I've recently watch a e-sport tournament for the first time….didn't look so bad...

I've recently watch a e-sport tournament for the first time….didn't look so bad, ive also learned some tips to use in my games why is being shat on constantly? What's wrong with e-sporting?

It's boring shit for niggers, that's all.

It's the pretentious attitude by publishers and marketers. So many games sell themselves as an sport with depth. They tell you their game deserves to be considered a great competitive title without having ever earned it.

The disgusting part is, all the games that earned this credibility, from fighting games to Brood War to even fucking Dota 1, did so the hard way. They built great games. Those games drew in an honest community that stood the test of time, with people following and playing nonstop. Whether they were poor or well to do, they came. For some, LANs and the arcades were just a distraction, for others a badly needed escape. But more than that, they were the one place they could find people who could see just how beautiful the game they loved was, who'd get why it was so fucking fantastic that they'd want to dedicate their free time to it. Because of that love, those communities endured, and made something out of love of the game. Eventually, developers noticed, and many of them got elevated into things where their fans could make their passion their full-time jobs. That's a wonderful thing, isn't it?

But you can't just cook that up in a lab. Yet look at Riot, look at modern Blizzard, look at 343 and EA and other cancerous pretenders. They use tournaments as advertisements. They get big names to commentate about it. They act like their games have earned your attention, when really? At best, it's too early to tell; at worst, everyone already knows the game is fucking trash. Why celebrate garbage? Often it's obvious the game is shit to even the talent trying to sell it, so they come across as drones. So much spectacle, so much attention, so much hype and money shoved into utter shite that its disgusting stench drifts all over the net.

Competitive gaming at its purest is a celebration of a game taken to its highest level. What the publishers do is an insulting gimmick, where this passion can't be seen. That is what people hate about esports.

Esports are fine by themselves, the problem comes around when the developer of said game starts making the game worse for 99% of the players to cater exclusively to the 1% that is interested in playing competitively.

This is usually seen in Dota, LoL and mobas in general.

Because it requires the kind of mentality your average cuck would sport. Think I'm joking? You're literally deriving pleasure from watching someone else play with your toys. Often badly.

Because simply the word 'sport' is enough to trigger the fat fucks here.
also >>12761072

lel

Sounds like you should watch an actual sport instead

We have a pro gamer over here

Because as much as I find contact sports like American football to be dangerous it takes a certain level of physical fitness, discipline and genetic excellence to excel in these sports. With E-Sports you just need good eyes, no life( to perfect the mechanics of the game) and good hand eye coordination in combination with fast reflexes. The latter being probably the most demanding and closest to an actual sport requirement.

That's because we don't teach niggers how to tackle properly. Rugby has harder contact but less injuries because tackling form is actually important.

Pretty much this . And also 'E-sport', 'Digital Sports', became a parody of itself because it took itself far too seriously. It have birth to pretentious e-celeb faggots whose talent and selling point lies in what? A hobby, a bloody video game. They all act like typical snobbish 15 minute of fame trash. E-sport 'dramas' and stuffs.

It was supposed to be a gathering of people who genuinely love the game, who gathered from all corners of the world for some fun and laughter.

You couldn't be more casual if you tried.

Esports isn't bad if the game in question is deep enough to work on a high competitive level, the issue is that most games that call themselves "Esports" are just casualized shit that try to make everyone believe they are played on a high level.
Basically video related and what said

Don't insult me. I do it for free

Oh and this vid related too since it shows how companies that push Esports actually don't care about making the top players happy.

Because eSport implies an artificial competitive scene forced by the developer/publisher that often degrades the quality of the game as well as just being a shallow attempt for more money. A competitive scene should begin from the players, not the pockets of whoever made or distributed the game. Fighting games have done this especially well, with much of the community detesting the idea of being considered eSports. You can imagine that AAA garbage like Halo, CoD, Overwatch, and Gears of War are just terrible about this.

Oh, man SFV is pure trash. Tekken 7 is great stuff though because it did the complete opposite in terms of release, hopefully they do the opposite of Capcom when it comes to support.

Good post user

Watching Justin Wong actually helped me improve my Amaterasu game. No lie.

The issue is that it's effectively a congregation of try-hards.
And while you might be able to pick up a few things the people who partake in it are the worse.

So I don't need to know how to play video games to be a top level player?

Tell me your secrets, user.

stung by a bee ass looking motherfucker

It's a two pronged issue. On one side is the autistic crowd that wants to keep it actually competitive, which alienates new players and on the other side we have kikes and sjws who want the "sport" to be accessible to everyone. Because of this clusterfuck of ideals and retards we get garbage like nintendo wanting to be e-sports. In short, kikes and normalfags ruining shit as usual.

Because it's gay as shit.

1: making an OMG SO COOL AND ELITE sport out of a hobby that in our lifetimes used to be the sole domain of the antisocial loser is just plain weird
2: with esports becoming more popular, i've noticed people online becoming way more cancerous since now they think if they git gud they can make fat stacks and will be incredibly popular etc. nothing is worse than playing a team game of anything with one person who thinks they're competitive material, because they're the most demanding, annoying and self-centered tryhard assholes you can possibly be matched up with
3: it's stupid boring shit. watching koreans run the same builds and strategies for hours in starcraft is retarded, because virtually nothing really ingenious or skill-driven happens, unless it's fightan gaems
4: cancerous marketing makes me want to cringe myself inside-out. the people making money off of are the same people who tried to market gamer grub and the like. they have zero respect for the players or the hobby itself and simply use it as a vehicle to make them money

In LoL it got so bad it was ridiculous. Riot wanted to rework Riven into something else (which was admittedly not that bad and far from her current self), but a single top tier pr0 cried about it and said he would stop playing if this happened. All changes were dropped immediately. Because a single guy didn't want to get out of his comfort zone. Fucking think about it.

The other, big problem is that a lot of people try to imitate pr0s, but badly. They want to git gud at the game because the company has done its best to try to announce their competitive scene as really profitable, and so they try to copy whatever the FOTM e-celeb does. Anything outside the poorly imitated meta defined by the pros is shunned by the community, and this is an actual problem given their banning policies are anal enough to consider a winning unorthodox strategy something "toxic" that deserves a ban.

Putting LoL as an example again, the meta consists on one bruiser on top lane, a mage on middle lane, a CCer or jumper in the jungle, and a ranged carry and a support on bot lane. Why is this like that? Apparently some gooks studied it enough to determine this is the optimal game style, and so everyone uses it. The reasoning behind was giving the mage (usually a character with lots of burst and CC) the possibility to gank both top and bot, trying to spread out characters to maximize experience gains (which isn't as important in LoL as it is in DoTA), having one guy constantly doing ganks, and having carry and support on bot lane to control the dragon zone. Thing is, in practice, this rarely happens as much as you think it should, specially controlling the dragon.

Funny thing is, if you watch the pro tournaments, they are all constantly roaming and lanes seem to become irrelevant, but lower leagues (and even high leagues, but not the highest) keep maintaining the lane meta without really understanding it, which is why most players shit the bed hard when you send a bruiser to the bottom lane.

The Rocket League LAN last weekend was pretty fun to watch. They do overdue it with the commentating and analysis between the matches though. I don't really have a problem with them otherwise.

this was one of hte reason why i ended up quitting the game after enjoying it for years, the other one being the constant changes to items and champions for no real reason
wanna have fun picking a champion and an unorthodox playstyle you enjoy? too bad, here ban fuck you.
it's fucking silly, i want to do something fun like taric top lane because he has grazy good survival, or zilean top/mid because he's fun and everyone starts shitting on me for not going bot
WHY DID THEY RUIN TARIC SO MANY TIMES

It was so funny to demolish your usual 1VS1 ME FAG top laners with old Taric too.
Glass waiting to be smashed

I haven't paid attention to LoL ever since that one guy got banned by Pendragon for using the Random-Champion feature in ranked matchmaking. Shit-tons of places wrote that poor bastard off as "oh he was a repeat troublemaker he had it coming lol" and did everything in their power to avoid discussing that he'd been banned for using a game feature because it wasn't supported by the mouthbreathing pros' meta.

Blitzcrank/Xin Zhao bot is batshit insane in normals and some of the lower leagues. The carry gets shut down so hard with eternal CC and insanely high burst it makes winning the game almost impossible for the enemy team. Sometimes it fails, but it's not the norm, yet people are STILL retarded enough to report you for "trolling", no matter how positive your K/D/A ratio is or how you forced them to surrender at 20 because their only hope for late game was destroyed.

Let's remember as well this is the game where mods outright stated you can get banned for not following some obscure arbitrary rules in A CUSTOM GAME. ARAM before it became an official gamemode; the unwritten rule was not buying a Guardian Angel, which the guy did. Given this can't be directly blamed to their super srsbsnss e-Sports obsession because ARAM was as close to a party game as the engine allowed, chances are it was because mods carried their anal policies TO A FUCKING CUSTOM GAME.

careful goy, can't be caught having fun, now can we

And SFV.

They're bread and circuses for your satiety idiot, that's not something to be proud of. Rome is burning.

People here are just contrarian no matter what, even when it's not logical to. Competition is human nature, and ever since games have existed, players have competed against each other. There's nothing wrong with big sponsored tournaments. I for one enjoy watching fighting game tournaments, it's entertaining and also you learn some things from watching people play much better than yourself.

It's not the tournaments that are being shat on. There's nothing wrong with competitive gaming.

"eSports" is a blanket term for what people in business suits are trying to do to competitive gaming, which is turn it into a spectator sport that you can watch on ESPN and other such networks. The problem with this is that it kills passion, creativity and personality in the scenes of these games, just so that these business suits can sell more energy drinks and game controllers to an audience of niggers who don't know when they're being played.

Multiple times, eSports events have asked players to "behave more professionally" and asked for content to be censored in games so they can market it to a TV watching audience. This is what makes eSports cancerous, it wants these games and their communities to shut up and be stifled just so that they can sell more products via commercials. It's stupid and cancerous, and competitive gaming communities should be opposing it with all their might.

Good post. Capped for posterity. You know what the funny thing is, though? There are many contemporary examples of publishers trying to buy their way into the esports scene or erect their own leagues. SFV had an atrocious launch, but Capcom managed to fund a fucking television show about high-level competition instead of fixing the damn game. Overwatch is the definition of a casual game for babies, but that didn't stop Blizzard from inviting a bunch of real sports teams to sponsor their league, and in doing so made the people who had been taking games seriously (your Cloud9s, your Teams Solo Mid, your Immortals, etc.) pay out the ass or starve in the cold.

Vid is related to the Overwatch stuff. It's a long video, but the guy does know what he's talking about even if I had never heard of him before. Seeing Blizzard try to purchase legitimacy is so fucking cathartic.

FUCK YOU PATRICK KLEPTICSTIENENBURG! ARES DID NOTHING WRONG. YOU BELONG IN THE GRAVE WITH YOUR DEAD DADDY WHO BOUGHT YOUR WAY INTO E3!

Here's your post, by the way, as well as the first half of a video you may find interesting.

They forbade the outfit for R. Mika in EVO because those kikes just hate gamers, only reason I can think of since TV and movies are full of their degenerate propaganda, stuff far worse than the busty bikini fighter girls from fighting games.

Part 2

ESPN said Mika's default outfit was too revealing, which we know is true because Fuudo's interpreter stated it.

Clearly you're fucking retarded and fail to understand my point. I guarantee you ESPN has cheerleaders in bikinis at some sports events. I guarantee you every single channel on TV has at least that much "nudity" or even far more. So the reason is complete bullshit. It would not have been banned if it had been anything else than a game.

Cheerleading is a wholesome American pastime, user. Obviously we can't have those infernal video games with their virtual hussies barely wearing anything. Do you seriously think telling Fuudo to change the costume was part of some agenda? They would have told his opponent the same thing if he'd been playing Cammy.

You missed the point entirely you fucking retard. JewSPN doesn't give a shit about gamers, they just know that normalfag gamers are hardcore hyperconsumers who watch games by the millions, and they want to lure gamers into watching eSports on their network so they can rake in those sweet advertising dollars from Monster and BenQ and all these other stupid companies that want to cash in on us.

Changing the costume is them trying to make it more viewable for normalfags who might get offended and send them letters.

That was my point, retard. I was reiterating it to disprove which stated Mika's costume change was hypocritical because sports teams have cheerleaders who are at least as revealing as Mika.

Normalfaggotry at the highest level

Yep, confirmed for retarded. You literally repeated what I had just said and now claim that you did it to disprove what I said. Maximum retard.

Do you seriously not understand that it was? It was all about feminism.

To be short and simple:
It's the new aim for multiplayer gayme devs to aim towards instead of being fun,this leads to a very cancerous environment where people won't bother to enjoy or play a multiplayer game unless it's "competitively viable",like enjoyment shouldn't be the endgame.
However this:>>12761072 and this>>12761719 user said it best:
It's the new hype and marketing machine,not an honest enjoyment of the game inofitself through great plays."Sports" and "tournaments" should start from the players,otherwise it's just a glorified marketing campaign.

You talking about Tyler1?

Holla Forums despises people who watch video games and don't play video games, despite the fact that they don't play video games and just complain about video games.

Like most other things, it probably just boils down to being pissed that people can make money doing fun shit while they have to work in the salt mines every day.

It even affects other games.

WFTO because of that design theme was made into a mediocre game.

lurk moar

I'll show you who's boss of this gym.

Anime evo > evo, prove me wrong.

Pro tip:You can't

I wanted to point out user said Dota 1.
Dota 2 has gone the same way as most games; trying to be a spectacle that keeps the consumers happy rather than rewarding highly skilled players. From what I hear its currently 'alright', but the game has many elements of chance in it and how many times have you heard someone bitch about come back mechanics? Not to mention they bumped down the cost of common consumables so people can stay in lane and are able to teleport to help each other, which had the added benefit of making it easier at low level games, but making things like tower dives much more dangerous.

They're more often than not made only for people to watch and they are awful to play

I guarantee you all the people who complain about that play on normal skill tier around 2k

Of course no one who plays Dota 2 is complaining. The percentage of people playing Dota 2 that also played Dota Allstars to a meaningful degree is going to be in single digits. And when I say 'meaningful degree', I don't mean someone who played 5-10 games and went 'oh okay, I get it'.

Of what little I played of Dota2 I didn't hate the game, in fact I really liked it. What I hated was the teams I was playing with and against. Having every match be a 4v5 or playing with complete idiots who seem to lack basic motor skills or communication stopped me dead in my tracks in about my 10th pvp match.
Would it be worth giving a second chance?

Did you just fucking copy the webm in these ( >>12763181(
posts and never really bothered to say HOW it actually is like you describe>

You know TPs have a cast/channel time for a reason,right?I mean the only riskier now because there's a higher chance of the enemy being ther from before,doing so as a response to a tower-dive would mean:
Generally speaking unless you can tank tower shots and you have a teammate nearby,if the enemy you were supposed to kill with the tower dive has enough HP to stay under the tower long enough for enemy TPs to be an issue to the tower divee,what the fuck are you tower-diving for,jackass?

Lastly you seem to miss the point of the post,idiot.Dota 2 is a continuation of Dota 1 as it was updated in tandem with Dota 1(until 6,80 something if memory serves correct) and it was handled by the same guy who was handling Dota 1.Any "pro play" didn't start until after years of Dota 1 and Blizzard didn't fund all the enthusiasm about Dota itself,it was done FOR the community BY the community.Contrast this with the completely artificial LeL environment.
The point wasn't if the games mentioned are or how not competitive or how correctly competitive anymore,but how the circumstances of creating an "e-sports environment" was created, as in the "e-sports environment" big companies are creating as a glorified marketing campaign.

To me it just seems like you're trying to piggyback off his post and a couple of webms in this thread to complain about how Dota has changed for the worse without elaborating how it has changed for the worse.

It's a mixed bag.
Sometimes you can get some of the chillest dude in the comfiest environments or some of the most nail-biting situations you had in games.Other times temper tantrums are thrown and it can devolve into bitching.
Basically if you got a thick skin and you can take a loss it's not too bad.Nowadays pub games tend to be faster(generally about 30 mins) and while poor connections are common,quitting is much more rare due to the strict low priority punishment regarding quitters.Also any of the more egregious tantrum throwing children tend to stay in Low Priority forever since you actually have to win games in there now to get out of there.

Remember to avoid Ranked until you're ready or just don't get too invested on your MMR,since ranked is Tryhard Central and most people there will have little tolerance for any kind of shit.Lastly, don't burn yourself out,it's a game,not a job.

Polite Sage due to off-topic discussion.

Randoming in a ranked match is as good as griefing if it's not the very first pick. You may be ignorant, but I'll tell you, in a game of dota heroes are balanced for specific roles and in a ranked match where the line up of your team is extremely important is risking getting a terrible pick.

Only with friends. The game's fun but 1/3 of games you will have that one guy doing something stupid so it's better if you have someone competent with you
Solo queue is hell on earth

I don't have friends.

I will be your friend user. Post id

No offense but I'll pass. I don't think I'll even play the game.

ok

This

The part where you describe it as a "sport" mainly. We've got nothing against tournaments but when you go all SERIOUS BUSINESS and I'M A PROFESSIONAL SPORTSMAN NOW all over it, you are begging to get made fun of. Also drama. E-sports tend to have shitloads of it, probably because of all the self-important faggots.

When it comes to team games like ASSFAGGOTS, it also gets made fun of because e-sports watchers always want to copy the pros but don't realize that their skill level's meta is so completely different they're just being retarded by not adjusting their playstyle to the match that they are actually playing.

How exactly does catering to high-level competitive players ruin the game for anybody? This generally means combating cheese tactics in order to ensure skill beats skill, and balancing the game properly.

no, you see, that is exactly why people talk shit about it. They're the cheesers and the exploiters that keep putting their turret in the same fucking corner and only camp with snipers on one side of the map, and as soon as they catch a player sniping or putting their turret somewhere else, they blow up the chat with how many hours they have in the game, their K/D ratio, and all the other reasons why you should only do one thing and never ever do anything differently forever

jesus christ fucking this
meta is the worst shit because it always revolves around abusing op mechanics

Because usually those tactics and skills can only be used if you spend months constantly playing the game and doing nothing else.
If you're someone that plays the game semi casually who doesn't have the opportunity to either play with good people or to learn these skills by yourself then the game will be completely emptied of any fun.

Usually a game is played competitively because people like it enough to play a lot of it and get good. With games made exclusively for e-sports, people play them to death exclusively so they can become perfect at them. And that's just not very fun if you don't go 100% in.

Anybody here remember when G4tv/TechTV had its own tournaments and shit?

Gooks do that. They dont innovate much, they boil shit down and drill superhard

Thats kind of awesome.

You mean Disney Kikes.

Disney own ESPN

No, meta is frequently a case of slavishly playing follow-the-leader and screeching at anyone who doesn't. When Ember Spirit first came out in DotA 2 I got so much shit for rushing TP boots on him and telepushing because you just don't build TPs on Ember. You're supposed to build Phase or shit, even though having remnants on the other side of the map thanks to TP boots is a ridiculously powerful escape and the TP gives you very strong farm power. Then some pro did it and everyone started doing it because it was the new meta, and if you didn't do it you would get shat on. There are so many idiots who repetitively follow build guides regardless of the game they are in and will rage if you do anything differently from their envisioned "meta" even if it doesn't reflect the actual meta you are in that game.

It's one of the reasons why people consider ASSFAGGOTS cancer.

Stop playing with low skill twats then of if the the game has a meta where you cannot deviate without risking the chance of losing then you shouldn't be playing such a shitty game. In not shit games meta is just the baseline for what works with the average population, you learn the cookie cutter before you get into the meat of the game. Those at the top usually are the innovators of techniques and after a big win it slowly trickles down the ranks until the cycle repeats itself. That said majority of esports titles right now are total trash, OW is stale as two week old wonder bread, LoL is trash by design and I've seen more organizations pick up H1Z1 teams then anything else lately. (If someone can explain to me how this game works at high level I'd appreciate it).

The best titles are the ones that casuals can pick up and play while those good at video games can raise the ranks to the point where matches at the average skill level and one at the higher skill levels play like two completely different games. Rocket League is a perfect example, Paladins is also decent right now but its a HiRez game so its automatically shit anyway.

eSports is the ultimate way for corporate gaming companies to tell gamers that video games aren't a hobby, but a marketable product that will reap profits and popularity.

Most of these games have dogshit MMR systems, mate. DotA's MMR is infamous in that it hits the team equally based on win or loss so the worst and best players on the team are treated the same. I can have a string of 15-4-10 kda (kill/death/assist) losses and my mmr will sink the same as the idiot who went 0-20-5. In ranked matches when your win-loss ratio is determined more by which team has the biggest idiots rather than which team has the best players, escaping low mmr idiots can be quite difficult, and once you start experimenting in pursuit of the best mmr-boosting build, you might find yourself making more mistakes from trying new things in ranked games and sliding further down.

Yeah definitely, I prefer elo based games where you're pretty much guaranteed to rise if you're good at the game and the MM only goes full retard when you're in the top% at which case you should be finding a team to play with since you don't really develop anymore as a player. I stopped playing Dota 2 pretty much because of this, it feels like unless you're playing with a stable group you shouldn't even bother playing the game.

I liked my mini affair with dota but it was funner watching games then actually playing it after a point. It feels like it has the WoT MM where nothing you do actually matters in the win/loss of the game.

Because literally all of them play a retarded rule set or cheat.
A massive amount of fucking sniper mains in Competitive TF2 cheat.
6s has retarded server settings that nerf the ability for Soldier and Demo counters to function because the format is literally so fucked. As in Pyro's have a longer air blast delay meaning rockets and pipes can be shot through pyros
Heavies have reduced resistance to blast push force making them worse at tracking soldiers and demos firing at them.

How exactly? And why? I'm guessing the rest of the competitive scene is okay with it for some reason, or do they just not know who does and doesn't?

Lmaobox and other Aimbotting software.
They make money regardless so they aren't going to do shit about it. It only became an issue when VAC finally caught a ton of competitive snipers.
WHICH FUCKING LEAD TO THEM THREATENING TO SUE VALVE FOR LOCKING OFF THEIR ACCOUNTS

It's the same thing as trying to recreate a moment. It's taking something that grew naturally and trying to recreate it, which leaves you with a half-baked, sterile version of what you had before. What was once a friendly, cut competitive environment is now a huge spectacle to make money. A tight-knit community of players testing their skills and having fun is now people playing a shallow game for money and fame (or in Pokken's case, furry porn).

TL;DR A small community got overrun by Jews.

high level competitive players show up where they show up. lately the issue is trying to force it.

… I wasn't aware of that. Did they really get paid like that?

some dude won a tournament as braixen and said he did it for the lewds

And that man was a hero.

fucking kill yourself phone poster

did it work?

Yes.

wow, that is pretty heroic.

git gud.

The leavers were on both teams user. It was even worse when there were three leavers once, I tried my best but in the end it wasn't enough
And it sucks too because the support characters in dota are really well made. Not healsluts but more buffs/debuffs/utility type abilities, I love that shit.

There's nothing wrong with video game competition. It's the practice of using said competition as a marketing tool that people hate.

Funny, it's the complete opposite for CS. Valve has been dumbing it down consistently since around 2014.