/4xg/ "Still the best game around!" edition

I really don't like youtube fagging, but this is worth it….
CIV or Civ4, still the best 4x/civ alike game around, prove me wrong!
The main song alone is enough to close the case.
Still holds up for today standards, has working mp and works flawlessly through wine.

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/games/stellaris/addons/europeans
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

and btw, in face of the hype with the 4x space game, brought me back memories of this official spess mod

like, look at this for god sake, isn't it like a whole game on its own?
gonna run up a quick game to jog up my memory, see if its really good

Civ 4 is kinda ugly compared to the later games.

blasphemy, millennial trash

the sound of my nostalgic boner ejaculating

this is actually Planetfall, Alpha Centauri clone mod for Civ4, there is an optional pack with original audio, eg, original voice over….. gave me chills

For the love of god, OP tone down the cancer.

ohhh man…. I don't even know what to play anymore…
any great mods missing here?

Realism: Invictus was my personal favorite.

Obligatory FFH2 post.

Is this the "most overrated theme song ever" thread?

This.

Endless Space 2 is a fun game

except it sux

that's just yer opinion man

it makes everything complex for the sake of it. of course is bad, first blunder of Amplitude

but what if I like to autistically micromanage my economy

play Aurora X4 if you really want to feel autism. Don't come here with your shitty "SOFT" bs

You can't make me stop having fun with it :^)

honestly I felt that
ES2 Stellaris Distant Worlds
in terms of:
left most being aesthetics, but shallow gameyplay
right most having the most depth core mechanics but not easy on the eyes
and Stellaris in the middle, being balanced to both, and more likely to improve too

but have you seen
I mean, fug, this is plainly a modpack for civ4 but its pretty far out there,

Honorary mention, wish it had good mods.

Does Dominions 4 count as 4X? I mean, unlike most 4X games there's very little empire building beyond research and building forts and stuff. It's definitely got the exterminate part down though.

I'm retarded and posted a thumbnail.

never played dominions so I've got no clue, but feel free to talk about it
that demon looks like dancing, on third pic lol

yeah, damn just recently got to know this game and its pretty awesome, whish had something similar in concept but within Civ timeframe
and doesn't it really has good mods? at least I've heard about one overhaul mod as StarTrek universe within it, seems really fitting

download it now to try it up, my personal favorite was LoR: Legends of Revolutions
was the best integration with solo BtS too,
anyway, did they merge Rev with Realism Invictus?

This mod was so much better then those shitty games he made at stardock.

One of the best.

Its more of a wargame than a 4x. The only fantasy wargame that I am aware of actually.

It IS a mod, came bundled with Beyond the Sword, along with Rhye's and Fall (some kind of EU3 emulator) and a turn-based tactics mod

I know it is a mod, I posted it for fuk sake
I'm surprised and the lack of shock about that,

for fuck sake, it has many of the elements present in ES (except lore of course), and it actually features a rotating orbit animation on the planets,
all of that on fucking Civ4 engine
I have to record a quick webm of that,

18+ site, kiddo.

try again…

I actually played original AC on its time, it was awesome sure, but Planetfall clones it pretty well in a more advanced engine,
with the exception of unit design and terraforming, which I might add aren't the most important thing in game

I'm actually surprised there aren't more old fags, the objective was to piss on the newer Civ games and teach newfags the best game in the series

Maybe not, but what else is the most important thing to make it better than Civ 4 specifically? Lore aside, of course.

2nded.

You missed the SMAC thread where terraforming as a valid form of warfare was discussed.

disgusting

not sure what you mean, tech tree, progression, and every other core gameplay aspect
and lore yeah, heck yes, one of most amazing parts of AC was the freaky lore texts,

and just to be clear on something here, I'm not saying Civ 4 is better, I'm saying hat you can get your AC kick out of a Civ4 mod just as good
the mod features original voice over and everything pretty damn close to the original, there is no terraforming but there is environmental changes and whatnot, its just that you can't flatten a mountain

okay, here is quick video to preview this,
I mean, look at that, its fucking beautiful

Fuck Federations. They're just so god damn bad in this game, holy shit.

Meant 6 empire clusterfuck, including myself.

civ 5 is the worst game in the series

4 is probably still the best but 6 is better than 5, and 3, at the very least

only civ5 newbabies disagree

why didn't you join the federation?
and live long and prosper?

fuckwit newmenium fags,
my hope with this thread was to get some of them hooked up
civ6 is better, but something still seems really off, can't get enjoyment with it…
meanwhile finally settled for a long game of
damn mod is ssoooo comfy, I think I must be 1h and a half in and still stone age,
thing is I'm kinda relearning everything, and this mod is so goddamn polished, amazing soundtrack too

Only got an association offer before the wars were declared.

Fucking swarms man

isn't that the point?
you can't join federation during wars, and btw, how do you upgrade from association to full membership?

Point is I had a comfy three way defensive pact and the other two motherfuckers formed a federation and before I could get asked to join the federation, I had 3 empires swoop down on my ass.

Federation membership is a huge PITA with random as fuck and hidden bullshit preventing empires from joining. On the whole, federations are fucking awful and larger federations with many empires are even worse.

Sounds you are salty my man.

Sure, but federations are still really bad. They kill off all and any warfare related diplomacy, they make waging war a huge fucking PITA, they require a tradition tree that doesn't really give you much except the federation itself, they reduce your fleet capacity, they periodically give control of your federation fleets to the AI and they can sometimes give you huge opinion hits if there's an AI in the federation that decides to not like you. In multiplayer matches, I can see federations being really strong when corvette spam is fixed.

Yeah federation is like the thing being stronger than each one empire alone, the way I see it, they're strong as fuck, and also tighten relationships between their members, but the trade off (which was recently implemented it seems) that federations are hard as fuck to create and join with new members, and basically only democratic peaceful empires join them
I think before the requirement was to have at least a 3 ally block, which was kind easy
and honestly like even happened in your game, the AI seems to be more inclined in forming alliance blocks, like the three way protective pact you had, happened the same on my game, and I really like how it seems like natural friends ally against natural enemies
they only need to fix, so that when a federation is formed, all the block become members together

Sins of a Solar Empire with 75% off on Steam
thoughts on the game? from what I heard its good but mainly focused on war

good one

bumpa-roo

pirate and try

It does play more like a RTS. It's basically a real-time 4X with adjustable time speed.

Should be called 'Oogha Boogah'

I recently started a new game and spawned in the top left of the galaxy

Half a galaxy down,
(basically everything inside the purple lines in pic)

I then bait and shit on the Fallen Empire while it is already at war a couple of times to soften it up then carve it up with a couple of southern opportunist empires.

Slowly chewing through the rest now, subjugating their more volatile members and liberating a few dinky patches in other empires really screws them.

Damn shame of it all is I'm being a spiritualist egalitarian fag and can't purge undesirables, I WANT TO SO MUCH but that's for my Space Nazis save which I'll get back to after I fuck everything with The Shroud.

Oh yeah an elegant solution to the problem of troublesome Pops you can't purge yourself:

Your people will consider *them* to be genocidal monsters too so you get out smelling like roses.

I don't understand why people playing this game want so much to paint the map their colors…. you're really just a bunch racist bigots right?
why not form a transcendent mixed race empire and have sweet alien sex?

I can see his penis unfortunately

I do that, they're just all my slaves. Space elves are only good when they're on their knees and acting as "domestic" slaves. Plants and fungus people get purged while avians, reptiles and mammals get pumped and dumped into the salt mines.

Securing a future for our white human children always comes first.

You aren't doing space imperialism right user.

Does anybody have the mod that gets rid of blacks in your human empire that I could use for a pirated copy?

Never mind I found it here it is for anyone who wants it.
moddb.com/games/stellaris/addons/europeans

There is also a pretty good D&D community devoted to this universe and its lore. Im running a 5e campaign in it right now actually.
/tg/ i know but i still play this mod today even with its stacks of doom

What's the absolute largest ship a player can build, and how powerful are they?

I recall playing one 4X where there is no size limit, and you can build mega-ships that take 100 years to build and the entire resources of you stellar empire.

SMAC > Civ2 > Civ3 > Civ1 > Civ4 > Civ5 > C:BE > Civ6

Master of Orion 2 > Everything else

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

Like I said I'm egalitarian spacefag atm I just want them all under my power, their dinky federations can get consumed and like it.

You haven't played Civ6 yet, have you?

I had fun with it
until it started to chug uncontrollably around mid game

Well, that fun would have quickly gone away anyway.

It's so bad even Civ Fanatics has a hard time defending it.

was that DW perhaps, in that case you can fully designs your ships
the only limiter is the max size you can build

it's better than 5
though I admit i haven't tried to finish

bumpo for slow board

Anybody got any good recs?

So far i've only played endless space, star ruler 2, master of orion 2, and stellaris.

Get off my fucking board

It absolutely isn't and, which is even worse, probably won't ever be as "good". I suspect Firaxis will drop the matter after they shat out their prepared DLC like they did with BE.

it certainly is, 5 was an abomination, it was bad in concept
6 improved a lot in concept and even new features (bringing back and re branding some features from civ4),
its still bad but at least its concerning stuff that can be fixed/balanced
either way both of them will be utter trash because of shitty AI and mid/late game boredom