Why does every project made by Holla Forums eventually die?

Why does every project made by Holla Forums eventually die?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lOo55jYJlV8
youtube.com/watch?v=usxrnYRZf_g
archimedes-lab.org/How_to_Solve/Water_gas.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That was shit though.

Holla Forums doesn't have the autism necessary

I've seen some decent videos.

Because Holla Forums is fickle, naught but minor autists with neither the talent nor the funding to create anything of note. All the while having the audacity to complain of anything and everything.

I wouldn't have it any other way you inglorious bastards

The things that Holla Forums wants are too niche to make money, and autistic determination only gets you so far.

They had a cool podcast and got me to learn video editing.

There was no money in GYP and it wasn't advertised that much here
I wouldn't be surprised if people here didn't know it was a Holla Forums venture.

Congratulations you passed the test, you have autism!

Nice try. Come see me after class.

I can't do it ;_;

You have autism.

Fuck.

Wow, definitely hard.

A supply failure in one would screw up the others in sequence.

Fuck you asshole.

I don't know why this one still gets posted, it's the same three solutions every time.

Pure evil
IMO we can't have nice things due to laziness, lack of prime objective and newfag/Reddit hate (the fear of a project hijack, fame lurkers, etc)

Failure in the water supply from left to right would screw the other houses.

wait a minuteā€¦.I'm starting to think autism isn't actually a real thing.

Here you go guys, this is the only time in history that Holla Forums was right.

When everyone is has autism, no one will.

It's not like anyone's going to die in the three hours it takes to get a service truck out there.

But the success condition is getting the utilities to the house.

supersized it didn't die sooner.

I sure feel autistic.

Well, it'd work under my version of gommunism.

Holy shit you faggot. This would lead to ancaps cutting off the water service leaving their house and forcing their neighbours to buy access.

Exactly

Gee, I wonder why.

Wow its the invisible hand of the free market. Capitalism strikes again!

I wasn't asked to consider the economic reprecussions, the city hired me to lay lines for water, gas, and electric, I'm a fucking pipe guy, not an economics guy, you come to me when you need me to bang your Wife big guy.

Anyone intelligent enough would know better than to shill his shit on an imageboard. Holla Forums is useful to get ideas and to know what to not buy but advertising on it would be retardation.

because communism doesn't bloody work.

Because they inevitably get taken over by an attention-whoring subset of Holla Forums.

10% cucks
20% shills
15% concentrated dosage of pills
5% leisure
50% bane
100% idea guys cant program a game

Don't forget the status seekers.

Because nothing says Anonymous like "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT MY NAME RIGHT HERE!"

Why don't people let it happen naturally. You don't become a Yoko Taro, or an Aunoma by screeching about your status. You do it by being modest, skilled, hardworking and knowledgeable.

This nigga gets it. Hard work is underrated; hard work is why Japs always win.

They didn't work hard enough for that win 72 years ago

Oh right I forgot about Chapter Master

???
youtube.com/watch?v=lOo55jYJlV8

I never did. I loved that little autism generator.

which country is thriving and immune to socjus now? makes u think

No money incentive. Believe it or not the bright-eyed optimistic idea of doing something you love as a pure passion project and you're going to see all the way through - it just doesn't happen.

Same one that is cucking itself with cartoon characters, leading to a declining birthrate and an insane amount of money spent on aged/palliative care despite a shrinking group of tax paying citizens.

Every country is fucked; Japan is just trying it a different way to everyone else.

So there is absolutely no way a Holla Forumstard could sell his shit anywhere?
Really makes me think.

We'll see about that.

Two lines are crossing, doesn't matter if they are dotted lines, you failed.

The real autism test of that image is the reaction to it and people's attempts.

Good job, user- you're autistic.

Ouch

Seen it a dozen times already. Try and prove me wrong.

Holla Forums isn't one person. It's also not the only place to make money. But we're basically the "cool kids" that reddit & co will want to follow. So yes, there is incentive.

Well, I certainly think I have some, but is more like internet autism and not clinical, if anything I think I have a mild case of OCD.

Orgasm Cock Delight?

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, yes, I ruined the joke.

wasting kimberlite on mechanisms, disgusting.

Fucking hell ancap things never fail to make me laugh

Kimberlite hell, that's nether cap.

I saw only one video of these guys and it went full-on GAMES ARE HIGH ART on Revengeance because Raiden going full Jack is in deep harmony with the fact the game isn't a walking simulator. Then concluding playing hard games is a super meaningful act that makes us grow as individuals or some shit. Now you're telling me it spawned from Holla Forums ? I didn't know some of you just wanted to be bizarro Kotaku.

Obsessed Over Cock?~

Try this one instead. It's basic, but important.
That's an exaggeration and you know it.

You're talking out your ass. I saw that video, and its whole point was "The whole Raiden vs Jack thing could be a reference to how some people think you need a really good plot in games to have a reason to play but other people think it's fine to play just for the fun of it"

Is this /sci/

repeating a routine laid out by other people is the kind of autism you find on Holla Forums, thats why you have so many people trying to indoctrinate "gamers". they cant think for themselves.
making a video game isnt just a routine. the ambition and dedication just arent here, nobody is willing to do something when theres a possibility that you might never actually get where you want to go. in a video game, even if you lose youll get there eventually if you keep at it. unless its a multiplayer game and everyones just better than you.

Those don't paid the bills you NEET SOB

True but, not the goal.
Really the most simple solution would be a single line that goes through all the resources then all the houses.
The real test is the thought you put into trying to get the houses functional in a real world vs trying to solve the problem.
Which is more autistic I couldn't say.

Your water extinguishes the fire.
F

Any time your neighbor turns the oven on all your lights would dim.

Hence the starving artist stereotype. Someone who has a vision and is so dedicated to making it become real that they'll sacrifice a paycheck, food, heat, etc.

I forget what i was doing

:^)

That was Reddit.

Because all things eventually die. Some just die faster than others because they don't have the backing of some (((Multi-channel network))) or (((Advertisers))) and so on to help them get past the initial barrier of fluffing up their metrics enough for Google and others to take notice and let them by filtered to the top of the search results. That's part of the problem at least. The nature of media and journalism is nepotistic as fuck and there's a lot of feigned competition which is just disguised cross-promotion.

Ask yourself this: How does anyone even find a new youtube channel these days? How do you find a new news site? 99 times out of 100, it's being shilled and promoted by Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube. Normalfags are lazy so they just go with it and accept what's fed to them. Some of these sites shouldn't even get off the ground but they mysteriously have 6 figures in funding, a full staff, and the explicit support of numerous larger sites and social media hubs.

Specifically on the side of Holla Forums, the other issue is that being a contrarian, salty, obnoxious faggot has become meme behavior like checking dubs.
Ad infinitum.
Replace videos with reviews or download/magnet links. The problem is that Holla Forums is both incredibly lazy and highly demanding. They want everything served up to them, no strings attached, on Holla Forums only. Even when people aren't trying to profit off of Holla Forums they are incredibly hostile and prone to purity spiraling to the point of alienating anyone who much want to supply them with contentā€¦ But I totally get it.

See.. Everything outside of Holla Forums, and even on Holla Forums, is pretty fucking shit. Holla Forums is notably less shit than any of the alternatives.. But youtube, gaming sites, streaming sites, discord, patreon, facebook, social media in general.. That shit is beyond toxic. It's turbocancer. AIDS for the soul. All of it corrupt as fuck (as I alluded to at the start of this post) and run by feminist cunts and literal marxists who want to see all of us murdered for crimes of wrongthink. Contributing to the widespread use of those sites and services is helping the executioner sharpen his axe.

However, it's not the end of the world if someone with no subscribers or some small site gets some clicks. You don't need to archive and webm everything, but the problem is that all of these things, if allowed to grow to a point of being profitable, successful, and popular, will eventually succumb to the cancer. They'll have to self-censor and distance themselves from the values and ideology of Holla Forums.. and then they become another Cucktaku or TotalAsscancer, and we just don't need any more of that.

you sound new
gyp precedes reddit's rise as well as the reddit as a boogeyman meme

There isn't a strong sense of community. Anons have no built-in loyalty to any project begun by a random user or 6, so unless they pander to another audience interest will wane and die out. It's the blessing and curse of anonymity.

because autism doesn't speak

Easy.

gyp was fun. I met some cool people when I contributed to them. Also a lot of the video guys are still doing their thing and producing great stuff.

Because nobody's being paid for their work. Artfags are especially bad at this.

OVER THE LINE

Most of your models are highly inefficient solutions, especially a number of the series models that have been presented. Behold a much better model.

Journalism is gay
Nobody here can code
And a lot of people are Holla Forums \Holla Forumsfags trying to weaponize people who play videogames as a demographic
NO FUN
DING DONG BANNU.

There was in the beginning, for survival reasons, until the flood came by
There can be another resurgent feeling but in enclaves already here (Racing, M&B, etc)
That happens when you diversify a userbase

Nice revisionism faget.
youtube.com/watch?v=usxrnYRZf_g

Why don't we get fun threads like that anymore?

why don't you try and tripfag it up over at /a/?
surely only fun can come from it

Because collectively the chonz have gotten so old and cynical anything like that gets deemed 'reddit' faster than you can double-space. We're all posting wrapped up in 5 layers of irony so we can all go 'lol we weren't ACTUALLY posting like that, is joke!' but it just draws in other retards who actually think posting like that is the norm and is expected.
We will never ever have good threads anymore that aren't started by some stupid meme to get attention.
No more MANLY OTOME THREADS
No more CYOA threads
No more random Drawfag threads.
All have their general, or their board, or some other fucking quarantine to get pushed into. Anons are incapable of having fun like the pic related like they use too.

I remember when trips were OC-creators ontop of being faggots.
Now they're just faggots.

I found this answer we're all retarded.

am i an autism?

Hey, the Shitcast is still going. At least you've got that.

Because 8/v/ has become extremely autistic.

For some reason an influx of these types of people have been popping up since 2015, leading to the downfall of people remaining from the first few exoduses.
Also what said, we've become to separated as a board that we turned into some mixture of Holla Forums, a political board and /vg/ all in one. Many people that try to do anything about it are washed out by these people that are "protecting Holla Forums" from "reddit and 4chan".

The application of Euclidean logic makes this rather simple to solve. I suppose I'm not autistic.

Its true, we dont even have fun anymore. I don't know if its all the autists that cant help but take everything serious or what but its so fucking stupid to see every thread filled with G-GO BACK TO REDDITCUCKCHAN.
Anons forgot how to have fun, thats not to say it still doesn't happen once in a while but its rare.

Easy done

we severely lack OC that isn't goober gabber tans

when was the last time the board came together to do something we could look back on?
the salt party?

Pretty much, honestly we lack cohesion as a website, let alone a board.
Thats why I like game nights so much though, bless the anons who keep them going.

11/10

I don't get it, how is this hard? Do I have autism?

How you solve it is probably the test.

Yes

Damnit.

How about a tempest crashes two of the houses into one and then i connect all the shit in there, would that count

I don't think we did anything wrong to get where we are now, yet I'm filled with a deep regret. We can't bring back the past, but we can borrow things from it to make the future better. This makes me want to make OC.

I'm fine with this as long as there's debate. Holla Forums doesn't have to be your hugbox to be good and I rarely see people saying stuff here should downright be "banned" or it being shit when it's actually not. Politics only appears in threads of political nature and is banned otherwise and shit like the Overwatch generals are only derailed because the game is actually trash and most of the people in it are calling it trash. We do need people to stop fucking crossposting though. We have multiple boards with multiple topics. We're never going to fill them if we keep posting here.

I bet you don't even remember where that meme started. Also what the fuck are you talking about, we're doing a Holla Forums sings right now and this very fucking thread is getting OC from

Why the fuck do people like to bitch all the time? That's the purest problem with Holla Forums. To much meta discussion about a thread derailing or something and not actually enjoying a threads derailment if it's shit. Ultimately things go to shit because we allow it. If you think a game is good when the community thinks it isn't then use your fucking words and debate otherwise. It's not fucking hard.

you mean the one nobody is fucking participating in?
you remember the last two Holla Forums musical that Val bombed and ever since that shit is dead?

Are you going to keep spreading lies?

Why is cirno so smart?

There's at least 10 which is fine by me. Val fucked that one up a while ago and the EDF was a fucking trainwreck simply because of editing. The only reasont he thread isn't being bumped with discussion is because there's nothing to discuss.

then maybe the thread should be "10 people from Holla Forums sing" and not "Holla Forums sings" :^)

The Christcucks are always telling me that everything is possible with God, and they may be right about this one.

Fuck off nigger he's right. Those are my most consistent complaints with this hellhole.

You forget how a bunch of us are socially awkward virgins who don't want to sing. It's still a chunk of Holla Forums singing and I know it's more than 10 I'm just not sure on the count so who cares.

And you forgot how much more people were all eager in the voting process and then fucked off.

I care, I'd love to see it succeed. And I'd love the actual board taking part and not a fraction of a fraction of it.
I proposed before that you should only get to vote when you post a sample of your voice, showing that you're willing to participate.

Otherwise we'll keep ending up with riggers fucking over the singfags during voting and then both leave.

You'de think that if it's a song they don't want to sing they wouldn't sing it huh? I don't blame anybody for wanting to sing a short 30 second song or a full set of lyrics that span for about 2 or so minutes. It's a lot more work to sing and edit if you make mistakes.

By existing it succeeds. It doesn't matter how many people participate as long as it's edited well and sounds solid enough to be recognizable and fun is had in the process or the turnout.
We're a shrinking community. It's natural when the only people who are capable of holding on to to certain principles starts to decline. But for the most part Holla Forums sings was always a fractional amount of people. We just had a bigger sized community at the time. If new people want to come in here fine but they should by no means expect a warm welcome if they start redditing all over the place.

This would do nothing much. Mainly because it's 1 thing to post a voice sample and another to sing a song. You would be better off posting your participation in a prior event but even then that doesn't decide weather the actual pick will be any good.

It's called asking for credentials. The one we have for the current thread is fine because he posted his work for prior events that were solid. People on Holla Forums aren't retarded enough just to blindly make an effort for somebody they don't even know is up to the task.

Absolutely, that's why they should either lurk or not announce being this damn new.

I guess I'm just stuck in the past mentally.
It's like with the draw threads that are now 80% requests that keep repeating each thread because nobody wants to draw them, 12%
waifu fags/meme spergs and 8% actual drawfags.
I'd hate to see similar things happen to the Holla Forums sings stuff.
Mad props to those sticking with it and those mixing and finalizing it.

What happened to GYP? Why not just accept more submissions?

That is because of the later Holla Forums exodus

m8 Holla Forums isn't as bad as it could be but you don't have to lie. Holla Forums also isn't nearly as good as it could be with a competent BO though.

You crossed several black lines there.
You can't cross any lines, it says so right there. You have to make sure you draw your own lines so that they touch the houses without actually overlapping the border or you fail.

Honestly whenever I'm not in threads that are inherently politically driven I don't see much political posting. It's just when a thread has anything to do with politics it goes overboard. Honestly if you're tired of seeing politics just report them and the mods so far have been pretty good on it. But don't expect them to do anything on a thread about an article saying that video games should welcome politics.

Half the site, including the founder, turned out to be SJWs, commies, Bernouts, and faggots. It was doomed from the start.

The other half just post on their own channels/blogs or do nothing at all anymore.

I don't give a Shit about their political opinion if it isn't brought up. They had a cool podcast and videos.

Except for that time one of them posted a "Women in Gaming" blog post, or that other time one of them posted an "Assassin's Creed's token black people are historically accurate you bigots!" article. Not to mention that after years of inactivity, the site founder put a new video on his channel whining about kids in his game servers being "racist" or "sexist" or whatever.

Besides, the divide in opinion meant it had no chance to survive GG, let alone the 2016 election. You can't have a site that supposed to be founded on the idea of Gawker and friends being complete and utter shit, and then turn around and have staff members trying to defend Gawker so people don't "lose their jobs."

Proof or it didn't happen.

Just look at their individual twitter feeds to see what side they take.

Has there ever been one on Holla Forums

No monetary incentives? Lack of communication? If a team working on a free project is too large and separated by vast distances: it's bound to fail.

Well, first of all of this
Secondly, coordinating a group of people is hard, especially when everyone thinks they have equal authority.

Because if we could make something worthwhile we wouldn't have wound up here in the first place.

Because things take a really fucking long time.

Alot of people on Holla Forums have superiority complexes or narcissistic to the point they would let a project sink than admit to being wrong or apologising. Some anons can work in groups but a vast majority can't.

Because you need time and a shitton of money to uphold a big project. And Holla Forums on the other hand consists of broke autists with short attention span.

Middle house doesn't get gas, dummy.

faggot

I AM AMONG THE GREATEST AUTISTS IN THE WORLD!!!

Not on a torus :^)

not a chance goverment fag

Pretty much the only solution, if you don't count the icons as lines themselves.

Or you can redirect that electricity line around the second house for the solution, starting from in between the other yellow lines.

Whoops

A wide variety of factors up to and including the volatile nature of anons themselves, most especially the ones that just want to see the project fail because they think it'd be funny. The kind of gremlins that shitposted endlessly about "cuckdev cuckdev you never fooled me" when everybody there knew the guy was a failure, or still kick and screech about Anton & Coolpecker being dead. But for the latter I haven't seen the monthly thread in some time. Have I simply missed them?

Are you retarded?

buddy, the middle house has no water

Don't forget the ones that try to turn 'let's fuck with people and have >fun' into 'I'm the leader and you all should always follow what I say no matter what because I'm one of the special ones and if you disagree or play with other people instead of me and my genius you're out to kill group' and the ones that take the game stats far too seriously to the point they intentionally fuck people over to benefit themselves like what happened with the Planetside group.
I think people stopped giving a shit or moved somewhere else.

you know,user,you're so fucking right it fucking hurts
SS13 and TF2C got fucking terminated just because that 'I'm the leader and my goons should be respected,follow the rules' mentality
fuck rules and fuck whoever makes them inside servers

A lot of them are left-leaning because a self-improving attitude is needed to create good content. Ideally, good creators are humble folks who listen to others and can take in any type of critique, even if it's bullshit to them. A lot of left-wing ideals are based on the fundamental that their world is flawed and that they can improve it through their own group. Alt-lite folks can have the same mindset. White nationalists just need to drop their pride to create good stuff, needs to stop dismissing critics as purity spirallers or non-white shills.

I don't have money. And I hate people who are telling me to get a job and just hire a team, like I'm fucking made out of cash. Money is just for survival, not for funding your dream game. And if you indeed had a job, you'd realize how little time you have to make something polished.

Is her poop like icicles? Shitsicles?

You all have autism.
archimedes-lab.org/How_to_Solve/Water_gas.html
It's impossible. Give up.

I think content creation is generally biased toward centrism for a number of reasons.
For example often times you're discouraged from creating Mary Sues or unbalanced factions/races/etc.

Also I think since we now perceive entertainment as having such importance, we have less tolerance for "incorrectness" in it than before. It can be a real problem if people would think your work influences others in a negative way or god forbid is propaganda. This further pushes content creators toward "centrist" irony or "safe" apolitical positions to avoid conflict. Unfortunately a lot don't want to put up with the potential of activist pressure. Even if you want to do something, you have to weigh the reaction it will get with how strongly you feel about it. This means a lot of people will never end up saying what they truly feel because they have invested so much effort into a project, or see too much potential, and don't want to risk it.

The true answer I think isn't political balance in the content, as it's creators are pushed to do, but that people stop putting such weight on their entertainment. I'm always reminded of how liberals on twitter compare real problems to Star Wars or how the alt-right larps as Morpheus from the matrix. These people live in a fantasy world and act like we are supposed to be prophets. But reality is not fiction. As much as I would like the shit I produce to be memorable, I don't want to form a cult or be expected to compete with them.

Our content ends up becoming too successful for its own good and it's drawing the wrong kind of attention.
When something seems like it can have a real impact people get threatened or opportunistic and try to control it for pragmatic reasons.
This is cancer and leads to the death of many good things. Holla Forums is right, popularity is legitimately bad for artistic integrity, people can't handle both.

Because communism doesn't work.

I'm not waiting 12 hours for my water

You'd only have to wait 12 hours for the first water to get to you, though. It'd be flowing to you after that.

That is the biggest bullshit I have ever read. Leftists are anything BUT for self-improvement. They loathe themselves, their gender, their race, and they hate facts. One who stands for self-improvement would NOT lie to himself and would take pride in what he does and what he is. There is a reason for why all the leftists are whiny cunts who complain about shit they don't deserve, because they do not want to improve, they want it without any work. How can you honestly say such a thing? You need to take pride in working hard, not to drop your pride.

The actual reason for why most content is left leaning in the west is because the west is slowly shitting itself. So the content is the result of what the population wants, and that means that the content will be a quick buck, not a passion project.

I just like separation of Church and state and think Weed should be legal.

Yes, it does. Can you take a good look at what the left believes today? Or are you gonna say, #notallleftists?

Then I guess you have opinions and you're not a leftist? I'm not left/right. I just apply labels to those who want to be defined by those labels. In this case, the poster I was replying too was saying games are left-leaning because of the leftists' ability to self-improve, which is absolutely ridiculous.

A lot of leftists are self-depreciating because they think they have the potential to become better despite the amount of work they put into their games. It's why they listen to criticism by other progressives. Not changing the status quo is viewed as harmful because they view it as stagnation.

In contrast, a lot of WNs make games like Ethnic Cleansing and Angry Goy because they take pride in the accomplishments that others have done. They don't turn out to be AAA level like Uncharted or Watch Dogs 2.

gee thanks mark