I'm thinking of playing another FPS game when I'm bored of Unreal Tournament. How is Dirty Bomb?

I'm thinking of playing another FPS game when I'm bored of Unreal Tournament. How is Dirty Bomb?

It's grindy.
You have mercs that you have to unlock and several free ones.
Most cost 50 k points to unlock and a few 30k points. You earn points really slow.
Mercs have only a handful of weapon combinations. Like 3 primary weps, 3 secondary and 3 types of close combat weps.
You might end up unlocking a merk for 30k, but lacking proper loadout cards. To buy a specific card you have to pay 17 k points. Which is a lot.
Alternatively after some exerience you unlock random cards. But you often get cards for mercs you don't have or never wanted. There are some special cards that have up to 3 passive bonuses, which are pretty good but also really really rare.
There are a lot of abilities being used during the game. It's not entirely just shooting.
It can help you waste some time, but after a while you will quit it on your own.
The damage is considerably low. This is not like CS. Headshots deal enormous damage, but regular bodyshots, especially from weaker guns do very little damage.
Some classes are piss easy, others are not.
There aren't really all that many maps.
Beware of mine spam and air spam.

just pirate a game you fuck

Play Paladins.

Why on earth would you pirate a free multiplayer only game?

I didn't like that grinding part. Unreal feels very incomplete right now but at least I have everything I need except for cosmetics. How is balance at least?

Didn't think of trying that one because heard bad things about developers, Hi-rez or something. Don't know much though

Fuck off shill.

bad.
worst part is the maps. experience amazing tactical decisions like "left hallway or right." how is this even the same studio that made quake wars.

Oh shit never mind.
I saw the shareblue filename and it had me going off my fucking rocker.
You got me good.

Some classes are super easy. The mine spamming girl in particular. And some of the more expensive classes are pretty strong.
The usualy free2play faggotry.

wew, you autists are so easy to trigger

The game is surprisingly good. Hell, it's really darn fun even if you play by yourself. But like the other user said, it's grindy. Not grindy like other games where you need to spend months for a single weapon or item, but grindy when it comes to unlocking heroes.
Is that a bad thing? No, because you will most likely only play with 2 or 3 of them anyway. I personally main Redeye. He's basically Solid Snake with a M14 rifle. Costs 50K to buy

I stopped playing the game before Thunder got re-released. Is it worth it to get back into it ? I'm worried the only people left playing are veterans and I was already getting wrecked by those back then.

Did they touch Rhino ?

R6 Siege is grindier.

I'd say Dirty Bomb is grindier because most characters don't have their optimal loadout as the default so the best equipement is locked behind RNG cards. In R6 you can unlock one operator for each outfit pretty quickly and unlock attachements too. Subsequent operators are indeed expensive not to mention the bloated prices for DLC OPs. This is also supposing that the person playing didn't fall for the Starter Edition meme that purposely fucks you in the ass for trying to save money.

Really, everything you need is Thunder with MA42 card and Proxy with a card that has Lock-on. Preferably R51, the iron card's good enough.

Its alright. You will destroy everyone if you are even mediocre at UT.

But Proxy is boring to play. I wanna play as the Sticky Negro or Heavy Weapons Guy # 56467.
I'm surprised Thunder is good now though, I remember before the game got into open beta on Steam he was the worst merc hands down.

Isn't Dirty Bomb's player base literally just people from third world countries?

Its essentially modern Enemy Territory

I fucking hate Splash Damage like really hate this fucks but they dropped nexon recently

Still doesnt stop them from fucking the game up

That's pretty much the case with any F2P game, especially an online FPS or even any not-F2P game that has seen sales at low prices and is a couple years old.

Proxy is A CUTE.

This is accurate.

It is highly based around teamwork, so if your team is incompetent you are going to lose, badly.

But I would always be good enough to be able to make someone in the match my bitch, even if my team was losing. I would generally go after the other teams biggest shitter and make him suffer.

I don't find many russians ingame. But the amount of shouting french kids is frightening. They make me feel old.

Two days ago me and my friend got our ass handed to us by a 12 year old kid (had 2005 in his nickname) on Rocket League. He had only bots in his team too. Really made me feel old, the time where I could spend hours and hours on a single game solely to get good are starting to fade away.

Bump. Looking at F2P FPS games now I also noticed Planetside 2. I'd also like to know how that is

You can ask the Planetside 2 thread, they probably played more than we did