ITT: Vaporware

ITT: Vaporware.

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/kingdinosaurgames/that-which-sleeps/posts/1791633?ref=backer_project_update
youtube.com/watch?v=Ruy6vibgNto
nichegamer.com/2017/06/08/thieves-steal-cyberpunk-2077-files-demand-ransom-cd-projekt-red/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

IT'S

YOUR MOVE

A E S T H E T I C

routine didn't look good anyway

my fucking game, why bother breathing

wait let me bring up some big ass vaporwave shilled by mark tm gg ez no re

How long would you lot say a game has to go without a peep about it before its vaporware?

5 tweets without a mention of DJ Trump

get back to work, nerd

Sure smells like newfag in here.

They seem to be pretty active on twitter and have just released a new video not five days ago.

DeWolf was the greatest.

It's…YOUR MOOOVE, Commander
It's YOUR TURN

vaporware is a meme, all its is is video game production slowed down indefinitely

although I recently tried to play BG&E again and it was never good. fucking camera that randomly repositions itself at the worst possible times. the sure sign of an overrated, artsy piece of shit

It's probably taking forever because the devs are trying to figure out how to make their super slow, limited mechanics game not be incredibly boring after realizing they couldn't do procedural generation outside of maybe spawn points.

there's no way they're actually doing this.

Did someone say vaporware?

Is it the first time they do that?

Yeah well there isn't exactly a such thing as goof vaporwave.

good*

Isn't it going to be some VR game where you play as a guy in a wheelchair or something like that?

They haven't said anything about it since 2015, I believe. So I have no clue.

I'm a big fontautist, and so I can recognize pretty much every popular free font you can get from sites like freefonts.com. I've noticed that a lot of games whose development turns out to be poorly managed - whether vaporware or not - will use one of a handful of these free fonts in their title. I forget the name of Routine's font but I definitely used it in the school paper once.

Another big offender is "Coolvetica", which looks like Helvetica but has t's which curl all the way upward at the bottoms. Often happens because the graphic designer is some randy who doesn't know how to obtain the actual Helvetica. If you can keep an eye out for those fonts, you might get an idea of how professional their operation is.

A more fancy way of saying that is "I'm interested in typography"

OP said "vaporware" you stupid nigger

How about you take your 2 dollar words somewhere else

Thats not even vaporwave.

shit game
dead game

Yeah Blank Banshee is just electronic(a? never clear on the distinction there). Vaporwave is a meme genre based on sampling 80s-90s pop and smooth jazz. There is some good stuff out there, like Dan Mason. Closely related is Future Funk, which is the same thing but with Anime/oriental pop and tries to get a more "idol/consumerist" feel than vaporwave's "90's office wood panel bar" feel.

And synthwave is just retro sounding electronic. Probably doesn't need its own distinction but whatever.

muh vaportrap

But that was the whole point. Might as well cancel the shit.

Needs more Hotline Miami.

Vaporwave > Outrun/Synthwave

Does something like the Panther XL pro count?

when the fuck is that gonna come out

Where are her feet? How does she balance herself on leg stumps?

They announced the game was going to launch back in March. Then they delayed it because they stated that the game has "Two paths" and one path was way better than the other. So they're going back and reworking the second path to fix this and plan to launch later this year.

I want to see it launch if only to see what the fuck the game actually is. I get the feeling it's going to be a disappointing game no matter how much work they put in. They haven't shown any real gameplay or mechanics still, it seems they thought it could coast by on aesthetics alone.

Why do stupid people still believe in this meme that good games get canned?

Dont you see the kind of garbage that publishers have the courage to release?

If a game gets canned its because its REALLY REALLY REALLY bad and they know that even printing it will be a loss

Good ridance.

Cyberpunk is going to come out. As a generic 3rd person shooter in the style of the division

Hotline Miami actually came out though, the fuck are you on about?

Am I doing this right

no
fuck off reddit

Does Corridor 8 count as vaporware, considering the source has been released?

If I've learned one thing:

Stop caring about hype. No E3. No previews. No trailers. Wait until a game is out, see if it's good, play it.

Wasn't that supposed to come out in 2016?

That Which Sleeps
Basically a TBS where you play as a Cthulhuesque awakening evil of your choice that must manipulate the world into chaos so that no one can oppose you. You are vulnerable until you finally awaken so you must keep word of your return and use your agents to stop would-be-heroes before they can seal you for another aeon or so.

The dev basically took the money and ran, there hasn't been updates for over a year. They even deleted the forums. It's dead as can be.

Only buy games that pirates have played. Pirates are the only people who will give you an honest opinion.

But user, E3 is hilarious. It's one of my favourite events of the year and an excellent excuse to get drunk while shitposting.

What a shame. That sounds like it would've been an awesome game.

Just checked, they updated it around 3 weeks ago.
kickstarter.com/projects/kingdinosaurgames/that-which-sleeps/posts/1791633?ref=backer_project_update
I'm hopeful, but I didn't back it. I'll just buy it if it ends up being good

Devs went dark for a while, but they are still working on it since they are posting updates. From memory, one of the devs let but everyone else has kept working on it in their spare time.

I'm still really hopeful about this game.

Holy shit, I had abandoned all hope for this game. Let's hope the shaky development process doesn't affect it too much.

I want this game badly.

The Barkley 2 kickstarter still gets updates every now and then, but I'll honestly be surprised if it ever comes out.

Talk about a complete fucking waste.

Jee whiz I wonder why the Con Man went dead silent on this one

ew

The commercial would barely be 8 seconds long at that price. The average cost of a 30-second super bowl commercial is around $4 million.
Hell it would be even less for 2017 since fox confirmed the average price to be $5 million to $5.5 million for a 30-second ad.

Out you underage pieces of shit, not only you're fucking retarded, you have shit taste, you're the reason i stopped talking to a friend, because the fucking cuck would sit all day in his cancer facebook groups were people would post images and music and all that kind of shit that requires no fucking talent. Learn to play a fucking instrument, learn how to properly sample, learn some real editing, but stop acting like your shitty lo-fi producer and your favorite youtube meme have anything substantial to add to the world, because they don't, they are a waste of air, just like you. Kill yourselves you pieces of shit.

I have no issue with vaporwave itself but the faggots who dropped that in this thread like utter retards should grab shotguns and paint the walls with their brains

Do you play vaporwave with those instruments?

No.

Then read faggot.
My point stands.
You can be a good musician and still enjoy vaporwave, that wasn't my point, i know plenty of good artists with shitaste. Doesn't mean it takes talent to create vaporwave, and it clearly doesn't mean it belongs to this thread.

I wish i had something to add to the thread, i don't like to be a derailing faggot just like these retarded vaporwave fans, but people end up posting shit like Overstrike anyway, because holy shit, good CGI trailer means good gameplay all of the sudden.

You could at least sage to avoid bumping it.

Jesus christ, this thread.

how about no

This is what Reddit x Cuckchan does to a board

This is what fucking happens when you ban dubsposting shit threads, the retards that infest those threads think they're welcome.

I really really want that font, please try remember user.

KC TIER

Too soon?

They’re hooves, user. It’s a horsefucker.

Kill yourself, retard.

Oh hey, pete hines is here.

Deep Down. Where the fuck is it, Capcom?
Vaporware sounds like Vaporwave XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
GET OUT CUCKCHAN

Get cancer.

Its literally a vaporware game, they say so in the description on Steam
youtube.com/watch?v=Ruy6vibgNto

I've liked about 20 pages like that and they've been great for my creativity and just going out and making shit
You're a cancerous superficial cunt

Dude, calm the fuck down There's banter, then there's going full retard.

You fuck off back to cuckchan instead of a being D&C faggot.

Wasn't this supposed to come out this or next month?

why don't you make me, bitch?

It got canned in favour of whatever Itsuno's next game is plus the Lost Planet revival.

That's quite interesting actually, care to post some examples of offenders?

fuck outta here just pirated LP3 and its pretty garbo.

Will it be recapturing the charm of the first two games? Alongside Dragon's Dogma and Megaman Legends, I always felt like Lost Planet was one of capcom's underutilized IPs. I think that Konami statement about refocusing on games and the IPs they own might have moved Capcom into action.

Google Broken Horizon.
Seems to be going even further down the Monster Hunter/Peace Walker route than even LP2.

ITT: retards who dont know the difference between vaporware and slowed down diana ross

Oh shit niggers best fucking news I could have hoped for. For the love of God Capcom don't fuck it up like you did with 3

It was a product of Inafune's obsession with outsourcing the fuck out of everything which resulted in DmC:dmc, Dead Rising 3 and LP3. From what I've gathered from official and less than official sources the new one is internally developed, no idea if the team behind the original titles is behind it or not though.

Was that supposed to be one of the dozens of SS13 ports/remakes?

No. It's a first person horror set in space, developed by a britbong and his girlfriend. As far as I can tell it's not actually vaporware, but close to it. The devs made a couple of visits to half/v/ in 2013 and 2014 if I remember correctly. They never did figure out how to actually reply properly.

I didn't mind the arcadey tone of LP2. I'd prefer an open world sort of pseudo-RPG like what LP1 was supposed to be and what LP3 tries, but fails to do. But LP2 wasn't terrible. The multplay vs was bad, not enough modes. I'd wanted a VS vs mode where everyone starts in a VS, turning the game into more a mecha thing.

Well, you might be getting what you're wishing for since the game seems to be primarily about exploring the world with the customizable VS with on foot action being focused primarily about fixing it in the field/gathering T-Eng to fuel it if you run out with some base management/defense thrown in for good measure.

This actually came out recently, I need to pick it up btw

I rather LP2 get GFWL gutted or a GOG release like Dragon's Dogma just got to be honest

No, you're thinking of that game Ion.

I am unable to tell if your pic is ironic or not.

Subhumans like you ruined Initial D, vaporware, and songs from Initial D that for me. I honestly hope you are flayed alive.

I don't know why people got a huge dick over this. As soon as it was announced 3rd person i lost interest.

What's going on? I never heard of that. All I know is someone has been upgrading them for USB.

That wasn't vapourware, it was a scam.

I shouldn't had my hopes up

Fuck off anyone who enjoys post 2015 vaporwave or the shitty meme ones are fucking cancer and completely destroyed what vaporwave is and was fuck all of you for not only making a genre with potential shit but for also making it fucking popular among not only normalfags but also among trap producers and subsequently destroying future funk and turning that into lo fi j-pop

actual vaporeware reporting

Slowing down old songs no one remembers, thus being the direct opposite of nightcore Vaporwave had potential?

welcome to how seapunks feel circa 2013 fucko

Don't bother I'm going to delete this thread since it's filled with garbage.

Never mind I can't. Have fun morons.

just tell mark youre actually discussion video games in here :^)

Any game that pleases Holla Forums in it's entirety will be vaporware: the standards are so high that for something to please the majority of this board, it would displease the rest of the market.

So you have companies appleaing to 5000 shitposters (with nearly half being pennyless neets that pirate everything) or a dozen million potential costumers who only demand a conving trailer and a few thousand bucks in manufactered hype.

Haven't you heard?

nichegamer.com/2017/06/08/thieves-steal-cyberpunk-2077-files-demand-ransom-cd-projekt-red/

That's not even possible. There are many different tastes around here.

I'd be up for a revival akin to Lost Planet 2, and ONLY LP2.

There are only two. Bad, and good. Good being mine. Your taste is probably shit, to be honest.

Your taste is plebeian tier taste, meanwhile mine has been honed and perfected.