Fighting Game General: Old Tekken looks hilarious nowadays Edition

Game is confirmed to be using Denuvo for it's PC release.
whyisdenuvobad.github.io/
Two guest characters from other franchises confirmed as DLC and Season Pass users.
Costumes and modes were also confirmed as DLC. Eliza confirmed as a preorder exclusive character. She will be put as a regular DLC a month later.
Supposed leaked cast lists: archive.is/DWPhD#selection-6593.1-6593.43
archive.is/K5P1Q
Game will be released on September 19th. Deluxe version includes Sigma, other 5 DLC characters and 6 costumes, skins for Ryu, Thor, X and Hulk.
Red Hood trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=2lovdnOUCqg
Him, Starfire and Subzero confirmed as the first 3 DLC characters.
Both steam and console versions are out. There'll be a retail version of the game compatible with the ones who update their normal game with the DLC.
OST: mega.nz/#!OopXgLqT!KQUY2RuETD_4Tk6sqQWdGwOmFK60FOMx5GGZrVAVdrc
PC version is up for pre-order on steam. Pre-ordering the game gives you instant access to the closed beta. The game is also 20% off if you pre-order. DLC characters are not included in the standard version.
Game is updated with the new CFN, balance patch, new trials for season pass onwers and DLCs: Ed, Vega's SFII and Bison's Stage.
Fairy Tail and Shingeki no Kyojin(including the stage) packs will be delisted from PSN, Steam and Xbox Marketplace after June 20th: teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/info_20170522.html
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st] is confirmed for PS4, PS3 and PSVita. The game will be released on July 20 in Japan in physical and digital media on PS4. Digital only for PS3 and Vita.
Wagner has been confirmed as Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late [st]'s second new character for the console release.
EVO 2017 will feature 9 games: Blazblue CF, GuiltyGear Xrd Rev2, Injustice2, KOFXIV, SFV, Melee, Smash Bros. WiiU, Tekken7 and UMvC3.
EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th.
Treta Championship LATAM Will Happen Between Sep. 30 and Oct. 01. Will Feature MKXL, T7, SFV, KOFXIV, SMash 4, Injustice 2, GGXrd Rev2, MvsCI and a community choice.
Tohru Sakurai, series creator of Arcana Heart, has passed away eariler this month. Examu is hiring for a new game.
Punch Planet Matches: youtube.com/watch?v=yIr2RuV-GuU
Cerebrawl new character: youtube.com/watch?v=ayHtKpk5ib4
Fight of Gods new trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=_kfPwWYnxzA
Trajes Fatais(TRAF) will be released outside of Brazil under the name TRAF: Suits of Fate
Fightin' Herds latest stream: youtube.com/watch?v=ipvxFkQ4iaw
Strides 2 Glory latest gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=KKuIW3jXry0
Kemono Friends Fighter latest character trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=f6vmfguGB0w
Omen of Sorrow gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=jKIXxF-oFfg
Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
Discord group: discord.gg/DbHMSCd
>>>/fighters/
For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIAdFlUveZWPmtA87GUnaNj9WZ-Fba79u
gamezone.com/news/tekken-7-datamining-reveals-bowl-mode-as-dlc-one-dlc-character-has-gauge-mechanic-3454254
nichegamer.com/2017/06/06/pokken-tournament-dx-announced-nintendo-switch/
twitter.com/Nintendo/status/872083157817843712
pokemon.gamespress.com/releases/2434/new-pokmon-games-announced-via-pokmon-direct
archive.is/Rinq7
eu.tekken.com/#!/en/news/patch-dates-for-tekken-7-on-pc-ps4-xb1
steamcommunity.com/app/389730/discussions/0/1354868867707969038/?ctp=2
virtuafighter.com/wiki/index/
virtuafighter.com/wiki/neko-dojo-2afc-approach/
virtuafighter.com/threads/5-steps-to-learning-virtua-fighter.15813/
virtuafighter.com/threads/virtua-fighter-is-easy-vf5fs-basics-for-new-players.20282/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP5ovclebrn-m53Qzb2CBKVHBWhzR2IO2
projectlabyrinth.com/MadLibs/MadLib.php?mid=1366213250994
twitter.com/i/moments/827162464051666944
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

post your mains here.

Is it cheating that I use Instakills to beat order sol in arcade mode?

Someone please gift me Tekken 7.
[email protected]/* */

what if the final definitive version of street fighter 5 let you choose grooves like CvS?

a SFIV groove for focus attacks and splitting supers/ultras
SF3S groove for parrying and multiple super stocks
SFA for different ISMs and those crazy combos you get out of em
and SFV groove for V-System and 3-bar CA
all balanced to compete on equal grounds of course

Dude just wait for the soon-to-be-released VF5:FS PC port, then I'll gift you a copy if you want.

I haven't gotten the Akuma special battle to show up in treasure battle yet, does it only happen after a certain win streak or am I just really unlucky?

> Tekken 7 will have two characters from outside franchises as DLC
What's the chance of pic related getting in?
I hear that a lot of tweets from Nipponland and Burgerland have been pushing for him.

I got Skullgirls from one of the steam key threads, I haven't played a single fightan.
Should I?

Of course. Ignore all the tourneyfags and just give it a try.

How did I manage to fuck up greentext this badly?

Yakuza PC when?

user please stop giving me hope

For me personally Tekken 7 is another fantastic addition to the series, the spectacle has a great level of polish and just feels great to play.

I just wish we had some more varied commands when coming to the end of combos, plus more combos that range between 4 to 6 hits. Most are 2 to 3 which is a bit lacklustre especially when the last attack isn't satisfying to use.

Why? You don't like VF or something? Who else wouldn't be hyped that VF5:FS is finally getting a PC port?

Riding of recent game hype and has an absolutely massive moveset to take from, and VF isn't coming around anytime soon.

No idea but I have faced him under a 65 win streak.

Wheres the source?

Trust me, my dad works at SEGA

F-fuck you

So last thread some people expressed interest in Under Night In Birth. I found a series of tutorials (all subbed) outlining the base system and the exe: Late roster. Should be a nice resource.
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIAdFlUveZWPmtA87GUnaNj9WZ-Fba79u

It's pretty good. Definitely give it a try and check out the tutorials first because they are among some of the better in the genre right now. Prepare to get your ass cheeks spread open online though, at this stage the only people who still are active are the tourneyfags and streamers.

I don't like tekken.

The bat you can use in customization can be used to reflect Akuma's fireballs.

I turned Lili into a qt dictator.

is there a karate gi for Josie?

i want to make her look like makoto from stret fighter LMAO

Josie isn't a karateka though

i know i just think shes a goddamned cutie

Why not?

What's the difference?

Exactly.

I added Ed as a secondary, I like some of his stuff and it's not going to be any kind of difficult to remember what to do with him
I re-added Bowser as a secondary, he's fun

Think turnout will see a nosedive like CEO's did?

Haven't really changed any mains so I won't bother updating the format.

For SFV I certainly hope so, but I really want to see Tekken get popular quick.

Looks like something out of a K-Pop video.

Yeah, she's a qt dictator.

Denuvo

If you bought T7 PC kill yourself

Its already cracked, Badman is working on it, who gives a fuck?

Where did my L go?

No thanks dude, too busy having fun.
fuck off Ono.

I don't pay for any Bandai Namco products because they're just as bad as capcom.

At least they released a finished product.

speaking about bamco and capcom. How much royalties will capcom get from the Tekken sales since akuma is in the game?

I swear Capcom is M. Kight Shyamalan of the gaming industry as in they keep fucking up that no one is really interested in them ATM.

14,000+ good goys bought Denuvo

Some of them frequent this thread

Sorry, let me buy the inferior version instead.

You're missing a zero.

i miss 2002

Fuck yeah.

play fightcade

That's pretty debatable depending on the game. And at least capcom didn't try to piss around for an excuse for using a season passes unlike bamco.
They're both equally shit in my eyes

I'm pretty sure akuma was in tekken 7 only as an apology for SFxT

cool story bro, le based hirada amirite?!

T7 feels pretty finished to me dude.

Apparently some people datamined Tekken 7 and found that tekken bowl may be the dlc game mode and 1 of the 2 guest characters has a gauge meter. FEEL THE HEAT
MAKE IT HAPPEN SEGA

Keyword;
I'm deny T7 is complete. I'm just say releasing a single complete game doesn't snub out their blotchy past.

Snubbed out SFV well enough.

I wanna see some T7 screenshots on all low settings to see if you really do get the T1 CG experience

You say that like it's hard to do

Oh shit, that was fast.

it's ok to stand in lava if you have a body made for sex

Shes just making the lava hotter

It's because she's already hot dude.

No Black DSP videos?

Fug I wanted Tekken ball.

hue

Watching BlackSydePhil is like going to the zoo and watching the monkeys piss themselves.
DPS is just pathetic.

Has Nig Phil ever played against real phil?

gamezone.com/news/tekken-7-datamining-reveals-bowl-mode-as-dlc-one-dlc-character-has-gauge-mechanic-3454254

No but it should happen

I don't even know how the hype for Kiryu came around. People just suddenly screamed for him in unison.
Not that I hate it.

He has a two hour stream, if you feel like giving him minutes for his revenue. No edited shit yet.

Nigger for some reason, I could listen to LTG bitch for fucking hours. DSP I can only take so much of.

Nah, I'm not giving that guy my views. I'll gladly watch edited material, though.

That's why I didn't link anything. Sadly no edited shit for LTG yet. I could do it, but like a fag he's been sending out copyright strikes and I already have two.

i have more tekken money than god himself but can't buy the one item i want

I said this in the last thread that I really don't want Kiryu in Tekken 7, he's too much like Kazuya in design. Goro Majima would be a better choice and more interesting.

I wonder who could fit that description…

I wish I could find more people here (EU) to play Lethal League

What's amusing about this is that in Tekken 6 you could get Kazuya to look like Geese. I know this because this was my custom setup.

I think LTG challenged Phil on twitter for a SFIV match, but Phil refused to do so.

Nigger you what? How is any console version better than PC?
>PC will have a cracked version with no DRM

This isn't even a
thing. Other than having a juke box and a bigger user base on release, ps4 version is considerably worse.

LTG actually has a bit of competency, his ego is just the size of the moon.

rng, it happens easier in arcade, same with demon kazumi

I came across a Eddie player with Pepe avatar yesterday, was it one of you?

Is Tekken 7 a good place?

Groovy, what colours?

Blue.

go on fightcade and have a bunch of matches with other people to see if you actually like playing against other people.

You forgot the best part
lewd mods

What a fucking tragedy. Just because Capcom is shit doesn't mean you need to support and shill for games that have other bad industry practices, that's some selective fanboy teir shit.

They better not be, as they are the very consumers who are part of the problem that made the industry go to shit, and that allowed shit like Denuvo to become a thing in the first place.

Isn't Tekken that game for MRAs who get off on beating up women?

Isn't that every fighting game?

They are. I'm losing faith/interest in these generals. Next time I feel like talking about fighting games I'll just make my own thread.

Does anyone play NitroPlus Blasterz? After coming from GGXrd Revelator, will it be any fun to play by comparison? Or should I just go ahead and pick up Tekken 7?

I played around with it when it came out on steam, it was fun to experiment with and make combos with the assists. Haven't played competitively though, apparently it's pretty busted in terms of balance.

oh, i see. That doesn't sound very fun at all. I'm not very big into competitive stuff, but if it's that imbalanced online won't be any fun in the least i imagine.

If Capcom wanted that, it should have been in uSF4. Ultra I, II or W was a poor substitute.

For the love of God SEGA please

Don't worry, the VF5:FS port is coming soon

Don't worry, surely Bandai Namco has the sense to pull out of a horrible deal, right? It shouldn't be long before T7 has at least some of the cancer excised.

Already cracked, Denuvo is no different from Steamworks now.

We only need lewd mods now and Tekken 7 on PC doesn't suck anymore.

welp

Wasn't the promotion a week?

Everything's 20% off until release.

At least it's not C-Roa.

I'd put money on it being another Street Fighter character.

WAS IT WORTH IT BAMCO? WAS IT WORTH SPENDING HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO STOP A HANDFUL OF PIRATES FOR A FEW DAYS FOR A GAME PEOPLE WERE GONNA BUY REGARDLESS?

More DSP salt.

god dammit

I'm sure all the preorders cancelled, the lost consumers and the draconian DRM imposed in all paying costumers were well damn worth to keep a few pirates from playing the game for a few days!

I'M SURE IT WAS WELL DAMN WORTH IT!

Source?

nichegamer.com/2017/06/06/pokken-tournament-dx-announced-nintendo-switch/
The pokemon direct just announced it.

All the arcade characters + Decidueye and a new 3v3 KoF Mode, comes out in september

Do you guys think they'll let us buy new characters with fight money?

What the hell is taking so long?

Not really. Ferra stabs Torr to make him more effective.

New classics.

Probably here twitter.com/Nintendo/status/872083157817843712
And Niche Gamer.

Funny how they had no reason to do that, and already saw many games being cracked so fast.

Not to mention that, except if someone has a scene to play with offline (most people who pirate don't), there's no fucking reason to put Denuvo on a MULTIPLAYER-FOCUSED GAME.

pokemon.gamespress.com/releases/2434/new-pokmon-games-announced-via-pokmon-direct

Play Pokkén anytime, anywhere on Nintendo Switch – Play Pokkén Tournament DX in TV mode, handheld mode, or share a Joy-Con controller with another Trainer to battle one-on-one in tabletop mode anywhere!
A brand-new fighter — Decidueye enters the battle, alongside all previous Pokémon from the Wii U and arcade versions.
New Support Pokémon – Litten and Popplio make their debut to lend their support in battle.
Team Battle mode – Pick three Pokémon and battle it out to be the first to defeat all your opponent’s Pokémon to win in the new Team Battle mode.
Group Match mode – Find similar skilled players in battle rooms for intense and fun battles online.
Daily Challenges – Complete a variety of different daily challenges.
Watch battle replays – Hone your skills by watching other players’ replays and share your best matches online with the new replay feature.
Jump straight into battle - All characters and Support Pokémon will be available right from the start of the game.

Im probably off my rocker but Im pretty sure 3 v3 batles with Pokken were pretty popular in Japan. and they did have ppl attend those 3 v 3 tournies. So i guess thats why they did it.

I don't know if this is genuine or not.
If it is why would they be shilling even harder.

Previous thread: archive.is/Rinq7

I didn't had much time these days to anything related to fightans

you'll get lewd mods
but the first ones will be futa because futa modder for doa5 who was mostly ignored is now to going to kekken

I justify it as a dollar per hour and I'm going to get well over 100+ hours in this game anyways.

Just stop user, you know you did something wrong and no amount of mental gymnastics will change that. Just come clean and move on.

it's a fucking T-shirt advert you retard

honestly, playing Tekken 7 on low feels fine, but you gotta turn textures up cause low textures ruins the whole thing.

Glad I'm not you user. Bet you also got it on PS4.

Dubs picks my new fightan stick background.

Fuck that shit.

Catherine because she's best Catherine.

they re all bad tbh

Show examples of good ones then.

I'm pirating it since I won't have to give bamco money and I have local meet ups so no online is no problem.

Fucking assign them numbers and throw some dice around.

I think the same, but I'll get them after I see how they are dude. I don't want another XCOM 2 - Anarchy's Children situation again

I envy you user. I'm stuck in a college hippy fucking town that doesn't play video games, much less have any kind of meetup for fitin. I even tried to start one, but no one here gives a shit.

That's a good point. Harada is pretty keen on triggering feminists though, so I'm expecting great things.

You're so innocent user

I'm gonna get mods as well, but why not get shit that'll piss feminists off anyways?

the superior title

It's pretty great, everyone in the meet ups are cheap bastards that only legitimately buy the game if it's niche and not riddled with microtransactions.

But user! If we don't buy the season pass, how will bamco ever afford to do patches!

By taking money from the Soul Calibur budget

It's just because of Tekken right? Right?

Harada knows.

Every Asuka I came across today had this title, and I don't think I saw it on anyone else

Tekken looks ugly damn

Boy you crazy I'm on medium settings because it defaulted to that and I keep forgetting to go to max.

Should i buy tekken 7 on PC

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Seriously user?

No, it's cracked. Just pirate it

What is this meme?

I'm having fun. Also got more hours on it than I do on Nekopara (33) finally. I'll probably rack up 100s. I know had about 8K battles or so on T6&TTT2 between the two of them and that was with really slow loading times.

you gotta wait for the Kabukicho stage tho

Is all the content available?

Also I'm kinda miffed that Gigas is basically just a beginner character with like no satisfying combos. He basically boils down to "slap opponent in air and then throw"

Am I just playing him wrong? He has really fast punches but no real combos.

Of course he does.

Buy KOF instead.

Nah, he's just worthless-tier

fucking hell that's dumb. He's like the only new character with that issue. He's really good at pressure in a game based around combos, he belongs in a 2d fighter more then anything. This better not be the last game with him.

I didn't even play him in tekken, he's my soul calibur main.

Unless they improve him I hope he FUCKING DIES because he's basically a shitty "big guy" replacement for Marduk.

All I used to really do in the Tekken games was play the story mode and fuck around against bots, is T7 worth it? I keep reading the single player stuff fucking sucks.

It's cracked, just pirate it

Lovely stuff, hadn't realized, I thought Denuvo took months for this shit. Good to know

So now that denuvo is cracked, how long until it's patched out of T7?

Not anymore, cracks are getting faster and faster. Denuvo is basically an excuse for publishers to piss away 100,000+ dollars to piss people off and cause more people to pirate.

Superior limb-based combat?

Never, Bamco's other Denuvo'd games still have it despite them all being cracked.

Jesus her boobs are so distracting every time I fight her.

Beautiful.

oh my god he sounds like he's fucking crying

Well he did break up with pandalee recently

I always love those moments where he drops the act and is just genuinely shocked at his own mistakes. It's beautiful.

As much as I saw that coming, I've noticed Phil seems significantly less happy compared to before, and I can't help but almost feel bad for the guy.

It's the little things.

WEW

I'm not saying they're saints, but at least they're using jewish tactics to just piss off more feminists instead of spread degeneracy.

Nah.

The [email protected]/* */ costumes were announced two years ago, video and everything.
Sadly Paul's won't exist.

So either bamco is paying you to shill or you're the type of person that actually defends SFV.

I hope at the very fucking least Kuma gets his scarf? The armour looks like shit. The pants ruin it, especially because his fur looks too good in this game to cover it with stupid looking crap

I'm tempted to refund now.

Nigger those are some fucking fighting words. SFV was a load of shit, and I still flinch when I remember how good the beta was compared to what we got.

So you're being paid by Bamco then?

I wish.

Hey, I've got no problem with people enjoying the game. I just have a problem with people trying to rationalize anti-consumer shit. You want to play the game, go for it. Just don't try to defend something is objectively bad.

It's like defending Denuvo.

I get swimsuits and I get to read feminist salt as Harada basically tells them all to eat a dick. I'm content.

Denuvo and lack of typical tekken content is the only real issue with the game so far, though. The whole DLC thing isn't perfect but there were places you could buy the deluxe edition for even less than the price of any previous tekken game ever. For support till the end of S1's content in 2018, I think it's a fair trade. And if they release season 2 in 2018 I can skip it and just enjoy the continued system updates.

Do it and get KOF instead. A legitimately good 2D fighter without Denuvo, next to no DLC except the (for now) 4 DLC characters that were added after the game came out due to rushed production and no gimmicks.

I already have KoF. All my friends are playing Tekken, and as much as I hate to say it, I'm having more fun with that right now.

nice game

Catherine

pick 03.

give metroid some love

Winner.

What the FUCK do I do against Yoshimitsu? I fucking threw everything at that faggot and I couldn't even hit him.

Git gud

Today is Marie Rose's birthday. Happy birthday, Marie Rose!

NEW CHALLENGER

Filtered for being an unhelpful faggot.

I feel like I've seen this exact post before.

It's always better to record your self playing against them and then ask us for recommendations

So I got rev 2 for pc only to find that the scene is dead. Is the ps4 scene alive?

Poor potemkin

no cross play?

how exactly was the beta better? my biggest complaint is how the game didnt change at all from the beta.

iirc Shitpile Vee is the only fightan with PC/console crossplay.

What region?

I don't have any empathy for these people. I hope fighting games die out, or at least become the worst nickel-and-diming schemes ever made. I hope they get upset, but then realize it's their fucking fault.

This thread is chock-full of faggots who will suck up any cum Capcom/Namco dribbles out for them.

Beta had zero rollback. In fact, the online aspect of the beta was fucking perfect. Shocks me how far backwards it went after release.

Kill yourself

midwest. but I check the others. the only players I found sunday night was 2 players in ranked that wouldn't accept my challenges

Might be cancer but try looking for a discord or something?

I was expecting it to be as populated as no sales fighter 5. If its populated on ps4 then I'll just get it on there too. money is no issue

Nobody plays ranked in Xrd, check the lobbies.

It's GigaDev.

My animator went to Asia for the month so it's probably gonna be a while until any progress is made on the game unless I can find someone to replace him. What makes it hard is that we need to redo all the animations with a new rig, and I'm not sure if that's basically the same as doing them from scratch. But if it is the same then we'd probably be best served by getting someone to replace him while he's away.

I don't really see what else I can do this month. I'll see if I can replace him because I don't want to wait a month to make progress.

Your dedication to this project reminds me that I should work on my own.

ranked was broken in rev. idk if they fixed it but no one uses it. the most active lobby is on the east coast so you generally have to play in that one. the connection is usually fine

Bravo Bamco, you managed to keep pirates away for whole THREE days.

Kazuya isn't going to be in fucking T7 we are saving him for VF6.

So what's everyone's highest win streak in treasure mode?

Mine so far is 133.

Got about 100 before losing it because I tried out Kazumi

I stopped playing treasure when I found out you can unlock everything with a trainer to change your 'played games' to 2K. I haven't used that yet but I'm considering it. I don't think treasure battle is fun.

I haven't pirated it yet.
Tell me ya didn't buy it user.

Don't let these niggers guilt trip you into dismissing an entire game you could portentially get years of entertainment out of, just because it has denuvo, user. It's easy for many of them to jump on the moral high horse, because they probably didn't even care all that much about actually playing it anyway.

I've noticed a trend with many posters in this thread. They would rather fellate certain commonly circlejerked games (KoF, VF) but when it comes to actually playing them they enter full dodge mode, or play for like 20 minutes, turn out to be outright fucking garbage and are never heard from again.

All these Denuvo whiners. Yeah, Denuvo fucking sucks, but that doesnt change the fact that Tekken 7 is phenomenal. It's easily the best fighting game released in years. Still supporting the devs despite Denuvo.

How does it feel being objectively wrong?
So you think other people are dumb, yet you gloat about giving money to Namco/Bandai?

I wanna get good at Street Fighter 2 (whatever version they play in tournaments) but aside from a few combo videos on Youtube I don't know where to start. I have Fightcade and SSF2T but I'm shit. How do I know what character is best for me? How do I get better at inputs in an old game? Is it worth it to practice against the AI or should I exclusively play against humans?

This part is completely true and happened to me many times when I asked for SC2 and VF4 matches

Play against people as much as you can. You just need to practice consistency on inputs as much as you can, and then when you feel confident enough go to some local tourneys and either observe how the pros act or join in yourself and ask for pointers.
Choose whatever character you think looks cool. Work from there into ones that are actually decent, since at least if you start at a shit character you'll get a better grasp on fundamentals.

Sure buddy I bet they're all just scared of how super good you are. This guy plays Tekken, he must be too cool for school.

fight them and post results

Denuvo should be looked down upon and all times though

Just hold on a SECOND… You can play VF4 online???

Thanks mate. I'm gonna try to get this training mode hack running.

You can using demul, I posted a guide to it a while ago

Demul huh? Sweet, I'll check it out

New Soulcalibur when

Likely never. The last one wasn't particularly good or well received.

that makes me sad.

Speaking of, which SoulCalibur is the best if I just wanna play singleplayer for the most part?

3, but back up your saves frequently.

Soul Blade on PS1 has the best quest mode. Best challenges, best weapons.

I already have Soul Blade and SCII, thing is that there's a guy selling his old games nearby and he's selling III, IV and V for 5 bucks each. Since V is garbage I was wondering if III and IV are any good for singleplayer.

Thanks for the warning

Choose a top tier like Old Sagat or Claw
Eooooooooo -Mao

I enjoyed 3 the most, and it saddens me that they squandered the really good setting and concept (fighter with weapons as the main thing) so hard.
But Namco and Capcom love fucking up their franchises, as MvC and Tekken show.

Should usf4 could've lasted another year or two? Remember that without SONY money, SF5 was tentatively slated for 2018….

usf4 definitely could've gone another year at least. Would've been for the better to have some more time to finish 5 rather than rush it out the door.

yup i've tried to find people to play vf with in these threads for a few years or even just talk about the game and nothing ever comes of it. it was the same way with kof xiii, that game was cheap as hell and actually had good netcode and no one gave a shit until they needed something to hold on a pedestal over capcom.
vf and tekken are such fundamentally different games that it's hard to take anyone holding one over the other seriously. with that said, here's some good vf footage; let's talk about vf.

how is the vf4 netplay

ultra hadn't even peaked yet, all it needed was a slight balance patch and it would've been a healthy game for a few more years

What a supremely retarded statement. VF being different from Tekken doesn't make Tekken any better or VF any worse. And after the shitshow that was Terraria general I don't see why anyone would want to play any games with other people on Holla Forums ever again.

I know it's off topic but I'm really curious what happened in terraria with anons.

I mean it started nice but a lot of the admins in the server were the exact kind of autistic you'd expect and it fell to shit when they tried their best to ruin the fun

Forgot to say, it's actually come quite a long way and is almost at the point where it's going to be a staple for any PC fightan enthusiast to have some experience in.

The gamenights we have here are pretty comfy

BRAVO HARADA

You got a point there. More to the point I'd be more than willing to participate in some sort of semi-regular fighting game nights on Holla Forums, but I feel there'd be a large skill gap.

HOW DID THIS NOT COME UP DURING PLAYTESTING? IS THIS A FAKE VIDEO?

Best intro too

Truly the greatest fighting game ever created.

Says right there on the bottom right that it's on Turbo Battle.

phew

I just tried it, impossible in a non-turbo match, you can get two hits in before he falls through.

I could download the CBT, I'm gonna be so ass at launch.

I'm downloading the Tekken 7 crack right now, does it work online ?

You could do this in tag 2 turbo mode also.

eu.tekken.com/#!/en/news/patch-dates-for-tekken-7-on-pc-ps4-xb1
Why did I pay for this

I don't know why you're surprised. Bamco doesn't this with every title they staple denuvo to, they refuse to give it up regardless if it gets cracked.

I mean does.
Also the excuse is pretty funny.

If you say so, surely it is true.

good luck. From an input standpoint ST requires the most discipline. There's also a ton of match up knowledge with knowing old and new counterparts of characters even if all of them aren't relevant. Practicing with AI can be useful IMO because it can create some weird situations but at the same time it's hard to replicate stuff.

That makes perfect sense from corporate stand point. They will release new characters and modes and shit, and supposedly cracked old version will be incompatible with it, so pirates will need to crack new version with each update.

Split was pretty entertaining.

gitgud

Is Injustice seriously popular enough to compete against these three?

Which Faitan games have the best character creation or customization?
And which custom characters do you like the most?

It's really foolish for them to think pirates would start paying after the game got cracked faster than ever, and Tekken is one of those series where it has more than enough single player content to keep people busy in between cracks. From corporate stand point it makes sense, but I feel it's more Bamco trying to rationalize wasting ass loads of money on DRM that didn't work.

Injustice has massive normalfag appeal.

I'm just guessing here but I imagine any normalfag with interest in comic books is probably going to be receptive to it on top of the normal NRS audience.

I miss soul calibur so much.

Why not just play SCII netplay that gets shilled all the time? It's certainly better than hoping they make a SCVI with a smaller budget than V that's riddled with DLC and them paying for denuvo instead of putting it towards the game.

SCV lizardman was my favorite character and I can't go back to SC2 lizardman.

fair enough

I have been working in the game industry long enough to know what this is - some exec trying to save his neck by doubling down and stalling for time.

SC2 still has an active community on 8wayrun btw. And perhaps for other games but I never checked their forums

It's really foolish to think that there is DRM that can't be cracked but hey.

Eeeeeew….

steamcommunity.com/app/389730/discussions/0/1354868867707969038/?ctp=2
I'll just leave it here.

AKI is obviously A. King.

It's treasure battle in turbo mode, you fucktard. This isn't actually possible in a real match.

Why do they always do this?

Life is good sometimes

Stockholm syndrome.

How dare you play multiplayer in a pirated game. Pls tell me you didn't buy it.

Didn't buy what? Tekken? I didn't buy it because in a week I'll be playing it with my friends in my hometown FOR FREE anyways.

Harada please

Well good. I hope your brethren didn't spend any money on it as well.

AMK is usually used for Armor King

My local scene is basically 2 rooms with a bunch of consoles and PCs in a (formerly) abandoned building that the town repurposed into a "youth center". Me and a friend of mine from the neighbouring village managed to snag 2 rooms for our local fightan scene, before that we had to lug consoles around to the place of the guy whose parents weren't home that day.
All in all, since we're an offline community they probably waited for the cracked PC version, I doubt they could afford to buy even one copy of it because the town gives us barely enough money for maintenance.

Sounds comfy as shit. I want that in my life.

Move to Slavland. In my experience the majority of fightan scenes outside of larger cities are in "youth centers" like this which were set up by the local government and where a bunch of guys reserved a few rooms for fighting games.

Well, I have just read that the BALDMAN does work online with other cracked-copy players, the Steamcucks are so mad at that.

But I don't want to work 60 hours a week in a ditch and still be poor. I don't speak the language, either, but that's less of an obstacle.

Then again, Canuckistan will probably a culturally enriched wasteland in a decade so I'll probably have to move to a European country which has its shit together or try to get the Japanese to like me enough.

So this is happening "soon".

I'm not exactly seeing how they expect it to be played in tournaments. It's one of the things they said they'd do at launch.

Do you have a master's degree in a STEM field? Then you'll rake in the cash, especially if it's engineering-related.

Nice! I wonder if all those guys animating SFM could not do a game or help in one. I hope you can find the necessary professionals soon enough.

Indeed, you are not alone in that.

My copy of VF 4 Evolution arrived today. Time to get flucked by the AI!

I suppose I'll keep that in mind.

I really hope this has improved since the first trailer years ago. The animations and character models look pretty poor, frankly, but I suppose we'll see once gameplay footage exists.

Is there good resources for VF? I'd figure I should start practicing with VF4:Evo just in case that VF5:FS pc port actually does happen.

I'll be awaiting your arrival. Just, before you decide on a Slav country check their industry to see if it's more profitable to go into the automotive or firearms industry

virtuafighter.com/wiki/index/
It's a wiki for FS, but all the systems are almost the same (FS is a bit of an easier game mechanics-wise, but not by much).

thanks buddy

I was looking through my fightan folder and it occurs to me I don't have the [non-sequitur expressing desire for VF5 PC Port] image. Anyone have that handy?

The game have a very good tutorial, start with that. After doing that, get into the Quest mode, and be ready to one of the best AI in the genre.

virtuafighter.com/wiki/neko-dojo-2afc-approach/

virtuafighter.com/threads/5-steps-to-learning-virtua-fighter.15813/

virtuafighter.com/threads/virtua-fighter-is-easy-vf5fs-basics-for-new-players.20282/

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP5ovclebrn-m53Qzb2CBKVHBWhzR2IO2

Thanks as well.

I have that one In fact, I'm the user asking for the story, but there was another image where somebody cut out the non-sequitur at the end. Fuck it, I guess I'll just cap it myself.

See:

Fuck, I'm blind. Thanks.

oh wat da ya know the 500th person trying to play off a turbo video claiming its possible in a regular match. BRAVO user

Was there even any need for this? All I remember is that there was some autist who was collecting Shaq Fu copies to prevent the game from being lost to time.

projectlabyrinth.com/MadLibs/MadLib.php?mid=1366213250994

Oh well.

So do you think any fighting games will be announced at e3?

And to think people were praising Harada…

Probably MvsCI will be playable. We might have a tease from SNK too.
Besides that, some indies and that all IMO.

I dont know where all this love for vf5 came from.

Doa and tekken are better in their respective fields and cover what vf5 is good for.

Yes, Smash Switch.

What does Pokken DX need to do to win the FGC over?

The initial release got glossed over because people just went >nintendo, and then the EVO showing was terrible because the game was so new none of the characters but the zoners were explored at all. How does it recover from that? Can it? Is it pretty much just going to have to gain it's own separate community following the same way Smash did?

For those of you who don't play pokken or have never checked it out, what would it need to do to get your attention?

Would you all rather the game's playerbase and competitive scene die in a year or two from now? It's still active now on WiiU but that shit wouldn't last with the switch being out. At least with this the online will stay active at least for another 3-4 years even if the scene continues to dwindle.

You and every one who fell for this are retarded. Its a turbo battle in Treasure mode against AI. Its not possible to do this outside these Treasure mode vs AI battles.

I am objectively right though. You clearly do not even play fighting games. Tekken 7 is incredible. You only came to this thread in order to whine about Denuvo.

It'd need to be on a non nintendo console for me to care about it.

As a player, Pokken had several problems

And personally I'm fucking miffed that we got Decidueye instead of Incineroar, a second grappler would have been nice in a game where the only grappler is not only shit tier, but was worse at grappling than the fucking zoners. And then people only playing zoners killed interest because fullscreen zoner battles are SHIT to watch.

I think it's telling that of the 8 points you raised, only 2 of them are actual gameplay issues, and one of the two isn't even correct: pretty much any player who even moderately knows their shit in pokken say that it's extraordinary well balanced and every character is viable.

Looking at the major results, pretty much every character has won and appared in the top 8's of a major more then once: twitter.com/i/moments/827162464051666944

That being said, the setup thing is a legimate point even if it's not really an issue with the gameplay itself

Not anymore fam

Also, libre is as much a grappler as machamp

The majority of my points are not gameplay related but you'd be a fucking fool to believe gameplay is the only thing that lets a game win over the FGC. Look at SFV for shit gameplay but top money, or literally any attempt at a competitive Smash game and none of them even getting an eye bat when they're actually competitively focused with good gameplay, actual smash only being played because of muh nintendo characters.

Smash players make me fucking furious, god.

Eat shit, some match-ups are so stacked it's not even funny even when the rest are okay.

She is as much of a grappler as KOF's Vice is.

are there any setups for heihachi's rajin stance?

i tried watching a few tournaments to see what the ceiling of this game looked like and it looked like shadow mewtwo zoning people out for 15 minutes. i really wanted to like this game, it has my guy but watching people play it makes the whole thing look so unappealing.
they really should've just made a tekken clone with all fighting types

i wish we could use turbo manually. turbo tournaments would be amazing

Only reason I don't play this game is because it's not on PC, a shame because I have shitload of friends that like Pokemon. Hoping being able to emulate it one day

Well, I need a game to be appealing to me before I even think about trying to take it seriously and be competitive. So,
At least they added a fucking 2P mode on the same Switch. Might mess around when I get mine probably at the end of the year. The game will accept two Pro controllers, right?

This smash community amazes me. Also
Vice is considered a grappler but she's no Shermie or Clark. Vice capitalize more on anywhere juggles but I miss her "lightning legs" that Meitenkun have it in XIV.

How do I git gud with Eileen?
By the way, I'm one of the guys here always talking about KOF but my connection is subpar and I don't think people want to deal with hueland levels of lag. Also, I usually play at locals every other weekend.

Come on guys, I am waiting on that Tekken 7 gift.
[email protected]/* */

What are some good Battery characters I can slap into the middle position on my KoF XIV team?
My Points are usually; Mian, Ryo, Sylvie, Joe and Tung
My Anchors are usually; Ryo, Maxima, Tung, Dinosaur, Clark

I've been usually just slapping Antonov or a random Point/Anchor character into the middle position, but I get more out of my anchors with more bars. Especially Maxima. I'm up for any character except Vice, Vanessa, Nelson, Kula, Leona, Benimaru, K' and Iori

Any good fighting game sticks?

For battery, you just need someone who can hold their own without the need of meter and can build it easily. It's not a position thing as Point and Anchor are.
As for your question, Sylvie and Mian are great batteries but if you want more, Kensou, Kyo, Nakoruru, Angel, Robert, Billy are a few examples.

I figured that, I'm just looking for something that can get me the most meter going into my anchor.
Alright thanks, think I'll start practicing Billy since I use to use him in 98UM. If that doesn't work out I'll shuffle Sylvie or Mian off point.

Look up for ET recent matches. Sylvie also can do almost retarded damage with 4 bars. Sadly they "fixed" her "bug" where she could do her OTG SDM twice in a row. But that's not really what you're looking for as a battery

Oh, of course. I got confused and thought those were just your personal problems with the game competitively, my bad.That's what I get for browsing Holla Forums at 6am.

While this is absolutely true, Machamp vs Chandy is basically just a fucking bullet hell, that doesn't necessarily preclude bad balance overall, and in Pokken's case, it doesn't. Having 1 or 2 really bad matchups when otherwise you have almost all even ones with a few favourables doesn't really inherently mean your character is bad, it just means that they don't have as many good MU's as others and that's where the tiers that pokken has do come into play with machamp being closer to the bottom due to the higher amount of annoying MU's.

But he and other characters with those 1 or 2 really bad MU's are still very viable relative to bottom tier characters in other fighting games which you just rarely see past pools in majors at all. Again, see the results twitter link I posted.

Were you watching when the infinite was still in? About what time of year was this?

We don't know all the details of how the splitscreen/local play on one console will work yet, I certainly would fucking hope so.

I really don't think having a ton of fighting types just to have fighting types would be a good idea though: Most fighting game characters can already do the wierd, fantastical shit fighting type pokemon can, having it be mostly fighting types would sort of defeat the point, IMO

Jesus christ, this is like the worst thing you can say as a dev

Perhaps I should try sending an angry email in Japanese to Bandai about this gaijin being shit.

Fucks sake, right out of the gate he's exactly the same as ever with his bullshit.

I know he's just a whiny faggot but:

If he's genuinely lagged why does he put the videos up? Anyone facing gamebreaking lag would surely stop recording in the interests of not putting out a crappy vid but this faggot ploughs on and complains to no-one about how shit he is instead.

God I hate his voice more and more every time I hear him.

Yeah we noticed.

Doesn't he stream a lot too?

Injustice is better than this so I don't see why not.

Because they don't want their bosses seeing (or getting wind of) the shit that's thrown at them and instead just want the userbase to be quiet and suck cock.

There's a lot of them. If you want a stick don't half-ass it though, as most of the "budget" sticks are about the size of a postage stamp and made out of sub-par parts.

If you want something that works on PC you can go dealhunting on ebay for old Madcatz TE+ or TE2 sticks meant for other systems because just about any stick with a USB input will work for PC/

If you want something for PS3/360, you can also go dealhunting on ebay.

If you want something for PS4/Xbone, you'll have to pay a little more but the Hori Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai works for PC/PS3/PS4, and the Real Arcade Pro V Kai works for PC/360/Xbone

I'd stay away from the Razer sticks since they've failed on-air at actual tournaments and had to be replaced. I have no idea how good the new Qanba Drone and other sticks from Qanba are, but Qanba used to put out some pretty decent fightsticks.

REMINDER THAT YOU DON'T NEED A FIGHT STICK TO PLAY FIGHTING GAMES
PAD OR KEYBOARD WORKS FINE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DROP THE DOSH
DON'T LET PEOPLE BULLY YOU INTO DROPPING 150 USD ON SOMETHING THAT YOU MIGHT NOT EVEN LIKE IF YOU HAVEN'T TRIED IT

To elaborate on this, just use what is most comfortable to you. Personally, for most 2D fightans I use a stick, but for 3D fightans I use a pad, they just feel more comfortable to use because 2D games usually have motions which are more awkward for a pad even though I can even do pretzel motions consistently on a pad, don't ask me how I even gained that skill since I haven't tried to do pretzel motions on a pad until a month ago) and 3D fightans' double tap motions which are more common in them are easier for me to do on a pad, among other things.
If you never used a stick, I still recommend you at least try using it, but don't commit to it straight away, try to borrow one from a friend or something.

I dream of a day when the Persona fighting games will finally have all the melee grils beating the crap out of each other.

TAKE YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS ATLUS AND BRING THE FIRST TWO PERSONAS INTO THE FRAY!

I rather get a SMT fighter. I wanna main Space Marine

Well, you can make both work in the same game, in the end Persona still exists inside the SMT universe. It could also be one of the most creative and crazy fighters on the market.
But it would not be the same without Kaneko.

I'm not saying to add fighting mons for the sake of adding but the ones I gave as examples are ones that could add stuff to the game.
And then you have Pikachu doing Mishima's stuff. But if you want crazy shit, go crazy then. Have Hitmontop spining around the arena like a fucking beyblade doing capo stuff at the "tekken-like" phase, Breloom with spore/dynamic punch gimmicks, Haryiama reflecting projectiles with Honda hands, and Bewear with a bunch of grab strings.
I can understand having Charizard, Pikachu and Mewtwo in the game and Gardevoir, Braixen and even Chandelure looks interesting but stuff like Suicune, Dark Mewtwo and Pikachu in a silly costume when Hawlucha could fill this gimmick disappoints me and along with what looks like complicated/new stuff to learn doesn't compel me to get the game.

Isn't that last one have a motorcycle as a persona? How will that work in a P5A/U?

BECAUSE HE MAKES HIS CLICKS OFF BEING A RETARD

That's her Persona, she use fists and kicks during attacks.

I actually think Breloom would be a great addition: A lot of people want Hitmonchan and lee, but the only really interesting things about them that they could offer to pokken is boxing as a theme and stretchy limbs.

Breloom has both the stretchy limbs, the boxing, kicking, and spore moves.

SMT's casts from how they portray each character could make some cool movesets
>Demi Fiend is some fast ass grappler with not much in the way of zoning like the rest of the cast with a super just being having them in Nelson while using freikugel point blank. Pixie behind him and following him throughout the arena
There would be a lot more but I think I got the main ones that would be needed to be on the roster.

Problem with adding SMT into Arena would be you'd be adding characters who'd ignore the skill card mechanic so they'd be made shit to justify it or be busted.

Somebody post the most recent guilty gear personality indicators

He's just the CM