MMORPG Thread

Hey anons, what old games are you playing in your favorite dead genre?
Any SWG players here? Are there any servers worth starting on or should I just wait another 10 years for JTL?
I'm playing L2Classic and Elysium until Crestfall drops. I guess Gummycraft looks breddy gud too if TBC is your thing.

I'm not into WoW past vanilla but I'll still play there in case crestfall really is a meme project like they say. Just won't go full nolife mode with alts and raiding and shit.

I'd like to try everquest P99 but I don't have any friends and don't really know the game too well beyond that it's group-centric.

Looking for a different game to play in the meantime. Not F2P. Any ideas?

Yeah, Vanilla's really the only WoW I care for, and I'm pretty burnt out on corrupt-as-hell Elysium, I'm just sort of getting my cooldown on WoW right now to see if Crestfall turns out well, and if not, then fuck it, I'll drop it until official classic servers if ActiBlizzard doesn't ruin them.
What kind of MMOs do you like? Grindy/Sandbox/Themepark? Unfortunately most of my go-to's from the golden era are dead so my choices are limited.

i think SWGEMU is still the most populated SWG server but i wouldn't bother until jump to lightspeed

Yeah man x days until e3 and waifu wednesday threads are much better quality

I used to play Wildstar, it was fun for dicking around and exploring in.

Same. Elysium is fun until you start to understand the corruption. It's just unplayable after that.

Finished my T1 set on Zeth'Kur-Elysium today…
Just waiting to transfer off this dad server.

whats this corruption on Elysium?

What about a lewd MMO where you rape other players?

It was really shitty, but look up Scarlet Blade.
No rape but lots of tits and ass everywhere.
>all those people that paid real money for the ability to remove their character's lingerie pasties

For some strange reason, I've got the itch to play Everquest Online Adventures for the PS2. Probably won't last more than a few hours, but I want to be reminded of what it's like to play an MMO where the grind is just annoying to keep you paying your subscription longer - rather than having half the content locked behind multi-grinds for special tokens and currencies that are designed to make it so goddamned complicated and annoying to get that you buy shit from the in-game pop-up ads.

And I don't want to have to download 100GB of updates over my shitty internet or pay a monthly fee for a game I'm probably just toss in the bin in a few days.

I already got EQ:OA on my PS2/PCSX2, and I never gave it a fair shake before since it was only ever a FFXI holdover for me.

Did anyone ever create private servers for that game? Is there still an active community if so?

yeah, a game with that concept but with a more PSO2 battle mechanics would have been shweet

I'd play the shit out of it for both the combat AND the tits.

I tried playing Guild Wars 2 but the combat and NPCs are so boring. The dialogue with NPCs mean absolutely nothing and there's no incentive to even talk to them.

Lots of people recommended it (not here, elsewhere) but I can't get into it. Maybe I'll try out Blade and Soul or more likely Black Desert

Basically the admin of Elysium was selling materials and colluding with Chinese gold farmers to bolster her own pocket at the expense of her western playerbase. It became a big shitshow and culminated with the admin saying "Fuck you, if you don't believe the lies I spew, go play somewhere else".
Elysium has been bleeding players since.

I wish Rift didn't turn into a F2P shitshow. I liked when invasions took place and started killing quest givers, forcing people to cooperate.

FLYFF. This game defined was pretty much all I did for 2 or 3 years every day after I came back from school (the game's like 11 years old now). I remember all sorts of events, fights, rare items that I had, and even interactions with players. It was that memorable, especially flying for the first time and chilling at the Bangs area, getting buffs from high level ringmasters. And then people would run away like hell when the boss bang came. Man, the memories. The music makes me cry.

If any of you played back then, there's a new server, meteonyker, on the european client. I made a character on that because I heard the game's less p2w now and that it's pretty damn populated.

I just wanna say this. Is anyone else pissed at how almost all private servers have ridiculous rates for everything? x500 money, x500 exp, instantly get X or Y. It ruins the entire game. Leveling is supposed to take a ton of time and this is what makes you want to have parties. Nowadays there's too much exp given, so everyone just goes solo. And in private servers it's even worse, you can skip a ton of areas, monsters, and grind just because everything's instant. Everyone's a freaking hero. I miss it when there was actually a grind but several ways to overcome that grind, which were fun. And when there were a lot of aggro mobs roaming the field that you'd avoid. Or how you'd god damn die once in a while. I can't remember when I died in new mmorpgs. And if I did, I don't remember any penalties. All this handholding and everyone's great mentality is what killed mmorpgs, this is my #1 reason for it.

SWG Legends is an NGE server, if you want to play JTL might as well play there and ignore the ground aspect entirely. SWGEmu is close to implementing jedi village and corvette. Jedi village and jedi already work on the primary test server, just has to be added to the second test server.

Token Age of Wushu post. Fourth inner is open on WT2, still a handful of tireless autists playing.

MMO's are only good if you can spank your healslut in game.