Do you guys know if an aggregator of completed fan translations exists?

Do you guys know if an aggregator of completed fan translations exists?

I've looked around and it doesn't seem like anybody has made one so I was thinking of scripting one from the ground up to get some practice.

Feel free to suggest worthwhile games that received fan translations.

Other urls found in this thread:

emuparadise.me/Complete_ROM_Sets_(Full_Sets_in_One_File)_ROMs/NES_Hacks_and_Translations_Pack/164887
emuparadise.me/Complete_ROM_Sets_(Full_Sets_in_One_File)_ROMs/SNES_Hacks_and_Translations_Pack/164888
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what is romhacking.net?

A website that looks like it was made 15 years ago that is flooded with non-curated content and thousands of terrible romhacks that have nothing to do with fan translations?

What IS romhacking.net, in this small, meaningless path we call a human life.

translations have their own category on the site

Were you going to make some javascript laden monstrosity instead?

romhacking.net/translations

Or, what is starmen.net
Stop fishing for (You)'s, and stop making shit threads. Reported

Yeah but there's a 69 page list of unrated translations that doesn't even try to make it good to navigate.
That's not an aggregator, that's just a thing where people can upload whatever they want.

I wanted to make something solely dedicated to it so that it wasn't hidden away in a small section of a giant website.

You're shifting goalposts, using dumb Bugs Bunny reaction pictures, and wanting to make a site with more focus on upvoting than plainly offering content.
Why did you come here?

Jesus fuck did I titillate your jewels?
I want to make something to make it easier for people to see what translations are good and worth to play rather than just throw them in a pile of trash and see if they figure it out.

Back when web design wasn't fucking shit? Great.
Can't say I'm surprised someone as gay as OP can't into categories
Because we should only allow romhacks you like.
I'd say kill yourself but actually keep talking. Your cancer is hilarious.

If you actually believe websites were at their most functional and best looking 15 years ago then you're a fucking retard

Are you telling me that one romhack of ghostbusters for the nes where they make the game feminist is good?
Cause that's hard to believe

What makes a translation "good" and who will be deciding what games meet that criteria?

If you actually believe websites are functional now you're a fucking retard. Websites are made to look good and promote shit, not to be function and quick to use. Some designs are specifically made to look good and easy to use for idiots but slower compared to things advanced users can use, like infinite scroll VS pages.

Nice cherrypicking you immense faggot.
I don't think only good romhacks should be allowed. I think everything should be allowed instead of filtering out what some idiot arbitrarily doesn't like. The presence of feminist propaganda on a romhack website can and should be easily ignored, but it shouldn't be censored. That's what feminists do.

Someone's touchy….

No matter how many times I read this, I still don't understand how changing a washtub into a bucket could change a slapstick gag from "Americans will never get this" to "funny".

If it's complete, if it's not full of memes, and if it's not completely broken.

I was hoping to have a thread where people suggested actually good translations so that it could be a joint effort, but I guess that's not doable here, so I honestly don't know.

user, an Aggregator is a website that specifically takes out all the pointless things (sprite switches, joke translations, whatever other trash romhacks produce) and just feeds you the essential.

That's all it does. I'm not deleting everything else from the internet, I'm just trying to make it easier to find something that is worth playing from something that a waste of space.

If you want to find your bad romhacks then you can use romhacking.net, since that already exists there's no need to make a site with the exact same purpose.

Also yes, websites are more functional now. They're more readable, they're faster and most of them manage to look good and be functional.

I think you're being fucked with, tbh.

Who said anything about making a new website like romhacking.net?
You specifically bitched about romhacking.net even existing and now you're backpedaling. Dumb fuck.

Nice way of dodging my points. I'll give you that they're more readable but they're certainly not more functional. They're slower to use and favor retard proof shit like infinite scrolling instead of the much more efficient paging system.

He fucked himself up.

You'd be surprised the idiocy that you find here when you rub some autist the wrong way.

I asked if something like what I wanted to make existed.
When I was told romhacking I pointed out how it was badly designed and was nothing like what I wanted to make.
Please, stop being a faggot.

Also your knowledge of the subject is incredibly limited. Not all websites use infinite scrolling.
What about Ajax, that allows the rest of the page to remain loaded while just pulling text from the server, which is a HUGE save on download sizes.
What about automatic complex colors, shapes, SVGs, round borders handled by code rather than by making images for everything?

You're an idiot, and you know nothing about this. Feel free to contribute about the subject or shut the fuck up.

This. Entire. Fucking. Thread.

You're pretty autistic if you think that's what you conveyed when you said this.

That's the faggotry I'm talking about. A rating system that organizes and filters out per community vote is a feature I agree would be nice but the rest of your complain was pretty stupid.

The irony.

Not all modern websites are well designed and not all old websites are crap. You're at fault for generalizing.

I worked on website development on a multinational for over a year.
Just to make this clear again:
Modern website design has made some advancements but also some setbacks. Websites nowadays are generally more readable but many of them are slower to use and make excessive use of scripts and slower but prettier effects like "smooth scrolling" and hiding categories in submenus of submenus.
Just saying "modern is better" or "15 year old websites are bad because they were made 15 years ago" are terrible fucking arguments. You could totally have AJAX being used on a website that aesthetically looks like an old website design, and vice versa.

I probably know more than you, but I don't need to state it to make my argument like a certain insecure idiot.
I'll repeat: your point was stupid. Not because all modern websites are bad, but because you state that modern is better just because it's modern.

niggers

No, of course not, it was what I was trying to convey when I made the fucking OP in you autistic fuck.

?????

You generalised first in .
I pointed out romhacking looks like it's 15 years old, which it is. Since the fucking website doesn't even have a search function that searched the databases and relies on GOOGLE SEARCH to find pages within it.
And I swear the last time I saw that was not during this decade.

Oh boy, here comes the web dev expert.
Please tell me more about how much you learned working in a multinational.

Bad websites are bad. And a website like romhacking is bad. It's full of text that is seeminlgy positioned at random in the page, menus are too small, search is broken, it has walls of text that strain the eyes and generally is horrible to navigate.
This is exactly how everything was 15 years ago.

If you wanna keep moving goalposts without even presenting any proof to support your claims then go right ahead, but don't be surprised when I call you a faggot.

lel

I'm not sifting through this shit

that doesn't tell me what's good and what's not

If that so badly go back to "community aggregate" sites like >>>/reddit/

oke

Holla Forums IS reddit.

Just use romhacking.net you fool. No one gives a fuck if the translations don't have ratings. Who cares what some idiot on the internet thinks anyway? There are dozens of sites out there that aggregate shit already.

b8 better

There isn't but there's a few pack you can download that have most of the essentials to at least get started.
emuparadise.me/Complete_ROM_Sets_(Full_Sets_in_One_File)_ROMs/NES_Hacks_and_Translations_Pack/164887
And then
emuparadise.me/Complete_ROM_Sets_(Full_Sets_in_One_File)_ROMs/SNES_Hacks_and_Translations_Pack/164888
These are nice cause their prepatched and they avoid sprite swaps.

Nigger there's an entire section labeled translations
Wow user it's almost like you're the faggot

nice thread OP
prime target for dubs

For more recent consoles (DS/3DS/PSP/Vita/Wii/Wii U), GBAtemp's forums are superior.

How many games have more than one fan translation? Doesn't matter if its good or not. If there is one, its all you're gonna get. So it doesn't matter.