I can¡t play platformer games anymore. It used to be my favorite genre back when I was a kid and even as a teenager...

I can¡t play platformer games anymore. It used to be my favorite genre back when I was a kid and even as a teenager, but fuck it, nowadays I just can't get into it. Not even 5 minutes playing one platform game and I'm bored as fuck. I'm afraid even the last Mario/Nintendo platform games will do the same to me.

I don't know, I liked this genre so much when I was a kid and now it sucks so much i can't help feeling sad.

Because you're a Nintendildo. Play other platformers not developed by them and you might find something you'll actually enjoy.

You grew up. Be happy, I did too.

???

If you think Mario is the pinnacle of the platforming genre, you clearly haven't played enough platformers.

i liked freedom planet over supermeatboy and n+ over dustforce
guess i prefer platformers with puzzles and action

Where the hell do you get that from? I just think they are good platformers.

go play Shantae and the Pirate's Curse user.
I was in the same boat as you a few years back, playing Shantae let me have fun again though. Pirate's Curse is best Shantae, but they're all pretty decent games.

If you havent yet, go play Another Metroid 2 Remake as well, it's fucking great.

I already played that. Didn't work.

shantae or AM2R?

Shantae.

then go try AM2R

shantae has garbage level flow. only redeemable by waifus

please elaborate. I assume you're talking about Pirate's Curse?

it's been a while but I vaguely recall having to do retarded shit on the first level to continue and half of the time the shit you had to do was in some random location

You need more Kirby in your life. Even if you move on, he'll always be there for when you come back. ♥

you faggots have no taste

Nintendilido is an insult i will use

Great taste. Play this game, OP.

You could try playing Snake Pass, you might feel like a kid again.

Same OP. They're boring, simple. Move on and find/play genres you do like.

I just wish there were more 3d platformers, I can only live off of 2d platformers for so long, and I'm tired of replaying sonic generations.

Is it any good? Is it worth the 20$ or should I pirate it?

It's on igg, the controls are really cools once you get the hang of it, it is relatively short depending on how long you take to complete each level and if you're autistic about collecting all the shit.
You do need a controller to enjoy it though.
It was a commercial failure so far so play it and then buy it if you feel like supporting the devs I guess. I will not

Overrated 2hard4u Citizen Kane tier garbage. Get out of here you hipster fuckhead.

none of this makes no sense, because citizen kane was influential

stop trying to fit in goon

I replayed this recently, and despite the complete lack of challenge i enjoyed it immensely.
You just got to find the right games OP.

I'd be bored too if my knowledge in vidya was limited

Try to branch into other genres. Either Soul Reaver game would do you some good.

wrong on all accounts
also learn to interpret english, millennial

sure thing, 40 year old goon

platformers were never good

what's wrong with you niggers

The confession thread is over here, faggot.

oops it's here
didn't notice it because of the jap version name

Wait for the new Sonic game instead of forcing yourself to play stuff while you're already in a funk, otherwise you'll just end up feeling worse. Yes, even wait before playing AM2R, which is genuinely amazing.

GO PLAY THE WARIOS

If you find those unfun also then there's something wrong with you.

I don't know how people get into kirby, I 100%'d KDL2 as a kid, but past that I don't see any appeal to the series, they're just such easy games, and even if I hear people say "extra modes are legit" that's not relevant because I would have to play through the boring rest of the game to get there.

They're comfy games, user

You just go through them and have a good time. Different powers make it feel different. You can even do a powerless run, since all bosses create a projectile star you can inhale, but this can be very difficult.

You can die if you fuck up too much, too.

Umehara kawase is god tier. the whole trilogy is great, with Sayonara plus being my favorite. The weight and physics for all of them feel great, and launching yourself through a stage is really satisfying. Anyways OP, if games stop being fun, stop playing them for a bit. Desperately trying to recapture excitement you once had will only push it away even farther. There are some real good recommendations in this thread, so maybe write them down somewhere for later, but don't flip your shit trying to have fun. You can't force a mood.

They aren't about the difficulty tho the extra modes really are quite difficult it's true, they're mostly just meant for relaxing. The games have largely been released on handhelds, which means you can play them super casually, maybe relax in bed or whatever. as said, the different powers are pretty fun to mess with, and add a little bit of depth to it. Anyways super star ultra is the best game in the series so give it a try if you have the chance

The only pure platformer left is Mario. Did you play Mario Galaxy 1-2?

All others action platformers, like Megaman, which are contaminated with other genres. Metroidvania falls under the definition as well. Those tend to conflate all into a gray indistinct whole after a while.

It was all marketing. They are subpar moe platformers that you're already played a million times, in some form or another. I was one of the suckers who fell for it, I know.

Every time

= it has a grapplegun. You might as well celebrate shootemups because you can fly.

Show me 3 games that are like Umihara Kawase.

Having a grapplegun =/= doing a grapplegun right.
Do you even play video games

Sounds serious. I felt like you did for a while, I just went to the ones I particularly like, I guess what I like about platforming was exploration and background details, which is why I like Shantae and Metroidvanias, any "challenging" platformer becomes tedious quickly, like super meat boy, but Cave Story was alright. You just need to find what drew you to your genre and exploit it, I guess.

What is so great about this? I was really excited about playing it, but got bored. What's so fun about the physics?