.Hack is now a dying Mobage series but SAO gets more retail releases ever year

.Hack is now a dying Mobage series but SAO gets more retail releases ever year

Do you feel it?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/212244
nyaa.si/view/646209
nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/646207
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've given up on a decent .hack release a long time ago. This is nothing new to me.

theyre both absolute shit

Everyday.

Are they selling mobage SAO games?
Isnt SAO a better game than it was as a cartoon?

Who's that semen demon?

Actual vidya too.

I'm yet to play sao anything, but I watched that one .Hack anime and it was tear-inducingly boring. At least in sao you have boobies and decent action scenes.

The same fate befell Breath of Fire, Wild ARMs, Valkyrie Profile and countless others. Remember their sacrifice.

The digits have spoken.

Battlechess is long forgotten but Fire Emblem is still getting releases.

I want SAO to be consumed on a ball of fire

What's with that blank white space between 0:14 and 0:15?

Proof that likeable character designs will carry a product more then philosophical prose.

I just finished playing through G.U. recently after beating IMOQ. Makes me sad that the only thing to look forward to for .hack at this point is the fan-translation for .hack//LINK. Shame there's not much reason to make threads for the series these days.

If it was .hack//Sign, Sign is admittedly not a show for everyone. I liked it, but I can see how others wouldn't. Credit where it's due though, that anime actually got the nature of MMOs, and as such wound up a lot more heavy on character interaction and communication than combat. Also, the OST is great to the point that I'm pretty sure one doesn't need to be a fan of Sign to still enjoy the songs.

Those are the main ones that I can recall, at least as far as JRPGs go. I can only guess as to what will be next (Lufia maybe?). So many publishers seem to have it in their heads that they can and should toss existing fans of the prior console/handheld entries under a bus to chase the mobile crowd, who have likely never bothered with playing those series before and where what interest there is would be an unknown.

Only upcoming Wild Arms related thing I'm even looking forward to at this point is Re;Fire, an official arrangement set that Naruke's working on.

Star Ocean actually got a new game though. A mediocre one, yes, but at least there was some level of effort put into it.
FIORE MAKES MY COCK SO HARD HOLY SHIT

Overlord game WHEN?

Star Ocean still counts in the list though. Because shortly after SO5 they announced a mobile game for it (Star Ocean: Anamnesis). It seems like Square was pretty quick to relegate the series to mobile hell after Star Ocean 5, though I'll admit I'm honestly surprised it even saw a fifth main entry after how bad I've heard The Last Hope was.

Nah, we need more anime episodes first.
It seems like every single one of those mmorpg animes that aren't SAO are destined to die.
Which is why I want SAO to die on a ball of fire.

Oh shit, first I heard of that. Also The Last Hope was ungodly, indeed.
Speaking of horrible things. If you don't want to blow your brains out, don't go searching up the whole censorship debacle with SO5, jesus christ. I didn't even know about it given that I only learned SO5 was even a thing literally the day it released. I still regret it no matter how much I, regrettably, enjoyed it.

Would be interesting to see how they would make a game out of it.

I always wondered if Ainz is going to turn his base, or build a new one because "muh guild memories" into a Deathtrap Dungeon kind of place where he lures adventurers in with promises of riches and OP items so that the guardians have something to do and don't get an existential crysis. it could be a roguelite if you play as the adventurers or like a spooky theme park sim if you play as the Overlord.

Or maybe something like an RTS where you get to summon stuff that absolutely wrecks everyone's shit for a limited time?

Or something spin-offy like "Demiurge introduces the rest of the guardian to the Supreme Beings' favourite pastime: DnD"

I remember hearing rumor that Sword Art Online essentially started out as .hack fanfiction with some names and elements switched once the author wanted to actually make money with it. Not sure how true it is, but if so, I guess that makes the infamous chapter 14.5 (or whatever it was) a .hack fapfic of sorts.

Interestingly enough, I wound up getting into a conversation about .hack and SAO with an employee at a Circle K of all things.
Was an odd, yet not bad conversation.

Have some more music. Fuck Victor Entertainment for mass blocking .hack related music uploads to jewtube in the west.

I don't have to because I still remember the threads about it prerelease. I know Square's the most well known JRPG related dev/publisher in the west, but they'd do well to stop trying to cater to western journokike "sensibilities", if at least for the sake of their own local audience suffering for the west's SJW demands. But maybe they just wanted a chance to bury a series they weren't too fond of? Square seems to have a dislike for Enix's older franchises, given how the only game Enix formerly published on the PSN or VC is ActRaiser. Just a thought, I don't know. But I'd swear some companies make shitty efforts, be it in development or localization, to have an excuse to not waste their money/time on a series they may not be real fond of making, or at least bringing west.

I find it slightly humorous that the whole reason Tri-Ace was bought by a mobile company was so said company's offerings could expand to different customer-bases, yet SO5 was apparently not well received, and I don't hear much about Exist Archive to know if it's anything but iffy. Meanwhile, both Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile get pushed into mobile, so I suppose that's screwed up whatever plans the purchasers' of Tri-Ace had for them.

yo my man you got any torrent for .hack sign?

you just reminded me that i wanted to watch it years ago but forgot to and i searched for it on KAT but that needs an account and i aint about to make an account on that site

Lufia was already defiled on the DS when they remade the first one as a shitty fucking action RPG with modern j-pop character designs.

it's a honeypot now bruv

which site am i supposed to use now?

just use qbittorent's search engine

The show? Nope, sorry. I try to avoid issues with my internet as far as torrenting and seeding goes. You can try asking on /a/ (or perhaps /rec/ might be better; not sure if asking for a torrent location would fall under /a/'s "no spoonfeeding or recommendation threads" rules). Maybe the share thread here as well, as .hack// is a middle ground between games, anime, novels, and manga.

The music though, if you want to flip a middle finger to Kiketor Entertainment (who have blocked pretty much everything that isn't a fucking Nightcore for Sign on jewtube out here in NA), KHInsider has both OSTs for the show. Despite being a Kingdom Hearts fansite, they sure do everyone a service by allowing OST uploads/downloads for numerous other video games and anime.

could i do something similar with deluge or is the search function only available on qbittorrent?

yeah i meant the show but i guess ill try what the other user suggested and search through qbittorrent

oh for fucks nigger here:

nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/212244

nyaa.si/view/646209

Sorry wrong nyaa link for Roots: nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/646207

thanks user :)

Is there anything special about overlord that could be made in a game?
I mean in log horizon they got this super snowflake skills that only you can use in the game, that will never ever happen in real MMOs

Sage for off topic
Holy shit, that thing still exists? Were you ever on that back in the KH2.net days before the original Admin handed the reigns over and the whole site rebranded/started purging the old guard?

Log Horizon had special snowflake skills? Did you mis-type SAO?

.hack is the only "mmo" anime/game/series ive ever enjoyed
I suppose Digimon also counts but never felt it was treated that way until the newer games and animes

If you're going to the trouble of downloading something for your collection, why would you settle for mp3s? It took about 2 minutes to find this in lossless.

.hack is superior to SAO in everything but appeasing to the lowest common denominator.

Being better than SAO isn't a high mark. I loved .hack when I was younger, but music aside it does not hold up well.

you mean that piece of shit jrpg from the ps2?

I'm not gonna say .hack is perfect, because it isn't, but the worldbuilding is pretty fucking good for being a franchise about an MMO that doesn't actually exist. .hack has some plot, mystery and twists, as well as reasonable logic that SAO doesn't even get close to. For example, .hack's game mechanics actually make sense; the hacking ones not so much, but oh well.

No, I wasn't. I've honestly never given Kingdom Hearts the time, being that I'm not much of one for Disney and from what it sounds like the ongoing story has become a clusterfuck. Main reason I even bother with the site, or mention it, is their ridiculous (given how limited you'd think the subject of the site would make such a thing) selection of music uploads. Wouldn't shock me if (KH3 news lately aside) that's become the major source of their traffic.

I'm not much of one for torrenting if that' what you mean; would rather not raise flags with my internet provider. As such I usually look for direct downloads (and KHinsider has become my first stop when I can't find something on youtube, by virtue of how much they have there). Or did you mean that you found those elsewhere without a need for torrenting?

Either way, the G.U. uploads there are at least better quality than some of the youtube uploads I've heard. This one in particular tends to have issues if you're just listening to it on youtube (though I think even ingame it has some issues with crackling, but I'd have to go back and check).

Having just finished G.U. in the last few weeks, I wouldn't call it perfect, but it holds up well enough to me. The difference in combat between G.U. and IMOQ, even the mere addition of the Skill Trigger, would make the latter the harder to go back to, especially if you were to come from G.U. first. I'm glad I played R:1 and R:2 in order.

It was hot garbage user. I played it.

Is English not your first language? In a ball of fire.

I wouldn't worry about SAO games in the long run. Bamco seems hellbent on earmarking 2/3rds of the game's content as DLC packs to be sold for a total of at least $200, and even EA is learning that business model doesn't stay profitable forever. Maybe Bamco'll give .hack a try again when they finally run SAO into the ground.

Its telling that people love perfect self inserts and waifus now, that just seems to be where the money is.

The site's existed for over a decade along with KH2 you dipshit, no shit.

Becasue i dont have a portable player that play lossless

I'm just saying that given how all there's been since KH2 has been side games until Square's finally started to get more active on KH3, it wouldn't shock me if there's been a lull in actual series related interest for that time (I'm not sure just how popular the side games are compared to the numbered entries). Then again, I'm posting on no sleep right now, so maybe I am just being dumb, in which case, my bad.

I do have to wonder what caused them to branch out into hosting music for so many unrelated series though.

SAO came out as a novel really close to .Hack, but I really don't think it was fanfiction meant for money wasn't it written in an attempt to win a contest?

No, this user is right. Normalfags only know of the two main numbered games. Back in high school I knew a bunch of people in my classes that loved the series but only experienced or even knew about those two, one person still thought the video at the end of KH2 was going to be 3 and this was after BBS had come out.

It was, but Kawahara exceeded the word limit and was late so he couldn't submit it anyway. In his own words he 'expanded' on it since he wasn't constrained by those same limits anymore.

I look forward to people bemoaning this about the next MMO-based animu bullshit that replaces SAO

I found out a few years ago the composer did the soundtrack to Madoka Magica. I never got the hype behind Madoka but I also enjoyed the soundtrack to that show.

Kajiura's got her name on a good amount of anime series, which unfortunately includes Sword Art Online. Granted, I haven't personally watched SAO, so for all I know her compositions for it could be one of the few redeeming factors. I don't know.