ALERT ALERT

twitter.com/NintendoVS
archive.is/XrOFw

ALERT ALERT

NINTENDO HAS OFFICIALLY ENTERED THE REALM OF ESPORTS

ALERT ALERT

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/873275526764298241
assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3766698/Rsc-Policy-Brief-Three-Myths-About-Copyright-Law.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Let the autism begin

So what do they have?

Arms
Pokken
Sm4sh
Splatoon 2
Maybe competitivelol Pokemon?

Implying they will support Melee unless they plan on porting it to the switch for more shekels

This is going to make the street fighter fags at evo furious.

They'll probably ask evo to ban melee when the next smash comes out.

I'm optimistic

Remember that one thread where I said Nintendo was in a transitional phase, and if Mario stopped becoming as profitable, their focus would have them prioritize competitive games, and they would keep finding other ideas to expand their gaming empire, ultimately becoming the Disney of videogames?

This is what I meant. I personally don't give a shit about competitive autistry, but I feel like it's all downhill from here. It's been downhill since the gamecube era, but this is really down hill. Profits will skyrocket, but quality will get chucked into the abyss.

This is the only good thing about this entire event.
LUDICOLO FOR POKKEN DX WHEN

speaking of autists

Where do you think you are?

So does this mean 5mash confirmed?

It's fucking cancer, I know. This is the best way to describe it, with that awful, awful, image.

More like Tra5h.

Melee autismo?

You already used Tr4sh
Be more fresh

We could always call it 5mash

This is the fifth one.
And fine. 5hit.

That's the shittiest meme I've ever read.

It's nice to see Nintendo spearhead their competive scene, it takes the weight of demanding autists off Sakurai's shoulders.

No, I just dislike smash bros in general now. Every good thing about it has been stripped and ripped by the autistic smash cum mew nity.

Your memes are weak

So what you're telling me is that you're a cuck?

Not as weak as the scaley skeletons that spend weekends glued to a television jerking off about wavedashing.
Also.
4 u t i 5 t i c.

Pretty sure 4utism was already a thing thrown around
Stale meme

I don't know, maybe I'll regret saying this later, but I'd rather they became the Disney of games instead of the EA of games.

I wouldn't say their quality has suffered, if anything their willingness to create new IPs for this shows that they're finally breaking their established conventions. Splatoon was pretty good, and Splatoon 2 also looks good. I don't know about ARMS gameplay-wise but just like Splatoon, it pays a lot of attention to detail, which isn't something you get in a soulless cash grab.game.

Maybe I'm just a faggot Nintendo fanboy, but I honestly like Smash 4. I mean yeah, there are things that annoy me about it and it isn't perfect, but it's still good. It also has the most exciting roster of any Smash game thus far. And I honestly prefer it to Melee, fuck Melee, that game's only fun if you're an autist savant who never gets sick of seeing Marth vs. Space Animal or can do frame-perfect Jigglypuff rest combos

Quit looking in the mirror, you fucking manchild. Stop sperging out at people don't take childrens games as seriously as you do.

Looks like the Smash Internet Defense force is here already. I'm glad other games have begun taking the spotlight from your shitty game.

Fair enough, yeah, but don't you forget that they'll bring all the bad things with it. Smash 4 was pretty weak imo, I don't know why everyone creams over it, maybe it felt slow, even if I'm not competitive myself. I may be sick of the formula, is all.

UNLESS THEY DO COMPETITIVE MARIO PARTY THEN I DON'T GIVE A FUCK

HOLY SHIT, THAT'S THE BEST IDEA EVER.

Nigga it's not hard to slap 5's into a name
THE 5TORY OF THE 5HITTY 5WORDFIGHT 5WITCH

and bothers you so much? Jesus christ, get a grip.

LOW HUMIDITY MEMES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED
ONLY PROPERLY DANK MEMES WILL BE PERMISSIBLE

What makes Disney better than EA?
Both sit on ancient IPs, live off old glory that was not theirs to begin with, are extremely cancerous and have not produced a single worthwhile thing in decades.

Unless you count Frozen, but I haven't even seen that yet and don't know if it is any good.

only the strongest will survive

we need competitive Mario Kart as well, if only for the autism it will spawn

I don't know if you are memeing or not but that is not a bad Idea. He could even have an Orre inspired stage with Miror B like music

Competitive Mario Vs Sonic Olympic games confirmed?

I agree that Nintendo has done some shitty things due to not being able (or willing) to keep their lawyers on a tighter leash. But to say that they "live off old glory that wasn't theirs to begin with" isn't true. Nintendo's old glory was totally their own, they made themselves great. It's just that ever since the Gamecube they kind of lost the plot, although they brought it back a bit with the Wii U.

We'll see what they announce at E3, maybe they'll finally give us the IP revivals we've been waiting for, just hang tight. They said they're going to have a "huge" E3 this year, so I'm hoping they're not lying…

In regards to Frozen being good: it's not

like pottery

IF 100% ORANGE JUICE CAN GET TOURNAMENTS, MARIO PARTY SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS

Mario Kart has a "competitive" scene already

Holy fucking shit, PLEASE kill yourself.
Go to >>>/suicide/ immediately. You worthless shitstains come in packs JUST to annoy everybody while clapping your hands to unfunny, forced memes like a bunch of retarded walruses.

Suddenly them pushing out shota garbage and fetish "jokes" make a lot of sense. :^)

Reddit is a moisture zone.
Frankly it's a desert.

Wait, shota garbage? Go on.

I'm not memeing, that sounds absolutely fucking amazing.

Holy shit!!! These are INFINITELY better ideas than what we have now.

I WANT IT, I WANT IT, I WANT IT!!!!

Yeah, make no mistake, Nintendo totally knows what they're doing in regards to hentai bait. Breath of the Wild alone proves that they're doing it on purpose, nevermind their new shit.

Let me repeat my question: "What makes Disney better than EA?"
As for Nintendo, they're a mixed bag, a company like any other.
Praise and criticism ought to be given accordingly.

but when will they retweet the toad?

Why can none of these artists draw a good ass to save their life?

Explain. Is it a wigger wednesday situation?

The problem is that it's not even good hentai b8. It's all scaly and fur shit. Nintendo really seems to be doubling down on that trend since black/white and you could even make the argument they were testing the waters with ruby and sapphire.

Well, as it relates to video games, nothing, because Disney isn't a video game company so I kind of lost sight of the metaphor. I just don't want them to start doing the same shit EA does, becoming a soulless game factory that only produces bland and lackluster games with microtransactions year after year, blowing with the political winds to determine what's acceptable and what isn't, and forgetting what made people want to buy their games in the first place. I'd rather they kept making kiddy shit than became like EA.

Kill yourself

It would great. A pretty fun to have a "dancing" fighter but I doubt it has the popularity to reach Pokken.

I didn't say that. As I said, I don't understand the metaphor because I'm only familiar with the horrible shit EA does. I don't know anything about Disney other than that they produce a lot of "kiddy shit", just like Nintendo does.

I like "kiddy" games. It's the whole basis of Nintendo's appeal. Their games are quirky, colorful and have a spirit of fun. It's better than anything EA and Ubisoft are doing.

Nintendo has had competitive events for longer than you've been alive, you stupid faggot.

twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/873275526764298241
They just tweeted about ARMS
This is the video, and the top tier autists competing in E3.

This isn't funny, OR charming. Also, lol, that guy has white guilt all over him. Fucking goons can't make humor for shit.

Then you chose a piss poor analogy, kek. A better analogy would be if Nintendo took a page from Toku and just stuck to doing what they do best and make run and jump man, run and gun girl, and games that don't try to "shake things up" just like Toku just makes guy in rubber suit beats up villain of the week in glorious special effects.

Yes, but today, they made a jump.

Disney is pretty much the same thing as EA, only except games they make shows and films.
That's why I was confused.

Blizzard is going to be furious.

I wasn't the one who made the analogy in the first place. And yes, I agree. They sometimes try so hard to innovate that they forget to make what people want.

Don't you mean, FURRYious

DON'T.

whittu piggu go home. :^y

Cuck is not a serious insult and if you feel offended by it there's a good chance that you're actually a cuck.

And what cash prizes will they be offering the victors? Oh, a shitty plastic trophy? Bye, Nintendo competitive scene!

Nintendo has been in "the Realm of E-sports" since before the term "e-sport" was even coined with Smash Bros and Pokemon tournaments kiddo

JOHN FUCKING NUMBERS

Just end it all already

You're right, but you're still a manchild who burns his time thinking party games are srs bsnz.

Any game can be srs bsnz. It's the fanbase following that can be insufferable. Some fanbases are more cancerous than others. Autism can make any game serious.

Pokemon is handled by The Pokemon Company, not Nintendo, and official VGC events have been happening for well over a decade, slowpoke

Nintendo doesn't make Pokémon you mouth breathing retard.

We need to enact a law that revokes a companies rights to their Intellectual Property if they do nothing but garbage with it.

fuck off, commie

cry more, commie

try it

Didn't Nintendo hold a Splatoon tournament and the prize was like a Wii U with a copy of Splatoon?

That sounds retarded enough to be true

How are there professional Arms players?

Now that triggers my autism

KLK was shit

Kill la Kill yourself.

Also wake me up when they have Nintendo sanctioned BOTW speedrun tourneys with and without Amiibo autism.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

They said it wouldn't work because of the different play styles which is a shit excuse. We are more likely to see a Crash/Sonic platforming crossover.

You're replying to a literal nintendrone, he actually wants Nintendo to become cancer.

Kill yourself corporatecuck, I won't play your kike game.

Reminder if you hate esports it's because you're bad at videogames and furious people got careers in them and made millions of dollars while you continue to waste your existence in your parents basement

hey

hey nintendo

project m

You´ve seen right through me

Why do plebs not know what Paulstretch is?

I hate esports because I hate videogames you fag.

They aren't Arms pros, just video game pros.

Valle was one of the best USA Street Fighter players.
Kayane was a pro DoA player, I think she jumped to Halo once DoA stopped getting pushed as an eSport though.
No idea who the other two are, I'm guessing Youtubers. In short, they paid 4 relatively famous people that are known to be good at games to play as the "bosses" in their tournament.

`>>12744575
I'll fucking say. Snowball War in VIP5 played exactly like a Sonic level while being a Mario romhack.

HAHA UNCLE VALLE IS IN THIS?

I know, but its possible they could bring them together into a single event.

I'd pay to see this shit.

Fuck all of that, I want competitive mario retardy

>fuckIGN
the little touches

Webm or fuck off.

Fuck that, I want 24/7 Mario Retardy streams.

The scene would revolve entirely around rng manipulation and sheer unadulterated luck. But through sheer force of effort someone could win by brute force. I'd actually say it'd be something like the esport equivalent of poker.

33.33% share in the brand, though.

D:

Delete this

As long as Puyo Tetris is involved, I'll be OK with it.

Kiss my ass bitch I meant every word.

The other two players are from the Smash scene.
Supergirlkels is one of the few actually good female smashers. She's been able to make top 8 at a few Smash 4 regionals.
Tafokints is Cloud 9's SSBM Coach for Mango. Not sure why they went with the coach and not the player, but he's still top 100 in Melee so it's not like he can't hold his own.

Are ARMS and Splatoon even actually competitive? I've played pokken and outside of the phase shift stuff and a few other things it's basically just a traditional competitive 2d fighter so I know it is, but what I played the first Splatoon made it feel like a random clusterfuck where skill wasn't really rewarded.

Intellectual property law is retarded even by capitalist standards

assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3766698/Rsc-Policy-Brief-Three-Myths-About-Copyright-Law.pdf

It's no Quake but it has a higher skill cap than every other console FPS.

Splatoon is pretty competitive once the real hardcore autists get involved. The problem is that gear setups lead to some degenerate shit like quick-respawn stacking. Presumably they're rebalancing it all for Splatoon 2, though, so hopefully that won't happen again.

I am okay with this.

Kayane played Soul Calibur, not DoA. Not even the US and Japanese take DoA seriously.

hahahahahahahaha

In other words you have no skill.

wew
You said it, not me.

Versus Multiplayer games by their design are meant to be competitive - your goal is to win by beating your opponent.

About as exciting as MUGEN. No, wait, MUGEN still has more consistency and quality control.

Yeah, it's all about Cloud and Bayo.

That's nothing. One time when I was playing I think it was 4 or 5 with friends, I got 3 hidden star blocks in a row. On the first 3 turns.

If there's no ProYoCo I'm not watching

Disney is nowhere close to EA. Disney is a much broader company, it's one of the six big media conglomerates. Because of that, unlike EA, they actually know what the fuck they are doing. Hell, I rather watch 10 Disney funded movies than to play a single EA game, any day.
His analogy was fair, I prefer a greedy company that knows what they are doing. Not even normalfags like EA at this point, unlike Disney.

And then there is the shared Star Wars

I had a fair bit of fun in ARMS TEST PUNCH but I can't say for sure how competitive it is. I know the best match I had involved me and the other guy learning eachothers habits, countering eachother, me making a hell of a comeback, and then ended with a double KO draw. I think at the very least, ARMS can have the intensity of a fighting game

Disney is a cancer that ruins everything it touches.

I want crunchyroll-subscribing middle schoolers to leave.

He isn't presenting arguments.

Ninty is not like EA in that they don't go out of their way to actively destroy their competition and try to lower the bar for video games as a whole. They use the same tactics as Microsoft: Embrace, extend, extinguish. If Nintendo was like EA, Good Feel, HAL, etc. would have been fucking dead years ago.

Disney also still puts out good movies ala Pixar. Their acquisition of Lucasfilm is another story, but that is where the analogy would begin to weaken anyway, as it would be like Ninty acquiring Sega and turning Sonic into an RPG or some shit.

lol

I was believing you until you said you had friends.

Holy fucking shit, now this is corporate cuckolding.

KLK is good.

but didn't Nintendo always have a type of esports thing?

Yes, it's been years since they've been THIS serious though.

No it really wasn't

ea is the disney of games, why do you think they teamed up with starwars?

Just report the thread and ask mark to bumplock it

what? i dont want them to bumplock retardy threads

Shit, I mean UNLOCK the thread. I had a brainfart. I'm bad at multitasking, what helps?

ill let you know if i figure it out. probably has something to do with eating healthy so ill never know for sure.

Just in time too.

You're right. Nintendo was cancer even way back then. Everyone was just too young to realize.

That won't be necessary. Melee is on a sharp decline now that the new players realized that they're never going to be as good as autistics who have been playing for 10+ years. The fact that it isn't even on Sunday finals for this Evo speaks volumes about it. Nintendo can just let it fall into Third Strike tier playerbase now, they dont need to do anything.

And it should be online for the bullshit mode.

I perfectly understand that man.

Who is Corrin, then?