Any backers of the new Battletech game? Tell me is the beta fun?

Any backers of the new Battletech game? Tell me is the beta fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

community.battletechgame.com/forums/threads/4859
community.battletechgame.com/forums/threads/7227?page=1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_BattleTech_games#Video_games
sarna.net/wiki/Demolisher
minimek.sourceforge.net/RogueMek/RogueMek.htm
mech3mod.weebly.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It doesn't matter whether it's fun.

Apparently there's no friendly fire unless it's artillery. Missed shots cannot hit other mechs.

There is the death from above move tho if you have JJs.

And if a mech gets overheated to the point of shutdown it'll glow like christmas tree.

Also you can Atlaspunch shit.

Got a source for that? I mean even SRR had friendly fire. Sure, it didn't happen all that often but it was there. And think you can flood more?

community.battletechgame.com/forums/threads/4859
With its cover system it takes more after nuxcom than I'd like.

I don't know.

Can I?

And its shit

Doomed

ib4 it's something retarded like ACs and SRMs are artillery in his book. And I don't know, can you? Are you physically capable of not being an obnoxious little shit?

You know, words can hurt.

I'll be sure to put up trigger warnings next time.

This is cancer you know.

Is that Phoebe from Friends?

∧__∧  / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
         (゚┏┓゚ )<IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER
        |┃┃ |  \___________
        |┗┛ |
        (     )
        | |  |
        (__(_)

Adding magical rocks- community.battletechgame.com/forums/threads/7227?page=1

This is in line with the source tabletop game, a game whose base rule set and unit list has had dissertations written on it's balance.

Is friendly fire even that big of a deal? I don't think I've ever seen it come up in-game before.

This shit is dumb, though. If they want to include the option for mod and map-makers to add bonus hexes that's one thing, but actively sticking it into the core game seems to go against the idea of a faithful recreation of the tabletop game.

Someone post the cast.

That and even modern missiles have autodetonation or disarmament systems in the event they miss their target.

I know in Battletech Swarm missiles have a chance to hit friendlies if they miss their intended target, but Swarm-I missiles basically negate that entirely with IFF.

Well, is it that big of an issue? I honestly might be completely wrong since I've not played in ages.

How often have you encountered friendly fire in Battletech?

It don't matter. If you fire an AC10 it shouldn't just vanish mid-air. All good tactical games have projectiles that travel and aren't just cosmetics.

You useless fucks, must I do everything myself?

For example, take Jagged Alliance 2. You a small group of 3-4 enemies close to each other. One of your guys has a big machinegun so you fire a long burst at one of them.
In JA2 some bullets will hit the intended target, most will miss and hit the ground or walls. But some will also hit his friendlies that were standing close to him. More, some of the shots that missed might hit an explosive fuel barrel.
If this was BT the shots that didn't hit would simply disappear

But this is intended as a recreation of the tabletop game. I could understand being annoyed if this was, say, Mech Warrior and projectiles just vanished with no rhyme of reason, but that's not the case here.

If there's a problem here then it lies with the base rules, and frankly as a Battletech fan I'd rather they go with what's definitely been written down rather than what they think should have been written down.

Yeah? Are there energy minerals that enhance your energy damage given and taken in tabletop?
What about "bracing" which reduces the damage you take?

For what possible reason would they not include projectiles being able to hit other units on the field or the landscape?

X-COM did it decades ago. This is just further proof HBS can't code. These are the same cretins that were too stupid to figure out how implementing saves was supposed to work. I have no faith they have the ability to make a complex combat system actually work.

There's so many red flags here that you could be set for bullfighting for several years.

No thank you. I don't want to support any agenda.

in JA2 you might've been able to get away with a shitty dice roll system with a binary hit or miss system, but when you put missles, lasers and other destructive weapons in the mix it's unacceptable to not have some kind projectile simulation, because if that shit misses, there's a good chance it'll fucking blow up something that's destructable, like a building or whatever.

Exactly, a stray PPC beam should be something to worry about.

I don't mind flyingderbis' reimagining of the mechs. Battletech always had shit art and he did a great job not making the mechs look like turds.

MechCommander was the same, so it's not like I can fault them all that much in this regard. Why would a player bother taking a bunch of tanks when they can field a full lance of mechs?

This is the main reason why everyone should be worried. They don't really give a shit about making a game, and their last three games (or one game, depending how you see it) displayed their major inability to create an engaging combat system or write code that wasn't shit.

And as I said previously I think those are stupid ideas and should only be included as options for mod and map-makers to use at their discretion, not as core parts of the base game.

It's worth keeping in mind two mechs standing tile-to-tile have roughly 30 meters of distance between each other. On top of that you're dealing with vehicles featuring fire control systems and stabilizers, not humans with heavy recoil and adrenaline messing their aim. Frankly, the chances that a stray shot is going to miss one mech but hit enough are frighteningly small.

Again, my memory might be playing up, but I seem to remember there were rules for missed shots potentially damaging the hex instead of their target, resulting fires and such.

Exactly, there's a metric tonne of reasons to dislike this project that actually make sense.

Wait what? There's more than just the Mech Warrior games? What have I been missing out on all these years?

Was her mother a whore?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_BattleTech_games#Video_games

I especially like the Egyptian/Portuguese mischling magically being a nigger.

I like how they're able to trace their ancestry back to specific countries on Earth.

Some of them are pretty damn awesome and actually more powerful than the mechs especially in Third Succession War era. Tanks like the Demolisher was designed solely to rape Mechs with twin AC20's. Others like the Behemoth is literally like fielding a whole Platoon of Baneblades out of 40k. That's before you get to the Aerospace Fighters, VTOL's, and other combat vehicles around. Hell even some infantry are pretty nasty.

Actually was the whole point why Streaks were developed over SRM's. SRM's tend to cause a lot of collateral damage especially in urban environments. Pulse Lasers as well, since they have a bonus to hit.

Well they are from the Periphery, one that borders the Capellans so I'd add goat into that race mix as well. However the whole "Ancestry" thing is bullshit and the devs putting it in shows them having very little clue about the actual lore. By this stage these people have left Earth over 900 years ago and the only people left on Earth is a heavily militarized telephone company ran by Jews. Their ancestry at this stage is from planet or faction, not Terran history.

sarna.net/wiki/Demolisher

Misses out AT1:BT, the MW2 remake killed off by PGI cause they couldn't have free competition

Well to add to this, there's the Schrek, Ontos, Partisan, Pegasus, Patton, J.Edgar, Scimitar, Saracen, Saladin, Hetzer and Rommel.
In particular of all these the Saladin is pretty nasty, since it's a 35ton combat vehicle that can do 8-12 while carrying an AC20. Hell all the fast movers are pretty well armed and nasty as fuck. Add on the cost of these units to field and suddenly having some Combat Vehicles as part of your forces makes a lot of sense.

Havent you learned the lesson yet? No paying for games until full release (if they are worth paying for that is)

That's how the board game works as far as I know/played

Wow it's like leftists can't make good fucking games and can only shove their opinion down everyone's throat.

And this is why you should play Mechwarrior Living Legends.

You mean MegaMek. MWLL is undoubtedly good, but it's an entirely different genre.

so … no one have parent from the same ethnicity?

dear god is it me or there is some deept "SJW multiculturalism and diversity is good, diversity is a strenght"

Also the game is being published by Paradox so there's even more leftism jammed in and a shitload of DLC on top of it.

Roguemek is better than this shit it looks like they are trying to shovel down our throats
minimek.sourceforge.net/RogueMek/RogueMek.htm

Well actually that last one would be sort of lore accurate

LOL

What's your point?

That outside of MechWarrior the setting has always been trash.

If you are going to talk shit get facts straight user.
>Eventually Catalyst Games since FASA pretty much went fuck this shit and sold out goes fuck it, we'll make new designs to sort this out once and for all
It has always been an issue with solely Macross designs cause Harmony Gold were being Jews and demanding that FASA literally pay twice for the same designs. Designs from Crusher Joe or Dougram were actually not an issue since they did have a license but took them out in case shit started. If FASA was a European company funny enough the Unseen affair would not have started at all because Harmony Gold would have been laughed out of court.

I guess someone in the team didn't drink the koolaid and wanted to be subtle

Ok

Nah, BT is cool.

No they only licensed that shit AFTER they got caught. You're brushing the retardation under the run. Still stands BT is trash

You are making up history there my friend, cause they did have licenses from the original creators. Harmony Gold just wanted to Jew when they made Robotech and because the way copyright went it turned into a legal minefield. They do have licenses to Macross but not to Robotech. You are a complete underage fag if you don't know this.

That's obviously Peggy Bundy from married with children. Faggot.

FUND IT
I want to kill shemale dracs

I thought they stole the original designs, were contacted by the Japanese about them and only then agreed to licensing them.

Nope, the exact history is
>See Battletech using designs and decide to sue them They actually sue a few other toy manufacturers making Macross toys cause they are using the "Robotech" license now. Jewing intensifies
So no, Battletech never stole a single design. They bought licenses that may or may not have expired. Saying they stole anything is just someone acting like a fucking retarded weeb who has no fucking clue what they are on about.
And as I sit here writing my wall of text just noticed that this has already been said:

Our greatest allies were right again.

They are the sole reason you can't really get Macross in the US now, cause they own the IP in US. It's beyond fucking retarded actually. The people who make the original IP can't sell their IP in the US cause someone bought it and proceed to shut down everything to do with it.

US legal system is retarded beyond redemption.

And you expected anything else Goyim?

I don't expect anything any more.

Not really. I've played worse, but I've also played better TBS games. It is a "real" beta since you can only play skirmish vs the comp. You do have choice in what mechs and variants, albeit only some, that you or the computer can use. The AI is either slow and dumb or it turns into skynet and will fuck you up. Damage isn't consistent and instead of actually giving you a number for how much health your mech has its a bunch of squares lined up into a bar. They also implemented a sort of morale system that doesn't make any sense and 9/10 times will fuck you over since the RNG appears to be against you rather than just another force of nature. I know that people are going to bring up the whole diversity shit with the game. Since we can't play the campaign yet, you can't really tell its there or that its really forced. Ok it is because the pilots you can use are all from a different ethnicity and there is a male one and a female one for the same ethnicity. If that bothers you then ok. If it doesn't bother you then ok. You probably won't care since you just want to play video games

We all know that nowadays paid betas are just early demos to get more shekels.

So that's like the board game as well. Im almost sure they'll fix details like that and add a real hp count, but they believe that one can trace his exact ethnicity on the 31st century, they dont seem to have a decent degree of expertise on battletech universe so I dont expect the game to play well or a good campaign. I just want a good base game for modding

Is MechCommander still better?

It's free (as in, legally free), it has user made campaigns and mods and no political agenda shoehorned by a bunch of white cucks and their token nigger.

Also, if you've played Shadowrun you should know HBS have no fucking clue how to make good gameplay.

They dont have to make good gameplay. They just have to adapt the entire ruleset to pc. Anything they fuck up is etnirely their fault and intention, they cant say they didnt get it right or they didnt know how to make X happen, the entire game, mechs, game boards, etc are right there on a pdf they just have to add animations and effects

They're not doing that.
See: special skills, magic hexes, damage and armor values.

Dude, I've made scripted levels for the MC2X mod (has more mechs :)). I know dog.
Are you saying difficulty simply consists of
MISS MISS MISS
instead overwhelming odds?

Well there goes all my interest in the game. Hopefully it's easy to mod and someone does a decent game

Speaking of which, mechcomander 1 or 2 (cant remember) had its source code released, I wonder if I could make a battletech mode on them

MC2 has astonishingly clean, easy-to-read source code.

I miss Battletech games
I want big stompy mechs goddamnit

They actually bought the licensing rights to three animes, spliced them together and claimed they made it. And a judge bought that argument.
That is why Harmony Jew shits all over everything mecha
They even sued Bandai for selling macross models in the US

I could give less of a shit about Battletech if someone could come up with an original IP and revitalize the mech sim, TBS and RTT genres.

Shit, I'd kill my firstborn for a mech sim featuring rollan mechs like in Code Geass or VOTOMS.

Hopefully it will be, or someone cracks it and makes modding a possibility. So far, all you would have to do is drop morale and make the "health bar" into more like the table top.
This needs to be made. Now.

Well then, I prefer mechcom1 graphics but 2 has much more content in mods and better code apparently. How hard can it be to make turns, specific movement locations and the whole battletech ruleset?

That is what really happened iirc. They had a legal license to make a game with anime mechas, something like battledroids but after that they changed the original anime designs a bit and claimed them as their own

go play mechcommander you scrub

Maybe this is off topic, but I don't understand a lot of the self-claimed battletech fans that I encounter. I've been playing mw: living legends the past few years, the community made some shitty updates that drew new people in like flies to shit, and aside from a handful of exceptions, they all seem like they have room temperature IQ. I personally don't care much for the battletech lore or universe, but I appreciated LL as a decent, streamlined mech game, and I felt like with the old crowd we could talk about the game and its mechanics in real terms that we were familiar with, but not really like it was part of battletech (which was good in my opinion since there were a lot of abstractions in LL because tabletop doesn't directly translate to an especially fun shooter), then these new people show up and they preach to the choir about how shit pgi is and how shit MWO is despite having played it for years on end and only showed up to LL because it was new and shiny to them, and proudly proclaiming that they had backed the new battletech game and it's going to be """""""TRUE""""""" to battletech unlike pgi, and spout reddit tier "STOMPEH ROBOTS!!1!XD" "what if they added rotary long toms xdddd" shit and talk about how some pewdiepie-tier eceleb that showed them the game initially is their hero, completely oblivious to how fucking cringeworthy they are.
Have battletech fans always been like this dumb or is this just some newer mwo reject phenomenon?

From my experience, there are some people in LL who at least sound like they know what they're talking about and they've played some games, the rest are as you describe. This is how I picture it:

Imagine you're the average current year kid, all you play are clones of clones of dota and cod. Then you find your favorite streamer plays a weird mechas game and you decide to try it, it's the best fucking thing ever just because it's more elaborated and fun than military fpses or mobas
Then you try to be cool and hip by memorizing a few key words like 'clanner scum' or 'pgi', suddendly you're a hardcore battletech gaymer and a cool kid on the internet. Of course you have no idea of what you're talking about and you think new battletech games made in current year + X will be good, and paying for games you havent even seen yet on a finished state, let alone try it on a demo or something, is a good idea

Battletech was a niche little thing since its inception. Everyone wanted it to be more popular and get more appreciation. Well, it's popular now, see what happens

The people who were into Battletech are now all dead or dying, hell the owner of mechwarrior3.org died 3 years ago and that site used to be a hub for Mechwarrior discussion. The IP itself has been heavily mishandled with the creators going full Games Workshop which pretty much killed the franchise in terms of tabletop. To put it in perspective Battletech used to be as big as 40k and incredibly big in the 90's, now you barely hear about it. Vidya isn't much better cause FASA sold the Mechwarrior IP to Microsoft and that's a surefire way to make sure your IP disappears forever.

So basically a bit of what said. Kids coming in to something they've never heard about and want to pretend they know it all when they know jack shit.
Mechwarrior Living Legends fags to be honest have always been massive cancer and like this. The real oldschool Battletech people died with Mechwarrior 4

Hair Brained Schemes, please leave your culturally enriched bullshit out of my Battletech please.

I don't see a robot/mech thread up, is Assault Suit Leynos 2016 a good game.

The Jew thing isn't a joke, either. ComStar are known for:

Dropped.

WE

The nu Shadowrun guys?
They're making this?

Yes, you can see it by the very simplistic gameplay.
So far, what have they done?
Mech models are from PGI.
Lore and most mechanics are Battletech
Their input = ???

Truth be told I haven't seen gameplay until now.
I can tell now because the portraits look so ugly

DROPPED

wut?

That image is more aimed towards politics, not vidya.

Vidya is political now. Embrace.

and Holla Forums is Holla Forums with video games too, mr. (32)?

also just noticed OP is (1) and done, seems like the shills are already working on it

He's a big shill.

for jew

No, Holla Forums is Holla Forums without video games.

fair enough

The MechWarrior vidya franchise is a true man's game. It has grit, it has soul, it takes itself seriously, it knows what the fuck it's doing. Or at least, it did, until it got past MW4. I played the old DOS game that was nothing but colored polygons and on up through the years. I stopped after 4 because I believe after 4 was created, it got sold the MS, and in true Microsoft style they proceeded to completely shit up a great fucking game series. FASA selling to them was goddamn retarded.

I'm almost 30 now. Anyone a decade younger than me or even younger than that has not even the slightest conception of what a real, true MW game fucking is. Like anything else that gets sold to major corporations and/or becomes mainstream, the culture of the hobby gets diluted and destroyed, and normalfags and plebs come flooding in. MW today is dead, and any rumors to the contrary arise solely because of one or two organizations pulling on the strings of its corpse, pretending it still lives.

Just be glad you haven't seen the new TRO's and new lore they are trying to shove out to repair the damage of what Dark Age did to the franchise. Cause if you think the vidya side is bad, you should see tabletop. It's pretty much gone full Matt Ward

Anybody got a cracked version of the beta yet?

For what's it worth I feel for you.

I wore out my first two joysticks playing MW2. The one thing about MW4 that pisses me off to no end is the implementation of the fucking colored baby's-first-mechlab bullshit that restricted what weapons you could mount.

Actually that is one of the better things that MW4 implemented, since it stopped every fucking mech from being omnimechs and gave purpose to other mechs other than aesthetics.
A Battlemech that's mounting a Medium Laser for example should not be able to replace it with a PPC. Only Omnimechs can really do that.

But you usually can. I mean as long as it's a energy slot large enough and you got the tonnage. But what I remember people mostly bitching about is not being able to boat certain mechs in certain ways which to be fair often had a point. Energy based catapult for example.

But that's nothing what three dozen more mechs and a couple of hundred minor variants of said mechs wouldn't fix.

I'm interested in mechwarrior. Release order or should I skip to a certain entry?

Older games are better but newer are generally easier to get into. Easier to run, too. I'd say pick either MW2, the original Battletech games, MW4 or MC and you won't fuck up.

Get MW3, it's the first true 3D singleplayer mech game and by far the best.

I love MW3 but that game requires a blood sacrifice to not glitch out. And say what you want about 3D but your lancemates didn't have shit for brains in MW2.

Not really, you limit the frames and run it with a loader.

MW2 was probably the very first popular iteration of the franchise as a video game, despite their being a game before it. The webm you see above is MW2. Obviously not much on graphics but a lot on heart.

Mechwarrior 3 was the first "modern" iteration of MW on PC, I think that was released in 99. There's a torrent for the MechWarrior Quadrilogy on thepiratebay, and it has plenty of seeds to grab it in an hour with decent speeds. To play and truly enjoy MW3 with that installer and launcher included in the torrent you'll need to have Daemon Tools installed, otherwise you won't have ingame music (I play without the music so it's not super needed but it does feel a bit emptier). You should also check the box on the launcher that says "use dxwnd" if you want to make sure the game plays properly with graphical glitches.

The default control scheme for MW3 is super inefficient and clunky, and you can rebind the keys in options > controls, but that takes two dozen keypresses to register. Just keep smashing the buttons and it will eventually take. Not sure why. A WASD setup is much better than one hand on arrow keys, one hand on mouse, which requires you to look down at the keyboard anytime you want to hit a key (it was meant for joystick setups, not KBM).

Props to you then. I know that whenever I fixed one thing like the double spacing on the UI - the vids/briefing broke. Fixing that by dicking with the render made physics glitch out like there was no gravity. Fixing that broke my mouse support. An so on.

The only version that worked mostly well was that Catalyst Quadrology repack but that had the added benefit of half my game being in snow runes.

graphical glitches for MW3 are fixed with a hooker program like dxwnd
physics glitches are bound to framerate, so APCs will jounce a mile into the air if you don't have a framrate limiter or something that maintains a steady 30 or 60 FPS.

CPLT-K2 is canon, though

My issue isn't that I want to boat, it's that I see no reason that I shouldn;t be able to mount an AC-10 on the arm that once held a PPC

I see no reason to not allow that sort of cheese in singleplayer games. MW2 and 3 did it right. AI doesn't care if you're all er ppcs and double heatsinks. And if you want to, you can go with one of the default loadouts.

Why'd you think I used that example or said it often had a point? But I'm more for finetuning and leaving distinct mechs feeling distinct. Especially since I'm pretty sure it's lore appropriate that anything other than maintenance and refit generally requires dedicated heavy duty facilities.

It also helps avoid silly shit like stacking AC20s or whatever on your head because it's hitbox is the smallest and if they hit it you're fucked anyway.

Like I said, running one emulation or hotfix usually broke something else. Even with that exact torrent you suggested.

… There isn't crit space in any mech's head for an AC20. At most there's one free crit slot, enough for a small laser or heatsink.

Catapult K2 was added to Mechwarrior IV via the Mekpaks so that's a pretty bad example.

All fine and dandy but then you will never have a reason to pick anything other than a few meta mechs which should also go with what said. "Sure you want to replace that AC-10 with a PPC on that arm on that Battlemech? Sure we can do it, but it will cost 6 gorillion cbills to do it. Wouldn't you rather just have a mech designed then to use PPC in that arm instead? It will be cheaper."

I know but you get the idea. You really get the idea if you tried some of the mektek or multiplayer alternative settings for MW4 And take a look at how MC handled the mechs as opposed to MC2 and it's here's a blank vaguely square shape: git at it.

Or maybe I just like fucking around with minmaxing in a more restrictive system.

Was it? I know it was in one the MekTek releases but I honestly can't remember whether it was in the official dlc.

If you want to minmax, see Star League Royal variants of Mechs. Those are beyond meta and nasty and don't cost a lot to field either. Which is actually another thing you don't really see in Mechwarrior games, true maintenance costs and Battle Value. A lot of stuff you see in game you actually would never see in a million years on tabletop because of how expensive they are to field and maintain, plus the Battle Value would mean if you a brought a Lance of them you'd be facing off against a whole company at least. Then there is also stuff like combined arms aspects, no Mechwarrior game has really shown how nasty vehicles and infantry are, which is why weapons like MG's, SRM's and Flamers are downright essential on tabletop. Mechs which are generally shitty in games like the Firestarter and Awesome are actually some of the best Mechs to field; the former cause it can set fire to trees, cities which slow down movement and obscure your units as well as cook vehicle crews and pilots alive, and the latter because it does something called “Crit Packing” which means it's incredibly hard to kill and one of the few IS mechs capable of going toe to toe with a Clan mech and winning.

Yip.

I'd just like a game that stops at heavy mechs. Be it mostly mediums and lights, even. As for Awesome it sounds like they ported him faithfully then since I'd argue it's one of the best mechs in MW4 without counting some of the mary sue shit. Definitely what I'd give to most of my retarded lancemates to keep them alive.

As for flamethrowers feel free to call me a vanillafag but I really can't imagine my Timberwolf without a couple.

Generally Mechwarrior games haven't been good at showing a need for Light and Medium mechs which is sad cause they are generally the most fun mechs to pilot. Even online you rarely saw them, unless it was stuff like a Team of Assaults vs Light Mechs in MW4 and the Lights would always win cause of the score modifiers. Or MW3 which had such bad netcode everyone generally ran Strider Medium Pulse Laser boats.

Living Legends has some use for lights. Fast so capable of capping points faster and usually much better scouts, packing c3 and shit. Raven prime is invaluable.

There's something really wrong with nubattletech fanbase. If they remove specific hard points everyone would use just one or two mechs, pulse laser boats and lrm boats. Hard points give every mech a specific function and omnimechs were a mistake. That's not to say some mechs are trash and others completely outclass them, it happens when clan trash starts appearing

Lights and fast mediums are incredibly useful in battle when everyone starts buying assault

I never got this meme. Yes, the DPS is better but you're sacrificing mobility and unlike ERs or plain las the damage is usually spread over a much wider area.

I believe in one of the many q&a sessions the devs said there would be a full mechlab for the game, and they also said this game is during the third(?) succession war so there's some hope they'll keep specific hardpoints on some mechs, I imagine things like the locust might be a bit more flexible due to the many variants.

However, I don't know if the balance is going to be thrown out the window because of it. It's totally valid to do a 2 scout (one of the scouts being a medium/ heavy with evasive move for tanking, the light for sensor locking at max range), 2 lrm boat set up. The appropriate counter here would be either the same setup, or ECM, which might not exist. Or, if you have the mechs for it, you could potentially charge down all the lrms and scouts.

eh?

Do you really think Hair Brained Schemed can pull off decent balance after botching it thrice with Shadowrun?

But the burn time for pulse lasers is shorter than regular lasers. It's easier to keep the damage pinpoint with pulse. Plus you don't have to poke as long.

For the pulse lasers to do the same damage as a bunch of regular lasers they need to fire several times, right? And good luck nailing the same spot again and again between trading blows and moving targets.

So I can either fire a las salvo and fuck off for 10 seconds taking evasive actions, positioning myself for the next solution or whatever OR I can stick around and sandblast him. So I figure the las or erlas jousting is both safer and potentially more accurate since you're making your shots count. You also get extra tonnage for heatsinks or whatever.

Oh god I don't even follow Battletech but even I know you niggers are retarded about how FASA got those anime mech designs.

I can't believe you niggers couldn't take 5 minutes of searching to find this out. Goddamn this place is dumb nigger central.

The clans were right.

Yes that is basically what is said except for all the legal fuckery. Kudos for knowing who sued who specifically
Also that leaves it around the 90s, mechs like the battlemaster are currently part of the official battletech packs being produced

Tabletop mechs are presented in variants, where each variant is made according to the mech's capabilities (as in the dont mount a commando with lasers, for example) They made a custom mech creation but merely for fun

Tabletop's rules are not made for a computer game anyway. If that was the case, all ACs would fire at the same rate, aiming for a specific component on a regular mech would be impossible, mechs would try to shut down periodically just by alpha striking once, etc

Good luck keeping your beam on the same spot for the full burn time of a regular laser. I don't see how you can't understand this, a pulse laser does the same amount of damage in a shorter amount of time. That's it.

Is this MWO experience talking? I'm tempted to tell you to fuck off since that's not how either lasers behave in either MW3 or MW4 (or LL for that matter) but maybe you're just used to this shit or something.

To remind you: the main difference between the two is how pulse lasers have significantly lower damage and are slightly heavier for the benefit of much shorter recycle time. They're also arguably easier to manage heat wise. The "burn time" is comparable considering it takes the same second or so for all the pulses to hit. It's also nothing significant if you're used to handling UACs

Yeah that's mwo experience. I just flashed up mw4 and took a look and you're right on that part.

Yeah, I assumed as much. But I still don't understand people that swear by the "classic" pulse lasers, is it just the heat management convenience or is it to help lead the shots for other weapons? Is it a pressure thing? The way LLAS or especially ERLLAS work almost puts PPCs to shame, and stacked MLAS offer one hell of a punch for what's essentially a bargain hitscan weapon.

Jesus christ. Lucas confirmed honorary goddamn jew (like we didn't already know). So removing the 'an' from 'android' suddenly became a super sekret donut steel IP? Lucas should have been shot for even trying to sue for that.

The tabletop also allows you to alter the mechs completely. There's an entire sourcebook expressly for this purpose.

Pulse Lasers have a -1 to hit on tabletop which improves accuracy. To put it simply instead of needing to roll a 4 or higher you only have to roll a 3 for example. Clan Pulse Lasers have as much range as IS ER Lazers while doing a fuckton more damage and in the case of a Large Pulse, weigh less than IS counterparts. There is a reason if you bring any mech to a tabletop match with Clan Pulse Lasers people will tell you to fuck off and refuse to play with you.
In vidya? MW3 Pulse lasers were incredibly nasty and were one of the few ways to reliable hit someone online since you used them in a slashing attack. In MW2 they were literally the only weapon you ever needed and could destroy Assault Mechs in seconds. Clan Medium Pulse in particular in MW2 was just a instant death laser

That's essentially what I said nigga. TCI did have the license technically at the time in the 80's but then lost that license. Doesn't help other franchises in Japan also went through shuffle of ownership.
Doesn't stop Harmony Gold being complete Jew incarnate

If there was to ever be an "accurate" representation of Battletech to vidya in first person, the game would actually play far more like World of Tanks than anything else. You don't "aim" your weapons, you "lock on" to a target and your mech aims for you. Things like heat levels, sensors, gyros, ECM, ECCM, movement, range etc all factor in heavily whether or not you can hit a target.

If the game is fun, user, I will play it.

Why not sell shit in tacoland so burgers cross the border and buy it?

Never played any MW3 multiplayer on account of the old 128 being utter shit and I admit I'm rusty on MW2 but I do believe how MW2 era PPCs were the instant death laser beam.

I actually like the Battletech lore.

Many autistic hours were spent reading the old FASA battletech sourcebooks.

In MW2 PPCs shoot big slow moving balls and generate a fuckton of heat. Lasers work better.

Sure, but when they hit they hit.

It's pretty cool. And thankfully without xenos.

C'mon now.

What I love though is that the Houses are so inept at war that they're heavily reliant of privateers and mercenary units.

It's what happens when Bill Gates was your drinking buddy.

What was batshit is that in MW2 ACs had no cooldown. At all. You could rattle through 100 rounds of AC20 like it's nothing.

A jihadist phone company. What's not to love about BT?

The fact that they had the nuts to call it that was pretty out there. Not something you'd see today.

I don't remember that, but it sounds retarded.

Pulse lasers are incredibly powerful if you know what you're doing in MW3. I remember sitting in science class, in 7th grade, at 12 years old. I created a custom Thor design from memory. I knew all the crits, tons, slots count of the chasses, everything from memory. And I forgot exactly what I put on it, but its main armament was pulse lasers.

I got home, made it in the mech lab, and went through the game melting fucking EVERYTHING. It made the game too easy in fact, I just wrecked a leg on every mech in three shots or so and moved on. ER lasers would have had longer range but too much heat, normal lasers wouldn't have had the damage. Pulse lasers are also much more reliable than other single-shot-cooldown-cycle lasers. The best way to put consistent damage downrange is to have a group of similarly-fired weapons all shoot at once in group-fire, and cycle to another group while those cool down (alternating between a pulse bank and an AC bank in mid- to short-range combat is devastating). With a normal or ER bank, if you miss, that's it. All your weapons fired off, they need to cycle, your damage output was zero, and you now have all this heat you need to dissipate. With pulse, you can constantly correct your aim and achieve more damage more reliably over time, especially if you're trying to salvage a mech. Hitting legs are the most difficult because they move the most, especially on chicken walker types. If you want to make sure you aren't missing your shots with normal lasers, you don't try to aim for legs unless you're close or they're large. Pulse lasers also make heat more manageable because they generate it over time rather than all at once.

Outside of sniping jobs or flank harassment in a light mech, I would prefer pulse over any other laser every time. Mechs are generally so slow and engagements so cumbersome that the time difference between "sandblasting" and trying to take "evasive action" is virtually negligible. Your other laser types only take a few moments to cycle, you won't accomplish shit in those few seconds, and definitely not in anything heavier than a Blackhawk or Shadowcat. I know, I'm playing through MW3 right now. The time it takes to wait for the cooldown to be over for normal lasers is barely enough time to have your mech take a few steps in any direction unless you're in something very light. Which is generally not advised for the campaign, at the very least.

Better, simpler times.

Fucking this, it's so obnoxious and meaningless.

literally no difference

I suspect it was bugged in the base game, I think Ghost Bear's and Mercenaries fixed it.

I do remember ERs not being worth the heat in MW3 or how they fucked with las colours in MW4 but I really can't wrap my mind about their sheer viability being that different between the games. I suspect I'm just about ready for a new MW3 run.

What the fuck is this degeneracy?

mech3mod.weebly.com/

Not as bad as this.

I asked once and I'll ask again: are you physically capable of not being an obnoxious little shit?

If there was any justice in this world (You)r ass would be among the first for the tar and feather treatment.

i cut my PC gaming teeth on MW2 and specifically Mercenaries, and i realize everyone thinks this when they see an old game they used to love, but good God i do not remember it being that hideous. if there was a God, we'd get an HD remaster of Mercenaries. Fuck that game was so good. i remember making a Light MG boat, sprinting into basically melee range, and machine-gunning enemy cockpits to instantly kill the pilot and leave the mech in pristine condition for salvaging, and i felt like a total goddamn wizard when it worked exactly as i'd hoped and i got rich as fuck doing so

Go fuck yourself. At least have the mental capacity to follow the rules you sperging subhuman.

Nigger get fucked, there's nothing in that comic I posted that's against the rules. Except maybe one image which is debatable if it should be spoilered considering it's not really a lewd

Nobody asked for your shit comics.

If it's any consolation they'd probably fuck it up somehow. Take Battlezone HD for example.

One should never apologize for appreciating a high performance machine in action to low effort shitposters.

Say no more.

But we're getting one from Piranha Games. Aren't you excited for their excuse to recycle MWO assets, slap procedural generation on top and try to sell it to your for $60?

Don't you want to play premium for their attempt to turn MWO into a single player shitfest using the same maps, only now with bots?

Do I want to play a new MW game? Very much so, and you can go fuck yourself. Dumb bitch can't even distinguish between play and pay.

Why are you so rude

That's all I used on the RFL-IIC in MW2. I kept the mech stock but upgraded the clan standard to clan XL and added a few additional DHS's with the saved tonnage. Chain firing with 21 DHS's with 4 cLPL's is what I used for the majority of MW2 and GBL.

I just hated how easy it was to shoot off mech arms because of the bugs with the initial release of the game.

I'd absolutely love and would shell out some money for an entire MW:2 and MW:2 GBL modern remake. I really enjoyed Netmech and what it had to offer. Hell, if an indie dev company completely remade MW:2, MW2:GBL and MW2:Mercs with multiplayer support I think it would do exponentially well. It has to be advertised correctly since most faggots into Battletech are now living fossils like the previous OP said.