This Day in History, June 12th

Other urls found in this thread:

factusgames.com/blog/second-world-war-naval-gameplay-carriers/
mega.nz/#!qBJESSJI!-qeFf4ySYKlyERrgctYYLlHwZ6TIBqJbYAsJ_RSCMIM
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6709545/VeF_3.5.7z
kinguin.net/
filedropper.com/steamapi_8
mega.nz/#F!xwpEVLKI!CmxIJhMLDKnyCBK7VwYdWw!xgAQhLoK

economist.com/news/china/21723459-how-will-affect-xis-chinese-dream-china-has-been-poorer-europe-longer-party
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Silver

I heard that MEIOU&Taxes 2.0 beta breaks colonization. Can anyone confirm? I don't want to drop my portugal game

rate

not ordensstaat / 10

LE PLATE

Navarre just conquered the Canaries. While having 2 provinces and being Castile's vassal

What are your predictions for Parajews future?

My bet is that after they end releasing dlcs to CK2 and EU4 two teams will be moved to making dlcs to HOI4 and Stellaris, while previeus teams will be shifted to make 2 new tittles probably Europa Universalis: Rome 2 and some cold war gsg game

Disgusting

It was garbage in the last thread and it's still garbage today

Vicky III is next, so get ready to have the corpse of the best game they’ve ever released dug up and raped by niggers. Literally.

There will also be events about mass rape of your native population that will give you prestige points

Are you autistic, user?

Don't even reply.
Anything that isn't Germany having its modern borders is le ebin grossgermaniums for these spastics.

Killing the enemy will lower your warscore.

You know, I can already see it.

What party is best for an uncivilized nation? Conservative? Nationalist?

Bait doesn't deserve doubles

Whichever has state capitalism and pro-military, really. Right when you're done industrializing you're going to want to hit the ground running building an industrial base before turning it over to interventionist or even laissez faire to let the capitalists really take off your industry.

How?

how are you supposed to do industry if there is no coal

That's what the pro-military/jingoism is for

Liquor factories ;^)

From what I've seen the problem is that the AI doesn't colonize in a timely matter, leading to an ahistorical lack of colonization. But you can colonize just fine.

I'm less then hour into the game and I'm already getting my ass kicked. How the fuck am I supposed to play this shit?

I'm playing Austria in Victoria 2 with the HPP mod and want to eliminate the filthy Prussians. HOW THE FUCK DO I DO THIS, GERMANY FUCKING OUTPERFORMS ME IN ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING. I HAVE TRIED LIKE 20 DIFFERENT STRATEGIES AND GOT MY ASS KICKED EVERY SINGLE TIME. send help pls

Well not being retarded is always a good start. Let's just get on with your problems so far:
U-boat the fuck out of their navy or go deal with them like Dunkirk.
You can take out Poland without any proper Tanks really and those tanks are meant for Blitzkrieg
Right now you can reverse all your troops towards the French border before cutting them off from their supplies and then running like fuck to Paris

There's your problem

GOTT ERHALTE, GOTT BESCHÜTZE!

how about not leaving the french border practicallyy defenseless? You don't need your entire army to crush fucking Poland.

They recently increased the prices of almost every game and managed to piss off even the forum cucks. They might not be selling so well.

Damn you suck at this game. Alrighty, what you need to do is maneuver around the French in the Rheinland, stall and Dunkirk the Brits in Holstein and Ostprußen, and let the Soviets take the rest of Poland. Issue a general ground support/attack order for all your aircraft, and a little shore bombardment with your surface navy wouldn't hurt.

How am I doing so far? I started with Malta then took the Baleares and Sicily then moved up Italy killing heathens along the way. Now I'm trapped between muslim countries with better technology than me and I have no allies. I'm not really sure how to expand anymore because if I'm at war with one the other will declare war and their tech is better than mine.

You can't just post something like this and not explain what the fuck is going on

Every single thing about this map is wrong.

YAMERO

It's an alt-history scenario from miscmods where Europe is completely wiped out by the Black Death and now all these muslims are trying to colonize it. Pagans survive in northern Norway and Estonia. Also China, Korea, and the Japanese daimyos get a bunch of bonuses and their AI changed so that they colonize the Americas.

That red country in Italy was "Ruma" which was also muslim. They were purged shortly after this save was made.

And you willingly play this shit and give it advertisement?

But user, they already axed East vs. West.

No I'm fixing it.

It's actually based on a book, "The Years of Rice and Salt".

You know it is possible to entertain alternate scenarios where Europe was ravaged ever so slightly more than it was in reality to the point of near total annihilation without being le kill all white people.

You don't think Norwegians or Estonians are white?

Fuck.

Best way to make swastika in US states? I want to try it as the CSA in Victoria 2.
This is the best I can do without touching the southern states.

I'm certain that you're not literate.

Is it going to be worth revisiting HoI4 with the expansion and patch tomorrow?

Why the fuck would you want "better graphics" from HOI 3, anyway? More accurate gameplay would be useful.

Left facing swastika is a lot easier.

I think that's just what was expected, not wanted.

I'll probably play a game as Romania, but no. why did I let them suck me in with pre-paid DLC

Sic transit gloria /gsg/
You niggers.

Here's some actually interesting changes for CK2:

Hopefully they'll try to combine Total War and EU.
That shit has so much potential.

Ally Russia and France to swarm them.
They have better army tech,industry but they have less manpower.

Or try to take them out via attrition with forts while you take the powerful army supplies making provinces

t. Europe in 2030

There needs to be an option to turn off Holy Orders, or at least turn off Catholic having access to 3-4 of them in an average game and steamrolling if they haven't died by that point.

Catholics get their holy orders way too early because in the not-1066 starts the muds will always fuck up southern France, triggering the "Christendom in danger" event.

No matter how hard I try, I can never seem to get the Germanic holy order to pop. Do you just need to hold Pomerania?

It's quite a feat to be even worse at command than Hitler.

Sure thing, bro

But if I fabricate a war they won't join me and I don't have a proper Causus Belli to justify a war.

What are you talking user?
Paradox is doing juuuuuuust fine

Their own kikery is fucking them over. The state they released Stellaris in was fucking unplayable, and while they're trying to make up for it with a DLC stream, it's still nowhere near complete (since those idiots once AGAIN prioritize adding new shit over fixing the old, broken mechanics) and HoI4 is a fucking travesty.

That reminds me, isn't the last DLC for CK2 supposed to come out this year?

I'll believe it when I see it. From what I can tell, Paracucks are set on milking CK2 for the rest of eternity

Looks like even normalfags are getting fed up with Paracucks bullshit.

I think that paradox has grown too big for its own good, its just harming them to have that much employees
But instead of cutting on the teams and focusing on Quality > Quantity and better more finished games
But of course they wont do that, they will try to chase more profits, they will try to bait investors and milk audience more, i just hope that it will bite them in the ass but not enough to destroy the company, just enough to shake things up, cut on the budget and focus on smaller more niche releases like back in the day

Has there ever been a case of a super greedy company completely changing their way and redeeming themselves?

Nigger, what quality? What they have going for them is their niche and nothing but.
As for their growth they're trying the Arab method of diversifying oil with tourism or whatever by branching into publishing.

Absolutely. :^)

The last acceptable game was CK2. Paradox will never be good again.

FUCKIN SWEDEFAGS

Their older games like HOI3 HOI2 VIC2 and EU3
Those games were good and less popular than current Paradox releases, paradox has basically gone mainstream and its clearly hurting the quality of the games that they release

Beat me to it.
They hired marketing directors that have complete control over the firm and are fucking over everything. Soon, they'll be sold to EA or some other major publisher which will churn out Hearts of Rainbows 5 and die miserably.
It's pretty much over and the modders will continue the work.

The potentially redpilled historical games with complexity aren't welcome here.

fucking dumb kikes trying to get the normalfags in.

I still remember when they said
Bullshit
It baffles me that they menage to sell shit that can be easily moded in under 3 hours

What's the difference between EU3 and EU4?

Manapoints, better badboy system and arguably better diplomacy. Also EU4 got much worse with patches.

As someone who played EU1 and Crown of the North when they came out I'll just say you're full of it.

Isn't EU3 the game where not even the complete version has all the DLC?

As someone who played HOI3 and Vic2 few years after they had come out I'll just say that i had loads of fun

They do it with literally all of their games now. A DLC adds one new mechanic, the rest is shit that could all be easily modded in in a day. I think they're just lazy

There used to be a Chronicles release that had all of it but the jews seemed to have pulled it at some point.

And that's fine and reasonable but I can't help but feel like screaming when someone goes muh old paradox and doesn't give SSI, Holistic or some of the others their credit.

I heard from several different people over the years that they treat the patching and dlc as proving grounds for their new devs and interns.

This is not regular jewery, this is advanced jewerey.

B-But that's not the traingame reeee :^)

Der ewige swede

Largest, wealthiest nation in the world by far. My army is 728,000 men strong, twice the size as Ming's (the second largest), and my navy has recently eclipsed that of Britain's. The HRE is the undisputed leader of the world on all fields, and I'm currently working on kicking the kebabs out of southeastern Europe. Constantinople will soon be a Czech, Catholic city (as it was always meant to be, duh).

Rate my empire? (pls no bully)

eu4/10

Congratulation, you blobed for the first time! What a meaningless achievement in an east as fuck game! And you didn't even remove the Ottomans.

BULLY!
A classic example of a blob, one that still has independed enclaves within it, whose borders are disgusting on every front and that even let Otto spread far and wide. I was thinking of giving you 1/10 for having full HRE borders, at least, but then I noticed you are missing a province in Austria, so 0/10 is the best I can do. Now go into the corner and think about what you did.

Is there a repository for all Paracucks game mods or am I forced to use their gay shitty forum?

Blobs are ugly newfrriend and this one is especially inorganic.
Aim to recreate first the Carloingians and then the Roman Empire since you're the hRe. Leave Russia to russia over siberia and scandi to blob on their own.
And for fucks sake take out the Ottos and islam.
For that alone you should be shot.
And you didn't even take the HOLY land you idiot.

1,5/10 You need to work on your style of RPing.

Use the steam downloader site.

Also, where's the pope?

Pretty gud for your first try

You know, that's a frighteningly appropriate related.

Your heresy will reverberate through the ages.

Haha

Hoi4 patch notes

I guess a year after release they've said fuck it, just remove anything the AI can't use.

What do I play now? I've played HoI 3 Darkest Hour and Victoria deux, Eu3, Eu4 and Crusaders kings don't appeal to me I'm tired of those games.
I was watching a documentary on the Cuban missle crisis and man do I wish so much East vs West came out.

Holy shit that was hard to read, I'm tired.

more like

more like

Well, when you wake up try the Cuban Missile Crisis. It's not /gsg/ but if you're a fan of blitzkrieg that's pretty much exactly what you're looking for.

Yikes. Anyway, here's an update. I've begun cucking the Ottos hard (they will be out of Europe by the next war) and achieved full HRE borders by conquering those two Austrian provinces that Tuscany (who became Italy after the war) conquered. I also conquered Iceland and now control all of Scandinavia (except for an island that belongs to Scotland, I'll probably just threaten war and take it).

And as for that Castilian enclave, I have military access from Aragon and have my troops lined up at their borders, and once everything has been cored, I'll finish taking what's rightfully mine.

also this isn't my first time playing, I just don't like larping. I'm pragmatic in what I do and just like having a big empire (for you). fuck off if you don't like the way others play the game

Also the goal was to have my eastern border be the Ural mountains, but I decided to take more just to fill out the region. I don't plan on expanding any further eastward. Switzerland is also probably gonna die so my southern borders will be mountains or sea.

Still shit tbqh.

Then why are you playing with your food? I'm not an achievementfag and I always find it silly when someone starts crying about blobs and conquering in a game where blobs and conquering are the natural cause and effect. But there's an undeniable point where the fun stops and you can steamroll the rest of the world put together.

Been meaning to try that out but it's not a gsg.

Paracucks need some more competition. Does anyone play any GSG from anyone else they would recommend? Other then DW / Aurora. I love these games but so sick of the decrease in quality. I can't remember the last update I liked.

I still think it's fun to start off as a tiny nation and end up taking over half the world in the end. I still remember causing Ming to fragment and taking over all of Asia as Majapahit (after forming Malaya, of course). And it was fun using my gargantuan empire to kick the technologically superior Britkikes out of the region.

I agree that blobbing in central Europe gets old fast though. It's basically the same every time: Blob eastwards, defeat Sweden, begin blobbing westward, then fight the Ottomans until the end of the game.

It's why you should try overseas empires. Not colonialism, but something like conquering Africa, India, etc as Britain or Scandinavia. It's even more fun as Japan, and more challenging.

It's fundamentally impossible to live action role play in a video game. The word is RPing, not larping. Please leave irrelevant buzzwords at the door.
Then you should world conquest or at least own an entire continent. You're at and presumably have been at the point of being able to subdue a worldwide coalition for probably a century.
Fuck off if you don't like the way others react to your uninspired empire that seeks neither aesthetic, historical/roleplaying, or world conquest ends. This is what it means to truly blob.

Britain is going to rape you if Russia doesn't rape you first.

vicky 3 with factory mana

I'm roleplaying as a European dynasty who just wants an empire and doesn't care about border aesthetics or ethnicity/culture. That's literally the most "historical role playing" you can get because that's what they all did.

Anyway, I kicked Castile out of the imperial lands. I also conquered Venice and The Knights, and scared Scotland into giving me their island. I'm gonna invade Cyprus to liberate the Greeks but also to bypass the truce I have with the Ottomans without having to also fight Italy (they have high discipline and morale and the alps and level 8 forts that are a pain in the ass to deal with). Ottomans will defend Mamluks because they're defender of the faith. So I'm gonna kick em out of Europe once and for all and take Cyprus. Then I'll attack Italy and, assuming the Ottomans join the war, mostly just focus on butt fucking Italy, then attack the Ottomans again. I'm going to take most of northern Italy and also take the Holy Land from the Ottomans. If all goes well, by the end of the game I'll have liberated Rome and the Holy Land and thus be a truly "Holy Roman Empire".

I could have invaded Iberia and Britain but frankly it'd just be a lot of over extension to deal with for regions that at this point I really don't need, and it'd probably just prevent me from fighting Italy and the Ottomans. Both Iberia and Britain aren't united and they're all pretty weak and dirt poor. Their empires fell apart long ago.

I don't see any mods that add flavor to Manicheans (That aren't shitty megamods), do you?

Been there, done that. And I'd call a Japan campaign one of the worst you could play in EU4. I mean it's OK until you actually unify Japan but good luck not fucking up with the buggy as hell shogunate system or dealing with Ming that puts Austria to shame in both tech, income and manpower.

The real joke is when you go full open towards the west, pick innovative and shit, and still end up two-three tech levels behind some three province shithole in indochina or india because Spanish and Portuguese keep leaking institutions like there's no tomorrow.

Do you have any better suggestions for some comfy uncivilized blobbing?

Siam is usually safe and you can take Indochina and Malaysia if you're fast enough.

Aka blobbing, the most boring way to play a gsg

Nobody cares. At this point in the game, you'd have to be braindead to not be able to conquer literally anything you want. Furthermore, you don't seek any speific goal – a province you conquer has zero significance, as it's just another meaningless spot that you add to your hideous blob.I don't understand why you're even still continuing the playthrough – there's no challenge. The only time I play until the end date is when trying to achieve some big goal and feel like I'm racing against time to be able to conquer it all. You are in no such rush - a province here, a province there, it's all the same to you.

Even a complete amateur who never modded before would be able to make this in one afternoon at most

Aside from shitposting what's your correct way of playing a gsg? Arrange a pretty map and jerk off at all the different colors?

Seriously, you're worse than the la plata nigger.

I usually complete whatever objective I'm doing with a few hundred years left then either quit or zerg the shit out everyone and then quit. I've only played Stellaris to the actual victory/end date screen. Run out of shit to do real fast unless your going for world conquest or something.

Having some sort of a goal other than just "Hurr, grab everything indiscriminately." That's literally it.

You must look beyond the map. Pick an almost dead culture and revive it. Pick a foreign religion and spread it to places where it shouldn't even be. The cheevos for CK2 actually give you a couple of good ideas in that regard.

Third Rome seems to set a record for Paradox jewry.

Some intern at Paradox spent 10 mins figuring out how to make a new government type.
DLC bonuses to make OP
gib ducats get more bonus
We copied the manchu thing
Move your capital and colonize every province simultaneously for free. lol aren't I clever no one thought about this?

That'll be $10.

Paradox is getting desperate with these cashgrabs. They don't even add mechanics anymore, they just give a country-centric DLC that offers shit a small mod would and charge you.

This is getting ridiculous. It's like they're flinging shit at wall, waiting to see what sticks.

Somehow i can see that happening

As someone who blobbed for years I take great offense at both your faggotry and your implication. I always invade with extreme discrimination.

Legion (gold)
Does that count as gsg?
I played it as a kid and i really enjoyed it

Has anyone done a mod for CK2 or EU4 to nerf nonwhite nations back to where they should be and restore historic bans on miscegenation?

Yes, I remember seeing such a mod. Shouldn't be difficult to find through a quick google.

Don't know of any. Needless to say, if anybody attempted it, he'd get promplty shoah'd by the swede.

Like, actual race and not culture or religion? Make 100% nigger/sandnigger/ricenigger/white/kike congenial traits and a small script to apply them to certain cultures. The effect should be -1000 attraction to opposites. If you adapt the ones from say agot you'll be done in no time

Just copypaste techgroup effects to appropriate religions. For bonus points change the institution effect.

(checked)
I expected nothing less.

Thanks but I play my /gsg/ for the clay conquering and not for the roleplay experience.

The Rising Sun is a bit early.

Spain post-Reconquista.

How to go from presidential dictatorship to monarchy in vicky2? Are rebels the only way?

More like GAY strategy.
Ha because I replaced grand with gay.

We got a regular Sam Hyde over here.

That's just your opinion.
wew
No it's expanding my influence into two of the most lucrative trade nodes in the game (Venice and Constantinople), dumb ass. It's also cucking the Ottomans out of Europe and the Holy Land for terrorizing my nation (Bohemia) for the whole game until the past hundred or so years. And it's also to pretty up my borders, which are all either mountains or sea. So natural borders that look nice whether you think so or not.
You can play the game however you want to and have fun, and I'll do the same. Feel free to actually share your progress in this thread though, rather than just bitching at others for actually playing the game and having fun.

Two things I don't get is why aren't you playing CK if you're roleplaying a dynasty and what do you have against vassals? I mean CK has that personal touch often literally while EU for me at least always felt as the backstabber/infamy management waiting game.

In completely unrelated news our fair Fatherland bravely advances to defend against the southern barbarians and their completely irrelevant forests of Baden.

Should I be encouraging militancy or discouraging it? I'd assume the former but I'm worried liberals might rebel instead of reactionaries.

I've just about finished removing kebab. I'm going to attack their ally Italy, in part to liberate Rome, but also to keep attacking the Ottomans. Once Crimea and Italy are all taken care of, the Roman hordes will push deep into Ottoman territory one last time. I know I'm going to take all of Crimea, but should I take more of the Constantinople trade region, or the Holy Land? I'm not sure I'll be able to take both (but I'll try)…

Seems we reached rock bottom when even the blob apologists crawl out of the woodworks.

What game?

That is just disgraceful. You could have saved time by using a graphics editor and a paint bucket tool.

Cmon, cut the poor guy some slack. Everyone has to learn gsg's at some point.

Map coloring simulator.

Making History: The Great War

Is it good? How does it compare to The Calm and the Storm? I didn't exactly fall in love with Calm and Storm but if Great War is of similar or better quality I'd be willing to give that studio a second chance in a WWI setting

It is definitely better than CatS, although the price is a bit steep. It's lacking in depth like most Making History games. The combat is more infantry based than CatS due to it being WW1, so it feels like you are throwing body after body into the battle. The navy is actually useful due to blockades. England fucking owns everything, so you can't really expand your clay without getting the entire fucking world after you.

I'd wait for the new game to come out. An original dev broke from Muzzie and bought the rights to the game.

Bought the rights to the new game coming out or Great War?

Entire series I think.

Oh wow

factusgames.com/blog/second-world-war-naval-gameplay-carriers/
Here is the maker's website. The new game looks better visually. He mentions the AI is smarter too.

Lucky for (you) in the op theres a pastbin link to darkest hour
So the next time you download its the actual game just get Qbit and torrent or buy it
Also darkest hour Europe 1944-1945 is a mod how did you fuck up

How did the 6 gigs not tip you off lad

n-no bully
that's the most cancerous part of my steam library

You got the better game.

Heretic roman empire

I don't know why this happened but I want it to end.

They are in Crimea you blind faggot

It's a shame that Democracy 3 can't into private sector whatsoever and that 100% of your population will be immigrants if you have a god tier economy even if your immigration laws are as xenophobic as possible. Otherwise it'd be a pretty good game

Leaf Supremacy posting time

y'all ready to get LEAFED?

rate please

idk user, I've had democracy 3 games where I use religion as a tool. I've had 100% religious, 100% patriot, 0% minority runs on multiple occasions with a god tier economy. Unless they've changed it.

It's been a long time since I've played, so maybe I wasn't using religion really (in fact I often accidentally make it 0% religion because all the science policies make people irreligious) so maybe religiousness has an impact on immigrants.
Regardless going 100% in any category is annoyingly unrealistic, even if it's 100% of something I'd like to encourage like Patriot and Parents.

You're not even mentioning how they increased the price for EUIV and lot of their older games to "keep up with inflation."

They even made the paracucks mad.

armchair historians on suicide watch

OH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now this is what HoI4 is meant to do

Pretty much.

Where does this meme come from?

Why are the save files so huge?

I actually one time had my hard drive completely full and for the longest fucking time I couldn't figure out how it was happening. Then I finally discovered Vicky 2 savegames are 50 megs on average and I had a billion of them sitting around.

Its not that they are huge, its that i have hundredths of them for each mod for each mod, before the sorting, purge and compressing i had around 500 saves for kaisarraich alone

Which one dudes?

Liquor factories

Can anybody help me out and provide a direct link for the Kaiserreich mod for HOI IV so I don't have to bother with Ruskies and Mega bullshit, please?

I know.

play your first game of Darkest Hour on Easy to get the hang of things. Sometimes the game can be a little esoteric.

there is no other way

Motherfucker. I miss the days where the Steam Workshop didn't exist.

They very correctly noticed that while games are easy to pirate, it's hard to always find the newest version of every mod if the mod website doesn't allow you to download it. Especially since it has become usual for games to be shit at release and only become okay through DLCs and good after a dozen mods, controlling mods means controlling who gets to play your full game while pretending to do customers a service. And perhaps one day their market share will be high enough that they can indeed put a price tag on mods. But while I can admire the cunning expressed through this strategy, they shouldn't expect that this makes me buy their crappy games.

Can any user link me VeF 3.5, please?

What the fuck

mega.nz/#!qBJESSJI!-qeFf4ySYKlyERrgctYYLlHwZ6TIBqJbYAsJ_RSCMIM main link

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6709545/VeF_3.5.7z alternate

Direct download
Download the complete Veritas et Fortitudo mod from one of the links above.
After downloading open the .7z file and extract the "veritas" folder and the "veritas.mod" file into your EU IV "mod" folder. ( The "mod" folder should be in /Documents/Paradox Interactive/Europa UniversalisIV/ )
Open the Launcher. Now you should be able to select "Veritas et Fortitudo".
This may conflict with Steam - if you have the Steam version subscribed, then open the "veritas.mod" file with NotePad++ and change the name to "Veristas et Fortitudo Direct" and select that one from the launcher.

What gaem?

Thanks a lot user

Is EU4 okay without any DLC? Is there anything that will make the game unplayable without DLC?

Modern paradox games a absolute dogshit without DLC and lackluster with them. Just pirate and you'll be fine. If you want to be a good goy, you can buy the game and pirate the DLC.

Don't want to compromise my job by pirating sadly. I'm pretty sure I'm being watched online. I just want a good grand strategy game that doesn't empty the wallet.

the ai has access to certain mechanics that you do not. The only way to enable use of those mechanics is to buy the dlc. I think that the vanilla game does not even have province development for humans.

EU3, but pirate it, really. What kind of country actually prosecutes pirates?

Do you work for the government or something?
I don't have anything to offer you really, besides space 4Xs like Distant Worlds. Paradox recently raised the prices of even their older games.

Stop being a pussy, if you are really that paranoid get proxy/vpn/tor

Weimerica.

How big should Greater Mongolia be?

Pic related with a vassal state of Siberia

EU3 is too fucking expensive.

I don't have proof, but I believe they look at my internet activities. In a few months they will have complete access to my computer, so I don't want anything pirated games on here. I won't do anything illegal with my computer.

Cant you buy a 2nd computer?

On kinguin.net/ you should be able to get the older games for a lot cheaper. If you are getting EU3 get Europa Universalis III Chronicles.
Also next week the steam summer sales, it should be cheaper in both sites or at least on steam.

Are you retarded.

Nice fake map.

He is claiming he is somewhere where he can get sued for piracy. Probably Germany or something.

Kinguin sells stolen keys. I don't need that shit. But those prices are tempting. And I didn't realize the summer sales were next week, so I will probably wait.

Pirating is not an option.

Not sued, but severely fucked.

Dunno i probably saved around 1000 dolarindos just by pirating for my whole life

Please respond.
Should I go for upper house or voting franchise reforms first?

Too much of a moral faggotry going on. No one can't help you like that. Go download freeciv or something and leave us alone.

Neither

Are you seriously sitting on your ask waiting for us to tell you what to do? Just do whatever you want and learn how to play the game. Then you will be able to eventually (fairly easily) achieve what you want as well.

Which one then?

I went to sleep and then did some other things and only came back here to ask one more time before playing again.

Run the country how you want. If you want to be a dictator, don't pass reforms. Or if you want to enfranchise them, do that. If you're just looking for what is the most advantageous, usually school system or health care.

Basic school system actually has some advantages

He said just about, user.

What game is that?

Imperialism 1

The quest to spread the Mahayana faith begins! The end goal is to have the number of Mahayana provinces be more than the rest of the world's religions combined.

Holy shit dude, It's a fucking mod.

Mod name?

And. you. willingly. play. this. shit. and. give. it. advertisement.

Is there a version of that dead Europe mod, but in reverse? I kinda want to colonize the Holy Land

I began colonizing the Philippines. However, there's a problem: Apparently the natives no longer switch to your culture, or even to your religion… which kind of ruins my plan for this game. I mean I can still colonize the Americas to spread the faith, but what the fuck Paradox? Shouldn't they at least learn my religion? And if I choose to genocide them (but I wouldn't because it'd probably be a bad karma option, or probably not because Paradox is retarded), or if there are more settlers than natives, shouldn't the province become my primary culture? Like if I kill all of the Filipino savages, why would my colonists keep acting Filipino? maybe I should just play HOI3 instead…

Yes because clearly the modder only made this mod because he just hates Europeans so much. And anyone who downloads and plays the mod also only does so because they hate Europeans and want them all to die.
Get over it you fucking crybaby.

I wonder why France has joined Egypt in the Oriental Crisis.

Source of that video?

The Cat in the Hat

De jure as fuck

#WHITEGEYESSIDE
#WhiteGirlsFuckDogs
#AllWhitePeopleAreSodomites

You're a fucking cuckold, be silent when real humans are talking.

has anyone seen the shit storm happening with ck2 on steam? The recent reviews are "mostly negative" and tons of people are shitting all over it on the store page.

Commit genocide on them and then insta-convert anyone who says they're not what you want; they wouldn't be anyway, so fuck the game's errors.

If you learn how to read and are intelligent enough to parse conversational context, you won't say stupid shit like this in the future.

What changed? It's exactly as pozzed today as it has been for years.

Price hike a few weeks ago.

wew

And I think the mod also features a start with succesful crusades, but obviously the motivation for a start with radically different gameplay was motivated by hatred of Europeans.

this

It's not just CK2, it's all Paradox games. EU3 and 4, HOI4, Stellaris, hell even Vicky 2. Paradox is in full Jew mode.

It always takes too much to wake up people, but it is good to finally see them waking up. I only hope it is going to actually hurt Paradox.

Yeah, thanks for admitting that I was correct.

I still can't believe that after all their DLC kikery they managed to completely outjew themselves to an unimaginable degree. Using inflation as an excuse to raise the price of a 7 year old game, holy fucking wew lad

That's way too funny for the average Paradox modfag to come up with.

HOI4 is full of meme mods. Probably because the game is a meme.

thanks

The thing is they've already been subversively jewing everyone incrementally through worse DLC price point everywhere.

I guess they just weren't getting enough shekles

Games like HoI4 and Stellaris didn't sell due to being released in beta and stripped of any content for the DLC swarm.

So they raise prices even for old games. And now they're in a negative limbo.
IMO they're destroying them becouse of redpilled games.

Not sure what you mean by that.
But we might be seeing a very visible symptom of the infamous video game crash.

At least of the GSG industry, consisting of Paradox and Aurora which is free.

The same thing is happening across the whole industry. Every AAA game is coming out with a 50 dollar/euro DLC on day one after all. The breaking point surely is close.

I've also noticed that the sale percentages have dwindled. Usually old DLC would go on sale for 75% when new ones were released and the second newest would be 25%. Now it's 50% for the old and a pathetic 10% for the second newest. It's a shame too because 75% made most of the DLCs a reasonable and fair price that I didn't really mind waiting for and paying.

Why does it seem like the anglos do something strange or shitty to an user in every thread?

Historical accuracy and the AI being bad with navies.

Angloland had the most jews in Europe that were important paradox likes historical accuracy

every fucking time lol

I told it 'no' when it asked me if I wanted it to remove shit and it still did.
Is my HIP installer broken or is it really so autistic that it insists on deleting at least half of India no matter what?

The Grinch Tries Yoga
no spoonfeeding no more

Yep that's all the India you get with hip

I was doing some jewey shit earlier (pic related) and old-world colonization/colonization in trade regions (something like that) doesn't change the culture or religion of the province. Try bringing natives down to zero before you colonize the province, to see what happens.

I'm pretty sure HIP explicitly states that it will never support India. Why do you want it anyway?

Is Rise of Islam updated for Reapers Due?

Halfway through conquering the free cities. My harem is slowly beginning to fill with captives and most of the cities are so scared that they're willing to get bribed into surrendering. I have a feeling this will change when I'm finished with the city states and attack an actual nation, though.

You can't just post this and not name the game.

It's kichikou Rance, It's pretty old and pretty great

As and said, it's Kichikuou Rance. Think of it as a story-driven GSG/RPG hybrid. It's pretty fun

Thats one big religious war

Pretty sure it does that. But speaking of possible fuckups in HIP's installation:
Is this really supposed to be what the mod's trade route's look like?

Wow fucking weebshit SMDH

Wow feel free to fuck off

Giving me an option to keep it isn't very explicit.
To play in it, obviously. I also like to see what happens there when I'm playing elsewhere. The game doesn't lag for me so there's literally no reason for me to remove it.

Mine look like that too. I wondered the same thing.

Fair enough, you're one of the lucky few then.
At any rate I looked it up because I could have sworn that they said "India never ever" and found this on the ck2 wiki page:
So that's probably your problem of it asking if you want India and not giving you India - you probably have SWMH installed along with HIP since it does come in the HIP pack.

GAS THE KIKES
RACE WAR NOW

If anyone desires links for mods of
that are only hosted on the Paracux forums, tell me.

Ill keep that in mind
I will need Meiou & Taxes when it realases for EU4

Anyone got a suggestion for a byzantine strategy in 1.22? Been trying to use the Albanian strategy but that has been getting me nowhere. Had a fairly good game last night where I got the mams and Hungary to ally me and join against the roaches but we ended up gettin stomped.

Does every strategy just rely on massive amounts of dumb luck then?

Yes
Welcome to gsg

How is Kanna so fucking thicc?

Fucking roach assholes.

Any way to play pirated stellaris multiplayer? I refuse to give paradox any more fucking money, especially for an unfinished game.

Stellaris multiplayer works for pirated copies?

Pretty much, paracucks have made the roaches so fucking OP that you either gotta cheese the game even further or just get lucky they kill candar/karaman/whatever other faggots before you.

I was asking if there was a way to make it work.

Don't mind me just being a retard and reading "Any way" as "Anyone want"

And?

Try smart steam emu. It works with EU4, CKII and some other things.

Would but it won't let me launch without the original steam dll. Oh well.

Here you go, babes.
filedropper.com/steamapi_8

Whitest race that could feasibly form Ethiopia?

Ashkenazi

Assyrians? Although they would call is Assyria

Then you just sit around with your thumb up your ass as Germany's puppet (unless there's something I'm missing)

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't mod EU4 and I don't want to deal with institutions.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Any grand strategy games that are similar to eu4? Wikipedia has a short list of paradox games and steam has mostly paradox dlc with some indie 4x garbage thrown in.

Just play EU3. Paradox has no competition.

Evey BYZ strategy in EU4 relies on getting some allies (don't even need too many of them – it's doable even with just serbs allied), getting Otto distracted (either b having a territory or two in Anatolia or waiting for them to get into a war in the east), having luck, and cheesing the fuck out of the game.

I think allying just serbia was my cheesiest run, where I literally had no way to expand (literally EVERYTHING guaranteed either by venice or by Otto, including Trebizond) so I decided to go straight for the roach:

It all relies on getting enough ships and on having luck with sieges (especially edirne, else you can't block the strait), but it's really satisfying to take on the roaches and win with just the initial territories and almost no allies.

This or just play an older version of the game.

Why are Instututions and tech so fucked in the EU4?

Its 1670 and Ming and Indians are on par when it comes to technology with Italy and France, they even have all the institutions embraced

Shits ridiculous

If you turn off the DLC that enables development (which spawns institutions for free out of nothing) it mostly works right.

Problem is that Ming has infinite mana due to +3 advisors and not expanding so they'll always be able to spawn institutions themselves.

The tech levels still end up too close but at least institutions work as you'd expect (Africa still ends up European though).

I like the idea of institutions since it's a step towards simulation and away from abstraction, and better reflects the lack of severe tech gap between China and the West around 1800, but other powers like India and SE Asia should not be similarly teched up on par with China/Europe. And the major problem isn't so much that China gets as high tech as Europe, but that military performance is intimately connected to military tech. While China enjoyed a somewhat similar level of technology and as good or better economy compared with Europe as late as (arguably) 1800, they certainly lacked the military experience, tactics, discipline and general know-how that perennially warring states of Europe acquired and developed. This is the same major problem with India. Even if they're 3ish tech levels behind by later game, they're able to fend off colonial powers with relative ease giving players a run for their money, and I have never seen an AI European owned India.

Nigger you're fucking retarded. The tech gap between Europe and China was fucking enormous. It was industrial-age countries meet middle ages. Hell, even today, rural China IS in the middle ages.

Europe was just starting to get the ball rolling on industrialization around 1800, a process which unfolded over several generations. Europe was certainly on track to eclipse the rest of the world by 1800 but had not already done so.

Tech is a weird thing. Depending on what you want to represent it can be wildly different.

Weapon-wise? Europe was basically even with China till the end of the game period.

Economy-wise? Europe was massively ahead of China in 1444.

Administrative-wise? Europe was overwhelmingly feudal for most of the game period and should only be catching up to China by the 18th century.

Yeah exactly, that's the problem that institutions causes. It's a half measure of simulation since the tech levels that it impacts are still abstraction. Pre-institutions it was all abstracted to illustrate a growing gap between West and the rest, so now this hybrid system of simulating institutions and abstracting tech levels makes Asia on par with Europe in all respects which is stupid. My dream would be the removal of the tech system as it is and have tech "institutions" where military tech levels might be replaced with specific firearms, formations, etc. that spread somewhat quickly between friendly nations or nations that are at war with each other for a long time. Of course Paracocks would inevitably fuck it up though and we'd get Sunset Invasion 2: Obsidian Boogaloo.
Also you're going to have to clarify Europe being massively ahead of China economically, as most studies estimate China's GDP as being considerably higher than any European power up until the dawn of industrialization.

China, especially military-wise, was stuck in the middle ages, while Europe heavily developed military tactics throughout the entire period and even introduced professional military in later dates. Feudalism in europe had also been heavily curbed due to the various landholders opting to pay in money rather than provide soldiers, due to the growing expense of maintaining military, leading to lower power of individual vassals and increase of centralization. And that's not even taking into account the increase in literacy thanks to the invention of the printing press in Europe and the many, many different philosophies developed in Europe in relatively short time span, while China sat on its ass and didn't do shit, masturbating over muh confucianism

If parejews werent so lazy they could make tech trees unique to regions/cultures

Das raycis.

Sure

REEEEE

I need a bit of cancer in myself before going back to DH

That would require them to change the entire fucking design. I tried modding some differences between countries, and it's literally impossible for techs and a giant pain in the ass for other things, such as different units. Paradox decided that the only thing differenciating between nations would be national ideas (low energy as fuck), techgroups (which got removed so now countries are even more samey), events and decisions (which are however the same for the vast majority of nations, the only exceptions being "special" countries like France and region-to-region differences) and unit types, again on regional basis.

Upload it to volafile fagg

In GDP per capita Europe was 2-3x that of China in the 15th century. This is the most important factor of economic development in pre-industrialized eras because basic subsistence required so much resources that the Chinese population that bloated their total GDP was effectively worthless for the most part. When 2/3rds of China's production is used just to feed and house itself while only 1/5th of Europe's is, you can see that Europe has much more resources left over for private enterprise, exploration, foreign investments, war developments, etc. And if a famine or disease hit Europe it was massively more resilient, in China these things killed millions constantly (the greatest of which led to the death of the Ming when the Manchu invaded).

China essentially never surpassed Roman-era GDP per capita until the 20th century. And most African nations are still below this mark.

Europe's professional military was more due to their much more frequent wars (especially offensive ones). Basically China went for Quantity over Quality, having Napoleon-level conscription and mobilization procedures but having no economy to actually arm that many people as well. This worked very well for defensive wars and suppressing insurrection (up until the 19th century with powerful artillery and machine guns, if you had 10x the people you won), and the increased casualties were fairly meaningless since the worth of a life in China was small anyway. It was very poor for conducting offensive campaigns (no ability to feed them, not being able to maneuver in unfamiliar terrain). If China had been a warmongering state it probably would have adopted a smaller, more professional army as Europeans did. The few elite armies were armed similarly to Europeans, but were held as reserves rather than as the main force to conduct warfare.

In-game you'd want to represent this by making Army/Naval tradition much more important while making tech much weaker.

Too bad
I still remember when i played as Grea Britan few years ago and in 1800 10k of my troops were able to fuck up 60k of Ming ones
Now thats impossible

I still dont get how paradox menage to fuck up semi functioning system to this state

Also dunno if people on paradox forums even complain about it as being historically inaccurate or eat it up

While this is all informative the question how to translate it to game design of EU4 still remains

So, yes, Chinese military was fucking shit. Just because they had a gorillion troops to throw at anything and win doesn't mean they were in any way technologicaly on par with europe. If you had a hundred million armed cavemen with clubs and spears and sent them, in an unorganized horde against line infantry, they'd also win but it wouldn't mean they were technologically on par with the line infantry.

I think institutions were literally pandering for progressives and an attempt to make it "more like a simulation" while being too inept to actually pull it off.

You get shoah'd on the paradox forums if you aren't 100% PC and polite. People who are dissatisfied usually don't brown nose enough, and so they get shoah'd.

Individual tech trees would be the optimal solution, but tech groups were fine as a patchwork solution

M&T seems to be on a good track with their farming efficiency. Essentially Europe starts out with 40-60% farming efficiency which means each farming pop can support .4-.6 urban pops while most of the rest of the world is stuck at 10-20%, so Europe ends up much more wealthy and urbanized. It's still really basic and there's far too much direct income just from having pops though. And the AI kind of fails to manage economies properly anyway.

Technologically, they were on par.

Economically, they went for Quantity over Quality for a variety of reasons, many of them good ones.

They were not. They were a bunch of peasants with bows and spears.

JUST

Nigga I'm lazy
mega.nz/#F!xwpEVLKI!CmxIJhMLDKnyCBK7VwYdWw!xgAQhLoK

Thats a nice mega
thanks

Not quite. By the the 15th century the per capita GDP of China was starting to lag behind, but not too drastically. Pic related is from an article on businessinsider, and while most of the article is China fellating, these numbers reflect similar things I've read from sources with less of a China boner. It's not until 1700-1800 that China starts to seriously lag in the per capita department, and is roughly on par even per capita in the 15th and 16th century.

GDP is not everything, you also gotta include factors like urbanization, centralization and PPP

There's a difference between technology level and economic capability to produce mass amounts of weapons.

The Axis in WW2 was arguably ahead in peak technological ability, but was far behind in ability to actually produce the weapons in the numbers needed for their army size. On the other hand the US may have had technologically slightly worse tanks, but they had more tanks in their basic infantry divisions than Germany had in their elite panzer divisions. Does that make Germany technologically inferior though?

Britain was a backwater until the 16th/17th century, subject to constant civil wars, raids and pillaging. Its population was also low, so it hardly mattered when you are talking about Europe as a whole. Look at France/Germany/Italy.

newgeography.com/content/005050-500-years-gdp-a-tale-two-countries
Comparisons made in PPP.
As a side note in case I'm giving off the wrong impression I'd like to make it clear that I'm not arguing that "glorious Middle Kingdom GOAT Western pigdog gweilo stole mantle of world leader China could've been sole superpower 1900." Their almost total disregard for the sciences outside of immediate practical use and astrological aids damned them to the inevitability of being eclipsed. Rather I am only stating that the gap, though widening and rather rapidly at that, by 1800 especially in terms of economy was not as terribly large as you might expect or have previously assumed. While some interpret that as China being the most glorious civilization and Europe being irrelevant backwoods until recently, I see it more as a testament to the peerless genius and adaptability of the European soul.

Again, pure GDP is irrelevant. GDP per capita is more relevant.

Your average Chinese during the period might make $1000 worth of goods a year, but consumes $800 in food/clothing, they only have $200 net to work with.

If the average European then makes $2500 worth of goods but only needs $800 for subsistence, they have $1700 to work with.

Here's my source: economist.com/news/china/21723459-how-will-affect-xis-chinese-dream-china-has-been-poorer-europe-longer-party

Thinking in GDP terms like you are is what leads to economists to recommend importing niggers as a good idea. If 90% of immigrants don't have jobs economists still call it a victory because the other 10% increase the GDP, even if the overall immigrant population still takes in more in welfare than they produce. This is of course wrong.

Not disagreeing with you there at all, from your link:
This is in total agreement with what I had posted in England had surpassed China in 1400 but the gap was not enormous, which has been my point.
Also of note

I totally agree with the thinking in terms of GDP for modern times though. Median income combined with cost of living is a far more important barometer imo, but it's near impossible to get statistics for median income for agrarian societies several hundred years ago and the GDP estimates are the only number we can work with sadly. Otherwise you're totally right and I'd opt to not bring up GDP in discussions about contemporary national economies.

Britain had that land because the Duke of Normandy conquered England, not because England conquered most of France.

But I'm not talking England. If you look on the graph, England in 1700 is still around 1.5k GPD/C, while Italy and Holland were there by 1500 and Holland went on to grow far more. I used to have a source that had a table of information indicated GDPs per region that included French/German regions along with Baltics and Eastern Europe but I can't find it now. But suffice to say that England was definitely far from a wealthy European country for most of the period.

Furthermore there's a difference between a whole nation (or group of nations) being wealthy and a part of a nation being wealthy. Yangzi was wealthy precisely because it was the capital of a giant empire. All of the taxes went there, but that doesn't mean the peasants were living much better or were more productive. On the other hand the whole region inhabited by Italians and Dutch were relatively very wealthy and productive. The wealth of these regions in China is more comparable to the wealth of Spain during this time period: Massive influx of silver from abroad but actually weak home economy leading to eventual disaster. Coincidentally inflation of currency is considered one the major factors leading to both the Ming and Spain's demise.

If you find it feel free to post it even if its a couple days later or in the next /gsg/ thread, sounds interesting.
By the same token Holland is certainly not indicative of the average European economy either, nor is Italy in 1400. This is probably a better illustration of how ineffective it is to lump all of Europe together as a single entity for comparison than anything to say about China.

Not entirely. The Yangzi delta region was extremely fertile and an area of massive merchant activity, as even Marco Polo attests to (though admittedly that is 200 years before the time period in question and at right about what most historians would consider China's prime - there's no reason to think that the Yangzi delta's wealth was attributable mostly to taxes and not farming efficiency and river/coastal trade activity though especially considering the capital was in Khanbaliq by Polo's time).

Yes, and? The Normans were kings of England. Aquitaine was attained by the king of England.

My point is that the user mentions France as an example of what's not a backwater, seemingly unaware of the long intertwined history shared by England and France and how England had at one point owned half of the entire region. Not even to mention how much more efficient and centralized England's monarchy was at the time.

Also depending on the clay, yes owning lots of it for sure means you are not a backwater.

Yes, but those regions are enough to start many of the important things. Like the renaissance. Obviously the whole continent doesn't need to be super rich. The important part is that some parts were very significantly rich while the rest still tended to live well above subsistence level so that famine and plague didn't routinely upend all society and order enough to disrupt development.

The problem is that China used the fertility mostly to grow more population rather than to urbanize. Your could consider that to be a cultural decision for quantity over quality.

Backwater means a relatively disconnected/poor/unpopulated part of a region. England satisfies all of those. How much a king of England owned at any one time is irrelevant to this. We're talking about the region itself, not the kingdom. England had something like 1/5th the population of France and aside from the Hundred Years War England was mostly irrelevant to the continent for a long time.

Being autistic, I've been playing around trying to get VeF to work. I finally got the launcher to recognize it, but it crashes when loading flags. Anyone know what would cause that?

Not putting the mod at the proper place.

it's in the mod folder, where the fuck should it go?

I fucking tried through steam, now I pirated a game I fucking own just so I can know where the files are going.

That is the question. Which mod folder. Every fucking time.

FUCK GABEN, FUCK JOHAN, FUCK YOU, FUCK ME, FUCK MY LIFE, FUCK MY SHITTY JOB, FUCK MY SHITTY COMPUTER, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LET ME PLAY VIDEO GAMES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yes, I know, steam is shit, but the pirated version I had before would at random stop allowing me to save my progress. I "bought" it from kinguin so Johann didn't get every shekel.

Google it, you damn retard. Ask the botnet where to put your mods. You will be surprised.

I googled it and went to the VeF wiki; neither of them have had the same issues I've had so far. Excuse me for thinking a group of people who aren't complete nimrods that play these games would know something about getting them to work.

Why the fuck did you even respond telling me that you don't have the fucking answer.

Just write "Europa Universalis 4 mods location", you damn monkey.

Mod like what?