How could you make a videogame that is both fun, challenging and can work as a form of exercise?

How could you make a videogame that is both fun, challenging and can work as a form of exercise?
Hard mode: No DDR rip offs

Weighted guitar hero controller

Wii sports boxing against the CPU was fun but didn't feel solid.
Maybe add punchout elements to it with better motion controls, maybe the Switch can do it properly now.

A real drummer simulator.
None of that faggot Rock Band bullshit, I mean REAL drums like Rocksmith but with the whole battery

life, if you're living it properly

Life isn't a video game, it's a board game.

life is the worst kind of kusoge

Life is objectively the worst game in history.
If it wasn't games wouldn't exist.

You ask for the impossible.

Omnidirectional treadmills with VR

Uses simple motion control for punching (optional) and Wii Balance Board for ducking/leaning (also optional)

Hamster ball VR setup, now you can actually run and dive roll.

Damn I cleared this game and didn't notice it had an option for motion controls.
I didn't have a balance board anyway.

This is actually genius, you could have all sorts of sensors around it and nothing would be in the way of your arms or legs.

But, all Hell would break loose if a spider or a bee flew into it.

Waifubot+VR goggles to make her 2.5d

It's not like you're trapped in there anyways.

Simulative interactive VR sex-station, complete with tactile onahole feedback. For challenge, you get scored on things like jackhammering, endurance, climax number (for both parties), hand holding, etc etc with various modifiers per *waifu.

*Waifus sold separately as micro-transactions.

That's a sport, OP
You want to play a sport
You faggot

I think a elemental bending game would be fun in vr, with more interactive controls on your hands and feet. It would be fun because your wielding the elements at your fingertips, challenging because there would be a learning curve of the techniques and moves with each element having its ups and downs (without a direct Rock Paper Scissors counter system) and exercise because you would have to move to cast the spells. You could probably study martial artists and copy their movements. Also depending on the technique you might pick up a little bit of actual martial arts.

You don't. You make a piece of exercise software, or you make a game, but trying to make both is just going to piss off the fatties and bore the fitties… and the inevitable controls/monitoring are either going to be godawful expensive if they work or cheap and more or less arbitrary due to broken functionality.

Don't pretend to make it fun. Just make it a task. Maybe even a task that unlocks something fun in the game - but keep them segregated.

For instance, a F2P MMO that, instead of requiring you to buy imaginary currency for stuff from the shop - pays you out in imaginary currency for walking on a treadmill. It'd have to have some kind of connectivity to the treadmill, a heart monitor, and probably a facial recognition system so the software knows if you're just trying to cheat by using it to walk your dog. Then, have the game funded by some non-profit organization like the AMA or a trust that pays out to the developer for every x amount of calories burned/weight lost.

if you dont jack
off
with the boys you are cuck

The boxing mode in Sports Champions 2 is actually fun and works, unlike that other shitty boxing game on PS3.

People just used their hands on the Power Pad, and anyone who mastered the arm vibration trick for turbo fire on gamepads and arcade buttons got the world records in everything in Track Meet. I heard fat kids just used spoons or something, because they always had spoons handy, constantly sucking down pudding cups and ice cream.

ATV 1-3 works out your ability to throw. By which I mean throwing your controller and breaking the TV. Super fucking hard.

AR phone game that will simulate a paintball match?

Okay, DDR itself

I'd be /fit/ in a month.

Light gun game.

Also uses specialized golf club controller to launch golfball-grenades.

Also uses a steering wheel or tilt-gamepad for shooting sequences while driving a car or motorcycle.

And, has pedals for sequences of shooting at everyone in sight from a bicycle.

seks simulator

How about this?

It's called boxing. Requires strengf and is fun as fuck. It also teaches you how to effectively punch a communist's head in. You will become Tony in no time.

all the waifus are available

After watching the Kinect presentation from years ago, the biggest problem is the disconnection between the player and the game. With Kinect, you're essentially flailing your arms around hoping that something will work. Meanwhile, with something like a DDR pad, you know your input into the game is registered just like any other controller, just that there's a difference in design. When the Wii came along, it compromised with the design of the Wiimotr, but still suffered from the same problems.

The only way an exercise game can work is if you actually feel like you're doing something. Something that gives you actual feedback. If you want to get any deeped, I'd advise that you figure out why some shooters on the Wii work, and others don't, and that should give you a good starting point.

you can't

What bullshit. Answering this question is easy.

Simply combine Carmageddon with Jet Moto. Only with bigger boats. Of course, a racing game is just due to be played with an appropriate wheel.

make a motion sensor game where you have cannons on your arms and legs. you have to alternate feet to compensate for the long reload times.

Make something like Wii Sports Resort's swordplay, but mix it up between swinging like a retard and precise strikes so it's not completely braindead, but not lacking exercise.

You play Zwift and get raped by people training for crits.