Now that we're about three months out, what does Holla Forums think about the Nintendo Switch

Now that we're about three months out, what does Holla Forums think about the Nintendo Switch.

I like it. Looking forward to ARMS and Splatoon 2.

Other urls found in this thread:

fenixbazaar.com/2017/05/26/nintendo-switch-sales-exceeding-wii-sales-by-10-percent/
nintendolife.com/news/2017/05/nintendo_is_still_targeting_switch_sales_to_match_the_wii
please
bgr.com/2017/05/26/nintendo-switch-sales-numbers-us-gamestop-earnings/
trustedreviews.com/opinions/nintendo-switch-vs-ps4-and-xbox-one
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimmick
nintendo.com/switch/online-service/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm looking forward to on-disc DLC, scratched low-quality screens, 150 dollar pieces of plastic. But most of all im excited for Nintendos brand new innovative game line up of:

Mario,
Zelda,
Mario cart,
Mario Tennis,
Animal crossing,
Splatoons
Wii boxing 2,

And thats all the games.

If there are no hacks, newer revisions, a cheaper price, or I'm not able to pirate–
Then I don't give a FUCK

What kind of niggerthought is this?

NO MONSTER HUNTER FOR YOU SONY NIGGERS AND XBONERS!

Holla Forumsedditthink

Consolefags are good goyim and waste their money. Come back in 5 years once the whole catalog and a good emulator can run them all.

whole catalog is released*

Needs more games, wait until the holidays and see what's available by then.

There's no way i'm buying another console with paid online.
Also there was nothing wrong with the wii u hardware wise,i will never understand you fags complaining about the controller, it was fine for meara ara wii u tan is still the best of this generation

Who cares it's casualized garbage now.

there hasn't been a good emulator in 40 years tho, please die pc cuck

Definitely needs more games available for it but I'm quite pleased by the actual hardware. Powerful enough to get its job done in handheld mode (if it can support Breath of the Wild then really it can support just about anything worth a damn, and you're delusional if you think Nintendo is the supplier of graffix in this day and age). Ripping off a controller for on-the-fly multiplayer is pretty novel. Kickstand built into it sucks ass and needing a firmware update for SD cards over a certain size was a complete load of hogwash.

I don't expect hardware revisions for a long while yet but when they come I also don't expect them to do away with any of the Switch's gimmicks; they've gone to a hell of a lot of trouble with this thing's development (up to and including merging their console and handheld R&D divisions), so with the "Handheld-only Switch" and "Console Switch" ideas peddled around here I have to imagine the people that post that idea have a few extra chromosomes.

Actual ToS for paid online claim most games will need paid online in some form or other, so I'm holding out to see what the hell that actually entails.

I like it. It does what it says on the box and does it well. It's a little underpowered but that is true of every console ever. The joycons are a bit small and fiddly for my taste but the Pro controller is one of the best I've ever used, and it doesn't have that glossy surface the Wii U Pro controller had.
Being able to play my games on the big screen on a comfy couch is great, and throwing it in a bag to play it while traveling is also great, and the fact the library is now shared across a device that does both (and not on a shitty small screen, even the PSP screen is too small for my taste) means that before long the Switch will have a library that will be the envy of both MS and Sony, since Nintendo isn't splitting development over two platforms. Imagine if the Wii U and 3DS shared a library.
Anyway, it's only a couple of months old and it's already got some good games (albeit ports of existing ones rather than exclusive originals) and the library will only grow from here. And it can survive a fall from 1,000 feet and still turn on, so that's a tick for it in the durability department.
All it needs is more games, and E3 is less than a fortnight away. I wouldn't buy one now though unless you're a Zelda fanatic, because the library is indie-shit and Zelda, with some Disgaea on the side.

tanfaggotry is cancer, especially since it helped give birth to

Begone, nigger, the fat-arsed dog won for popularity. I wanted this one.

I originally loved the N64, original Xbox, original playstation 1 and 2, dreamcast, and many other simple consoles that all eventually got lost or broke for insanely stupid reasons.

after playing PS4, xbox360/xbox one/ wii/wiiu, and on steam, I am filled with anger and frustration and depression and sadness. I am fully disgusted with everything there is to be offered in terms of video games except for the hope I have in FOSS linux gaming.

I had hoped that at the very least nintendo would be cool, but after pokemon Go and amiibo's and all the problems that the switch has, (thank God I didn't get one) I realized that nintendo has gone to the dark side. I thought they would have integrity, but they are shit. they do alot of things right, alot better than they others, but at the end they too are SHIT.

that being said, I'm not buying any fucking consoles ever again because it's like being consoled while being raped in the colon. all I feel when I touch consoles or steam or anything fills me with disgust and bitterness.

ARMS trailer is good marketing, good advertising, but really if you analyze it carefully, you can see just how repetitive the game really is. no depth. just like splatoon. I tried monster hunters and it was boring as shit and had an insane level of depth in the areas of the game I completely didn't give a single shit about, while lacking in depth in the areas I cared about, like the title of the fucking game.

I'm a very experienced customer now with consoles and I have to be clear to you all here, consoles and videogames as a whole have always had shitty games and experiences, but after all these years I can say that there has been a steady but impossible to ignore decrease in quality in videogames and consoles as a whole. yes, idiots still buy these things, but I love noticing giant stacks of Xbox ones completely unsold, untouched in most stores that I go to. same with PS4's.

only game I had any small amount of enjoyement in the past several years was the tank mode from the free 2 play: war thunder, before they completely fucked it all up and ruined anything good it had. Thank GOD I was able to get a refund.

I just don't know what to do, but I hope for great things to happen in the foss linux gaming community. it's the only chance that videogames have. we have to get some good linux distros without systemd (basically the xbox one's kinect nsa backdoor virus but on linux) and make a ton of great games untouched by the taint of money so that they can't get bought out by ea or ubisoft or activision or bethesda/ microsoft/ intel/ google/ apple/ take two (just fucking took KSP)

I hope for the best. fuck the rest.

ARMS is awful. Sluggish punches, bad controls, bad camera. Neat idea with an incredibly flawed execution.

great taste user

I was hoping it might turn into a Vita 2 in Japan in regards to 3rd party support, and it looks like that might actually happen. Nintendo's upcoming games look pretty promising, too. I'm happy with mine.

I am sorry, user.

That's Ubisoft, it's better to just ignore that. ARMS was fun during the Testpunch, Splatoon 2 was fun during the testfire, Super Mario Odyssey looks nice, and I'm a sucker for Monolith Soft.

Your "OC" is still shit, redditfag, quit reposting it.

That one is equally cancer. All "tans" are cancer.

is that a shibe inu, wolf husky!?

Im cool with mine, Zelda held out for me for over 100+ hours, and willing to go again when hard mode releases first time in more than 5 years I actually bought DLC, but really it was part of the package I bought after trading in $350 worth of 3DS stuff I didn't play anymore

Blaster Master Zero was fucking incredible which is totally worth the $10, Honestly enjoy BoI AB+ on the go, just snagged Super Bomberman R for $20 from a Facebook sale, and that's a justifiable purchase at that price.

All in all, if you don't wanna jump now Id wait. Sorta have hopes for E3, but if not thank god for PC and the huge fucking retro backlog I have to play.

tried the ARMS global punch thing, didnt even break my interest, played an hour then deleted it. And yes, I preorder Cave Story + since I adore that game.

That's how it looks so far yeah, i'm still going to hold off for a good long while before i get a switch though. I'm still mad about how fucktarded sony was about the Vita.

no games
I see no reason to care about ARMS or Splatoon 2 and don't get why people are excited for this.
Waiting for Odyssey to be released before even considering.
no Animal Crossing with sex = no buy

Why is Cody making all these shit Nintendo cockgobbling threads?
We know its you you sad cunt

who's cody?

The physical manifestation of all Nintentoddlers.

Cody is the guy blamed for the creation of Nintendo threads for being a raving autist where Nintendo is concerned, typically so by anybody who unironically uses the phrases "Nintentoddler"/"Nintoddler" or "Nintendrone"

Every time I see this thing it looks like there's a shadow of a penis on its face.

I'm only against it if you're actually affecting things, like taxes do. I'm nothing but a lost penny inside a million dollar deliver.
Also, reddit's Nintendo side is against piracy, hard. Try again.

For fucks sake. You don't even know who reddit it, it's nothing but an inaccurate boogeyman. Reddit would lap this shit up like starving dogs because they're conformists who can't insult their favorite company.

It's three months in and most of it's promised content isn't even out yet. Let me know when we're at eight so I can actually give decent judgment on the damn thing.

i want to fuck that switchdoggo

How do I feel about a system I don't own and have never played?
Hmmm
It's going to flop big time.

I'm unhappy with it. I got it expecting to have more reason to play it, except it's been a Zelda and Mario Kart machine. I could have just got a WiiU and I would have had more to play.
Even worse is that the more I've sunk into Zelda the more let down I become.

did you fall for the open world meme too? sad.

I want a new Animal Crossing but now I'm an adult and I work a full-time night shift job, so I might not actually be able to enjoy the damn game because the stores won't be open and there won't be many things to do at 4am in the game.

Its ok if its Nintendo though

Won't get anytime soon I still have my useless PS4 and hopefully ultraman game will be good. Other than that this generation is super shitty.

It's a lot more comfy than I thought it'd be. Even stopping mid game, taking the tablet out and going to take a shit, and continuing the game, it's something I got so used to that I keep forgetting other consoles can't do it.
No fucking games on it, though, but I don't care much. I'm usually busy anyway. That, and I only bought 3 games for my PS4 too, so so far this is just a tiny bit better.

Snipperclips was cute, but fucking expensive for that few levels. There's probably other decent indies, but I never much cared for them.

Splat looks nice, but fuck am I autistic about anything even resembling online multiplayer. Can't stand the shit. Fuck the people, fuck the communities, it's nothing but incessant bitching about "oh i lost with this weapon it needs a buff and that guy beat me with that weapon it needs a nerf lol".
I just want a fun online game, man.

Odyssey looks fun, but not as fun as I want it to be. Maybe E3 will prove me wrong.

I just want Animal Crossing, which is possible, and Kirby, which will probably be announced next year. That, and whatever Atlus' Not-SMT5 thing is going to be.

So basically, some promise, but it's not really worth it right now.

Here to remind you no friends Sony niggers and Xboners that I had friends over, we played Mario Kart 8 and Ultra Street Fighter 2. We all got pumped because when Monster Hunter XX (the game you will NEVER EVER PLAY) we will play the shit out of it!

Were also getting ready to set up ARMS tourneys while you Sony Niggers and Xboners can enjoy all the great local multiplayer games of NOTHING. I bet you faggots don't even go outside.

that's a cute slime!

Mate, my last post was about how I kinda liked the fucking Switch, but even I'll tell you to fucking commit yourself.

Wow man, it's almost like you're trying to be an immature faggot.

nintendo eshop charges stupid amounts of money for old games

It's wii all over again the normalfags won.

(In seriousness IDGAF I don't game on a small screen and Nintendo is irrelevant anyway so whatever).

Why would anyone do that? There's nothing for us there.

t. Nintetoddler/Nintoddler or Nintendrone

Mark, please

Good joke faggot, hows cuckchan?

I got one for my birthday. It's alright.

Hi Mark

True, but to play Devil's advocate, how many companies do you think would agree to license their old games if they're only making a few shekels off of it? Ninty, sure, could charge less for their own games, but then fewer people would buy the other companies' games.
That, and considering that there's retards still buying them, why would they make them cost less?

It's great, I love being able to jump between portable and tv mode at a whim, it just at the moment has a small library, but that's improving quite fast, so I'm not even worried. I think when the Switch is retired it will be the best console in years, and I hope that the Switch's successor has backwards compat, apparently Nvidia's deal with Nintendo is set to last 15 years, that's 3 standard generations of hardware.

They're jewish, not black

It literally has no games

Got any indie shit to recommend, mate?
Snipperclips was cute, and Fast RMX doesn't really appeal to me much.

See

Its literally all its has

Just looking at ninty's own fucking website, I know you're full of shit.

Is it good? Probably not, but considering you said "literally all it has", you're fucking wrong.
Which is why I asked that user whether he knew any okay indies for the thing, cause I don't follow indies.

Re-releases of games we already played are not new games. When people buy a new console, they want new games. Not the same games they already played on the last generation, or could potentially be played on some other console they already owned. Why would you buy a new console if you don't want fresh games that can only be played on that console? Just get something cheaper from a previous generation if your whole fucking library is gonna be remakes.

Better than the furbait for sure

Truly summer is here

A couple responses to that.
One, you pretended like that's the whole library, and that's simply wrong. I said several times that most of that shit doesn't interest me, but it doesn't mean the games don't exist.

And what makes more sense? Picking up Mario Kart on the Switch, alongside other games over the years, or picking up a Wii U, a dead console, for one or two games?
The reason these remakes exist is because no one owned a fucking Wii U. No one played those fucking games. It's brilliant on their part, frankly.

Loads of people owned a Wii U. Like five of my coworkers, that I know of, had one. MK8 on Wii U still has a large multiplayer userbase. And picking up a used Wii U for cheap would be an intelligent decision now that the switch is out because every idiot and their brother is trying to sell their Wii U cheap on craigslist to finance a Switch so they can play the same fucking games they already owned. Plus the Wii U now has a library of at least 18 objectively quality games you cannot get anywhere else (until they started remaking them on the goddamn Switch).

I'm still surprised the youtube video got 5,000 views. fucking faggots

Its amazing you defend the consoles library.

Wew lad kys

I still can't find one.

I couldn't get into cross. The jumping etc and overworld layout. Just didn't have the same feel that the older games had. They should've just expanded the movesets to the existing weapons and slowly introduced new towns like they did in 4, or stick with the same town like in tri with the village building aspect

It will probably end up being what my Wii-u was, a splatoon box, and I'm pretty alright with that.
I'm hoping we get a re-release of the best game of the generation though.

Same but no one I know owns one, odd how that works.

I've never seen one in the wild here in Eurabia.

Do people in North America play these things openly?

no one plays it because no one wants it.
Even my brother's old roommate who has bought every console and "collects" them isn't buying the Switch because he bought the Wii U and feels like he got fucked over.

What the fuck is the reason to even buy this? It only has BotW, which is already better on Cemu. This stupid fucking thing has less game than a launch PS3.

I'm enjoying mine a lot. Everybody is shitting on Zelda for being empty, but I loved Wind Waker for the same reason; a big empty overworld to explore is fun for me. I like seeing a mountain in the distance and spending two hours just running to it, fighting bokoblin and moblin encampments along the way, and then climbing it. I spent so many dozens of hours in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask just exploring every corner of every area. That's fun to me, and hasn't gotten old yet in 30 hours of playing Breath of the Wild. I can understand somebody else hating it, but I don't.

The handheld/console thing works for me for the same reason the Wii U did, because I have a family and when the kids are on the TV I can still play my vidyagames. It's better than the Wii U, because I can walk more than 10 feet from the fucking room without it bitching and not letting me play.

The OS is really snappy, especially compared to the Wii U. With a few games, I can turn on the console and be playing the game in a total of fewer than 10 seconds. The Wii U took like 2 fucking minutes from poweron to playing any game.

Paid online is shit, but at least it is supposed to be cheap. I'll pay the rumored $20-$30 annually if that's what it is. Otherwise I'll just play local multiplayer.

"Scratched screen" and "plastic screen" people are retards. If you use any device that has a screen without a tempered glass screen protector, you deserve your screen to get fucked up. It costs like $5. Get a fucking screen protector, and get one for your phone too while you're at it.

I haven't had communication issues or any hardware issues. That's why I waited a few months to get one, to let all the hardware issues get sorted out. Everything syncs and is snappy. I did the stupid "wrist strap on the joy-con backwards" thing and it's pretty easy to fix without tugging at it like a fucking ape like the guy in everybody's favorite Switch video to spam (where he has the fucking strap lock on to make it look like it's stuck, but he's actually just locked the strap to the joycon and just needs to flip the switch). You just unlock it, and pull it off.

To be honest, I wasn't planning on getting one. My son wanted one and he's been on the honor roll this year, so I decided to surprise him with one. I'm liking it more than I thought I was. I honestly think that most of the people shitting on it just hated the idea or Nintendo and don't care about any of the facts. I was shitting on the Wii U with the rest of you, because I have one. I'm guessing that most of the "Nintendoomed" people here were never going to get a Switch and tried really hard collecting everything negative they could find so they could parrot it forever, and they would have done so regardless of what the console ended up looking like, especially given the shitting on Mark for the sole reason that he "actually bought a Switch", with no explanation other than posting a compilation of a dozen or so hardware failures out of 2 million units sold as if it's an actual statistic.

I do miss the Wii U stick layout though, and am disappointed they went with the Xbox style. Symmetric sticks on top was comfortable, and I vastly preferred that to googly-eye sticks.

The hardware is solid, if you get a screen protector. All it needs is more games. I've got 4 games, and they're holding me over, but they won't hold me over forever. They need to keep this thing pumped with fresh blood, otherwise everybody is going to regret getting one. At least third parties will see the massive demand and probably want to get in on the market, unlike the Wii U which pretty much trickled by on life support. The starting library is small and is mostly multiplats, but that's been the way for almost every new console with very few exceptions.

inb4 somebody spergs out about "reddit spacing" because they don't understand what readability is.

Nintendo IS good for free. There are a few exceptions though, like Kirby Planet Robobot and smaller projects like Harmoknight, Denpa Men, and a few other I can't remember. Very limited pool of games to monetarily support, honestly.

I never said that. I said that retards here jump on hate bandwagons for no reason other than they want to hate something that's popular. Generally it's barely safe to talk about any specific console here without having shitflingers jumping down your throat, and god forbid if you admit to using Steam.
I'm not sure where in my post I was talking about how good Nintendo itself was. All I did was point out what I like about the product. You mind pointing out specifically where I said anything good about Nintendo as a company? I have a sneaking suspicion you don't have a point and are just shitposting.

No is jumping on the hate wagon you fucking retard.
Its amazing how nitendrones have no clue WHY Switch gets shit on. They are obviously trying to relieve the magic that was the Wii's waggle control.
However its not working, its not working with the Switch it didn't work with the Wii U.

All they had to do was release a solid console with good library.
Instead they make an fucking TABLET for gaming that has a huge amount of mechanical and electrical problems which has been repeated by thousands of customers but I should ignore that because your one personal anecdote, and that Holla Forums just totally hates stuff for no raisan when that has always been the claim for the last 10 years when Holla Forums has been critical of anything some fanboy likes.

Its shit, deal with it.

if it gets animal crossing or metroid prime hunters 2 maybe i'll care

Absolute trash console. No real dpad making playing USFII on it pointless, and it's going to have paid online. The fact that Holla Forums still has Nintencucks here is even worse.

I agree about the wii U, but hopefully the switch's success will mean cheap Wii Us will be available in the near future (though the window for that will probably be pretty small)

you're great at moving goalposts, congrats.

LEAB NINTENDO ARONE!11111

user. If someone doesn't snap out of the infatuation with Nintendo now. It's too late to safe them.

t. ex Nintendo fanboy

it's ok, it'll end up being "that one console you want to go with the pc" just like the wii u was.

well before cemu anyways.

What? I thought they released a handheld/console hybrid.

Why? Why isn't it working? You need to substantiate these statements. I think that outselling the Wii counts as "working" as far as they're concerned.

The console is solid. The library isn't yet, and whether or not the library is good will determine whether it's worth getting later on.

Thousands? 9999 failures out of 2 million units sold is a failure rate of 0.5%, which is exceptionally good. That would be better than the Wii's failure rate. You do understand why statistics are important, and why both your anecdotal evidence and mine are both worthless, right? You're presumably an adult, you should have learned this shit in high school.

Look, I don't know what the fuck you're on, buddy. You still haven't substantiated any of your claims, or even pointed out why you don't like it, other than "there are tons of hardware failures, I'm sure it's a significant amount" and "Hurr durr tablet" shit like it's any more valid an argument than it was against the touch screens of the DS or Wii U. Why does having a touch screen make the Switch bad? If it was the same thing without a touch screen, would that be better, or are you just against the idea of a handheld game system in general?
You need to substantiate your assertions with actual arguments, because you haven't done it once yet.

While the Wii U was shit and only had 20 good games, rounding upwards - - at least it had a plan.

The Switch is just Russian Roulette with a belt-fed LMG.

Do Wii U games work on Switch?

It took a while for the "NINTENIGGERS WILL ACTUALLY DEFEND THIS!!!!" shitposters to show up this time.

Just post dog alteady

No. The Switch does cards and download games (I'll be surprised if any games are available as card only and not downloadable). It has no optical disc drive. Even if it did, it's a completely different processor. The Wii U had a Power processor, and the Switch is ARM. There's no reasonable way a Switch could run Wii U games unless you port it manually from the source code, and that could be a lot of hard work, as the Switch doesn't offer the same graphics APIs that the Wii U did (though it gets easier depending on how well you've modularized your code. If you kept your rendering code well-contained, it could feasibly be only a few weeks work).

It must be pretty easy considering that Wii U ports make up 80% of its current library.

Its a gimmick, doesn't provided nearly the same level of portability or convenience of a handheld and performs like shit even worse then a console.
Therefore the only reason they would do something like this is because its "different" and if you make a product you are trying to get others to buy solely based on doing a thing differently, then its a fucking gimick.

HAHAHAHAHA
It outsold the Wii U.
And you are living under a rock if the performance of the console as well as its technical problems is new to you.

A console that can't sustain stable FPS on one of its flagship consoles that also has no additional performance boost when in the dock actually HURTING performance when it has to go on a T.V?
You're bragging about it selling more then the Wii U, a console you probably argued 2 years ago was doing fine.

You fags are so defensive, there is absolutely no reason NOT to shit on the console at every possible moment, its going to be a wild ride on this trainwreck.

I wish it was a trainwreck, it's going to be a slow, steady ride full of boring "play it safe" business moves and gimmicks. It's a portable Wii strapped to a gaming tablet.

You contradicted yourself.
Emulating tablets isn't a safe business move at all, every major company except Amazon has gotten fucked by entering it.
Nips make business decisions by throwing asian highschoolers dressed as darts at another asian school girl dressed as a dartboard.

You're talking about the company who "revolutionized" gaming by introducing motion controls to the mainstream, something nobody else has done to an extent such as big as them. Their gimmicks WILL work, and others will follow them, like sony and Microsoft, and make them the norm.
Nintendo has been the gimmick company since the Wii, then the Wii U was basically a proto switch.

Has anyone else upgraded their doggo?
I'll write a guide for this eventually

Hey! You can be the first person to CUM ON YOUR SWITCH!!!
Do it!! Cum on your doggo!

Just like it worked with Wii U? How did virtua boy go?

The Wii worked because it had a solid line up of games on launch, massive marketing hype, and it did motion controls WELL ENOUGH, if you remember which you probably don't because I'm guessing you were in elementary school, they released the WII Pro, because many games couldn't work because lack of precision with the controls.

The Wii also fell out of favor for the MASSIVE amount of shovelware, which is why Nintendo became so anti-third party.

It has gotten to the point I know more about nintendo then Nintendo fans.
Nintendo has a long history of trying new things that rarely amount to any improved quality in gaming.

Honestly? This entire generation has just pushed me farther into /vr/.

You say that like touch screen and waggle weren't.

Works for me. It fits in my pockets without an issue. Not sure why you've been having trouble.

What? It performs better than the XBone, and better than the Wii U, only slightly worse than the PS4. You'll really have to explain what you mean here.

There's no other reason to buy a game console than gimmicks, you dunce. Otherwise everybody would just get PCs.

fenixbazaar.com/2017/05/26/nintendo-switch-sales-exceeding-wii-sales-by-10-percent/
nintendolife.com/news/2017/05/nintendo_is_still_targeting_switch_sales_to_match_the_wii
please use archive.is/technology/2017/may/24/nintendo-share-price-switch-sales-games-wii
bgr.com/2017/05/26/nintendo-switch-sales-numbers-us-gamestop-earnings/

It's like you don't fucking know how to use Google or something.

That's not a statistic, you fucking retard. I've been using the console without performance or technical problems, so I'm not going to buy that it's as widespread as you claim without some hard evidence, something more than a video of a dozen failures or your word that it's so common and I just have to "trust you" or something. You're not going to insult me into believing things you just pulled out of your ass without evidence. Bring me a failure rate. An actual number I can use. "thousands" is useless, and videos are useless when everybody who has a failure is going to be recording and uploading it, not to mention the joycon syncing issue which is fixed in all current models.

Is this English? What is your first language? I'm assuming you're trying to talk about Zelda's frame drops when the console searches for updates, but I have no idea if that's what you mean.

You're not even pretending like you're actually reading my posts anymore. Again, hate bandwagon. You don't give a shit about facts, you just looked at the name of the company and decided you hate everything they've done regardless of pesky things like "reality".
At least you'll be gone in the fall.

Waggle yes, touch screen no, there were tons of games that were improved or had mechanics with the touch screen.
Same with the second screen on the DS.

No it doesn't
There are many reasons to buy a console when your a underage or a retard who can't into computers, there is no reason to buy this travesty.

At launch it sold 2 million units which is as much as 20% of total wii U sold.

No one is getting on the hate bandwagon its a shit console, and you're having a come apart because some nigger online is identifying shit when he sees it.

Can you show us a picture of your pants? I'm curious about the size

Depends how old you are I guess. If you're not an adult the portability may be appealing, otherwise it's just yet another underpowered $200 buy in, for like 10 games.

Still better than xbone or ps4 which to my knowledge have 0 and 1 games worth playing.

Touch screen is a gimmick. It's a gimmick that worked, but still a gimmick. You seem to be misunderstanding what the word means. "gimmick" isn't a bad thing, it just means something that is designed to attract a lot of attention on its own. Rumble was a gimmick. 3D was a gimmick when it was first done. All "gimmick" means is something that attracts attention over competitors.

Are we doing this now? Yes it does.

You could actually read the links I've posted.

Again, what makes it a shit console. You've given nothing specific, and I strongly suspect that you have never touched one.

You don't know what the term gimick is.
A gimick is something different that adds nothing that is marketed as something that adds a lot.
If it actually adds to something then its not a gimick, its an asset.

King of the hill has a wonderful episode about lawnmowers which nails this subtle difference between the two.

trustedreviews.com/opinions/nintendo-switch-vs-ps4-and-xbox-one
No it isn't the level that you will lie to pass the console off as decent is amazing.

Said post a pic of your pants with the switch in it, lets guess the size of your waist fat ass.

jesus christ

I asked first and I didn't buy a switch

I'm a 30x36

Can you fit a switch in your pants and what size are they?

Sure. These pants have smaller pockets than most of mine do, but it still fits. My other pants fit it better, and it doesn't peek out, but if I was actually on the go, I'd probably separate the joycons before stashing it, so the sticks aren't rubbing on everything, and I'd probably prefer to stash it in a bag. The actual console portion is about the size of my phone. It's only a little bit bigger than a Nexus 6.
I don't take it outside much. Sometimes I'll take it to the office so I can play on my break, but not often. Usually if I'm playing it off the TV, it's because one of my kids is using the TV.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimmick

Man, your English is horrible. I'll concede that I was wrong about this, though. I'd gotten different information.

30 inch waist. Feel free to judge.

Do you not remember the "Ultra 3D" shit during the SNES era? The Saturn's "3D" games? You didn't think I meant the 64, did you? If you remember early video game 3D, you remember when it was a gimmick.

Cool concept, but not enough good exclusive games yet for me to give a shit. Also the thing is apparently built with cheap materials that break and scratch easily. Removing Miiverse was stupid, I had fun shitposting there. Also lol at paid online.

And judging by the background you live with your grandparents and probably 19.

Alright user! Now pull down your pants and show us that juicy ripe cock
Anaconda.webm

At least he's white, or asian?

the saturn was a better console than the last 4 nintendo consoles combined, and has great early 3D art work. You are just a plebe.

doesn't that put stress on the stick inside the pocket?

also supporting request

So? I judge peope based on their faggotry level, a majority of memes and board terms here derive directly from nigger culture.
Which goes back all the way to the beginning.

Watch a durability test video.
Also while I usually like CrowbCat, that video foolishly acts as if those issues have plagued a ton of consoles, rather than being the usual amount isolated issues.

Every Single Switch Thread:
>Mario+Rabbids LOL post

Yes, I was wrong once.

It fits comfortably in my pants when I remove the analog sticks. I was trying to give a useful picture for the other user who asked. I'm not going to change to my good pants for a picture. It's about the size of my phone with the joycons removed.
Nice "I bet you're lying about owning a house" though. It is impossible, after all, to buy a house with wood paneling in your mid 20s, right? It was built in the 70s and I can't be assed to pull all the paneling off and paint the room, and the wood doesn't bother me much.

It doesn't push the stick, but I wouldn't walk around with the joycons on unless it was in a bag or something, because it probably would put stress on the stick with the console shifting in my pocket.

The only time I play it "outside" is when I occasionally play it on my break at work. I've played Fast RMX with coworkers a couple times in the break room.

Too much of this thread is now focused on me now, so I'm going to dip out. Thanks for the fun and the shitposting, friends.

I got to give you props for actually showing a pic but in your original post you say you have it in your pocket without issue but now you say you have to take the joycons out and you'd probably prefer to stash it in a bag.
I don't believe that you have something bigger than a nexus 6 in your pocket and not bother you but I guess that's just me

Most of my pants have bigger pockets, but I do intentionally get pants with large pockets. I wouldn't leave the joycons on, and I didn't claim that I would; I just figured the picture would be more illustrative if I did, because then you could see exactly how deep it is, and extrapolate what it would look like with the joycons removed. I had another picture with the joycons removed, but it just looks like my pocket, so it's not worth posting.

Its not that you were wrong its that you repeated a claim several times without every looking it up to see if it was correct.
No the board games on the bottom, the playing cards, the book stand and the books on the shelf give it away.

you are 14

How could anyone legitimately be excited about repurchasing games they already own just because it will then exist on their new shiny toy?
Also your precious BOTW is a WiiU port

Except it is fucking impossible if you just come out of college at 24 and with an entry level job, most people i know are buying their home now in their early 30's

I'm really surprised still so many people actually bought it. I was sure this time Nintendo blew it for good. I'll never understand what the deal is with Nintendo fans. It's like they're under some sort of hypnotic spell. What are they seeing that I'm not? I just see these piles of plain, boring, re-recycled shit, and this strange group of people completely burying their faces into it in pure delight, acting like they're privileged for getting to eat it all up.

They also are retarded when it comes to dressing themselves this nigga wearing a red shirt over a blue T-shirt.
Everytime I scroll up to look at his pick I see some shit that pisses me off.

Are you really trying to claim that people in their 20s don't play board games, play cards, or read books? Either your friends are shit or you are a kid who has no idea. I mentioned that I have kids too. My kids like Harry Potter, which is why there's a Harry Potter book stand. I'm really confused why you think that owning books or board games means that old people live in the house. Maybe you can explain this one to me. Did you really just stop playing board games when you became an adult?

Got a programming job at 20 after my first semester of college, and after 5 yearly raises, I'm at $68k salary now (started at $20k). You'd have to be a fucking chump to not work while doing college. Coming out of college at 24 into an entry-level job is fucking stupid.

It's my day off. I'm not going to dress up nice to spend my day relaxing at home. Feel free to keep getting pissed though.

No I'm taking the piss, I would be better IF YOU WERE UNDERAGED, because your showing the mental maturity of a 16 year old.

You're taking the piss about what? You were only pretending to think that only old people play board games, or you were pretending to be upset about my clothes and the walls of my den?
As long as you're having fun, I suppose.

But what's most telling you are doing the most to prove you're one of the big boys.
Nigga when people accuse me with underage I just roll with it because everyone who isn't underage WISHES they were.
Unless they are 18-19 they then are pretty satisfied during the high of being in charge of themselves.

its so small. its ridiculously small. what the fuck its like im holding a baby. this is the entire console. but i forget how small it is when im playing it on the tv. im scared of scratching the screen, just like a real baby.
well, i think my switch has better pads in the dock than the first waves, but i should probably still grab a screen protector if i plan on ever taking it anywhere. i kind of dont though.
im just using the joycon grip. its more comfortable than i thought it would be. im not a huge fan of the "dpad" if you could call it that. i wish it came with a "charging grip" but the battery life seems really good anyways.

the dog is hilarious, but the unofficial mascot should be "nintendo's witch". maybe ashley or maple or maybe an oc, but a witch in any case. shame im not a drawfag

Alright, buddy. Sure thing.

wish i were younger. my joints hurt and im sleepy all the time. i dont wanna pay bills.

THESE GODDAMN KIDS ALSO WON'T GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD

You should exercise more. I was getting back and knee issues before I was 20, and lifting and running helped it get better. It's supposed to give you more energy, but I don't feel any less tired on a normal basis. I miss being able to play vidya until 4 AM and then wake up perky at 8 AM. Now I sleep 10 PM and wake up at 8 still tired and have to go to work.

Autistic and underage, come back when you grow pubes you're only half ready.

You should proofread your posts. It's pathetic that not a single one of your posts has actually been without a grammatical error of some sort. I thought it was just an innocent fuckup at first, but you legitimately type like a 12-year-old girl.

Webm related.
Puyo Puyo Tetris, the MK8 port, and Splatoon 2 all look nice but I haven't got one. Not yet, anyways.
And yes, three months out still counts as "at launch."

Also why can't I click on a post number without it opening a new fucking tab, anymore?

Is there any doubt?
Check the E3 thread

do whatever you can to make sure you get a restful sleep too. i got a 20 dollar memory foam matress topper recently and it makes a world of difference.

i wasnt joking, it sucks getting old. whoop de doo i can drink alcohol. i wouldnt need to if i were younger.

Oh, my knees sometimes hurt but I walk with a slight limp so I always attributed it to that.
I'm finding out I have an alchohol problem, I can't stop myself when I start, and I black out.

When I was younger I could drink and thought I was just one of those people who could drink like a fish, I think I've actually hurt myself long term because I don't think my body can process the liqour anymore.

Brand loyalty, thats all there is to it

Crowbcat is a cuckchanner that regularly uses Reddit, you do know that right?
Thats been known for years now

Truly cancerous, how does this shit even get started? Lack of religion to latch on to? Lack of greater sense of purpose?

Meant

Who cares faggot, you judge the worth of a video on its video itself not who makes it.

The Nintendo Switch needs software. I'm not just talking about games. Nor am I talking about Youtube or Netflix apps. Mostly QoL stuff. Switch needs to do with it's GUI such as having a default setting that shows the all games page not what's recently been played. And Switch needs different themes for their GUI (thouh let's face it, Nintendo will just jew-out themes like 3DS).

Switch also needs a way to communicate with friends outside of third party social media. I don't want a Miiverse community (though that would be a nice luxury). I want private self-moderated rooms in Switch that can be private or public by host's will.

Also Switch needs to have different joycon designs. I'd like a joycon pair based on a Nintendo Gamecube controller since we're never going to get Gamecube adapter support for Smash Bros.

This is a comfy picture

Remember a really fun game you loved when you were younger? Maybe a few of them from a company? It's like that.

What? I loved plenty of games and knew plenty of "good" companies back then, doesnt mean I support them now or like the garbage they peddle. I would be fine if nintendo went down in flames.

Put sharpie in pooper and seal the deal

Trust me, you wouldn't like to see that.

i guess satan would know about what i dont want

It's still waiting on games. Bomberman is fun (and it's great to be able to pop off a controller, hand it to someone and play with them when you're just sitting there and they've sidled over to watch. Zelda is great fun, but WiiU can do it (and by extension, be emulated) and there's no nice way to put this; it fucking chugs the battery when you play zelda, runs out of battery in what feels like four or five hours playing it. It's good, but it needs more games badly.

Boatloads of marketing and peer preassure coupled with fond memories of past experiences that are usually exploited by the company thats only the company by name with none of the past employees or plans.

The user I replied to did and the NuDoom vid was fucking awful.

Saved

for those that played the testpunch, is it worth buying this system just for arms & splatoon 2?

Oh hey, a Switch thread. Quick question: I went online for a system update, but ever since, it bugs me to update my games to the latest version. Is there any way to turn this off permanently? I have no desire to do this unless I'm getting DLC, I'd rather play my games as they were shipped.

Arms has promise, but don't expect anything of the alternate gametypes. Or at least the ones from the demo. They're all flawed or fucked in some way and you know there's no way to get feedback to Nintendo.
Personally I think you'll need at least one other game on the horizon to warrant it. Otherwise wait.

IT IS FUN TO TAKE MY SWITCH TO WORK AND PLAY MARIO KART WITH MY CO WORKERS

IT IS ALSO FUN TO NOT HAVE TO STOP PLAYING VIDEO GAMES WHEN I HAVE TO TAKE A SHIT. I CAN TAKE THE FULL GAME WITH ME WHICH PC NOR PSPOOR NOR XBONE CAN DO

Enjoy pink eye you degenerate faggot.

Indian IT Fachkraft detected.
or how they say
POO IN LOO

Poop particles travel through air, how the fuck do you think you could smell it?

Guess we should start pooping blindfolded then

He doesn't poop while wearing a blindfold
Enjoy your cataracts

As long as Nintendo is around there will be censorship.

I like that you knew that.

No, because I have a pro controller, and I kind of feel bad that I brought that pro controller a week before they announced the Splatoon 2 pro controller, it's not like I can have too much pro controllers though.

disable your online? why wouldn't you want to update your games?

it's still an under powered, gimmicky, overpriced console. you're better off saving all that money from amibo shit, useless plastic accessorys, and monthly subshit, and buy yourself a fucking computer.

Nintendo specified some things about paid online

nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

Right up until you start jonesing for Nintendo games, since the Switch won't be emulated for a long time due to not following the PowerPC architecture like the previous three home consoles.

I can already see the defense force going "they dont charge as much as microsoft!".

you're late by months, retard

It's more of a grim acceptance than anything on that but yeah you're literal months too late for that. I do notice they pushed paid-online's start back from "late '17" to sometime in '18 now though.

Corporations sell themselves very hard on being "a part of your community". It's like in the old days how you family would patronize a particular miller or smith or what not because your dad knew his dad and your grandpa knew his grandpa and so on and so forth. Corporations have just tapped in to that natural human urge (or even need) to get past your defenses to sell you shit.

Wasn't aware of the pricing before, just their plans to make the switch paid online after a certain time

That's fair enough but I'm still gonna bully you over it

Yeah. A lot of people came here from that shithole due to hotwheels advertising. It's a breath to fresh air being in this site. The honesty is brutal, but it is SO GOOD.

The Nexus 7 was released in 2012, had better hardware, a better screen and a larger library of games and sold for half as much (and you could buy fancy Bluetooth controllers to compliment it, hook it up to your TV, jailbreak it and hook up a HDD to it).

The switch is overpriced garbage with parts from an old Chinese warehouse that Nintendo was happy to find, but now that they have run out of crappy old parts they are having trouble meeting the demand. There are no standards with Nintendo manufacturing (just look at the random 3DS screens out there).

Nintendo fans deserve this shit for being stupid.

The Nintendo Switch has been tested to survive a 1000 foot drop on a concrete surface.

Everything you say about it's supposed lack of quality is wrong and shit.

Please go breathe in exhaust from car fumes until you lose consciousness.

Nigger, I looked up that shit and the 2012 Nexus had a bloody Cortex A9 and a pre-Tegra Nvidia GPU. That shits nowhere near in the same league as the Switch

You actually are Cody aren't you?

You're fucking retarded if you think anything posted that isn't shitting on Nintendo is made by one person.

I have a Nexus 7 right next to me, and no, it isn't close to being on par with the Switch. I know people like to shit on Nintendo, but at least shit on them for their very real crimes instead of using inaccurate information where you end up sounding like console-war shit-flingers.

$20 a year is too much, but it's not as bad as the rest. And if the rumours of the Netflix-like back catalogue of VC-games-on-demand-with-online-multiplayer is true then it's sorta decent.

hi cody
hows life as a mindless nintendrone?

I went to Kotaku for this

Thanks user, but you should never have gone to that effort. No one deserves Kotaku inflicted upon them.

I'd rather the service be cheaper and an additional netflix like subscription to classic games become the standard for accessing classic games, even if you have to subscribe to individual consoles.

It's ok i guess, console froze a couple times. Other than that, Zelda is pretty good but feels a little underwhelming. Also have Blaster Master, but really all the games there are either wii u ports, NeoGeo games, and some indie shit.

Is there an 8ch discord friends group? Voice chat with friends only is going to be kind of quiet if I have no friends that own a Switch.

NOT BUYING. FUCK YOU NINTENDO. FUCK YOU SO MUCH. I WANTED TO HAVE FUN. NOW I HAVE NOTHING. FUCK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH

Do it user. I believe in you. I do wanna see it.

might as well have said

shit thread. kill yourself

No. Go to 4chan for that.

People are actually saying $20 is too much for online? That's literally $1.66 a month. You can buy a liter of soda for more than that, cripes. It's no-brainer territory for me. My biggest concern though is what effect this will have, if any, on the Virtual Console. I don't want a subscription service unless I have access to literally every VC game they've managed to port to the Wii U and 3DS so far; online for SMB3, Balloon Fight, and Dr. Mario just aren't worth it. Honestly, patched-in online for almost any game isn't worth it (except maybe Custom Robo or Mario Kart 64). I just hope they don't do the incredibly dumb thing of removing the ability to just buy the games you want off the Virtual Console.

Hahaha cuck

But I've not gone to 4chan in years, I don't know what's hip there anymore.
Is joining a discord group to play vidya and nothing else considered being 4chan now? I thought that was just for public steam groups.

Needs more worthwhile games, because there's no way in hell I'd pay 300 dollars just to play spla2oon and ARMS.
I do like that they've effectively ditched motion control bullshit.

People will always bitch about having to pay for things, but there's a point here to be made: just what exactly are you paying for. 20$ a year isn't actually that much but if you're not gonna play many games online, it does look like a rotten deal. I sure expect at least games from the 2 previous consoles available as well or I'll probably not bother with it.

It's just another purity-test faggot that thinks "being Holla Forums" is all about not being something else and actually believes there's these traits you can exhibit\not exhibit to signal where you are from.

Nevermind that no community about not being X never survived long since they are all about nothing, nevermind that just saying "gas the jews, shoot the nigs and deport the spics" doesn't "make you Holla Forums" by any standards (but seems enough to fool Holla Forumstards) and nevermind that people should care more about the quality of discussion than the quality of the game discussed.
But what the hell, it's an imageboard so let's not take things too seriously :^)

By the way, is ARMS really that good? Still have to try the testfire but it's always brought up in every thread almost as much as Spla2oon. It looks like a generic fighter but with a twist for the character's weapons, just how fun is it for someone that enjoys Guilty Gear?

They didn't, you can still use the controlers for motion. Driving in Mario Kart can be done by steering the controller, some puzzles in LoZ can be handled with the controller to move platforms and you can even aim with it.
It's actually not as good as the Wiimote since that one had a clear front and the cursor didn't actually moved your camera unless it was far enough to the sides.

The Chinese mmo might get localized soon since tencent is planning on expanding overseas.

Isn't the global testpunch on in an hour? Try it out and make your own opinion of it! It's free!

Welp, I'm assuming it's over and that's why "the servers are undergoing maintenance".
Got to recap with the Direct while downloading it, tried the tutorial and manage to do a single fight against a bot.
Funnily enough, I can still start the game and hear the music in the main menu (which is pretty catchy)
Thanks for the reminder though, user. Almost forgot about it today.

It seems to be essentially "gimmicky motion controls" done right. I don't really buy the meme about "thousands of combinations!" but overall it seems fun and it surely breaks the formula away from traditional fighters. I'm not an expert but it does seem like there's room for a bit skill ceiling there for professionals and plenty of different gamemodes to break the monotony without detracting too much from the base game.
Let's see everyone's opinion tomorrow after the final tests.

I want one but it's impossible to find anywhere. Who at Nintendo thought the limited releases were a good idea?

If you leave it on the pre menu screen it has an attract mode, I just think that's cool since I don't remember the last game that had an attract mode.

why is every1 pickin on nintendo? they never did anything wrong and they make really kool games

Das rite

I like Nintendo's games. The Switch needs more games. That's it.

WE WUZ INNOCENT AND SHIEEEETT

Dey just silly boyz what dat liek dem carz gaymse and football vydia. Don't mind them, gurl, they are just bullys who dont deserve your love and attention.

I think a lot of people are just waiting for WiiU to breath it's last so they stop fooling around and just let us get that entire game library on a console that's far better in every aspect.

wait $20 a year and you get full access to a library of all classic nintendo games?

that sounds pretty good

Reading on the link, they say you'll be able to download them but don't say if they are free or if you have to pay for them, but by ommission they usually mean it's free, I think.
They also say those games are enhanced with "online play", so if any of them is multiplayer, I guess that means you'd be able to play them with other people?

I still wish it was free but it's better than the other online services
hopefully it means higher quality servers/connections in their games, too. Sure seemed stable enough in the arms testpunch.

Angrily replying to people claiming you are someone else only gives them more fuel to keep accusing you of being that person, now, surviving that drop is only a case for the hardware durability, not precisely the software, policies or the quality of the games, I like nintendo and I like the switch, but even when you like things you must look at them objectively.

I bought it for Zelda since I didn't buy a Wii U.

Zelda is shit but the console itself has potential. Handheld vs. TV mode didn't seem that noticeably different and it seemed super easy to take places, dock and all if you wanted to play with friends. The Joycons on the grip are suprisingly comfortable, the joycons seperated are unsurprisingly uncomfortable and I doubt I'll convince any of my friends to play MK with them, because it's either that or shell out 80 fucking dollars a pop for glorified wiimotes with "HD Rumble". From what I've played it's literally no different than the rumble feature that every controller has ever had, R&D wasted their money on a stupid gimmick again, except this time the gimmick doesn't even work and is stupid to begin with.

Most importantly though, this thing needs games, it has fucking nothing but ports and indie games right now, large droughts were the Wii U's biggest fault, and the same seems to be happening here, with Nintendo limiting availability to hide the fact that there are at a maximum 2 actually exclusive games one of which is a new, untested IP, and the other is still a month out. Unless they drop bombshell after bombshell at E3, announcing truly exclusive games (not just ports) releasing from August-November, they're screwed after Splatoon.

TL;DR: Has the potential to be the Wii U, but with actually intuitive function but the release schedule is giving me Wii U launch flashbacks

The only thing of interest is how real this boob physics game will actually be.

You mean games that were already on the internet for free? What a "deal"!

You can also buy some "wheels" adaptor to stick the controller in if you want to steer it in Mario Kart, which is actually pretty fun.
Currently of note there's only Zelda and Mario Kart, with Splatoon, ARMS and Mario Odyssey in the distance. That's 5 games already but at 50$ each, the console is still far more pricey than they are.
Personnaly, I'm just waiting for eventual retrocompatiblity with WiiU by digital means so I can play the games I missed. That alone would pay up the console.

Also this. If this game sees decent sucess on the Switch, maybe Nintendo will stop treating it's playerbase like children.

Not really an argument. Almost every game and system is free since you can pirate and emulate it by your logic, but that would mean games that still aren't available like Dishonored 2 would be the only games worth anything in the market. Seriously, piracy is not a valid argument for comparison.

I think Nintendo knows it's audience: normalfags/hipsters/children/manchildren/nostalgiafags

People bitch about Halo but Nintendo is still whoring its 80s franchises around. It prints money.

Nope, it still notifies me when I disable. Never seen 'em pester me about it before the Switch, was always voluntary. I don't update because it's not the game I paid for. It's a matter of principle. You wouldn't understand if you grew up digitally.

That doesn't even make sense. I understand not updating for the sake of piracy, but game patches fix problems and add content. For example, Bomberman's patch doubled the FPS in multiplayer, added 4 stages, and removed lag. That's a good difference. Patches are why companies don't have to print off new revisions of a bugged game.

I updated Smash for Wii U. Even got DLC for it. Decided to wipe the slate clean and start my save from scratch. Big mistake - once you update, the system won't let you play the game un-updated (unless you reset factory settings, presumeably). Bullshit. At least I got content out of it, but I don't want to be put in that situation on the Switch. I'd rather not update if I can help it, unless there's some substantial content. Could care less about the new-age virtues of daily patching or whatever.

Did you delete your old save-data or did you try to play the game again after removing update data? If the latter then you were trying to play a save-file that made use of update-materials and so was a no-go.

You can keep your shitty movies

Both, believe me. All I know is that games like Breath of the Wild have like fifty updates (one of them breaking a valued arrow trick) and I want no part of it until they get their shit together with new stuff.

Fuck it.

The actual content of the DLC is in the update; the DLC download is just a key that makes the character/stage/mii outfit selectable. This is so everyone can play against everyone else online without breaking anything (not having online in a competitive game is suicide whether or not you personally use it). So someone who bought Cloud can play with someone who didn't, and fighters behave the same on both copies of the game. Also Zelda only has two updates. Nintendo won't just leave known bugs in a game just to appease people who can't understand why fixing shit is good.

Sage because we don't need five or so nearly identical Switch threads. Seriously, they're all the same shit.

Well, I guess it's a compromise having such shit specs and the plastic is resistant enough for a fall.

Please, we are no longer on cuckchan. The first thing newfags notice when they check my youth's games, is how fucking simple they were. It's hard to explain how sophisticated Doom 1 was, when you have to describe how progress is strictly linear keyhunts and you can't even aim up and down.

I like ps+ though since I've gotten a pretty decent library of games for just 60$ a year. Like shit a month or two ago I got EDF for my ps3.

where are they going with this, and whats next?

…What, uh, what did that have to do with anything with what I said? Pic related.

Fine, there are currently five version releases (six if you count 0.9.0 on Wii U). At this rate, it'll be fifty by the time the first round of DLC comes out.

Making it so that you can't collect as many arrows as you want from Bokoblins = killjoy. It's like the latest revision of Metroid Prime - sure, it "fixed" sequence breaking and that's "good", but that's also code for "we're forcing you to play the game our way" and "how dare you have your own fun". Kinda defeats the purpose of the game being one's personal experience, wouldn't you say?

A simple "can't help you" would've sufficed.

Outside of Splatoon and Arms there goes the chance of anything interesting getting released this year

The Definitive Switchpost of Truth

If you already owned a Wii U and purchased a Switch to play MK8 Deluxe or Breath of the Wild, you are the cancer killing gaming. Promptly remove yourself from the gene pool. Even if you didn't own a Wii U, you can buy one from craigslist that probably comes with a library of first party titles for $150 because every idiot is trying to sell their old system to finance a Switch.

If you actually use re-releases and multiplats as an argument that the Switch has games, you are an embarrassment upon Nintendo and Nintendo fans and you are only dragging yourself and others' reputations through the mud.

If you genuinely think that it was worth $300 to play a few Wii U games outside of your house for the pitiful battery life of 3 hours, I guess I can't fault you for buying one. But that's still pretty embarrassing and you should feel some kind of shame. Maybe you have ample disposable income, whatever.

ARMs is going to be mediocre and the playerbase will drop off after a few months with a small crowd of autists who insist on continuing to play it. You have my word.

At this point in time, the only reason anyone should have to purchase a Switch is Splatoon 2, and you should not purchase a Switch until the release date of Splatoon 2, in case they release a special edition or lower the price in the next month and a half. You may be ridiculed by owners of other consoles for buying a console to play ONE game, but they're almost certainly guilty of it too. It is the first good exclusive this system will have.

If you didn't like Splatoon, don't fucking buy a Switch yet. You have even more reason to wait.

Depends on how you feel about Mario I guess.
There's really no reason to buy a Switch until there are more games and a new hardware revision.

Zelda is very good and lasts a shitton of time alone (currently 140+ hours on mine, still haven't finished it).
MK8 is not a new game, but still great (esp. with all the content included from the get-go). Already got like 30 hours out of it. If you didn't get one on Wii U – definitely get this one.
Blaster Master Zero was also a very good title, basically the sequel/reboot I've been waiting for since I was 4. Getting the true ending also took me almost 12 hours (which is much longer than I anticipated) and they're even adding free and semi-free (free for now) content, like new NG+ modes and new characters.
WonderBoy remake was okay. Not sure I'd recommend it, it was basically a 1:1 recreation of the original in widescreen. Maybe it's not worth the money, though.
The Testpunch was pretty good, getting ARMS soon, I think it'll last me a while.
Not sure on my opinion on Snipperclips yet (don't get it if you have no one to play with).
I've played PuyoPuyo Tetris for so many hours it's not even funny. The handheld/console aspect really shines there, with me being able to play local multiplayer on TV with my family and then training in handheld mode alone. Definitely worth the price considerting how many hours you're going to sink into this. Should probably get it digital.
So, with all of this and ARMS/Splatoon2/PokkenDX/MarioOdyssey/Xenoblade2 coming out this year (not to mention E3), I think it's been really strong for a first year.
I also didn't have any problems with the scratching/joycons/batterylife, but that's just me. The kickstand sucks, though, but I don't really need it.

god i want to use her like an onahole

I agree with most of this apart from the fact that WiiU ports can't be considered games for the Switch.

The only reason why those games are being ported is because nobody played them on the WiiU, they are absolutely part of its library and should count towards it.

Are you actually retarded?

Last console I bought was a PS2, and technically the Wii I found in the flat I moved into.
I'm waiting off on buying the Switch, but I have no doubt it'll get more exclusives.

MK8 is the one game that sold well, a lot of the others, especially non-multiplayer games, did much more poorly.

Okay and where are those Switch ports?
What did we get? Lego City Undercover. Fucking MINECRAFT. Wowee such a library.

They just announced Pokken, I'm going to suppose they'll just keep trickling them out.
Possibly if the pattern we've seen so far continues it's going to be

At least I hope

Watch people on suicide watch when the homebrew community gets free online play.

Too expensive full of gimmicks that'll never get used.
Everything about the online sounds like a disaster in making.

I'm interested in Xenoblade 2 but not enough to buy a switch.

Maybe if Bayonetta 3 or W101 sequel

When the fuck did this become acceptable?

One big release per month is pretty good imho.

And all the way inbetween they'll keep doing those short multiplayer tests they've done with Arms and Splatoon.
I personally think it's a pretty good strategy.

This shit would have never flown back in the 80s or early to mid 90s.

Shit ain't enough to get me to buy that piece of shit

One release a month would be fine if there were a few games released from the get-go. As it stands, there's only two major IPs that are Switch exclusive, and one of them is multiplayer focused, meaning there's little to no reason to buy a Switch this early.

There seems to be a recent phenomenon of nintendo fans going "yeah the Wii U is shit. THANK GOD FOR THE SWITCH" even though it has a worse library right now and hardware bullshit that plagued the WiiU

True.
But there's absolutely no reason to buy any console this early.

what

If Xenoblade Chronicles X ports to the switch that is the time I will purchase it.

I'll let you know when they finally let me buy one.

hahaha nice joke, don't lie to me plz tell me you're lying

Nope, really has only been out for a small handful of months. All things considered it's got a better launch than the Wii U did and will have fantastic shit coming later for it via Splatoon and a new Mario.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE SWITCH ONLY CAME OUT LAST MONTH
R-Right

I've had a lot of worries but the only one that seemed to be true was the impending paid online. The controllers haven't gotten loose despite all their moving parts, holding them either way is surprisingly comfortable (my hand is about 8 inches from base to fingertip and I haven't had any issue), and I have yet to run out of battery.
I've used in both modes in about equal measure.
The games available are kinda limited but the library I have so far has been able to preoccupy me.
This is my first console since the PS2 was mint and off the shelves. Having seen and understood the competition, I don't think any of the others would have had a shot in the dark at prying me away from my computer. Sometimes, even the Switch doesn't. I can just sit at my computer with it, a music playlist, some tabs open, and a drink.

This is what you assholes said for years about the Wiiu.

I bought the Wii U day one, and I've learned from my mistake. When the Switch has five high-quality exclusives out, I'll consider a purchase.

Wii U did get some glimmers later in its life (first and foremost being Splatoon, the game that made the damned thing worth it) but the Switch ultimately will have more promising things.

My problem with the switch is the problem I have with all current consoles. They're glorified PC's that have exclusives just to make consumers pay a ridiculous amount of money. Most of their games would work on PC and most of their hardware would be better if it were fitted to the PC. There's no reason it can't be on PC but they want money more than they want people to have fun with their games so no buy,

So shitposting about how mature you are for declaring antagonism to a piece of plastic and silicone aside. Any word on if they are going to ship more systems more regularly any time soon?

Well one of the main factors of the thing is it's supposed to be portable and unless you've got a laptop a PC isn't portable, so

My PC is plenty portable at 50lbs. Excluding monitors and peripherals bro.

Yeah that's kind of the sticking point my dude, the whole "needs to be rooted to one spot to be functional" part of the deal.

This is assuming wherever it's available you have a television to play it on. And this is also assuming that you don't already have a PC wherever you would want to take it which you probably would. And like the other user said. Laptops are just as portable and can hold more games. If your only argument for the switch is that it's easy to take places you might as well just play on a hand held or use a laptop.

I'd love to know what it's like

IF THEY PRODUCED MORE THAN A DOZEN FOR THE WORLD TO USE

It was a joke my dude

No, it's not. That's one of the things the Switch has going for it unlike almost every other console: it doesn't really need a TV for you to play, it's monitor is pretty alright, especially for singleplayer.

Some of us actually leave the house and not just to visit a LANcafe or some other place with a PC you can freely use. Most people also don't tend to hide PCs in bushes and under rocks outside so they always have one nearby.
Every Switch owner can go literally anywhere at any time and he knows he can take his console with him for vydia, especially with friends since the damn thing seems made for party games.

No, they aren't. Laptops are easily at least 3 times it's size if you want something that can actually play videogames and whatever problem you might have with the Switch battery, you'll get it double with a laptop. Besides, while they can hold more games (because you're ommitting sd cards from the equation) they can't hold the same games at all.

A laptop is mostly for singleplayer and why would you leave the house just to play singleplayer somewhere else? A Switch at least has games you can play with friends justifying bringing the thing along.

The handheld suffers from the same problem: it's singleplayer mostly. Even multiplayer games will have you alone using the handheld and mostly ignoring people around you.

And I'll take the oportunity to interject and call you on your retardation about laptops since that seems to be your main point there.
Why the fuck would you actually get a laptop to play videogames at all? PC games are to be played on a desktop were you can be confortable and unrestricted by small screens, shitty keyboards, battery life and other shit. Desktops that you can build yourself and make for more powerfull than any pre-built laptop at the same price.
Laptops literally only make sense for work.

If you bought a laptop to "play videogames on the go", you're a goddamn retard. Any laptop for 300$ will struggle to do anything more powerfull than emulating GBA games, so you could have bought a console instead for the same price or even actual handhelds for a lot less. You can get a better laptop but at that point you're paying extra just so you can take your entire singleplayer library with you to autistically play in situations where it makes no sense.

Even if you say "oh, but we can always play the good old games like Quake over LAN using our laptops!", which is actually something I've done too, it's still a retarded reasoning for buying a laptop over a console. You can always use regular internet to play with friends from your desktop back home. The whole point of sitting next to your pal is to play with him side by side, which any console (not just the Switch) do far better than any PC or any Laptop will ever do.

Seems like you just want to talk shit about the Switch while missing the whole point of playing videogames…

It must suck living in a 4th World shit hole like the north americas.

Why don't you order one online? It might take a while to arrive but surely there must be other places where you can get one?
As long as you don't feed scalpers there's bound to be sites or places that still sell them?

I'm waiting until they do the first hardware refinemint.
DS a shit but DS Lite? Beautiful.

amazing, you figured it out
the point of playing videogames is not to buy the latest shitty plastic toy, faggot

The point of playing videogames is to have fun you mongoloid. Oh wait I forgot that you are a Holla Forums user and you have your already preformed opinions on shit you haven't even tried and even if you were to try it you would be too proud to admit if you liked said vidya.

And what? Play on the screen? Like I said, handhelds. More games and cheaper price.

And? PC's are in just about every house hold and building you can think of.

Who would bring a switch to the middle of the woods? You're arguing for such a tiny minority it's not even worth the effort.

This sounds like the shilliest sentence I've seen in months. If you're going to have a "party" game playing you would also have a TV. And if it's a party I assume anybody who hosted one would have a fucking computer.

And 3 times the screen size as well? Also they come light as fuck and hardware is as good as you want it to be instead of rejected video drivers. I'm certain they make portable ones that are smaller as well and for cheaper.

Why would you leave the house with a pos console? Same reason I assume.

None that are worth the price of a console sure. Also
You're fucking retarded m8. I can name dozens of multiplayer games that are low req and easy to run. And that's just assuming you get a cheapo laptop. You just hook it up to a TV with an HDMI and you're set. Are you seriously this retarded?

Is that why online play (for free might I add) has been a huge driving force for what makes them worth your time?

Could say the same about the Switch. If you're a social reject that has nothing to do with the product.

Apparently the entire PC market must not be able to cater compared to the Switch. Fucking lol. Look online for more than 12 seconds you'll find laptops with good keyboards and solid battery life. You're literally arguing Switches specs against the entire PC market here you fucking dipshit.

Not even gonna bother with this.

And they would still be more powerful and useful than a Switch.

I can run Skyrim right now if I wanted with a $200 HP laptop. You have 0 argument.

Spoken by somebody who's never owned or looked for laptops.

Obviously you've never been to an LAN party. Even then I would just hook up an HDMI like I sai prior.

Seems like you just want to pointlessly defend an inferior product because it's ok when Nintenshit does it.

If you call an empty hole where your money used to be for an inferior product "fun" then sure.
Reddit's the other way friend.

Okay.

Look, I understand. PC's can do anything. They can play video games. They can play old and new video games. They can enable someone to play video games without actually paying for them. They play video games better than consoles. They allow you to play video games with mods so you can play games the way you want them.

But I still like my Nintendo systems and, despite owning a rig that can play all modern PC titles, I still primarily play on Nintendo games. And I don't play them on emulators. I play them on their consoles.

You have to understand that the reason why consoles still exist has been the same since the 1980's: They are by-and-large the most simple way for an average consumer to play a video game, and PC developers and manufacturers have failed for the last thirty years to advertise home PCs as a gaming platform.

Most individuals don't want to pay over $1,000 for an advertised gaming rig, and they don't want to spend around the same amount of money that they can spend on a console that they can hook up and play in mere minutes on PC components that will take a good afternoon to construct. People just want to play video games, and PCs put hurdles in front of people before they can access that. Video game consoles, even from the days of the NES, removed those hurdles.

You can sit there and gloat about how a PC can do everything better and bellyache about all the great Nintendo games you wont get to play, but the design philosophy remains true today as it did in the past: "That which is complicated is not needed."

source?

My main problem with consoles is that they're essentially PC-lites.

When they started enforcing log in credentials and sign in's that stopped being true to any extent. The fact is that people are fucking lazy. You're most likely going to spend more time getting the console situated to work and start actually playing the game than you are booting up a PC and running an executable.

Who the hell would pay that much unless they were devoted to playing modern titles? I can get a custom built rig for less than $300 that will run most games available and for an extra hundred or two you can just about play anything worth your time.

People also just want to pop in Madden and allow what's killing this industry to grow. If you had any principles to stick to you'de know that supporting what Nintendo is currently doing with the Switch is unethical and retarded. And people also want freedom of choice. There's no reason I should have to pay $300 to play a few games that will most likely disappoint me. Anybody in their right mind would never fully buy into such a thing.

An afternoon spent on putting together a rig only once is time better spent than plugging in a Switch to play a handful of games that will eventually turn into a glorified Netflix machine. You get back what you put time into. And even then a full afternoon is pushing it to the extreme. If it honestly takes you more than 2 hours to connect the dots and put together a rig then I feel sorry for you. There's good pre-builts out there that are fully modular as well, you can literally turn them on with Windows already installed.

There's not a single game on the Switch worth playing right now. And with emulation software becoming more prominent and understood it's only a matter of time. The fact that Nintendo is so afraid of making their content available for one of the most capable devices for playing games right now only proves how greedy they are with this.

I'de rather deal with minor complications for an infinitely better experience than be forced to be required access to something that's being locked behind "alternate" hardware. If you're so dead set on it being a simpler experience then tell me why they simply don't make it available for both the Switch and the PC? They would have their cake and eat it and they would sell to a much wider audience. You have no argument here.

From a business standpoint, that would be very disingenuous. I'm sure you're not all that concerned over the business side of things, though.

Now this whole statement is entirely wrong. I can't count the many times that I've ran into some sort of glitch, network error, runtime error, game crash, hardware compatibility issue, corrupted files, or some other error while playing PC games that was caused by something like conflicting applications or drivers that need to be updated or any other common problem that is exclusively confined to the realm of PC gaming.

I can turn on my Switch from sleep mode and pick up exactly where I left off with literally one press of a button within 10 seconds. It is convenient and intuitive as all hell. I cannot do that with any PC games that I've downloaded. Not unless I just leave the application running and have it bog down everything else I'm trying to run.

So yeah, this statement is terribly wrong and you need to correct yourself immediately.

I do have principles, and my principles dictate that I should support a company that actually strives to develop and manufacture something that is original, unique, and trendsetting, rather than by taking the easy way out and creating something cheap that simply goes along with the trends, even if it means enduring profit losses and a shrinking market share.

When I was a child, a person would buy a console, be it a Nintendo 64 or a Sony PlayStation or a Sega Saturn, and they would receive an entirely unique experience with their purchase, with the hardware differences making the multiplatform games unique to each respective system, and system exclusives that took advantages of all the unique features that each console touted and championed as the reason why they deserved your hard-earned money.

Fast forward to now, and you have two consoles with essentially the same type of hardware, playing the same library of games, with little to no exclusives to talk about, and to have the same features such as being able to use Netflix or play Blu-Ray movies. You literally pay for nothing more than just the brand.

You invest in a Nintendo console, and you get the most unique and original gaming experience possible. Bar none. You can't convince me otherwise.

I have to stop and remind you that it's 2017 and some N64 titles are still unplayable. Combine this with the fact that the Switch doesn't use PowerPC like the Wii U or the Wii did, so Switch emulation is definitely not coming around any time soon.

The fact that you characterize Nintendo's choice of not going third-party as "greedy" shows how immature your viewpoints are. You've constructed this narrative that PC gaming is the most economical, most efficient, and most ethical way to play video games and anyone who doesn't cater to that market by choosing to release their games exclusively on "alternate" hardware is "greedy."

You fail to realize that Nintendo has created some of the greatest video gaming experiences by creating both software and hardware that harmoniously produces memorable experiences. There's a reason why all the "Greatest video games of all time" lists have multiple Nintendo tittles dominating the top 20 all the time.

If that's something that you cannot appreciate because you feel like you shouldn't have to spend money on a Nintendo console to play a Nintendo game, that's your failure.

What's disingenuous about it? It offers a product to a wider audience.
The fuck are you running? Unless you're using some far out Linux kernal you're only making things sound worse than they actually are. Computers are simple. If a games not running it's either because you fucked by being retarded or your running something foreign.
Can do the same on PC. If your going to push your own personal narrative as fact you better be more specific with the issues your having.
Then you're retarded. I can download thousands of games on the dot and run them no trouble. Either through a service or through my browser. Torrents aren't to bad either. Your complaint is that things are difficult to download but you're given dozens of ways to do it. Again 0 argument.
There's nothing to correct. I have an easy time getting things to work on PC. More easy than setting up a Mii character if that says anything.
By doing what they've been doing since the Wii but worse you mean? They've set no trends that aren't already available on PC. Again your spewing out your ass.
Again with that narrative.
This probably had more to do with you being a child. If I grew up with PC's I'de probably have a similar view. Ironically enough I grew up with consoles and realize why they're not worth the money.
This includes the Switch you know. Touch screens and motion controls and portability are nothing new. It's called a tablet. Or a DS, or certain hardware items.
Exclusives are inherently shit so that's not really worth talking about in general.
There's a big difference between an "experience" and reality. The reality is that it does nothing new or inventive. If you want motion controls you can buy a used Wii-U or one of the many controllers available for PC that utilize motion controls for a handful of games. If you want a touch screen experience you can just use a tablet or DS. And if you want portability you use a hand held or a Laptop.
This is what being a blind fanboy looks like. You can't convince me otherwise.
I have to remind you that the N64's hardware is a fucking mess. The fact that games were made on it at all still impresses me. In today 2017 where most hardware shares a simaler infastructure and the Wii-U's success in simply being made I have no doubt that if somebody got off their ass and actually made an effort that we could see solid emulation for the Switch before 2020. Whether it actually happens is up to how fed up the consumer base is getting. And with the way Nintendo's been shafting their consumers I'de say it's more likely than ever.
It's not a narrative. The fact is that the Switch uses much of the same hardware a PC would and essentially tries to be a PC with some gimicky perks. If it went off the fucking walls and actually managed to throw away everything resembling a PC I might actually consider purchasing one, but if you really look at what you're getting for such a price, it's not much. You're paying solely for exclusives and alternative hardware that would be better fitted to a PC. The former is greedy and the latter is empirically true. Mainly because of the terrible hardware they used to make the Switch to begin with.

1/2

This is what a true Nintendo fanboy actually thinks isn't it? Tell me when they signed up with Ubisoft did you think a Rabbid was the second coming of Christ?
I don't appreciate eating shit thanks. I've gotten more unique experiences from the actual games I play and not the gimicks that revolve around them. I've never played a motion control game that was made "better" by having motion controls.

I want to see something new at E3 but at the same time I actually have too many games to play this year, especially with the announcement of Butterlord being playable at E3 honestly why though, who would want to play that game for less than 3+ hours at a time making a release this year very likely.

Anyone who thinks Nintendo would jump straight onto PC in the mathematically unlikely chance that they would ever need to do so as a company is delusional, if every other major nip publisher treats the PC as a third rate platform what incentive does Nintendo have not to do the same? you'd get the same cucking you get now.

added to the shit pile with steam and the rest of the consoles.

That's because you've never bothered to try.

You would be very hard-pressed to find someone out there who would suggest to turn off motion control settings for Splatoon.

Why are you even bringing this up? Yes, there's going to be a cross-over game between Mario and the Rabbids, but I don't remember Nintendo or Ubisoft promising this title to be some sort of gamechanger.

It's a video game platform that has the same hardware as a home console and is seamlessly portable. You cherry pick certain facts while failing to look at the big picture. I, for one, love the idea of taking my Switch out of my home to some gaming competition (which I go to regularly), and either playing with other Switch owners on Splatoon 2 or sliding them in docks owned by the gamestore and play on their TVs, whereas previously doing any of this involved lugging TVs, cables, controllers, whatever. It's so simple it's elegant.

Ad hominem. If you insist on pointing out logical fallacies, then two can play at this game.

I'm running an Intel 3.4 Ghz CPU and an GeForce 1050i and 8 GB of RAM on Windows 10. There's nothing wrong with my setup. It's just a common fact that PC games commonly run into technical issues due to one issue or another. This is nothing new, all one has to do is go to any popular game forum and find people asking questions or finding answers on why their game wont run, or why their game is crashing on startup. One personal experience I had was that Street Fighter V kept crashing on startup for me because of a video capture application kept conflicting with it. Took me several hours digging through forums and Google before finding the answers. People on consoles do not have this problem.

You cannot expect a PC to play games efficiently when it was designed to do more than just play games. I would rather play video games on a system designed to solely play video games because I know it'll play better.

Right now, there's more of a "people who either have or are actively considering to buy a Nintendo console" market than there is a "people who would rather have everything on their PC and refuse to budge" market. This "wider audience" you speak of doesn't really exist like you think. There is not some large demographic of users who use PCs primarily to play games. That's why the Switch is breaking the Wii's sales records at this moment.

OLD MEN GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD.
Holla Forums IS FOR YOUNG BUCKS ONLY 18-25 ALLOWED
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE=

If you read my post you'd know I own a Wii. A button will never be less accurate than motion controls.
Because you're buying from a company that associates themselves with fucking Ubisoft. And you'll probably buy what they make to.
Just like a Laptop but worse.
Jesus you must be the social NEET who sits in a corner. In any case it goes to other point about a laptop. More games, less login shit.
1 cable and a few controllers are by no means an impediment. You're the one cherrypicking here.
This isn't a fallacy anymore it's just being a passive aggresive cunt. Tumblr is perfect for you.
lol
No it's not. If you have standard specs your issues should be minimal to nonexistant.Unless you're running games day 1 release or you're using a lesser used OS you (again) have no argument. You're basically complaining that 1 out of every 100 games might have a small issue that you might have to google. Compare this to the day 1 issues the Switch had which required you to take it back and I'de say it far exceeds the switches issues. Again you're bitching about nothing here. You're just a manchild who never spent more than 10 minutes trying to troubleshoot an issue and decided it was the standard issue for all games. That's the only reasonable answer to your bitching.
Just like how the Switch is designed to run about 20 other software apps? Like I said, it's not called a Netflix machine for nothing.
Is that why it had so many software flukes on release? I guess you just missed that whole thing or chose to conveniently ignore it. What's better is we don't even know if the patches it'll bring will add more issues while solving the earlier ones. Your lack of understanding about this is laughable.
Yea 4 year olds and 30 year old manchildren. I jest but that doesn't make them any less cancerous to the industry. This goes back to what I was saying with a complete lack of ethical principles. Just because it's selling well doesn't make it a proper choice on the market. I suppose you buy the latest Apple products as well? I'm sure the next sale at EA will tickle your fancy. After all they're one of the leading AAA game companies right now. They must know what's good for you goy! You're such an insufferable faggot that's it's not even worth it to call you an insufferable faggot. But I guess the cat's out of the bag.

You must be getting tired if you're breaking out the "go to tumblr" or the "good goy" bits.

Like it or not, you're going to have to deal with the fact that consoles aren't going anywhere, and the reasons why are plain to see. This isn't just about the Switch, which you casually ignore it's surging popularity and pass it off as a Netflix machine when there's not even a Netflix app out there for it.

You're going to have to deal with the fact that I'm not the only one with these views here on this board, and we're not going away.

Go ahead and reply to me. I actually want to see you get angry on the internet.

Cross wasn't the one that put jumping and shit into the series, 4 was. 3G remains the peak of the franchise.

I say this because it will benefit you more than anything. Birds of a feather.
No shit. Doesn't make it less cancerous, and it certainly means I don't have to tolerate it on the Scandinavian image board I frequent.
Yes it is.
Doesn't make them less wrong. And it doesn't make you more right. Majority opinion isn't the right one. I've been over this already but you refuse to acknowledge it.
Good I can continue to shitblast you retards every time you can't hold up on an argument.

If you can't handle the fire get out of the kitchen. You've done nothing to actually defend your standpoint here outside of preference and opinion. And now you're ducking out while thinking you're mature for doing so. This is pretty much the epitome of damage control. And if you want to argue who's being more mature here you're doing a pretty bad job. If you actually have something of substance to input then actually do it. Becaue you're only admitting right now that you're a gigantic waste of oxygen on this earth and a waste of my time.

You just couldn't resist, could you?

You keep replying and spouting insults like as if this is accomplishing something.

If you're so insecure about your opinions or yourself in general that you just have to get in the last word and regard any attempt at callin you out for acting like tryhard edgelord as "damage control," you're a far more sadder individual than what you make me out to be.

What's entirely funny is that you're claiming I'm a waste of your time, but no one is forcing you into this discussion. Your time must not be all that valuable, then. That's understandable.

This conversation ended the moment you started flinging insults. If you can't defend your position without resorting to playground-level namecalling, your viewpoint is inherently flawed.

So, what's it going to be? I hope you respond to this. I don't know what it would do to your fragile little ego if you didn't get that last insult in.

If you're not going to actually discuss the topic of this thread and berate people for insulting you while you do the same yourself you're not worth the time. This isn't a debate anymore. It's you trying to back out of an argument that you lost. Get over it. Also bump.

Razer, Alienware and other faggots would like to disagree with you, as well as the entire "gaming community" for PC games.
Then again, they are faggots, the lot of them so whatever.

A much better argument is that if nobody bought the console and the games, nobody would be able to play them on emulators in your PC since there wouldn't be those games to begin with. The latest Zelda\Mario\Metroid\Kirby game only exists because the previous one actually sold and was financially supported by the community. Best proof would actually be Metroid Other M. You haven't heard about the next Metroid game, but Zelda and Mario already have their new games.

"Thank you, cuck, for wasting your money so I can play these games for free on my PC!" not for the person I was quoting.
Yeah, knock yourself out. But any complaint you have about the game\console can be brushed of with a simple "you're not even paying for it, you get no say in the matter". Just remenber that your opinion doesn't matter jack shit for private companies if you're not a client, as it should be under any capitalistic\free market system. Keep enjoying those free games, nobody cares about you both ways.

Most consoles have you set up an account ONCE that is used across all games automatically. It's that easy and simple, if this sounds like a problem to you, PC gaming definetely isn't for you either.

"Booting up the PC and running an executable" isn't really what PC game is like, considering you still gotta install it first, mind the drivers, minimum requirements, check for online patches yourself or use a third party like Steam and even solve compatibility problems with your graphics driver if you're using ATI for instance.
And if all you expect out of PC gaming is "run an EXE file", then you're omitting modding and tweaking your games so why not stick with console gaming if you're gonna miss out on the advantages of PC gaming anyway?

Post one then. Post a rig by 300$ that can run most games and even emulate consoles decently. And by most games, I hope you're not trying to weasel "games with 10+ years" or something, because the processor and the graphics card alone is already gonna be more than 300$ both combined.

Playing videogames is a way to relax, have fun and even hang out with friends. It's not a lifestyle choice or a political message. There are no principles here except playing what you like and what you consider fun for yourself. And if that's Madden, you're a fucking imbecile but that's your prerogative.
It's the free market. Don't like it, move to some communist hell hole. People buy what they like and if you want things to change, you give a better alternative. Shit flinging an option doesn't do anything if it's still the only option people know or think is viable. You have as much a right to not buy it and avoid buyers remorse just as everyone else has the right to buy it and enjoy the games they like on the console that still tries to make videogames instead of "experiences"

To you. You should never forget to add that whenever you talk about your opinion about something, but you'd rather present them as objectives facts, right?
Because a lot of people actually enjoyed Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart and the Testfire\Testpunch for upcoming games as well as a few other odds and ends in the store. That's just their opinion that obviously doesn't mean you in particular should buy the Switch, just like that's only your opinion that doesn't mean anyone else shouldn't buy a Switch.

Keep waiting. And forking over those dollars to their Patreon as well :^)
By the way, have you actually tried to use CEMU? Have you checked what kind of PC you need to actually get a decent framerate there? Good luck achieving that with a "300$" PC, to which you can sum the cost of BUYING THE EMULATOR.
You can pirate it if you want, but let's see how long it takes for the dev to say "fuck it, you're not gonna pay anyway" and stop development without releasing the source code. :^)

I mean, as long as we're fearmongering here, let's go all the way. CEMU will never be perfect or well optimized. You'll always have to own a PC worth as much as the Switch and it's entire unreleased library of games anyway, so you're never gonna actually save money either, just give it to someone that doesn't actually make those games, ensuring the next generation isn't made or sees less production value at all.

Like setting an account once that's used automatically?
Like paying the price of a cheap PC for a machine that lasts as long as a mid-grade PC anyway?
Like paying money for stuff instead of hunting down torrents, burning CDs or swapping SD cards?
Like just paying the devs for the games they make instead of the Patreon of someone making an emulator?

Sure sounds like you'll jump trough any hoop like a little bitch just to "stick it to the man Nintendo" and get a worse, delayed experience both in short and long term as long as you get to "hold your principles"
You take videogames far too seriously.

It's no worse for a PC is my initial point. Many computers come pre-installed with an OS and you just boot it up and edit to your hearts content.
What effort? It's simple and easy. Anybody can do it, they just think it's harder than it actually is.
Drivers rarely give you an issue and are a few clicks away to update or install. Unless you're using Unix or are using an uncommon rig it's not much hassle at all.
What games are worth playing with really high end requirements? You can get a rig for the same price of as a Switch and have a wider selection of games as well.
Unless you're playing a game that's older than dirt I don't get this issue. Online patches are usually pretty to find in any case and take less than a minute to install. Is this really worth bringing up? Especially when most games for consoles have long load time patches as well?
Literally use any of the simple and easy sites that allow you to pick parts with a budget. The nice thing about the internet is that you can pretty much go to any place asking a question and find out it's been answered already. Why don't you post concourse intensive games that actually require a PC for more than a couple hundred? I have a built rig for less than $400 in my garage right now that's over 7 years old and can run just about anything that's come out in the past few years. The only games that require a powerful rig is un-optimized AAA shit that Ubisoft would put out.
So is smoking a pipe. But if you grab the first one you see with the first cheap shit tobacco you're going to have an incredibly inferior experience. And you probably wouldn't know if that tobacco was produced in some 3rd world country using child slaves or some shit. Put effort into the things you enjoy. You're trying to argue that it's better to be a casual than putting a tiny amount of effort into what you enjoy.
If you're effectively making the industry worse by doing so then yes, there are principles. If you want to pretend that the decisions you make don't have an impact then feel free to continue eating shit off the plate.
Which is why I don't buy it. What's your point?
PC. Already said this. Switch is inferior in every way outside of exclusives. Read my prior posts if you want more info as to why.
The only games on the Switch right now are nothing but shallow "experiences" BOTW is hand holding shit with a decent art style for example. And grouping all PC games with hipster shit is cherry picking like a bitch. Look up some good games for once and you'll see what I mean.
Jumping the gun aren't you? I havn't even brought up the shit games on the Switch till now but I've briefly mentioned why BOTW is a factually shit game. If you enjoyed it congrats. You have shit taste. "fun" is fun but you're not getting it to the same extent as you would from playing an actual game with solid mechanics.
If you're going to start attacking me for having opinions on games without facts you better stop appealing to majority opinion as an argument. It's no secret that casuals will eat just about anything as long as it has their favorite IP on it. You're delusional if you think otherwise.
You see if this were a console I'de have no choice but to pay wouldn't I? I realize you might be new to the internet but we have this thing called piracy. And also patients.

First rule to spot a normalfag. They have 0 patients and would rather shell out $300 dollerydoos for a product that will become obsolete in about half a decade. There's no shortage of good games on the PC. Even less so if you emulate. So I'm fine with waiting instead of giving money to jews.
It's not an argument if you're just making up shit that could happen. And this is assuming that if the code became open source that other people wouldn't pick it up and finish it. There's plenty of people I know and discuss how much they'd love to get their hands on the CEMU code to get it going. Your mistake in logic is assuming there's ever a lack of autists who will do something for the passion of their hobby.
Says you.
I see no downside to this. If there's a game on the switch worth playing it's a simple download to get it. And if you have to pick between a PC or a Switch when you only have $300 then why wouldn't you get a PC that can play both PC and Switch games? Simple math defeats this argument.
The next generation might not get to play some exclusive games on the switch when the console becomes obsolete in a few years without paying thousands to scalpers. Just a cool fact.
Tell that to the software patches that brick your device or one of the many touch screen scratch issues. Why would you ever assuming something with a touch screen would last as long as a PC? Especially when you can replace a screen for a PC for a relatively low price anyway.
If you trouble finding torrents that's on you. But if you're a good goy using a service such as GoG is no harder than getting any game for the Switch so again you have no argument.
Just don't pay them? CEMU is a shitty service but it's still an alternative service. Didn't you just say that the free market is what it is? Free? I consider them a lesser evil but by any time somebody else could step up to the plate and make software to run the Switch. And the Nintendo Developers already made their money. But as a rule I typically don't support developers who make bad games so that's a problem that solves itself.
It's a simple matter of not supporting things you don't find ethical. There's no need to over complicate it.
Speak for yourself. You're the one who spent money on a product that will be obsolete in less than a decade. At least with a PC I can run just about any game since the hobbies birth and at a much more convenient and costomized pace. But god help you if you actually want to invest time in your hobby. Why the fuck are you even on Holla Forums if all you're going to do is belittle somebody for wanting to have some investment in their hobby? You're a mess of contradictions right now.

This is the worst argument I've heard in a while. If consoles existed and a PC did then the games would exit on a PC wouldn't they? You're argument is essentially "what if?". Fuck off.