Let's reboot an IP that only a small group of people liked

Why didn't they just make Prey a new I.P?

Because it wouldn't sell since it was shit system shock clone without what made system shock great.

Because suits are scared by anything new so they scraped the bottom of the barrel of IPs they had and used that.

Because the license was running out

they were probably hoping that all the attention the original prey 2 got would bolster sells

nah chen, I was expecting something horrible

Didn't the original Prey take almost a decade to create?

Because the dream scenario for marketers is that some dumbfuck casual will google "Prey" to since they see it on TV and don't know what it is, find things from 2006 talking about how prey was pretty gud and get the two mixed up resulting in free marketing and shekels raining down from the sky.

Because they are retarded user. Video game companies don't target specific audiences anymore. They make a shitty product, and then scam people with marketing.

user, it's Bethesda.

Checking these dubs of truth, about the game industries greatest liar.

Because (((marketing))).

Did Chen protect me from a feminine penis or rob me of a feminine penis?

'Brand Recognition'

That and, maybe this is my running hypothesis big studios of any sort now (movies, games, tv) cannot handle the idea of starting something new. It must be based off of old material. Something new is anathema. And this as well, this is part of the reeason you don't see new shit

Marketing is a blight upon humanity.

Why didn't they just make RDR a new I.P?

It's pretty obvious it's not even a reboot of the original prey.

It's far, FAR more likely the game was given a different name until someone realized they needed to do something with the PREY IP to keep their claims current on the old game and IP.

Daily reminder that these thread are made by a mentally unstable trannie who shits up the Steam forums.

1. No one cares about Prey, it was a third rate doom 3 clone.
2. You will never become a girl.

But what's the point? nuPrey has nothing to do with old Prey. They could have had two IPs instead of cannibalizing one to make a game that has no connection to it.

Too be fair they kind of did make RDR a new IP

Producers are not rationally driven.

Don't forget having a ready-made fanbase, which is the second major reason why suits always have old IPs cannibalized instead of making new ones.

The game sold more than 1.5 million units on it's release, good job falling for Bethesda's pr spin.

found your problem

name recognition, Prey was a title that existed so they'll use the name to make sure at least some people say "Oh I remember Prey" then they buy this Prey because they never played or cared much for the first but they bothered to look at the screenshots because of the name.

Here's why.

I hope Prey 2 gets leaked. It was near completion anyways

Who the fuck agrees to a milestone system in which the other party is the sole judge of it?

Human head folks would get sued into bankruptcy.
Never gonna happen.

Dudeā€¦

If they do that nobody's gonna work with them ever again.

The best you can hope for is a neoKotaku article in 10 years.

Because it's fucking Bethesda man.
Don't you remember how they appropriated Fallout and only vaguely followed the established canon instead of making up new shit and having more creative freedom?

Yeah true. It's only false hope that I have.

Only good thing about the original was that opening.

t. bethesda

No, I expected a trap.

Human Head cucks BTFO again
I know you folks are all here, no one else would care about your shitty game. Sucks to be out of a job uh

I wish they'd put out an HD remake of the original.

Bethesda shills seem to be trying this new strategy of people that shit on Bethesda shills.

RDR is a sequel not a reboot

*cough* capitalism *cough*