Sonic Mania - Chemical Plant Zone

Well, fuck. Now I'm excited.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bb2CPQ6o_B8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who fucking cares.

The millions of people that enjoy Classic Sonic, maybe.

I think there's no doubt that Mania's gonna be a good game, but I wonder what the rest of the new zones are gonna look like, now that we know what all of the Genesis-era zones are.

Have you ever considered deepthroating a knife, user?

There's already a Sonic thread that's still active.

This is what concerns me. Rehashing the past is easy, but creating new and well designed content isn't.

that thread is shit though

I know it's a game and I need to suspend my disbelief, but how the fuck does this work?

Blast Processing

From what's been shown, I don't think that's going to be much of an issue, though Mirage Saloon is kind of reminiscent of the desert level that was cut from Sonic 2/Sonic CD

Tons of people actually

Duh, it makes him go faster.

I can't see this having the level of depth that sonic cd did. I really have wanted a real spirtual 2d successor to that for a long time, it still holds up so well.

It already has a larger moveset than CD.

Tentatively excited for this project. Very excited for the soundtrack.

Sonic CD is one of the worst games to make a sequel for. The game was awful on release and it still is today.

The only thing good about it was the music, and presentation. The only thing worth preserving for future generations.

Hopefully it has some sort of end game progression chaos emeralds, something.

at least its not as awful as you're waifu

Fuck off kike.

The calling card for someone who was just absolute bunk at it and didn't explore

I love it.

Even taking the muh exploration meme into consideration, Sonic CD's stage design is poor because there's several dead-ends and even points where progressing is literally impossible. Not to mention just annoying setpieces in general, like Wacky Workbench, or levels with barely any platforming, like Stardust Speedway. Just a really terribly thought out game, though at least it's not as bad as Knuckles Chaotix's level design.

Can't wait to play this, there hasn't been a 2d Sonic game in over 20 years.

Ah fuck you, i enjoyed the fuck out of sonic cd. Every single level. It was just as good as first sonic. And level design is fucking beautiful for sega cd game.

Just for once I'm perfectly okay being blinded by nostalgia. I feel like i'm a kid in the 90's again.
looking forward to when it comes out and I pirate it first

i do for one now kindly fuck off and/or die pls

I don't blame you honestly for being cautious. I'm hoping the more original zones can hold up as well.

between this, and that SAdvance 1 remake it feels pretty good being a sanic autist atm

Alright buddy.

Pirating the hell out of this

Same only dumb whores dislike it.

I just want a proper follow-up to CD, even if I'm probably going to be waiting forever

Sega were the ones who told the devs to put in classic zones, apparently. I hope making those didn't force them to cut any original zones because of lack of time or something. I doubt they took that much effort, but it kind of worries me.

why do people like 2D sonics again? where is the platforming?

15 years too late

Faggot

I'd love to see how far you can get in Chemical Plant Zone by holding right. And stop changing IPs

I'd be happier if they didn't reuse old zones at all personally. What's the point when an entire game was based on that already?

Checked.

Who knows, maybe Mania is fucking moddable, Sega is loving that recently.

enlighten me on how the gameplay shown possesses any ounce of substance beside watching the game play itself with no dodging or platforming. Sonic Advance at least had some level of difficulty, mostly just timing jumps.

It's not black or white. You're taking it to the other extreme. I prefer a pace where I can fight enemies and do platforming, like SMW or Yoshi's Island. You know, platformers with actual substance.

That shit applies to the newer games yes. The older not so much but you never played those so you wouldn't know.

How old are you? It's like you've never seen that before. Jesus christ, go play Sonic 2 or something, instead of playing those terrible 3D games.

ah fuck my dick

Sega does what NintenDONT

JUST GIVE FUCKING LAVA REEF AND/OR ICE CAP SO I CAN GIVE A SHIT.

GREEN HILL DOESN'T COUNT SINCE IT'S BASICALLY A MANDATE FOR ANY REHASH.

Jesus christ no good genesis era zones ever.

Sonic -does- have a problem, and that it's

is cucked by

They seem to be un-fucking this problem with Mania, despite shit zones all around

Chemical Plant is a fan favorite

I just want Mushroom Hill tbh

People have shit taste, this is nothing new.

zzz

Ah yes, you're one of those normalfags-come-lately who think that Sonic is all about going fast.

Sonic has always been about platforming you fool. The sections where you go fast are treated as a "reward" for doing well.

Dubs of Truth!

Is it me or it feels slower than sonic 2?

More like 20.

For the first time in years, I do.

This is fucking video games. Eat a gun.

Shame fast is all people and Sega care about

wut

The tails are obviously actually some sort of satellite organism, not actually truly connected to Tails, but always just near his body.

fuck you

I didn't know people hated Metropolis zone that much.

Metropolis is hot garbage, easily Sonic 4 tier

Fuck off

The only reason people like Chemical Plant is because of the music.

I chose a zone with decent music, and better gameplay

Fucking no man. This game's gonna suck. I bet it won't even have leaderboards due to PC cucks cheating

This. If you're going slow you still have the joy of jumping around with no worries because you can turn into a ball and can easily make bashing enemies and items rewarding.

Its fun, im just talking shit. But it can be a son of a bitch.

It's awful proto-sonic CD garbage, you're entitled to your opinion but that doesn't make it any less crap.

Anyways, have a rare Playboy Sonic.

The more I watch the videos for this, the more I don't care. I love old school sonic, but this just looks like the same zones, same everything. It is literally Mario remake tier. Why do you people think this is the second coming of Sonic Christ?

It's a gateway that banks on nostalgia. Remember how fucking well New Super Mario Bros. Sold? It's like that. Then we will get more new zones and it will expand the classic franchise to depths we've never SEEN before.

It's a fucking genius marketing strategy.

There are new zones but they are showing mostly old stuff for nostalgia shekels.

Yeah, that has never bitten any of us in the ass before.

E3 had better show why this game is worth purchasing, other than muh nostalgia.

No. Sonic 4 was Mario remake tier. This would be Mario remake tier if the Mario remakes were actually Super Mario World but with a new set of levels, like a true sequel.

I have. It's bugged me since I was little and it bugs me now. Try understanding what I was pretty clearly asking you friend

Looking at the sprite, you're right.

It already looks worth purchasing to me, the physics look solid and the new additions to the moveset are very interesting.

Why am I always right
First the jews, now this

I wonder if they can be replaced.

(checked)

(checked)

That remake of the song sounds like garbage. The original has spirit and essence of the 80s. What made the music great was the lack of reverb, and the genesis synth selection chipset. Reverb sounds terrible here, and the synth is supposed to be twice as loud, and the strings are too weak to carry through the meat of the song.

Sonic Mania is going to be great. Sonic Forces will be pretty good too.

Also why can the sound effects match the original, but not the song? Idiots.

I'm kinda looking forwards to Forces. Mainly due to the cheese plot that Sanic is known for that's fun to laugh at, and also for the endless autism that will be the Original the Character creator. When it comes out, y'all know that someone is gonna make a "post you're custom hero" thread and many a hearty kek will be had by all.

Best. Publisher.

I asked myself the same thing in 1995.

it's generations but 2d

I can get behind this

Why is it every time this reaction image is posted it's always a really shitty post?

Sonic 4 Episode 1+2?

Yeah who am I kidding.

Fire Emblem fags are fucking walking garbage bags is why

I just hope there is more OC, so much of Mania is rehashes of Sonic 2 it has me worried. It still looks fun
If Forces is going to be as easy to mod as Generations then its going to be great even if the main game is not as good as Generations

Kill yourself you stupid fucking cunt.

It's a double whammy of cancer

Right!?! I thought I was the only one who hated sm4sh!

There go my expectations of it not being cash grab. Small shit like that is a red flag signaling about devs not giving a fuck.

I mean compare this to this

Almost all of those old frames look like they were pre-rotated the same way, except some of them have the tails snapped on, which were already drawn as separate sprites.

i will admit though id love to see lava reef and ice cap get some love

They didn't look like distorted broken mess of pixels.

the originals looked a lot cleaner.

If you look closely you will notice that engine itself rotates sprites real time, to achieve 60 fps sprite rotation.

Like in the Advance games.

Exactly.

Which is a terrible fucking thing.

If they'd want rotation to be as smooth as the rest without rotating sprites in real time, they'd have to draw 360 different versions of every single frame of animation possible.

there is literally nothing wrong with this

So it's cool to hate Sonic again?
Who exactly invite Game grumps mongoloids here?

As I said they are lazy fucks who finally got hired by sega and can now just rack up notalgiafags' dosh.

It's lazy, it's ugly, it's fucking disgraceful and it's an indicative of how devs approach their work.

I like classic sonic and am buttmad that they trying to cash in on it with some lazy shit.

This is the same situation as with DOOM. People make great remake with classic gameplay. Players on Holla Forums get angry because nostalgia glasses.
They don't get to choose though. They aren't the real consumer anyway.

Holy fucking shit. This is the best image ever, thank you. This image is exactly EVERYTHING that's wrong with meme culture.

God damn it, now my autism is being triggered.

There is no such thing as "real consumer" though. That number is extremely variable.

Did you somehow miss the op video and how it has completely different gameplay and mechanics from the original?

It will be unnoticeable during the gameplay itself, you idiot. You have to constantly look at character to notice anything.

Of course! I never knew I had to look AWAY from the character while playing games. Focusing on the character? I've been playing video games wrong my entire life!

Jesus fucking christ, you are Chris Chan levels of autistic. You sound just like him complaining that Sonic is ruined because his arms are blue.

Of all the things to nitpick you're complaining about fucking SPRITE ROTATION being handled by the engine, which doesn't even account for subtle variances in angle.

I got news for you: the only reason they didn't do this in the original games was because the Genesis couldn't render individual sprite rotation, and all they did was take the exact same sprite and flip it 45 degrees 7 times, so it's not any "less lazy" than doing it this way.

You are fucking retarded, kill yourself.

I think his point was that the technology is there now,with the current hardware can easily supporting it, and they took a shortcut rather than take it all the way with the sprite animations/movements.
It's a "Cannot Unsee" kind of thing.
I fucking hate this board.

It would actually look worse if they did it that way. The whole reason they made the engine handle sprite rotation is because they wanted to maintain a consistent look with the detailed sprite and high-def 60FPS animations. It's not any less of a shortcut than flipping the sprite 45 degrees, which in fact looks even lazier. No matter what, autists like him would complain.

Sonic Advance 1 isn't 20 years old yet. Nothing wrong with that one.

All they had to do was rotate the running animation 2-4 times, clean up the resulting sprite manually, and then just flip those angles in the engine 4 times to get full rotation. If you do it that way, it won't add much work at all compared to the full spritesheet not to mention the rest of the game assets, and there's only 3 characters that really need it. That's probably a week of work at most.

Rotating sprites is almost always a shit idea because it's so difficult to do properly. If you just rotate it, you'll get cheap looking pixel garbage like in this game. If you do vectors/3D with pixelated rendering it'll be difficult to get pixelart-tier accuracy and detail. If you do rixels then you've officially just given up. Using special pixelart rotation algorithms aren't usually viable for real-time, but they can make manual rotation even easier.

The rotating sprites in this case wouldn't look so jarring if it wasn't a downgrade from the original. Even when the sprite only has 8 angles it'll look better since you're moving at high speeds and probably being in the ball form most of the time anyway.

Keep being intentionally obtuse, subhuman.

So will the classic stages be a part of the main game, or optional extras? I think I'd rather not play through them, at least on my first playthrough, if there's a choice.

True, I enjoyed rayman with that, anyways.

Keep sucking niggerdick, you pozzed crack addicted sissy bitch.

Back to SomethingAwful with you

nigger pozzed is not SA lingo, its Holla Forums
>>>/reddit/

Everything that isn't straight out of sonic are gimmick that navigate you around automatically like those teleporters from final stages of 3&Knuckles. It's no a bad thing per se, but I doubt it takes much effort to make.
Unlike drawing new sprites.

If your standards are so low, then sure enjoy your low effort turd.
Also
You forgot touching it up each time so it won't looked fucked like it is in a 2017 video game.
Great fucking technology advancement.

These are the same retards who think 'vapid cunt' is a goon insult too.

Of course user, don't you know? If you don't like something, or it offends you, you can just say label it as "goon". It's not subversive in the slighted. Something Awful? LOL, what's that mean nowadays? I'm SURE those people will say something that's against their draconian rules!
Just like redditors love to openly pirate Nintendo games, hate leftists, will call out scummy devs and halfchan hates black people with a passion and rejects forced memes! Isn't that swell?

I've only played through the first few sonics once or twice but I wouldn't mind paying for this if it really turns out to be up to snuff. I miss ye olde 16-bit platforming days. Asking price really isn't too bad.

It looks just like the one from Sonic 2.

Honestly. It looks like a Sonic CD version of it.

what in the ever living fuck are you spouting you soulless commie

Nigga, my entire post was the hardest, most obvious kind of sarcasm you can put up with the limits of text.

I think you guys just got tricked. It's almost the exact same game as Sonic 2.

sauce: youtube.com/watch?v=bb2CPQ6o_B8

B-But It's widescreen….!!! With better textures!!!

You mean Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Stop trying to be sarcastic through text on the net you retarded fucking goon.

Goons don't understand, sarcasm, user. They're not THAT intelligent.

And I don't understand what you're saying. Sonic Mania is a scam because it tries to look like the genesis games, and succeeds? Or is it a scam because it says it has that specific level and does?

It's a Nintendo shill mate.

you hit the nail on the head. Then the whole classic sonic in Sonic Forces. Why do we need classic sonic in a modern sonic game again?

because of people like me
I'm sorry

How are either of those options good?

I'm not saying that either one is good. I'm saying that delivering what you say you are delivering makes it not a scam. A scam involves deceiving somebody to take their money while delivering something other than what they think they're getting. It does not mean giving somebody something that they asked for but you think it sucks. The word has a meaning.

If you understood it you wouldn't be abusing my language as a joke you mollusk.

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Flying Battery probably have more original elements in Act 2 like Green Hill and Chemical Plant.

I would have preferred a brand new zone…

Reminder that Sonic Team will come in at the last minute and kill the project outright with superior Japanese connections.

Out of jealousy that baka gaijins can make a far better Sonic game than them? Forces looks like trash.

They have both new zones and rehashed zones

Sure is Tumblr here

How does that correlate with tumblr? reddit would be a better analogy knowing how those tards bash sonic

Your waifu is garbage and so is your opinion.

What if they did both and just told them to fuck off.

Who?