Why

Other urls found in this thread:

lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/The_Last_Remnant_Wiki_-_The_Last_Remnant_Guide
lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/Mystic_Arts
youtube.com/watch?v=GVTxQvZ09IU
lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/Effect
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Welcome to the last remnant faggot.

This game was even worse than the Saga games. Which is saying something.

wow rip

Nah, it's stupid bullshit because

And I've tried different formations that have tons of defense, etc. It doesn't work

Try achieveing proficiency

Really helps to know what you are doing from the start. Specialize characters by disabling abilities and group mages together. You want to end up with 3 groups that can cast high level magic so it does blackout AOE on every enemy.
Weapons upgrade when you collect the ingredients for them, and collecting them counts for each character that needs that one. If you don't do low level ones you will be stuck with them while uselessly collecting higher and higher stuff.

Don't know why Jager would be a problem. Isn't that after opening the ton of optional areas?

why not just make an action game and stop wasting the player's time?

No I went in non-blind this time. I tried playing it on the 360 about 6 years ago on release and got stuck at Gates of Hell and missed like 90% of the sidequests. This time I did them all.

I actually just won, the problem was my guys kept getting wiped and I didn't have a dedicated healer pair to bring them back. Once the main soldiers were down, the fight was trivial

Wait until the last boss, OP. If you do all side-quests he is of a form where he has fucking insta-kill attacks that he just uses at random and fairly often. Insta-kill as in it just triggers the death flag, so even with a trainer he still kills you. You gotta hope for some good RNG and have some hardcore union set-ups to keep everyone alive long enough.

Is it worth fighting him before and after doing all the quests, and then doing a proper NG+ against White Conqueror?

Prioritize learning healing items on every character that gets them.

Wait, last thread someone said not to get item arts because they have shitty heals. Though I can see its useful because of revives.

Not everyone can learn it? I thought it was a basic skill for anyone if you tell them to learn it when they ask

I don't know that everyone can learn them. A lot can. They are fast and since so many characters have them, selecting it in battle has the whole group do something useful instead of just one healing mage. Say yes anytime a character asks if you want them to learn something, you can always disable the tree.

>Can grind for materials but I have no idea what to look for and characters don't always ask for shit (eg weapons) that I can craft

I keep telling you in the previous threads, you need S rank autism. It's the only way you can match wits with the greatest enemy in Last Remnant: the designer.

Really don't want to chain that much. Only place you do is one specific dungeon with cockroaches where it makes a boss appear. An enemy in the dungeon could have 3 groups in a battle, when you start multiplying that it gets out of hand pretty quick even with the easiest enemies.

The game keeps track of what skills you use, the more you use a type the more it levels up.

Others have said that you want to avoid fights but if you do, take as many into a chain as possible for better drops and low BR, which is what I did

I already finished Glenys quest as well

There's like a huge gap in my memory. I can't remember this game, period. I must have liked it since I have two fucking copies of it.

You could have been abducted, user.

What about A-rank autism? Is that good enough to finish the game?

You arent still trying to play this garbage?

Weebs really are hardcore gay masochists

I can tell you that our OP's certainly a really hardcore gay masochist :3c

It wasn't the mechanics that made me drop this game but the horrible, horrible main character.

Yeah for some reason his in-game version looks nothing like cover.

Somewhere, someone will defend such objectively bad design.

Consider the following: This thinking doesn't work.

but yeah it really does go against modern game design sense huh ~w~ OwO

Whatever the fuck do you mean?
You get rewarded for doing good and punished for doing bad in good video games.
You get rewarded for doing anything and punished for doing nothing in regular video games.
In Last Remnant you get punished because fuck you. This is plain bad game design.
I don't understand why people like or even play it, it's completely ass-backwards. Compare to dwarf fortress which also has absurd learning curve and is extremely punishing, but it still rewards you for doing good as all good video games.
Last Remnant is just shit.

>she's actually good, too
>pick him up later, too
>he's even better

I love this fucking game.

Did you even play it? The game really isn't that hard. Obtuse, yes, but not super difficult.

Having absurd learning curve and be extremely punishing doesn't equal hard. Yeah I played it 2 times. First blindly and second time with guides.
It was so anti-logical I didn't finish it both times.
I has great Ivalice-like setting at least, I give it that, but mechanically it's shit.

No, you need S-rank autism on the level of Autismo Kawazu, creator of the Saga games.

That's another thing.

If I make a union for say, physical attacking, I want a formation that benefits it. That's fine. But what about the units?

Should I take units with good stats, like physical attack and strength? Or should I look at their arts? What about their equipped items? What's the priority?

the UI never helps you with this

I found an old pic of the setup i used to 100% the game on hard mode.

Doing subquests isn't going to magically make you stronger, i told you last thread that you need to constantly upgrade your leader's weapons and skills.

This is not a game were you can just make a strategy and use it forever, if you want to see progress you have to actually learn the game and learn how to counter bosses.

Stop with this meme, you can grind as long as you are working towards upgrades.

The BR is just there to avoid you from overgrinding and steamrolling the game like in 99% RPG's.

Most people get royally fucked at this boss because they ignore Support units and only focus on DPS units expecting to just brute force the game like in most RPG's.

Balance is the key to progress smoothly through this game.

The whole gist to beat this negro is to bait him and his cockroach to lock into your tanky unions, then you use your DPS unions to circle him and ravage his anus from behind with attacks+psionics.

I think the only RNG part of this fight comes from the AOE but you will rarely see it if you keep their morale low.

The BR system is fine unless you are one of those faggots that can only beat games with overgrind cheese.

Check the wiki for their upgrade paths, they won't ask for items if the MC is going the same path to keep that in mind.

Just ignore him and pretend all the other leaders are the MC.

You fags really love to throw this meme around.

You only get punished when you try to cheese the game, if you play the game fairly you won't have any problems with the BR system.

Stat aren't as important as skill/role synergy and overall balance, some leaders perform better when paired with specific leaders due AI shenanigans.

Some examples are Hannah+Hinnah and Irina+Khyrnia having a strong AOE that triggers frequently when they are in a unit with enough "mana" to sustain them.

user legit question here, for someone who wants to get into this game but doesn't know what to believe in here, is there anything I could read to better understand the autism systems in it?

No unions died against Gates. I got off a lucky Blackout fairly early in the fight (like T2 or T3) and wiped off all the ghouls, then Cyclops and two unions tanked him and he only did like 600 damage or something sad with his exploding babies attack. I think maybe one union fell, but I immediately had a revive queued so it was fine.

I don't think I had anybody with basic Psionics at that point, so I couldn't do anything except have flashing red morale the whole fight against Jager. One union couldn't tank both of them, unfortunately, but I did a lot better when I was able to kill the soldier groups and heal up.

I want to say Emma/Emmy's love stat affected the frequency of heals. They have like Revitalize II or something, and Pagus has good heals as well. Like I didn't go out of my way to train them that way

lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/The_Last_Remnant_Wiki_-_The_Last_Remnant_Guide
The wiki can help you with most in-game mechanics and it also offers a spoiler free walk-through, just keep in mind that even with the wiki you will struggle due dev's top tier autism.

I definitively think TLR is worth the effort because it offers a unique experience that is probably never going to be replicated by CURRENT YEAR vidya.

Getting skills early is not that hard however before training skills you need to commit to what leaders are you going use most and in what role.

I don't want to completely spoil your jagger fight but i will tell you some things:
Cockroach is tankier than Jagger.
Cockroach AI's will prioritize protecting Jagger when flanked or finishing off weaker unions, it is possible for you to trigger one or the other action to make the fight easier.
Cockroach AOE is not just RNG, it has a trigger.
You can tank anything even early game with the right lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/Mystic_Arts
Grinding is only bad if you are not grinding strictly toward upgrades.
Shields are really fucking useful in this game.

Yeah most leaders have a preferred Class/Role and most of the times it's better to let them stick with it.

Leaders with Healing mystic art affinity should never leave that specialization because it's a complete bitch to make a good mystic art healer from scratch, most character can become decent item-based healers though.

Pagus excels at healing and nuking for some reason

Well I've gotten Jager dealt with, like I said.

Is there any damage calculators or detailed mechanic FAQs for the game? Like, FF12's damage formula was something like (STR*ATK)/(DEF/8) plus or minus a random value, and given the team I would think the mechanics might be similar, mathwise.

The thing I dislike the most is that units will only request items after fights. They never ask for it when Mr Diggs gets them, or when you buy them in a store, and you can't give them shit. And some components don't just drop from monsters, or are rare drops which is frustrating. Meanwhile, you could have a strong weapon that you can't use (eg Gigaspear) that they won't ask for

I've never seen a damage calculator but the ins and outs of most mechanics are in the wiki.

The drops needed for upgrades get even harder during the last 2 upgrades, that's why it's important to commit to certain leaders to avoid wasting time and effort grinding upgrades on characters you won't use much.

Oh yeah, and what do the different colors mean? Sometimes an item modifier like Godly Maul will be in blue, or another one might be in yellow or orange. Same with classes.

Item drops are linked to rarity, I suppose.

Okay, I think my biggest problem is damage. I managed to give the Gigaspear to Baulson finally, and his union can oneshot trash now. Other units are still struggling with damage, so if I focus on upgrades, I might be okay again. I still take a licking if I get caught by a bad group or two, though.

Another bullshit thing I need to figure out

It just feels so swingy

I played this game briefly, had NO clue what I was doing. Pretty much went like this:
I spent pretty much the whole time wondering why the fuck I was successful in the short time I played the game.

Oh yeah and how stingy should I be about my recipes, like Armlet Recipe 6 or Weapon Recipe 2, etc?

I see that some of them have multiple uses, while some are used only for one specific item

WELL THAT SIMPLIFIES THINGS

Just gotta hope he asks for it soon

Okay, so I'm BR44 right now. Baulson has the Gigaspear, which is an item that cannot be upgraded.

However, he wants Platinum Ore, Mystic Fiend Horn, and Glowfly. Does that mean that as soon as he gets those items, he'll immediately discard it and upgrade to an Elite's Harpoon?

Yes, if i remember right the gigaspear is just a generic placeholder weapon that he uses between main upgrades, check the wiki to be sure about what upgrade path are you taking.

Upgrades are tied to characters classes and playstyle so if you are fishing for specific weapons for them due special bonuses and arts you need to skill them up a certain way.

Not sure if it's just Baulson, but they streamlined the upgrade path across all 3 disciplines between versions, also seem to have removed the BR requirement

Good god this game keeps finding ways to pull bullshit out of its ass

>Overdrive

All I had left was my glass cannon bruiser union with 50% health and I just barely managed to pull through, I was almost having fun too

where can i upload a file? I was making a guide in the previous thread. but since i haven touched it in a while i might as well release as is

that is the insta-death effect, just start wearing resist death equipment, some characters like the dead girl are resistant too

for the last time, is not grinding if you are having trouble with the normal enemies.
you should also try to get in as many enemies as you can deal with and avoid fights that are not a threat even big in numbers, the only exception is that one quest and that is because of the way the enemies spawn there.

youtube.com/watch?v=GVTxQvZ09IU

Not even mad

that's cute
I remember seeing one in an user page but i can't find it, it wouldn't be very useful either, just check some of the bullshit you would need to account for
lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/Effect

actual spoiler fighting them all at once is the shit

The wiki is kind of hard to navigate. Like you have to go through a very specific chain of pages to find what you're looking for, sometimes.

I could have swore I saw something that said STR+DEF affected defense against attacks. It's pretty common for 2-3 stats to be used in damage calculations in Squarenix games.

This time I grabbed some shit I needed from Aveclyff and then got the Orb formation and first turn, Rush wanted to use Cyclops on Sneivan, so he tanked the boss and then it was just power attacks and Blackout spam to win. GG no re

Shit like this is why they made the game hard in the first place

I never played this game past a little bit because of the pawn system before, but
this is good news Holla Forums I can finally play this game from poor-is-stan and my pawn can level or something.

I've had lots of hard fights hinged around me using Blackout. Otherwise units die to fast and get stuck in healing chains until they die. Kind of their fault for making it so easily used.

What?

Well I'm done with this game.

V I D E O G A M E S