FFXIV General

FFXIV: Heavensward General
So funny jokes Edition

Try the game for free forever! (Only up to level 35) - ffxiv-freetrial.com/us/

Current Patch: 3.57
Patch Archives - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

Useful resources:
List of Commands (used for macros) - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/win/text_command/
Gamer Escape - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/
Garland Tools Database - garlandtools.org/db/
XIV Database - xivdb.com/
FF logs - fflogs.com/
ACT (but don't tell anyone you're using it) - advancedcombattracker.com/
Guildwork (current not working) - guildwork.com/client
Ariyala (gear build simulator, hunt tracker, relic light tracker) - ffxiv.ariyala.com/HuntTracker/Exodus
Mithrie's crafting guides - youtube.com/watch?v=ma5lzsYTA3I&index=4&list=PLbE_CU9Jt_uc0MAfIOY8JqtN5PyPO83Q5

1. If you're brand new, do Hall of the Novice. It's stupid and only teaches you common sense stuff, but you get a 30% exp boosting ring and free level 15 gear.
2. Do all of your Main Story Quests - REQUIRED TO GET TO HEAVENSWARD AREAS/JOBS, AND HEAVENSWARD STORY WILL BE REQUIRED FOR STORMBLOOD
3. Do all of your class quests and get yourself a job - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Jobs
4. Attune to Chocobo Porters, Aetherytes & Aether currents ASAP - it will save you a lot of time & effort
5. Unlock your challenge log, gives great exp and some gil - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Rising_to_the_Challenge
6. Do your daily roulettes - all of them are great until 60, except guildhests, which is great until around 40-50
6. Level crafting & gathering - free dosh (Cooking has an amazing crossclass skill at 37 you need to get.)
8. Hit Tab to [I seem to have misplaced my keyboard]

Get a FC, they give bonuses as long as the people in charge aren't retards
You cannot join a FC if you are currently on a free trial account

Data Center: Primal
Server: Exodus
Neo Wheels Order : An FC with players coming back for the expansion. Some newbies, many veterans, shitposting and complaining about baddies all around. Contact Aloise Nel'hah, Cydrin Lanbatal, Lia Heideman, or Shiaia Reingot for an invite. Applications are open as well, so if none are online just leave an application and you'll get in as soon as possible.

There is also a linkshell for all 8ch players on Exodus to congregate, so that people can communicate regardless of what FC they're in or if they're running the free trial. Contact Lyfon Yharnam, Quickscope Easybake, Aloise Nel'hah, Mhih Wilzuu, Cydrin Lanbatal, Aurora Soulwood, or Shiaia Reingot for an invite.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/325411-Consolidated-White-Mage-4.0-Feedback-Thread/page143
i.imgur.com/cZqf8gL.jpg
i.imgur.com/uvsAnxO.jpg
i.imgur.com/v1QrFxZ.png
twitter.com/Qojon_Dejon
gamerescape.com/2017/05/31/hands-on-with-final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood/
ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Main_Scenario_Quests
tylian.github.io/rdm/
imgur.com/a/sZajB
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

should i make a private 11 server?

hit me up, malvarose augsutics
im girl byw
:3c

you arent me im the real malva

Earthly Star looks pretty gud

I've been considering resubbing to pick up Stormblood, how worth it does it look?

Not very unless you really liked SCH, DRG, or AST.

drg is being made EVEN MORE SIMPLE somehow by removing the possibility of botd ever falling off, simplifying the gcd rotation even more, and making the new botd system so disgustingly straightforward.

yeah but at least it didn't get it's core skills removed like bard

My main is DRG so I suppose that's meh. Maybe it'll make it easier to be mobile, but then I haven't played in 1.5 years so I don't remember too much. I logged off in azys lla before doing the final story quest and lapsed my sub.

What'd they do to SCH? Also how's the new area look, is there flying? Will it be comfy?

it lost phlebotomize, which is arguably more "core" than flame arrow, unless im missing another skill they removed.

they absolutely gutted scholar's aoe while making astrologian even more broken.

Other question, saw that they're adding swimming. Maybe that'll cut down on the invisible walls? Will the game be fun and not just a linear theme park baka corkscrew parachute?

REMINDER

What have I missed and what's a good way of relearning everything again?

I'm never going to finish it

I don't get why you Plebbitiers keep coming to a place that hates you when you have one already

Did a whm piss in Yoshi's cereal or something?

Wew, I wonder how my healer is gonna take this. He mains whm.

You also have some pretty good bait here. Nevertheless,

YOU'RE A FUCKING WHITE MAGE

kind of glad i decided to go with SCH, i feel like i dodged a bullet

Basically all of the songs got completely reworked, they're now just self buffs with a incredibly minor party buff.

You don't belong on chans plebbitor. Pack your bags and fuck off.

Friendly Reminder WoW is better

Fuck you I'm not browsing your fucking leddit dump where you read all this dogshit, repost here or kill yourself NIGGER

back to reddit with you, tbh.

no chance pal

so is this game good?

Dragoon looks like it got turned into something bland as fuck to play. What should I level up real quick before SB? I was leaning to BLM or AST, but maybe something else might be exiting.

Truly your taste can be trusted brave consumer.

All the classes got dumbed down, so take your pick. MCH got a totally original and not existing just to justify a custom UI Heat Gauge mechanic so if you want to deal with that have fun.
BLM got dumbed down really hard, and AST did too with a full draw at 70 and not having to juggle cleric anymore

Here's your spoonfeeding. You can make your own webm though.

So does like WHM provide anything unique to the table, or are they just a bare bones nothing special healer now?

The devs have admitted they fucked up WHM and are compiling feedback on the official forums, so yeah. There you have it.

Now I feel bad for all the tards that pre-ordered this mess, this is going to be nothing but bullshit for several months and a very long list of patches

Tell me right now why haven't you switched to a job yet that's atleast looking good going into SB?

You don't want to have a bad time do you? Potentially missing some PF groups as well because people filter out your job.

Did mark become so lax that reddit is allowed to set up shop here?

Nah, I'd rather quit if I was still playing. They fucked my jobs up too much and made the combat retarded.

Mark does play this game, so no surprise

What's his char name? I need to bully a nigger

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/325411-Consolidated-White-Mage-4.0-Feedback-Thread/page143

official WHM feedback thread on the forums for those interested

Was fine until you hit the 'Warriors of Darkness still put on a bus', you inbred dimwit. They did not get put on a bus, they got shuttled out forever since they made peace with Hydaelyn.

No tank/healer is a mixed blessing/curse. On one hand, we will not have to deal with brand new 50s new "tank/healer" fucking up DF alongside red mages and samurais for few months. On the other hand, no incentive for players to try out tank/healer either, also no new tank/healer is always sad. Thus, DF will still be fucked.

For the RDM/SAM, I want to see how it will actually folds out before passing judgment as well as how the fights in SB will turn out to be or maybe (by very long stretch) justifies the changes. I would still have my ropes and my gallows reservation ready though.

Gentelmen, I give you the conclusion of my harrowing tale.

i.imgur.com/cZqf8gL.jpg

i.imgur.com/uvsAnxO.jpg

i.imgur.com/v1QrFxZ.png

you mentioned ass twice twice

Nigga what are you doing?

Sorry about that.

Be sure to check out my twitter at twitter.com/Qojon_Dejon

Safe travels, my dear friends :^)

I can't even feel pity

Oh, I almost forgot. A big thank you to for leaving your house accessible to the public.

No qojon. Thank you for entertaining us you mouth breathing retard. Looking forward to your future works you goddamn moron.

Truly the saviour this thread needs

You really should seek help.

You should watch yourself, my dear user. Hydaelyn's chosen people have a long reach.

checking those dubs of helping

on a more serious note, my thoughts on the WAR changes as a WAR since 2.0 and also as someone who has played the hell out of all of the tanks

neat idea overall. mechanically it works identical to Wrath/Abandon stacks, but with finer tuning enabled. 10 BG = 1 stack of W/A, and you gain 10 BG for each skill you use that would grant a stack of W/A (except new Storm's Path, which grants 20 BG instead of 10). prior to the changes, you needed 8 GCD's to get one Inner Beast or Fell Cleave without using any OGCD shit obviously and with the new changes, assuming you use the new SP combo, this number drops to 6. so for a DPSing WAR who is alternating between the two Storm combos, you'll be getting a Fell Cleave every two full combos instead of having to blow another 2 GCD's before FCing.

yeah, we lost out on the utility of the SP debuff. that hurts a lot, but i can understand why they did it. a 10% raid-wide damage reduction made at least one WAR a must-have, something that couldn't be said for DRK and PLD. and DRK with old Reprisal could stack another 10% on top of that for 2/3 of the time, making it really hard to justify bringing a PLD. so as much as i lament the loss of the SP damage debuff, the trade of - getting what amounts three stacks of W/A every time you use a full SP combo - makes it worthwhile.

lower boost to attack power (30% vs 50%) but with 1/3 less of the CD (60s vs 90s) and no pacify debuff makes it a slight overall nerf in damage gained with the trade off of no down time due to pacify. we get 90% attack power over 180s as opposed to 100% attack power with the old version, and a loss of 10% is nothing to sneeze at, but this might be made back with the addition of an extra 15s of GCD's to work with due to no pacification. that's at least another 6 GCd's, which is one more Fell Cleave on top of the potential 6 you could do whether or not lining things up to 6 back-to-back FC's is a good idea remains to be seen

we lost Foresight and gained Rampart, so that's a trade up. yeah it costs us a slot, but Foresight was basically useless anyway. Voke and Conv being X-class doesn't change much; we slotted them anyway. losing our stun only to have to grab another X-class skill to get it back is, imo, a stupid decision. realistically, voke/conv/rampart will be insta-locks as far as X-role stuff goes, and that doesn't really change what we do as WAR's. low blow may or may not be used in raiding, but it'll still maintain it's usefulness in 4-mans, so the challenge there is to remember to slot the damn thing in place of something like Reprisal.

speaking of which, Reprisal will probably be an insta-lock for raid content, since both tanks could stack it for 10s of -10% raid damage. timed right it could be good, since it will require knowing the fight as well as coordination with your other tank, and this increases the skill cap. sadly the 60s CD means you won't get many of those opportunities, and you can't guarantee other tanks will have the skill on their bar. i think of this one as a wash.

the rest seem to be very niche. i dont know any tank, much less a WAR, who has trouble with aoe threat, so Ultimatum goes into the trash. Awareness works for us with Raw Intuition still, so that might still be taken to cheese certain things. Anticipation is a nice tank CD rip Dark Dance for DRK's that will probably see a bit of raid use if nothing else. Interject looks like to be a pvp-only skill as far as i can tell unless drastic changes are made to how raids work and Shirk is the ultimate trolling tool. i'll probably run conv/rampart/voke + one audible + Shirk just so my nin buddy and i can fuck with BLM's.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOSHI GET OUT
at least Storm's Path healing got buffed
*RIP BloodBath + Overpower spam. your dulcet tones will be missed**

can't wait to go into Titan and punch him in the dick.

for what purpose? yeah, it'll mean that a slash debuff will ALWAYS be up when a WAR is in the group, but why shaft up-and-coming WAR's by holding the 20% damage until level 50? that's 32 levels of shit you need to get through, at least 20 of which will probably be spent in Defiance with a -25% damage debuff and no way to offset it.

oh. right. job jump potions. SE, you fucking kikes.

the other stuff for WAR seems to be rather fluffy, or just pvp-oriented, and i have no real feelings about them one way or the other. overall i give it a 7/10.

I leave for 4 months and the halfchan potato crossposter is STILL haunting these threads?
Holy shit.

Where are the cute [email protected]/* */ @ tbh?
[email protected]/* */ posting >>> potato posting

He is spectacularly autistic. It's fucking awesome.

Why did they remove skills that weren't redundant? Why did they make classes more generic with this cross-role shit? Why did they add two more DPS classes when the ratio was already fucked?

upvoting this

You forgot about the useless charge and no rage gain out of combat.

I want to slit your throat and watch your gack and have a seizure, blood pooling all over my hands and body, as I pull the fragile ligaments out of your neck your neck and tear out your veins. Showering myself with even more of your blood. I want to feel your pathetic, sad life vanish in front of me. I want to watch you die.

What a slog. I just want to get AST unlocked already.

bard still sorta has the songs, they're just role skills now.

really not a fan of the whole homogenization they're doing by taking skills away, renaming them as generic as possible, and giving them to the whole role.

I want to slit your throat and watch your gack and have a seizure, blood pooling all over my hands and body, as I pull the fragile ligaments out of your neck your neck and tear out your veins. Showering myself with even more of your blood. I want to feel your pathetic, sad life vanish in front of me. I want to watch you die.

HOLY SHIT IT. THE EDGE METHOD REALLY WORKS.

Anyone have the new skill tooltips in picture format? I could only find half the dps and tank ones

This is the only one I've got. Most of the other tooltips can be found in the Role Analysis section at the bottom of
gamerescape.com/2017/05/31/hands-on-with-final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood/

So is RDM shit or is it considered good based on what's been seen?

we'll have to wait until release to truly determine its dps. other than dps, it doesnt have much raid utility other than the role skills and instant rezzes without swiftcast

Even though they didn't get to play it for long, a lot of the people that got invited to that media event were saying that Rdm was having mana issues. I'm curious if that'll be true at launch or if SE has enough time to look into given that the playerbase is largely shitting down their throats due to some of the combat changes.

T-thanks Yoshi

bard changes actually look good though. class is a bit more complex with the new song rotation effects

yeah, but if I act happy about the changes in Stormblood, BRD will get fucked again in the 4.1 patch.

So by that logic, I should report you as well.

you forgot no internal release, so you lose 10% crit rate.

Because I'm already a BRD

so with the introduction of Red Mage, will Magic DPS be the meta again, or will it stay physical DPS with Samurai?

No foe's, so that's a dps loss.
No raging strikes so that's a dps loss for BLM.
SMN got a pretty large single target DPS increase, got fucked to hell and back on AoE.
Bard is pretty much useless for raid utility now (2% crit buff only), so they're not getting any help there.
Really it just comes down to how overpowered RDM/SAM are.

BRD gets a 3% for 20~ seconds vulnv up, and a party wide Direct Hit buff for mini crits.

Still basically nothing compared to what they used to have to do. They became a helping class with high dps into a selfish as shit class with high dps.
Song management too hard and now you have to cycle through all 3 in 80 seconds, but don't worry you have an ass party survivability on a 180 second CD.

Raid damage buffs in general have mostly been nerfed to shit except a few.

BRD Songs, are basically just stances now that give a passive party crit buff and allow them to do different things.

BRD Still has access to TP/MP regen and they are arguably better now than they were before, as they are oGCD cooldowns that last for 30 seconds with no penalty to the BRD (or MCH). And addition to their 180 part def buff they got a targeted mantra-esuqe skill, and a targeted physical resist up buff. If anything they have MORE support than they did before.

The issue being that now anything you'd really want a BRD for MCH can do now as all that shit's in the role pool.
Also yeah, nerfing raid wide DPS when the game is basically "just dps unless you're a shit player sometimes deal with mechanics" is a stupid as fuck move

Issue being that BRD filled a niche, and now it doesn't. It has survivability increases which are such a niche use given how every full party, dungeon, 24 man is designed that I really don't see casters becoming the meta.

I feel like MCH is getting the short end of the stick honestly. BRD got a lot of potency increases and support skills while MCH kind of got shafted.

MCH got their hyper charged nerfed to 5% of a specific damage type with a similar duration to how long a BRD can play foes for. So 5% either physical or magic VS 3% all damage. While BRD also gets a passive 2% crit for the whole party and a Direct Hit buff.

While MCH also loses raging strikes, hawks eye, bfb. But BRD loses less buffs. MCH also loses out on 5 seconds of Wildfire.

The MCH vs BRD DPS output looks like BRD could honestly win while also giving more party support. Will have to see how overheating factors into MCH overall damage increase to see if taking them for more individual DPS is worth it over more party support and party DPS buffs.

BRD lost 12% (I forget the exact number) from losing wanderer's, so you have to account for that.
Honestly every single stormblood change it looks like it's going to be shit.

Also you're misremebering what foe's does unless I read a mistranslation, it's 3% to damage dealt by the monster.

At the moment. Nothing to do now except for some people to speculate and bitch. Like many have said, see how things will actually turn out, and if it is shit, then go ahead.

Famitsu tooltips had Foe's at a 3% vuln up, not 3% damage reduction like in the NA build. Japanese media tour was also more recent the NA one, and people have spotted issues with several of the NA toolsips, like how the NA tooltip for flamethrower had it at 6 potency.

Ah that's hilarious, but exactly what I would expect from how bad everything revealed about stormblood is shaping up. WHERE DID THE BUDGET GO YOSHI.

Yes pretty bad show to have fucking translation errors this close to launch. And the overall "skill bloat reduction" and "combat overhaul" were just a fancy way of we are removing depth from the game to try to make it idiot proof.

Does anyone know why game time cards are sold out almost everywhere online?
I usually got them of eBay or "respectable resellers" for 18-20€, but now all I find are jacked up prices even higher than the Squenix Store or nothing at all

According to FUCKING GAMESTOP there's a shortage of the cards right now. I'm not too sure if that's accurate, given the source.

Well shit.
A mate of mine thought that it was due to squenix maybe redesigning the look of the cards before Stormblood, that could explain it.

Still sucks though. Gonna wait a day or two more to see if they get new cards

why is anyone preordering this? is this your first mmo and you have no idea how shit everything always is when an expansion launches?

fucking juicy.

Fun until you realize that 90% of armor overrides your bust size, gives you a racial default, and totally invalidates your choice.

people shit on slutglams but honestly i think a major reason for them is that most slutglam gear actually preserves your character dimensions better than pretty much all other gear. skimpy outfits are just a bonus.

Why?

Patches will fix it :^), it's just an old build, user. :^)

idk fam, I looked through the site with all the class changes and I'm not sure those are correct.

so cure 2 is now a 100% chance to grant a lily. which isn't as bad as it used to be, and there are more changes we don't know about but, at least this shit has been looked into?

still in development, subject to change and what not

call it naive optimism, but maybe things won't be as bad as they seem.

Looks like you accidentally forgot to the put one of the guilds in the OP.

Data Center: Primal
Server: Exodus
: An FC with new and older players, running all content from newbie dungeons to current raid progression. There will be banter; you will be called names. PM Aurora Soulwood, Rab Bit, Claws Furalarm, or any other officer for an invite.

oh boy here we go again

I think it might have just been removed from the OP cuz it's a dead fucking guild.

Oh yeah you're right. I forgot all those guys played WHM.

inb4 instead of changing whm they change the instances and give everything a shitload of tankbusters like its fucking tf2 crits

I'm a bit confused here. So the Maelstrom Hunt Billmaster sells Storm Elite's Scale Mail for 1000 Allied Seals, and it has 153 Defense and Magic Defense and an array of stat buffs. But for 40 he also sells the Weathered Noct Lorica, which has 160 Defense and Magic defense and a better array of stat buffs. Is this purely because of cosmetics or am I missing something here?

Oh, and the Noct Lorica is Item Level 100, while the Storm Elite is Item Level 70. Just more confusion on that fire.

That stuff was formerly endgame dungeon drops/stuff you'd trade now defunct currencies for. Yes, the main point nowadays is for glamour, since you can get stronger gear with next to zero effort.

Culinarian is pretty fun

Speaking of, is there much point at all for Poetics anymore? I'm just not sure if I should put any effort into getting Poetics beyond what I'd get just for doing the dungeons/quests normally.

Poetics was made into the official "currency for anything that isn't current expac" tomestone. Apparently come SB everything that currently costs lore and scripture is going to cost poetics instead.

If you're leveling, don't grind tomes. Just spend them as you get them and the rest of the gear you'll get naturally as you go through dungeons.

is correct, plus if you plan on playing either of the new jobs you can get Ironworks monk/caster gear now and save up poetics for the weapons.

is there some secret leveling technique that doesnt involve potd or dungeons? getting real fuckin sick of spamming this trash content to level up.
I miss fates

jump potion

haha i only wish i was kidding.

but seriously, potd/dungeons is still top right now. dungeons moreso if you're a tank, since Q's go fast, but potd is probably the bext xp/hr right now unless you get a solid FATE group together. but that requires flight capability in HW, since FATE's don't really hold a candle to potd until you get to the mid 30's

best i think i did back in the heyday of FATE groups pre-potd was going from the a low 30's AST to level 40 in about 3 hours of FATEing around camp dragonhead. the Svara chain is great xp for the time it takes to do, assuming you have an actual group of 6+ people with a tank and healer of course. the rest of the FATE's as long as you don't get a bunch of far away or bullshit high 40's stuff, is arguably better than potd in terms of xp/min, but it's much more RNG based, so you're still better off sticking with potd.

at least you can get hoard loot in potd. FATE's are really only good for people farming GC seals or for people who are leveling/questing in a zone and do the FATE's as an incidental boost while they do other stuff. i imagine you'll see more FATE action in 60+ zones once SB drops, but i also get the feeling the first few weeks will also have potd chock full of RDM and SAM trying to get to 60 ASAP.

in other words, get that leveling done now before you're crushed under a tidal wave of new-dps shitters.

do people even do fates in the heavensward zones? im at 54

ive seen plenty doing FATE's on levi, but they all seemed to be leveling and/or part of an anima crystal farming party. im sure if you put up a PF saying something like "tired of potd? let's FATE!" or what not and you'd probably get a few responses, if only for a change in the monotony.

iirc 54 puts you around the forelands/churning mists area. FATE's in CM kinda suck because it's a more flight-friendly zone, and you won't have all the currents yet unless you've already leveled through there. the forelands are pretty good for FATE's, since you can often times do them while you do Vath stuff. just avoid special tarrasque force.

i should say leveling their first time through the zone.

Cook all of the potatoes tbh

.>>12716537

It's too be expected. mmos tend to attract a ton of cuckolds. I'm not saying everyone who plays mmos is like that, but there are quite a few people with some sort of Stockholm syndrome towards the devs. I used to see it a lot in the early days of swtor and I see it a lot in ff14. I also remember when an old fc mate tried to convince me that the hw holy and flare nerfs were good things and aoes were bad, because they didn't let you use your st rotations as often. That dumb nigger eventually pulled some shit and left.

They were pretty shitty in general. North Thanalan was the place to be for the longest time until SE decided to buff the HW fates. The major issue with them and why they're generally shit in comparison to old nt is that the gap between fates is huge. I'm primarily talking about distance in game. NT fates were fast and they were close, so you could easily get to them and chain them together. HW fates were designed with flying in mind, which means there's a ton of down time inbetween them in which you afk while your mount runs in the general direction.

The scaling of hw fates was pretty fucked up at times. After a while, you would end up with fates that were super buffed due to the stacking difficulty they get.This would really slow down your completion time. Also, it was easier to keep the fate train on track in nt in comparison to any of the hw fate areas, because of how close they were and because everyone had to follow similar paths.

I wouldn't touch hw fates at all until you unlock flight in the zone first.

catboys aren't gay right?

Slutglams are degenerate. It is the quickest way you can identify someone as a lonely male.

Why can't those rats go down and die with the ship.

Values will change before release. The build they were using was from April. Outside of WHM most complaints can be fixed with upping a potency or two. WHM needs a total rework on this lily shit and won't be fixed until 4.1 at least.

I just wanted to have my character be more than a number treadmill god damn it

This weeb expansion must really be upsetting the retards that bought Legion.

Fuck this shit. There goes what little hope I had in the western servers. How difficult is it to play in the jp servers if my grasp on the language isn't 100%?

Fucking christ, if people think PS3 LIMITATIONS was bad…

Thanks, user. Makes that easy to ignore.

I just hit 45, should I be doing Palace of the Dead? I only skimmed the wiki page on it, it looks hella complicated, I was ready to ignore it.

No you should be doing dungeons and actually learning to play your class instead of becoming one of the palace of the dead shitters.

Fair point, I could still use some more polish as a Paladin. I just did Darkhold last night, that shit was complicated. Actually died a couple of times, which is a first. Thankfully the team I was with was really patient with me.

Is there any level 60+ only gear, or is everything unlocked once you hit 50? Seems like a hell of a boost waiting to happen once you're there.

Yeah there is but it takes almost as much time to get through HW as it does ARR so the boost seems gradual.

check these dubs

no

Go read a guide you dumb nog. You aren't going to learn shit in-game unless you go look for help.

Go read a PLD guide. It'll change soon, but it will at least show you the basics, so you aren't shitting up dungeons.

I already know the basics, it was just that Darkhold threw safe zones, bosses outside their arenas spamming AOEs, enemies with absurd clustering requiring very careful pulls and retreats, exploding crystals, gates that required you to stand in one spot to unlock them (some of which were in the explosion radius of said crystals), and a boss that required jumping from safe zone to safe zone all at once. I didn't even die on the boss, just on the mobs after the first gate in the third zone - literally the last pack before the boss, IIRC.

PLD is the easiest job in an already easy game.
Just uninstall before you get too invested.

k

He's not wrong. The hardest part in that place is if you grow a pair and pull the mobs all the way to the end of the hallway and tank in the corner. The only way I can think of you dying there is if you lost aggro, have garbage gear, or not how to use cooldowns.

So how long does it take to finish the main quest till the expac release?

At 58, forgot which part of the main quest I'm at. Want to resub but short on funds.

Hah, fucking poorfag.

Just wait until SB comes out and buy a scenario skipping potion. :^)

binge drinking does that to you.

No wonder you can't even grasp pld, kek.

what? I played a blm

He thought you were me. How, I'm not sure.

Guys, is DRK ruined? Darkside change pisses me off the most.

Mostly because i'm bouncing between the game and this thread not paying too much attention to the IDs.
My statement stands though. Those that get shitfaced tend to play like garbage.

Nah, I'm using all nazi era super secret project computers, connect via Fuhrernet , eat surplus iron rations, and only breathe the canned air of freshly unsealed bunkers imported from Berlin.

I wonder who was behind (((WW2)))?

Well, obviously. Those interested in playing well don't tend to actively impair themselves, and those who willingly imbibe and play don't usually care about capability.

Turn on colored IDs in the options, it makes it much easier to track.

Fuck, I might as well use them to avoid further embarrassment on an anonymous image board.
It still sort of pisses me off that there is a screencap button now. What's wrong with the fucking paint.exe?

>ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Main_Scenario_Quests
Go read that and see how much you think you have left.

Just read a guide. You're a tank, so going in blind isn't going to fly when you wipe the group. At the very least, go read up on the dungeons and their basic mechanics. Most of them are easy, so keep an eye out for anything that isn't tank and spank. My general suggestion for new players is to go in as dps first. Very little is expected of you and you can generally afford to go in blind, because the odds are pretty good that the other dps will know what to do. This will let you smell the roses and get accustomed to the game's mechanics without necessarily wiping the group. Tanks require a lot more preparation in comparison.

The game isn't hard, so it isn't that much more. However, there are also a lot of one-shot mechanics in ff14.

Admittedly, that works for the first ~5 dungeons because the extra mechanics are nonexistent or non-punishing, like needing to gather magitech cells or keys or burst powder. I will start reading guides ahead of time to make sure I understand everything, thanks for the advice.

Pre 50 shit is not too bad outside of one or two mechanics. If you are doing shit like the vault for the first time without reading a guide, i'll mentally lose my shit if they keep killing the party during the fight with the darkness clouds phase of the second or third fight.

tbh needing to read a guide before doing content for the first time and having any hope of clearing is fucking gay design, mechanics should be intuitive, not obtuse
also if you need a guide for anything easier than EX Primals or Savage you're doing it wrong

They normally are intuitive enough but people don't want to spend 10 min explaining the fight or wiping to a dungeon everyone has done 50 times. I usually don't care unless it is extreme or higher

I think it is mostly for learning your role as opposed to class because potd is actually not that bad for learning your class but absolute shit for roles especially tanks.

ill be honest, i haven't been keeping up with them. give me the long and the short of it; what are they doing to darkside?

for 8-man shit that's been out for awhile, sure. but for 4-man crap? nah, part of the fun is the experience. if a player is getting salty over a DD or AV run because of shitters not learning, then the salty player is the problem. DD and AV are where shitters go to die anyway. if someone cant hack it there, then the rest of the game will ream their asshole endlessly until they leave or die of asscancer.

did some sephex, nidex and thorex a few days ago with friends. we had to PF 3 dps, and for the first few runs of each of these we always had at least one nin who must have been a drg refugee for all the floor tanking they ended up doing. we finally just up and limited the dps slots to anything besides nin and proceeded to clear each one several times with no problems. did nin suddenly become the domain of shitters?

How do these people manage to be this awful?

WoW rapefugees, their clearest tell is that they think autoattack means something like it does in WeW

autoattack is a significant portion of melee dps though

Jesus. Last boss in Keeper of The Lake was fun though.

And he managed to fuck his post up three times too.

Not significant enough to warrant just slapping shit without a single key press, like Wowfags are used to

What did you expect from an autist who links to threads on his roleplaying twitter?

With how prevalent damage meters are in WoW, anyone just auto-attacking in a group would just get called out for it then kicked.

All this time I thought this faggot was just a really dedicated shitposting autist, then it turns out he's actually brain damaged

I'm going to assume you haven't played the latest WoW expansions wise decision, I still regret subbing for even one month to that horseshit

I did and you are still wrong. Wowfugees is a meme. Retards arent exclusive to mmo that you dont like.

I haven't, so if that really is how bad party finding is in modern WoW then holy shit.

You are either blind, retarded, a wowfugee playing dumb or all of the aboive

Technically none of the FCs are supposed to be in the OP because it did nothing but fuel some of the most autistic shitwars in recent history. At least that's how it was supposed to be until the discord faggots sucked enough dick to have that changed.

ffxiv's playerbase is on average more fucking retarded than wow purely due to it being on ps4

And you are pretty upset for little reason. There are many people pointed out that you are assuming too much. And please tell me how do you "spam autoattacks" too.

Tbh I agree with this. The amount of people failing to do simple shit in easy mode content still amazes me. The amount of retards who play FFXIV is astonishing and the GMs protecting them from any criticism because it's "bullying" doesn't help.

Damn, if only y'all were on Ultros. I don't wanna move my character.

NEVER play with an imageboard community
NEVER

(checked)
They've increased the damage buff from 15% to 20%, while also adding into the tooltip "MP regeneration stops during battle", meaning one of two things:

If the former, then that doesn't really make too much of a difference other than encouraging smarter play, if the latter then DRK is going to suck quite badly. They've also halved Unleash's potency (100 to 50), changed Delirium to a 2 minute cooldown that extends the effects of your MP recovery abilities while also giving back MP meaning you no longer have an INT down debuff, made it so that Blood Price requires Grit to be used as to prevent both it and Blood Weapon from being active simultaneously to give back tons of MP and have given Syphon Strike a Dark Arts effect for some reason, probably to punish using Dark Arts earlier than needed as to not waste mana along with other minor changes which aren't really worth mentioning. Personally I don't think this will ruin DRK, as the mechanics haven't been fucked with too much and the new abilities look interesting enough The Blackest Night especially, a 15 second cooldown shield on either yourself or a party member for 20% or 10% of your HP respectively the same MP cost as Dark Arts, but only if that Darkside change doesn't affect MP recovery from Syphon Strike.

it sounds like the first tbh. the second would destroy what it means to be DRK, turning darkside into what amounts to a DPS cooldown you use right before you DA something, then turn off either immediately, or at the end of your current combo if you used DA on a oGCD skill.

then again, this is the same team that thought the first implementation of lilies was a good idea. also then again, it's yoshi, who more or less dragged this game back from the dead and turned it into the popular fun thing it is today.

early access will be an interesting day. i imagine the number of forum posts to be quite high. i wouldn't be surprised if they crash the damn servers tbh.

just got my first flying zone in HW
why did they make this so much fucking work

When's a good time to start looking for a 4.0 static?

I think that was it. I just did the Paladin 45 quest to get the gallant armors and I think my defense literally more than doubled.

From the articles, I read, it's the first BUT Darkside no longer automatically drains MP. You have to manage the MP costs of your abilities with no natural regen but no constant drain either.

Is there any proof you can dual-cast a revive along with a following swift casted one as a RDM? Or is it attack spells only?

it's not that hard

It isn't hard but it's fucking annoying and time-consuming they should have just attached it to an MSQ in the zone.

this guy

most of my guild mates and everyone else left ultros, and i usually play at odd hours so i never play during prime time so i ended up moving to gligamesh been better for clearing content on my end

When you actually have a 70 you like, I'd say. You might not like your current, or planned, main. So you join a static looking for a say, ranged physical DPS, but you hate Stormblood Bard & Machinist. Then what? You force yourself through the job for your static? You drop them a couple days before/into the raid tier?

yeah there was a video at one of the media meets.

My shame knows no bounds.

not posting something informative

here is sam

Terrible idea, you knobhead. Because it will make players buy into 'muh e-peen', 'muh world top deeps', 'muh speedrun' memes like how faggots and elitist assholes ruined WoW in the first place instead of having fun. Yeah shitters should not be tolerated, but going way too hardcore is not exactly good either.

What they need is actual support for add-ons so the community can do their thing.

I hope you realize that this is already a thing and what you're complaining about is now pointless.

people already do that you faggot
min max or get out

Whatever you say faggot, but I bet your just want to live in denial of being one of those 700 DPS shitters I get in EX roulette almost every fucking day.

Learn some grammar, idiot. Cleared A12S with nip guild, we don't have to be anal and meta and world first about everything. Just coordination, teamwork, common decency and have fun. Those are something you may quite lack in your life.

Post logs bruh.

Technically it was only that way for a brief period until Mark found out he was being lied to by Dave and Titchy and uncucked the threads, but I guess you faggots are still pissy that you spent over 1000$ in server transfers to Gilgamesh only for Dave to immediately get banned like a retard and drop the game to go back to GW2 on cuck/v/, but let's continue trying revisionism eh?

This has been and always will be a thing, and all cockblocking an official in-game parser does is prevent the average player from getting feedback on how well they're actually performing. There is literally no downside to implementing an in-game parser.

There's a difference between "anal and meta and world first about everything" and "dude you're doing 450dps in Dun Scaith maybe you should practice your rotation". Without an in-game parser they'd have no clue they're doing that poorly and even attempting to let them know is a bannable offense because of YoshiP's retarded policies.

Sam is looking really fun, can't wait to play one so I can catch up on my backlog while waiting days for my queues to pop.

I get your point. I just tanked through Darkhold with a Dragoon who does not use Heavy Thrust, Phle, or Disembowel at all. Just 1>2>3 thrusts and it is painfully obvious even without the meter that he does not do his job well. Probably a PotD new grad. I told him many times how to play properly and no replies or fucks were given from that ass. I hate pleb-tier shitters as much as you do, but I also do not want this game to go off deep end.

WHY IS SAM SO OP?

Because NIHON STEEL FOLDED OVER 1 MILLION TIMES.

Gotta make the weeaboo Jobs OP when they are first released because Japan is the best, see NIN for a previous example.

Sauce?

Refresh my memory; don't they already do that in a few zones?

There is like 6 per zone that are tied to quests. The last zone is all story though.

lakshmi is my primalfu

FULL
BODY
PAIZURU
SERVICE

HOLY SHIT WHAT A CUNT

For the true end game: glamours!

not my y'shtola!

lakshmi a cute

pic related
I'm not even going to address the rest of your response because it's both not applicable to me whatsoever and it's yet another attempts to stir up the shitwars again. Why do you faggots keep bringing that shit up every time someone says anything you don't agree with? And you say it's the other people that are pissy? Fuck off with that shit.

things happened for a reason user. whats the point of having a general if everyone fucks off to wherever they want. be reasonable

yes, it *is* useless, and people who engage in it need to kill themselves. generals are for talking about the fucking game, not the drama retards create when they act retarded.

for fucks sake, the official trailer just dropped today. there's evidence of y'shtola getting btfo, blood on her face and everything. we could be speculating on that or making porn of lakshmi but no, retards would rather continue to shitfling at one another like a bunch of online pavement apes hootin' and hollerin' about bix nood.

at least the fucking potato posts shit that's relevant to FF14. think about that for a second user; you and your ilk are worse than a fucking potato poster.

but user
only post about fc shitflinging i see below the trailer is yours. you started it for no reason. these threads exist because of this fc.
kill yourself

I sure hope you're not implying that only people from the same server or player groups should be posting in the general threads here. Because that's beyond fucking retarded.

Please be satire.

Wowtards have been utter cancer for every mmo they flock to over the past decade. They're easy to spot and generally super retarded. Not all of them are, but they do tend to suffer from sort of Stockholm syndrome in general. I've never seen anyone stand up for devs shitting on them like they tend to. Of course, it could a problem of scale. There are so many of them that they have an especially large population of retards.

still don't know if i want to continue Mch in sb or play sam or rdm.
mch gets much love with no more needing to be a caster and all the support bullshit debuffs are gone for both mch and brd and some of the bloat mch had to deal with is certainly toned down.
rdm thru the sim plays pretty dam fun, and seems to be pretty mobile caster even more so then ranged dps had to suffer thru HW
and sam seems to pretty much the melee blm who can shit out 720(shit ton more with buffs) potency attack every three combos

I'll probably level the three of them and see which one i like better overall

rdm sim
tylian.github.io/rdm/

Is that Harry Potter looking Dane cuck who's wonderful wife glams his character into cuckblivion still around? Also hope all is well NWO. Also what happened to Joylne and is Boom Box still a massive faggot?

I'm hoping the new Gaius doesn't get killed by the first level 70 quest chain. Losing more scions would be fine by me as there are still too many of them left.

I just need to decide which job I should take into the msq. I'm thinking blm, pld or ast.

Also, I saw Ixion and we've already seen Yojimbo. Could this mean a greater emphasis on ffx? We might fight Anima or Sin.

Long story short, Dave and Titchy went nuclear, so Jolyne (and everyone else that was forced out by them) returned to the comfy embrace of the cross linkshell and nWo discord. He's technically in SMUG though.

you know, given the emphasis on water i think you may be on to something there user.

How is FFXIV going to handle someone starting from level 1 now? Is it the entire original main scenario quest chain from ARR to SB?

Tera rapefuges showed up and shit the place up and started a huge retard fight where everyone was a retard. Dave and Titchy switched servers with some people of their fc but apparently dave got banned so they both left for GW2 which spited those who server transferred. Now nwo is semi active with and share a link shell with smug which is now dead big surprise.

For intensive purposes things have calmed down.

Oh yeah I forgot smug invited some of those shitters just to spite nwo, but honestly I don't think they're around because as previously mentioned smug is dead at the moment.

sadly the most new players who are gonna join are pretty much suckers(bad players) so they'll probably buy the instant levle 60 potion and story quest potion. which is pretty much what those two items are aimed at. while vet mmo players could probably speed thru the arr/hw story on a tank/healer class in few weeks.

id gas them all if i could tbh.

guys like you are a diamond dozen.

from 1 to cap? the usual way, unless you jump potion of course. my concern is, how are they handling the job skills that are quest-oriented like MRD 15 with Brutal Swing for newbies. the removal of dmg on fluid aura for example is a good chunk of early CNJ dmg, not to mention the complete loss of a good Cleric Stance for healers that are leveling.

hopefully they thought this through. the pvp changes they've made to whm give me some encouragement in that aspect, but we'll see.

YES. You either pay for both skip potions ($50) or do the 322 quest chain to get to sb. However, I believe Sam and Rdm just require the first ARR 184 quest chain rather than all of hw too.

It's so boring to go through the msq again. I really wish they would trim it down.

One thing I would chamge is all nocs use link pearls, so no more running back and forth between vesper bay and wherever minfilia sends you. Another change would be to turn some of the msq quests into side story quests. No more initial trip to little ala mihgo. You go straight to that ala mihger in vesper bay for help.

ya I kinda of want to make another character to shit around as a lalafell chen

ALSO mch has no more dots come stormblood

Proof?

Just check an all job tooltip video or mch gameplay video

imgur.com/a/sZajB

Almost all classes got their dots gutted. I guess SE figured keeping up dots all the time was too hard, so they removed most along with a lot of their other dumbing down changes.

mch is the only one i know getting its dots removed so far.
brd is getting theirs buffed to a 30second with one of the songs
most others are getting theirs put into their combos

Dragoon lost Phlebotomize.

Drg loses phleb
Mnk loses tod
Drk loses scourge
War loses fracture

Launch trailer

I don't think the keeping track of 5 dots was really that fun or interesting so I would be fine if they reduced it.

FUCK YOU YOSHIP

I would love to to have the option, but I also remember the City of devs saying it ate up a lot of their time, which means SE isn't going to do it at all.

That fucking anthem, the efficiency, the might, the order

I want to be a slut in ffxiv any negatives to this?

My CE isnt showing up in the mogstation is this normal?

it does make me wonder, if teh empire are supposed to be these pseudo romans how come their anthem sounds like a soviet opera?

Once SE starts charging for preorders it should show up and be formatted like the other versions.

Maybe. The only options are the SB early access, so I'd only start to worry after early access drops.

no one has game codes yet only early access once you get your shit gets charged you'll get your code.

Cool thanks guys

What good are tombstones of poetics for anymore? I've been at cap for a week now.

gear and weapon glamours and if you are leveling a job the gear can last you to 54 - 56 though it is weird how despite having better stats it has less armor.

Why don't you come fuck my tight little asshole with a strap on you big girl :3c

for doing your relic of course.

This shit is getting on my nerves.

any indication of what the Stormblood meme tank will be? I've got DRK at 60, PAL and WAR at 56. Playstyle doesn't matter to me.

After hearing that BRD will probably be able to move around again I can't bring myself to play any dungeons before Stormblood is out.
Maybe this is a good time to level my crafting a bit

fuck you they're taking the two best animation abilities

The shittiest quest in wow is more entertaining than the best XIV quest.

I think he stated that already. I do find it funny when the min max faggots that ruin a fun party get upset when the truth is dragged out like that. That's one thing that the jp servers that I miss, they treated it like a damn game, not like every fight is a life or death situation where you need to uninstall for every mistake. Though I guess it doesn't matter when the SE reps from the west cater to pic related.

Daily reminder. :^)

You'll all be glad to know that between my knowledge of the dungeon and my new gear (holy shit I was undergeared I had no idea, I thought the game was just getting harder) no one died, and I had no issue pulling and keeping aggro on every mob, even when the dumbass DPS ran ahead.

if you take a good look at the parthenopes from the Shadow of Mach raid enemies they kind of remind me of anima stuck on a snake tail

probably PLD. "I WILL BE YOUR SHIELD!" macros optional but great for pissing people off

better now than never. new xpacs mean new gear to craft, which means new markets to corner as min/maxers spend obscene amounts of gil overmelding materia for a few extra points of crit or det.

i play on JP servers so, they wouldn't be able to read that.

count me in, i just renewed my subsciption for a month, so do i just mail one of above listed?

I doubt they will go too far with western pandering, they would want to contain the cancer exclusively to the west side. A lot players from the JP are woman, average skills somewhere in-between 'casual' and 'hardcore' or so I have heard and players from JP outnumber the west by a wide margin. About nearly half-half guys and girls here on the east side of the hemisphere.

Send a tell by typing /t and then person's name. You can't send mail unless they are on your friend list.

Best news I heard all day.

Take it with a grain of salt. Just the things I have heard from other. But I can (though maybe it is just me) lightly confirm that about equal ratio of male/female players here in Japan (I was there for quite some time) and being in JPN FC for years even after leaving Japan.

Most players of my FC are girls, mostly play for social and chat and did some raids for fun (progress was very slow but very steady), with good skills and try not to be scrub in general, because first thing they taught first graders there is not to be a bother to other people so scrubs and 'don't pay my subs' are non-existent.

Also one of the other thing I learned from over there is that 'cross-plays' (playing opposite gender character) are uncommon in Japan, it is there but not as ubiquitous as in the west.

Can you answer because I am seriously considering switching data centers if the gajin language barrier isn't that bad.

If you want in nip FC then you have to be fluent in nip. There are aus/kiwi/seasian around but I don't interact with them so I don't know if they also got the same cancer as west or no.

Nip world are mostly shitter free and players are reasonably skilled (easy enough to find a PuG that is able to do Zurvan run problems free) and community is nice, but I encountered few Eng speaking fucktards lately fucking my DF. Aus, Kiwis, SEA, or cancer spreading from the west? I have no fucking clue.

Well fuck. I might as well tough it out then. That and if there are WoWfugees flooding the jp servers then it will only go badly if I even attempt.

Sounds like heaven

Everyone should just transfer there! Fuck x-world party finder, just think of how easy it will be just to duty finder everything, get carried by PuGs and find a competent raid group on a server with advanced players like that!

But then who would shitpost these threads about their retarded FCs in the OP?

Anyone else getting in queues recently trying to log in? Never had that shit before but now every day I got like a 30second to minute long wait.

If you're on balmeme or gilgamesh, get used to it. It'll be that way for a while.

Naw I'm on Behemoth

Only two of these things are good.

I stopped playing FF14 because of real life shit, but did they add anything awesome to Summoner? Did they kill off Minfilia yet?

In the new expansion Summoner is getting a temporary Bahamut Egi don't know much though don't play summoner. She is essentially dead but if they wanted to they could make up some bullshit to bring her back

I honestly stopped playing right before the 2nd expansion. How's the class been since? Did they get any more egis?

what is this about sjw pandering and a sjw furfag ruing class balance? I haven't really payed attention to wow for a while.
she became the avatar of Hydaelyn or something so we will probably see more of her later

The guy behind the class balance is a sjw furfag who spends more time being an attention whore on Twitter than doing his job. He also had the balls to tell people playing Wow with a mouse is dumb, and he bases his decision on playing with tablet. There was old shit like the infamous exboyfriend dummy, Fembuster gnomes, and Sylvanas suddenly ruling the Horde as a dindu-feminist hero despite she's an evil, soulless bitch. I don't want to know what they're going to do to Anduin.

Last I heard they're setting him up to be the guy that ends the expansion's story. Much like how the warden showed up after you kicked Illidan's ass the first time to take the credit for it.

They changed stuff with the crystal sand/umbrite step right anybody know how much of each you need now. I'm stockpiling for my next weapon and just want to know what to put stuff into.

wut? they really lost perspective.
nice dubs

The only fear I have is they're going to go hardcore with the sjw pandering like he'll be the first gay king of Azeroth, and Wrathion will rule by his side to cater to the Tumblr landwhales (despite Wrathion is just as big an ass-hole as Sylvanas due to very horrible writing. Wrathion suddenly being a dick in the end of MoP made me bitter).

You can glamour your egis looks like carbuncles

I think you can still find the Tweet where Celestalon admits he plays on a tablet. He got a lot of shit for it. Blizzard has been out of touch for a long time with the playerbase because people have been bitching about other shit like the hidden item scaling they tried to hide and lie about to the players.

I screwed up >>12738744. My bad

user….

Pretty much this. Blizzard's writing over the past decade has been nothing but awful and steadily getting worse. It started off as CORRUPTION but then Legion happened and they made everything going on at the start of it a snuff film. The demon hunter prologue is less edgy than the introduction to the Broken Isles is. Let that sink in for a moment.

The sjw furfag in question is Celestalon. The guy's a brony, he's got dyed hair, and so on. He's in charge of communicating with players over class balancing, and plays WoW on a tablet with touch controls.
Just an example of the shit that's in recent memory when it comes to him.
7.2.5 is still a few days off, so the changes have yet to go live, but they're effectively finalized now. It's not the first time the devs have taken exception to a class/spec coming close to their pet favorite, either.

They rectonned Pharah into being half Native American after their initial "we thought it was cool" stance for her Indian-themed skin caused immense butthurt from SJWs, and canceled their ongoing comic series that told the game's actual story because they were afraid of stepping on fans' toes. The devs, even without pandering, are completely spineless.

Blizzard is the epitome of everything I hate in any creative field. They have absolutely no spine and capitulate immediately to any demand. While also being incredibly lazy and refusing to do any of the work that would take actual hard work. Everything they make is so boring and bland that it looks appealing on the surface but upon any attempt to dig deeper you find nothing.

Perfect summary of Overcrap right here. The game is all fancy bells and whistles, but play it to any serious extent and you will find technical depth that makes current TF2 look like fucking grandmaster chess

Thought you were close.

Who thought it was a good idea to fundamentally change the core game that brought them so much dosh and screw over a lot of classes?

Minflia is dead. Bane got gutted and Fester is questionable. Ruin 4 has the same potency as Ruin 3, but it can only be acrivated by a per proc. Also, Ruin 3 got its potency nerfed. Smn has only 2 dots now and Bahamut will only attack when you do rather than periodically, which would make more sense. It gets a weaker Ahk Morn that only fires once from what I can tell, but you can use it twice while Bahamut is up. Aetherflow got nerfed and Raging Strikes is gone. Ice 2 is gone from the cross class selection too.

Blm

Fire 2 got nerfed, which is fucking retarded. We got a new Flare that just eats up your new mcguffin and we can cast Flare for 2/3 max mp, which could be neat or very useless depending on the other costs. Enochian is essentially permanent and maintained by have any astral fire or ice up. It's cd is 30 seconds and we got triple swift cast too. We can teleport to our lay lines, which could be very useful depending on how aoe heavy the new raids are. There's no point in teleporting if a boss puts a big fuck you aoe on top of ley lines. Also, Yoshi seems to think we aren't the turret caster. This makes me think the translation was off or Yoshi doesn't even play his own game outside of events.

I hate it when retarded devs do this. Yoshi hated healers in cleric stance, so he Changed it so that it wouldn't be an issue. He also started gutting aoe again.

No idea, at this point I think Yoshi just got lucky with ARR. HW was pretty meh and SB looks even worse.

And dots, don't forget that a lot of classes are losing DoTs which is a massive pot nerf.

I used to buy them from g2a and other online sellers but they're all sold out. Fucking Square not releasing enough of these things before a big expansion drops.

People should realise it's not one person entirely responsible for class design and balancing or a game being good. It's the team and how it's managed. This is why so often you see things like ex-Blizzard North team members putting out dogshit games.

A sizable group of people who are mad that they can't stance dance and keep track of more than a single dot. I bet those are the same type of people that buy a decent amount of fluff from the mogshop. SE is a company so I suppose they will listen to the money. That's how things go in life. The more popular something becomes the lower the skill ceiling tends to drop.

And they will probably regret that decision if it blows up in their retarded fucking face.

Give me a fucking break. The only people who are complaining are FFlogs faggots who think their #1 NA Ex Thordan Parse is gonna be endanger of being beaten.

Combat in the game is good but bloated as shit. You don't need a bunch of 1 button DoTs or stupid complex RNG based rotations for something to be hard. Take Rift for example, original Hammerknell was one of the hardest 20 mans ever, but in that game you could macro almost 80% of your rotation to a 1 button that you smashed. The reason that shit was hard, was that boss mechanics where involved, raid wipes were instant and mistakes unrecoverable. People are bitching about how their fucking math equation of a rotation means the game is shit now, when no one has even tried it.

No one has even seen the raids yet, so all these "nerfs" might be for a good reason, if they fundamentally change how a combat works. For example if you make it so that bosses are only damaged in "burst" phases you don't need classes who can maintain huge steady dps, you need classes who have cooldowns that you use at the right time.

But instead we get shit tons of people talking "Meta Meta Meta" with no idea what is changing. I want Theorycrafting faggots to go and stay go.

Sorry, do you see them making boss mechanics any harder? The fucking dungeon they showed was the same brain dead shit it currently is. Do you seriously have that much fucking faith in current year Square Enix?

I don't give a fucking rats ass about what the "Meta" is. I just want to keep enjoying the class/job I've been enjoying for the last 2 or so years. And I know for a fucking fact that WAR is no longer the "fun" job I currently play. I also doubt raids and extremes are going to be any more difficult than they currently are. If anything they will be shittier.

Stop garbling Yoshi's cock, faggot.

Really, your going to use the leveling dungeon as an example of how the new content is going to play?

Feel free also to explain how WAR is no longer fun. Did losing the maim DoT really "break your immersion" or are you just mad PLD is no longer worthless?

How about (you) stop being a fucking brain dead nigger who can't see the forest from the trees.

Let's play a game called spot the PLD main.
We get it your 3 buttons are so hard to press.

Didn't you hear PLD is still worthless in raid because "muh utility"?

NIN/WAR raid, WHM non-raid but you were oh so close

Looks like someone hasn't cleared Zurv / Soph Ex. Go figure given the rest of your post.

So wait you complained it only matters to raiders and then complained that story content was used as a counter example? Are you the kind of guy who thinks void ark and regular primals are intensive? Or are you just a PoTD guy? :^)

Yup. Just like how you use another fucking MMO to try and justify the idiotic combat changes.

Let's see here… Bloodbath is gone which means half the fun of pulling a ton of shit and healing from AoE is gone(as well as all other aoe, cunt), the maim/eye swap hurts new players trying warrior and makes leveling take longer for no reason, foresight was removed instead of increasing both physical AND magical defense and we lost our stun for drk's shitty kick all while paladin kept their spammable one. And most of our self healing is nerfed due to stat changes. I can keep going with other changes not related to war that piss me off like AoE being nerfed to stop speed runs, jobs being made "easier" for retards which we all know work and certain jobs(WHM) still being shit compared to their relatives.

I'm super happy that Paladin is being buffed to retarded levels. I despise DRK and the people that play it. I didn't want to see WAR be raped in the ass for it though. I wanted the old PLD/WAR combo back. Quit assuming random shit. Go find some niggers to rape your gay ass and die from aids.

You're not even making any sense. Go back to Overwatch

Where's the cheapest place to pre-order stormblood?

I am going to try and ignore how buttflustered you are right now and talk about your actual points.

Bloodbath does suck that it is gone, but no one cares about the eye/maim change. 10% to the raid sooner and then 20% personal isn't a big deal, because you also forgot to mention the duration is longer meaning less of a chance it drops. Foresight is like 5% if that, and unless I am mistaken they can now take Rampart which is an ACTUAL 20%. Stun was just a bad OCD 80 pot freebie, hardly added anything to the class. Where are you getting the self-healing nerf stat information? People said the same thing about the STR change and yet it hardly made a difference in the next tier, also once again no idea what stats on gear is going to be like at 70.

You forgot how many good things were added:

You are so busy freaking out over retarded little changes that don't add much, you forgot to notice how much awesome is coming to the job.

Other random points: if they wanted to stop speed runs they would just add more random doors, or event timers. Just because a jobs rotation is "easier" doesn't mean playing it well or the content is going to be easier.

We should all go back to the tuning of A3S and A4S because that was great! Everything worked out perfect and there were no problems at all!

you forgot raid wide DPS buffs being nerfed on the whole.

Berzerk nerf means your HUGE FELL CLEAVE COMBO does only slightly more per cycle. Also fracture is the DoT not fucking maim, get your shit right before you talk about how the class is/isn't shit.

It's like you really are new to ff14 or you never played during Midas and Gordias. They'll never repeat that again.

We already have that. Bosses like to jump a lot in HW.
It sounds like you need to go back wow or korean grind simulator 2.0.

You're projecting really hard. I'm going to go ahead and use that to confirm that you are another wow shitter. There have been a ton of them recently in-game, which would explain why the player base in general has gotten even more retarded.

Yoshi did this in hw too. That nip or someone on his team hates aoe damage. I was surprised we got Baelsar's Wall the way we did. There were a number of gated enemies, but there were some sections that let you do big pulls.

I'm curious what changes they'll make in 5.0? I doubt the 80% bane damage nerf was a mistranslation. It looked more like they were fishing around to see how much shit the playerbase would take before they used it on all of the aoes. I also don't see how they're going to add another healer to the game if they can't even manage the three available.

Which raid wide dps buffs are you talking about? TA is still 10% Balance is unchanged, and they even added buffs to lots of the classes.

If your gonna shit on my because I mistyped fracture as maim, then I am going to shit on you for not knowing how to spell Berserk. Also quick math (500x1.5)x3= 2250 and (500x1.3)x6=3900 so I am not sure how you think it will be less. Even if you consider that is less other GCD you will be using in the 20 secs. Also CD on berserk is now 60 with no disarm so I do not see how you are not getting more damage overall.

That was the point, it was too much to handle in Gordias and Midas for everyone but like .5% of players. You can't have raids that require intense mechanics and precision dps if you have to play the fucking piano to do your rotation. So it's one or the other, and it seems they picked making the rotations easier so that raids can be more involved. I used bursts as an example because they are already in the game, but I will give you another example because apparently no one can think outside the box: % based healing thresholds. Instead of dumping massive heals on a target or raid, you need to keep them above a certain % to prevent something bad (raid wipe, debuff, spike damage,ect) from happening. This makes big crit heals less effective, as most of it will be overhealing. Toss in a DoT that constantly pushes them toward that threshold and now you have changed how healers approach the fight, or which healers are good.

Oh no you figured me out, well better go back to WoW because Yoshi P really fucked up FF right guys? Haha, games dead!

Yes.
Of course.

That's already been used many times before. That's what tank busters are and the stacking debuffs that many bosses give, which require shielding or tank swaps to keep the tank from getting one-shotted. You say you're thinking outside the box, but you're just retreading on shit that's already been done before. It only further cements that you aren't from around here and should gtfo.

Sounds like another war that is pissing and moaning about how HW was magic damage focused. Fuck you faggot, war gets to be buffed to retarded levels in most MMOs. The only thing I can really agree with you is bloodbath since War is the only class that needed that for large pulls. Now they are the dps/ot they were meant to be.
Fuck war. I love shitting on Warriors since my EQoA days when SE decided to make War the one man MT by giving them a 30 minute buff that jacked their resistances up to retarded levels in a game where every mob past level 50 had a built in elemental modifier in their auto attack that hit you like a truck if you didn't have the resistances. Feels good to be on the other end of that shitstick.

I meant SoE. Fuck Dave “CockJumper” Georgeson. Fucking faggot ruined one of my favorite MMOs.

this is really what ffxiv is about, fucking samurais hell yeah

Clearly it's too much to want every job buffed and made to feel overpowered instead of only a few actually being that way and the rest feeling like noodles. Jesus Christ.

Figured you were one of the retarded niggers that just wants to spam fell cleave. It's 6 up from 3. Not ONE MILLION!!!!!!!!XDDDDD

Charge sucks when it takes rage instead of giving it, CC will be useless unless they spam the fuck out of status effects, punch is copy+pasted from paladin, CC immunity is tied to unchained thus making that ability much less desirable now. Equilibrium is tied to AP you fucking mongoloid, so it's a nerf until I know how the stat shit is changed. And Inner Beast is now a "portion" of health down from 100%. Highly unlikely it's gone up.

You didn't defend anything worth a fuck. You can't even keep a fucking position to defend shit from. You first bitch about the "meta" and then claim I'm mad about PLD getting buffed. If the meta doesn't matter then PLD was more than capable of doing shit along with WHM. Gutting AoE in it's entirety is making speed runs slowly by default unless you run with a fucking sam/rdm now.

The fact that you are bullshitting me with other games' version of Warrior is fucking hilarious. You really have nothing to come back with, huh? And the magic damage didn't bother me since WAR has a shit load of health. Try harder next time, cock sucker.

It's the sum of parts that make something enjoyable. They opted to remove or gut shit instead of fixing what was already there. They took the fucking lazy route in almost every goddamned avenue with this expansion and both of you are too fucked in the head to notice it.

In short, kill yourselves.

Does anyone want a code to unlock early access to Stormblood and 2 in game items? I got this on my receipt from FUCKING GAMESTOP when I was flipping games and put 5 bucks down on a pre-order for added trade credit Jew. I don't even own the base game, so I would guess someone here could use it instead of it going to waste.

OT: Managed to flip $100~ dollars to gamestop today. Feels good man.