Alright Holla Forums

I'm sick of Skyrim. I'm really curious about investing in getting Morrowind, as it appears to address a lot of the complaints I have with Skyrim (Plus Morrowind's dripping with that sweet, sweet lore I crave so much).

Do you think it's worthwhile, and is there anything that I should be warned of before playing?

It's a shit game, but if you liked Skyrim, you might like it if you pretend with enough will that liking Morrowind will make you cool.

I would recommend reading books and playing games with good gameplay instead.

Yes. Play it without mods or expansions.

How's the android port of morrowwind going? last I checked there was only one guy working on it

If you're sick of Skyrim, you'll be sick of any other TES or Bethesda Fallout game. Play a different game altogether.

Morrowind is a First Person Role Playing Game
Oblivion is a First Person Action Role Playing Game
Skyrim is a First Person Action Game

Be aware of the difference; don't go into an RPG expecting an action game and don't come out whining about the hit-rate when you didn't even read the tooltips on the stats.

It is worth while. Morrowind is an RPG was Skyrim is an Action Game. Morrowind has it's flaws not as much as Oblivion or Skyrim has. Combat is getting used to be comes down to git gud.

Verily.

1. Magicka does not regenerate unless you rest, drink potions, or absorb enemy spells

2. Stamina is depleted by running (not sprinting, regular running) and directly affects your chances to hit stuff or successfully cast spells.

3. Trying to hit stuff with weapons you're not proficient with, trying to cast spells from a school you're not good in, or trying to do either while at low stamina means you won't hit shit.

4. Always have a scroll of Divine/Almvisi Intervention and potions of Restore Strength

5. Always have potions of cure disease and cure blight disease.

6. Max out your endurance stat as quickly as possible as it governs how many additional HP you get per level up.

7. Collect all Ash Statues in the game for a super secret bonus.

Quick question: Are there file packages of Oblowion and Skyrimjobs with "pre-installed" mods/overhauls? I could only find an already modded package of Morrowind which was install and play.
Going trough the hassle of installing hundreds of mods just to find out that nothing works is horrible.

Don't forget that there are a lot of caverns and houses where once you kill everyone inside, nothing respawns and items don't despawn, you can use these as a personal home which will be made easier to get to if you use the mark and recall spells. I recommend either Punammu or Mannammu, both of which are right outside of Pelegaid and a short distance from the Vivec Silt Strider. Might want to hold off on Mannammu if you plan on joining the Fighter's Guild, an NPC inside there is the target of a FG quest.

There is a general overhaul (MGO) that contains pretty nifty graphics updates, bug fixes, and various other comfort of life features.

Always preferred Daggerfall tbh. I just don't like Vvardenfell

I'll try searching for that, thank you.

I was thinking of getting that, but the purist in me is crying out for original graphics.

The purist in you had better not fucking want anything higher than 1024 x 768.

I think you can choose whether or not to install the graphical updates. Otherwise, you might as well just install the Morrowind Codepatch and call it a day.

Find a mod that delays the start of Tribunal until a point later in the main quest, otherwise enjoy your ninjas wrapped in valuable light armor that is slightly weaker than glass armor right as the very beginning.

Most of the lore in TES games is in the books
Its barely implemented in the game to the point of important NPCs literally telling you to read notes in the same room as him instead of actually talking to you.
Its fucking retarded. Just read the stories online. Morrowind has a completely stupid plotline in both the main game and the expansion that feels unfinished. The only good thing about the gameplay is how easy to break it is so you don't have to suffer through the tedious shit it has.
Play better games and stop wasting your time with this series.

I can't get into Morrowind. I don't like how slow your character moves. It's a pain to walk everywhere at such a slow rate and the combat is shit. It's probably the better game in Elder Scrolls, but that's not saying much.

There is a reason for this
The main map in morrowind is the smallest of all of the main TES games. With something like MGE you can see how compressed it is so to make it feel large the devs made your movement speed very slow. Even at 100 speed and with boots of blinding speed you cannot outrun certain enemies like Nix hounds.

Get speed attribute, get feather spell effects, get jump, get more jump and some slow fall, jump across the map in three hops. It's all a matter of how you play.

Probably just poorly worded, but you can outrun all enemies. The problem is that they chase you over insanely long distances; cliffracers in particular.

You can't outrun every enemy. There are certain mobs which have higher speed than you can ever get without exploiting shit. Nix Hounds are the perfect example of it.
You can't outrun Cliff Racers without boots of blinding speed even at 100 Speed.

A dwemer crossbow will make short work out of cliff racers.

OP here. noted.

I've seen plenty shitposts about how cliff racers are hellspawn given digital form.

Jesus, you sound like a fag. You'll with with other tesfags well.

Pro tip: A spell with Jump 50+ for one second and slow fall 0 for some 10-30 seconds will allow you to do great hops across the map. Slow fall at zero magnitude means you don't drop slower but still don't take fall damage.

But it is outdated as fuck.

Like this?

The reason that I would play Morrowind is to bug test OpenMW and speed up its development.

Yep, that's kinda the final form of it, before you break orbit.

Not only a liar, but an usurper too, huh?

There's already a Morrowind thread, see

FATIGUE affects every skill check.

STOP BUMPING THIS DUPLICATE THREAD, YOU NIGGERS

I tried out morrowind 2 weeks ago and I will say that its the best TES game there is.

You can break the game and come off like a god, you can throw hundreds of fireballs, jump over houses and mountains, be a walking AOE explosion, you can summon an ARMY of skeletons, as much as you want depending how many enchanted items you make.

OP Here.

You can stop posting now. I'll move to the other thread to shitpost some more.

final verdict: wait until a sale.

Delete your original post first.

Morrowing is a shit meme game. It's not that good.
You just have same rain-damaged faggots who love the bad design and glitches in MW and think the lore is super-deep because "it's, like a dream! Whoa man!"