Video games aren't made for us anymore

Video games aren't made for us anymore.

That's why we're all so unimpressed with everything shown at E3, why we're all sick of modern games. All the little 14 year old brats checking their twitter feeds right now are the ones that're excited by these games. We always thought we'd stay with the times, stay relevant. We got old Holla Forums.

Didn't we have this exact same thread yesterday

Great, now watch the nintendo conference.

Only thing that excited me was Mario Odyssey. So I know for a fucking fact I didn't get old, games are just garbage and corporations have manipulated the impressionable youth into having low standards.

No shit sherlock. Any other obvious truth bombs you wanna lay on us?

If there was one I didn't see it

Just mention odyssey and only odyssey. The rest is dogshit and you fucking know it.

I don't care about another Mario game or a sequel to a trilogy that didn't need one

1999 was almost 20 years ago

This Mario is different though, it's nice!

Oh my god no

I was almost 30 when the first E3 happened and it was awesome up until about 2007 or so.

It's not that "video games aren't meant for us", it's that "video games aren't meant for the player".
Observe anybody who actually eats the trash those companies are spewing. See if any single one of them is doing it for "fun". They all do it because they want to be LE PRO ESPORT GAYMER, or to socialize with fellow normalfags.
That's why the games are so shit yet still succeed.

So was odyssey, nintenfriend.

We have this thread everyday, in one form or another.

Monster Hunter World was awesome and so was Fighters Z.

Odyssey was awesome! It's like a drop of water in a sea of rotten putrid shit.
I'm not getting a switch just for it but it's still really cool

It probably is but I've played so many I just don't care anymore. Which describes my gaming experience in general these days.

MonHun looked cool but if I never got to play it I wouldn't be that bummed. 16 year old me would be insane with hype and excitement right now.

Games suck ass nowadays, but even if older ones bore you then try getting a new hobby. Oversaturation happens and it makes everything seem dull, or you're depressed.

Remember watching the first episode of pokemon on tv?

That was 20 years ago.

lmao faggot no wonder you were disappointed

I remember arguing in school about whether or not saint seiya was gay to watch.

The only thing that has a chance of killing this shit is the bloating of budgets. Things like day one dlc, paid mods, and the hamfisted attempts at forcing e-sports on games is a sign that game sales alone aren't cutting it anymore.

I tried watching it.

Couldn't last more than 20 minutes for each conference, they were so boring and my eyes hurt from all the rolling.

I was born 22 days after it aired
I'm so young and I already hate games today
You older folk had it good before vidya was mainstream
At least future generations are becoming more aware of the kikes and becoming more conservative

Don't you mean Knights of the Zodiac?

WHATS THE MATTER CUCKHOLDS?
DID YOU CALL HIROSHIMA A GOOK OR SAID SOMETHING A MOD DIDN'T LIKE FOR A 3 MONTH BAN?

Welcome to 2007. How fucking slow are you.

I thought saint seiya was the english title. I wouldn't know because I'm a BR.
Although in portuguese that's the title of the brazillian version.

That is one shitty ass cover, holy shit

Isn't this what's been going on for well over a decade? People get immensely hyped at E3s, then the games turn either okay, shit, absolute dogshit, or "cringe-worthy but well remembered because of nostalgia and people refusing to let go while waiting for the next sequel and pretending the problems of the former title barely existed" scenarios.

Odyssey is the only one that is actually good though, and that's because they managed to surprise everyone. But it's still too early to talk, since it looks like it's pretending to be an open world title while it just looks like a collection of levels, so we must hope that it's at least an enjoyable collection thereof.

Other than that, all the other titles have problems.

We had really low standards too, user. The problem is that back in our days, people making such games were either innovative, masters of their craft or literal stuck up autists who wouldn't turn down a challenge. Also they made games hard on an economic purpose and it ended up being a really good thing for us.

Speak for yourself you brainless troll

Mandate daqui caralho

Now the challenge is gone and people can no longer make something creative out of limits, right? Damn shame.

I was in highschool that time.

PRA FORA MESTIÇO

The problem is that bideogaems when mainstream. Normalfags don't want to play games, they want to play interactive movies. Once consoles got powerful enough to make that possible, it was game over.

Mas eu sou branco e mais que você

MP3 always had a teased sequel in the credits you newfag. Be happy that Nintendo finally acknowledged it again after their bastardizations with other M and federation forces

I like to think that limitations were what sparkled the actual race between developers, software houses, consoles etc.
I mean, think about it, they used to try and pull off insane stunts, like having condoms tied with game presentations, adverts that mocked each other or other titles to no end, booth babes, increasingly great graphics that just blow your mind away by each iterative improvement, demos that were the first couple of the pretty much finished product instead of custom-tailored experiences to make sure you take the bait and most importantly LENGTH (especially with obscure PC games of old). It felt like it was a constant race between companies to see which one would withstand the test of time as well as which one would grab in the largest fanbases of devout hobbyists.

Nowadays, there's no more limitations, but also no more costs or (which I think is more important) actual competition. I remember the time when games were cancelled, pushed much further away from their debut date or completely redone just because some other major title (i.e. Halo or CoD before it became Cowadoody) would drop in the same week, and you sure as hell don't want your semi-mediocre game to compete with that, so you either buckle up and make something memorable or give your devs a bit more time and they manage to make a game that would at least be remembered by those who bought it post the holiday season. But now they just shit out titles still in beta, finished versions require patch after patch, DLC is included in your downloads, consoles with next to Terabytes of memory can't handle fucking TETRIS (a true story, apparently whoever programmed it not only gave each block persistent presence in the data, but also forced every x-ty frames to be dedicated to checking online connection for social media and DRM purposes) and everything is just swallowed in a matter of hours. And it's not necessarily the companies' fault, we can have the entire story mode of any game dropped on jewtube in a couple of hours post game's release, reviewers themselves let themselves be bought out so you can't grasp which title is actually good from whoever's a good goy enough to give it a high score and insincerity drops from every word out of indie and major devs. Companies are just listening to whoever has the money, and contrary to popular belief, not only do normalfags not care about whatever agenda or content your game has, they CRAVE something safe or samey. People don't have TIME to play games, but still want to. That's why Let's Players, Streamers, e-sports and the like exist.

It's not even about the kind of games, it's about the amount of them. Of fucking course back in the nineties there were a ton of horrendous games, but you didn't exactly get to pick many having the exact same concept or the exact same gameplay at any given time. Even Mascotte Platformers tried to stand out from the crowd. Nowadays it's just a cash grab, as these companies make bigger and bolder and more games but that lack any kind of substance.

I just really want hobbies to get back to where they used to be. I can't deal with having to leave blanks in backlogs because even though these games pertain to series I loved, they just don't even faze me. I am not even getting angry at them anymore, just defeated by how much I'd like to play something without having a checklist of problems that may or may not pop up permanently emblazoned in my mind.

Video games series should spawn 1-3 games then fade into memory and let new things be made

It used to be that the first game would be incredibly memorable, the second one would be the masterpiece everyone remembers when mentioning the series because of the devs tinkering up all the aspects that weren't polished enough in the first one as well as adding new features and the third one would be two, but with so much content that sometimes you'd feel uneasy at just how much the series had evolved.

Your opinion is objectively shit. Some of the best games dont come along until after they get their shit together after 2 or 3 games, sure MANY companies put out turds of rehashes but theres still cases where we get some excellent games like Metroid Prime games coming well after 4 games in the series.

Another point of note is the internet. For 90s games - especially consoles - all the content had to be on the disc - there was no patch/download option - devs had to put it all out there, best that they could, or they'd get no sales. Now they can just release it in bits, half-assed, and still make a return.

Name a few

If it was up to me the Prime games would've been under an entirely new name and have nothing to do with Metroid

You got it wrong, video games just got pozzed and full of non-whites.

Video games was always an Aryan's hobby

It was pure and innocent

But now we have niggers raping its corpse

We didn't get old

Were to white for the CURRENT YEAR of video games

I only hope Ren can save video games for the rest of the Aryan race

Oh look, a LARPer.

Worse, a Holla Forums LARPer screenshooting his post for shitty arguments.

I don't know what screenshooting is, but I have no idea why you'd think that.

I prefer to let them sit rather than hold them.

Sequels are the pulsating tumor of modern vidya.

There are times when I wonder if I am simply becoming too old for video games, but when I look at the games on GOG or try old ROMs I realize that no, I did not change, modern games really have become just shit.

It can't be nostalgia, some of the games I loved are older than me, or at least I would still have been shitting my diapers at that time. Vid related has awful graphics, stiff controls, but the game itself is pure adrenaline and great fun. I played through the first two games will all their expansions and it was glorious, it was like stepping into an alternate universe where games don't suck.

we can go back

No, this is just the degeneration of society brought on by (((them))) which is taking effect on videogames now. Vidya is doomed until the world becomes un-cucked.

It's like poetry

Nintendo is children games for gay babies. You can't be an adult and like Nintendo or own their products. There are no Nintendo games for adults.

Reddit spacing because long post.

Let's be realistic. Games only blew our balls off when we were little because we hadn't played as many. We were easier to impress.

Go back and play the games you missed that everyone says were "good" (not talking about the 10/10 games) and compare them to modern games "normalfags" say are "good". They usually have about the same number of silly frustrations and hangups for an overall decent, but no better than that, experience.

SMO is a landmark game that is going to blow our balls off guaranteed because it's the synthesis of so many different ways of approaching the concept of a Mario game- there's a little bit of Galaxy, a little bit of 2D, a little bit of 64/Sunshine and a little bit of 3DW, plus several concepts that people have been clamoring for for a while that they hadn't done up until now. This is an exception. This is what you have to do nowadays to impress. And Nintendo is literally hedging its future on BOTW and SMO. It's hardly a surprise that they are fucking stellar and the games around them are also surprisingly innovative (with the exception of Splatoon 2 which is a porthash but that's fine) because they know that's what they have to do. The next Mario game is probably going to be a Galaxy 2 type deal because there's hardly anywhere to TAKE the formula, as shown by 3DW, the game after Galaxy 2, being "why don't we put the 2D in the 3D" (for the record I liked it anyway). And then by Odyssey 4 people are going to say Nintendo needs to come up with something new but continue buying the games anyway because there's nothing really wrong with them yet as long as the level design is good. Cowwa Doodey thrives on this, but attracts hatred because there's no real reason to release a whole new game when they're basically just level packs and new campaigns, and not complete curated experiences with a certain pacing and direction like a Mario game is. So if anything it would just work even better for Mario. There's hardly any way for them to improve COD even if they wanted to.

I guarantee that the Yooka-Laylee guys probably had the talent to make something like this but promised a game exactly like Banjo but Bigger and Better, so that's what they made. And I thought it looked fine based on the Oney videos though I didn't buy it because broke. It's harder to come up with something nobody's done before, so most people don't bother. The last game to create a genre was… what, maybe Infiniminer? We're literally running out of good formulas.

The reason video games aren't blowing our balls off any more is a combination of these two factors- they're slightly less adventurous, and we've already seen most of it before. It's not because they're getting worse. I realized long ago that half the time when Holla Forums says "shit" it's mediocre but worth your time, decent or even just subpar compared to something else but still good.

And for the record I really liked Undertale and Night In The Woods but that's probably because I'm an emotional fuck and they spoke to me in lots of ways. Holla Forums should stop shunning anything it thinks is an SJW game or nontraditional but that's not going to happen as long as it cohabits with Holla Forums. I even played Depression Quest just to be fair and I could explain to you why it's mediocre but not offensive as someone who actually likes Twine games.

Am I easy to please? Maybe. I think the last game I played that I straight up did not like was Hatred and several MMOs. I don't play video games as much as I should because I'm broke and don't have much free time.

lol opinion disregarded

You must be one of those retarded normalfags on ign who pretends to love everything

Greatest april fool's prank

Back to cuckchan

This

Faggiest shit I've read in a while. I always thought summer was a bit of a meme but this one hit Holla Forums really hard.