What needs to be cut out of the FF7 Remake

archive.fo/yNgMO

Warning! The article does the ole switchru. The article starts off hinting it will be about making the game much more PC, then it suddenly starts talking about real things in the game that need to be changed out. Under the premise that the fans want it changed out. But they give no basis for this charge!

Either way I want a definitive cup size of Tifa's tits! I will be pissed if we don't get it!

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/yNgMO
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fucking archive your shit please

Modern game design philosophy in a nutshell. Also archive because OP is a fag.
archive.is/yNgMO

Nothing.
If one thing had to be removed, I choose Tifa's tits to trigger the waifu-fags.

Joke's on you Yuffie is my fav

Its funding.

But FF7 was bad.

Jesus Christ those suggestions are pure cancer

FF7 was too damn cinamatic for it's own good, even for a fucking final fantasy game. They had a machine that could render fmv and they were gonna use it.

how do i use the archive feature? I generally don't because i surmised that you could click on a link and not be a little bitch about it. But why is that function so important anyway?

Fuck. I have no excuse.

yeah. But it smells like some of these suggestions come from a serious hater of FF7

They should remove the nigger.

Barrett is central to the story. Besides this is a video game, not your Holla Forums fantasy world.

Replace him with a human character.

Go back to your gulag.

Could you shill any harder? Fucking hell.

so i post something you don't like, i must be a shill! Oh god how did you figure me out?

And yeah i don't know how to use archive, why should i? you fuckers can't click on a link without have script protection? use NoScript and quit yer bitchin'!

I know how he figured out. :^)

It's no surprise a nigger lover like you can't do even the most basic of tasks and writes like a chimp.

Commit suicide for being here while also being so facebook pedestrian that you don't even understand how websites earn money and what the archive is used for. You are clearly not from here and you don't belong. End your life immediately.

The remake will be a fusion of XIII and XIV. It will feature horrendous combat, if either of those games give an indication of what to expect, and virtually all of the charm that the original may have had will be eradicated and replaced with cynical pandering and product placement. I don't have high expectations for this release at all, although I hope I'm proven wrong.

oh wow such genius!

Its no surprise that a dumb Holla Forumstard like you resorts to racism to justify your argument. Go fuck your cousin since that's the only pussy you'll ever get.

But if i commit suicide your mom and sister will be lonely.

You got a laugh out of me for managing to trigger archival autists and the "SHIIIIILLLLLLLLS!!!!!!!!!!" brigade so I'll bother to explain it. The demand for archival on this board has its roots in Gamergate where it was used to be able to catch Kotaku and other games-journalist media outlets redhanded whenever they changed the article to suit their purposes. It served the dual purpose of depriving them of viewcounts and ad-revenue (though that latter one really doesn't make any difference in a world where if you're not retarded you're using an ad-blocker, nevermind that they only get the money if you actually click the ad) as well, since you were visiting an archived snapshot of the page and not the actual website.

Now that Gamergate's presence on Holla Forums is pretty much restricted to one circlejerky thread and a smattering of rules, both written and unspoken, related to the archival of content, it's gotten memed and monkey-thought-experimented down the months and years to the point where some particular autists think archival is just a matter of principle. They don't check if the video in question was actually monetized but demand a webm regardless, things like that. People who miss the point entirely, or think a no-name vidya outlet will benefit from about ten or twenty spergs armed to the teeth with ad-blockers and NoScript visiting the page.

Now that I think about it, how would one even update FFVII in terms of gameplay? JRPGs as a genre haven't really evolved all that much, and I don't think aping Kingdom Hearts is all that beneficial for a game built around parties fighting in a group.

Or it could be the fact he didn't lurk enough and is now throwing a fit that people on the internet is laughing at his stupidity. That couldn't be it though. :^)

thanks for educating me user. Good to see there are still good people here on Holla Forums. I'll try to remember to use the whole archive thing.

i will admit i wanted it to stay turn, based sub screen as well. But you know how people love to use new technology. I am afraid that the new gameplay style will basically end up being some type of mob style battle like Grandia 2 and 2 or FF13, or maybe even worse…FF12

i meant Grandia 3

Dubs

fuck these non game playing niggers and their shitty article.

Mate I could lurk all damn day on nu-Holla Forums and not really understand what things are archived for and why since there's no real rhyme or reason to it besides casting as wide a net as possible for completely useless information. Refer to previous mention of screeching monkeys demanding a webm without actually bothering to check if it needs it, assuming it's a matter-of-principle. There's fucking vols that don't understand this.

True, but this isn't a youtube link we are talking about here, it's a website. Not to mention a website that is clearly sjw ran or at least influenced. At that point it's almost expected for an archive link due to principle.

Wew. Time for a dubs thread. Saged posts are the only ones that count.

cut out tifa's tits
and give them to yuffie
filthy whore she'd ride red xiii for materia

I wanted to fuck this little bitch for like 20 years now.

But user, that's hot.

You're going to get a definitive A-cup size of TIfa's tits. Sorry lad.

I've gone back in time.

if i see even the slightest hint of A-cups on Tifa i will boycott the damn game!

Speaking fo that we need to start a petition. Lets call it "Keep Tifa's TITS" we get 10,00 signatures and we send it to Squaresoft!

You should instead not pay attention to this game and pray it doesn't sell at all.
Tifa's tits aren't the only problem with it. The cancer that'll be a new audience of teenager redditors and Tumblirinas talking about the lore of FF7 is a bigger problem

Hail Caesar

Well, luckily I brought my own cross

I know they have to write a lot for the fluff, but here is what they should just write:

I think you mean this little waifu. Yuffie is too cuddly and sweet to be called a bitch.

not reading shit, just here for tifa

Opinion discarded.

They were never as big as your doujins have led you to believe.

It's more the proportions, her small torso makes them look abnormally huge. They look far better in . Also I think they look perfect in AC, but I'll admit they are quite different.

dude those webms show she had to at least be a fucking DD cup!

i think they look smaller in AC and in KH2

k

I'm not denying that, I just think they look better

i am now curious. How so?

I'm done with this cancerous faggot.

op mistook Holla Forums for cuckchan and thought he could shill this shitty game here and get away with it

what a retarded leftard sperg

No tits = no buy.

Into the fucking trash it goes.

Did they even play the original game ?
don't answer that, it's a rethorical question

I'm saying the author's opinion is trash because he hates cait sith you retard.

Who do you think I was referring to by "they" ?

Oh. My mistake.

It's alright user, everyone can make a mistake.
faggot

Hail Caesar

HAHAHAHAaahahahaha

They aren't fucking perfect pyramids now.

How do you remake a game and have it play nothing like the game it is supposedly a remake of? This would be like remaking Super Mario Bros. into a run n gun.

All of Square Enix's involvement. Particularly Nomura.

The remade battle system needs to be cut and replaced with ATB.

*no niggers*

Ask Natsume.

Genesis wasn't even in Final Fantasy VII.

He was in Crisis Core, and that game rewrote the whole "Sephiroth goes nuts in Nibelheim and starts killing people" event so that Genesis was the one who told Sephiroth about his secret origin and drove him insane, rather than Sephiroth discovering it himself while poking through Hojo's old notes.
It was a completely unnecessary change, and Genesis is a completely unnecessary character. In this case I think author is less worried that they'll "keep" Genesis in the game (when he never was in the original to begin with) and more that they'll take the opportunity to make him even more involved in the game's story.
It's actually one of the only two things I agree with out of that list. The other is not making Vincent and Yuffie optional. Everything else in that list is just "I didn't like this so it needs to GO, NOW!".

I wish maidoll would put more doujins out.
Love his art style

They shouldn't change anything. In fact, I'd be more worried about them getting the pace and aesthetics back that the original had. It's well known that games today doesn't have the same "feeling" older ones did. Like some user said above, design philosophy has changed to much, and not necessarily for the better.

I hope that SE isn't listening to those "Journalists" either. They should listen to those who played the original and can coherently put together an objective thought on how the game was and what needs improvements if needed.

I want the option to make sure the redshirts don't die. I'd also like to have Aeris not die, but her bring in the lifestream is an essential plot point. Which could PROBABLY be sidestepped, frankly, but still an important detail.

I doubt they will, they've been quiet about the fun stuff because they know the press will run with it hard. FFVII has always had dark themes (genetic human modification, cloning, depression, cross species breeding, genocide, public execution, prostitution, exploitation of people, mental breakdown/false memories/mind control and even an old man with alzheimers who lives alone with his granddaughter. Only scratching the surface of the themes VII covers) that are barely noticeable if you just causally play the game. The fluff bunnies will gush over the remakes surface shit just like they did with the original and it'll only be expanded on. Most of this completely flies over your average players heads because it all blends together so well with comedy.

Worst case scenario it blows, I'll still be doing my yearly replay of the original and no fucks given. The fact we'll have a few more years of fan art of best girl is worth it regardless of what happens.

You are right, and this can be said about the vast majority of fanbases. They often like one particular aspect (Usually a gimmick, or a Peacock item/person/object that stands out or use as a way to signal they know that particular work or art so they can get accepted in-group or move up the social ladder) of the work, something superficial they aren't true fans of the work because like you say, they never get pass surface level shit or don't try to learn because they aren't truly interested in the work/hobby. They are cringe fest too. Which of course they get lumped with us.

Of course companies are a balance of profit and product, we just have to hope the SE of today is filled with people who want to create good games/art from passion than wanting to vacuum clean our shekels. I know he isn't liked around here and he still might not be as experienced as the others, but someone that I see that has that passion is Nomura. I might be wrong, but I do see the guy having passion for what he does.

I think people are very jaded about things these days so they don't expect much, I don't have anything negative to say about him myself.

Haven't played XIV yet though.

at least he hates the retcon donut steels and Cait Sith like I do.

Genesis doesn't need to be cut because he's already not in the game, this is retarded filler.
I'd prefer them to still be optional, but I don't care if they're made mandatory.
No, you fucking casual.
Pointless nitpicking.
No, the world is full of monsters you fucktard. Part of being on a JRPG adventure is you run into fucking monsters.
None of the fucking animations need to be cut short, just made skippable you fucking brain challenged idiot. You even mentioned skippability while fucking talking about it.
No, fuck you. Part of his fucking character is that he's a deranged scientist who will stop at nothing for his experiments. He could give less of a fuck about bestiality and removing this scene would take away from this depiction of his character.
>Final Fantasy is a mature game for mature gamers players, such as myself.
A little more space between these things might be okay.
You didn't fucking breed them in that game you fucking non-gamer ingrate. Chocobo breeding mechanics could be reworked though.
I'm neutral on this.
Casual scum
It is funny shithead, and it should stay.
No.
OP, I thought you said it pulled the switcheroo? This seems like it falls under things they want purged for "sexism", just that they aren't saying it straight out.
Fuck off.

How is this news OP?

Flat is justice, and she's "Japanese" in game. It's perfect.

I hate it when parody doujin characters don't look like their parody. It may as be some random animu bitch wearing Tifa cosplay.

Read the thread. OP is a faggot who doesn't know how shit works, and is triggered by Holla Forums. He's probably from 4cuck, or maybe even a literal shill.

Did I miss anything big last night?

I mostly agree with you, but:

15, 6, 3, and 1. Really, the only thing that needs to be said is 'fuck the expanded universe'. And i'd add, if Cait Sith does have an accent in the japanese version it should probably have some reflection in the remake; all i recall in the original is him gaining a southern accent after Cait Sith #1 was sacrificed for the black materia.

8. A, it's been years since i played FF7, but i don't recall there being balloons in the original snowboarding part; it was just a normal run on a snowboard Cloud "borrowed" from a kid so they could get down to the bottom of the slope. The balloons WERE in the Golden Sauder arcade game, though. B, fuck that, it should stay where it is, which is right after dodging Elane's punch and sending her rolling downhill. FF7 is tone-inconsistent as fuck. Cloud Strife pulls his painful recollection of his hometown having been burned down and all the people, including his mom, to bring up him stealing Tifa's panties. You do squats in a gym full of crossdressers so you can go in drag to confront a local mob boss rather than busting in directly, which you can do in the Shinra HQ despite them almost certainly having far more muscle. Pretty much everything in Junon, from giving CPR to the little girl who wants to marry Cloud for saving her life, to the president's reception march and military drilling display, to the one shopkeeper who's losing money because he keeps hiring too many girls to draw in customers, is absurd as hell. It's almost the 90's essence of comedy that helps make the game so entertaining. This goes for 4 and 2, as well.

7. The chocobo sage tells you everything you need to know, with a recap of what he said by the chocobo ranch girl next to him, and as i recall he's only a bit wrong on a few things which should PROBABLY be corrected somehow or another, either by changing it directly or making the recap character give an trenchant insight to it after realizing it's wrong.

If Tifa's tits aren't as big or bigger then her head the game is automatically shit.

Replacing turn-based combat with ARPG bullshit is like turning Captain America into a nigger. They're just trying to appeal to niggers.

I think Aeris needs to be cut out

any of the compilation retcon bullshit they think might be a good idea to put in.