Xbox Scorpio will be $499

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/DImKI
pcpartpicker.com/list/cN4CWX
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Xbox is dead

All they had to do was price it at $399. That's it. No one is gonna spend $100 more when you got the PS4 Pro out. And if rumors are true of a PS4 Pro price drop it just hurts Xbone more

Not that I would ever buy one, that's actually not a bad price for the level of hardware it's supposed to have.

They'll make a killing on people who want "muh graphics" but are too retarded to join the master race.

It's a turn off however because the PS4 Pro is $100 less. Also do You really think a company is gonna say "hey let's make this game run on 60 FPS on Scorpio and 30 on PS4"? They're not gonna do that l

It's going to have a low tier AMD Polaris GPU inside it along with a custom Jaguar based CPU. These chipsets are years old now.

THE GOYIM ARE READY

No, it doesn't. You're a dumbass who doesn't know what they're talking about.

The Scorpio is banking on most games being able to run at Native 4K. These are pretty bold claims, especially since the PS4 Pro was some weird checkerboarding technique and can barely handle 1440p at best.

Will Microsoft finally beat Sony?

They've been beating them the last 4 years, fagmo.

just stopping by to call you a retard

user that's just a console.

nah you can own games on console, PC well, not any more sadly. thanks goys for supporting steam.

Just like they've been doing anyway except the opposite?

so is it an xbone point five or a completely new system?

I don't understand the logic, who is this project for? How is this somehow more stupid than the PS4 Pro?

You never owned games on a console, user. You only owned licenses to the games, even if they're physical.

Sure is nice to own things xD

Its the Xbone.5. Its the equivalent of Nintendo's New 3DS bullshit or the Gameboy Color.

You're forgetting about the various Steam Machines.

If you can sell it you own it.

Should have just made it PC for retards

Then I suppose FUCKING GAMESTOP is just breaking the law with reckless abandon.

I work a full time job and am studying for my cfp. I don't know anything about pc hardware and don't feel like I have the time to learn. I want to join the master race. Is this or the pro an acceptable substitute?

this is what reddit autism looks like, and why the west is so fucked

-t. steamcuck

That's nice. But pic

how many paint chips did you eat as a child

You have what rights you can defend but that goes for corporation too. If they weren't willing to come to your house and take your games then you own them.

you do know that no one is going to take your console games away, right? You might if you owned any.

Steam however? It's happened before. Origin? Same. Stop being autistic for one day user, it might do you some good.

The United States Supreme Court says differently
archive.is/DImKI

Time for proofs.
If you want to be taken seriously and show that your claims have merit, then you'd better start pointing out where these agreements are and at what point people have actually agreed to those terms.

the licenses say you don't own the content of the disc (no shit) but that's not the fucking point, you own the disc which contains the content. It's like bitching about how a display uses a patented technology and some faggot like 5614c9 comes barging in crying about how you don't "truly" own it because the technology in the display is patented despite you being able to do whatever the fuck you want to it.

tl;dr No, build a PC you faggot

Long answer is absolutely not, in the PS4 Pro's case most games ported have slight graphical upgrades with serious dips in performance (see Nier Automata) and exclusive games that could use the better hardware for better performance don't (see Bloodborne) the only current gen game that actually gets a worthwhile increase in performance from what I've seen is Kingdom Hearts 0.2 which is 60 fps on the PS4. Building a PC is also pretty easy you just need to look up some guides online. 4k is a meme.

That would only cover the physical material of the game, not the actual software which does bring up that legal grey area again.

no

First of all let me just say, why do you want to join the "master race"? What even is that to you? Are you willing to occasionally spend hundreds on parts like GPUs with how poorly optimized lots of games are? Do you have good download speeds with a no or a high internet cap with how bloated most games are?

Its a matter of preference. I just like being able to play some older games at a higher resolution and framerates, though there will be some times when you just dont do shit with an expensive PC besides surfacing the web all day.

$500 dollas ? $500 dollaz aint shit to Chad Warden. Ill give you $500 dollaz just to shut the hell up nigga !

there are no goal posts, this is reality.

Thank you for your riveting and educational response. I greatly appreciate the effort.

Chad Warden wipes his ass with a dildo
Slick Black

655d9d shut up

You are retarded, that's like saying you don't own your land because you can't fuck kids on it without getting vanned.

user that's actually been one of the longest running disputes in legal history. What amount of ownership is derived from governance and what amount is derived from personal maintenance? It's older than the earliest surviving texts.

Do you have brain problems? Pick up a fucking law book before you spout nonsense.

has been brought to the courts before, always sided in favor of the owner, courts follow precedent, kill yourself please

Trips confirms that the Xbox brand is dead and (((Microsoft))) killed it.

Chad Warden ain't playin with no dildo. Chad Warden just tryin to play some HD gaymes nigga!

What's the chance of there being a resurgence of Home Computers, something that sits in place between PCs and consoles?

Then prove it, nigga. Show us the DMCA and cyber law cases that actually involve software and not physical media like fucking printer cartridges.

Extremely unlikely but it'd be nice

The Xbone is basically just that- it runs on Windows 10 and has mouse and keyboard support.

Eleven years on and people are still fucking retarded.

Since you're a dumb cunt, let me point out how they differ:

Espresso

PPC 750

Stop gobbling up shitty misinformation. Wii U is still shit.

all pc games worth playing can be played on half a decade old mid range rigs. in short, no.

intel and microcock wouldn't allow it, jap home computers were the best and there were actually good games for them

plus they looked fucking awesome

hold on i gotta answer the door its the cops they know i've been buying second hand console games thus violating the license agreement made with the original purchaser

oh wait

very true

You mean a laptop?

What exactly is the difference, it's just a shitty, un-upgradeable PC?

underage r/pcmasterrace cucks have arrived it seems

Persuasive argument kiddo.

Isn't ownership something given to us by the law? You can grow a tree all your life, but if there is no law a guy can cut it down while you aren't around and there is nothing you can do, you have no rights. But the law says "This guy owns this tree, if you cut it you will be punished". If you accept ownership of something you accept the law, with all that it implies. Like signing a contract, because you accepted the law you can't fuck kids anywhere because the law says so. I don't understand.

Not necessarily, Laws are sometimes such a convoluted mess and lawyers such greedy kikes that the average person can't even afford having his ownership rights protected. Just ask the people who got forcefully displaced because the government wanted to exploit what was on their land. Same with those who got sent into court and ended up jailed for collecting rainwater that fell on their land. "You don't own anything" is getting more and more real as the years go by. If you're part of the elite or one of their protected minorities though , you can possibly get away with murder. Welcome to modern day western society.

I'm not sure Intel really cares and Microsoft hasn't been able to stamp out the smartphone and tablet market nor meaningfully control the console market. They certainly would try to stop it if they could though.
Oh God did they ever.

The law/government doesn't GIVE you rights, at best it helps secure your rights. More often that not it doesn't care one way or the other or at worst actively steps on you rights.
It's not cause the law says so it's because the law has armed agents that will fucking make you do or not what it wants. Notably even if you don't agree to protection of the law police will still force that protection or sometimes "protection" on you.

redditor go home

They'd probably be inferior for gaming, but they would definitely be great for getting kids into computer hobbyism if they came with manuals and tools for programming.

They probably would.

With any luck xbox will die and sega will enter the console market again. although that will probably never happen

What kind of a shitty company sells a fucking "game" console for 499 bucks

We need sega back and sony out with microsoft. We'd need a 3rd to make sure the market doesn't go to shit, though.

Greedy jewish ones.

Someone must have put their entire retirement fund into this farce.

Nah, we just need to de-jew the industry

What advantages does this have over a regular PC? That the cpu is in the keyboard?

M$'s profits are almost entirely out of their server license practice, which is beyond scam-like. They can run the entire development department in the red for decades and still not feel a dent in their entire profits.

Silly goy, that's impossible.

Not impossible, just very improbable.

The VALUE is THERE. Simply. I am going to preorder two and buy one day one. It is an investment and will blow your minds. Just see.

One of you bastards better make a new youtube meme tomorrow.

I looked up the hardware

8 core, 2.3 GHz procesor
GPU on par with AMD Radeon RX 580 (though not exactly, as it has a lower core clock speed (1172 MHz rather than 1257 MHz) but offers more shaders (2569 rather than 2304))
12 GB Ram (8 GB available to Developers)
1 TB Storage

Or you can kill yourself today.

None of that is new at all. Eminent domain has been practiced since the 1600s. The rainwater thing is limited. Most states don't have rainwater collection laws, and most of the ones that do stemmed from water shortages in which significant rainwater collection could negatively impact neighbors. Those aren't strong examples of "you don't own anything" because eminent domain has been done for the entire existence of the United States and the government is required by law to fairly financially compensate the owner (and also that it can only be used if it benefits the general public, not just the government or the economy), and the latter is rainfall, which nobody "owns". You can't bring rainwater into an argument on property rights any more than you can air. Something falling from the sky onto your land doesn't necessarily make it yours.

Our actual property laws are stronger than they have ever been before. None of our economy would be able to exist without our strong property laws, and weak property guarantees were one of the primary causes of the Great Depression.

Zero. Devices are cheap because they lock you into an ecosystem. Home microcomputers of the 80s didn't do that. Not to say that it was all roses; there were so many microcomputers that you could end up with a bung one and not even really know it.

Does this include honorary jews the folks behind Nvidia and AMD?

Because , if you're not careful. This is how you get a Pajeet/Slav infestation.

Can you imagine if the gaming industry was run by a bunch of indians and ruskies?

WinTel is a dead meme son. Fuck Intel's considering suing MS and Qualcomm because they put in x86 emulation in the second run of Windows ARM they are doing. Considering 32-bit x86 is perfectly legal to re-implement as long as it's black boxed away from actual Intel tech, and MS could just license x64 from AMD (because that is modern x86-64) for pennies on the dollar, I fucking hope Intel sues them, and I REALLY HOPE that MS and Qual win that suit. Intel's actively trying to shut down things recently and they have too much of a market share to risk them having any chance of success.

I made my PC for 500 dollarydoos, why the fuck would anyone buy a console for that much?

UHH, STOP
STOP

Microsoft is on now. Time to see if Geoff was rihht

Them too
Arent so bad

Xbox was conceived to conquer the living room back in 2000 but today that just seems anachronistic.

But xbox is just loose change for MS so they'll keep it around.

Does anyone know if it's possible to install Linux on an XBone yet? I know that some group got it running on a PS4, so how hard would it be to do on an XBone?

Does anyone care?

Its is the age of sonyntendomination again. PS4, Switch, Vita and maybe a few games left in the 3DS. For everything else not exclusive to them you choose pc or xbone.

Who the fuck chooses pc over xbone?

That's one of the things that I would like to see happen.

They are standardized for one thing. Which is great for normalfags and kids who aren't going to build their own machine anyway. Of course standardization means software is programmed for a specific set of hardware rather than a range of hardware like for PC, or even mobile.
Also they allowed and even encouraged you to write your own programs. They were wonderful for kids and hobbyists back in those days.

The problem today is that the ecosystems suck.

There was never such time.

I was just watching some E3 highlights on YT. I don't take gaming, gamers or gamer culture seriously and never watch E3.

But I would if they hired a drunk/high comedian for every show. Anyone here remember that game awards show from the "Community" actor?

PS2 vs Dreamcast and GameCube

Well, it's got decent specs, so all it needs is a non-compromised OS to be able to be good. 500 bucks for a PC with an RX 580 in it is a pretty good deal, just not when it's running Botnet 10: Console Edition.

That's like, the price of five games.

BUT user, 4K MINECRAFT

inb4 >Paying anything for your video games.

They lernt nothing. Scorpio is already dead, and so is the xbox division. Finally.

Do hold your breath.

Reported.

user, you don't even own the land on which your house sits, you stupid fucking dipshit. You can pay off your mortgage and own your house outright, but if you stop paying property taxes for one month, every single thing you own is stolen from you.

YOU DON'T OWN NOTHING, GOYIM.

you pretty much paid for sub-console performance and visuals for even more money, you need to ask yourself these questions

Even in his profile picture he looks dead inside

Yes, you can sell the license to the game.

I missed everything because I don't care about E3. What are the specifications of the Scorpio? Does it have a name like the "Xbox One HD" or some stupid shit like that? What does it look like?

It can't even play most modern MMOs. Let that sink in.

A computing platform that is not a regular PC or a console? Let's see what we have now:

- hobbyist computers, like the Raspberry Pi.
- mobile systems: smartphones, tablets, media boxes.
- niche machines, like the Amiga (yes, it's still being produced).
- embedded devices, but these have very specific uses.
- the Mac

Unique desktop machines with separate ecosystems, like in the 80s, make no financial sense anymore. If you want an alternative system, there are many that you can just download for free and run on the PC you already own or could buy for peanuts anywhere. Why bother with one that requires unique mail-ordered hardware?

I didn't imagine the x68k would look so cool.

My fucking 2010 prebuilt has a better CPU

Xbox is dead since 2013.

Also, does the Xbox have games yet? And by this, I mean when does Crackdown 3 come out?

lolno
They just make both 30fps

still doesn't beat the ps3.
lmao

why would you spend 500 on this and not on a computer?

Why would anyone pay for it?

We've reached the point where consoles:
Are no longer cheaper than PC's
Install updates to games and machine
Are no longer just insert game and play
No longer support split screen

All the possible advantages of a console are gone now

Unless you're an idiot / lazy / don't care about getting fucked in the ass. Which is the vast majority of consumers

Alright, so there's some gameplay of Forza 7 at 4K, 60FPS on the new "Xbox One X" (which is fucking retarded because Xbox has two X's,) and it really confused me because it looks graphically shittier than the previous few iterations and significantly worse than shit like Driveclub. So behold, Holla Forums, the power of the X.

sony wins E3 again by default.
jesus three years in a row nintendo and MS are just handing sony the wins.

Even if you are all those things it doesn't change the fact that those advantages are gone

It just means you're a shiteater who will like that shit regardless if it has advantages or not

TOP KEK

I'm baffled that Sony continues to be successful by doing nothing.

Yes.

Yes, but if you are stupid you will not know about it. Ignorance is bliss, said the normalfag.

they are literally just releasing games that is all they are doing while everyone else tries to fumble around and try to one up everyone else only to fall.
Nintendo is now attempting to get people to want a switch when they won't even make anymore switches. also buy our dlc also buy our limited amount amiibos that we won't ever restock but we'll make 30 more different mario ones, oh ya we have 3ds still please buy it while we don't do anything about it. i sold all my nintendo shit for decent cash that help me replace my gpu and shit getting silky smooth 60fps + on my 1060 with most settings at 1080p and high/ultra settings
Microsoft expect people to pay top dollar for no reason when most of their games are mutiplat now when really more people have ps4 more friends go like ya we all get it on ps4 Call of duty now has the 1 month first stuff on ps4 that already wins a big number of buyers to ps4.

Why do the games look graphically worse? Jesus Christ. Also

I have no fucking clue how you go from the success of 360 to this.

I feel like this is insulting to player intelligence
I mean constant narration, UAV bird, superpowers, OP stealth

Why normalfags keep buiyng it for almost 10 years now?

No. I own PC, PS4, and XB1, and XB1 is all I play.

at least it's neat to have a game set in ancient egypt. shame the game won't be good though. It's much like Black Flag in that manner. Black Flag is fun if you want a pirate game, but then it has all the Assassin Creed bullshit tied to it when all you want is to be a pirate.

Nothing has improved in the past 5 years. More aggressive shaders and flatter textures. Also
This is the new thing that is going to be pushed until everyone is in agreement with. Fucking kill me.

Don't forget shit-for-brain AI
It makes them feel all mighty, they don't want a challenge or learn how to play, they want a power trip cinematic experience

Is this because you don't know how to hook up your PC to your TV and prefer to throw money away as opposed to own your games forever?

Don't you remember? They had two major scandals that killed them. First was that games would be locked to a single console, so you couldn't share them with friends, or buy used copies. Second was that the Xbox would require a hardwired Kinect (camera and microphone) that could not be disabled.

They went back on both these things after public outcry, but the damage was done.

What exclusives are even left for the Xbone that didn't go multiplat or at least went to the PC side?

Halo. That's pretty much it.

Ori looked good, but no fucking gameplay. LiS is teen angst trash. Anthem looked pretty fucking good.

Go the fuck back to tumblr, you fat waste of oxygen. Better yet, fucking neck yourself.

You're a retard if you think the only thing to take into consideration is Ghz. The Xbox One X's memory runs at a higher frequency than your lunch box and definitely has a newer architecture with its GPU, likely more shaders as well.

I'm going to have to disagree with that. It only looked like Bioware's version of Destiny to me.

Jesus. I didn't realize how shit it was until I finished the video.
>Soulslike combat, with protag doing a series of electric slides in order to maneuver
I haven't even really analyzed it yet. The only good thing about this video is that whoever owns the computer it was played on actually has some taste in vidya with that interruption at 4:44.

I have no idea. I decided to try and find the appeal by playing a pirated AC: Unity. It was pure garbage and I uninstalled it despite it being one mission from completion and sinking probably 60 hours trying to find the series' charm. It was that unsatisfying of an experience.

That's the only thing I like about AC games. They always have interesting settings that aren't anywhere else in vidya.

Yeah, but even The Order with its shit textures managed to look good, and we know how bad that games was.

My computer isn't close to my TV, and I like just turning the Xbox on and playing, not clicking on several stuff with the mouse, and then some games don't even have proper controller support. Try using a keyboard and a mouse in front of a TV.

They learned nothing from their X-Box One mistakes!

Who the fuck is the target audience here?

If a kid wants to play Minecraft they can play it on a toaster, any existing console, their smartphone, or the Xbone that is half the price of the X.

If someone is interested in any of the Xbox "library" it's already available on the console priced half as much as the X. Hell you could probably buy an Xbone S and at least 10 games for the price of an X and 0 games.

If someone is a graphicsfag then they can just build a PC, get almost the entire Xbox library at better graphics. Added benefit of mod support, and free online.

If a normalfag just wants a definitive edition of a console, the PS4 Pro is cheaper, has 90% of the Xbone library as well as some extra games you can't grab on the Xbone.

There isn't a single scenario I can think of where someone would actually want an Xbox One X over not only the existing Xbone range, but all the alternatives.
Hell you can buy the regular PS4 and a Switch for the price of an X.

2011~2014. They went after the Wii audience with Project Natal/Kinect, betting all their cards on it. Not only that, but you had the terrible launch of Xbone, with games tied to a single account, a forced bundle with the (already failing) Kinect and weaker hardware compared to the PS4.

"Acceptable"?
What does that mean?

Look, if you have no interest in 20 year old games while dropping hundreds on PC parts so you can have a cutting edge of to play mods of Skyrim on you are not in good company here.

If you want a all in one box to play games that requires zero PC knowledge get a PS4.
If you want to circle jerk about frames and pirate everything while bitching about you particular niche then just shitpost here all day.

Otherwise look at games, your need and wants and figure out what's good for you. Jesus.

Xbox one Xā€¦

I bet marketing parasites got payed a lot of money for that name.

Always online, kinect, 499, second tier countries, 900p.

It's like they wanted the xbox one to fail. Couldn't have done it bother if it was Yahoo.

It's more like this

Yes - Get a PS4

No -
Yes - Get a PS4
No - Build a PC

The PS4 Pro is a waste of money, but the Xbone X is an even bigger waste of money.

I blame the obsession with higher resolutions.
And it's never going to end, before even 4k becomes standard the industry will already be pushing for 8k (with PS3 graphics @25 fps if necessary, why do you think they're getting more and more determined in pushing the 30 fps = cinematic bullshit?). Even mobile games on 6" screens with PS1 graphics are running on 2k or 4k screens now, that's fucking insane.

Just think about how much more detailed graphics could be with today's gpus, if standard target resolutions were still 720p or 1080p.

The OS, online, and controller on PS4 are shit though. I vote Xbox.

Graphics are a false god to which we have sacrificed gameplay

Goodbye console war is hell.

It get's away from that Xbone nickname that they didn't want to stick, and the acronym spells out as the products name. Who ever pointed that fact out probably got a bonus.

Did they finally manage to re-do Minecraft in something that isn't fucking Java? Because otherwise I don't see that shit working.

Indeed. Recently I tried Crazy Taxi Classic on two phones: it ran fine on a Samsung Note 2 (720 x 1280), but very poorly on a newer and more powerful Nexus 6 (1440 x 2560).

Upscaling resolution is cheaper and easier than good texture work. That's the the sole reason.

Windows 10-based systems have a C++ Minecraft, which apparently isn't as good.

No, just Sega and Nintendo, like it should be. Fuck Sony and Microsoft. However, it should not happen for at least 15 years. Let Sega build more of that momentum first and let it become financially stable first.

But Xbone ain't got games

the PS4 pro is selling at 20% of the sales of all the ps4s that are being sold right now.

people really don't give two shits about these half step machines

This is a Wii U mistake.

amazingly enough thats true, i own both. if a game is multiplatform i usually play it on the xbox for the controller alone. the only thing thats considerably worse on the xbox one is the stupid installation system.
good luck if you live in the sticks and want to play a game immediately after buying. gotta download all those hugeass day one patches first! probably due to the always online shit the console was initially supposed to be.

Every time they kept talking about the one x, I keep thinking about the newer better robot 1-x from Futurama.

But the Wii U was advertised like it was a tablet attachment for the Wii.

You will work more hours.

ECKSBAWCKS WON ECKS

Name a PS4 game worth playing.

Yakuza series

What is this meme? It's easily the most comfortable gamepad I've used in ages whereas the Xbone gampead has garbage triggers and bumpers, tiny thumbsticks, and shaped awkwardly so you can't comfortably wrap your ring fingers. The 360 one is superior in every way to it outside of the dpad.

Sticks too close together. Good controller for Street Fighter, not so much shooters.

And what kind of shooters are you talking about?

Geoff is having fun.

They managed to make MC worse by writing it in C++ instead of goddamn Java?

What the fuck happened to our Doritos Pope? That's not the shill I remember.

Nope. It's worse because it's a shitty port of the android version.

REDEEMING HIMSELF

i heard bloodbourne is good
Yakuza 0 is great
uncharted series is actually quite fun, don't believe the hate

Why the fuck would you be playing shooters on a gamepad in the first place?

Why are all the people I hate becoming cool guys and all the people I love turning into faggots?

It runs faster. But has the mobile UI, isn't compatible and is as advanced as the mobile version which means that lot's of blocks, npcs and mechanics are missing.

Newfag detected

I don't think he cares anymore.
I haven't touched a vidya game in weeks. I sold multiple consoles. I don't even know why the fuck I'm here. Imagine Geoff.

Holla Forums here, remember that not all mhz are equal, especially when it comes to different brands of CPUs that might have different instructions per clock, let alone different CPU architectures.

Xbox fans are brainless zombies, they bought the x-bone when it was at it's highest price.

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE
I made this thread because you just fucking made me realize something. Game quality is becoming inverted. Things are started to become topsy turvy, and what was bad is good and what was good is bad.

Hail Victory!

I'm wondering when ARM will become the major desktop architecture. Seems like it's getting there. I mainly wonder if compatibility will simply be out the door or some more advanced emulation type of compatibility mode.

CPU core designer here, it's just a die-shrunk jaguar with double L2 cache and a specialized DSP (yes, really), it's really nothing special

There was precisely one noteworthy announcement of exclusives:
XBOX HUEG compatibility
If Phantom Crash runs at original HUEG framerate, free of visual glitches and maybe, just maybe, higher res, I'll have to swallow my pride and get a TV!TV!TV!box just for that. Doubt it as I expect as halfarsed a job as HUEG compatibility was on 360, but the hope isn't completely dead yet.

still cheaper than a low-end PC, deal with it nerds.

Nice. So, who's getting sacrificed? That one guy screaming over that one shitty hungergames thing as a "shoutcaster"?

The ps4 pro can't go 4k.

and considering the stagnation, you're getting high end PC visuals.

building a PC is ridiculously easy and cheaper than it's ever been. buying a locked-down, overpriced, underpowered machine with a small library of overpriced and artificially-limited software and being forced to use the peripherals that the machine manufacturer tells you you can use is no substitute for having a real PC. you can build something faster than this for around $700: pcpartpicker.com/list/cN4CWX which has more storage, more features, and which will play games in ACTUAL 4K resolution without upscaling

Wait shit, I just read it
They actually called to "user"?

That means later.

Call me back when he's with an AK-47 on the stage making a mini-holocaust.

yeah but the problem is no games

And the meek shall inherit the earth.
Spaghetti spilling seems pretty meek, no?

no gamesā€¦ on PC?

Fuck, could you imagine Jet Set Radio Future running in widescreen?

Requesting someone draw user with the three Witches from Macbeth.

no games your shitty 2012 laptop can't run because nothing good has come out on PC and all the ports have been ridiculously bad. sure there's old games.

very, very old games everyone has played and can play very easily.

3/10 I guess made me reply with an image

I can imagine a lot, but I expect everything even remotely obscure to run like shit, if it runs at all. MS doesn't have the best track record in backwards compatibility, and while the major reason for compatibility problems, the different HW architecture, shouldn't be a problem for HUEG games on Xboneā€¦ Don't get your hopes up. They have my attention, but my shekels stay mine until I'm convinced they really deliver this time.

Do we have a abbreviation for the Xbox One X yet?

OH GOD SORRY
I MEAN YOU FELLOW ANONS

So is the MC for that a Kang?

XBOX?

XXbone. The harder they want to erase the past, the more reason to remind them and everybody else.

on top of all those things you listed. It's quite literally WE WUZ KANGZ N SHIET the game. The MC is an "egyptian", but of course is actually a nigger.

exactly. If Microsoft had priced it at maybe $400 it'd be a bit more understandable. But they're just driving away their potential customers with a $500 price tag. I bought my PS4 for $300. No sense in getting an XOX or XBone when all the games that matter are already multiplat. If they REALLY want to move units, they'd have games be pure system exclusives, not timed exclusives or also available on Windows 10. But they just can't let go of Windows 10.

What the hell are you talking about? It's called piracy, you turbofag.

no it's the xbo because it's "xbox one x" only one x so it's either xbo or box

It's about $100~150 dollars more stupid than the PS4pro.

All they had to do was market the One X as a touch-stone console that can play Xbox One games at higher fidelity, and Xbox (whatever comes next after X) games at standard fidelity. Give the system a standard 6~7 year life in the market.

But noā€¦ now they're going to try to sell a fucking NoGames One with a nitro booster for $500 fucking bones just two years before Sony announces/releases the PS5 in 2019/2020.

Soā€¦ the question isā€¦ would you pay $500 for an Xbox Emulator?

Valve beat them to it.

If you bought one, congratulations, you're a retard

Can it play the games natively? or it's just another "put game/code and let me download you a compatible upgraded copy"

I was thinking XboX

or xXxboxXx

XXX

For a really really good one? Maybe. For the one we will probably get? No.

I'm fairly sure they're just going to port the OG Xbox emulators from the 360 to the Xbox One. The way they're taking, it's going to be a trickle of games like how they're adding 360 BC - rather than just writing a single serviceable generalized emulator like the PSP/PSVita had.

I'll bet anything that you'll never see OG Xbox games on the One that weren't ALSO BC on the 360. Remember that if they're still on the hook to nVidia for royalties, but the emulators that Xbox 360 had are already paid for and MS is free to distribute them as they see fit.

They'll be running an emulator inside an emulator. Take a minute to let that sink in..

Straight to the filter list for you.

Considering that the default PS4 & Xbone had roughly the same hardware but the Xbone had a bloated OS that ensured it was always the weaker machine
What are the odds that the beefed up specs on the Scorpio will just have it edge out the Pro by a rather small margin due to the OS still being a hog?

y tho? Both are x86. Just shim that shit.

wouldn't surprise me if win10 excised the APIs that X-OS (OG xbox OS) used but yeah the xbox is literally Direct3D 8 + x86 SSE1, there is no reason it can't run almost native on the xbone

What kind of fucking logic is that?

Yeah, that was my bet
No Panzer, Midnight Club, Riddick, Phantom Dust, and so on

I'll be going with this one

Ebin.

Go smash all your stuff now user, and then demand a replacement. Clearly that what ownership means to you.

Kek. I wonder how hard it would be to actually build something as powerful if not then more powerful for the price

Lets not forget that Scorpio uses 12GB of DDR3 memory using AMDs HSA and is still using the AMD Jaguar based SoC
I bet you could easily throw something together with actual dedicated GPU memory, DDR4, and maybe even something like a fucking Pentium G and a GTX 1060 and get far superior performance for well under 500 bucks
Holy shit I wish I screencapped that but too late

Why are these iterative consoles a thing? How much disposable income do normalfags actually have? Why buy any console until after a "generation" is slated for decommissioning?

Why not bite the bullet, double up the specs, price it at $1000 and have your journoblog fucktoys run interference with shit like adjusting previous console's prices to inflation is cherry-picking other consoles that were similarly priced?

XXX: State of the Boner

He ended up getting enough money to tell companies to fuck off and now he's managing his own gigs. He was never a bad guy to be, he's a massive Kojima cocksucker though

Its been that way for tech industries for ages user, not just gaming. How many iteration of graphic cards of the same model are there?

$500
wow it's fucking nothing
Barely above other consoles upon their release outside of Nintendo, which has been "last gen tech + flimsy gimmick" since 2007 and went to "glorified tablet" most recently.

It's too early to call but i think there's a pattern here.

Notch has always been a shitposter. Back in the earliest days of the Mineshit alpha in 2009 he was shilling on Halfchan Holla Forums. That's why there's a shoutout on the Minecraft homescreen "Woo, Holla Forums!"

I remember that, but he seemed to be a whiny fuck back then since everyone bitching how he was always taking vacations instead of updating the damn game.

Because Moores Law is dead. We will never again get a true generational jump, even if we weren't on the bad end of the diminishing returns track: slight upgrades is the best we will get anyway, so a hard generational compatibility break will never be an option again as, whatever happens, there won't ever be a perceived generational jump again.

xBonex

Its bittersweet. On the upside, computer processing power has reached the same point that cars did back in the 1980s. A Japanese shitbox Honda Civic from 1985 can still be a solid daily driver today for example. Same with processors. It seemed like 20 years ago you needed to upgrade your hardware every other week in order to run the latest shit. Today is not the case. Just grab an i5 and a GTX 970 and your rig will easily last you 10 to 15 years or possibly longer. I always say this when the subject comes up. 10 years ago was 2007. I know more than a few people still rocking Core2 Quads from '07 and can easily play AAA shit today

xBONEx

Nextbone

xxx_Xbox_xxx

Too many active and recently active consoles from Microsoft.
Consumers will sour and ignore, how big is the blank slate kiddie demo?

Well, that's probably a good thing for video games, considering AAA is already unsustainable and needs to be propped up with microtransactions and dlc and shit and indies are largely just shovelware trash and artfag jerkoffs.

Japan seems to be the only country that still has game development studios that routinely pump out AA games, and that's mostly because nobody owns game consoles in Japan anymore so everything has to be done on a budget that can be recouped on what sales there are still to be had or made to run on last generation PC hardware or mobile shit.

What the fuck is going on?

That's not how resolution works though.

To create good 1080 textures and screens, you still shoot film/create game textures in 4k (or above. I worked on the Black Sails series and we shot it native 8k to bring it down to 4k).

The emphasis on trying to make games like film, which you cannot because film is close to what the mind sees when done well (kino), is what is killing games; games are what the mind is feeling when seeing visual stimuli. This is why control in the game is so important, and why cutscenes are bad. Any time control is wrested away from the player, you run the risk of severing a fragile cord between a player and the game, akin to flipping on the lights during a horror film.

Dark Souls succeeds in this as a way to tell a story in a way only video game can; through the actual gameplay via discovery and the meta-aspect of dying.
There are other games, but this is the best example.

This. The past decade hasn't seen as much of a jump as people think. I was maxing most games until recently with an i5 ivy bridge and a gtx 570.

Where are the games?

How many Canadian peso's is that?

Every time you get kinda tempted, put an equal amount of money in an ETF/micro-ETF.

Done deal.

I skip all cutscenes in games. If I wanted to watch a movie, I'd put in a movie. I also think it's because my brain can't switch between two states that quickly (active and passive entertainment).

650 on a good day, 700 most likely

honestly, after the shitshow that was the original xbone reveal I thought Microsoft couldn't fuck up any moreā€¦ I was wrong. this is the same thing 3DO did, they over priced and over estimated their shitty console and no one bought it. History repeating itself?

ARM will never become a major desktop architecture. Just about everything about it is designed to prioritize power consumption over performance. You couldn't choose a worse architecture for a system where power consumption isn't as much of an issue. (Mostly only an issue because of heat)

Pretty bold especially when there is only maybe two graphics cards on the market (1080ti and titan xp) that can reliably hit 60 fps at 4k on most games. You're only going to see the XXXboneXXX hit 60 fps at 4k with racing, fighting, and other low resource intensive games.

user, your suffering is nothing.

I've worked in vidya since 2009. I was speaking with some coworkers today and none of us could name anything at E3 of interest except, in passing, for the game we're working on.

Now I got to spend tonight looking at Bethesda making 'kill whitey' and paid mods while MS shoots themselves in their already-amputated foot on top of EA shilling Battlefront 2 with MTX.

This feeling is awful. I also realized that most of the vidya I've been playing lately has come out 4+ years ago.

Why the fuck am I even in this industry any more

What do you think of the Devolver "conference" so far?

If you actually make games, then please make the most based, offensive, shitlord game that you can.
Also what have you worked on in the past?

Because it pays the bills user

If he does he needs to fucking leave, most of the equivalent jobs in the vidga business pay way more in other industries.

Not yet. I thought Devolver was skipping E3 or something? I do like most of what they publish, though. A small island in a seat of piss.

You can't user, not unless you don't need funding. I work for a studio that's part of a big publisher (Activision), so anything that can't sell 10 billion units is too risky unless it has nothing for a budget. This is why most of the actual innovation in games takes place in the indie scene.

I've worked on, among other games, a CoD, some mobile shit, WoW for a little bit, and, recently, some minor shit for Destiny. Also freelanced for that shitty Colonial Marines game, a Cabella game, and some other random shit.

user, the vidya industry traditionally pays pretty middling wages for the type of work you do and how much time you have to spend doing it. Programmers could make 2x their salary if they did the same job at a bank and it'd be 1000% less stressful.

Is correct.

And for extra rage, try imagining working in vidya during gamergate when you fucking know everything GG was on about was absolutely true.

It's okay user, I'm getting the feeling that a lot in the industry are getting really sick of this cancer to bear it anymore and starting to rebel. It's a lot better than 2014 or so when every game that came out was a pandering IlluminatiSoft title.

I was talking a small time game, a side thing you can do in your time off. I'm not expecting MGS 5 for polacks. More like MGS 1 (original, not twin snakes) for polacks.

Neat, you should start a thread telling us crazy stories of your time in the belly of the beast

Oh sure, but here's the core problem user:

Big budget games (your Battlefronts, Ass Creeds, Far Cry, CoD, etc) cost stupid amounts of money to make. Like.. stupid amounts of money. However, the cost of new games at retail has stayed the same ($60) for the last decade while the cost to make them has increased exponentially. This is why you see MTX infesting everything; because without it, we would't make any money.

So because of that, if you want to make a big game, it has to be able to sold by absolutely goddamn everyone and that means the game can't be too easy, too hard, too offensive, too bland, or anything else; you have to go right in the middle of the road.

The industry has been stagnating since 2010 or so.

Can't, user. Most studios / companies make you sign contracts that say, basically, any vidya you make on your own belongs to them. I'd have to quit and then try to make something, but then you're fighting against a billion shitty titles on Greenlight or whatever. It's not impossible, but it's just really hard.

Yeah, maybe. I'm a little drunk tonight. Maybe if I'm depressed enough by the end of E3, I'll make something.

That's retarded, but understandable.

And I'm looking forward to your thread user.

Consider my ass corrected
Thanks Anons

No promises.

If I make a thread, I'll use this picture.

If anyone tries to spoof it, I'll try to post proof.

I say boneX. as going xXx_Xbox1_xXx would be a pain to spell out every time.

my vote goes to either XB1X or XBOXOX

As long as the bone remains, the TV!TV!TV! shame remains, so all variants that keep it are ok in my book.

Even the Pope has lost faith

Kinda laughable how they're still sticking with bulldozer despite zen being out in the wild.

wtf I owned the story that was just the paper it was stored on

micro$hit must still think we're the goodest of goyim

Irrelevant, as 4k is near impossible to distinguish from 1440p, and 1440p requires very few people to buy new shit for a very long time.

Can you understand the concept of love?

I LITERALLY HAVE NO MONEY. I NEED A FREE CAKE AND KNOWING I'M DEALING WITH A FUCKING KIKE I KNOW I'M GETTING JACK SHIT. UNLESS OF COURSE I WAS UNBANNED

Its fucking sad that dickheads can, in their spare fucking time, produce solid emulators and these dumb cucks cant

DEATH IS THE ONLY WAY OUT FOR KIKES
UNBAN

Maybe the game devs should be the publisher