Are there any other games on this level of the past decade, since 2007...

are there any other games on this level of the past decade, since 2007? Are there any upcoming games that may be this good?
New Vegas is my favorite game ever, I think. What the hell happened to Obsidian? I looked into them and they haven't done shit since New Vegas. How can you make something like that and then vanish?

Fallout 4

Skyrim

New Vegas is not even that good, a 6.5/10 at best considering how fucking shallow it is and the combat being so fucking lame. Don't get me started on the writing or the endless bugs.

read a book?
for vidya, the script was good. And please don't come back with deyuewsexx cringefest shitshow of pretension.

You get jewed by Zenimax, then your one talented guy quits/runs to InExile and makes a shitty game.

I've got spurs that jingle jangle jingle as I go riding merrily around
and they sing, "oh ain't you glad that you're single"
and that song ain't so very far from wrong
oh lily bell, oh lily bell
you know I may have done some foolin' but this is why that I never fell

Why should I conform with shitty writing on my RPGs just because books exist?

Don't reply to that shitposter. He does this every New Vegas thread.

What did he mean by this?

Holla Forums memes get you instantly filtered like the neo-neo-Holla Forums garbage you are.

Oh no!

He wants Bethesda quality games

I'll never forget the first time I played NV, ran an unorthodox weapons guy. Made it a point to never use guns. Not real ones, and not those laser beams either. No, just flame weapons and grenade launchers. Sometimes melee. Tried to lay out a series of traps outside a small are I claimed as my own after murdering the hobos that lived there. All I could really achieve was a moat of c4 I'd detonate if anything got close.

Good times. Now if only the devs were given the resources and time they needed to make this game GOAT.

I bet it's the same butthurt nigger that can't accept a few Cazadors and Deathclaws isn't really an impenetrable wall and he just sucks at finding creative solutions to straightforward problems.

it's not 2014, let Gamer goyim die plz.

yes, please tell us about your epic video fucking game writing lmao loser

Don't do this, user. A lot of people made New Vegas.

Did ZeniMax manage to actually buy out Obsidian?

No.

That was the one company I didn't know about. Thank you.

I didn't call anyone a shill?

I can accept that, but there's always one who covers the same points of writing and bugs and has given it a score 6.5 before. If the shoe fits. Besides, he's a (1)ne and done. Good odds I'm right. He's always so obvious.

No but it don't really matter since they can't make anything that's not shitty cliche fantasy with rtwp combat.

Those are your glasses?

The only fun part I had in new vegas was the old West Indian styled dlc. I didn't really like anything else. I know I'm gonna get called a shill but I just don't get why this game is jacked off so much.

The writing was not as bad as the other user claimed. I guess I didn't like the fact that you kind of felt like "just some guy" and nothing was special about you but dumb luck tbh.

Because most of Holla Forums doesn't actually play that many games, they love gloating about old vidya but rarely ever play them outside of the few popular ones like FFVII

Its like a shittier Morrowind.
Your start off walking the wrong direction getting ass raped by Cazadors and Deathclaws, by the end of the game you are a Demo-God one shotting things and exploding them into tiny chunks with an Anti-Matter Rifle.

The base gameplay is just awful, its a buggy mess, and it looks like hot garbage, but if you play on PC you can remedy a number of those problems with mods.

Lol!

Fuck explosives are so satisfying in FNV. Between the grenade launchers, and the 20mm fucking monstrosity gun, it's so fun to get the explosions perks and go full megumi.

You are everything wrong with modern vidya.

You can't remedy stupid with mods, unfortunately for some.

I wasn't speaking from personal experience, it was embellishment, taking things literally all the time is a sign of autism, perhaps you should get yourself checked.

there surely isn't someone that doesn't know to either use the 2 stealth boys you get at the start to get past deathclaws or the excessive amount of dynamite to cripple the cazador wings right?

Arguably The Witcher games. Just like in NV, gameplay is kind of lackluster, but games have decent writing, varied quests, and 1st one has a simple but rewarding alchemy system. Age of Decadence is good too. Alpha Protocol is worthwhile if you are willing to endure some rough gameplay.

Cyberpunk 2727, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, and new Divinity might be. There is also a group that worked on VtM:B fan remake, got cease and desist letter from CCP, and decided to develop their concept into a new IP.

Everyone competent left.

It's combination of Bethesda/Zenimax trying to take over the company through underhanded tactics and staff becoming increasingly SJW infested.

Thats the point. The writing makes you feel like you're a small part of a big event, instead of being THE EVENT. Like Skyrim or Fallout 4, where it feels like its all about you, when its supposed to be about the conflict in the story.

Offtopic, but this is one of the things I hate about skyrim quest mods. It's always "Dragonborn! At last you've come to save us!"
Does everyone in existence know you're the shouting man? One of the reasons why FNV quest mods are superior. It's about the conflict.

If 2007 was the end of all good, 2010 was the final bell in terms of good games because of all the inertia still left.

You mean unfinished and medicore as fuck in all segments?

Loads

Then at least name a few while bumping a half day old thread, you piss annoying whiny shit bitch.

Dont want to

Alpha Protocol
MGSV
Mercenaries 2

Anyone have the loli mod for NV? Can't find the lewd mod mod.

Not trying to be picky, but where did they go? They just left the industry? Sucks.

No

Probably back to something awful

I fail to see any problem there, want to win every fight every time? A game that kicks the players dick in for being oblivious is refreshing, we need more Cliff Racers and less trannies in games.

You are right about the shit-Morrowind thing, that said FNV vs nearly everything released lately? I know which I'm going with.

Alright, this has gotten ridiculous.
New vegas being better than Fallout 3? Arguable but fine.
New vegas being a good game? Very arguable but fine.
New vegas being a great game? No.
New vegas being Obsidian's best game? Absolutely not, go play Alpha Protocol.
New vegas being worthy of getting endless "Hey guys give me a list of essential mods, I'm totally an entirely new guy from last time :^)" threads? CTR tier clumsy shilling.
New vegas being worthy of such a ludicrously faggoty OP? I'm pretty sure you got cancer just from typing this.
Like, you're not fooling anyone, this is just bethesda shit but unfinished, and you're talking as if this was the greatest game of the decade just because it respects canon.

The most objective post in the thread. This kind of thread is inevitable, fallout past the third one attracted all sorts of cancer and all it takes is one okay game for them to cry 10/10 at the top of the hills. See the Zelda fandom, that shit is rife with this problem.

Hey guys give me a list of essential mods

Explain? Tell us how you would write such a high-quality piece of literature?

Explain? Tell us how you would write such a high-quality piece of literature?
Not him, but I would start with writing a book. :^)

This is pathetic, you have no arguments and are just proving his point that you fags conform to this turd.

Great argument.

We know it's you, Todd - no need to hide it.