Fighting Game General: A tale of games not released on PC eternally retold

Game is confirmed to be using Denuvo for it's PC release.
Two guest characters from other franchises confirmed as DLC and Season Pass users.
Costumes and modes were also confirmed as DLC. Eliza confirmed as a preorder exclusive character. She will be put as a regular DLC a month later.

Supposed leaked cast: archive.is/DWPhD#selection-6593.1-6593.43
Game will be released on September 19th. Deluxe version includes Sigma, other 5 DLC characters and 6 costumes, skins for Ryu, Thor, X and Hulk.

Red Hood trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=2lovdnOUCqg
Him, Starfire and Subzero confirmed as the first 3 DLC characters.

The console version is out. Being released on June 1st on Steam.
There'll be a retail version of the game compatible with the ones who update their normal game with the DLC.
OST: mega.nz/#!OopXgLqT!KQUY2RuETD_4Tk6sqQWdGwOmFK60FOMx5GGZrVAVdrc

PC version is up for pre-order on steam. Pre-ordering the game gives you instant access to the closed beta. The game is also 20% off if you pre-order.

Game is updated with the new CFN, balance patch, new trials for season pass onwers and DLCs: Ed, Vega's SFII and Bison's Stage.

Fairy Tail and Shingeki no Kyojin(including the stage) packs will be delisted from PSN, Steam and Xbox Marketplace after June 20th: teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/info_20170522.html

UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st] is confirmed for PS4, PS3 and PSVita. The game will be released on July 20 in Japan in physical and digital media on PS4. Digital only for PS3 and Vita.
Erika Wagner has been confirmed as Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late [st]'s second new character for the console release.

The game has been released on the Nintendo Switch.

EVO 2017 will feature 9 games: Blazblue CF, GuiltyGear Xrd Rev2, Injustice2, KOFXIV, SFV, Melee, Smash Bros. WiiU, Tekken7 and UMvC3.
EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th.
Treta Championship LATAM Will Happen Between Sep. 30 and Oct. 01. Will Feature MKXL, T7, SFV, KOFXIV, SMash 4, Injustice 2, GGXrd Rev2, MvsCI and a community choice.
Tohru Sakurai, series creator of Arcana Heart, has passed away eariler this month. Examu is hiring for a new game.
Punch Planet new video featuring combos: youtube.com/watch?v=43QjykqeKiI
Cerebrawl new character: youtube.com/watch?v=ayHtKpk5ib4
Trajes Fatais(TRAF) will be released outside of Brazil under the name TRAF: Suits of Fate
Fightin' Herds latest stream: youtube.com/watch?v=ipvxFkQ4iaw
Strides 2 Glory latest gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=KKuIW3jXry0
Kemono Friends Fighter latest character trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=f6vmfguGB0w
Omen of Sorrow gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=jKIXxF-oFfg
Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
Discord group: discord.gg/DbHMSCd
>>>/fighters/
For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM
>Previous thread: archive.is/eqDX8

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/pVIiG
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/5/30/early-tekken-7-eliza-frame-data-document-from-kane.html
twitter.com/Anime_EVO/status/870012180279644164
archive.org/details/GamePro_Issue_070_May_1995
shoryuken.com/2017/05/28/eagle-will-join-killer-instincts-roster-in-june/
mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/forums/bbs/messages/13629.shtml#77892
archive.is/9bH8G
wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Under_Night_In-Birth
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I hope I didn't forgot to add anything to the OP this time
Anyway, post mains

Poetic

Do you guys know anyone who still plays on American style stick parts? I played Tekken 3 as a kid on a Happ stick, but I only really started taking the genre seriously once Sanwa and Seimitsu were the established choices.

What do you expect from crapcom?

So, did you guys catch wind of the latest leak for MVCI?

It's looking pretty shit. Apparently Capcom wants to keep all the good characters behind the DLC paywall so that they can sell more of it. The base roster, according to Ryce (least inaccurate leaker):

Jesus christ, what a shitshow. Capcom hasn't learned their lesson and it's clear with this roster, if true, that they're okay with this game being a failure as well.

Hopefully this'll be the game that kills their eSports bullshit.

I really hope it's real just because it would damage marvel to SFxT levels.
You're still gonna get faggots that eat up the game + all the DLC regardless

It makes you wonder why they didnt just add this stuff to the PC Version of Marvel 3?

There aren't even any non-humanoids in that roster (Rocket counts), at least pick one that could also take Nemesis' place too, to have room for a better character.

Capcom is doing so much shit lately that I will don't get surprised if this Dante in the leak go be actually Donte.

I knew Capcom would half ass everything yet again. New CFN is just old CFN with some shitty features tacked on.

I guess because MvC3 is old, and this game is Modern Crapcom?

The most shocking thing is that USF2 actually finds people pretty quickly.
If anyone's even playing at all.

But the game itself is using MVC3 models. They should of just released a newer addition with all the changes they made.

No, it's not using MVC3 models. The animations and stuff are likely taken from MVC3 but the models are completely new.

-SOME- of the models are new. Are you saying Chun Li, Ryu and Chris Redfield are New?

Also, I am genuinely surprised they is not a Power Stone character in that Leak. Also, Jedah?.. Is he even requested that Often?

Their models ARE new.

I agree that they did a shitty job of it in MVCI but the point is that they're completely new models. They're not reusing the models, just the animations.

I genuinely thought they were using the same models, but just not using the comic shader. That's why I thought they looked hideous.

Nah, the models are shit because Capcom has been haemorrhaging their talent as far as anyone can see.

Welp, it begins. I hope Christie makes it in as DLC, she makes me fucking rock hard.

They likely throw a random Darkstalker's character in that isn't Morrigan so they can pretend they are listening/keep Darkstalker's fans hopeful for something.

God damn I'm glad I don't care about Tekken.

That's just the pre-load. It's actually 58GB

You wonder why gaming is shit now. Its your fault

Not sure what you mean user. I double checked, and it's not a Capcom title.

Are you implying purchasing Tekken 7 is NOT a stupid thing to do?
Do you even know how scummy Namco is, and how poor 7 actually is?

Why would it be a stupid thing to do?

Tekken 7 is pretty anti-consumer just for the use of Denuvo and the season pass bullshit alone.

It's the equivalent of buying ME:A.

Not only was Tekken 5 the last good Tekken, but this game follows on with the very mechanics that were fucked when Tekken 6 introduced them. Combine it with the shittiness of the roster and the regression in combat shown by Jap arcade videos, why would you ever buy it? Why do you hate yourself and others?

Gears of Guilt - Rev2 is out on PC. Downloading it already.

Oh shit, I had no idea about Denuvo. I figured the season pass shit could just be bought with in-game currency though, no?

I just don't think I'm as cynical as you.

So you have shit taste and are a faggot, but you lack the desire for self-improvement and are thus rationalizing it by calling yourself
"optimistic". You're not optimistic buddy, you're just stupid.

Doubt it because my favorite games are dark souls and bloodborne.
For someone who so quickly confuses "ignorant" with "stupid", you sure like to project a lot.

Fighting games are literally all the same thing. They're basically Japan's equivalent of COD clones. Two characters standing in front of a static background fight each other. There's combos, a health meter, etcetera. There is nothing else to the game. This is every fighting game out there.
Prove me wrong.

Arkike System Works pls, how are two characters and 20 minutes of story mode meant to weigh this fucking much when the game itself was less than 20GBs?

You're not ignorant buddy. You can't be in this thread posting and yet still somehow be unaware of the bullshit that is Tekken 7. You don't have that luxury. You knew full well what a shitshow it is, and you bought it anyway. Because you are dumb. Something went wrong fundamentally when you were made and you are now a failed human.
Why are you even here if you hate video games? Why is a man with such reddit-tier taste posting here of all places?

Nope and the excuse for it existing is that "this will finance future patches". Meanwhile you got every other fighter on the market doing patches for free, some even adding content for free with their patches

There's not much out there that's actually unique that would fit your criteria. You could say that about literally anything that fits conveniently into a genre.

I downloaded it in an hour. It might just be compressed data that will unpack on release with a small patch. Or maybe the rest will be downloaded on release, who knows. It's too bad it's not within realistic ram-disk size. Windows eats up so much of my SSD.

No reason why she shouldn't be. They could just use the same animations as Eddie and port customization items from previous games

He's popular among fans of the series.
He's the only interesting thing in the roster but, provided this leak is true, I get the impression he's going to be heavily changed, I mean, his move set is mutilating himself and spray the opponent with gallons of demon aids blood.

Any bets on how long it'll be until we see a cracked version of Tekken 7 after it comes out? I'm giving it only a few days tops. At least it helped prove that normalfags will still buy anything no matter how awful the DRM may be.

Are pic related gonna be in MvCi?

Assuming they're releasing new premier skins, all I'm hoping for is a Dr. Fate Premier skin that replaces Kent Nelson in the Dr. Fate outfit with Zatanna, but the chances of that happening are very unlikely since it only happened, what, one time?

You're retarded.

See I didn't even know this, I was assuming they'd pull the standard like every other fighter.

Yeah there is no way ESPN would let an uncensored Jedah be broadcasted, plus capcom is too lazy to animate him.

I'm gonna go with a safe bet of a week to two weeks tops. That's how long it took other bamco denuvo games to get cracked, Tekken might be faster since it's their biggest IP

I hope not, I want them to remain resting in peace instead of coming back only to be trapped in a shitty game

Pathetic

Wrong

I think you're confused user, no one brought up The Surge.

I think thats just the downside of UE. Change a few things means you need to redownload a good sized block

Kill yourself.

How big is kof14 in size?

I dont have anything against Jedah; I rather have anyone but the same 4 girls over and over and over and over again. Especially Morrigan; her gameplay gimmick is that she is a Shoto who can air dash. Who gives a fuck.

I can see why furfags would request Talbain, since at least gameplay style is unique. It worked for Cinder in the new KI.

It's bigger than your boypussy.

Okay.

Yeah man, whatever you say
Next you'll say you don't have shit taste because you like Persona.

its closed beta is cracked on certain sites, check em. It was between 14 gb and 20 gb IIRC

16 Gigs

Persona 5 is a fucking drag once you get past the fourth dungeon.

How do i get someone to buy the game for me on steam without resorting to prostitution?

Ask mommy

Can't wait for Aris to stream Tekken

I have a job, i just want someone to buy the game for me instead.
I don't like spending my money.

Yes. As incomplete on-disc DLC, behind multiple paywalls and season passes, and they will be bottom tier and barely playable.

What are you saving up your money for?

Ask daddy

I just like having them.

Not him, but I'm kind of the same way. For playing fighting games it would be generally much more convenient for me to just buy a ps4 then deal with dual booting when I do feel like playing something that isn't on fightcade. The 250 for a basic one isn't all that bad but the paying for online really irks me, even though financially it isn't really a deal breaker as it is easy enough to afford I just hate how it's completely normal for people to be subscribed to like 50 things each month. Cellphone, home internet, insurance (although that's yearly for me) are bad enough. I've cut out a lot of frivolous stuff and don't just want to replace it because it's somewhat convenient.

In my experience I've found it's a rich/generosity fag who likes you and it's a game that's either cheap and/or something they like themselves. I almost bought Alan Wake for some nig I've had on steam for years just because they asked and it was on that massive sale. They declined in the end and got it themselves saying there were only joking about getting me to buy it for em'.

Life is cruel.

hoping Red Hood gets a Vigilante skin
or Rorscharche getting The Question skin

We have IDs here you goddamn newfag

Bandai Namco directly funded the Austrian cunts and use the fucking thing for every game now, this ain't news, I don't understand why everyone is surprised.

Get the fuck out of here Boone

I could be interesting. Vixen and Jay were great.
For alternates, I would like to see a Fire skin for Starfire.

Go play TTT2. Its pretty fun, and, if you have a XBONE, it runs perfectly on that too. And I really love that psychotic Angel bitch.

>Anything to do with mainline-ish DC
What the fuck? I know they're building up to Dr. Manhattan in that Doomsday Clock event, but why in the holy mother of fuck would they put Rorschach in Injustice 2?

good 2 kno budy

they can't get Spawn
they get another

Well, the actor from Spawn had an Injustice 2 job listed on his IMDB, that was later removed. And he already worked with both WB and Nether before. I don't think It would be hard to make it.

It's Denuvo Software Solution GmbH, that's German I thought. And aren't these remnants of SecuRom clowns… which last I checked is one of the severed tentacles of Sony… who had exclusive features locked down in T7.

I packed away my PS3 and don't really feel like going back to it. I'm going to give T7 a shot. If the denuvo never gets removed I think I'm done with Bamco forever.

Money

JUST

every year I see capcom's once elder god tier sense of aesthetics go down the shithole and then some. UMVC3 got it right (somehow) compare to MVCI chun-li with that fucking nose oy vey

DLC

DICK
LOVING
CUCKS

Saw this on Steam page for Rev2

So, yeah, get your wallets ready.

They permanently discounted base Revelator so Revelator+Rev2 Deluxe is just the price of a normal new release.

They're Austrian lad, yes they're the remnants of Sonys Securom team.
I don't understand how can you fags shit on Tekken 7 and not Injustice 2 though.

Does anyone here play it? I haven't really seen anyone talk about it since release.

Are we posting on the same thread?

That ain't bad, I'd probably finally jump on the Xrd train if KoF XIV wasn't releasing so soon and if UNIELst didn't drop next month

It's not just that. It's also the DLC bullshit.

I see some Holla Forums fan boys talking about costumes and potential costumes. I've literally never seen anyone talk about gameplay.

Fair enough

Frankly, I made a promise to myself: Only GOTY games, or, at least, when it comes with very good packages. TTT2 will probably be the last great Tekken in quite sometime, since Bamco discovered the magic of Season Pass and DLC galore. I still think it's more worth it.

We were talking some threads ago about the ability to reduce or rise damage diring the specials by pressing A/X at the right moments.
There were also combo videos from desk.
But, yeah, Boon is probably having nightmares with Deadshot. That character might kill Injustice 2 before the end of 2017. But, a guy pointed out that you don't get meter while defending, that must be fixed.

Thats nearly the entirety of the player base.

NRS could really be running the scene if they could just have solid titles at launch, really anybody could if they came out with a title polished at launch that wasn't 2weeb4u. MKX had enough hype behind it going in but wasn't it pretty broken for PC until it got a major patch or two?

They were not the responsible for the PC port directly, and when they fixed the port, they erased the saves of many players in the process.
But the biggest problem is not something I care that much in fighting games: Online, for both PC and Consoles.
I understand it's a crucial part for many players, but I still believe fighting games are made to be played locally. Exactly as it still happens in tournaments, and now, online sucks resources and time from development, and I think it really hits harder on smaller titles, because people keep throwing that AH3 is dead, GG Xrd is dead, DOA5 is dead… When only the online is "dead". Seriously people, fighter are made to be played offline, the more people pushes that online is the norm, the more we see companies pushing more and more stuff with it, like Season Passes, DLC, Online Passes and others, while they are reducing drastically the SP/Offline content and streamlining the games towards ASSFAGGOTS styles. Because they expect players to play online.

I feel ya on that one fam. I played that shit out of Soul Calibur 1 and 2 just to get the start menu that no one else would ever see to change. The only person near me that was ever really into playing fighting was my friend's ex who was legit god like at Guilty Gear. She was really fun to play with and loved to sandbag till she got to low life then turn it up to 11. Literally everyone else I met turns into a crybaby wanker within a match or two.

Any word if Eliza is actually good, or still shit tier?

So, how is Tekken 7? Not only gameplay but campaign and all that stuff.

Saw some videos on youtube and found it pretty lacking… even if it was just a fighting game campaign.

I am still mad that they took out the arcade mode and replaced it with campaign now.
Shit sucks.

Didn't you had both campaign and arcade where you get little stories of every characters?

No.
Campaign only apparently, like MK and injustice.

Won't know till the game's out and people have a chance to try her. Not even azns get a shot at her yet. Not everyone pre-ordered to get her gratis, either. I did though soI'll post my impressions if I get around to trying her. Although I'm pretty casual and don't know how to explain most things in fightan language, I'll do my best.

archive.is/pVIiG
kek

What? I saw arcade mode in youtube. Or are japanese guys the only who get that?

Or it is DLC?

Did Namco turn into Capcom?

Dude, MK 9, 10 and Injustice 1 and 2, both have Arcade AND Story modes. MK vs DC had both.

Mistakes were made…

There is an arcade mode but there is no ending video once you beat it, it goes straight to credits.
You can only get the story in the campaign.

drink bleach baby

Oh, well, that's better but still bad.

Arcade mode is 5 standard battles with credit roll at end.
Campaign is le cinematic experience™ with QTEs and about 2 hours of cutscenes (or less).
Then there's individual character stories which you select on their own. It's 1 fight and a small cut-scene (yes 1 fight total for individual character stories).

This is based off what I've seen from videos so far.

YOU LYING CUNT.

==AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==

I thought we were talking T7 not I2.

lol

So, with E3 right around the corner and T7 coming out in less than a day, anyone else get the feeling Bamco is going to show us Tekken X Street Fighter in the form of more T7 DLC characters?

Not a chance. I doubt we'll hear anything significant about TxSF until at least 2018 and even then it's possible they'll be still be marketing T7 season pass because of the character coming out that year.

Nah, If they make TxSF into DLC for Tekken 7, it won't happen until all the first season pass content is released. That way they can do a 2nd season pass for more milking.
What I'm expecting is something MvCI related since Ono is going and the small chance SNK shows off their next game at Sony's event.

Well, said MK and Injustice had no Arcade modes. And that's a lie. He said T7 was like those games, but since it does not have a real Arcade, I was pointing that out.

He will probably promote the crossover characters first. They probably already decided who will enter, but those polls attract attention.
I would like to see them going crazy with the invitations, and bring characters like Sonya Blade, Hisako, Jam, Angel, Nyotengu… But they will probably only bring Geese and, maybe some one from Sega or TKoei. I am surprised DOA didn't managed to get someone form Capcom and Tekken into DOA 5, when they got four from VF and Mai.

Fighting game fags are the biggest DLC cucks lmao

Tekken 7 is literally called "Day One" edition, they don't even hide it and you're still going to buy it hahaha

It's bait, but it's a sad one because, with some minutes, I can show you covers of pretty much every genre covers with "Day One Edition" and variations. It is the new standard.

So we're getting that PC port of VF5:FS really soon, am I right fellow Virtua Fighter enthusiasts?

Just filter the post niggah

Pretty shit bait, my friend.

I second this. The sad part is, we'll probably see those highly desirable classic Capcom characters (like Rival Schools and Darkstalkers) come back for T7 before Cuckcom does anything with them.

If a Shenmue HD collection is announced or released this month; then yes we're getting it and that one guy actually wasn't lying.

Of course, user! The port will also be a good one and the netcode won't be shit and there will be no Denuvo/DLC fuckery or anything of that sort!
please let all this be true

I wasn't lying.

So all of my shouting into the void for a VF5:FS port and autistically filling out any of SEGA's surveys in which I specifically asked for a PC port of VF5:FS every single time actually paid off?

If sega didn't use Denuvo of their most requested ports that were also single player games, what makes you think they'd do it for a multiplayer focused game that's more niche?

You better not, especially the Quest Mode returning part. If that turns out to be a ruse; I'll be pretty depressed

I'm pretty new to fighting games, aside from Smash. Is Guilty Gear xrd any good? Kind of looking for a game with a high skill ceiling. Is there anything I should know just in general?
Also keyboard or controller?

I think Quest Mode being cut from FS was because of some technical issue regarding Xbox Live or something like that.

Don't worry.

Waiting two-three fucking years for shit like this!

Fuck you, Harada. I get Tekken's story has been retarded since 3 or 4 (or even day one), but god damn it feels like he really dropped the game with this game.

Why isn't Ono fired yet?

I saw a Japanese stream with Eliza available. I don't how I'd react if they keep that dumb bitch in the trash-tier with Chloe and Gigas, or actually make her good.

This game is somehow just as bad as SFV. Half of the rivalries don't even make any sense (Leo v. Yoshi, Jack v. King). What the fuck, Harada!?

Good luck learning Zato or Baiken with a keyboard let alone basics.

I haven't played Xrd, but I can tell you it's the most recommended modern fighting game out there right now.

It was because XBLA had size caps still for digital only games back when it came out if I remember the articles right.

Because he's like one of three big faces left at capcom.

I thought the rivalties were related to the campaign. Didn't watch it entirely.

Oh yeah, that's right, it's also why all the customization was locked behind a paywall, because the base game was cheap and if you bought the DLC customizations it added it up to a full-priced game.

have you ever shat in your shower?

I was in the same boat as you, and I can tell you yes. GGXrd is by far the most approachable contemporary fighting game if you're interested in movement and expressive, aggressive play. It has a great, comprehensive tutorial which teaches you everything from the basics to jump installs to character-specific matchup tips. The game is fast without being overwhelming, and every single offensive option (even some unblockable setups) has counter. There are four ways to block, throws start on frame 0, and the burst system ensures you always have at least one chance to stop your attacker.

In spite of this complexity, there are underlying mechanics like the gatling system and roman cancels which make it easy to understand why things work the way they do.

I can think of only two things which may give you trouble:
I tried to play this game on a pad and it had me questioning my life decisions. A stick is highly recommended.
There's a YouTube series called The Street Fighter's Guide to Guilty Gear which addresses many new players' concerns and has some beginner-friendly characters (with the possible exception of Raven, who was changed significantly in the newest version, Rev 2). Due to the majority of the roster being weirdos with gimmicks, you might find yourself drowning in tech if you try to learn an advanced character like Zato or Chipp. Then again, if you played Melee you might be up for the challenge.

__no__

What happened?

It's not that bad, although one of May's advanced combos had my fingers in an awkward position because you have to hold a dolphin.

Well, they're probably waiting for the GOTY release like myself. 9 DLCs announced before the game is even released is too much but if they follow with the pattern of releasing a discounted version one year later with all the DLC and everything unlocked, I'm fine waiting.
The game has an awesome dub in Brazil with almost every VA from the BatmanTAS~JusticeLeague cartoons back. So I pretend to at least support that in the future.

Yeah, I don't get the shitstorm. Doesn't Netherrealm go all out with micropatches every other week? Just make the defender to earn a lot of meter so he can roll out in the face of deadshot for risk/reward stuff.

ArcSys games tend to have higher skill ceiling yes and Xrd is a recent game so probably has a lot of people playing online. Keyboard is fine if you have a good one but fightsticks/hitboxes are also fine. Didn't really had issues playing May on my DS3 in SIGN. Might get rev2 later too.
KOF is somewhat mid skill ceilling since they toned down combos in XIV but older games like 2002 and XIII have pretty hard stuff to pull. Games like Blazblue and Arcana Heart have small base on PC but are also highly technical.
3D games like Virtua Fighter and even DOA have a bunch of hard stuff going with movement and hit options but they're really different than 2D counterparts. I think DOA5LR PC port still does not have lobbies for some reason.

I'll just embed some resources that'll help those interested, starting with that.

Alright, I will give it a try I suppose. Thanks, user.
That being said. Does anyone have recommendations for a decent stick? It doesn't have to be great or anything. I am on a bit of a budget. I suppose durability would be the main thing to look for.

Note that all these videos are part of a series.

General info for anime airdashers themselves.

I already pre-ordered it too should I cancel it?

Well, that was fuckin' terrible. What the hell happened? T5 was freakin' hilarious I'd say "T7's shitty new characters happened" but that doesn't account for vets getting godawful rewrites. This stuff just feels like filler with no wit to it; shit like this makes me miss the days of static illustration endings (thank goodness KoF went with that).
Josie's got some real nice tits though.

Harada took the series to the shitter since 4 (or 3 is you want to be technical with juggle fest and just frame stuff), and the fgc hypocritcally allowed him to act like a douche bag. That's what happened.

Just leech off your friend while you make fun of him when he feels the disappointment.

It's more disappointing Harada resorted to in-game models than actual clips. God damn, Kuma looks fucking horrible in this game.

Dude what the fuck this is TTT1-tier.

Just play it with them locally using their copies and pirate the PC version when it gets cracked to practice at home.
You get to play the game with them and it doesn't cost you money, problem solved

Oh and I forgot to mention that TTT1 had an excuse because making all endings CGI would be impossible due to disc space restrictions

Are you telling more there's even more goofy, silly retarded endings? Fucking why?

There's a lot of decent sticks out there and your options really open up if you're playing on PC because they all work with PC if they have a USB input/output. Used Madcatz TE S/TE2s on ebay can get decently cheap for the stick quality and durability.

Hori Real Arcade Pro (RAP) are very good as well and you can find them for a range of prices. These are all full-size sticks and you could just stick with them. Mayflash and Hori Arcade Stick Minis are kind of shitty and small.
Prices go up significantly for sticks if you want them to be for current consoles (PS4/Xbone etc) but if you're just looking for PC you'll have more options pricewise.

Note that stick is not REQUIRED, many people play on pad/keyboard/hitbox etc and do just fine so don't feel like you are being forced into dropping dosh to even get into the genre. I picked some examples off of ebay but I haven't looked at them closely so don't take these as unequivocal endorsements.

Harada spent more time on his shitty fanfictions with the Mishimas and defending his weeabo trash like Eliza, Josie, and Chloe than resolving the shit established characters had.

The Chloe and Eddy endings probably justified all the bitching and backlash towards Chloe. She really was a giant middle finger knowing she didn't really do shit. I think I hate Chloe more than I did before.

Those tits don't justify removing Bruce, and having to put up with the most grating voice in the series (I think Cristina "I'm only hired for blowjobs" Vee is voicing her, but I could be wrong).

My apologies; I didn't read your post closely enough. If you are willing to work on a keyboard (remember, spacebar is jump) then that should be fine too. Your local scene may be autistic about someone using a hitbox-type controller, so see if it's allowed there unless you only want to play online.
Don't play online only. The netcode for this game can be pretty garbage.

Remember a stick is a luxury product, so don't skimp and get a bad one. I was lucky enough to find a mint Madcatz TES+ on Kijiji for $140 Canuck bucks with no tax; look around and see what you can find at your local game stores, if you have any. I've heard good things about the Hori RAP sticks, but they were too pricey for me.

Eddy's the only one that escaped being replaced by waifubait. All the other niggers got screwed over and I have to say it was much for the worse. Bruce was fun to play as and Raven was kinda cool in a douchey Wesley Snipes way (or, at least, not as insufferable as Stinky Crow).

Daily reminder Kike Z got blue balled by her.

I'm real close to actually giving him a try.

It's fucking ridiculous is what it is. I'm kind of glad I slowed down on playing it after 5 because this is sad. I'd try to talk a friend out of buying it but he listens to Aris, among other people so he's beyond hope.

I'm glad she's dodged the bullet for now.

What the fuck man?

Another reminder it still upsets Kike Z when you bring it up on SRK, and will reply with some butt-hurt.

But user, no one cares about story in fighting games r-right?

Alright guys, thanks for the info.
I guess I will play around with keyboard/controller for a while to see how I like them.

I want this meme to stop right now

(checked)
They'd probably erase her whole cocktease act aka what makes her fun to watch. She was a riot in T5 - shaking her tits, spanking Lee, getting dragged to Marduk's rape cave etc.
She'd also get a godawful new costume but that's a given.

People still rub that in his face? That's a riot.

People can only handle so much retard in a fighting game story, and it doesn't help Harada's case saying he was going to wrap up the series.

I want this meme to die

Stop killing my hype for this one.

Single player modes are great to fuck around with, especially if your game isn't one of the big ones, meaning it's populace might die fast. I bet BB CF is going to die on Steam because Rev2 just came out, it wasn't especially healthy to begin with but that'll be the straw that breaks its back. If you want to know what lack of single player content does to a game, remember SF V release.

Centralfiction was 50 GBs somehow, though to excuse it it did have hours upon hours of voice acting in the story mode and arcades as opposed to Tekken with the story mode that can allegedly be finished in around two hours without skipping cutscenes… I wonder if there are other single player modes to compensate the shortness.

CF reduced the filesize a bit but the steam page didn't update. But yeah, Rev 2 and the constant need for patching CF's part is definitely going to kill it. I don't hate on dubs but I hope the people begging for it choke.

Are they actually adding dubs to Xrd an CF?

After the games being released? There's no reason for that. Maybe in a future update or if they ever make a Switch port considering Nintendo demands and probably pay for it like Skullgrils on the PS4

No, it's just that on each page there are petitions and 'NO DUB NO BUY' from people thinking that a dub will suddenly appear out of thin air if they're loud enough.

I played some of the Neo Geo ports on my friend's switch, I don't understand how anyone could play fighters with the joycons. You're pretty much forced to buy the overpriced Pro Controller or the hori fightstick if you want a decent controller

I've seen some Korean players mess with Eliza. She seems to be pretty shitty because she really lacks mid and low attacks. When you get over her projectile, she leaves herself very open. Wjiffed uppercuts are death sentences. Oh yea, for some reason she has a super meter like Akuma.

I agree. CF would have problems even if it came in a perfect state because of how unfun it's balance is. It's as if Mori researched "how to make a character everyone will hate fighting" when making Nine and Izanami.

I agree with the spoiler too, real sincere faggots seem to think spamming Steam community hubs with "please add dub or no buy" for a year old game will do anything when a total of one Arcsys worker even goes there. He might even be the only one in that company who can into English. Anyway, I'd much rather get faster releases than wait 3-6 months to get it with a dub I won't use much, especially considering BB in English pretty much only had one great voice actor, Relius. He was far superior to the Nip version. Evil scientist Knuckles just sounds good.

Next Blazblue is probably an RPG. Not saying that just because Mori did say CF was the last fighting game for some time as his word is not worth much. RPG is what BB was initially meant to be and this way, Blazblue would continue without having it and GG eat cannibalise other's playerbase by being in pretty much the same niche. I wonder who'd be the main character though. If Mori's smart he'd pick Kazuma. All the green haired snake faggots are popular as fuck so it'd be easy shekels and this is the only one that can easily avoid a villain role.

avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/5/30/early-tekken-7-eliza-frame-data-document-from-kane.html

Lol? (Maybe someone with more frame data experience can explain if she's good or shit).

Is the Steam version of Garou unfucked yet? I want to try getting some IRL friends into non-Melee fightans with a cheap game, and I think setting up Fightcade would just scare them away.

So how do I, as a poorfag, sue Gamestop?

Threaten them with small claims court. No lawyers involved and they'll 100% be ordered to offer you a refund by the judge as long as you're not in some backwards ass country.

By law you have to offer refunds here. Considering they haven't even given you the product yet this should be no big fucking deal. I'm surprised gamestop hasn't gone into liquidation yet.

Post more asuka

Thats what you get for preordering.

if your pre-order was for PC then please don't leave me alone online

Last time I check it was still shit.

What? I've canceled pre-orders the day before release in the past with no problems. How much did you put down?

Paid it off entirely like a fucking idiot.

What platform?

PS4. Post Asuka getting molested by Lili.

Seeing some Tekken backlash, at least in this thread and in that youtube video. So I guess so far KoF and GG are the only games that seemed to have satisfied fans so far?

While bait I kind of agree to be honest, I generally haven't found a group of consumers that will defend so much DLC and re-released revisions as much as FGC guys (especially Capcom fans). Not to say they aren't the only ones, but they really stood out back in the day when DLC and re-relases/remaster whoring was far more minimal.

You deserve everything you get and more.

Go ahead and refund it for all I care, then.
Only have the reverse of that
It's the last you're getting consolepleb

From u :^)

Forgot I used to really like this mattress actress.

Both have questionable pricing options, but that seems to be the case as far as gameplay goes. I know some people are unhappy with GGXrd being slower than older games, but I haven't played them so I can't say if it's as bad as they claim.

AnimEVO 2017 Registration is now up, if anyone's interested.
twitter.com/Anime_EVO/status/870012180279644164

Damn. Anyone got suggestions for good games under $10, then? Maybe $ 20 but that's pushing it.

That's pretty cool. I was disappointed that it wasn't on the main lineup this yea…
YOU WA SHOCK

Not saying that I want a port I don't even have the thing and I won't get one until next year probably. It's just that there's no reason for an update just for the dub and no one would pay for a paid DLC. But the Switch it's a current gen console/portable that does not have the game and Nintendo could see a dub as cheaper way to sell the game on a new audience the dub fags are almost irrelevant. As for the joycons, isn't the pro controller any good for fightans?

You deserve everything you get

Come on son, you've got nobody to blame but yourself

Fuck, I'm gonna end up watch more Anime Evo than actual Evo

I hope we get something close to that legendary Rei v. Kenshiro match.

Wow, actual good games

Is this the one?

It's not this game, is it?

Yes on both questions.

Is that actually the Hokuto no Ken fightan you mentioned or is there a different version I'm unaware of? I like busted shit as much as the next guy, but jeez.
you would answer my question "no" because that sentence structure is merely the reverse of the interrogative "is it not this game?"

As far as I'm aware there's only one arcade version of Hokuto no Ken.

I would join you friend, but I was a faggot and pre-ordered on Ps4 because of the jukebox bonus.Love me that classic Tekken music.

I'd suggest Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm but they still haven't released the GGPO update because NiCALiS ran off with their money/the devs can only work on it between their real jobs. Plus there is a new version in the works.
Just save the money for the next steam sale.

Some stuff from Eternal Champions. Art and info in the magazine on page 67.
archive.org/details/GamePro_Issue_070_May_1995

I wonder if sega is gonna get in contact with Michael Latham and turn his Eternal Champions successor plans into an actual sequel since their IP resurrection talks

HARADA WHY HAVE YOU ABANDONED ME

Look, if you really want to introduce your friends to a good game but don't want to scare them, I say go ahead and try it. The FPS issue it's not consistent on every platform and the netcode actually uses a rollback netcode. The game is supposed to run at 58fps like in the arcade and is constant here with no drops but looks like the bugs happen for no reason on some other people. You can always refund before 2h anyway. In the end, you'll probably end up playing on fightcade more because of the number of people online. But like you said, you don't want to scare them so you can show fightcade later if they like the base game.

If you want to go for the "less than U$20", the KOFs 98UMFE and 2002UM costs U$15 each. XIII cost U$20 and it's really pretty but maybe too combo-focused for a newfag. Same for Skullgirls (U$15) that is a Mahvel-like game full of resets. I would recommend Vanguard Princess (U$5) but the netplay setup is kind of complicated and the visuals might be offputting for the cute girls and pantsu.

Not really. GG purists don't like stuff like YRC and Danger Time and many would just stay on AC+R if it had good netcode and lobbies like Xrd.

For KOF, it's more complicated because you have different audience and XIV tried to appeal to everyone but didn't really succeded. On one side, you have '98 purists and chinks that don't like long combos but better neutral, on other, spics and huelanders with 2002 and its high-skill combos, and then you have XIIIfags that like their pretty sprites, to hop like rabbits and HDcrazyness . While XIV is slower, have XIII as base, the combos were heavily toned down and made it easier, the hitboxes are more like 2002 with far better neutral and many characters regained their old movesets (Clark, Kensou) but others remain as their XIII counterparts (Ryo, Maxima) pleasing and displeasing many fans. I would say many vets used to changes KOF had among the years but offput to XIII because of the extreme different gameplay style like XIV and in Japan it actually revived the scene but the XIII fans that probably have that game as their first KOF (mostly americans) are really turned off by the game and actively attack things like the graphics and balance as if any KOF can be called good in that aspect.
tl;dr, XIII was only really successful in USA but XIV appeal more to old fans in China, Mexico, Brazil and Japan. So that might explain the low entry at EVO but being a main game that comes after SFV in China along with KOF'97.

I thought you were just exaggerating for comedic effect. Then I saw Asuka's ending was nothing but an exposition dump from Lili as she does this stupid dance shit. What the fuck?

Fucking Harada.

I've been enjoying Injustice 2, and to be honest some of the high-level competition has been amazing to watch. The problem is when it eventually crawls around to the grand finals and I'm reminded of the game's sub-heading:

Injustice 2: Every Battle Is Won By The Gay Furry Nigger.

Sonicfox is your punishment for liking bad games tbh

Hi NRS

Wait really? What happened between Vee and Kike Z?

Cristina Vee has to be the most talentless voice actress in the universe. Every voice she does is EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME. She has no knowledge of inflection at all. Why do people keep giving her employment?

Lol, hardly. I'm just not ready to play Rev2 until I can afford another fight stick. Pad is about as uncomfortable to play as it was with Street Fighter.

KoF was ok on it, but I like King of Dinos and still feel like a fight stick is more appropriate for him.

Shut up. Go tell boon he's a colossal faggot and to actually hire animators with all the DLC jew gold he's getting
But seriously though, NRS has no excuse for why the animations in their games are worse than an amateur SFM porn animator.

So clearly getting tossed around like a ragdoll a bunch and hoping that one day everything will just click isn't working for me, how should I go about gitting gud improving in my weaker areas especially when I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong?

Review your replays. If that doesn't work, get someone else to review your replays.

I think SEGA is still salty with the west. I mean, they still have a good amount of titles that never got released here, and keep pumping only the same games.
But, I do think there is a place for a new Eternal Champions game, even if not officially. The big Challenge of the Dark Side would be going 2D or 3D. It seems like they are planning 3D, and it can work.

Those MKX cases would probably mean the game was rushed. They had Sindel, Rain, Tanya and Baraka at launch, but not complete. I think it's a good sign that development wasn't great. And they didn't reused stuff from MK9.The Kitana example shows how much changed.
When you work with publishers like EA, Zenimax or WB Games, you never know how much they mess up in the end. But, seriously, I think the biggest secret of Japanese games are always reusing animation, that way, you can improve more steadily.

Is Morrigan a good character for a beginner in Vampire Savior?

SFV is shit and I don't like anime fighters. If Tekken is verboten now then what the fuck is there to play that actually has a playerbase?

Err, Injustice2 and KOFXIV then? Well, KOF'98, KOF2002 and 3rdStrike are the most played games on Fightcade, so there are those if you don't mind old games.

You capcom faggots aren't fooling anyone with your bullshit.

wait why

Anyone know how'd that game turn out? I'm thinking about picking up next sale.

Come on bro, if you want to play Tekken nobody here is gonna stop you. But if people have a reason to complain, then they have a reason to complain.

You move on that?

Boy, that magazine was a trip down memory lane. Poor EC guide next to Nightwarriors hitting the arcades and Fatal Fury Special for the same system (I tried but never managed to find a copy of it).

Well, is it true?

He wanted some of that and got none. I think he hit on her during a stream or something; I know something happened but the sordid details elude me.

She's very straight forward, almost the shoto of the game. Her super inputs are what might give a beginner some trouble but Darkness Illusion (LP LP LK 6 HP) can be easily buffered in a chain combo.

People are capable of researching information by themselves.
If you check the individual pages for the game, he appears as a designer for Tekken 3 and keeps appearing onward.

There are like no female characters from marvel side. They are just too afraid to make them or what?

The next two SFV characters might have been revealed in Ed's story.
One of them is a gorilla.
I don't think that'll look good after Injustice 2.

Can't you return it right away somewhere else? That's what you get for giving Gamestop any money (I learned this from preordering Mists of Pandaria, and they gave me shit for forgetting a fucking piece of paper despite I was there like 5 hours ago to pay it off).

shoryuken.com/2017/05/28/eagle-will-join-killer-instincts-roster-in-june/

Who is ready for more SJW pandering from IG and Geoff the Sjwcuck?!

the chef is hype

GYOZA

Her movement is kinda complicated, basic tools suck, and landing Darkness Illusion can be a pain sometimes. If you want a QT, Felicia is much easier.

>>>Holla Forums

Tell him yourself. Only Twatter bullshit I read has pretty much been any shit linked on Holla Forums.

Would like to see what animation errors user finds in Injustice 2 though. That Kitana picture was ridiculous.

That depends. What's the latest Big Two shitting thread they have up?

100% fake

If he wasn't the same guy who came out with the leak of the down down punch shoryuken even when Capcom denied it I would have said it to be fake but he IS saying it and I could see Capcom half-assing their way with making a jedah model and censoring all of his blood moves (all of his attacks basically).

On the one hand, this still seems like too early of a leak to be legit. On the other, this is more-or-less the roster I expected to see, minus most of the SJW shit Marvel has pulled in comics lately, and ironically both sides have been neutered of most of the diversity in characters the companies have been known and loved for (no X-Men, FF, etc.).

Looking more shit than the last Story Mode trailer made it seem. I never got into MvC seriously and was planning to give Infinite a go, but at this rate they can just forget it.

I didnt even consider the censorship part.
Didnt Nemesis almost not make it into mvc3 because how grotesque he is? Or am I remembering wrong?
Because if they cant even handle some creepy flesh tentacles shit, how are they going to handle a guy who fucking decapitates himself, using the burst of blood to launch his head as projectile.

Just got my tax return, I've gotten just enough dollarydoos for the inevitable VF5:FS PC port, can't wait!

IG, M$ and Rare are pretty dumb. It would be a good move to add Joana to the roster. Traps and guns galore, but all have ammo, so, you need to be careful with how you use it.

They will make him a robot, like Samurai Jack did with the enemies? Hahaha.

That video gave me cancer.
I just want to watch Third Strike now to recuperate.

You're nor really here for a long time reading people complaining about balancing, wubwub OST, reused animations on "replacement" characters, Harada giving fuck all for criticism and all this more than a year before we even knew about the possibility of using Denuvo.

That might actually explain some things.

You can just realize how they animate MKX by moving the limbs before the body and see that they kept the same style in Injustice2. mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/forums/bbs/messages/13629.shtml#77892
It looks silly but not everybody does this making the game look even weird.

Any of you fags still playing USFIV with pirated copies? Or I wonder can I find DVD version of this cheap somewhere

Which rooster did they replace?

Oh god, anyone have more details? I need a good laugh.

I suggested this to them on the KI forums back during Season 2, they never bit into it. I was thinking Joanna would make a great gun-kata user with an ammo gauge. But no, they went with Orbiter and General Ham.

Of course, maybe it's because I used Luna Himeki as an example, and seeing Vanguard Princess triggered them super hard because everyone knows female characters have to be edgy grimdark assassins or tryhard Buffy the Vampire Slayer wannabes. They can't just be pretty girls.

Don't forget his command grab which inflates the breasts of female opponents with blood before causing them to burst. The very idea Jedah would be in this game is insane.

I just hope it's cracked in record time so the people responsible for adding it are Japanese-tier scolded and by some anti-faggotry magic, they remove it like nuDoom and some other titles.

Comparison shots of resolution scale settings.

what's your favorite thing about virtual on?

Excuse me?

better question is where's this?

Enjoy paying for something you don't even own pleb

Unless we get some SPICY LEWD MODS I don't see a reason to even pirate that shit in the first place.

Indeed. I feel you brother.

Because I have friends that play with me IRL. I provide a /comfy/ place for them to play that is fully stocked with alcohol, pizza, arcade stcks, controllers, and games. Even if I don't like a game ill buy or pirate it just so they can play. I'll even get all the dlc. Bamco lost my money when they decided to include the drm. I spent the money on KoF14 instead.

Combo Breaker had it for grand finals in the mystery game tournament.

I guess that makes sense but still NO LEWD MODS NO PIRATE

Joana would be a heavy hitter
You example was really good. There were other too, like Vermilion on Toshinden 3, he had two different guns, with different ammo.Anonym from Akatsuki was another nice example. Hell, Stryker and Erron work too. Well, it's their loss, she would be amazing there.

Could work.

I mad

Redhood seems to be shaping up to be the replacement to deadshot, though honestly, considering there are going to be 3 character packs, I expect a lot of gameplay patches and probably the nerfing of low end characters because fuck you

That's what they said about the KoF XIV leak, and look how that turned out

Jason looks pretty good. I think they made a much better gun character with him, you can see how many options he have.
One character I wanted to see was Starfire, she is coming. Vixen, unfortunately is a skin, but a good one. Now, if they manage to add Big Barda and Plastic Man, I might consider buying the GOTY version on PC.

How does one get a 3D gf like Lili?

I'd personally be pretty thrilled if Orca (post Rebirth) was added.

Mainly because most of the current batman rogues gallery that are included are the lunatics with no sympathy other than Freeze, who is a skin.

that, and Orca reminds of Street Sharks

You just want more porn don't you?

First, get rich. Really, filthy rich. And, try to get toned. After that, you can either find a Lili, of making your "girlfriend" into one.

It's a cool design, but no more Batverse, serioulsy. Make her a Bane skin, maybe?

That is always a good reason, but, frankly, DC does have some tasty big gals, and they just don't use them that much.

while I wouldn't mind that, it's mostly due to my street sharks nostalgia, but also to the concept of what Batman was all about: a detective who's foes could have been a hero like him, but their "one bad day" fucked them over and they never picked up the pieces, and Batman hopes to help them put those pieces back together. Post-rebirth has an actual bestial appearance, but is smart and like Freeze, is simply out to do the right thing, but does it in destructive ways.

not like any faggots nowadays have any clue what batman is actually about, they think it's just martial arts and gadgets, when it was really about batman being mentally unstable as well, putting clues together, and trying to pull people away from a life of crime via sympathizing with them.

Joker is supposed to be the way he is because he wants to do the reverse to batman and make him cater to his broken mind instead of seek to rectify it.

I never heard of this guy before.
What makes him special?

sounds rather possible.

Orca is more of a misfit, similar to Killer croc, Mr. Freeze, and the actual members of Batman's rogues gallery that you could HEAVILY sympathize with.

Via Rebirth, she's a mutant and super fucking strong and has a lot of the properties of an Orca, and while she does bad things, she isn't too fond of them and quickly abandons her rehab group because "she's such a horrible looking monster".

she doesn't realize the monster is only on the outside

Christ, I should have expected that shit.

What? did you think those things on her chest were flotation devices?

Orca is a she, yes.
She's a big girl.

for thee

Wasn't that just Lilith? And is 8ch acting up? Clicking a post number opens a new tab for some reason.

Yeah, seems something weird is up.

Does seem that her as a Bane skin would work out, now that I think about it.

But again, gotta be Rebirth because her other version is pretty retarded looking.

So I just got my copy of Tekken 7, it's also my first Tekken game. I know it's not really comparable but which character do you think I would enjoy the most as someone who plays Johnny in Xrd? Meaning high damage, best at mid- to close-range, good pressure options and above-average execution.

That's great actually, I hope they keep it like this

Pick any Mishima

Batman was a wacky costume weaing The Shadow clone beating up criminals and it took decades before some retard thought comic books should be 3deep.

I'm also a first time tekken player but I'm just emulating the PS2 games. Who should I main if I'm comfortable with a rushdown style like Luigi from melee and Ralf from KOF 98, or zoning like Ryu and Sub-Zero? I do have experience with Soul Calibur where I usually co-main Sieg/Night and Taki.

for what purpose

By PS2 games do you mean Tekken 5:DR?

Well you're not wrong.

There's no zoning in Tekken, 3D fighters don't have fireballs and attacks like that usually. If you wanna play a rushdown character, again just go with a character who has Mishima blood, with the exception of regular Jin who is more poking-based. Otherwise you can go with Steve, Nina or Anna since they're pretty fast. Hwoarang and Baek can rushdown pretty well too but that's only if you know what you're doing and if you're playing against human players, the CPU just input reads like a bitch it is.

Predicable, given that Disney is being espeically restrictive with Marvel now.
So we get more Mega Man characters this time around but everyone else leaves? Great.

Tbh he just seems like a rip-off of King Shark. But a Whale.

Anybody with at least long legs for zoning? Obviously Night/Sieg's long sword is the reason why I can zone in SC.

That and tag

For tag you always play Jin or Ogre IIRC, because the balance of that game is fucking terrible. For T5 try Dragunov

Check out Bryan in addition to Mishimas

They were hinting that Eagle is the last character for this game as a story bridge in Shadow Lords but KI "Will continue". Iron Galaxy are staffing their Orlando branch up (Chicago just announced a new game called "Extinction" which is multiplat)

I could see them saving Joanna for a sequel instead.

Yeah, it's just Lilith. The part that gets inflated changes with the character. IIRC, Morrigan's is the bat wings in her head.
And yes, board is acting up.

Lord Raptor had the best one

Christ I forgot about this. I need to play more Darkstalkers.

I knew she survived. Best MILF playable when? If they keep up the common thematic of the inclusions like they did with Rev2 adding a samurai and a ninja, it'd make sense for them to add Ariels and Robo-Ky in Rev3 or whatever they call it. One is a robot, the other is a robot that sort of turned human.

Demitri didn't make it into MvCwhatever since Marvel wouldn't allow their heroes to be genderbent. Capeshit is serious business.

I'd be grateful if someone informed me on USFIV's current state(is it still active, how is online, how is balance, etc) and if it is good where I can get it cheap

That and Capcom either wouldn't bother or make it as tame as possible.

They wouldn't even allow the Marvel characters to have JP voices.
NO FUN ALLOWED

Chiming again on the Jedah thing, part of me thinks the rumor is true and that he'll be in the game but neutered beyond words - blood recolored to navy blue or something, self decapitation and Dobson grab removed etc. I guess me thinking this is possible is testament of how low I believe Capcom has sunk.

Don't forget about Victor's butt clamp super, or Anakaris's harem super.

What a cool idea for a super.

Longer legs? Well you really should try regular Jin in 5 as well, he's poking based and a lot of his moves are long ranged and are really great for fishing for counters since the opponent goes into a crumple stun state from most of his long range poke moves giving you a quick, medium-damage combo. He can also play rushdown a bit, but he's not as good at it as other Mishimas since his EWGF is different and it doesn't combo until Tekken 6/Tekken Tag 2 and his usual rising uppercut move from crouch dash is way slower and doesn't give you advantage on hit (but it's also mid so it can't be crouched under).

You should also look into the Tae Kwon Do characters (Hwoarang and Baek) for obvious reasons, but their problem is that a lot of their hits are high and a lot of their strings have a high move and on higher difficulty levels it's obvious that the CPU is an input-reading bitch (but it can still be cheesed out very easily if you know what to do). If you plan to play against friends however then it isn't an issue since if you learn to pressure well enough with Baek or Hwo the player usually won't think of dodging under some of your highs.

Jack is also great for long-range zoning because he's got anaconda arms due to being a robot AND he has a high damage output, but he's slow as fuck due to being a big guy UUUU so you obviously can't rush down well with him.

After trying out a few characters for a little while I'm liking Heihachi and Bryan the most, Hwoarang also seems really interesting though. Can't really decide on anyone right now though since at the moment I'm still getting familiar with the movement options and input timing.

Hwoarang requires way too much time to get good at, he's pretty fucking terrible choice for a newbie

Hwoarang will get you into a lot of terrible habits if you start out with him, he's a character that's good to learn after you get the fundamentals down, I suggest you stick to Hei and Bryan for now.

I guess so, the whole stance thing is pretty overwhelming. Might start using him once I get a hang of how the game works but for now I'll just keep switching between Bryan and Heihachi in practice mode and try out more moves until I can decide who to play as.

The big problem with Hwoarang is that a lot of his stuff is pretty unsafe, along with the fact a lot of his power moves and moves you can panic mash out with when you're just a scrubby beginner are high moves, meaning that it's easy for anyone who isn't completely retarded to just spot the pattern, duck under it, launch you and wreck your face. But he is without doubt one of the more interesting characters playstyle-wise now that a lot of the interesting classic characters like Anna and Lei got canned, and from what I've seen none of the new characters have an interesting, unorthodox playstyle. You could also go with Yoshimitsu if you're an absolute madman after you get all the fundamentals down, he still is the most interesting character playstyle-wise in my opinion.

(checked)

>Darkstalkers is dead and will stay that way if God is merciful.
Capcom is truly the worst fighting game developer.

D-Did I just fuck everything up?

Didn't you go the memo? Fun is now illegal.

What are you saying go- uh I mean guy? Fun is still allowed in fighting games! Didn't you see those new characters we added like that Rashid guy? He's quacking crazy and really energetic and eccentric! By the way buy the new DLC.

The irony.

I get like that against the cpu

You just confirmed an eSportz-friendly reboot: D4rkstalkers

Donovan will be replaced by Donte

Sasquatch replaced by Violent Sasquatch, now his fists have brutal claw attachments

Morrigan wears a hajib, with cut outs for her wings

Demitri's Midnight Bliss now has him saying "Eye vant to suck your blood xD"

Returning characters cut as DLC, replaced with ASSFAGGOTS and NRS cameos

Plus a BADASS dubstep soundtrack

Balance is the same as last time. Omega is broken and Elena can be annoying with the healing. I remember the online being tolerable for regional play but probably only hardcore players are still playing. Most fans of Street Fighter are actually battered housewifes bitching about SFV but still playing it for some reason instead of doing something that makes them have fun. I myself would rather continue to be destroyed both in 3rdStrikeOE and Fightcade on 3S/ST to going back to IV tried Super than came back for Ultra but in the end it wasn't my cup of tea or ever buying V.

You forgot
Lilith returns as a man-faced tranny complete with facial hair and lip rings and she's voiced by Ashley Burch

DARKSTALKERS ARE BETTER OFF DEAD

I was watching Xian play Poison in early USF4, he comboed into her riding crop ultra and did fuck all for damage. Made me flaccid tbh fam

And her pre-battle chant is "take this cis".

Thank fuck this didn't get repeating integers

I like the cut of your jib, goyim. We need youth-savvy serfs in our Marketing dept. How bout an unpaid internship? Play your cards right and I'll even let you meet Ono-san.

Out of everything posted so far, why does this bother me the most?

Capcom would never work with NRS. I still can't believe they add Cole to SFxTK.

Only if the game was made in Cucknada. Except that, some American, I mean the continent, would be quite interesting, like Quetzalcoatl, Wendigo, Caipora, and others. They could be really cool addictions. But this game would need to be made by Vanillaware. A Kamitani Darkstalkers… Yeah, I could get behind that.

Anyway, seems like people are starting to break the Deadshot curse…

I'd dig it if they made a game that's like Darkstalkers mechanically, but with gods and mythological creatures from all around the world and not just Europe, it'd be pretty cool. Something like War Gods, but not nearly as shitty. And yeah, it'd HAVE to be made by Japan, don't want those greasy leaf/commiefornia cucks to make it.
I JUST WANNA SEE ANUBIS AND AMATERASU DUKE IT OUT WHILE ZEUS AND QUETZALCOATL SUPLEX EACH OTHER, DAMMIT!

Synergistic cross-branding into the broadcast television space, our facebook-survey-based projections show a 23% overlap between ESPN viewers and people who respond as recognizing "that guy from that horror show". If we convert 10% of said demographic, we'll break even on the sourced animation work. Add in costume DLC, story arc DLC, PS4 avatars, and themes? Cha-ching! Got ourselves a new cash cow, boys.

Well, there is this thing…
But, seriously, it's a very good idea. The whole mythological battles are really underused.
Hell, I would love to see some crazy dudes use Smite models and go on with that idea. Would be better than nothing at least.

Wrong video…

I even forgot how to cancel and still won about a third of my matches, that's decent. Guess I gotta hit the combo mode and tutorial again.

New evidence points out that ancient Egyptians were genetically much closer to Europeans.

WE
WUZN'T
KANGZ

To sleep, perchance to dream.

nigga is a joke

What would Street Fighter have to do to be good again?

I had wanted to ask this question earlier in the thread but it seems Tekken 7's release ate up much of the discussion. I'm sure I will ultimately ask it in the next thread, too.

Everyone knows SFV is trash, but SFIV seems equally unpalatable due to its overly defensive play and lack of damage. If both games are poor foundations for a lasting Street Fighter title, then which older games in the series should SFVI emulate? Assuming it shouldn't forge its own path entirely, of course.

I don't know much about Street Fighter, but if we look at Alpha 3:

Whereas in SF3 (which is effectively just Third Strike, unless there's a Second Impact Fightcade community I don't know about):

So, yeah. As I said, I know nothing about Street Fighter's history, but what would your dream design document for SFVI look like (aside from obvious stuff like unfucking input lag and reneging the corporate kikery)?

For SFVI I would love if they just made Alpha 4 to be honest, just tone down custom combos to not be that important damage wise than Lv3 supers.
Yes, a full custom combo should deal more than a Lv3 super, but the difference in Alpha 3 is practically from 40-60% HP with a Lv3 to a touch of death with a custom combo. I would like to avoid ToDs as much as possible.

And yes, SF4 is awful as well. Those who defend it have not played the previous SFs.

How do you feel about dashes and "modern" throw inputs? Would those be barred from an Alpha 4?

denuvo

Hopefully there's a crack as fast as RiME.

I dunno why I bother with some of these people.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in my circle of friends who doesn't fall for corporate bullshit. I had one friend who constantly goes on about never pre-ordering games ever go and pre-order Dark Souls III.

I know your pain

I want to PLAY VIDEOGAMES. I hate myself for it but I'm not just going to wait for a pirated copy and do nothing but lab monster until I can lasso my friends to hang out and play.

I like Tekken more than I dislike draconian DRM… I think. Wouldn't do this for any other vidya, even Devil May Cry 5. Asked for linux and gog release.

All the people at my local fgc aren't buying it because denuvo. Were just gonna keep playing TTT1 and T3 during our tekken nights until it gets cracked.

Hopefully there is more of an answer to Deadshot as new stuff is found, even though Sonicfox still has Black Adam. Honestly, nothing will kill interest for this game faster than a Grand Finals at EVO where Sonicfox plays lame for the whole set. It definitely killed the first with Superman heat vision spamming, and it's boring to see the same person win repeatedly. I like Daigo/Justin Wong/Infiltration, etc., but Street Fighter EVOs would have been a lot less exciting if one guy constantly won it all. SF4 got more fun as it went on because even with the top players it was still anyome's guess as to who would win. My favourite was '13 where Xian showed up and cut a swathe with Gen - a character that was largely overlooked.

Amusingly, her pre-rebirth version was allied with King Shark when they broke prison.

then they killed Orca offscreen when twoface put two bullets in her skull and killer croc came across her body and nibbled on it some

Bandage Normcrop why

The customisation is one of the things that made me not want to play it. It's ugly, and as someone who hasn't played Tekken before, makes it harder for me to understand whats going on.

Lol. I know no one cares about messing with SRK, but the damage control was still pretty funny (I hope Mike Z gave the ban). I'm surprised it took a long time to get a ban.

This is what I don't get. 6 was a shitty game, but it had some really good outfits and items you can give your characters. There was no excuse to drop the ball in this game especially for a character Kuma (how do you not allow players to change his fur let alone give him his fucking old outfits like the durpy shirt and sneakers!?). The old school outfits are the only ones that don't suck in this game.

Guessing these were your posts?
archive.is/9bH8G

Aren't Kazuya and Jin still alive and at each other's throats though?

Yea. I honestly though I'd get banned earlier for shitting on SFV months ago to be honest.

Yup.

FUCK

That's one of the endings. So the Mishima Saga doesn't really end…it just continues with Kazuya and Jin

The buyer's remorse is fucking strong here.

Need paul combos

Did you buy the season pass like a good goy? If you didn't, then they won't have money for patches!

Shhhh, don't let Shoryuken or Eventscrubs know. Seriously, it's fucking Tekken 6's online and SFV all over again.

Rev 2 is pretty fun

I give them exactly 48 hours to roll out a patch for Tekken's netcode, otherwise I quit trying with fighting games for good. Fucking so tired of everything turning out shitty, or having almost no playerbase.

Every time I want I plan to get into Xrd some other fighter that I'm more interested in comes up, then be the time I cool down from that game a new version of Xrd gets announced. It's like a curse

Everytime I want to get into Xrd, I reinstall it and then find that online is either dead or has two people playing so I get to be the third wheel that never gets a match, except for the occasional blue moon where I get absolutely bodied and don't learn a thing from it and I get sad and uninstall it because no friends to play with locally.

My biggest fear about buying Xrd and putting money into a fighting game is that I'll drop it after fucking around for a few hours, and not get my money's worth. That being said, if the price is right, I'll get Rev+Rev 2 during the steam summer sale.

I feel bad because someone bought it for me, we played for maybe an hour tops, and then SFV came out and he cucked himself out with that, so he basically wasted 30 bucks on me for it to sit in my library untouched.

You know you could at any time like go to the discord that's linked in every where a majority of activate players there are GG.
Or the EU FGC discord where you can find even more players easy.
Most people playing online aren't playing randoms, they're playing people they've set up to play, wanna play got to go to where the players are.

Fighting games are trash.

These days yes, I would agree.

If only, but after I get a competent grasp on someone in Xrd I'll just hop into a discord or something. Beats the hell out of waiting to see if friends will ever join up.

Where are you from? You just have to play during prime time, so not too early and not too late. Even without the Discord, I can get matches really easily. Xrd was the first fg I seriously learned. I got bodied a million times but I still had fun and slowly got better. Depending on where you are I'll even play with your scrub ass if you want, I don't mind.

Forgot to mention that Hori's own site seems to be down for some reason, so I can't get any help straight from the source. Fuck.

Welp, kinda regret looking at the T7 ending now.

Why so?
Among the many peeves people have with the game, why does your regret stem from the ending?

Eh, I prefer the whole Heihachi being a dick thing over over his wife being some demon or something that was sent to assassinate him. I've been wondering what the deal was with this Mishima bullshit since T2 and this is pretty underwhelming. Kinda stopped playing around 5 so I'm not suffering through what most others are feeling.

DLC and Denuvo shitting aside, is the gameplay actually good?

I'm having fun getting my ass beat and trying to deathfist people, but I'm not the kind of person you'd want to ask. The last 3d fighter I played to any extent was Soul Calibur III, but that was when I was a kid and didn't even know what the fuck a frame was.

Haven't played the game myself, but I curious, what do anons think of the new mechanics?
Rage Art and Power Crush in specific.
Basically

No. Stick to DR.

Fuck.

That Rose in '14…

Just wait for it to get cracked AND for lewd mods to come out, before that don't bother.

Eliza in water level w/ bikini on does things to me. Really hope there's some juicy lewd mods later.

Don't worry user, I mean a PC version of a modern fighting game with no lewd mods??? Impossible

Thinking about picking up a new main in Under Night In-Birth since I'm starting to practice for [st].
Any suggestions on who to go with out of Akatsuki, Byakuya and Nanase? I use to main Gordeau and Seth.

Does anyone know any good resources for learning Under Night In Birth? Thinking about picking the game up but watching tournament footage and hearing all the terms slung around, and my general lack of knowledge for frenchbread games is kind of putting me off.

KOFXIV Arcade version will be released on June 29th.

Maybe the Mizuumi wiki from the OP?

what said
wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Under_Night_In-Birth
It's what I used to learn all of the basic essentials for the game.

Yeah, that should have been the first place I looked. Thanks.

Speaking of KOFXIV, yall niggas are missing the Xanadu festival

Repeated character should be available for regular offline play.

et tu snk

Is it just me or does Baiken have a massive disadvantage online in Rev2? Often when i use Azami none of the followups seems to come out, and it feels like the delay is causing it. Not used to the character so idk, maybe I am trying to rely on it too much

it sucks though

Has anyone tried this before? It looks like something that can really help Bane.

so does kof 14

NEW THREAD, MOTHERFUNKERS!

NEW THREAD, MOTHERFUNKERS!