Graphics are worse than Shadow of Mordor's

How stupid are normalfags to be creaming themselves over this shit?

Where is the webm, faggot?

They don't have to be stupid, they just need an easier time having fun than you.

The video is nearly 2 hours long.

Never underestimate the stupidity of normalfags.

So? Git gud nigger

color me suprised. Not that this sort of game is anything hard, but most normalfags can't even manage to get this good at it.

Looks like more of the same to me. Which is all it needs to be for a run-of-the-mill asscreed clone banking on a huge name in medieval fantasy. Probably going to rent it one of these days.

OP, normalfags cream themselves over Call of Duty, Destiny and Ubisoft games. They have flooded the hobby and now we get this shit from Monolith instead of one of the countless FPS IPs they had, and Warner Bros still owns F.E.A.R and does nothing with it.

Kill yourself

I don't think I made it one minute into that video. The shit-his-pants waddle of the MC is pretty hilarious, though. I hope they keep that in 'til the game launches.

Oh yeah, normalfags hyped that shitty game.
Many of them outright bought it and some defended it.

AAA is dead

Remind you of something? (Webm related)

Well…

Eh, if it doesnt have Gollum randomly show up this time then i don't think it'll be much of a problem. Their idea for the mordor civil war is simple, the timeline the movie gives (and also vaguely the one in the books) means that sauron takes sixty years to make his move, so what was stopping him before that? They thought they could tell a story surrounding that.

Honestly other than the Gollum bits (how the fuck does he know celebrimbor, its not even like hes heard of him he seems to know him personally seriously what the fuck its never explained) the only lore rape bit in shadow of mordor was changing when the black gate fell. The other stuff is all reasonable within the setting, though obviously not supposed to be tolkein's original story.

Best case scenario, they let the original team redo part 3 from scratch, so the series can end how it was supposed to. But that ship has sailed, it would never be profitable.

Worst case scenario, they use the name for something that has nothing to do with the original, like nuPrey. So we better shut up and let them forget it exists.

love the mandatory gamur gurl playing it

How would FEAR online even work? A shitty VS mode only? I don't get it? Do you RP and everyone is psychic with ghosts all around? It makes no sense.

AAA games don't exist. It's just a marketing buzzword that mean they've put more money into the advertising budget than into the actual game.

The story is about Celebrimbor and forging a new ring to fight Sauron, unless that changed between the release of the last trailer and now.
If this doesn't end in the MCs getting completely and utterly wrecked or corrupted it will have assraped the central theme of Lord of the Rings as hard as it is conceptually possible to. It doesn't matter if there's technically nothing in Tolkien's writing that says Celebrimbor wouldn't be capable of this, it's a complete inversion of what the original story is about.

*Celebrimbor and Talion

How is this not assraping the lore in the worst way?

Everything about these words upsets me greatly.

a game has to be straight up nonfunctional for a normalfag to dislike it, since they don't play as many games their standards are lower. its not complicated, its just theres a lot of them and they like to spend money so the bar for games is a lot lower and has been for like 10 years now

Yeah that's what everyone means by AAA. When the marketing budget costs more than the game development. Also it's from a producer with multi billion dollar margins who can afford that type of publicity. AAA isn't a buzzword, it's to describe exactly what you're describing…

I guess I just am excited because they seem to be expanding a lot of the nemesis system and adding new things to it since we all said it was the main good thing about it. Thankfully with the addition of difficulty modes, might actually see it fully in action.

Also, for those worrying about combat being piss easy like the first game, A.) apparently a lot of footage shown is late game, aka when you get most of the "pound the angus of everything around you" stuff. And B.) with a hard mode coming, it likely means that Uruks will be slightly less retarded and won't be like that one webm I know that one faggot is going to post in here because he keeps doing it any time we ever try to discuss this gaem to derail it into shitposting/autism.

Still though, with how yuge the world is now, and the great amount of forts, strongholds, ect. to take over, along-side army autism and other shit like that, should be breddy gud.

After watching this demo i can't really tell whether these guys are playing, is it Horizon, A tomb Raider reboot, Doo Sex or maybe just a reskined Assasin's Creed? It's just the same shit on every game, they have turned them into little more than movies, people just want to turn on the TV and mash some fucking buttons and see something happen.

I just want everything to burn

I am not even a great fan of Tolkiens work and this pisses me off for some reason.

if any of you actually payed attention to their streams you would know they are showing a somewhat stable "old build" because of obvious reasons,
they say E3 version has been substantially improved

This reads like a viral marketers attempt to infiltrate cuckchan, what part of the boring grindy game called SOM could you have possibly enjoyed?

why is Holla Forums so pleb and underage?

It looked nice in some places and the whole rival system was a great idea. The actual game is an Assassin's Creed clone with very little charm or actually interesting content, sadly.

The best LOTR game is a mod for Warband, The Last Days of the Third Age. The MMO is the only other good ones unless you count fringe cases like GBA Two Towers

A few things strike out to me
-Why are people hard casting magic now? I mean generic orcs are necromancers now, I thought you had to be on par with Gandalf or Saruman to actually do that sort of shit.
-Arent dragons nearly extinct? What the fuck are those things hes flying around on then. They seem too disposable if they're so rare. I understand that there were probably still others when Gandalf mentioned stated that there was no dragon left that could melt the ring after Smaug got blown out.

I'll take downgraded graphics in exchange for more content any day of the week.
Look fine, combat even looks pretty well done
There's lots of new RPG mechanics, loot system, they expanded upon what was already there without upending the original system. Can't really complain.
Who fucking cares? It's a dumb spinoff action game set in the Lord of the Rings universe, it's not like Tolkien's books were getting expanded upon and need to retroactively fit the videogame in, and it isn't like they're pretending this is actually something to take seriously.

It looks like a fine game. All things considered, nemesis system will be fun to fuck around with for a bit. Taking over forts looks cool too.

The RTS one was good, and so was Return of the King even if it was a basic hack and slash game.

By RTS, I meant the second Battle for Middle Earth game.

you make compromises to make it actually enjoyable experience,
if you think design should be entirely around boardgame and book material(without any changes) you might as well stop making any adaptions,
its how you can use it in interactive environment

Huh, then maybe they should've just made it into a unique IP instead of tacking the LOTR license onto it and then introducing shit like wizard orcs. Wonder why they didn't? Is it because then people would see the game for the shitty Arkham/Ass Creed rip-off it is with a stupid gimmick that grows old half an hour into the game?

You're the reason games are shit now and you should feel bad.

MMO has a pretty neat way of telling the main story via "session play" instances. There's also Chicken Play where you go around Eriador as a level 1 chicken and completing all the related quests gives you a special cloak.

Because it makes more money.

Are you actually fucking retarded? None of the normalfags who play these games give a fuck that it's in Tolkien's universe. It's solely for brand recognition. It doesn't fucking matter, and people who give a fuck are laughably pathetic.

Whatever you say, champ.

There's a difference between making an enjoyable experience and lore raping a setting to death.

You can't rape lore any more than your childhood can be raped. Stop talking like reddit.

You're a normalfag yourself so kindly go back to reddit.

There's a difference between being interested in a fictional universe and being autistically upset when a spinoff to a fictional universe that's been around forever, that has no bearing on the writing of said universe, and is being made purely for the sake of entertainment.

you just have to accept that most people haven't read the silmarillion

Yeah, you can, by introducing a second Ring of Power. I'm not the greatest Tolkien fan and even I know that shit is a huge fucking NO.

And on top of that they smear a fresh fecal coating of Marxism on top with niggers and women in the army everywhere.

You're not making any kind of argument, you're just saying it's okay to shit all over established lore "for the sake of entertainment".

I guess it's okay to shovel any kind of Marxist shit into entertainment too, after all it's all in good fun, right? Why get upset about anything goy? Just sit back, relax and let Uncle Schlomo fuck you in the ass.

Like I said, you don't belong here, go back to reddit.

kek

Yeah, if you make something entertaining by shitting on the lore then go right ahead. Especially okay if that established lore is completely isolated from the adaptation in question. If someone told me they were writing a 'Lord of the Rings 2' and it had shit like Shadow of Mordor, then I'd be upset. But for a dumb action game that's come out decades after the original work? No, if it upsets you you might want to start taking your meds again.

I'll reserve judgement on that front until the game comes out.

You seem like the one who needs a hugbox, friend. That might be more your speed, not mine.

Okay.

Yeah, niggers and women are a huge part of LotR, sure. Thank you for further discrediting yourself.

I've read Lord of the Rings, I like the universe plenty. But I'm not going to shit bricks because a videogame isn't being faithful to the source material. Mostly because I'm not a fucking faggot pussy.

Jesus Christ, literally the anti-SJW SJW.

What a bunch of lazy faggots.

Funny how you leftists can only exist relatively to others.
Just look at Holla Forums and now this anti-SJW SJW meme I keep seeing.

if you dont go to the extreme youre fence sitting guise, accept my retarded worldview NOW! CIA NIGGER!

Pol is as much an echo chamber as tumblr is. Most of the people from pol are just as stubborn and dug in as an SJW, just with very different ideals. That said, this is Holla Forumsidya and this game looks like shit get mad at him for bad taste and lack of respect for source material not politics.

this guy gets it

Meanwhile in Venezuela…

proves pic one

proves pic two

I'll agree that it's an echo chamber and anything you say that isn't the hivemind will get you branded as a shill (especially if you say something unkind about the USA) but come on now, the anonymity prevents it from being anywhere close to tumblr's madness.

There is a difference between pushing your politics and being pissed about the game not being true to the source material.

Looks pretty cool. but then again, I'm not a spoiled millennial.

That ain't much of a problem….would more sudrons from the bay in the south rather then full on nigs but still

Actually watching lorefags getting booty bothered is quite hilarious.

Hahaha it's so ebin and funny when talentless hacks take gross liberties with good stories.

It IS funny.

If you want to cast fireball yes. If you want to heal a wound not muchelfs
Flying yes Smaug was the last one IIRC, but walking or worms in the north there were plenty

If anything, I'm worried that game is going to be stretched too thin and force me to casualize my playthrough through the shitty upgrade system.

ITT: Millenials ruining things just by existing.

It almost like they simply tried copying the run from the original game and didn't try to make it fit in. Also, is it just me or are the shills out on full force today?

or if there is I've never heard of it

turn based is trash

Introducing another ring wouldn't be that big a deal if the context was right. Having the hero use it to fight Sauron is where this goes completely off the rails. Sauron is not defeated by the strength of the mighty, he's defeated the hard work and courage of the humblest race in Middle-Earth–and even that is only enough to get the ring close enough for a miracle to occur.

I enjoyed Mordor for what it was, nu-Batman with a sword. The issue was that not just "levels" but the entire game was so bland. It wasn't fun to zip through the bleak vistas, and the slightly more lush second area felt just as bleak. Top it off with a QTE final boss, collectibles out the ass and a very short game where the key item being the Nemesis system failed to bring any depth to the game unlike hyped, and it was just a drab, narily worth a pirate, "experience".

It also suffered heavily from "have I played this before" syndrome which is every other AA/AAA title in the past ten years. Trying to remember which set piece of climbable rock or bush to "stealth" through was in which game is nigh impossible.

boycott immediately.