Everyone talks about how good AI is needed, but what flaws do you think good AI needs to avoid being artificial?

Everyone talks about how good AI is needed, but what flaws do you think good AI needs to avoid being artificial?

I think a shooter AI would need the following, especially for low level opponents

Pic unrelated

When enemies are low on health or are getting their shit wrecked, they should begin to panic and make shitty moves.

Or they should go batshit crazy and lunge at you without hesitation, adrenaline and all.

AI needs to act like a human/player would, both in good and bad departments. They should be able to see more than 20 feet ahead of them, but likewise not have perfect aiming or situational awareness.

Yeah, basically just act increasingly desperate

Kisssss me

DESPERATE

It's called scripting, not artificial intelligence

Fine: CPU opponents

not videogames, fuck off

Not Videogames.

Fuck off.

No,its more about refining and having better execution on the already present ideas, not coming up with new ones.
This is why idea guys never achieve anything. Execution > idea

In what way is it not video games?

Not videogames, cunt. Fuck off and die.

You don't necessarily need complex AI anyway, a lot of varied simple enemies can work very well together. Doom being the obvious example.

Or Terraria.

video games?

God I hate summer.

I always thought that as a rule of thumb, there should always be a delay between an AI making a decision, and then executing that decision, to mimic human reaction time. Although I suppose it may not matter if it's the kind of game where attacks have a big wind-up anyway, like a lot of close-combat games.

Isn't it more of a Reddit thing to be such an autistic rulecuck?
I remember someone on /k/ saying how he made a post on a weapons subreddit discussing something or other about guns, and he was banned since discussion is considered off-topic.

God I hate useless pieces of shit that don't deserve to be alive shitting up Holla Forums with not videogames.

Pretender syndrome in full force. Jim was right, gas the newfags.

I'll ask again, how is this not video games?

All enemies should have their own sense of awareness. Many games that immediately come to mind have one of two flaws:
1) The enemy doesn't know your position, then, when spotted, instantly informs every enemy of your position.
2) The same, except that there is a radio delay before every enemy is informed of your position.

In both cases, the enemy often continues to know your location despite leaving line of sight. Bullshit. I don't know the solution, but current games don't use it. Shooters should at least take after Splinter Cell games, even for heavily action-oriented games, so long as the level design allows.

Are you fucking retarded.

He's bitter his shit got deleted, so he's shitposting another thread out of spite.

Usually what happens is that once you are no longer in any enemy's line of sight, a marker is placed on your last known position, and enemies will continue to shoot at that point or approach it expecting to find you. Some games take this a step further and try to make a pattern out of your movements to know which direction to do a brief search in before giving up.

LOL BUTTHURT

Good AI should take into account both their forces and the perceived player strength, the number of games where you can enter an area, off a big amount of enemies and the rest will still go about "hunting" you as if you aren't a predator is gigantic.

Depending on the security of the area as well as your actions to alert them, units remaining, enemies should remain on alert at different magnitudes.

I Heard escape from tarkov has awesome bots, they even act friendly at times, as if they were another player and then attack you when you get close