S.T.A.L.K.E.R. thread

Just finished Shadow of Chernobyl, holy shit.
What are some good SoC mods that are not for the graphics? Just give me anything guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersgate.com/DD-STALKER-BUNDLE/stalker-collection
mega.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A!kwVnhZTb
mega.nz/#F!cktShbib!DaB6pfiOLD0D8I5af4VDsQ
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/ZRP_FAQ.html#GameVersion
mega.nz/#!QeRlxbrI!EROtxZ3BGy1Zklm2ZiHN6NIPo7jyO3NLA2Gv7852FUA
stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_drink
ru.stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Энергетический_напиток
moddb.com/mods/translations/downloads/path-in-the-mist
mediafire.com/download/jhkadghtxx8ac1x/SPECTRUM_PROJECT.7z
moddb.com/mods/translations/downloads/path-in-the-mist/#4625946
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZyqBI70RFiON8OaAQt23fpFgRmbPHrq0818Ap2nCG0c/edit#gid=0
exhentai.org/g/888615/4e9bf79297/
youtu.be/sj5dgdVIwow
youtu.be/HZ29bIhlR2U
youtu.be/soAZMHZWMbQ
youtu.be/5cIKFzLHqm4
youtu.be/EJNrpCF5KUY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

AA

If you're crazy you can try complete, then theres amk which you can combine with arsenal if you you want more weapons.
I'd also reccomend to try lost alpha just for shits and giggles and misery if you can mod the mod makers autism away, it becomes OK then.

RAY OF HOPE NEVER EVER
Does anyone have a new list? mine is outdated.

Misery is for CoP tho and lost alpha is a stand alone if I recall right. Forgot to mention.

Oblivion Lost :^)

Still need to play vanilla Clear Sky one of these days, then I can jump into modding with no regrets.

Its rude to pick your nose in public or do it at all

after the swamp, don't join any of the factions for a faction war because it has no actual impact on the story and it doesn't work properly outside of the swamps. Also dont give bandits your money, money is really hard to earn in Clear Sky and they will take every single one of your hard earned rubles. As a bonus try not to murder the bandits trying to rob you and you can do bandit quests for an option to join the bandit faction as well as trading stuff with the bandits, they'll still try to rob your ass occasionally at checkpoints if you don't join them though.

Sounds like a cue to murder them all.
Are the quests worthwhile?

+trade stuff*

Emergency bump.
Guys I have never played stalker anything, is there a chart/start up recommendation image?
Or basically what version with what mods do I play first?

pick any game
vanilla.

There are tons of versions, revisions and mods that supposedly fix original content.
Do I just pick up whatever the fist thing was released without anything?

dude just fucking play vanilla in release order
lol?
the game is perfect as it is, just play the game.

Lol yourself bitch nigger.

are you going to play the game?
I've played stalker and you haven't.

I'm just annoyed by your shitty attitude.
I'm downloading gog collection, according to wikipedia Shadow of Chernobyl is the first one so I gotta play that.
Do I use slav voices for full immersion?

flip a coin,

Fuck you.

Don't bother. I was stoked for CS when it originally came out and bought it day 1 and man was I disappointed. The swamps are really cool to play through at first but everything afterwards is downhill.

I won't be satisfied until I've seen it all.
I think I could probably be ok with the right mindset.

I understand the feeling. Really if you end up quitting don't bother trying to get back into it. Just go play the faction wars mod for Call of Chernobyl

So ok I'm playing SOC and I get weird frequent 1-2 framedrops.
Changing graphics doesn't seem to affect it, any known fixes?

This is actually solid 9/10 bait. Very nice.

Vanilla CS is pretty bad. I wouldn't worry about losing out on much–especially the bullet sponge enemies even with master difficulty on.
I just have reclamation project and armory mod installed(if I remember their names correctly), and its a lot more bearable, imo.

As in you're dropping 1-2 frames, or do you mean 1-2 second framerate drops? If it's the latter, chances are it's the alife being switched on as you run around (or if it only happens around fires, that's a separate issue that is also fixable). You have a bubble around you, and this is your alife switch distance. When NPCs enter that bubble, they get activated, and this causes a minor stutter. By default the bubble is 150 meters, so one way to mitigate this is to increase the size of the bubble to something like 500 which is big enough that no matter where you are on most maps, everything is going to be loaded. So you'll trade a slightly longer initial load for no stuttering. You do need a decent PC (think decent ~5 years ago) to do this.

Personally from that list I'd recommend AMK or AMK Autumn.

Shadow of Chernobyl with ZRP, google will find it. If you can't stand the slightly dated graphics download something like Photo Realistic Zone 2 but it isn't necessary.

SoC might want Zone Reclamation Project. Other than that play it vanilla. That the game is unplayable and bugged to shit is a meme. It works fine for the most part, no worse than Morrowind anyways.
Either skip CS or play it vanilla. It's an okay game but not great.
Just play CoP vanilla too. There's no major bugfix mod or anything for it because it's fairly stable as it is.

Of course, but Morrowind has 3/10 gameplay at best. It's only remembered fondly for the same reason the next generation of kids liked Oblivion. It was babby's first 3D Open World RPG and had a memorable soundtrack.

It's also a game that most people on this board have played and they got through it just fine despite it being slightly messy bug-wise. I wasn't comparing the gameplay quality, I was comparing the stability.

Should I mod CoP before playing it? If so, what modu's~?

I almost beat SoC without mods then installed OL and had hilarious times in bloodsucker village after killing most of the bloodsuckers when a blowout hit and almost died hiding in a building trying to find the magic pixel that would keep me safe. After it passed I tried finding the rest and encountered like 4 dwarves and more bloodsuckers came out of the woodwork. I decided fuck this I will employ the help of the assholes who camp out near there. Well all of them died and I encountered a fucking controller standing close to their corpses.

I'd bet it's less than 10%.

gamersgate.com/DD-STALKER-BUNDLE/stalker-collection

You can get all the stacker games for 9 bux they activate through steem. Or you can pirate them, whatever. Though I am P sure CoP used steam.so good luck getting that working.

Yes, hope u got trigged. Also nice trips and dubs

Domain:gamersgate.com
Registrar:NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Registration Date:2003-07-21

Also, give me some tips on starting CoP.

It's worth it, it's just a smaller experience. The final leg of the game is trying and not in a fun way.

I have been trying to play that Call of Chernobyl mod on Steam but when i try to leave/change areas the game asks for a disk image and then crashes, is there any way to fix that?

It's fine vanilla for your first playthrough, at most I'd recommend getting a mod that removed the terrible English voice acting and replaces it with the original Russian stuff but you'd be robbing yourself of the authentic experience that way around…

Well the part I loved about SoC was that most characters yelled at you in russian (ANOR CHEEKI BREEKI). You did start to pickup on what the fuck they wanted you to do or at least got the jist from repeated encounters. Honestly prolly one of the reason I could never get into CoP was the fact that everyone had goofy russian accents.

How good are the subs for actual important dialogue?

The major problem with CoP is how open it is, but how linear and empty it feels in practice. You can go to any point of interest on the map right from the start, but there's basically nothing to do at 80% of them until you've started their respective quest (some of which are unlocked much later), which makes exploration boring when you just waltz into an area, kill a few mutants (if that), maybe find a shitty stash and move on, only to be told to come back there later because now some shit is actually going on, or you got a higher tier detector so you can sprint through real quick and see if there's any hidden artifacts there. Because of that, you're incentivized to just follow the story and knock out side quests along the way instead of organically exploring the zone, and that's a shame because it completely misses the point of what STALKER was supposed to be about.

The downside is that there are no mods that fix that issue. You're still going to be running around a big, boring and empty world. I'd personally grab Arsenal Overhaul, since it'll at least give you some solid gunplay which can make the experience slightly more entertaining.

Generally pretty good, you can get a lite version of the mod that only replaces non-storyline VA also. I don't have a link on hand but I could probably dig one up given ~10 minutes.

Yeah i understand Steam is shit and all but is there any way to fix that? Should i just play the mod without opening Steam then?

mega.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A!kwVnhZTb
You probably only need the Original Russian Voices mod, sadly that one doesn't have a lite option but it should still be understandable. If subtitles are missing get the subtitle mod from that same link.

Assuming you didn't fuck up and install it over CoP or something, yes, just extract the mod and play.

Actually found the full and lite versions from the nerd who made them. But that link should be useful for other shits and will prolly just install subs mod anyway to make it easier.

mega.nz/#F!cktShbib!DaB6pfiOLD0D8I5af4VDsQ

Backup save and gamedata folder, do an integrity check in steam. If it still fucks up, reinstall game then mod then try to load save.

Good to hear user, if you have any problem with that mod (it's a bit older and all) make a post and ask for help but I doubt you'll have issues.

CoC is a Non-Steam Standalone Mod.

Well goddamn, I did me some stalkan. Also holy fuck I did not realize I can just equip 2 guns in either slot no matter what until like 2 hours into the game.

CoP does kind of feel big and empty at times but when I do get into firefights it is fucking hectic as always. They did make shit a lot harder compared to SoC. I keep feeling like I am going to run out of ammo gunning down some of these dogs and snorks.

The highest monster killed seems kind of dumb considering you will kill the highest and it will just stay like that for the entire game.

What did user mean by this?

the mods are all shit that wont make much difference, you can always add a billion guns and fuck with the damage so the game feels more realistic and less of like a fucking rpg

Post more jahans.

Slots aren't limited by weapon type in CoP, so instead of having a "pistol slot" and a "rifle slot" you just have two "weapon slots".

Low effort.

Less breeki, more cheeki.

Going to get drunk off vodka and try and play. Proper stalkan.

See u on the other side user-chan~ ;^3

So I just finished SoC and I'm going straight into CoP. Is the game fucked? Do I need any bugfixes to unfuck it or mods to restore content?
Any good graphics mods?

MISERY if you're up for a real challenge or Stalker HD Project if you want purely visuals. I don't know if Stalker HD Project comes with Arsenal Overhaul so in case it doesn't - just install it yourself.
Delete everything, download game again, and install Call of Chernobyl. Then go through the mods' addons page and get weapon mods, graphics, grass, etc. Also install "Call of Chernobyl HD Models Addon" to improve the NPC models. Call of Chernobyl is what S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 would have been were it to release.

If you have a decent system that runs every other game at Ultra/60fps then it's the autismo's game fault. To fix that simply go to the Call of Chernobyl's shortcut, go to properties, and at the target path simply paste "-noprefetch" at the end. This makes the game assets and textures load when you're closer, rather than loading everything during the level load screen. And no, you will not notice any asset or texture popping up. It loads them from way far away.

You better screencap this because I bet you will forget almost everything. Happy stalking user.

Kill yourself, I don't care. That last memory part was a bitch to solve because practically no one was arsed enough to make a forum post and the worthless modd evs never reply anyway.

Gameplaywise you don't need any mods for CoP on a first playthrough.

Bull fucking shit.

Oh no way it's actually true. No way I'd have worked that out on my own.

Yeah I only randomly found it out by not thinking and trying to put a shotgun in the second slot then blew my fucking mind when it worked. Prolly going to write a tips list once I complete the game. A semi-spoil SHIT THAT WAS NEVER EXPLAINED THAT HELPS IMMENSELY type thing.

Going to post some ancient thing I put together for 4chans Holla Forums in like 2007 or something. It covers only stalker SoC vanilla as plenty of guides existed at the time for mods. It is mainly meant for pure unmodded stalkan deliciousness. Might be useful for anyone who has never played SoC, so 90% of this board. Apparently it is too long so I am going to post it separately.

Also, why must you do this stalker, tempt me with your sweet little lies.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R SoC Vanilla general tips
1. Set your weapon to single or two burst shot. Everyone complains that the guns are inaccurate or they are constantly running out of ammo. STALKER attempts to be realistic so going full auto at a target 50 meters away results in like 5 bullets actually hitting. Whether this is realistic or not is beyond my gun knowledge.
2. If running low on ammo, pick up weapons and right click to empty the ammo out of them. It is not much but in a pinch it can save you.
3. Right at the beginning you can get a merc suit Climb up the ladder that is by the guy that gives you the first mission, walk along the siding to get onto the roof, run across and jump to the other building, walk over to the corner that should be open and a box sitting inside of it, knife said box to get merc suite, save before knifing in the case it is pushed inward and out of reach. This will make the start a fuck-ton easier.
4. Walk up to the soldiers at the bridge with your weapon holstered and you can pay 500 moneys for safe passage. The default key for holstering is H. You should of course know this by then as most stalkers refuse to talk to you with a gun in their face.
5. Avoid fighting if you can, it is pointless to waste ammo and health when you can just run past. This is survival horror game. Anyone who has played resident evil before it became a fun-time arcade shooter should already know what to do when encountering enemies.
6. The game gets a lot better after you get the documents at the research center. This is pretty much your first major mission and can be completed in around 2 hours.
7. When going to Streloks stash in the sewers you can turn around and go out the way you came, I suggest doing so due to popping up right in the middle of the research center and pretty much getting your ass handed to you.
8. Keep multiple weapons that use separate ammo, I usually carry three just in case. Preferably have a light low power weapon to take out minor annoyances, a mid-range assault rifle for stalkers, and a heavy one for tougher enemies/groups/panic moments where you think you are fucked.
9. Have at least one extra armor. Unless using mods you will not be able to repair armor. Even if using mods, you might not be able to get your armor repaired if going through a lot of shit.
10. Carry one or two food items, they weigh way too much and you only get hungry around once every 24 hours. Flip side, carry a bunch as you can spam them for cheap healing.
11. If you are feeling frisky, attack the military base at the beginning and run back to the starting area, hide with the trader and wait out the ensuing battle, watch out for military popping down in the stairway.
12. The Freedom have a huge weapon stockpile in their base, help Duty attack them and reap the delicious rewards, the one noticeable weapon is a grenade launcher, or kill duty and attack them yourself.
13. Also at the freedom base, a SVD silenced sniper rifle is located in the second barracks in a room located on one of the ends.
14. To make the run to the brain scorcher easy, keep freedom on your side so you have safe passage to their territory.
15. Bloodsuckers are piss easy when they get a face full of buckshot.
16. Be sure to have quick bandage/medpack bound to something easily reached in a panic.
17. Also remember the key for switching ammo for weapons, it makes it a hell of a lot easier when using armor piercing rounds on soldiers.
18. You get access to a scope after you kill the guys you first encounter in wild territory(the place that you save the scientist and/or let him die), it honestly is not worth trying to save them as you have to haul ass through like 20+ .
19. After saving mole and running over to the tunnel, after he thanks you, talk to him again he gives you the information you need.
20. If the game suddenly throws a SAVE OUR ASSES mission, you can ignore it and let them die if you feel like it. After they are dead, check their bodies then your PDA, if they were supposed to advance the story you will get the info they would have given you.

21. You can gain access to the bar early if you go over to the door being guarded by duty and kill at least one mutant.
22. You can also try and gun them down to get through as well. This has the side-effect of pissing off duty so have fun killing everyone just to go there. They also respawn every time you leave the area so it is not advised.
23. Check all stashes that you can access, they usually contain useful shit, if one is shoved in a very irritated area or it is full of anomalies, ignore it as usually it is not worth getting.
24. If you see a STALKER who has a weapon you want and is neutral and is alone, kill him. Headshots or knifes the head will kill em' fasquick like.
25. Controllers in Vanilla are easy, run up to them and knife them to death. With mods they will rape you, unless you have a grenadda launcher run away with a trail of urine and feces following behind you.
26. Shotguns I believe are the most powerful weapons that you have easy access to until of course endgame.
27. There is a merc suit located in the small building directly to your left when entering the base where you save mole. This the precursor to the %document% fetch quest.
28. Loot every good/in good shape weapon. Making monies in stalker is P. much based off this.
29. Never wander at night. The liklihood of you dying increases by 50% coupled with you can accidentally bump into enemy stalkers (fucking hilarious as it is I would not advise it). Can make some places easier if you are only going to being encountering humans. Muzzle flash gives them away P. nice.
30. Never run around unless you know for sure that the area is safe. More than once I have run right into a anomaly and got myself killed.
31. SAVE CONSTANTLY, every 3 minutes you should be mashing F5. Make a base save through the menu every 20 just in case you quick save 2 seconds before a grenade blows your ass up.
32. Pissing off a faction is not good for your health. You become shoot on sight for anyone affiliated with said faction. Note: If a stalker is affiliated with a faction and alone, killing them will not anger the entire faction. Assuming no one sees it.
33. Ultimate cheese mode Quicksave, right-click stab someone in the face so it instantly kills them, quick-reload, you can now stab everyone in the face with impunity with no reaction. You have to make sure to kill them in one hit or the magic is broken.
34. MOST IMPORTANT RULE: No one is really that important, everyone can die throughout the game. Do not take missions from random stalkers walking around due to the possibility of them dying is very high thus making you instantly fail the mission, if you complete it and they die you can still check their body for whatever they were going to give you. This is not the elder scrolls where important NPCs pass out after getting a sword to the brain.

Masochist run.
1. Kill everyone you can.
2. Never wear armor.
3. Use grenades to test for anomalies.
4. (Optional) Only use the knife.

You do know that you can just throw bolts right? IIRC it's the same key as the binoculars

Yes, that is why I put it in the masochist run option. It was a joke.

can't you just knife or shoot those items out from under the grate with a pistol? Grenade if you're feeling wasteful

Disgusting. Hard saves only at the beginning of each level transition.

Thanks fam.

Well that was when the game would just randomly crash so I made base saves all over the place since I had a few times where the game would crash on loading a quick save. Could still be true considering I was playing 1.5 at the time.

Also, I get the feeling I am over-prepared.

not only are you not a true slav, but there's no way you're going to use all of that in one outing

No problemo.

Bandits are getting more sex than me :(

Am I better equipped now user-kun~ ;^3c~

I played the whole game with a pistol by my side

Hey fags, I just got Shadow of Chernobyl today. What am I in for? Also, should I play the whole game with no mods what so ever? Even those mods that fixes bugs and glitches that are present in the game?

Fixed

Look up Zone Reclamation Project (ZRP), it's a bugfix. Apply that then play for the first time. Maybe consider a texture replacer if you can find it and if you really want one, but honestly the game's graphics have aged pretty well and looks pretty good vanilla

I posted some sw8 t8s m8

I was hunting with uncle yar, and who do you know payed us a visit? But good ol' cousin jimmy. Pictured is cousin jimmy trying his best to distract uncle yar why he lines up a shot on some brown tailed mercs. Silly jimmy :3

sup, fuckboys

I am Ukrainian and I only recently started playing this game (SoC).

Now, I have installed ukrainian voice+text (gamedata.dbu) and ZRP, but I have 2 issues.

Any ways to fix this?

Also, any good graphics mods/just mods/ways to stop stuttering in-game?

I chuckled.

That is the default energy drink icon and model m8. The fuck is up with these modders hating grey STALKER energy drinks?

Try disabling AA, that is usually what causes stuttering. Also make sure to run it off a SSD

Did you extract the language text and audio files from the gamedata db and put them into a folder called gamedata or did you straight up copy over the db file itself?

Taking this from their FAQ

Will the ZRP work with the [NA|US|WW|CIS|Russian|Ukranian] version of the game?

Yes. Some optional custom database files (gamedata.db*) will not directly work with the CIS/Russian/Ukrainian version, but their contents can be extracted to a new gamedata directory just before overwriting it with the ZRP gamedata.

metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/ZRP_FAQ.html#GameVersion

YOU HAD ONE FUCKING JOB ZULU

fucking retard, you don't buy stalker because GSC doesn't get the money

They do get the money you fucking retarded faggot. They have full rights over the game. Westgames and Vostok got their asses blasted away.

I'm not going to bother typing out an entirely new list for someone asking the same question that shows up in every fucking stalker thread and that would be answered in ~3 seconds with google.

Handguns do still have the niche advantage of being useable with a detector.

GSC now =/= the GSC that made SoC, CS and CoP. The fat cunt that actually owns the rights to STALKER shut down the original developer and then opened up a new company called GSC a few years later.

Same company, same rights, many same developers. .
Kill yourself faggot.

mega.nz/#!QeRlxbrI!EROtxZ3BGy1Zklm2ZiHN6NIPo7jyO3NLA2Gv7852FUA

Here if anyone wants this. It is the call of chernobyl mod with a bunch of the major addons properly merged, prolly saves like 5 minutes over doing it yourself. If you want AO then ur going to have to download and merge shit urself ;3. No settings or saves are present. The extra fsgame.ltx is for if when installing the dynamic hud that you copy over the fsgame.ltx provided. This will break the warfare addon. The one already in there has the entry for modded UI elements already.

Just unzip and launch Stalker-CoC.exe, it will automatically find your CoP directory and load the required files (fucked around with putting in a bunch of different places). Allegedly there is checking if you have a purchased version of CoP but I assume that is just they hardcoded the directories to load from and/or checks if it is installed instead of being ran standalone. So assuming you have it installed and it is in the default directory it might be fine?

You can start as a zombie by pressing Z on the character creation screen. Spoilers: The only friends you have are other zombies. Truly the Holla Forums experience.

Misery is fucking cancer, at first información thought the game was difficult because of my shitty gear, but i dropped it when información bought one of the most expensive suits and tushkanos would still kill me in 2 hits

What the fuck is wrong with this phone no bully pls im posting from work
Meant to say I

Also, Freedom Base infinitely respawn on every zone transition, and since the bar is nearby the base you can easily grind out hundreds of thousands of slavshekels.

Short of time-travel shenanigans I fail to see how exactly their joining a company that was not founded until ~March 2012 would result in GSG shutting down in ~December 2011.
[citation needed]

I tried playing Stalker, outside of the comfy music in town the entire game is shit. The meme checkybreki bullshit, this game is ridiculously low compared to say.. something Todd (3 or 4) made.

I mostly fixed in by enforcing AA in Nvidia Panel instead
Basically I took ukrainian lang files, Unpacked them and translated what I needed.
in Shadow of Chernobyl it was this

Disgusting, you can't go fast like that and I bet you won't even fight a dog pack with only a knife.

Are there any news about Call of Chernobyl 1.5? Is it even coming out?

It most certainly wasn't.
stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_drink

No wait, seems it was in the russian version. ru.stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Энергетический_напиток

Damn, playing with CoC is fun. Fucked up the mercs base and basically neutered them completely. Think I may have committed merc genocide ;c

Is that from the warfare mod or what? Is it as chaotic and silly as people make me believe it is?

Yes and yes.

If you're going to post crops, at least put the source in the filename you overwhelming faggot.

I've been having the biggest itch to play stalker
specifically RoH but thats probably not gonna be finished until 2019 and ive played every other mod in existence and misery 2.2 is doing a good job not existing cause all I want is Taz and misery needs to finish for Taz to finish.

Just realized nobody has posted this webm yet.

Just play DayZ. If you're not up to date, Ray of Nope will be an MMO shooter that you can only play on the official servers. No coop, no private servers, no mods, no hope.

Do you have more comfy videos like this fellow stalker?

Do any full retexture packs for the vanilla weapons exist for CS/CoP? I'm not looking for something that actually remodels all the guns, just new textures that aren't quite as awful overtop of the awkward mirrored gun models.

Is there a way to add marks on my map in SoC, like mod or something? Because that would be very helpful.

Oh yes it is

Honestly the best way to play it is prolly play as monolith since everyone hates them all the time.

Shit it would be fun if things did not flip flop like crazy.

99% chance the user that posted that has no idea the source either

This guy is more prepared than me, what the fuck

bump

Are ten-on-one encounters where you have to tactically kill a whole team of bandits one by one by yourself the game's way of discouraging you from doing something/going somewhere, or am I just bad?

Sounds like average stalker encounter honestly. Use grenades and go for headshots. I usually take advantage of recoil and aim just below the head and fire. Assuming you are at the second map encounter in SoC after the bandit extortion part you can run away without any negative consequences other than missing out on loot.

Also the warfare mod can be a bitch with the questlines addon for CoC, you trek half-way across the world only to have to trek all the way back because the guy you were supposed to talk to is now an enemy.

Aim for head and try sprinting.
Your binoculars can pick up targets although equipped it's fully zoomed in. Get an exoskeleton.

What part of the game are you in? Late game that shouldn't be a problem and some encounters (like the Dark Valley base in SoC) were actually designed to be stealthable instead of just charging in the front door.

Do you have to fight them? Why not just avoid them? Which will cost you more?

Very early. I'm finishing up Agroprom Underground and I know the spook is coming but I'm still scared of it

If it doesn't come up in iqdb or image search, I'm not going to crawl through a hundred pages of results in panda to find it. Saving generic filenames is idiot tier, the original cropper probably had a proper filename.

I'm trying "Path in the mist" right now. It takes place in all the beginning areas of the zone, but tons of underground labs and extended map stuff. There's 6 types of arena challenges (no pay for it though. What gives?), A bunch of new Artifacts (new designs and stuff). I've only gotten to the new Bar, so I can't give a full report, but it's breddy good (except for the bullshit hit squad that took 15 grenades and still didn't drop). Other than that though.

Links:
CoP is the base game

ModDb info:
moddb.com/mods/translations/downloads/path-in-the-mist

Mod:
mediafire.com/download/jhkadghtxx8ac1x/SPECTRUM_PROJECT.7z

Translation:
moddb.com/mods/translations/downloads/path-in-the-mist/#4625946

Bloodsucker hunting with just a knife is fun.

Just remembered I have a Mod Repository (some don't work though). Enjoy

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZyqBI70RFiON8OaAQt23fpFgRmbPHrq0818Ap2nCG0c/edit#gid=0

Nice one user cheers
If memory serves it's a registry check
-skip_reg

What is the better place for them?

Just use some shit like pastebin or whatever the share thread cucks use.

Pastebin does not support spreadsheets. Unless you legit want them to reformat everything into a text document at which point you can do that yourself because lolololol that is going to take a long goddamn time.

You could export it as a spreadsheet file then post it on mega or some shit but why go to all that trouble for whiny internet nerds? Especially when they can just download the file themselves.

how 2 download files from google docs for the dumb

The more i come to 8cucks the more I realize they are whinier and more demanding than any other imageboard I have been on.

Source is "A Half Bodied Toy 3":
exhentai.org/g/888615/4e9bf79297/

Ah, if you mean the opening fight in the Underground against the bandits then yeh, that's just a case of a difficult encounter. It isn't to discourage you but you'll have to use a few nades and a bit of luck to do it. You should try going down there in an ironmeme CoC game.

Feel free to go back to cuckchan any time. Polite sage for off-topic

I want to go full Rambo in RoH

Has there ever been a character in STALKER that retired from the zone? or is it an addiction type of scenario where no one can really leave?

I did a fun ironmeme role-play run as a rookie loner abandoned in the middle of the zone who just wants to get out in one piece. Start as a loner in that upper-floor apartment around Pripyat and try to make your way to the most southern part of cordon along the road through the army base.

Another ironmeme roleplay/challenge I have tried is making 500,000 rubles and "leaving" the zone in the same way.

It would be cool if COC offered optional meta-objectives and end-games in a future release. Simple stuff like "perform 50 missions for your faction and then leave the zone" or "your best friend entered the zone months ago and hasn't been heard from since, find him or his body".

Bump

You could add something like 'escape from the Zone from Pripyat starting as a Zombie' to that list.

more stalkerish songs.
I'm preparing a playlist for the many hours ill spend in RoH

youtu.be/sj5dgdVIwow
youtu.be/HZ29bIhlR2U
youtu.be/soAZMHZWMbQ
youtu.be/5cIKFzLHqm4
youtu.be/EJNrpCF5KUY

Is there a way to get Svarog Detector in Call of Chernobyl? The Damn thing is hard to find and most stashes are just pure shit and Traders don't sell any of them.

Get lucky at a stash or get lucky at a merchant. The only one I managed to find was on an unmarked stash at a grave just outside of rostok near the tree with the hanged man. Otherwise I hear your chances of finding one on a merchant significantly go up once you have the heavy pockets achievement for accumulating 1,000,000 rubles.

I had heavy pockets too, but it still does not spawn/buyable yet

I added them to Nimble and had him selling them for something like 75,000.

wait, Nimble sells Svarog?

user added it to Nimble's shopkeeper's list.

ok, where can you find the config files?

Autumn Aurora 2 is my favourite mod for SoC.
It adds new graphics, new weapons, Blowouts and some other gameplay mechanics.

How THE FUCK am I supposed to play it after all? Just not take any quests, because givers get constantly offed by bandits?
And on other difficulties it's just super boring to shoot the same dude for 1 minute before he dies.
Any mods to address this without changing game completely?
I mean unkillable NPCs is bioware-tier cancer, but this is straight up reverse situation where I just can't complete any quests.

f5 hard and f9 hard.

oh and have fun rescuing the hostage in the bandit camp. pro tip: drop a weapon

You can't be fucking serious. I'm getting down to savescumming!

gamedata\configs\misc\trade\trade_nimble.ltx

Under the section [trade_generic_sell] I changed the ; NO TRADE entries to:

detector_advanced = 5, 5
detector_elite = 5, 5
detector_scientific = 5, 5
detector_simple = 5, 5

Under [supplies_generic] I added:

detector_advanced = 1, 1
detector_elite = 1, 1
detector_scientific = 1, 1
detector_simple = 1, 1

I forget what the numbers mean now, I read some editing guide a while back and based them on that and a bit of testing.

I think it has either to do something with the price or how many they can stock, pretty sure it's the latter.

It's both actually, atleast I recall some file having values for how much does it sell / buy based on the base value. It's a multiplier added to the base cost in the items own file.
Some trader files also include how much is stocked and at what propability if I recall.
I might be wrong since I've played pretty much every mod and everytime they're a bit different.

Two chims blocks my path ;_;

wtf I hate CoC now

Doesn't work that way at all. In CS and CoP, the only thing that happens when you raise the difficulty is that the player's damage resistances are tanked, and the player's chance to "dodge" attacks is reduced. In SoC, weapon damage is actually globally lowered as your raise the difficulty, in addition to the above changes. What does this mean? On Master, NPCs actually kill each other about 30% slower than Novice.

tl;dr - You got meme'd, and shit doesn't even remotely work the way you think it works.

How come there's no spiritual successors to Stalker being worked on?
I know there's plenty of mods.
I know there's a decently sized community that still plays it.

Why is nobody passing the flame?

RIP zone of alienation. I loved that shit before it basically died on a mostly broken final release.

Anyone else here play OGSE 0.6.9.3? I really enjoyed 0.6.9.2, and parts of 0.6.9.3 are really great, but the amount of content they cut between .2 and .3 kind of annoys me. A lot of the more interesting weapons, artifacts and other loot that were in .2 are just gone in .3 for one reason or another (apparently most of the weapons were cut because they wanted all weapons to be moddable with their new system or some shit). The map sizes and many of the questlines in .3 are really fun, despite a few completely bullshit annoying ones (finding a specific, unmarked stash with a randomized position is a recurring objective and it's always annoying as shit).

When I first started playing this game and I had heard so much about immersion and atmosphere, I was really put off by how easy it is to die. Pretty immersion-breaking when so much stuff kills you so fast and you're constantly reloading saves. I only realized recently that it actually makes it more immersive, because no other game has made me care so much about staying alive.