Lego Worlds

I am going to ask a question - how good actually Lego Worlds is in terms of building?
I want to build castles and antique stuff.

I heard it was kinda a wasted oprotunity. If you going to make something lego, I should be able to make spaceships and cars and boats and a giant flying spaceshipcarboat.

Abysmally shit. You've got a low load of bricks, and colors, not to mention the horrible controls of building in general.
I don't know how they fucked this up. It's been done fine many times before.

LEGO is scared of competing with themselves so they pull back from fully committing to full toy experience in a digital form.

What's a good alternative then for someone who enjoys building vehicles and not just static structures?

I wouldn't be surprised. This game came out of EA far too early. It wasn't finished, and it's still pretty sub-par.

Is there any game that does that? Other than Minecraft with mods I can't think of one. It's a golden opportunity for someone.

Nothing, that shit would print money. Bonus points for making it mod-able and having coop and verses. We could have the spaceship battles we always wanted complete with fighters, the ship to ship battles, fuck even land carriers. Why hasnt this happened yet?

I didn't want to get this because I wasn't expecting an actual game from it, just a glorified building sandbox.
Watched some live gameplay of it, and it's not even a glorified building sandbox because the building aspects of it suck, so it's a glorified destruction sandbox because you'll spend more time just destroying the procedurally generated world than actually building in it, unless you have strong enough autism to master building shit with the horrible controls. I just checked the stats for lego worlds, all-time peak was over 4k, now the 24 peak is just over 600, and only a little over 300 players actually playing it

space engineers, since the ships actually work

From the Depths is pretty fun. Plus, naval builder games are rare, and something I've longed for since playing those old Roblox raftchallenge games.

Yeah, if they arent exploding or running like shit.

Game's not bad, but fuck me if it isn't covered in bugs. Building anything significant lags the world up, and besides that, if you're wanting to play in survival because creative is boring, you're going to completely suffer when it comes to building shit. Ship welders don't hardly reach anywhere, and work slower than the top-tier handheld welder. Which means that it is literally pointless, outside of inventory space which is rarely an issue, to use a welder.
Beyond that, mods are the only thing that make the game decent. Otherwise there's jack shit to do, beyond dig. Hope you love building bigger and bigger mining ships, because that's the only thing that ever fucking matters.

Lego racers 2

personally the building is fine but just an incredibly slow process, and tying it to tools than you move around is retarded when your guy suddenly falls down a cliff and glitches

also not being able to create custom vehicles is retarded

Simple Planes, Kerbal Space Program, Spore.

It's pretty shitty. Controls are awkward and buggy and blocks are limited. There's not even any form of SNOT. If all you care about is the building part, try Leocad. It supports pretty much every block ever including printed ones. You can export it too, so you can import it into Blender and make fancy renders of what you built. You can also convert it to a vidya map that way if you don't care about changing it after the fact.

Garry's Mod

The point was, you completely build your ship from the ground up and it flies through space, which is more than can be said of really any other game, despite the glaring issues with performance.

I forgot about kerbal space program.

The old Zoids model kits had wind up walking mechanisms inside

not building construction deconstruction ships and raiding the npc's? great times chilling on the moon dumping cargo vessels into a grinder pit and printing a new fighter from the scrap to go do it again.

but seriously the game actualy whent to shit with their 3d sound update loss of stability mixed with multiplayer still being fucked we cant roll back to a working version because stem or some such bullshit with them losing the licence to the havoc physics and just removing it from their game instead of renewing their licence. pistons and connectors are fucked still. but now npc ships have ai that makes looting them a bitch because you cant incapacitate them easily without totaling both ships. but an improvement from strait line at 20 meters a second. but even with all that bullshit they still randomly spawn ships every time you try to raid something like looky here guna spawn some drones up your ass and they will hunt your down when you re spawn because your base needed a drone hurtling strait for it at 100 mps. OH and weapons are shit speed limit of 100 mps fucks any custom weapons bullets and rockets disappear afer 800 meters.

Do note KSP leans more towards realism than creativity, meaning instead of flashy space fighters and cruisers battling in a nebula, it's dildos burning for 5 minutes for a transfer, than accelerating time for 3 years until your symmetrical box probe gets to it's destination. Still fun though. I recommend the SETI modpack

kek/10

That's actually a really good point, a genuinely well made building simulator could potentially kill actual set sales.

Not really, though. This is the same argument Games Workshop makes for 40k games.
The only thing it does is makes people want to buy the actual models, and make some of the stuff they saw in the game in the real world.
Fuck, I would've never bothered getting into tabletop games without playing Space Marine.

I want normalfags to leave.

You still can't make anything like working vehicles, right?

Ah, looks like it. Absolutely wasted opportunity.

Nope
The sandbox mode which was removed from the game at launch from EA (which is the best part of the game) was readded last I checked so there is still fun to be had.
We never did get a multiplayer thing going of some kind either.

I've never had a problem with raiding ships even on the new update. All you need to raid em is a grinder and a torch really.

But yeah SE is one of those "I want to love you but you're being retarded" games.

What they needed was something that took all the best aspects of Minecraft, Sandbox/Open World games, the Traveler's Tales Franchise Lego games, The Lego Island games, and slapped in multiplayer with private servers.

This should be a game where you can set up custom lego races and have a blaster with a group of friends just as easily as you could build a massive lego city. If they really wanted to obliterate the market, they could have put in the light scripting and scenario building features that Minecraft has and beat them at their own game.

Instead, they didn't even half-ass it.

The developers where clearly on that path but it looks like someone higher up got scared they where making something that would compete or make pointless buying their other virtual projects.
Shame.
Although considering lego blocks are not legally protected, anyone could make a sandbox game in the same vein as lego worlds. Maybe one day.

These sort of games almost seem cursed. I mean, look at Blocklands, it's run by an absolute sperg.

thats kind of how i feel about it, since i only made boats and spaceships with legos. ive never tried it but it seems alright to build with, better than minecraft in any case not that thats saying very much. although i did see some people complaining about the building aspect, i dont remember the details.