Peacewalker torture escape mission

Who the fuck designed this? I hope they lost their lost their job in the industry for good after the konami fiasco because this shit is just trashy and. It ruins the whole game for me knowing that somebody on the team thought that this was a good idea and everybody wn't around with it. Did they even hire playetesters? This is worse than the scene in MGS1 because it forces you to button mash wait 3 minutes and do so again with a BPM requirement that's almost above human reflexes and frequently breaks controllers. The fact that this game came out on handhelds first makes me wonder if they had some deal with sony to buy more hardware.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Horipad-FPS-Plus/dp/B0106XFCPI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Peace Walker is my least favorite game in this franchise.

Piss Walker

This whole game was trash.

Glad to see PW is getting the hate it deserves. Trash game that lead to Kojima ruining the simplicity of Big Boss' story.

If you actually had problems with this you must have braindamage or something.

The problem is laughing during the mashing sequence.

It's incredible how bad at games Holla Forums users are now.

Gross exaggerations: the post.

Are you playing on PPSSPP with the 60fps hack? You have to mash the button twice as quickly if you are.

Peace Walker was amazing, you fucks.

Why the fuck didn't MGSV have co-op, goddammit.

git fucking gud

Sounds to me like you're just bad.

The button mashing is ridiculous and the mindless idiots here have likely never played the game. The mission is shit, I don't know if something went wrong with the HD port or if it's supposed to easier when you play co-op but locking the rest of the game behind that mashing is terrible.

ever tried not being a baddie?

Here's the trick.

Don't mash with your thumb muscles.

Hold your thumb in place and move the controller with your arm.

That being said, while I hate missions like this one and the microwave tunnel in MGS5, the idea is to simulate that this game isn't a masturbatory fantasy where you kill guys like cawadooty and you're the hero.

It's to remind you that this shit involves suffering. Even in a small way.

get a turbo button you fucking pleb
and/or
play shumps
I fucking swear, If I was to make a game I will lock the ending to my fucking game with a huge button mashing sequence that lasts one whole minute and you have to mash at least 6 inputs per second, because I fucking hate casuals that can't into curling their finger and pressing with their thumb on top of it and using their forearm to mash hard or use their fucking wrists, I really fucking hate casual fucks

I remember that part, it took me two tries to get it right because I was so surprised the first time.
It wasn't that hard, the level is fairly simple and short too.

I pirated the PSP version, used saved transfer and was going to use PPSSPP (with turbo buttons) for that part. Never got around to beating it though.

And Holla Forums actually thinks it's better than your average casual.

Nice dubs thread

Iv finished Peacewalker a few times at this point, twice on PSP and once on PS3, and dont recall ever having a problem with this particular segment. The only one that annoyed me was getting the joke truck checks early on counted against your score in that particular mission, but you did it any way because kojima.

It was hard for me, I had my brother do it.

I agree fellow Brony! Brohoof! /)

Make Equestria Friendly Again! /)

*brohoofs*
:)

Peace Walker was God-tier and the plot was /comfy/ as fuck.

Just use half-presses retard.

Peace walker was a fine game, a bit lonely on singlerplayer though.

MGS4 was the steaming shitpile of the series with the worst gameplay, worst cinematics, worst pacing, shit characters, and more. Nothing felt right at all, i could feel that kojima fucking hated making it and the game was a fuck you to the series, konami and especially the fans.

MGS5 was a godsend after that trainwreck of a game.

It sucked but all you had to do was take a break after each segment so you're always at peak.
If you just marathon it you're guaranteed to have a bad time.

rolling

peace walker co-op is still the best thing in the series. Vehicle missions were shit but main gameplay was fucking amazing.

Peace Walker ain't shit compared to 1, 2, or 3. But it wasn't the beginning of the end like fucking 4 was. I really like button mashing and it's never been an issue for me, but I really don't think it should be a necessary obstacle to overcome in games because it just isn't possible for some people and it does not take any skill whatsoever. Your ability to button mash does not depend on your ability to play games.

I think all the Metal Gear games offer something unique and are all extremely good games in their own right.
Even 4 is really good.

Use a turbo controller, like the Hori FPS Pad

all button mashing is shit game design, including Yamazaki in KoFXIV

amazon.com/Horipad-FPS-Plus/dp/B0106XFCPI

Glad i played the game co-op, saved my friend from the mashing

Don't play God of War or Track and Field

OP can't git gud at vidya.

Seriously, what a disappointment.

Kill yourself

And don't forget fucking tara strong. Kaz was literally the only good character in the game.

Perhaps there was something wrong with my copy or my PSP but I never had a problem with this part. I don't even consider myself to be particularly good at video games.

Though I guess that says more about you.

Use the Minor Knuckle Shifting Technique™.

Is it still possible to play this game co-op? Me and a friend have recently been getting into MGS and we want to know if this is still a thing that could be done. We both have the game on our ps vitas

It's a very fun game to play co-op. We did PS3 + facetime for voice chat.

Vita (PSP) version has local onlny multiplayer.

It's easy.

But regardless, it's supposed to be torture, so I say that it should be physically painful to beat. It is MGS, after all.

Same game, but I assume it's a lot better on the PS3. I own a PSP, but I chose to play it on the Legacy Collection when I got a PS3 (2 or 3 years ago).

Overall, getting a PS3 is the better option. Better controls on Peace Walker and you get MGS4 (one of my favorite movies). I don't think MGS games should be played without an actual controller.

Christ it's not even as bad as the microwave hallway. Stop being such a fucking pussy.

A press is a press, you can't say it's only a half

Vita goys dumb AF

It's almost like getting tortured isn't fun.

All these people shitting on you OP but I felt the same way. I'm ass at button-mashing minigames. Having a forced one were you can't even give up or skip it is ass cancer and whoever comes up with the idea to put it in a game is a motherfucker. Button-mashing isn't even fucking fun and its always in these otherwise non-input-intensive games. Fucking Star Fox Adventures on Gamecube did this shit too. It's like the devs decided to put up a big ass barrier in the story saying "you're not allowed to continue until you google 'spoon trick'".

Thankfully this mission is co-op for some reason and I was paired up with some asian who shut off the power or some shit so I was able to get past it. The beauty of Peace Walker is you can skip essentially any mission you want by playing it "co-op", because you'd almost always be paired up with speedrunners.

Dude, use The Technique™