Is it even possible to convince devs to make quality games anymore...

Is it even possible to convince devs to make quality games anymore? Because the people with good taste in games and care have been outnumbered by normalfags who play games just to "waste time". Piracy doesn't seem to work anymore since we're the minority now, and normalfags still buy the game so the money the devs lose out on is minimal. Not antipiracy. Just wanna get some ideas on what other ways we can convince devs to actually care about their games.

Other urls found in this thread:

newagesoldier.com/make-your-own-amiibo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You buy the good niche stuff and ignore AAA trash.
We're no longer the main demographic, we haven't been since 2007.

you do it by making normalfags AND hipsters lose interest in games
this is the ONLY, and I mean the ONLY way an atheist would believe in that would make them cater towards good tastes again

Easy to say, but hard to do. I think the only thing that would kill normalfags' interest in games is if there's another videogame crash

Basically support the niche market, you're not gonna get an amazing game from an AAA publisher anymore, but on occasion you'll get a gem in the shit. My advice would be to look at Holla Forums before doing anything. Usually some of Holla Forums will shit on a game if it's new, but if you can ignore the MUH SHILL fags then you should be able to get an idea of what to expect. Granted this works 99% of the time, the 1% being the Nintendo Switch since some people are really trying to attack the thing. Then again your enjoyment of the Switch really depends on if you care about portability, so I can see Holla Forums hating it right now. Doesn't help the fact that NoA is literally EA.

hipsters would still be all over it, and phone games would still exist
to save video games they should be viewed both as something that only losers do and as something thats is lame, or at least outdated

Don't bother, it's better to just point out how unstable of a market they are. Since notice how they only buy games from select franchises. Granted you have Idiots like Capcom and Square Enix trying to go after them anyway, but other companies like SEGA are finally starting to get the message.

Making video games a taboo hobby would work

If you're not making incredible games, they are gonna be buried in the sea of mediocre games. Plus, people actually don't want good games. They just want to buy the flashiest game, games with propaganda, and games with muh graphics.

A good way to gaauge quality on Holla Forums

So if there's like, two threads about game x on release day, no one seems to have anything negative of merit to say, then it's probably fairly solid.

And another reason, people will also shit on the fact that you can't make a great looking game as one person.

You can't be serious, you expect people to shit on the PS4 and not the fucking Switch as well?
The only thing it has going for its is being portable.

No.
Or if you get a yes they'll get fucked by their publisher anyway.
Like Human Head did.

indie devs have also lowered their standards because of "quirky 8bit rpgs" and lets player garbage for a quick buck

Well yeah, I've also asked about tekken 7 myself.

People said it was the worst tekken but a solid game.

here's the thread

It has games, just not a ton of exclusives. like I said it really depends on if you care about portability.

Also here's a guide to make an Amiibo.

newagesoldier.com/make-your-own-amiibo/

it's basically 85 cents a card. I do agree that it's bullshit though.

Well people shit on the Switch more than they do the PS4, I do believe that the Switch needs an OS overhaul, but for now it's alright.

Depends on where you look
All that garbage you see is promoted by the journo clique, lots of games you and plenty of retards here you will only look at that garbage don't know about.
Actual good games

Well to be fair, there ARE hard to find.

No it doesn't, it has two dozen small titles if that and a Zeldo which was mediocre.
That doesn't stop making both of them garbage.

I mean looking at my Switch, I got like 10 games. Not exactly bad for a system that just released four months ago

And the PS4 was shat on just as much if not more here.

The ratio is small due to all the recent shovelware, but if you're willing to do some searching for a minute or two, you'll actually find a quality low budget title

The PS4 came out with more, all small titles as well.
Whats your point?

no lol

99.99% of the gamer demographic is now composed of retards who wouldn't even know what to do with a quality game let alone recognize one. The only way to make a quality game profitable these days is to target it at jaded fucks who hate what vidya has become and produce it using a tiny budget. And at that point, why even bother?

No because the people who actually make the games have no say in the business decisions.

True enough.

Well you can't exactly find something like Touhouvania, Spark, Kamiko or Rance in a minute or two. That said there are ways to find these things.

Why not make your own games then user

Fuck off agdg autist.

thas rite

Yeah and sadly the only reason that dark souls is popular is because of the lets play community and it being promoted as a "lol so hard and unfare XD" game

Nice projecting there user

???

I'm a dev. Post your boipucci and see what happens. Faggot.

I've got your solution right here >>>/agdg/

Western society has gone to shit through and through, it's time to stop expecting other people to fix things.

he's learning japanese, not german

Same thing.

>AKA make plot or "plot" yourself megacorp. and optionally to not show up into your face because "muh plot"
>AKA find optimal gameplay and difficulty Ltd. No, visual novels with just "choices" and "matter" aren't games.
>implying it is possible to make "Dynasty Warrior-like Soulce with 2 factions at war over the land + 1 strong northern wolfshark faction + 1 coalition faction + Mercenaries. Your weapon and armor degenerate over in the battlefield and if it's broken, you're become Season 5's Jack (gathering/replacing armor and weapon included) 'till battle over."

It's hard to me to find enjoyable game anymore, why i should bother creating one?

So you can become big enough to look Kojima in the face and laugh at him.

Why can't he already do this?

Time to release my game!

The point of my memetext was to tell you that if you don't pander to normalfags you'll be in obscurity, not the way you said it.

Cave story is a very difficult game to complete, has no complex graphics or mechanics, and had basically 0 marketing. It rose to fame due to being a good game alone. Same goes to Terraria and AFAIK Spelunky.

FTFYAFM

We need better ways to communicate our feedback as consumers and to understand what works and what doesn't

Speak for yourself. I'm currently not working on any game. I'm speaking for why most good games die. There's a flood of fancy and flashy mediocre games and you know it. And for a game to actually be really polished, you do need a team. Something that not everyone can afford.

People are getting tired of platformers now. Those games were made at a time where indie games weren't the norm. You don't get what I'm saying anyway. I'm not saying that games deserve praise, but that if your game can't compete with 99% of what's on the market, your game will fade. And most people today choose to make flashy shit to survive. Do you understand or not?

To further illustrate what I'm saying, there are old companies that were making really good games but didn't make a profit so they shutdown. A lot of them. There are also a lot of good companies that changed and make games different than they used to, to catch the attention of today's braindead and brainwashed audience. You cannot tell me that the market today doesn't have lower standards or doesn't demand eye-catching stuff, despite it being crap. Don't blame me for the state of the industry.

No. You're complaining that nobody is making good games, then your excuse for not trying to bring something good into it yourself is that other people make shit games.

If you make a shitty cash grab garbage "in order to survive", then you're part of the problem, not part of the solution. The solution is to make a game with "good game" instead of "money" as your goal. If your game is good, people will buy it. Not all the people, but not everyone needs to buy it in order for it to succeed. There's no great games out there that failed to make money, unless you're into some super niche shit that 3 people plus you are interested of like hacking games. If you think some game that failed was good, why aren't you playing it more and talking about it? Chances are that you see something neat or just promise in it, but it's not actually a good complete game.

There's countless of developers and artists who are willing to combine forces with someone else who is competent. Most people who are looking for collaboration are complete amateurs who can barely put an unity tutorial together or have drawn some warped anatomy anime sketches and have 0 experience with game-viable art, nobody really wants to work with someone who can't do their job, but everyone wants someone else to help them make a game.

Yeah, because platformers are the only genre that can succeed. Hotline miami 2, Stardew valley, Factorio, etc all failed or were made in the beginning of the indie craze, right?

Just need more big releases of shit that doesn't coddle their faggy identity politics.

Fucking weebs

>>>/cuckchan/

You're wrong from the start because you are assuming that I am making cash-grab garbage and complaining about the industry being full of cash-grab garbage. Your line here, "If you make a shitty cash grab garbage "in order to survive", then you're part of the problem, not part of the solution."

Don't tell me what the solution is. I am not the good developers who went rogue to attract the larger, braindead audience of today. Why don't you tell them what to do, not me?

Wrong. Your game must be great, not good. You must make a pretty damn great game today if you want it to be good. If you make an average one and it gets hyped, well that's just luck. And when I say, "sales," I mean enough sales in order to make another game.

Tell that to the teams that made good games but didn't have the money to pay their, say, 6 or 12 developers in their team.

I am you and you are really starting to piss me off now. Your whole comment is lecturing me as if I am making shit games and complaining, as if I'm unaware of what's a good game or how the game industry is today. Why do you assume that I am actually not advertising the good, unknown, indie games that aren't being played as much? Stop projecting. I talk about them and the response is most of the time, no response. They're not flashy enough, as in marketed for the ADHD people of today.

Wow, well, no shit? Thanks for letting me know about idea guys, I did not know about that before. As for your collaboration part, you need money to get serious.

I was talking about platformers because all your examples were platformers. Maybe I should've said pixel games. Anyway, stop trying to assume that I don't know what I'm talking about. If you didn't release a game and had success with it, you have as much say as I have in this subject.

And if you didn't get my message from all my comments so far, my solution to all of this shit is to make GREAT games. Average games will not cut it. Most developers today can't make great games so they make flashy cash-grab games because their average, non-propaganda, decent enough games weren't cutting it. If you want to be a developer today who isn't poozed to hell and back, you need to make something great. And it's not going to be easy and you will need some money. Whether this is a good or a bad thing, this is what you have to do.

That's where all the weebs and emphasis on female characters is coming from.

This.
Freeware is otherwise your only hope.

No. Everyone is either chasing the AAA games as a service cancer trend, or the hipster "art before gameplay" trash that's causing a race to the bottom in the same way that mobile trash did to phone games.

AA is the only savior of vidya, offering generally superior gameplay - greater creative freedom - more content - less patching - and no microtransactions… at the cost of graphics fidelity, expensive homowood VA's, QTE CGI cutscenes, huge marketing budgets, licensed soundtracks, and (sometimes) online servers… (I.E. Nothing of value)…. but the casuals and hipsters want nothing to do with it.

Why aim for perfecting game design and making game development stable - when you can risk your entire publishing house on a few critical bombs or just release a dozen low-effort shovelware bombs in the hopes one of them gets meme'd into a profit.

You have to let them know there's a market for what they make. If devs all think that the normalfag market is the only market then that's what they'll cater to.
As says, support the good niche stuff. There's enough gamers to support devs doing that stuff - devs just need to see that it's still a viable market.

Yeh and this

Not AAA devs. They don't care about making good games, they just care about making profitable games.

they dont CARE if there are markets other than normalfags
if there are no markets that are not at least 20% as big as normalfags(such as hipsters), then they are only going to cater to normalfags, and in irl, hispters too

actual, real nerds who dont call themselves gamers aren't a big enough audience for them to care as far as they know
and besides, if they put actual effort into their games to make them actually good like pre-2006 games generally were, well gee im not sure if the normalfags and hipsters would notice at all, but if they did it'd mean that they wouldn't buy the games after the sequels because the sequel would have to either be nearly as good or else they would be disappointed and not buy anything afterwards

and actually, actual, real nerds arent even the entire demographic of people who would buy games like banjo-kazooie a month after it came out, or jak and dakter a month after it came out

there are children out there who somehow like games other than the latest FPS and whatever other games that their friends like(because its marketed like skyrim)

there are some people, some game developers actually might not realize thise
there are some people, who both are not nerds, losers, or hipsters, AND actually care about games that their friends dont care about, and would still care about them even if their friends said it was trash

both them and actual nerds who aren't hipsters would buy games they've heard about that are actually good… or at least they would if they could afford both it and the console it'd likely be on

You're a normalfag, OP

give god gmae money and give bad game no money and no prieate

Ignore what normalfags and hipsters are doing.

This.

Ayaya a shit