario & Luigi: We Ran Out of Ideas.

IT HURTS

what was the second one?

Thanks doc.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

is that the new battle theme? Tell me it's not

Superstar Saga had the best style period.
It looked very unique compared to the DS M&L games which lost the unique designs for enemies, items, etc. and made them look more like in mainstream Mario games.

Superstar Saga had the best style period.
It looked very unique compared to the DS M&L games which lost the unique designs for enemies, items, etc. and made them look more like in mainstream Mario games.

What the fuck is even the point of remaking Superstar Saga? It still holds up perfectly to this day, the only thing it really needed was a hard mode and more bro moves.

They're remaking it so they can do stuff like this, more than like.

I've got the felling they made the boaser minion game first and tried to think of a away to charge full price for it so they glued it on to a quick remake

I have a feeling this is nothing more than some boot-camp style project for new developers.

i was just thinking that

Considering all the remade assets there's no way it was a quick one, but probably you're right and the minion game is what they were going to use before Paper Jam threw a wrench in things. PJ was definitely made with reused Dream Team assets.

Superstar Saga just had some issues flipping through moves to manuver and backtrack through areas. Many of these were streamlined in Partners in Time.

lmao

I can't hear you

The second one is actually from Paper Jam. They remixed it for the tutorial theme.

Biggest piss-off with Paper Jam is that it didn't revert the battle theme back to Superstar Saga's when they were alone without Paper Mario in those Boo woods.

I thought you were talking specifically about the engine.

Oh, well, that was paper jam too. Dream team, Paper jam, and now the Superstar Saga remix all use the same aesthetic and are all on the 3DS.

you literally just fucking die if you fuck up your timing on cackletta's fight

If YOU DIE IN THE GAME. YOU DIE IN REAL LIFE.

At the very least it could benefit from the touch screen controlling how you switch through the bros moves. Best part of Paper Jam.