Not-Beth open world RPG

I feel like playing an open world RPG. I'm sick of TES and modern Fallout though. Can you recommend me something?
I don't really like Gothic. Played a bit of Risen, it was cool. Are Risen 2 and 3 any good?

Nier: Automata, I guess.

STALKER

This and Metal Saga unless you understand nip

Sounds like a jap ripoff of Mad Max, with vehicles that aren't made out of garbage, katanas and clean people who are not constantly on drugs.

Breath of the Wild.

This.

Dragon's Dogma.

Gothic games, dumbass. 3 can even be alright with some patching.

That makes it sound pretty cool, actually. Albeit probably chuuni as fuck.

Ultima IV… assuming you can handle the learning curve.

He said non-Bethesda.

What this guy said all of the Gothic games are masterpieces, 3 just needs a community patch.

What if I understand nip?

Then you still can't fuck her

There's something I don't like about Gothic.

Ultima VII
Gothic
Darklands

Did you play Gothic in german?

In Polish

You should consider learning german just for Gothic, it improves the quality of the series immensely.

will this knowledge fix the combat in the game?

It's already better than any Bethesda game.

Kill yourself casual scum

i guess you wouldnt want an MMO, user

The Two Worlds series
I'm also curious if they are any good.

Why would you do this to me.

They are flawed gems that got overshadowed by being compared to Bethesda's games.

they are flawed turds that were reviewd too leniently.

The only thing I liked about the second one is that it had nice parallax textures in some of the dungeons.

Mite and Magic

mite be cool

lol

Stalker

Xenoblade X

You forgot the censorship in "what I got"

Nobody preventing you from playing japanese version you know.

What about that mad skillz bit?
It's not like Xeno series wasn't plagued by terrible "localisations" since game 1, it's just the last one got hit the hardest.

Dull empty world. Beth is special for their realistic use of clutters.

More akin to GTA and Saints Row than Beth.

Bad controls and picking up animation. Also, nothing respawns. Also, to build up your skill and get the best armor in Gothic, you need to follow a long path in main mission. The difference in Beth game is, getting the best items and upgrading your skills still take effort, but the game gives you freedom of approach.

There are still clutters in between the entrance and end. You're also forgetting other areas outside the dungeon. And then, there are Fallout games.

No, I'm saying the truth.

Is this the BethesDUH lolcow posting thread?

Fallout 4 wishes it could be the shittiest D&D games I've ever played in.

Gothic or Risen?

I'm a Shadowrun GM so you can imagine how hard I laughed when I read that.

I wish for only bad things to happen to this terrible person.

Elona is a bit of an open world roguelike. You could also play ccdda or df in adventure mode or unreal world. Any of those three will run on a fairly crappy pc.

Couldn't agree more. I assume they must be very young, so hopefully they'll just grow out of it, but it wouldn't be the worst thing if they died in a terrorist attack.

Might & Magic
3, 4+5 (they form one whole supergame), 6, and 7 are pretty good. I haven't played 8 or 9. 10 is okay but not great

Never played Gothic, but I really like Risen.

And sometimes it creates interesting results.

overall, the angles are better even if he lost the knife. But losing the knife actually raises his crazy as he tore his arm and head off with his bare hands

the embed failed to show the scene where he accesses the data in MOMO by alternatively pulling it from her brain and going full gropy on her

It was. It was called Metal Max before they were force to change it.

Gothic is Risen

witcher 3

This guy is trollin' the ever lovin shit out all you obsidian faggots.. :'^)

That must be it, there are no retarded people on the internet. Especially bethesda fans.

I legitimately wish that was true. And for the record I haven't replied to him, I'm just screenshoting the action. If you want to interact directly with him the comments are on this (excellent) video.

The Quest, if you're not a little babby that hates grids and don't mind the fact that it was originally on mobile.
They recently released an editor for the Steam version, which really lets you see how shit their engine is.
Unfortunately, the devs are Eastern European and suffer from mild retardation as a result, seeing as they fell for the paid mods meme.
Although even on mobile they had third-party expansions, and apparently you need to let them review your mod in order to charge money for it, so hopefully it's not a total shitshow.
However, it's been a few weeks and so far the only mods on the workshop are the example/modding tutorial mod and the third-party expansion they let Zarista Games make prior to releasing the editor to the public.

It is true, you retard. So blatantly fucking true.

I know it would be bait if it was posted here, but you should see the guy's reaction when people call him out on baiting.

It's bait anywhere, user.

I have. Bait. Have you never seen bait before or something? Baiters always try to rebait after failing to hook someone. It's fucking textbook bait.

Jesus lurk more until you learn more about baiters.

user, I've been posting on here for years and Holla Forums for years before that. Believe me I know bait when I see it. You have to be smart to bait, this person isn't that smart.

Why would I believe that? You're too fucking dense or retarded to see that guy is baiting.

Okay nigger, if you have to insist then I don't care enough to continue to debate you. You want to think the retard is only pretending to be retarded be my guest.

3 more DS games and a 3DS entry as well.

if this is not bait you have funny taste. you should try gothic 2. if you really dont like it after you gave it a chance you cant really be helped. the games have a very different, great approach when it comes to their open world.
for example witcher 3 is a good game, lots of attention and love has been given to details. it does make it a far better open world than, lets say, skyrim - but its still the modern approach to open worlds. and as such it has the same open world problems as other modern open world games - this may bother you a lot or not really. if it does bother you, you should try gothic.