Kingdom Come: Deliverance thread

What does Holla Forums think of this game? We've seen plenty of gameplay and developer streams. So far it looks pretty neato.
Is this the open-world medieval simulator RPG we've always been waiting for?

Let you know when I play it.

I hope it's good, I'm looking forward to it myself.

Fuck off, faggot.

You don't know it's a good game yet.

Of course we haven't played yet, but based on gameplay and streams it looks promising. Just want to know each one's opinion based on what we've seen so far.

Can i be not a fucking catholic in it? Because honestly that's the only thing that throws me away from this game. Especially the whole quest about serving in a church.

Well atleast you're not a one pump chump.
You're still a faggot OP. Like always.

Never assume a game's quality from what the dev's shows you.

Oh boy another KCD thread! I am very excited about this game! You should buy it!

Neck yourself you silly LARPagan

It's a mistake to get hyped for anything. Judging from what we've seen, it looks promising. The devs seem not cucked, either. All that's left is to wait for it to release.

Thanks but I don`t buy video games, tell that to your handlers

(you)

cant wait for all the lewd mods.

Looking pretty good, even with the cut content. But at least the devs were straightforward about it.

I wonder if this and Ancestors are the beginning of a renewed focus on medieval themes in games?

I have high hopes for it. The premise sounds good and the devs are smart enough to understand and reflect the cancer.

I'm not going to buy this game… specifically because of this shit shill post. Put that in your report.

I haven't been keeping up with it for a long time now. I really want it to end up being good.

Too busy waiting for Bannerlord to give a shit about this game.

Work on how to make a decent OP, faggot.

Besides that, I like the look of the game, but that's about all I can say on the matter before actually playing it.

I'm hoping some of it gets added as DLC or in the two sequels, which I think will happen, they're not just going to throw all the assets away. Naturally, this all hinges on the game selling well enough to justify making sequels.

I do too. It's very ambitious and trying a shitload of new stuff that hasn't been tried in game, either ever or in a really long time.

Kek. They obviously needed to delay the game some more, but didn't want to admit it, so they disguised it as a release date. Otherwise, there's no reason to push the release date so far back when they're supposedly done with new content and are almost finished with squashing bugs and glitches.

The combat looks fucking retarded

halal / 10

What are you, gay or something?

Because we want to show you what important for us

What's troubling about it?
I'm an atheist, and I think it'll be fun to role play as a devout catholic. Religion, specifically Christianity, has a lot of important lessons to teach, and has a solid and compelling mythology that's based on thousands of years of pre-Christian cultural evolution. It's a window into the instinctive psyche of the cultures descended from the ancient Mediterranean region.
I'm an atheist because I can't take any of it literally, but I can appreciate it symbolically and culturally. I'm actually kind of envious of people who can believe that there's this supernatural father-figure watching down on everything and manipulating the world, but I'm just not built to believe things that I can't see, smell, hear, taste, touch or extrapolate through reason. For all I know, it's all actually true, but it would be dishonest of me to hedge my bets and claim to believe when I really don't, so oh well.

Also, as a white american, I've never experienced and environment primarily populated by my own race, so that'll be really interesting to see. Some day I need to take a trip to eastern europe just to vicariously experience what it's like to live surrounded by only your own kind. I don't dislike other cultures at all, but even my dumb classic liberal ass thinks that being a part of a homogenous population must be like heaven on earth.

Well, on the one hand there's very little crime, on the other hand, when civil wars happen the carnage gets pretty ugly.

I wonder if the air fills the lungs more sweetly when you're not constantly checking over your shoulders to see if there's someone lurking in the shadows every time you walk your dog after sundown. I went to the country once, and it felt like that, but that was because of the total absence of people rather than being surrounded by my own kind, so maybe it's different.

Are civil wars still very common today in eastern europe? I know there's a lot of resentment towards Russia, but I haven't heard much about wars in Baltic states, or Finland or anywhere like that. The only recent one I can think of is Ukraine, and I honestly don't know much about what happened there because I assume 90% of what I heard at the time was fake news.
Also maybe chechnya - but I thought that was Russia eradicating muslims and just blown out of proportion by the everyone. Or did I fall for a Vladimir Putin double-bluff?

I'm 100% Slavic by blood, and 100% American by culture.
I assume slavs are white since they're descendents of psychotic drunk vikings who climbed the ural mountains and couldn't find their way home, but I don't have any facts handy to back up that assertion.
American culture has been under attack for a long time by nihilists and commies claiming that there's no such thing, but even a young country like America has a culture of pride and strength behind it. It's sad that it's almost been snuffed out, and you can see the country fall more into chaos with every passing year as the nationalist spirit continues to be strangled to death.
I strongly believe that people need a unified cultural identity to rally around, otherwise they have no anchor in the world and can't find purpose in life. Maybe I'm wrong about that, though, what the hell do I know?

I think it's going to make the mistake of putting realism and accuracy over input limitation and gameplay, which would severely cripple any enjoyment gotten out of it. The issue with portrayals of lifelike combat is that developers often forget that what makes it so thrilling is the factor of fear, and people feel fear when they think they perceive that there is a significant chance of them losing something valuable. Without the fear of losing your life, there's no reason why you should care about dying unless there is an irreversible penalty involved.

It's also apparent that it will be a siege simulator more than a medieval one because there doesn't seem to be anything else to do in it. It would be fine if all you did is siege, but it's clear that it's not even half of the game.

I don't understand this type of storytelling. Video games are interactive. I want to be caring about my parents' murder so it fuels my vendetta against the mustached man, not the protagonist. God damn it my biggest gripe with video game stories is that it's never about the player but some shithead. Video games are the only medium that have this level of interaction, and developers are too fucking dense to understand this.

Amen. With movies, the rule is "show, don't tell". With games, the rule should be "interact, don't show".

I just played it an—oh wait

I'm mixed on this. I don't think that Americans have many shared values outside of the strongest pillars of the Constitution like freedom of speech. It really depends on the region of the US. There's no single US culture that's getting trampled on because US culture is a confederacy of a widely diverse variety of ideals.

I want to play as a Christian, not a Cucktholic.

Is it too hard to do what Assassin's Creed 2 did with Italy and give everyone Czech accents? I'm fucking fed up with hearing the same generic cockney fucks in everything from Skyrim to The Witcher. At this point I'd even take American accents or an Aussie yelling out an honest-to-God "Crikey!" over this shit.

None of Russia's neighbors like them. As the joke goes, aside from their women, there's barely anything of worth in that country. Any decent Russian who can do so leaves the country at first opportunity.

Chechnya was just another region that wanted to break away from Russia like others before them after the Soviet Union collapsed, but Russia decided they didn't want to lose any more territory and came down on them HARD. Even then, the Chechnyans put up a hell of a fight, though they got thoroughly brutalized.

The only christians pre-1600 are catholic and orthodox friendo. Also you've given it away that you've never read the nicene creed.

Factually wrong, the Vatican itself is against ancient/original Christian values, you don't need thrones of gold and men that privately talk with "god" (one's self should "talk" with God) to practice the teachings of Iesus. The orthodox of today means nothing of what it meant thousands of years ago, things degenerated to critical points, very few clergy men stand unpozzed.

I've been following this game since the kikestarter campaign and honestly it looks fucking fantastic. Lead dev is also pretty based.

fuck off varg.

Depends on what you mean by Eastern Europe. The game takes place in Bohemia, which would be the modern Czech Republic. Geographically, that's Central Europe. As for civil unrest in this region, there are three important events in the recent history:

1. The occupation by the Warsaw Pact armies.

2. The fall of communism in the Czechoslovak Republic.

3. The Czechoslovak split

So yeah, there may be civil wars in Eastern Europe, but Central Europe is not prone to those kinds of shenanigans.

So are you saying that Catholicism isn't Christianity?

Game's set during the Hussite Wars, so it's practically guaranteeed that you'll have the option to join the Hussites.

Pretty much. Bohemia hasn't seen much bloodshed sine the thirty years war – while there were several revolts afterwards, they were mostly fairly peaceful ones – a few dead at most. The people here tend to not pick battles they can't win and instead just accept whatever new overlord comes by (by it Austria, Third Reich, or commies), endure it until the overlord has a weak moment (even if it takes centuries, as seen with Austria), usually aiding the weakness with a bit of subversion and political activism, and when the moment comes and the overlord has no capacity to refuse their demands, they just inform him that they're independent from now on. It's not the most heroic or honourable approach, but it works and costs little in the terms of life or property. It'll be the same with EU.