SEEK HELP

Pathological gaming, or video game addiction, has been associated with problems in youth including depression and poor grades. There may be identifiable risk factors for becoming a problem gamer and suffering negative outcomes, according to a new study, “Pathological Video Game Use Among Youths: A Two-Year Longitudinal Study,” in the February 2011 issue of Pediatrics (published online January 17).

The study looked at more than 3,000 children in elementary and secondary school in Singapore. Researchers assessed pathological gaming, weekly amount of game play, impulsiveness, social competence, depression, social phobia, anxiety and depression. The prevalence of pathological gaming was similar to other countries – about 9 percent of young gamers. Children and teens who played more video games and who had lower social competence and greater impulsiveness were at higher risk of becoming pathological gamers. In addition to being a coping strategy for children who are already depressed or anxious, study authors suggest gaming can also increase some mental health problems. For example, a child’s baseline impulsiveness may become more pronounced once he or she is engaged in pathological gaming.

The authors identified depression, anxiety, social phobias and lower school performance as likely outcomes of problem gaming. Those who stopped being pathological gamers ended up with lower levels of these same symptoms, but still higher levels than the control group of children who never became pathological gamers.
aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/aap-press-room/pages/Video-Gaming-Can-Lead-to-Mental-Health-Problems.aspx

Cool. Maybe you should get help for sticking your nose into other people's business.

But, I'm an adult. That ship has sailed over a decade ago.

Okay but how do you cure it? It's not like you ask a Heroine addict to stop taking it.

FUCK STORMFRONT

This is in f u c k i n g s i n g a p o r e though.

Also.

Oh you mean a shithole? The sort of place that doesn't compare to a first-world nation?

And it also basically says it's a symptom of depression or trauma. Yet, they never say the shit gaming addiction causes might instead be caused by the former.

Shit like this hurts people who need proper treatment for the cause of their misery- not demonizing what few joys they have.

no
seek Allah

OP IS A BUNDLE OF TWIGS

Fuck yeah I am.

How's it feel?

This. I never even really liked games. They just let me get away from my miserable life for a while and kept my hands busy, because I've got a brain problem where I need to be doing something with them all the time. I still play occasionally but it's mostly retro stuff when I do. I have other ways to keep my hands busy now.

You just posted this shit on /newplus/ you fucking faggot. Go away.
>>>/newsplus/92224

A lot of words for:

Let's hook them on drugs! That will solve it!

You know what solved my pathological gaming addiction? Getting a fucking full time job. Some days I don't even turn on my consoles and just want to check some stocks listen to the radio and go to sleep. I only splurge on the weekends when I treat myself to a pizza and play to my hearts content.

I play video games because they are fun, rewarding and give me something to do besides deal with dipshits and social contracts all day. Its not all I do, but goddamn is it fun when I do it. There are a thousand worse things your children could be doing. Be thankful their vice is video games.

I graduated with honors while playing vidya.
Shit b8 m8, kill urself my man
>>>/suicide/

anything that keeps user inside and away from women is fine by me

When will they get it? I didn't drop out of university because I was playing video games, I dropped out because that place made me fucking depressed.

Will the "study shows" meme every disappear?

Same here.
Besides, "getting help" doesn't suddenly solve your problems. Chances are you're gonna be put on medication that will only fuck you up and empty your wallet.

Video games are a symptom, not a cause. It's modern life that's fucked up.

In my experience is natural when a kid gets addicted to gaming for a while, is like a new toy, as their taste and other interest develop they let it go, if for some reason there is nothing stopping them, well, there must be a reason, since it is literally an escape from reality then is just as simple as finding out why.

Good thing I don't play video games then.

Why stop doing it when it works wonders on the goyim?