I summon you Saturn Autist. What are some good games on the Saturn that aren't weeaboo pigshit

I summon you Saturn Autist. What are some good games on the Saturn that aren't weeaboo pigshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

etsy.com/listing/213454683/sega-saturn-bluetooth-datalink
segaretro.org/Sega_Saturn/Hardware_comparison
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Grid Runner
Legend of Oasis (only slightly weeaboo)
Panzer Dragoon Zwei
Bugs Too! (can be a comfy game)
Blazing Heroes (comfy TBS game)
Sonic R
Sonic 3D Blast (this is better than the Genesis version)
Marvel Super Heroes (decent fightan)

I'm sure there were more…

Saturn autist is too busy sucking Sony cock to attend to your thread OP.

Go play Shining Force and Daytona USA

>Sonic 3D Blast (this is better than the Genesis version)
Pic very related.

SEGATA SANSHIRO
SEGATA SANSHIRO
SEGATA SAN
SHIRO

Guardian heroes
Fighting Vipers
Mr Bones

Also this thing is pretty nice if you have an action replay or cart with the top serial connection.
etsy.com/listing/213454683/sega-saturn-bluetooth-datalink

Is there a Kamen Rider game for the Saturn?

Most of the best Saturn games are pretty damn Japanese.

Guardian Heroes is great on its own, and being a proper beatemup, is glorious in co-op.

POWERSLAVE YOU FAGGOTS

Is there a difference between the PS1 or Saturn versions.

Small differences like some traps being lasers while the others are fireballs and a different secrets system. Nothing as major as the PC to console differences.

You do know japanese right?
Chaos Seed
Dark Savior
Dragon Force 1 and 2
Nanatsu Kaze no Shima Monogatari
Legend of Oasis
Princess Crown

Shinrei Jusatsushi Taroumaru is pretty goddamn impressive.

Road Rash isn't much different from the 3DO, PC, or Playstation versions. Same for Soviet Strike. Ah, the days before EA was unrepentantly evil.

Shippu Mahou Daisakusen / Kingdom Grand Prix is pretty fun, but it's an arcade port, so you can probably more easily play it in MAME.

That's about half the library. Ask >>>/reddit/ if you the same normalfag recommended Saturn games.

Fuck it then recommend me some Jap ones too.

A few of them have already been mentioned. As I don't speak moon, and have all but quit actually playing games, I haven't bothered to download translated version of Japanese Saturn games.

Here's an old recommendation list, from the days of yore.

I'm surprised no one's bothered a fan-retranslation patch of it, considering how much flack people gave the Working Designs localization on PlayStation. Can it be that all those complaining lack initiative?

Are you a mong?
Do you even know what translating a game entails?

what the fuck

WTF explains a lot of the nineties.

I'll take that as a yes. No wonder the great sea of game hacking became washed-up spineless nuDogs.

I suspect that the infiltration of the regressive left into tech fields has both ruined the industry, and blocked capable people from gainful employment. Without free time and money, optional efforts are the first thing to be erased from the chore list. Every amateur developer I know has fuck all for funds and free time, if they have ever made anything worthwhile.

Whoever made this chart needs to be beaten until they piss blood. The color differences for PAL and US NTSC, as well as the placement for the Sanshiro head is fucking atrocious.

Silhouette Mirage is perfectly playable in Japanese, moreso than Vic's shit release.

Please >>>/suicide/

Not to mention it labels Deep Fear a Jap only release when it got a (laughable) PAL English release.

Thoughts on the Darkstalkers games on Saturn?

I have to start finding some good SHMUPs, i only knew a few like Radiant Silvergun and Hyper Duel

Vampire Killer/Darkstalkers 3 a best when used with the RAM cart. Far superior to the PS1 version.

You sound like someone who hasn't wrote a basic program in your life let alone hack a game from scratch.

Rabid leftism among tech fields is a relatively modern phenomenon. In the 80s and 90s the field was populated with conservatives or apolitical people. Didn't stop them from shitting up games though.

Nigga you better learn moonrunes

Nigger vidya was always full of leftists and progressive boomers stop the goddamn historical revisionism.

Health/Ammo orbs also float in the Saturn version instead of falling on the ground

If that was the case, then there would be no such thing a video games. Everyone knows leftists cant make anything, just destroy. Their a parasites

You sound like someone who thinks "I made a baby girl with my penis (at least I hope so) so I'm making a better future for her by putting boobs on the playable character of a children's game" hack #352457827403345 is stunning and brave. I bet the real problem is that all these complainers don't really want to find out and admit that Working Designs might not have done as bad a job as they thought.

In terms of not breaking the game for their edits, 10/10, totally not NISA.
In terms of fucking up the text, 3/10, stop studying with NISA who got a 0.

You got brain problems there OP?

golly gee OP are you in for a surprise, 90% of the library is what some would classify as "weeaboo!"

If however, you're fine with Japanese games and are open to games that aren't fronting the Japanese style, start with the Panzer Dragoon trilogy. The first two are the best rail shooters ever made, with the second telling a surprisingly warming story. the music is bombastic and some of the best in vidya history, and the frantic action will keep you constantly pumped. The third installment is a fairly short JRPG (about 20 hours long) but also has the best RPG combat ever, tremendous music, killer story beats and is absolutely unforgettable.

Lobotomy's expertise was on the saturn, so the saturn version of powerslave/exhumed is absolutely the definitive one.

Yeah because earthworm jim and neverhood were made by a leftist right?

next up lets get you situated with the best genre of all time, nigger you're taking the STG pill. Start with a copy of thunder force V or radiant silver gun. The sick bosses of radiant silvergun will thrill you and the killer tunes from thunder force V will keep you sucked into the experience. Lastly, stop being a faggot and play with some girls for once in your life because you ain't shit unless you've completed the best fist of the north star game of all time, Cotton 2 Boomerang: Magical Night Dreams. The soundtrack is fucking awesome, the characters are hilarious, and the game play is a shooting game which gets you using fighting game inputs like QCFs and you give you the best ability to ever grace a shooter, the grab/punch. You see that wall of bullets? You don't need to bob and weave through it, you can just punch a fucking hole in it. You see that faggot bee shooting lasers at you? Charge up your shot, blast a dragon at it, and turn it into a magic bubble which acts as an offensive shield, warping everything it comes in contact with into another bubble giving you the opportunity to control the entire screen if you're good enough. And if you think it's too hard? You're not punching enough. This is a shooting game where shooting is secondary and you can literally grab enemies weapons and beat the fuck out of them with it. A true game for men.

Ayy lmao

Ultima and System Shock are shit?
Damn, I must have shit taste

The exception to the rule
Next you'll tell me not all muslims are radicals in contrast with western culture.

Faggot, I saved the image in 2010. Go find your own list.

next up, if you don't have appreciation for mech games get the fuck out of my face because you ain't worth shit and need to learna thing or two. starting with bulk slash. oh what's that, you hate games with cute girls? Stop being a faggot, onii-fam, hop in your mech and start blowing shit up and flying around a glorious, colorful low poly city.

next up, you have friends, don't you? If not, the AI will have to do because virtual on is the best true 3D fighter to this date. fuck off with that arms shit, virtual on is the real deal. Don't got the twin sticks? Stick with a pad for now.

if it barks like a duck…

that's the mark IV

Bump

It was from a time when leftism wasn't rampant and radical.

Is there a difference in the PS1 and Saturn versions of TF5?

Ps1 version does run better thanks to all the 3d.

Well, anyone who knows Japanese is also going to have to know how to replace the text in the game. If they don't know how there's almost no reason for them to learn just so they can retranslate an old Saturn game for some faggots on the internet. If they don't know Japanese, they're totally useless and it's not going to matter how much they complain about the translation because you can't learn Japanese.

No, idiot. The third line must read:
SEGA SATURN SHIRO.

Panzer Dragoon Saga, $300 on Ebay.

Worse 2D shit on the console.

that Road Rash was fucking rad, and the most mid-90s game there is.

The saturn is probably one of the easiest systems to modify files on, as the game data isn't encrypted, many times things like the game script is stored as plain text, as is the case with panzer dragoon saga. That is to say, for some games they may not support non japanese characters at all.

Video delves into the subject, if youre curious.

Not if you play on the Mednafen Saturn emulator.
Also Astal.

Thank you.

You still posted it fucktard. Kill yourself.

So what's the best Sega Saturn emulator?

Closed-source, SSF is still cream of the crop, but it's only for Windows. Open-source/cross-platform, Mednafen (preferably via the Beetle core in RetroArch) is catching up and has already surpassed Yabause.

Guess I'm not needed here

Can you get Mednafen seperately and do you need to mount discs to play the games? Because RetroArch's Beetle core doesn't support save states. And I tried mounting an ISO but I don't know how to get the SSF to run it? Also it's a pain to mount each disc you want to play if you're using Launchbox.

Radiant Silvergun and Cotton Boomerang are must-plays.

With SSF, you must mount an ISO to a virtual drive to play it. You don't need to mount with the alternative. You also might need to configure and use the right BIOS files in order for it to work. As far as I know, savestates aren't dependent on the core in RetroArch, and should be available in Mednafen and SSF as well.

tea timu

That's like asking for SNES games without JRPGs

the goon paranoia over supposed weeb games must be eradicated, and the goons rounded up and gassed for having such shit taste

Okay, but what are the most weeb games on the Saturn? Bonus points if they were never translated.

yuno

Sakura Wars

You people disgust me

it looks really bad on the saturn compared to the ps1 and runs notably worse. it wasn't a very good port, but it may be interesting to fans of sotn.

also try playing the king crimson game

When I was a kid I loved Fighters Megamix, Virtua Fighter 2, Clockwork Knight 1 and 2, Fighting Vipers (the one with Pepsiman), Panzer Dragon, Sonic R.

The additions to the soundtrack are the best (read: only good) part of the Saturn version, and it could've just been used to replace the 5+ instances of Finale Toccata in the Reverse Castle.

probably, the saturn sound hardware is fantastic. which reminds me, emulation completely fucks up the audio and ruins the beautiful music produced for the system.

that's a serious bummer

32 sound generations which are programmed for either fm synth or pcm, 128-step effect DSP the possibility to combine all 32 channels into as little as one, and a 7-level interrupt controller. Also has its own dedicated processor.

Really, the original hardware is the way to go here. Just imagine all the percussion clipping into each other in this song, it would be an even bigger disaster than the clip above.

it sounds like Saturn was complex when it came to audio, but it can't be impossible to emulate, can it?

it's not impossible, but you shouldn't expect good results except with redbook audio. There's division on which is better, the orchestral compositions of the original panzer dragoon soundtrack by yoshitaka azuma, or the 100% sampled synth used in panzer dragoon zwei and saga. I find the emulated music to be plain unpleasant, especially because I know the original.

Your results may vary.

Trash port

its a bit easier to digest on a CRT, but man it's unpleasant.

SotN is shit anyways, the Saturn should've gotten its own ground-up Classicvania.

Congratulations, you get a (1). Don't stick it up your ass just because it's vaguely dick-shaped, okay?

You are now imagining a pure 2D sequel to Bloodlines, made for the Saturn, specifically for its strengths and requiring a RAM cart for the billion and a half sprite frames needed for it.

Only faggots who wear sweater vests play that shit.

not enough wahoos from mario for this kid lol

Quit being so defensive about your cuckchan faggot.

Angry Nintencuck detected.

I finally took the Saturn pill yesterday thanks to this thread. Fucking worth it.

you will discover:

nigga its the real winner of the 5th gen

Stop playing Sega Saturn.

Was he trying to kill Sega? His fuckups seem too perfect to just be normal corporate retardation.

Story time?

(checked)
Why do americans ruin everything

sega is an american company after all, but jews ruin everything. even if sega was founded by jews.

TL;DR cultural differences between Sega of America and Sega of Japan growing increasingly sour.

yeah, they were both being idiots, but soa dropped the ball hard. soj still had games and actually dominated in japan and were in direct competition with sony, neck and neck unlike nintendo who was dead last.

soa could have made the saturn a success here if they just brought over some fucking games and stopped dicking around with sonic shit.

Not really, Saturn was still a distant 2nd place in Japan. It still beat out N64, but Sony dominated that entire generation.

You know they were THIS close to making a real Sonic The Hedgehog 4 on the Sega Saturn? The project got bitch-slapped until it resurfaced in neutered form as Knuckles' Chaotix for 32X, because they wanted a clean break from 2D and wanted to capitalize on this hot new 3D thing all the cool kids were talking about…even though the Saturn's 3D capabilities was by far its weakness against the competition and 2D was its generally its strong point (with exceptions being ports incontrovertibly designed around the PlayStation hardware like Symphony of the Night). We could have received an honest-to-god classic platform follow-up to Sonic 3 & Knuckles if it weren't for Sega of America failing to understand the technology they had. By that token, we could have also gotten Sonic Xtreme in an attempt to fill that conspicuous void if only Sega of Japan didn't cave in to Yuji Naka's demands over the use of the NiGHTS engine (he threatened to leave the company because of misunderstandings over the use of his code, though it retrospect it should have happened then and there). To sum it up, yeah, both sides were definitely stupid and arrogant.

sonic was a waste of time and soa was foolishly obsessed with one-upping mario while soj was focused on delivering one of a kind games.

And by 1993 they had, with Sega owning 52% of the console market in America. This is even more true in Europe where the Mega Drive curb stomped the SNES.
You mean focused on being in third place with the MD and just building on resentment that their American and Euro divisions were doing better than them.

sure worked for soa once the saturn hit.

Because SoJ barged in and fucked everything up that Kalinske did. You actually think SoA wanted to make Nights the leading platformer instead of Sonic? You think SoA supported the surprise May 11th launch and fucking over retailers? That was all SoJ's fault. And then Kalinske left and in a bid to try and reverse their fortunes they brought in Stollar.

this really doesn't explain why soa did nothing to support their flagship product for half a decade

Yes it does. Basically

Now don't get me wrong, Stollar was retarded in refusing to bring over so many of those great Jap games and killing the system early, but the ass fucking Saturn got in 1995/1996 was SoJ's fault.

It's like you're implying Sega makes shitty business decisions.

They did, on both divisions.

The Sega Saturn Autist just doesn't like to admit that the Sega Saturn is a piece of shit hardware (the original PS3 in architecture). Look at Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

t. Nintencuck

Still mad your shitty cart console has the lest variety games during the 5th gen

segaretro.org/Sega_Saturn/Hardware_comparison
like clockworks

Your powerful system did fuck all for your pitiful game library, Nintencuck

So, the graphics weren't atrocious and it had good games. I can't remember anything on the N64 that wasn't Nintendo, Rare, and Doom 64.

I don't even have a N64.

I hope that you weren't talking about SotN because it ran like shit.

Honestly, I'm just shitting on this sentiment.

The Sega Saturn deserved what it got because of what was going on with Sega. I don't feel bad about the Sega Saturn in the same way that I don't feel bad about the PS Vita with Sony preemptively dropping support for it (except shilling). This deserved to happen to Sony.

Man i wish this statement was true and more common.

Never played Darkstalker, don't know a whole lot about it honestly. Do I need to play the PS1 game, or can I just go to the Saturn game?

its not about feeling anything, its about video games. like the vita, the saturn easily provided the most games worth playing.

So why are you being a little faggot in a thread about a console that doesn't concern you

Play the Saturn version, it's the same game as Darkstalkers 3 but with better visuals.

just a fighter, play the ones you want, but definitely worth owning for the saturn.

autism

Look at the PS3. A shit console in a shitty gen. It eventually got the best of that gen because M$ doesn't sell in nipland and that gen was too long. Xbox brand gained ground in the 7th gen and defined it. However, fuck the PS3 for letting M$ cancer spread. The PS4 is selling on nothing. People bought the PS4 at launch for Destiny, a multiplat MMO, and PS4 is definitely going to get more third party support. The 8th gen is going to be worse than the 7th gen which was worse than the 6th gen because of a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Why are calling people faggots for not fanboying for your dead console?

you're in the wrong thread, you can go now.

Why are you in this thread, faggot?

The same reason that I shit on Bioshock threads and Skyrim threads.
To call out the faggotry.

I think you need to reexamine your priorities user.

its some kind of autistic beaconing

>segaretro.org/Sega_Saturn/Hardware_comparison
They just confirms to me that the N64 would have technically been more powerful than either the Saturn or PlayStation if only Nintendo weren't stubborn enough to keep using space-constricting, expensive cartridges instead of CDs (and maybe had a more sensible controller). That empty Vs. N64 section tells me they're not even gonna try and justify it.

Justify what? Not everything is about autistic console wars.

The claim that Saturn is technically superior to N64 hardware.
Which is why they also included PC master race.
Mind you, we're talking technology alone, not other key factors like third-party support, etc.

That page isn't about trying to make a case that the Saturn is the best. It is just comparing it to other hardware in the same gen.

I really hope someone bombs E3.

Don't remind me of how Warren Spector, John Romero, Ding-A-Ling, David Jaffe, and Tim Schafer turned out. Probably more I'm forgetting but fon't want to remember.

Oh and Peter Moore, too, but he's not a dev. Stolar was the one who came up with the DC's launch price in repentance?

I recall Yuji wanted to make Sonic 3 with a heavier use of isometric 3D ala Flickies' Island before the rest of the team/Sega made him realize that it wss too soon for that.

What happened to Romero and Spector.

So in case you missed it…
Vs. PSX: Saturn was more powerful but more complex, programmers were the simpletons!
Vs. N64: (We've got nothing on this, we'll just list basic specs below and hope no one notices.)
Vs. PC: Best PC of the time was less powerful, Sega inspired PCs to git gud, consoles wuz kangz.
But no, it's just a comparison, no bias here.
The person who unironically dismissed it as "autistic console wars" can't detect a little sarcasm. Who's the autist now? Not I, Mr. 36a0c1. Not. I.
Would laugh if this happened, though.

twitter.com/romero/status/796219874519502848

twitter.com/search?q=%40Warren_Spector+trump

Like Jon St. Jon, they cucked out. Spector is involved with the System Shock sequel and reboot which are being made by clique SJWs, too, if I recall.

American devs who have practically produced one offs in their 30+ years of experience are cancer and deserve no following.

No matter how much you sperg about it, its not wrong.

Never said it was. Read again carefully.

Consider saying something interesting.

Consider basic reading comprehension.

Jesus Christ, he's also raising a half-breed.

This right here is pure bullshit. I couldn't get this version of SSF to play Sonic 3D Blast. Everytime, the game plays the intro, then a silent title screen and then a black screen. What am I doing wrong? I swear to god if the answer is a fucking "bad ISO"

Please.

What version?

Try under EZ settings click "Highest compatibility". Make sure the region of the iso corresponds to the region setting for SSF.

Why aren't you playing the best version of Twinkle Star Sprites with a friend, Holla Forums?

bad

I did exactly that yet it's still the same problem. I'm using Virtual Clone Drive which somehow SSF is able to play bin files. It works with others except for Sonic 3D Blast and Nights.

bump

Holla Forums has been extra shit lately

2expensive so I just stick with fightcade for online and the ADK Damashii version for locals

Mednafen has Saturn emulation now and netplay, you could play it that way instead of Fightcade.