Oh shit xbone is getting classic xbox backwards compatibility

oh shit xbone is getting classic xbox backwards compatibility

but lets talk about the original hardware and the best xbox, modding, maintenance, new games, beautiful HD output and those big fuckin' controllers

what's your memories of the original xbox like? Did you discover the truly great library beneath the surface or did you just stick with halo, fable, and blinx?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Generic-Adapter-Cable-XBOX-Black/dp/B00SMCJB4Y/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_63_img_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9WN7XG56RDDEE7SFTR19
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have one sitting right beside me. Not very many games, but I haven't really started looking hard enough for the shit I need to mod it

you should go for it, it's a very inexpensive mod and it's a ton of fun. Just loading games off the hard drive is great, and there's some kick ass games in there. far better library than the gamecube.

At least JSRF and Brute Force now have a chance of surviving into the future. If Xbox does actually die, MS will just make an official PC emu but we'll just have to actually buy the games unfortunately.

It's not backwards compatibility, they're putting the old games in a store for an absurd amount of money.

If you think you'll actually be able to play metal wolf chaos or 99% of the other exclusives, you're fuckin' delusional. You'll get a handful of the microsoft published/developed games and that is it.

but hey, maybe if you buy them like a good goy it will incentivize them to get more games on it, right?
I'm glad I have most of the microsoft xbox games, this is going to drive prices up for physical copies

I've been meaning to mod the one I bought for a little while now. How hard is it to find a compatible USB drive to boot the CFW off of and an IDE HDD that'll work?

amazon.com/Generic-Adapter-Cable-XBOX-Black/dp/B00SMCJB4Y/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_63_img_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9WN7XG56RDDEE7SFTR19
check the "Customers who bought this item also bought" and it literally shows you everything you need.

Excellent, thanks.

Eat a dick, Microshills.

Dubs thread.

I loved that Castlevania game on the Xbox. Sometimes I like to imagine what Castlevanias would be like if Konami hadn't killed the franchise by outsourcing it to Spain. I think they'd be like Souls games but tackier. I think I'd love them.

gee user now I gotta get an xbox one(tm)(C)(R) thanks for enlightening me to this amazing entertainment system

So does my Xbox 360, and I'll bet you anything that the only games you'll see come to the Xbox One BC program are those OG Xbox games which were already BC on the 360 - they'll just port their software solution up like any other 360 game and call it a day.

Remember, MS is still on the hook to nVidia for royalties on the original Xbox, so any new piece of software they create which tries to emulate nVidia's chipset is going to cost them out of pocket.

So they'll run the OG Xbox emulation they already have through their new 360 emulator.

Anything to save a fucking buckā€¦ meanwhile, they could have just drafted a new contract with nVidia to settle the matter for a lump sum and written a generalized emulator that works for all the games. Let people play whatever they have from the disk, and then offer what they can secure the distribution rights for digitally over Live.

So you're still better off just buying a used 360 for $100.

who cares

Seeing is believing.

I have great doubt we will see all the old xbox cult games show up on the Store. It will likely end up as the PS2 classics did on the PS3.

>>>/reddit/

Welcome to 8ch, how new are ya?

it smells of shill in this thread

so it had it all along but wasn't enabled in he software, or do they honestly expect people to buy their newest steaming pile of shit

Fuck. I should have purchased some old games before this announcement, the prices are now going to skyrocket.

What's wrong with 8ch? Don't you like 8ch? And if I might also add, 8ch.

I remember buying 2 of them, they both died within months, then i threw the entire lot including controllers, cables and games in the bin.