ITT: Games where you get autistic about the world building lore

ITT: Games where you get autistic about the world building lore

You all have that one game, confess your sins.

I wonder what Earth is like and what wars have taken place and all the other scummy shit Weyland-Yutani has done.

But the extended Alien Ressurrection cut shows its a dead barren waste inhabited only by the french lesbian clone of Ripley and girltwinkbot Winona Ryder!

As much as Resurrection was a good movie it's still non-canon like everything else past Aliens.

Keep telling yourself that.

You keep telling yourself that, pleb.

Its okay, that covenant pain is still raw, its going to be okay user, its all going to be okay.

Breath of the Wild
You're telling me you have this big ass world and all you're gonna tell me is "lol ganon is ebil we's gotta stop him u guise…!!!" With a bunch of fluff added on top? Like what the fuck. Give me a better narrative. Add stuff to it, add older enemies, or have someone influencing ganon this time around, like some eldritch tier horrifying space creature or something.

Not to mention pic related feels like it should have a connection to something way more alien and enigmatic, something that's connected to the divine beasts and like an interdimensinal army or something, but no, you never go as far as to see HOW the energy is created and where the resources for their creation is made. I've just wanted to see a world full of their origin, a completely different world with a purple sky and even more weird ass technology that the sheikah slate uses. that would have been cool.
Also
"WOAHHH WATCH OUT DUDES. IT'S cALaMiTy gAnOn woaaaaAAAHHH!!!"
Call him fuckig CHAOS Canon like a normal fucking person and be done with it.
There's way more I wanna bitch about story/world wise but I'm too assed.

I forgot to mention, they call him Cataclysmic Ganon in the fucking SPIC version. That sounds infinitely more evil that "Calamity Ganon", fucks sake.

You know it was originally an actual alien invasion story and they are left over models right?

This isn't going to make anyone buy it

Go back, tumblr.

some of the comics are interesting, the one about the crazed DI that of course wants to weaponize the ayys is better than most of the movies

3 was a complete redo apparently, it wasnt as bad as 4 but it was originally supposed to be a much bigger more LoreReich film where they go back to earth

You’re the only person on Earth who had to look up what the word ‘calamity’ means, you stupid fucking faggot.

I ran into this as a random youtube recommendation just last night watching alien stuff. Main guy seems like a dumb e celeb wannabe but the alien diehard he has on knows his shit.

Not even the best fan missions for these respective games can handle the subtle world-building.

YES. THAT'S WHY I'M SO TRIGGERED

Good! Fucking pirate it.

Not an argument. You fucking idiot.
Calamity isn't an intimidating word. Period.

look at these plebs

Why would I want to read anything that hold canon where master chief is a black female?

I will never understand why they are so obsessed with weaponizing them. They make for a shit biological weapon. They gestate far too slowly, the eggs are extremely vulnerable and you can only spawn one from humans.

Sure, they are smart, but them being smart isn't exactly what you want from a bug.

He's not though? What the fuck are you even talking about

Every single one of those books were terrible. Including the forerunner series where they actually hired a successful sci-fi author. Those grew from boring to incredibly boring to why was this even written boring.

I think that user has a bit of the 'tism and thinks that Saint's Testimony has the Master Chief on the cover.

I'll let you in on the big secret of the Alien franchise. Weyland-Yutani wants them because there wouldn't be a story if they didn't.

I hate the third part of this series, solely because it simply abruptly changes the setting of the previous one.

That's a fucking movie, you idiot.

Glad someone finally pointed that out.

The Mega Man universe is a simple one, but deliberately not very well explained. This doesn't excuse the endless number of people who ceaselessly spout baseless bullshit inferences about it in an attempt to sound knowledgeable and deep without doing any kind of fact-checking on anything. Why is this particular series such a magnet for it?

Ha hyuck! I liked tooie a lot, the bigger world was so satisfying to explore. Though, I definitely wouldn't mind another cozy banjo kazooie game.

Looking at this down from above really activated my autism

Well, everybody already has it, so I guess you're right.

I dont really care about lore that much. Sorry.

Because it's quite unusual in the sense that there's the kiddy Megaman franchise and a huge change in tone to the post apocalyptic X franchise that's not very explained. Also kiddy franchises with unexplained stuff aren't that common. It's usually more mature games in tone like Dark Souls or Silent Hill the ones who do that.

EO's shit got really complicated, given that EO3 states that the Yggdrasil came from space, cave paintings in EO4 show the Yggdrasil titan terraforming multiple planets, and then EOV is confirmed to not take place on Earth.

The same thing is true for Umbrella Inc in RE and the Jews in real life.

This activates mine as well.
What is labeled as "Spiral Mountain" is actually Mayahem Temple, what's "Mayahem Temple" is Grunty Industries, and what's "Grunty Industries" is nothing. Note the rectangular shape of the landmarks. Spiral Mountain is across the ocean and the digger tunnel carved many miles under the Earth's crust to get to it. That's why in the game it's simply "Spiral Mountain", not "Isle o' Hags (Spiral Mountain)".

Fun fact, some beta code had a label for "Grunty's Lair (tower room)", a possible remnant of some beta feature.

Do fans still use that comprehensive timeline? You know the one, where Dr. Light won the Nobel Peace Prize or some shit which is what triggered Dr. Wily, there was some weird specific order to all the side-games and all the years were decoded? Of course it was made by a wikiafa, but it was practically everywhere a few years ago like gospel.

meh, usually I just have head cannon that glosses over developer oversight/constraints

example of internal autism

I feel stupid about it because 2 fucked up the tiny fragments of story so much even though I guess I liked some of it but:
Hotline Miami

Stop looking and start playing the Trails games

Absolutely the best if we talk about world building and lore. I wish I was kidding, but almost everything is done with such an amount of detail is fucking nuts and pure insanity if you go full autist.

All the games happen in the same continent in different times and places and absolutely everything is related. Stop reading and just get the games and play them. Don't forget to speed up the animations in battle with cheatengine

Did any of it survive to post?