Crossout

Is anyone playing this game?
It's currently in open beta and I just saw this video from Boris and it looked pretty fun.
The ones that made this is the same guys that made war thunder so it will probably go to shit after the beta is done, but who knows.
At least there isn't any russian bias right, right?

Haven't heard of it since it launched into alpha or whatever. Didn't have much staying power.

There's no russian faction/vehicles, why would there be? Better to ask if it's orky enuff.

I'm so low level so there is not much dakka yet.
But I built something like this that goes like it looks.

I'm downloading it right now. Fucking boris.

To bad this game is trapped in multiplayer fre to play, would be nice to have singleplayer campaing

I was waiting for it to exit closed beta. Thanks for the heads-up.

god why do good things happen to bad publishers

10/10 gaijin game, i'm sure all i need to do is spend just a few dollars to compete :^)

No thank you, could have been great but they just went with the standard arcadey grindfest.

Reminds me of Loadout with cars. It's probably going to add Russian cars and make them OP as fuck after beta or some shit, like in War Thunder.

Your own fault when you knew who made this.

Gonna give it a shot. Been eyeing the game for a while. Making weaponized shitboxes seems rather fun.

You like setting yourself up for disappointment, don't you?

It is but don't expect to make it far with just that.

this webm makes it look like so much fun. man, i really wish there was actual armour mechanics; making a heavily-armoured cab and lightly armoured weapon platforms/enclosures for radar and shit/etc would make for a genuinely innovative game

No doubt this game is going to be Robocraft 2.0 with more wasted potential but as far as driving shenanigans goes, it has Robocraft beat hands down.

It's an alright game. Played it in alpha. Worth at least a try while it's free (open beta) to see if you like it.

If it allowed for private matches with unlimited building for said private matches, I'd be in. Playing with randos is no fun.

It gets pretty bad when kills are pretty much the only thing that matter for rewards.

You do have to expect that kind of thing going into a F2P online game though.

is this free or not?

Like, seriously. If I could get a handful of friends all in one room on voice chat, and we could all play a game with a set power level, this game would be the tits. Even if it's unbalanced as hell, we could at least have fun with the mechanics, but like this?

It devolves into bullshit metagaming and overcompetitive play as people rush to get as much XP for themselves as possible.

Closest you'll get to that is forming a squad and doing one of their PvE missions which isn't bad but horribly balanced at the moment. The difficulty jump between Easy and Normal is huge HP of defense objects stays the same so avoid that and certain factions make it more trouble than it's worth Lunatics will murder everything in seconds if you can't kill/disarm them in one salvo.

I can agree on meta gaming being absolute cancer which is why I spend my time dicking around the lower brackets with shitbox builds.

War thunder has private matches, I dont see why this wouldn't.

Double shotguns are fucking brutal. Just sneak up on someone and unload and watch half off their health melt off.

The only problem is people can pick at you along the way if they see you coming. If you time it right you can usually blow off all of their guns in one good volley and render them invalid the rest of the fight outside of ramming.

At about two to two and half car lengths is when you'll be in that perfect zone of BTFO with shotguns. Once I get a cabin that can support it I'm gonna go three shotguns.

I could deal with the grind no problem if playing the game was actually fun.

Seems I did. I didn't expect it to be full simulation but I had hoped for something more, since they can probably just ask the WT devs for their vehicle handling physics and for ballistics/penetration.

It's literally war thunder with cars
Hopefully it's not as shit as ground forces.

Goddamn I know gaijin is retarded but I didn't expect this much.

i wish the game wasn't about cars

what do you want, dinosaurs?

Is that a bad idea?

Why the fuck are you making a thread about video games on the shitposting board?

Why are you shitposting in the video game thread?